PDA

View Full Version : broncos release andre brown (update - practice squad)

titan
09-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Broncos release andre brown

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Andre-Brown-released-by-Broncos.html

That didn't take long. I did like the brown pickup based on the potential he showed in the giants preseason, but the maroney trade made brown expendable.

Update:
Gary Miller on his show this morning said the Broncos are putting Brown on the practice squad.

Ray Finkle
09-15-2010, 07:11 AM
What? The cork goblin didn't break this?....she must have been busy....

The Joker
09-15-2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

Man-Goblin
09-15-2010, 07:19 AM
What? The cork goblin didn't break this?....she must have been busy....

JosinaAnderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) WutZ!? Borncos lease notha playa~! Andr Brwn no know til I woke him up! til aready leased! Mc@anals strike gain!

footstepsfrom#27
09-15-2010, 07:20 AM
It would have been nice to see what he could bring to the table.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Shouldn't someone start an appreciation thread?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-15-2010, 07:29 AM
http://benevolentrobot.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/bt-neverforget-gallery-58.jpg

Champagne Powder
09-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I liked Brown's upside more so than Ball, but they aren't going to cut a RB that knows the playbook and has been with the team through the duration of offseason workouts.

tsiguy96
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
i think his salary was guaranteed regardless, so hes making quite a bit of scratch for being a PSer

Popps
09-15-2010, 02:05 PM
JosinaAnderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) WutZ!? Borncos lease notha playa~! Andr Brwn no know til I woke him up! til aready leased! Mc@anals strike gain!

I'd just like to say that I think Josina does a great job.

I'm not going to go into specifics, but... really, a great job.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
i think his salary was guaranteed regardless, so hes making quite a bit of scratch for being a PSer

Don't think he's been in the league long enough to get the guaranteed salary treatment.

OBF1
09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
You forgot to insert the word HAND

HILife
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
You forgot to insert the word HAND

Or Blow

Seriously, I don't know who Josina is, since I don't live in Denver. I just wanted to get in on the joke.

Chris
09-15-2010, 02:22 PM
How does she still have a Job

ZONA
09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I liked Brown's upside more so than Ball, but they aren't going to cut a RB that knows the playbook and has been with the team through the duration of offseason workouts.

Well there is that and also the Ball is the only one who hasn't been hurt. You gotta keep one guy who's not playing on tender recently mended muscles, lol. And it's not like he looked like crap either. He had some really nice runs in preseason.

titan
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I haven't heard any "official" confirmation Brown is going to the practice squad - just Gary Miller's comment on his show this morning that he heard that from the Broncos. Maybe they are waiting for Brown to clear waivers.

baja
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd just like to say that I think Josina does a great job.

I'm not going to go into specifics, but... really, a great job.

does it rhyme with row snob?

broncocalijohn
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
It would have been nice to see what he could bring to the table.

probably my dinner if he doesnt make it past the Practice squad.

strafen
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Well there is that and also the Ball is the only one who hasn't been hurt. You gotta keep one guy who's not playing on tender recently mended muscles, lol. And it's not like he looked like crap either. He had some really nice runs in preseason.
I would've liked to see more of the guy, for sure.
Oddly enough, he was the only one healthy enough to be given a shot, but then again, we'd brought in, Fargas, LenDale, Brown, and now Maroney which pretty much says the coaches didn't think he's that good.
He had a good camp. He definitely deserves a shot.

Boomhauer
09-15-2010, 07:46 PM

a) Is she mentally handicapped, or just a twitter-brained moron?

b) Any varification on P-Squad moves?

UberBroncoMan
09-15-2010, 07:46 PM
We pulled a Brandstater with this one.

tsiguy96
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Don't think he's been in the league long enough to get the guaranteed salary treatment.

isnt it all players on week 1 roster get their base salary guaranteed for the year?

R8R H8R
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
isnt it all players on week 1 roster get their base salary guaranteed for the year?

My understanding is that only applies to vets of 4 yrs. or longer. This would explain why McD may have waited to pursue Marony.

R8R H8R
09-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I haven't heard any "official" confirmation Brown is going to the practice squad - just Gary Miller's comment on his show this morning that he heard that from the Broncos. Maybe they are waiting for Brown to clear waivers.

On McD's press conference today, I thought I heard him say "Tito" Brown was put on the PS, then said separately that Andre Brown was released. Not sure Andre Brown is going to the PS, but I may have misheard.

baja
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
On McD's press conference today, I thought I heard him say "Tito" Brown was put on the PS, then said separately that Andre Brown was released. Not sure Andre Brown is going to the PS, but I may have misheard.

I think the good news is they still like Buck enough to give him a roster spot.

R8R H8R
09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Yes, apparently that may be true, even if temporarily, until they find out what they got in Marony. I just got this gut feeling that they think C-Buck may be nearing the end.

Boomhauer
09-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I think the good news is they still like Buck enough to give him a roster spot.

Wouldn't call that 'good news'. There's a handfull of guys that shouldn't be in the NFL on our roster. 'Good news' would have been if one of them, like Buckhalter, was cut instead of Brown.

baja
09-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Wouldn't call that 'good news'. There's a handfull of guys that shouldn't be in the NFL on our roster. 'Good news' would have been if one of them, like Buckhalter, was cut instead of Brown.

Maroney is injured. Buck stays until LoMo is healthy. Brown was moved to PS. Would not surprise if Buck was cut when LoMo is ready and Brown moved bavk up. We'll see.

baja
09-16-2010, 12:43 AM
I like most here like Brown's back side.

Archer81
09-16-2010, 12:44 AM

Thank God you alone determines who belongs on an NFL roster and who doesnt. How would GM's and HC's function without your guidance?

Jackass.

:Broncos:

Boomhauer
09-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Maroney is injured. Buck stays until LoMo is healthy. Brown was moved to PS. Would not surprise if Buck was cut when LoMo is ready and Brown moved bavk up. We'll see.

Haven't seen any reports of Brown signed to the Broncos P-Squad. Any links? The Broncos weren't the only team interested when he went on waivers so he'll prpbably end up on another roster instead of our P-Squad.

baja
09-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Haven't seen any reports of Brown signed to the Broncos P-Squad. Any links? The Broncos weren't the only team interested when he went on waivers so he'll prpbably end up on another roster instead of our P-Squad.

Look in the Maroney thread I posted an article from the DP