PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Injuries! Re: Jenkins, Sanders, Grant

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Kris Jenkins out for year.

Bob Sanders out for year.

Ryan Grant out 10-12 weeks. (Quick, go get Brandon Jackson off your waiver wire!)

Discuss.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Should probably change the thread title to "Big Name Guys on IR" or something along those lines.

broncofan2438
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I heard Grant is done for the year

Where did you hear that Sanders was also done?

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
It wouldn't post without the "short title" deal.

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
All per ESPN.

Br0nc0Buster
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
too bad for those guys
not surprising with Sanders, he just needs to retire, his body cant handle the NFL
Jenkins may be getting that way
sucks for Grant, but hes not all that good anyways so its not a devastating loss like Jenkins

Mr.Meanie
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Kris Jenkins out for year.

Bob Sanders out for year.

Ryan Grant out 10-12 weeks. (Quick, go get Brandon Jackson off your waiver wire!)

Discuss.

I'm glad they released this info before wednesday. If you're not #1 on your waiver priority you can forget about it.

LRtagger
09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
This news gives me a good idea. The NFL should add more games to the schedule.

Rohirrim
09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
If Sanders is done, that's a pretty short career. Six years. Torn biceps tendon sounds pretty nasty.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm glad they released this info before wednesday. If you're not #1 on your waiver priority you can forget about it.

Waiver priority shouldn't matter here....if he wasn't on a roster going into today, that means he'd be a FA. To be subject to waivers, that would mean that someone had him on their roster this weekend and then chose to drop him after hearing news that he'd become the starter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that such a scenario is not likely. :)

Pontius Pirate
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM

This is why I like the bid system more. Waiver priority is kinda bull****. Blind bids are more strategic and fair.

Mr.Meanie
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Waiver priority shouldn't matter here....if he wasn't on a roster going into today, that means he'd be a FA. To be subject to waivers, that would mean that someone had him on their roster this weekend and then chose to drop him after hearing news that he'd become the starter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that such a scenario is not likely. :)

I believe waiver claims are typically processed on Wednesday, no?

Br0nc0Buster
09-14-2010, 01:11 PM

I think in most yahoo leagues you cant add anyone, even guys on IR until Wednesday
that is how it is in my yahoo league, I cant add anyone including guys like Torry Holt until tomorrow

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I believe waiver claims are typically processed on Wednesday, no?

I'm talking about FA vs waiver pickups.

In every league I've ever been in, if a guy is a FA on Sunday and he has a big day on Sunday...whoever is the fastest on the trigger can sign him on Sunday, Monday, whatever. Or, like in this case, if a backup RB is a FA on Sunday and his starter goes down with a season ending injury on Sunday, the fastest on the trigger can sign him on Sunday, Monday, whatever.

Waiver claims (which typically do get processed on Wednesday) have no bearing on free agency. Those are only for guys who are putting in a claim for a guy that was on someone else's roster over the weekend and then were subsequently dropped from said person's roster.

Man-Goblin
09-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Okay, so if you had a $100 free agent budget for the year, how much would you all spend on Brandon Jackson right out of the gate?

*I'm in an auction league and most of our teams still have 5-7 spots to fill on their roster.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I think in most yahoo leagues you cant add anyone, even guys on IR until Wednesday
that is how it is in my yahoo league, I cant add anyone including guys like Torry Holt until tomorrow

Interesting. See above for my post about the rules I typically have played under.

I've never played in a league where every FA pickup had to go through the waiver process. It's always been first come-first served.

Mr.Meanie
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm talking about FA vs waiver pickups.

In every league I've ever been in, if a guy is a FA on Sunday and he has a big day on Sunday...whoever is the fastest on the trigger can sign him on Sunday, Monday, whatever. Or, like in this case, if a backup RB is a FA on Sunday and his starter goes down with a season ending injury on Sunday, the fastest on the trigger can sign him on Sunday, Monday, whatever.

Waiver claims (which typically do get processed on Wednesday) have no bearing on free agency. Those are only for guys who are putting in a claim for a guy that was on someone else's roster over the weekend and then were subsequently dropped from said person's roster.

Ugh, I hate those rules. There is always that one guy in the league who sits there on his computer all day Sunday cherry-picking the top performers. The waiver priority isn't perfect, but it gives people who watch the games on delay or who actually attend games a chance at the top unknown performers.

Broncoman13
09-14-2010, 01:48 PM

I got him this morning in my big money league... Just got a major bump at RB with him.

Would've done everything to grab him in the OM league but Mediator is too smart not to have that cuff in my conference.

OBF1
09-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Trust me, Jackson in the orangemane league = dog shiat.

In my keeper league, he was already on a roster.

Broncoman13
09-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Trust me, Jackson in the orangemane league = dog shiat.

In my keeper league, he was already on a roster.

How do you figure that? He's a third down back to begin with which means he'll get plenty of catches... who is it exactly that you think is a stud in the OM league?

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I've got #1 waiver priority in both my leagues due to my piss-poor week 1. :(

ro_50
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Bob Sanders is the Greg Oden of the NFL.

To bad, because he is a great player when he's healthy.

RhymesayersDU
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Then he's nothing like Greg Oden.

I mean I see your point, but even on the floor did Oden ever do anything of note?

serious hops
09-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Interesting. See above for my post about the rules I typically have played under.

I've never played in a league where every FA pickup had to go through the waiver process. It's always been first come-first served.

Some leagues allow the commish the option to dump the entire FA group onto waivers immediately after the draft. I run all my leagues on Fleaflicker, and generally set them up that way.

That One Guy
09-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Some leagues allow the commish the option to dump the entire FA group onto waivers immediately after the draft. I run all my leagues on Fleaflicker, and generally set them up that way.

This is how my yahoo league is. After the draft completes, everyone hits the 3 day waiver period. Thereafter, a player is on waiver for 3 days immediately after being cut by someone but otherwise he is just FA available to the first clicker.

I grabbed him in my league and dumped Cribbs. I now have no backup WRs but my RBs kick butt! Maybe I'll find the guy who just lost Grant and try a trade. That probably wouldn't be nice though.

Naggle Nole
09-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Bob Sanders is the Greg Oden of the NFL.

To bad, because he is a great player when he's healthy.

Interesting analogy
The difference is that Bob Sanders has a Super Bowl ring and a Defensive Player of the Year trophy
Greg Oden is only famous for having some nudie pics leaked onto the internetz
:pimp:

cutthemdown
09-15-2010, 07:31 AM
too bad for those guys
not surprising with Sanders, he just needs to retire, his body cant handle the NFL
Jenkins may be getting that way
sucks for Grant, but hes not all that good anyways so its not a devastating loss like Jenkins

He's pretty good and loads more physical then Brandon Jackson. This is a super bowl derailing injury for there offense IMO. They can still go but a serious blow because the Pack isn't deep at RB. How can you say it's not a big loss?