PDA

View Full Version : Maroney traded to Broncos

Pages : 1 2 [3]

gunns
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe because they did not know Buck was going to break down.

OMG, it's like the time being the same each day, the sun rising, Mock posting nonscensical stuff. It's a friggin given. When has he never broke down?

WABronco
09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Team that isn't going anywhere this year...lol.

bendog
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Team that isn't going anywhere this year...lol.

you see playoffs?

Drek
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
you see playoffs?

I think we have a reasonable chance at the playoffs, yes.

San Diego is weaker now than last year, when we almost took the division from them. Our OL better fits our passing and running game plans. Our defense has been improved with the lone exception of losing Doom. Orton looked very good in our week 1 game, dispelling concerns about him not getting it done without his safety net Marshall.

We lost week one because of players making mistakes. Our team was more talented and generally out played Jacksonville. But we made mistakes at key moments that cost us points and gave them points. This lack of discipline is common for week one, especially going on the road like we were.

We'll find out over the next few weeks. I expect us to bounce back and be a very good looking team.

Chris
09-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I am feeling similarly but it's nice to hear this from someone that makes consistently solid posts.

Play2win
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM
I think this trade might allow Moreno to really thrive.

I think Moreno would do great when he is not the workhorse/every down back. Plus if this allows the Broncos to utilize Moreno out of the backfield (in the passing game), we are only going to be better because of it. Moreno is great in space, we just need to get him the ball in those situations and great things will happen. We do that, and this Offense is going to be even more exciting.

bendog
09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
ok. I figure they win next week, but the next three games are tough. But maybe you see them more improved than I do. With the jax loss, I'd think a 4-4 start is very optimistic. Not that I'm bitching. McDaniels is obviously trying to turn over a roster, and that takes at least 4 years, typically. But I hope I'm wrong. I'm a little surprised by the optimism. 8-8 and I'd say McDaniels did well.

txtebow
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I think we have a reasonable chance at the playoffs, yes.

San Diego is weaker now than last year, when we almost took the division from them. Our OL better fits our passing and running game plans. Our defense has been improved with the lone exception of losing Doom. Orton looked very good in our week 1 game, dispelling concerns about him not getting it done without his safety net Marshall.

We lost week one because of players making mistakes. Our team was more talented and generally out played Jacksonville. But we made mistakes at key moments that cost us points and gave them points. This lack of discipline is common for week one, especially going on the road like we were.

We'll find out over the next few weeks. I expect us to bounce back and be a very good looking team.

We finished 8-8 or 5 games behind THEM!!!!!!!

yerner
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Now let's compare our current 2011 Draft arsenal against New Englands:

Denver: 6 picks
1st (Original Selection)
2nd (Original Selection)
2nd (Via Miami, Brandon Marshall trade)
3rd (Original Selection)
6th (Via NE, LoMo trade, lost 4th)
7th (Original Selection)

New England: 10 picks
1st Round
1st Round (OAK Richard Seymour)
2nd Round (CAR 2010 3rd Round)
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (DEN Laurence Maroney)
5th Round
6th Round (NO David Thomas)
7th Round

All I can say is wow!

That is amazing. New England is reloading.

Popps
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
ok. I figure they win next week, but the next three games are tough. But maybe you see them more improved than I do. With the jax loss, I'd think a 4-4 start is very optimistic. Not that I'm b****ing. McDaniels is obviously trying to turn over a roster, and that takes at least 4 years, typically. But I hope I'm wrong. I'm a little surprised by the optimism. 8-8 and I'd say McDaniels did well.

Yep. This will take time. It sure would have been nice to see a healthy team out there this year, but nothing we can do about that, now.

I think we'll be respectable, but I pulled my expectations way back after Doom went down.

I hope we can just build momentum into next year, and play respectably this year.

Anything more is gravy, to me.

Go Broncos.

bronco militia
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
That is amazing. New England is reloading.

they're always rebuilding because they don't seem to draft well.

bendog
09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Yep. This will take time. It sure would have been nice to see a healthy team out there this year, but nothing we can do about that, now.

I think we'll be respectable, but I pulled my expectations way back after Doom went down.

I hope we can just build momentum into next year, and play respectably this year.

Anything more is gravy, to me.

Go Broncos.

No problems. And really the Maroney trade isn't that big of a deal. Sure billicheat gamed it again to get something for a guy he really didn't need on his roster, and whom he had no interest in paying this year or in the future. But since running backs who last 5 years are more the exception than the rule, it's not bad value to give up for a guy who could easily run for 750 yds. I'm never a fan of using a first to take a RB unless it's a guy like Darrin McFadden or AP who really stands apart from other backs. So, in the overall scheme of things, I hope the front office can find a Chris Henry in round 2 or some down the road.

baja
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Now let's compare our current 2011 Draft arsenal against New Englands:

Denver: 6 picks
1st (Original Selection)
2nd (Original Selection)
2nd (Via Miami, Brandon Marshall trade)
3rd (Original Selection)
6th (Via NE, LoMo trade, lost 4th)
7th (Original Selection)

New England: 10 picks
1st Round
1st Round (OAK Richard Seymour)
2nd Round (CAR 2010 3rd Round)
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
4th Round (DEN Laurence Maroney)
5th Round
6th Round (NO David Thomas)
7th Round

All I can say is wow!

Damn maybe they will be caught cheating again

bendog
09-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Al D$v$s should be banned from the league. He screws up parity. I mean if he wants to destroy his own team, it's one thing. When he messes with competitve balance for the whole conference, it's just wrong. The league needs an intervention to declare him incompent and commit him to a home.

baja
09-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Al D$v$s should be banned from the league. He screws up parity. I mean if he wants to destroy his own team, it's one thing. When he messes with competitve balance for the whole conference, it's just wrong. The league needs an intervention to declare him incompent and commit him to a home.

Ain't that the truth...

Moss for a 4th is criminal

tsiguy96
09-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Ain't that the truth...

Moss for a 4th is criminal

then traded a 1st rounder for an over the hill DE in final year of his contract?? what was he ever thinking?

Drek
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
We finished 8-8 or 5 games behind THEM!!!!!!!

And we were 6-0 in the driver's seat before collapsing coming out of our bye and giving them the momentum back.

San Diego is a mentally weak team. If we went out and pounded them in our second matchup they would've folded and we would have walked to a division title. Instead we let them get off the mat.

Same thing this year though. If we right the ship over the next several games and then control the head to head matchups they'll pull back like they do in the playoffs every year.

baja
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
then traded a 1st rounder for an over the hill DE in final year of his contract?? what was he ever thinking?

Clearly Billicheck practices mind control, what's surprising is it had appeared Al had nothing to control.

baja
09-15-2010, 05:08 PM
And we were 6-0 in the driver's seat before collapsing coming out of our bye and giving them the momentum back.

San Diego is a mentally weak team. If we went out and pounded them in our second matchup they would've folded and we would have walked to a division title. Instead we let them get off the mat.

Same thing this year though. If we right the ship over the next several games and then control the head to head matchups they'll pull back like they do in the playoffs every year.

Reason for collapse = no depth = fatigue.

We ran out of gas. I think that is mostly fixed.

cutthemdown
09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Reason for collapse = no depth = fatigue.

We ran out of gas. I think that is mostly fixed.

No Baja that's not the reason. It's all just because Broncos are avg across the board. Too many role players not enough studs.

Still if 4-5 of the Broncos young players develop this yr, and then we can somehow get 1 or 2 studs in either draft of FA, then maybe we can make a run. Getting Doom back would help also.

listopencil
09-15-2010, 05:28 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsQX1ynUB6U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsQX1ynUB6U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
No Baja that's not the reason. It's all just because Broncos are avg across the board. Too many role players not enough studs.

Still if 4-5 of the Broncos young players develop this yr, and then we can somehow get 1 or 2 studs in either draft of FA, then maybe we can make a run. Getting Doom back would help also.

Right because you need studs everywhere to win championships.

Let me ask you, how many "studs" were/are there on the Saints?

How many "studs" were/are there on the Colts?

Freshen up, grow young a bit, and realize this isn't the 90's anymore.

baja
09-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Such a shame we lost doom would have loved to watched what this team could have done with him playing this year

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm not so sure teams that stay focused and overcome pretty insurmountable odds to win the division two years running can really be classified as mentally weak but okay...

baja
09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm not so sure teams that stay focused and overcome pretty insurmountable odds to win the division two years running can really be classified as mentally weak but okay...

maybe when the insurmountable odds are self inflected.

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:05 PM
maybe when the insurmountable odds are self inflected.

We Broncos fans aren't one to talk about that imo.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Right because you need studs everywhere to win championships.

Let me ask you, how many "studs" were/are there on the Saints?

How many "studs" were/are there on the Colts?

Freshen up, grow young a bit, and realize this isn't the 90's anymore.

Saints and Colts are very talented teams, especially at the important positions like QB. Saints really are loaded with talent, I'm not so sure about the Colts but they do have good talent (Dwight Freeny, for example).

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Saints and Colts are very talented teams, especially at the important positions like QB. Saints really are loaded with talent, I'm not so sure about the Colts but they do have good talent (Dwight Freeny, for example).

Really? Is that why we had more pro bowl starters than the Saints?

baja
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
We Broncos fans aren't one to talk about that imo.
true but irrelevant

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2010, 06:13 PM

whatever. I'm a diehard Broncos fan but I'm not gonna argue this point with you. If you think the Saint's don't have talent (Brees for example) then that's your opinion.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:14 PM
And don't forget, the word is "studs" meaning pro bowl or damn near pro bowl players.

They're said to be loaded with talent because they play well as a team.

In 2008 Saints had an 8-8 record with the same core of their roster.

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Um... the Saints couldn't start or play in the pro bowl because they were kinda busy preparing for a game called "the super bowl"... they had 7 players voted into to it. We had 5. The Colts also had 7, but they also couldn't participate for the same reason obviously.

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:16 PM
And don't forget, the word is "studs" meaning pro bowl or damn near pro bowl players.

They're said to be loaded with talent because they play well as a team.

In 2008 Saints had an 8-8 record with the same core of their roster.

And in 2009 they added Darren Sharper... one of the leading candidates for DPOY who had 9 picks and returned 3 of them for TDs in 14 games.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:17 PM
whatever. I'm a diehard Broncos fan but I'm not gonna argue this point with you. If you think the Saint's don't have talent (Brees for example) then that's your opinion.

No, I'm not saying they don't have talent, the point I was discussing was that we need "studs" to win championships. That is, Andre Johnson's, Antonio Gates, Chris Johnson's, Patrick Willis', etc all over the place.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
And in 2009 they added Darren Sharper... one of the leading candidates for DPOY who had 9 picks and returned 3 of them for TDs in 14 games.

And in 2010 he was on the roster bubble.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Um... the Saints couldn't start or play in the pro bowl because they were kinda busy preparing for a game called "the super bowl"... they had 7 players voted into to it. We had 5. The Colts also had 7, but they also couldn't participate for the same reason obviously.

Um... Pro Bowl starters = original starters who were voted in.

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
And in 2010 he was on the roster bubble.

You say "roster bubble", I say, "micro-fracture arthroscopic surgery on his left knee"... guess which is more accurate?

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Um... Pro Bowl starters = original starters who were voted in.

Nice spin... pretty opposed to your actual point, but whatever.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2010, 06:25 PM
No, I'm not saying they don't have talent, the point I was discussing was that we need "studs" to win championships. That is, Andre Johnson's, Antonio Gates, Chris Johnson's, Patrick Willis', etc all over the place.

You're implying the Broncos have just as much raw talent as the last two SB teams and I'm saying your wrong. The Broncos don't have talent like those teams, especially at some very important positions like QB. At least, not yet. Whether you want to admit it or not, talent does win games. You are correct in thinking that team trumps talent but you still have to field a talented team to win a SB...

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice spin... pretty opposed to your actual point, but whatever.

That's not a spin, dumbass. Pro bowl starters are starters who were originally voted in, if someone was a pro bowl starter yet they weren't the original starter, QUITE OBVIOUSLY there would be a notation for that.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Let me add, that every single player on the Saints that made the Pro Bowl for 2009-2010 was on the roster for 2008-2009 other than Darren Sharper.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:29 PM
You're implying the Broncos have just as much raw talent as the last two SB teams and I'm saying your wrong. The Broncos don't have talent like those teams, especially at some very important positions like QB. At least, not yet. Whether you want to admit it or not, talent does win games. You are correct in thinking that team trumps talent but you still have to field a talented team to win a SB...

Well, offensively Brees is quite obviously light years ahead of Orton and 28 other QBs in the league.

Any other position you can make a case. Maybe not Vilma, but Dumervil is just as effective at what he does as Vilma is, maybe even more.

However dumervil is out this season so...it is what it is.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
And RJ, if you say talent wins games tell me how the Saints were improved so much from the 08 season to the 09 season yet they had the same core? Really, the only big difference was Darren Sharper.

You need talent, no doubt. I am not doubting that at all and I 100% agree, but I think it can be overrated at times as in the context cutthroat's dumbass was using them.

Our core roster from 2004 to 2005 was damn near the same at the core, but we won 3 more games and had the best record in the whole AFC.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2010, 06:38 PM
The only game changer the Broncos have is Bailey, but most teams only challenge him when they're absolutely sure it will work.

You could say Royal is the most explosive player on the offense, but could he hold up if the offense went through him?

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
The only game changer the Broncos have is Bailey, but most teams only challenge him when they're absolutely sure it will work.

You could say Royal is the most explosive player on the offense, but could he hold up if the offense went through him?

Explosive? You think thats the key to winning? Get on the Raider bus.

Let's not forget Bay Bay will fill that void on offense.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
And RJ, if you say talent wins games tell me how the Saints were improved so much from the 08 season to the 09 season yet they had the same core? Really, the only big difference was Darren Sharper.

You need talent, no doubt. I am not doubting that at all and I 100% agree, but I think it can be overrated at times as in the context cutthroat's dumbass was using them.

Our core roster from 2004 to 2005 was damn near the same at the core, but we won 3 more games and had the best record in the whole AFC.

I agree to a certain extent that talent alone will not win you a championship (see the Cowboys) but to imply that it does not take a combination of great talent and great team work to win the Lombardi is just wrong. You gotta have talent spread across the team on offense, defense and special teams. You combine that with great coaching and great motivation and you'll have a team that will compete in the playoffs.

Many posters here are afraid of the talent (or lack of talent) the Broncos have for ligitimate reasons. McD can only do so much when it comes to coaching. The players have to execute the plays. Sometimes it just flat out comes down to who's the more talented team (and some good luck too) when it comes to winning in the playoffs. All things being equal (coaching, preparation, motivation) talent will always win out.

Hamrob
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
MVP -

Just how much more valuable do you think a Drew Brees is to a team?

Let's break this down. How many more games in a season (would we win) if we had Brees at QB...rather than Orton.

I'd wager a guess that he'd be good for at least 2-3 games.

Because I think we are currently an 8-8 football team. Drew Brees (in himself) would make us a playoff team. If you think that we are currently a 10-6 team...then Drew Brees would make us an elite (12-4/13-3) team.

That's what talent at the QB position alone can do for you.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
MVP -

Let's break this down. How many more games in a season (would we win) if we had Brees at QB...rather than Orton.

Because I think we are currently an 8-8 football team. Drew Brees (in himself) would make us a playoff team. If you think that we are currently a 10-6 team...then Drew Brees would make us an elite (12-4/13-3) team.

Are we talking about Drew Brees right now? Did I already make a comment on Drew Brees?

All I was saying was, it's a team game. If Jake ****ing Plummer can win 13 games, that really opens up the door for anyone.

Great QB play dramatically helps your team.

However to be a good team/great team, good QB play will win you ball games and if you can mesh together as a team, I think you'll see great things.

If Kyle Orton can break into the top 10 QB mark I think we'll be in good position, and he definitely can.

****, I don't even think Tony Romo is that good...or maybe its that ****ty OC over there in Dallas. And they're suppose to be SB contenders.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Are we talking about Drew Brees right now? Did I already make a comment on Drew Brees?

All I was saying was, it's a team game. If Jake ****ing Plummer can win 13 games, that really opens up the door for anyone.

Great QB play dramatically helps your team.

However to be a good team/great team, good QB play will win you ball games and if you can mesh together as a team, I think you'll see great things.

If Kyle Orton can break into the top 10 QB mark I think we'll be in good position, and he definitely can.

****, I don't even think Tony Romo is that good...or maybe its that ****ty OC over there in Dallas. And they're suppose to be SB contenders.

Can a less talented team beat a more talented team on any given Sunday, yep. Can a less talented team with great coaching win more games than it loses, yes.

That being said, will a less talented team consistently win in the NFL just based on coaching and motivation, nope. Sooner or later the talent gap will catch up and the less talented team will struggle. It's inevitable that other teams will figure out that teams weakneses and exploit them.

WolfpackGuy
09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Let's not forget Bay Bay will fill that void on offense.

If he can get on the field!

Steve Sewell
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
The difference between the least talented team the most talented team in the NFL is very slim.

The biggest difference makers are:

1) Coaching staff
2) QB play
3) Strong team depth
4) Few injuries

strafen
09-15-2010, 07:30 PM
If he can get on the field!There's something fishy surrounding Thomas.
Something is going on with his foot injury and they're letting out...

Boomhauer
09-15-2010, 07:48 PM
There's something fishy surrounding Thomas.

L E M O N aka B U S T

Archer81
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
L E M O N aka B U S T

...Seriously?

You are labeling a 1st round pick a bust when he has yet to play in a regular season game?

http://tinyurl.com/2fmf9o7

:Broncos:

broncosteven
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM
There's something fishy surrounding Thomas.

I think they are happy with Lloyd, Gaff, and Royal right now, but if Royal is hurt we could start seeing more rookies on the field.

Bronco Yoda
09-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Even Hillis would be envious of this lengthy thread.

baja
09-15-2010, 08:48 PM
MVP -

I know you will call homer on this but give Orton this season, his second with the system and recievers and Orton will look a lot more like Drew Brees than Jose Lunch de Pail.

It wasn't so long ago that Brees himself looked loke Jose Lunch de Pail

_Oro_
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
I would just like to add that the team we have right now has more talent than the 2008 team. Which is a good thing no matter how you spin it.

bowtown
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
I would just like to add that the team we have right now has more talent than the 2008 team. Which is a good thing no matter how you spin it.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/374793-004.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF5DD204393BA41E46F5EAC36748E0A23D9 990A847797832A9BE30A760B0D811297

strafen
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I think they are happy with Lloyd, Gaff, and Royal right now, but if Royal is hurt we could start seeing more rookies on the field.

Well, about 3 weeks ago, there were some reports that he was having trouble with his injured foot.
The medical exam at the time revealed one of the screws in his foot was loose and would require surgery. This report also mentioned a surgery would end his season.

Now, I've never heard any follow up news as to whether he had surgery or not.
It obviously appears he didn't. Perhaps a second opinion may have discarded the surgery option, I don't know.

Where did I hear this report?
It was from the 104.3 the Fan Sandy Clough was talking about along with Brandon Krystal.

Ever since I've heard that, I've been keeping tabs with his situation, and the more I see, the more I think it may be a while until wee see him on the field, if this season at all.

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 09:37 PM
That's not a spin, dumbass. Pro bowl starters are starters who were originally voted in, if someone was a pro bowl starter yet they weren't the original starter, QUITE OBVIOUSLY there would be a notation for that.

You missed the point... and why am I not surprised?

The point was, you're saying individual talent doesn't win games in a team sport (at least the smart version of what you've desperately been attempting to say).

However, to try and make this point, you decided to say "We had more pro bowl starters than the super bowl champions!"

Flaws in your logic:

1. While that may be true, they also had almost 50% MORE pro bowlers. Completely counter-productive to your argument.

2. They played in a different conference so the measuring stick variables are different.

3. You're still a nincom-****ing-poop.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
You missed the point... and why am I not surprised?

The point was, you're saying individual talent doesn't win games in a team sport (at least the smart version of what you've desperately been attempting to say).

However, to try and make this point, you decided to say "We had more pro bowl starters than the super bowl champions!"

Flaws in your logic:

1. While that may be true, they also had almost 50% MORE pro bowlers. Completely counter-productive to your argument.

2. They played in a different conference so the measuring stick variables are different.

3. You're still a nincom-****ing-poop.

No, you ****ing dumbass, you derailed from the ORIGINAL point that I was talking about, and that is needing STUDS all over the place in order to win championships/playoff games. Every team needs talent to a certain extent, but you don't need studs all over the place.

We had 5 they had 7, and 2 of theirs were ALTERNATES meaning they weren't on the original roster. Nice way to try and use % numbers to try and make a point though. 50% more, LMAO!! ****ing pathetic. You're not really fooling anyone.

You're #2 supposed flaw has nothing to do with my logic. All I was trying to prove was a basic example of how "STUDS" don't mean anything. The measuring stick is different, but it's nothing drastic enough to make a point in THIS conversation, ****in dumbass. Are you capable of staying on the topic?

My point is, these players other than Darren Sharper were ON the roster the year before but they made it THIS year. What do you think is the cause of that? PONDER this point for a ****in second.

A stud player, to me, is a player who can easily make the pro bowl year in and year out. Andre Johnson, Champ Bailey, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, ETC, that to me is a STUD.

All these players made the pro bowl for the 1st year other than Vilma who hadn't been there since 05 (except Brees).

In the 2006 Pro Bowl we only had 2 starters and 2 other reserves, yet we won 13 ****ing games.

So all in all, don't derail from the original point as you tried to state in your post but yet distracted yourself from because quite obviously you're not very smart.

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 10:34 PM
And let me add, that measuring stick point is once more a fail of a point because AFC teams play NFC teams only a few games a year, so really measuring your talent level to AFC talent would make more sense to begin with.

So I'm not really comparing TALENT TO TALENT as in comparing Vilma to DJ, I'm just talking about the statement of having STUDS... <<--- please understand that.

I think you should drop football and go hang out with your friends more.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1058836/crazy-asians-lmao-o.gif

You guys tend to have the same type of reactions after something huge happens. (yes I meant that in every way you can think of)

Dagmar
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
For a 25 year old former 1st round pick that we swapped a 4th for a 6th this thread contains a lot of...
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/127adfe71e4f35966c199680e5c494ea5g.jpg

TheReverend
09-15-2010, 10:50 PM
No, you ****ing dumbass, you derailed from the ORIGINAL point that I was talking about, and that is needing STUDS all over the place in order to win championships/playoff games. Every team needs talent to a certain extent, but you don't need studs all over the place.

We had 5 they had 7, and 2 of theirs were ALTERNATES meaning they weren't on the original roster. Nice way to try and use % numbers to try and make a point though. 50% more, LMAO!! ****ing pathetic. You're not really fooling anyone.

You're #2 supposed flaw has nothing to do with my logic. All I was trying to prove was a basic example of how "STUDS" don't mean anything. The measuring stick is different, but it's nothing drastic enough to make a point in THIS conversation, ****in dumbass. Are you capable of staying on the topic?

My point is, these players other than Darren Sharper were ON the roster the year before but they made it THIS year. What do you think is the cause of that? PONDER this point for a ****in second.

A stud player, to me, is a player who can easily make the pro bowl year in and year out. Andre Johnson, Champ Bailey, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, ETC, that to me is a STUD.

All these players made the pro bowl for the 1st year other than Vilma who hadn't been there since 05 (except Brees).

In the 2006 Pro Bowl we only had 2 starters and 2 other reserves, yet we won 13 ****ing games.

So all in all, don't derail from the original point as you tried to state in your post but yet distracted yourself from because quite obviously you're not very smart.

:spit:

Do you even notice how often you contradict the point you're attempting to make within a few sentences?

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
:spit:

Do you even notice how often you contradict the point you're attempting to make within a few sentences?

Wow that was the ultimate fail of trying to take quotes out of context. You could have at least deleted the rest of the post, but you bolded parts in which were explained in the post, and sometimes the next line.

I'm not sure how 1 player in Darren Sharper contradicted anything I said, but ok.

orangemonkey
09-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Maroney passes physical but has thigh injury that may prevent him from playing anytime soon. Read full story here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a91103/article/maroney-passes-broncos-physical-but-injury-might-slow-him

"I know the kid -- he's a good kid (who) can be productive in our offense," McDaniels said. "And the thigh, we're just going to see. We're going to treat it, and we'll get him ready to go as soon as he can possibly play."

baja
09-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Maroney passes physical but has thigh injury that may prevent him from playing anytime soon. Read full story here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a91103/article/maroney-passes-broncos-physical-but-injury-might-slow-him

"I know the kid -- he's a good kid (who) can be productive in our offense," McDaniels said. "And the thigh, we're just going to see. We're going to treat it, and we'll get him ready to go as soon as he can possibly play."

So we have a thigh (maroney) & a breast (Doom) out. I ask you are we a bunch of chickens?

The MVPlaya
09-15-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/53438/chicken-o.gif

So we have a thigh (maroney) & a breast (Doom) out. I ask you are we a bunch of chickens?

Popps
09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Is it Sunday yet?

baja
09-16-2010, 12:07 AM
McDaniels says Maroney a good addition to Broncos' backfield

Read more: McDaniels says Maroney a good addition to Broncos' backfield - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16082485#ixzz0zfbDD8yT

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels says running back Laurence Maroney, traded to Denver from New England on Tuesday, is a good fit for the Broncos' offense.
"I'm familiar, certainly, with the player. I know the kid. He's a good kid," McDaniels said today. "He can be productive in our offense."
McDaniels was New England's offensive coordinator and Maroney's position coach from 2006-08. The Broncos sent a 2011 fourth-round pick to New England in exchange for Maroney and the Pats' 2011 sixth-round selection.
Maroney, who amassed a career-high 835 yards on 4.5-yards per carry during the Patriots' 16-0 season in 2007, was New England's first-round pick (No. 21 overall), in 2006 out of the University of Minnesota.
He amassed 757 yards last year but was inactive in New England's opener last week because of a thigh injury.
McDaniels wasn't sure if Maroney would practice later today, but said: "He's a guy that can do a lot of good things. This guy has a lot of football in front of him and we're excited to have him."
McDaniels began shopping for a running back when LenDale White was lost for the season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon during the preseason. The Broncos' depth chart at running back before the trade was Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter and Lance Ball/Andre Brown.
"We wanted to have a third back that played (in this system) before," McDaniels said. "Certainly Lance has done a decent job in the preseason; he's come a long way in terms of his understanding of what we ask him to do. But I just think it made us more comfortable to have a third player at that position that we could count on, so that if we had a guy that gets injured we're not down to really one player that's really played in the NFL."

Read more: McDaniels says Maroney a good addition to Broncos' backfield - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16082485#ixzz0zfb4nHGB

baja
09-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Yet he dumped Hillis - go figure

baja
09-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Maroney trade puts backfield in motion
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Read more: Maroney trade puts backfield in motion - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16077523#ixzz0zfd6kd1e

Coach Josh McDaniels was direct in describing how he felt his running backs performed Sunday in the Broncos' season opener at Jacksonville.
"We felt like we left a lot of yards on the field in the running game," McDaniels said. "Either we blocked well and didn't see it exactly the way we needed to see it, or could have blocked it better."
McDaniels didn't say which of his two running backs he wanted more yards from, but Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter should have received a clear message Tuesday that more is expected after the Broncos acquired running back Laurence Maroney from the New England Patriots. The deal involved swapping late- round draft picks, with McDaniels sending a 2011 fourth-round pick to his mentor and former boss Bill Belichick and the Broncos getting the Pats' 2011 sixth-round selection.
It's possible that within a week or two, the Broncos will have a tailback rotation of Moreno and Maroney.
Maroney was the Patriots' first-round pick, No. 21 overall, in the 2006 draft. At the time, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan also coveted Maroney, who was a classic, one-cut, downhill zone runner at the University of Minnesota. Instead, Shanahan traded up from the No. 15 slot to No. 11 and selected quarterback Jay Cutler.
Strange how one decision can change All Things Broncos.
McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator and Maroney's coach from 2006-08. Maroney was the Pats' top rusher in 2006-07, but he has battled injuries and expectations pretty much from the time he joined New England and did not play Sunday in the Patriots' rout of Cincinnati.
It's unclear whether Maroney didn't play because of a thigh injury or because of demotion behind Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk on the depth chart.
McDaniels has been looking for a No. 3 running back who could compete for the 1B role since the first day of training camp, when 1A back Moreno and 1B Buckhalter went down with injuries.
Moreno pooped his hamstring and was sidelined until the opener at Jacksonville. Buckhalter, 32, took a hit that jarred his spine in the neck area and had only three preseason carries.
The Broncos tried to address the shortage by signing former Tennessee Titans scoring machine LenDale White, who suffered a hamstring injury and then a season-ending Achilles injury, and former Oakland Raiders tailback Justin Fargas, who appeared to be on his last legs and was eventually cut.
Against the Jaguars, Moreno rushed for 60 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries, but there appeared to be a carry or two where he reached a clearing past the line of scrimmage but couldn't accelerate into a big gain.
Buckhalter had only 15 yards on six carries Sunday in Denver's 24-17 loss and fumbled away the ball at Jacksonville's 25 in the second quarter.
Maroney may not deliver immediate improvement to the Broncos' running game, given his thigh issue. But his familiarity with McDaniels' offensive system also means that Maroney should be full speed ahead once he gets healthy.
The Broncos will have to make a roster move before Maroney's first practice with the team today.

Laurence Maroney bio

Position: Running back
Birthday (age): Feb. 5, 1985 (25)
Height: 5-feet-11 Weight: 220 pounds
Born: St. Louis
High school: Normandy (St. Louis)
College: Minnesota
College highlights: Averaged 1,311 yards in his three seasons despite sharing Gophers backfield duties with Marion Barber III. Entered draft after junior season.
Drafted: First round (No. 21) in 2006. He was the second tailback selected — after Reggie Bush (No. 2) but ahead of DeAngelo Williams (No. 27) and Joseph Addai (No. 30). Then-Broncos coach Mike Shanahan also coveted Maroney, but traded up to take QB Jay Cutler at No. 11.
NFL highlights: Rushed for career-high 835 yards on 4.5 yards per carry and six TDs in 13 games during Patriots' 16-0 season of 2007. Rushed for 745 yards as rookie in 2006 and 757 yards last year. Missed most of 2008 season with shoulder injury and was inactive in opener last week either because of thigh injury or had fallen to No. 4 on Pats' depth chart.
Mike Klis, The Denver Post

Read more: Maroney trade puts backfield in motion - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16077523#ixzz0zfcydRbc

BroncoBuff
09-16-2010, 12:27 AM
He must be injured or we wouldn't have signed him.

Just his mind.

fontaine
09-16-2010, 03:57 AM
McDaniels has been looking for a No. 3 running back who could compete for the 1B role since the first day of training camp, when 1A back Moreno and 1B Buckhalter went down with injuries.
Moreno pooped his hamstring and was sidelined until the opener at Jacksonville. Buckhalter, 32, took a hit that jarred his spine in the neck area and had only three preseason carries.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16077523#ixzz0zfcydRbc[/url]

Wow.

TDmvp
09-16-2010, 04:17 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/risredrerivers.jpg

might as well add old faithful as well ....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/45/this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

But 23 pages ... really . I mean you would think this was something important like the Champ/Portis trade , Cutler being worthless , Pat being a gutless drunk , or HILLIS :strong: !!! :spit:

edit : 24 pages hehe ...

tsiguy96
09-16-2010, 04:22 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/risredrerivers.jpg

might as well add old faithful as well ....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/45/this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

But 23 pages ... really . I mean you would think this was something important like the Champ/Portis trade , Cutler being worthless , Pat being a gutless drunk , or HILLIS :strong: !!! :spit:

edit : 24 pages hehe ...

if it makes you feel better, its only 15 pages with the board set on 40 posts per page

TDmvp
09-16-2010, 04:33 AM
if it makes you feel better, its only 15 pages with the board set on 40 posts per page

thx man , looking at it that way I feel much better it...8')

BroncoBuff
09-16-2010, 05:38 AM
I like this trade a lot. We swap our 4th for their 6th, and get Maroney? That's almost a freebie ... plus his contract is up and Josh knows him? I can't imagine any objections.

Drek
09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
I like this trade a lot. We swap our 4th for their 6th, and get Maroney? That's almost a freebie ... plus his contract is up and Josh knows him? I can't imagine any objections.

Me either.

We can go full scorched earth on Maroney as soon as he's healthy and throw him to the wolves on every short yardage down with no long term commitment. That takes a lot of physical wear and tear off Moreno, letting him get involved in other aspects of the offense (like the passing game) and minimizing our reliance on Buckhalter.

If at the end of the year we liked what a short yardage compliment did for Moreno's production we don't even need to retain Maroney because we still have Lendale White under contract for 2011.

Just a win/win situation for us to be in. A smart move by Xanders and McDaniels to jump on this and have the deal all but done before the Packers had word that Grant was out for the season.

baja
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM

I agree with this.