PDA

View Full Version : Thomas to debut?

MABroncoFan
09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
from rotoworld.com...

Demaryius Thomas-WR-Broncos Sep. 17 - 12:51 pm et

Coach Josh McDaniels indicated that rookie Demaryius Thomas (foot) could make his debut this week against the Seahawks.

"He's had two good days of practice," McDaniels said. Thomas wouldn't have much of a role this week if he's active, but he's worth picking up and stashing if he went undrafted. His return is yet another reason why Brandon Lloyd is a poor bet for a repeat of his Week 1 performance.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter
Related: Brandon Lloyd

Mogulseeker
09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Thomas wouldn't have much of a role this week if he's active, but he's worth picking up and stashing if he went undrafted. d

Huh? Dude, he was a first round pick.

Lev Vyvanse
09-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Fantasy football.

broncofan2438
09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Man would it be nice to see this kid in action this weekend, but only if he is healthy

bronco militia
09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
ha ha

Mogulseeker
09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
!Booya! about Thomas.

I've never played fantasy football. I prefer to live in reality.

Popps
09-17-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought I heard a quote where Thomas said he felt "a couple weeks away" that was from earlier this week. Maybe I misread it.

I just hope the kid is healed for real.

Lev Vyvanse
09-17-2010, 11:13 AM
!Booya! about Thomas.

Me neither but I am aware of it.

BroncoSojia
09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
!Booya! about Thomas.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxqlw3cKZHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxqlw3cKZHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Punisher
He passed on Dez Bryant what a retard

Rabb
I would rather him take an extra week to heal, seems like we can get by the Sehags without him and need him more for the stretch that follows

MABroncoFan
09-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Not my words btw

Mogulseeker
09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Me neither but I am aware of it.

Tongue-n-cheek.

mr007
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM
I thought I heard a quote where Thomas said he felt "a couple weeks away" that was from earlier this week. Maybe I misread it.

Me too, if he's not absolutely 100% ready, let him heal.

BlaK-Argentina
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM
I would rather him take an extra week to heal, seems like we can get by the Sehags without him and need him more for the stretch that follows

Agree 100%. Just him give him one more week to be absolutely sure.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Special team and a few route.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Special teams is where the injuries happen. How bout just a few routes.

Naggle Nole
09-17-2010, 11:25 AM

Look I understand that you have an anti-McDaniels agenda but is rooting for our players too much to ask too?
Bryant has many questions of his own and didn't exact flash that "Top 5 pick" talent the MSM crows about against the 'Skins

cutthemdown
09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
!Booya! about Thomas.

Wow really. You are missing out on a lot of fun stuff. One thing I really like are movies that are fiction. Books that are fiction. Fantasy football another game you can play to make life more interesting.

Sounds like you have it figured out though you don't need any imagination etc etc to make it through life. I bet you are hoot at a party all based in reality and ****.

cutthemdown
09-17-2010, 11:29 AM
He's gotta be healed by now. He's just having scar tissue stuff going on. He's probably just not ready for the reality that hardly any NFL players feel no pain in legs and feet as they go through the season. Especially when rehabbing an injury.

Not questioning his toughness, just saying for how long since his injury it has to be healed by now. He's not injured anymore IMO.

Punisher
09-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Look I understand that you have an anti-McDaniels agenda but is rooting for our players too much to ask too?
Bryant has many questions of his own and didn't exact flash that "Top 5 pick" talent the MSM crows about against the 'Skins

I like Thomas but to pass on Dez was just another dickhole move by McD

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2010, 11:32 AM

says the ultimate dickhole poster

Punisher
09-17-2010, 11:35 AM

:spit: Yea but at least i didn't passed on Dez Bryant, pick Tim Tebow in the 1st round traded Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler, Traded my 1st round pick for Smith then Trade Smith for Tony .S back up.

Rabb
09-17-2010, 11:37 AM
he's gotta be healed by now. He's just having scar tissue stuff going on. He's probably just not ready for the reality that hardly any nfl players feel no pain in legs and feet as they go through the season. Especially when rehabbing an injury.

Not questioning his toughness, just saying for how long since his injury it has to be healed by now. He's not injured anymore imo.

rofl!

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
:spit: Yea but at least i didn't passed on Dez Bryant, pick Tim Tebow in the 1st round traded Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler, Traded my 1st round pick for Smith then Trade Smith for Tony .S back up.

No, you just reneged on your promis to leave. Now you're just around to point out how much you hate McD.

You are a sorry excuse for a person, but you already know that.

Kaylore
09-17-2010, 11:39 AM

You suck.

Punisher
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
No, you just reneged on your promis to leave. Now you're just around to point out how much you hate McD.

You are a sorry excuse for a person, but you already know that.

Yea i know i suck but At least i don't call like 40 screen plays a game

The Joker
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
He's going to come back into a nice situation whenever he does get back.

Lloyd is coming off a good game so he'll rightfully start at the X receiver spot, and Thomas can come in and ease his way into things by spelling Lloyd whenever he needs a play or two off.

Important to have at least one of them on the field on pretty much every offensive play (except heavy packages/goalline plays etc) where possible, as they're both capable of being that deep threat that we need on the outside.

Hopefully Thomas can stay healthy for the year and get plenty of reps out there. He's got the physical tools to be an absolute star, but I would imagine he'll need time to adjust to such a different offense to the one he played in at the college level.

The Joker
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Not sure why posters like Punisher are tolerated by the mods, they bring nothing to the forum other than the same turgid patter in thread after thread.

I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'll be damned if I can guess what they are.

diehardbroncosfan
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I really hope we let him sit for one more week. Bring him back for the Colts, but our passing game should be fine this week.

Punisher
09-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure why posters like Punisher are tolerated by the mods, they bring nothing to the forum other than the same turgid patter in thread after thread.

I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'll be damned if I can guess what they are.

This is a Thomas thread i just asked Why did that retard passed on Dez? I want answers why? Why oh why?

OBF1
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
!Booya! about Thomas.

Like on the internet LOL

OBF1
09-17-2010, 12:07 PM

I do not know what has happened to you (possible brain damage) But 23 teams passed on Dez Bryant.... So who are you calling a retard?

If you are going to take the time to post something, Even something useless like this, atleast try to make a direct point instead of coming across like a 3rd grade fool

Rohirrim
09-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Didn't you leave?

ColoradoDarin
09-17-2010, 12:41 PM

Hey dumbass, the draft is over. This thread is not about a player selected by another team (I forgot, a team you were going to go be a fan of? or was that the 'skins?), it's about OUR player. Wait, it's about a Broncos player, so hush up until we talk about your favorite team.

OBF1
09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Didn't you leave?

No, just another internet drama queen.

Ray Finkle
09-17-2010, 12:53 PM

really, go join Atlas....this place is better without you.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2010, 01:13 PM

Dez is sleeping through meetings here in Dallas. He's pissed away a lot of his money already and still needs to be shown where to line up on offense. The only retard is him.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2010, 01:14 PM

I don't recall seeing an abnormal number of screens this past weekend. It was about the same amount as any other game I'd watched.

Popps
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't recall seeing an abnormal number of screens this past weekend. It was about the same amount as any other game I'd watched.

We led the league in long passes last week.

But, facts aren't going to stand in the way around here.

Shoemaker
09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
This is a Thomas thread i just asked Why did that retard passed on Dez? I want answers why? Why oh why?

Well, I know you aren't going to care if I give you an actual reason, because it would go against your anti-McDaniels agenda, but here goes.

I've seen it posted by several regulars here who are much smarter about football than I am that Thomas fits McDaniels' offense better than Bryant does. Thomas' skill set makes him more or less a perfect fit for one of the three primary receiver roles on this team; specifically, the one that Lloyd is currently starting in, which runs deep routes and stretches the field-I believe this is the Z receiver position.

So, by drafting Thomas and Decker, McDaniels picked up two receivers who had the perfect skill sets to play the outside receiver positions in this offense. Add in Royal moving to the slot, and McDaniels has set up what could potentially be our receiving corps for the next 5-10 years if they can stay healthy.

Drek or one of the other better football minds on this site could go into more detail on why Thomas' skill set is better suited to our Z-receiver than Bryant's is, I'm sure. However, there's your reason why we favored drafting Thomas.

Well, that AND it was rumored that the Ravens were targeting Thomas with their first-rounder, so by tacking him in front of them, we freed them to trade their first rounder to us so we could get Tebow.

mkporter
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM

I think I'm going to enforce your exile... at least from my point of view. Ignore is a wonderful thing.

Naggle Nole
09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Dez is sleeping through meetings here in Dallas. He's pissed away a lot of his money already and still needs to be shown where to line up on offense. The only retard is him.

Do you have any links to substantiate this?
This could just be beat reporter rumor-mongering

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Do you have any links to substantiate this?
This could just be beat reporter rumor-mongering

I don't know if you know this or not, but not everything in the world is on the Internet. I have it from more than just one guy. And as far as lining up, it shows up in the games.

Naggle Nole
09-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't know if you know this or not, but not everything in the world is on the Internet. I have it from more than just one guy. And as far as lining up, it shows up in the games.

Look man, I wasn't trying to insult you
If you have your sources, that's cool
I was just wondering if you had an article instead of word of mouth

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Nah, it's cool. I'm not trying to be a dick about it. I know enough guys that roam Valley Ranch each day that are saying he's not the brightest bulb around. I think a lot of people knew that before he was drafted, but he's not an astute student of the game. He's still a good receiver, no doubt about that. I just don't know if these 2 guys have similar career paths.

Naggle Nole
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
That sounds like what I know of him
I have heard similar things about him from people I know that were at OSU with him at the time
I think that getting drafted by his favorite/hometown team and immediately getting handed the number of said team's legendary receiver is one of the worst things that could have happened to his career
Dez probably needs to be far away from home and with a no nonsense coach
Instead he gets a coach with no power, a fanbase that is known to be star****ers for the highlight-reel positions and a GM/owner that will coddle him like a baby

SleepingTiger
09-17-2010, 02:24 PM
really, go join Atlas....this place is better without you.

i haven't been on the mane lately, what happened to Atlas? he was definitely one of the better posters on this board. Punisher to me was also a good poster with insight.

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxqlw3cKZHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sxqlw3cKZHA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

To think he could have been riding a Bronco.

gyldenlove
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing Thomas play, he can be pretty special.

The MVPlaya
09-17-2010, 02:41 PM
That quote didn't do any justice.

McDaniels said he's had 2 good days of practice and as long as everything goes the way we hope it goes, I think he'll be ready to roll, and look forward to him playing on Sunday.

outdoor_miner
09-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm excited to see his debut, too. I felt ripped off this pre-season after all the glowing reports from TC and the Invesco practice. The best part of PS is getting to see the up-and-coming rookies. I hope he's the real deal.

Al Wilson
09-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Get the **** out of here you ****ing loser. You stopped supporting this team so don't ****ing come back you ****ing bum

KevinJames
09-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Friday Injury Report:
Out; McBath, Harris & Maroney.
Questionable; Kuper, Woodyard.
Probable; Royal, D. Thomas

Punisher
09-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Get the **** out of here you ****ing loser. You stopped supporting this team so don't ****ing come back you ****ing bum

:spit: LMAO!

The MVPlaya
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Friday Injury Report:
Probable; Royal, D. Thomad

Come on man, nobody can spell the boy's name right but you screw up the last name?

GET YO **** TOGETHER!
:thumbs:

baja
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Friday Injury Report:
Probable; Royal, D. Thomad

Who is Toe mad? A kicker???

~Crash~
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM

this

The MVPlaya
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM

There was a quote like this on rotoworld from the "associated press."

However if you looked into it, it was a quote taken out of an article on ESPN and the legitimacy of that quote is questionable. If anything, he (Bay Bay) could have been just throwing **** out there to throw the USChawks off.

The quote was kind of just thrown in there at the end of the article. If he really said that and meant it I'm sure it would have blown up a bit more.

~Crash~
09-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Dood some day you might not agree with all thats being done ! if so you might like the Idea you can say what you like ! I have left a forum because I was getting into trouble not going with the flow . trust me you are opening a can of worms .

~Crash~
09-17-2010, 03:17 PM

well I for one hope your life gets better Punisher;2937244 at one time you post were not half bad . kind of naive but not bad . you need to lighten the F up but that is probably age.

KevinJames
09-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Come on man, nobody can spell the boy's name right but you screw up the last name?

GET YO **** TOGETHER!
:thumbs:

s is right next to the d i didn't even realize I typed it oh well typical typo i fixed it.

Steve Sewell
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM

I wish one of the mods would grow a pair and ban your sorry ass.

Boomhauer
09-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing Thomas play, he can be pretty special.

If by special, you mean Special Ed, I agree. While he was a good run blicker because of his size, he only ran two routes in college: Stop and Go. His success on Go routes wasn't because of speed or vertical, but by catching CBs in man coverage off guard.
Now that he's in the NFL, he won't be beating CBs with his sub-average speed, TE quickness and will probably always have a safety over the top. With a foot still healing, even his Stop route or a bubble screen is likely to be lethargic.
He might be used as a corner target in the redzone, but I doubt his size will outweigh superior positioning and verticle of a CB. His runblocking in the redzone should be usefull and he could even line up as a 3dr TE since he's probably a better blocker than that bust Quinn.

footstepsfrom#27
09-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Because Thomas' upside is higher than Bryant's is.

footstepsfrom#27
09-18-2010, 03:05 AM
If by special, you mean Special Ed, I agree. While he was a good run blicker because of his size, he only ran two routes in college: Stop and Go. His success on Go routes wasn't because of speed or vertical, but by catching CBs in man coverage off guard.

Now that he's in the NFL, he won't be beating CBs with his sub-average speed, TE quickness and will probably always have a safety over the top. With a foot still healing, even his Stop route or a bubble screen is likely to be lethargic.
Thomas ran a 4.35 forty, hardly sub-par at any size, but at 230 pounds that's scorching speed that can stretch a defense. And since he was virtually the entire Georgia Tech receiving game, he wasn't catching corners off guard in man coverage either. From the tape I've seen of him, he simply manhandled his opponents and dominated. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do once he's fully recovered AND he's learned the offensive system here. Until he does, he'll be brought along slowly, which given the foot problem is a good thing IMO.

Boomhauer
09-18-2010, 03:28 AM
The claim of sub-4.3 is an unproven rumor of Thomas and his agent. Don't know where you got 4.35, but all his official times are 4.5s. Watching him play before his foot injury looked more like 4.5 than 4.3

When your offense runs the triple option, every pass catches the DBs off guard.

Drek
09-18-2010, 04:49 AM
The claim of sub-4.3 is an unproven rumor of Thomas and his agent. Don't know where you got 4.35, but all his official times are 4.5s. Watching him play before his foot injury looked more like 4.5 than 4.3

His agent was taping his workouts before the injury. They sent out videos of his 40 times to every team, in which anyone could time for themselves his 40 time.

Everyone agreed he was running a sub-4.4 40 yard dash.

Cool Breeze
09-18-2010, 07:59 AM
I can't wait to see what he can do.
I'm excited!

55CrushEm
09-18-2010, 08:16 AM

PLEASE don't quote The Ultimate Drama Queen.

Dagmar
09-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I can't wait to see his debut in the flesh tomorrow!!

KevinJames
09-18-2010, 11:18 AM

hes never ran an official time. so how are all his official times 4.5s.

apparently scouts say his workout tape looked like 4.38 type speed.

and if you say you watched him play and he looks more like a 4.5 you need to watch more tape of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g&feature=related#

watch at 3:19 sorry but thats more sub 4.4 than 4.5 if the DB can't even catch him at an angle. Hes a hell of a lot faster than Marshall. Also who cares what his timed speed his he rarely gets caught from behind in those clips and he looks and plays faster than 4.48.

Popps
09-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Who is Toe mad? A kicker???

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic66401_md.jpg

Cito Pelon
09-18-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm looking forward to what Toemad can add to the offense.

Hulamau
09-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Thomas ran a 4.35 forty, hardly sub-par at any size, but at 230 pounds that's scorching speed that can stretch a defense. And since he was virtually the entire Georgia Tech receiving game, he wasn't catching corners off guard in man coverage either. From the tape I've seen of him, he simply manhandled his opponents and dominated. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do once he's fully recovered AND he's learned the offensive system here. Until he does, he'll be brought along slowly, which given the foot problem is a good thing IMO.

Me too Footsteps ... really think he'll be a stud with a little time.

cutthemdown
09-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I watched the videos on Thomas. I didn't come away thinking man he has great speed. What I did think though was man I really like how he uses his size to wall off defenders. I like how he goes up and gets ball at highest point. I like he plays physical when he gets ball in his hands, as well as during his routes.

He seems about Marshalls speed to me.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I watched the videos on Thomas. I didn't come away thinking man he has great speed. What I did think though was man I really like how he uses his size to wall off defenders. I like how he goes up and gets ball at highest point. I like he plays physical when he gets ball in his hands, as well as during his routes.

From everything I've read he's faster than Marshall and close to the same size. However, Marshall is a pretty special player, and this kids going to have to show me something against NFL players before I start comparing him.

Going back to his rookie year, I remember our CB's like Champ drooling over Marshall in terms of his ability. I haven't read any such reports from this season, unless I've missed them.

SoCalBronco
09-19-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm very excited to see him. Go Bey-Bey!

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I didn't like this selection.

Your first over all pick on a team that needs some immediate impact players being spent on a WR with a broken foot that is only polished running a 9 route after shipping an all pro receiver out of town is still kinda senseless to me.

That being said, primarily running 9s worked and still works for Randy Moss. Obviously Thomas doesn't have that same ability and skill set, but here's hoping he hits the scene with a dynamic (AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, HEALTHY) rookie season.

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 12:21 AM
From everything I've read he's faster than Marshall and close to the same size. However, Marshall is a pretty special player, and this kids going to have to show me something against NFL players before I start comparing him.

Going back to his rookie year, I remember our CB's like Champ drooling over Marshall in terms of his ability. I haven't read any such reports from this season, unless I've missed them.

I think he's been injured a lot though. I agree though until he grabs some balls out of the air its all moot.

Still I have to at least hope the young player we are amassing have a chance to work out. Otherwise not only is this yr going to be a struggle, but it could be a long time before it ends.

So right now I want to imagine Decker and Thomas work out at WR, so that at least we are young and promising at one spot. Still it's a reach neither have done a thing yet.

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 12:23 AM

Your first over all pick on a team that needs some immediate impact players being spent on a WR with a broken foot that is only polished running a 9 route after shipping an all pro receiver out of town is still kinda senseless to me.

That being said, primarily running 9s worked and still works for Randy Moss. Obviously Thomas doesn't have that same ability and skill set, but here's hoping he hits the scene with a dynamic (AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, HEALTHY) rookie season.

yeah I sort of agree. Hopefully he grabs 8-9 balls in his debut and it all works out. We could really use someone that hasn't stepped up, to step up. The team desperately needs that player on offense no one can stop.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow really. You are missing out on a lot of fun stuff. One thing I really like are movies that are fiction. Books that are fiction. Fantasy football another game you can play to make life more interesting.

Sounds like you have it figured out though you don't need any imagination etc etc to make it through life. I bet you are hoot at a party all based in reality and ****.

hey, ive played it and sick of hearing broncos fans rooting on rivals because they have them on their FF team. I watch my team and hope they win and hope all others lose unless needing a victory or loss based on the broncos not my FF team. I did it for a few years but rooting for Tomlinson was too much to ask. Dont judge us based on not playing FF. Maybe we should start judging you by not sticking to loyalties based on the mighty dollar (or bragging rights). Try that one on Cut ROFL!

DenverBroncosJM
09-19-2010, 12:34 AM
He might be used as a corner target in the redzone, but I doubt his size will outweigh superior positioning and verticle of a CB. His runblocking in the redzone should be usefull and he could even line up as a 3dr TE since he's probably a better blocker than that bust Quinn.

WTF are you talking about? This is right up there with you saying Mario is better at OLB

Br0nc0Buster
09-19-2010, 12:46 AM

no hes faster than Marshall
he is a long strider so it doesnt look like he is moving super fast, but the kid can flatout fly

I loved the pick though because of the potential, I believe had he played for a more pro style offense he would of been a top 10 pick because he would of had the numbers to go along with the talent
the foot injury is concerning, however it wasnt considered to be a chronic thing, and even if it sets him back this year we still have an entire career to look forward to

Not saying he is as good, but his style of play reminds me of Andre Johnson

hambone13
09-19-2010, 01:37 AM

It's always a pleasure to see solid writing and facts combined with an objective position. I couldn't agree more.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Ok moron, how did he look to you today?

ElwayMD
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Ok moron, how did he look to you today?

Heaping bowls of crow are ready for all these idiots to consume. :spit:

Dedhed
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM

DT is hands down faster than Marshall. Not even in the ballpark of an accurate assesment here.

barryr
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
It's only one game, but I will gladly take Thomas over Marshall any day.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2010, 06:17 PM
His hand placement is what every position receiver u want on your team. If it is 3rd and 7, this is your go to guy. Perfect set of hands ready for the catch. Boomhauer has proven to be a bust as a poster here before the game so his "eating crow" is great for all of us broncos' fans.

cutthemdown
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Thomas looked real good. I still thought it looked more like he uses size over speed but he certainly isn't slow.

55CrushEm
09-19-2010, 06:53 PM

You were saying, douche nozzle?

55CrushEm
09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
yeah I sort of agree. Hopefully he grabs 8-9 balls in his debut and it all works out. We could really use someone that hasn't stepped up, to step up. The team desperately needs that player on offense no one can stop.

Nice call. :thumbsup:

Champagne Powder
09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Thomas' debut was mind boggling considering he played in a wishbone offense and had yet to suit up for even a preseason game.

~Crash~
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Thomas' debut was mind boggling considering he played in a wishbone offense and had yet to suit up for even a preseason game.

that and you add he really has not had much two a day or practice for that matter .

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2010, 07:20 PM
DT is hands down faster than Marshall. Not even in the ballpark of an accurate assesment here.

He surprised the hell out of me on his first catch.

I was like, "Who the **** is that?"

KipCorrington25
09-19-2010, 07:23 PM
The fact we'd never seen the guy ever in a game, not even pre season, before today and he just exploded on the scene I've never seen anything like that.

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM

You're not having a very good (forum) day today, are you?

Hulamau
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM

You missed them

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
You missed them

Wasn't Thomas hurt most of the preseason? I just don't remember any articles where Champ was pimping Thomas like he did Marshall.

baja
09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Wasn't Thomas hurt most of the preseason? I just don't remember any articles where Champ was pimping Thomas like he did Marshall.

Nope Champ was drooling but champ drools a lot. He's a bigger homer than me.

BTW where's Mock

Calling Mock

Hulamau
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Bey Bey is most definitely faster than Marshall. No comparison in speed really. Has better hands as well. Plenty strong enough to manhandle DB's as well, and as he gains experience and gets his timing down with Orton look out!'

Predict here that NO ONE will miss Marshall by next year. Marshall wanted out of Denver in the worst way, Josh and everyone else in the organization knew it, and eventually realized we'd all be better off to part ways.

Kudos to Josh for picking up a replacement that truly has the possibility of making us all forget the Florida Drama Queen. .. Great weapon though Brandon is on the field.

Bey Bey's performance today was light years ahead of where Marshall was in his first game.

Lev Vyvanse
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
You missed them

Umm owned?

baja
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Bey Bey is most definitely faster than Marshall. No comparison in speed really. Has better hands as well. Pleny strong and as he games experience and gets his timing down with Orton look out!'

Predict here that NO ONE will miss Marshall by next year. Marshall wanted out of Denver in the worst way, Josh and everyone else in the organization knew it, and eventually realized we'd all be better off to part ways.

Kudos to Josh for picking up a replacement that truly has the possibility of making us all forget the Florida Drama Queen. .. Great weapon though Brandon is on the field.

Really does anyone miss Marshall now?

I don't see all that much crying about marshall, nothing like Cutler anyway

baja
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Not to mention we still got a #2 pick next year.

Steve Sewell
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Umm owned?

Umm where was I criticizing Thomas?

Dedhed
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Nice call. :thumbsup:

That wasn't so much a call as it was Cutt setting DT up to be a disappointment even if he caught 5-6 balls in his debut.

This way, he can say, "Meh, that's what a 1st round pick should do".

Lev Vyvanse
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Bey Bey is most definitely faster than Marshall. No comparison in speed really. Has better hands as well. Plenty strong enough to manhandle DB's as well, and as he gains experience and gets his timing down with Orton look out!'

He might be faster then Marshall. He might even have better hands. However, no one, and I mean no one, goes out there and almost blocks someone like Marshall.

footstepsfrom#27
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I remember a report out of camp that said Thomas schooled Champ in a scrimage or something and I remember a couple people even then saying he was uncoverable. If he stays healthy who knows how good this kid can be?

baja
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't forget he's a 2 tool player with his punting ability. ;D

Hulamau
09-19-2010, 07:52 PM

The very best method of building a sure fire Super Bowl winner is to select every player Punisher ranks as a 'retard' or 'sucks' ...

Guaranteed to field a team that wins back to back to back Super bowls within a few years ... :-)'

KipCorrington25
09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Don't forget he's a 2 tool player with his punting ability. ;D

No, no, no, he might break his foot again on the ball. :wiggle:

Lev Vyvanse
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM

?
He was talking about Marshall. Did you mean breaking his hand in a TV playing WWF.

baja
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm talking about Mr. Citizen, Marshall

Hulamau
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
I remember a report out of camp that said Thomas schooled Champ in a scrimage or something and I remember a couple people even then saying he was uncoverable. If he stays healthy who knows how good this kid can be?

Yep and Champ as well as Dawkins a Orton said good things about him on the long Sirius radio camp coverage and they spoke with Bey Bey too.

Russ whats his name (former Olineman now Sirius and NFL.com reporter) as well as the other guy from Sirius couldn't stop talking about how impressive DT was that day in practice... Alas that was the day before he tweaked his foot again landing on Smiths foot in the Invesco scrimmage and thus missed the rest of camp.

Since Champ et all didnt get to see him except for a few day at the end of OTAs and less tha one full week of camp they only had a chance to start realizing what this Kid has those last few days before the Invesco scrimmage.

All the reports that week were glowing once DT started to get in a groove with the offense and with the speed of the NFL game.

He ran a number of different routs today ... Go routs, across the middle slants, even a slot rout. Ran everyone of them like a veteran!

The thing I noticed watching him at GT was that he seems like he is almost gliding even when he if flat out flying. DT blew past the Seahags corner on that 21 yard TD today like the DB was standing still.

I also loved that after each catch including his first NFL TD he acted like he'd been there and done that before. No 'jukin' and 'jivin' ... 'Aren't I Awesome' theatrics. Just a nice high five with his teammates and a few fans after the TD. Class kid already.

Br0nc0Buster
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Yep and Champ as well as Dawkins a Orton said good things about him on the long Sirius radio camp coverage and they spoke with Bey Bey too.

Russ whats his name (former Olineman now Sirius and NFL.com reporter) as well as the other guy from Sirius couldn't stop talking about how impressive DT was that day in practice... Alas that was the day before he tweaked his foot again landing on Smiths foot in the Invesco scrimmage and thus missed the rest of camp.

Since Champ et all didnt get to see him except for a few day at the end of OTAs and less tha one full week of camp they only had a chance to start realizing what this Kid has those last few days before the Invesco scrimmage.

All the reports that week were glowing once DT started to get in a groove with hte offense and with the speed of the NFL game.

He ran a number of different routs todays Go routs, across the middle slants, even a slot rout. Ran everyone of them like a veteran!

The thing I noticed watching him at GT was that he seems like he is almost gliding even when he if flat out flying. DT blew past the Seahags corner on that 21 yard TD today like the DB was standing still.

I also loved that after each catch including his first NFL TD he acted like he'd been there and done that before. No 'jukin' and 'jivin' ... 'Aren't I Awesome' theatrics. Just a nice high five with his teammates and a few fans after the TD. Class kid already.

I listened to that as well, they both said Thomas was the most impressive rookie they had seen since they could remember and both said he would be the exception to the rookie receiver rule and have a huge impact this year

hopefully this game was just a taste of whats to come

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Man, that first reception he had on the WR screen, I didn't see his number and I was saying "That is one fast TE, where have they been hiding that guy!" What a great addition to the team.

bronco militia
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
the best thing about DMT was watching him get upfield vs. watching B-marsh dance around on the screen pass.

outdoor_miner
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Thomas looked real good. I still thought it looked more like he uses size over speed but he certainly isn't slow.

You can't be serious. He looked like he was shot out of a rocket on that first bubble screen.

Dedhed
09-19-2010, 09:17 PM
You can't be serious. He looked like he was shot out of a rocket on that first bubble screen.It's hard to see anything positive when you have your Mchater goggles on.

The separation that Thomas was getting was just crazy. 4-5 yards on his curl route, and then when the CB tried to respect the curl he was 8 yards behind him by the time the CB got his hips turned.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
the best thing about DMT was watching him get upfield vs. watching B-marsh dance around on the screen pass.

True.

Baba Booey
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81aaa34c_gallery_600.jpg

I'm still in awe.

outdoor_miner
09-19-2010, 09:26 PM
It's hard to see anything positive when you have your Mchater goggles on.

The separation that Thomas was getting was just crazy. 4-5 yards on his curl route.

That first one was a thing of beauty. He was in the process of blowing by the corner, and you could just see the corner thinking "oh ****" trying to keep up. And then breaks back in at the perfect time. I'm so excited about this guy.

Bigdawg26
09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I really don't think you can compare Thomas with Marshall outside of they are both big receivers that playied for denver. I think Thomas is more like a faster Boldin or Andre Johnson than Marshall. He's definetly faster than Marshall though, but I just don't like everybody on Dez's jock while DT got the same production in 2 1/2 quarters as Dez did in 2 games!

footstepsfrom#27
09-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I really don't think you can compare Thomas with Marshall outside of they are both big receivers that playied for denver. I think Thomas is more like a faster Boldin or Andre Johnson than Marshall. He's definetly faster than Marshall though, but I just don't like everybody on Dez's jock while DT got the same production in 2 1/2 quarters as Dez did in 2 games!
Was it really 2 1/2 quarters? I missed seeing the game but the article I just read said he entered with 3:38 or something left in the half, and caught all 8 of his passes on two drives, one before halftime and one after. In other words he accounted for almost 100 yards playing probably 1/6 of the possessions?

What happens if he plays the whole game?

I think ROY is very possible if he stays healthy.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I think ROY is very possible if he stays healthy.

Jahvid Best says good luck

azbroncfan
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM

Champ pimps every young player on the team. Thomas looked great though.

Naggle Nole
09-20-2010, 10:11 AM

No kidding
He is looking look a major star in the making
Watch how quickly the MSM stops blowing Ryan Mathews and jumps on his bandwagon

DeuceOfClub
09-20-2010, 10:47 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/11/fullj.173d71987aa1dd5289176068768276cc/173d71987aa1dd5289176068768276cc-getty-98604512dp016_seattle_seaha.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/c1/fullj.63e2dcfc02f541a3335c8232d8d72d09/63e2dcfc02f541a3335c8232d8d72d09-getty-98604512dp017_seattle_seaha.jpg

colonelbeef
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
He's a big boy- they kept mentioning during the telecast that he is the fastest player on the team, is that true?

misturanderson
09-20-2010, 11:00 AM

Best is going to have to stay healthy for a whole season too. If he had stayed healthy in college, he would have been the first RB taken in the draft.

misturanderson
09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
He's a big boy- they kept mentioning during the telecast that he is the fastest player on the team, is that true?

He has supposedly run a sub-4.4 40 on tape that was sent to all of the NFL teams since he wasn't healthy for the combine or pro-days. I believe it after watching him yesterday. Royal was just above 4.4 if I recall correctly, but Champ should still be faster or at least competitive. Champ ran a sub-4.3 40 when he was drafted.

Dedhed
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Why did that retard passed on Dez? I want answers why? Why oh why?

Because Thomas is both a better player and a better person than Bryant. Other than that I have no idea.

footstepsfrom#27
09-20-2010, 07:36 PM
It's a long season anything can happen but he looks like he has that kind of talent, does he not?