PDA

View Full Version : The Orton INT

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2010, 05:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81a7c2d6/Jaguars-defense-INT

Watching the replay you can see he missed a wide open Jabar to the left of Royal (I think Willis was open too on the right) when he chose to through to Royal in double coverage.

He stared the hell out of Royal before he threw it too.

Anyone else see this?

The MVPlaya
09-14-2010, 05:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81a7c2d6/Jaguars-defense-INT

Watching the replay you can see he missed a wide open Jabar to the left of Royal (I think Willis was open too on the right) when he chose to through to Royal in double coverage.

He stared the hell out of Royal before he threw it too.

Anyone else see this?

Did you also see Kampman running right on his ass as he threw it?

Yes Gaffney opened up and he should have made the play, however that oline was broken all day... must have really felt Kampman coming in.

That's what a good pass rush does for you, forcing QB's to make quick decisions and hopefully makes mistakes like those.

TheChamp24
09-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Yeah, if Orton threw it to Gaffney down the sideline when he threw it to Royal, probably a completion.

TotallyScrewed
09-14-2010, 06:00 AM
It was one of many bad plays. I'm not going to bag on Orton for it. One, it was desperation time with the clock running out (0:53) and the Jags absolutely were ready for the play not the same as at the end of the first half. Two, the oline didn't help enough all day. Three, many events earlier in the game could have made this attempt unnecessary.

If we were watching Cutler make this same play (same situation), I think that MVP (and many others bag heavily on him.

BroncosSR
09-14-2010, 06:13 AM
I've said it since the beginning. Orton picks his receiver before the snap and rarely deviates. It's one of his biggest flaws... there were numerous plays on Monday where Orton missed the ide open receiver...

The MVPlaya
09-14-2010, 06:25 AM
It was one of many bad plays. I'm not going to bag on Orton for it. One, it was desperation time with the clock running out (0:53) and the Jags absolutely were ready for the play not the same as at the end of the first half. Two, the oline didn't help enough all day. Three, many events earlier in the game could have made this attempt unnecessary.

If we were watching Cutler make this same play (same situation), I think that MVP (and many others bag heavily on him.

The problem is, Cutler does it consistently.

The MVPlaya
09-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I've said it since the beginning. Orton picks his receiver before the snap and rarely deviates. It's one of his biggest flaws... there were numerous plays on Monday where Orton missed the ide open receiver...

When Orton has protection, he's able to scan the field. He doesn't lock onto one receiver, watch Jay Cutler even when had the best pass blocking oline in the league in 08. That's locking onto a WR.

When you're getting no time in the pocket, it's really hard to scan the field.

TotallyScrewed
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
See what I mean...it's like they (MVp) can't help themselves.

jhns
09-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Orton doesn't get time because he hasn't learned to step into a pocket. I'm pretty sure it was the first sack that is a great example of this. If he had tacken two steps forward, he would have had 3-5 more seconds as it was wide open field.

As for him doing it less than Cutler. That is a good joke. Cutler threw to the defense once on a third and long. Orton hit multiple defenders in both hands this last game. Cutler was one of the best QBs of the weekend and he really didn't have a line, unlike Orton who is just making the lines job hard.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Orton doesn't get time because he hasn't learned to step into a pocket. I'm pretty sure it was the first sack that is a great example of this. If he had tacken two steps forward, he would have had 3-5 more seconds as it was wide open field.

As for him doing it less than Cutler. That is a good joke. Cutler threw to the defense once on a third and long. Orton hit multiple defenders in both hands this last game. Cutler was one of the best QBs of the weekend and he really didn't have a line, unlike Orton who is just making the lines job hard.

Not when the RT is getting beat. Orton did well Sunday. The defense has to do better as the offense was the most successful unit out there on Sunday.

strafen
09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
When Orton has protection, he's able to scan the field. He doesn't lock onto one receiver, watch Jay Cutler even when had the best pass blocking oline in the league in 08. That's locking onto a WR.

When you're getting no time in the pocket, it's really hard to scan the field.

Dude, not once did I see Orton scanning the field. BS!
He locks onto receivers like a pitbul on a leg.
Instead of defending him, acknowledge the issues this team has.
You're always seem to look for the silver lining on a black cloud.
The point on the Orton INT was that we needed 3 yards, did we not?

chex
09-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Wow, a thread dedicated to the one Orton interception. I guess he's expected to throw 40 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. 17 other QB's threw interceptions too. It happens.

cmhargrove
09-14-2010, 07:08 AM
I think the Buckhalter fumble was a little more concerning to me. Kyle played a pretty good game and certainly wasn't our weak link last Sunday.

As stated before, give Orton time without a D-end breathing down his throat and he will have a tremendous year.

What we really need is one of our running backs to dig a little deeper and bust a few big plays.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:09 AM
The safety, #37, was baiting Orton into looking Gaffney's way and would've likely picked anything other than a comeback route off. And Gaffney was not running a comeback route.

cousinal11
09-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Looked to me like the safety was baiting him into throwing to Gaffney.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 07:14 AM

This is such unbelievable bull****. I mean it's unreal.

Anyone else notice the safety help coming over the top to get to Gaffney? Which would have ended the play in the same way? How about the fact that Orton threw that probably two seconds earlier than it was designed, which is why Royal hadn't made his cut yet. Anyone?

This is why the mane is so funny. "HE PICKS HIS RECEIVER AND THROWS! HE DIDN'T LOOK DOWNFIELD! HIS 8TH OPTION WAS COMING OPEN!" He had no time, fellas. Good grief. The pass he delivered was on the spot, but early. Period. He saw Royal, the man covering him, and thought it had the chance. He didn't see the LB underneath. He made that decision in an 8th of a second. Give the guy some credit.

jhns
09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Not when the RT is getting beat. Orton did well Sunday. The defense has to do better as the offense was the most successful unit out there on Sunday.

I agree the defense needs more work but both units need to improve. It also wasn't all on the RT. At least not on the sack I was talking about. Orton had a wide open pocket and sat 20 feet behind the line so that the tackle had no way of pushing the end around him. Maybe it was only a couple times though. I am planning on watching the game again tonight so I will pay attention to this and see.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Next we're going to hear that Orton's no good because he never takes calculated risks with the ball. With time running down, a blitz in his face, safety help over the top, making a quick decision... he made a calculated risk with the ball. It didn't work out. It doesn't always.

But in that moment, he didn't have time for debate, or to start a poll on the Mane. He needed to get the ball out quickly and give his receiver (who again, I point out, had not made his cut yet) a chance to make a play.

That's what a quarterback is supposed to do.

Steve Sewell
09-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Has anyone ever considered that open receivers are much easier to see from the view of the TV camera?

Nah of course not.

Ray Finkle
09-14-2010, 07:57 AM

I suggest you look at the TD pass then....

at it was more than 3 yards.

LRtagger
09-14-2010, 08:15 AM

No.

We needed 64 yards in 53 seconds.

On a 2nd down and 10 to go.

Where do you get 3 yards?

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
I think the Buckhalter fumble was a little more concerning to me. Kyle played a pretty good game and certainly wasn't our weak link last Sunday.

As stated before, give Orton time without a D-end breathing down his throat and he will have a tremendous year.

What we really need is one of our running backs to dig a little deeper and bust a few big plays.

Buck's entire play was concerning, hoping it's just some rust.

barryr
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Why Orton threw a pick, like no other QB's do this. Heck, Cutler still has fans around here, yet led the league in picks and threw another Sunday. I am more troubled by the o-line than an interception, which many cases is what leads to picks in the first place.

outdoor_miner
09-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Anyone else notice the safety help coming over the top to get to Gaffney? Which would have ended the play in the same way? How about the fact that Orton threw that probably two seconds earlier than it was designed, which is why Royal hadn't made his cut yet. Anyone?

Yes. The safety would have made a play. The interception sucked, and Orton definitey forced it to Royal, but Gaffney was not "wide open".

Spider
09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Next we're going to hear that Orton's no good because he never takes calculated risks with the ball. With time running down, a blitz in his face, safety help over the top, making a quick decision... he made a calculated risk with the ball. It didn't work out. It doesn't always.

But in that moment, he didn't have time for debate, or to start a poll on the Mane. He needed to get the ball out quickly and give his receiver (who again, I point out, had not made his cut yet) a chance to make a play.

That's what a quarterback is supposed to do.
;) half these ****ing morons here watch the ****ing game , dont know what in the hell they are watching , they do know the difference in offense and defense , and know what penalties are , so they are experts on the game ...... Of course on Kyles pick , the Jags lines in in a zone type of defense ( was expecting blitz) , and went to man ........I remember seeing that defense and saying work the seem , they are giving us the middle of the field ....... oh well live and learn ;D

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Considine is sitting on the hash, so Gaffney's not WIDE open.

However, it's Sean Considine, so Gaffney IS wide open.

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM

you just make **** up as you go along dont you ?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Considine is sitting on the hash, so Gaffney's not WIDE open.

However, it's Sean Considine, so Gaffney IS wide open.

I don't care for your points most of the time. But L'd OL on this one.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
This is such unbelievable bull****. I mean it's unreal.

This is why the mane is so funny. "HE PICKS HIS RECEIVER AND THROWS! HE DIDN'T LOOK DOWNFIELD! HIS 8TH OPTION WAS COMING OPEN!" He had no time, fellas. Good grief. The pass he delivered was on the spot, but early. Period. He saw Royal, the man covering him, and thought it had the chance. He didn't see the LB underneath. He made that decision in an 8th of a second. Give the guy some credit.

But you're forgetting it's really easy to see every receiver because all those 6-4, 300-pound offensive and defensive lineman are transparent.

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't care for your points most of the time. But L'd OL on this one.

WR 1 on 1 with safety is a great match up.

WR 1 on 1 with the white Nick Ferguson...

One other thing... with the time on the clock left, Kyle should be making his reads outside in and definitely should've been looking for Gaff before Eddie.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
WR 1 on 1 with safety is a great match up.

WR 1 on 1 with the white Nick Ferguson...

One other thing... with the time on the clock left, Kyle should be making his reads outside in and definitely should've been looking for Gaff before Eddie.

Hmmm, yes and no. Did we not have any TO's left?

Seems like Gaff and Eddie were 1 and 2 on the pass chart. Most likely, as I said above, Orton had to get the ball out or he would have been sacked. Period. The guy came right at him from where he was looking downfield.

Also: Gaff wasn't one on one with a safety. He had beaten his man, and the safety was baiting Orton. He made the right decision, just had to throw it a full second before he wanted to.

KevinJames
09-14-2010, 09:13 AM
He made the right read IMO its either that or get sacked and maybe fumble.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
But you're forgetting it's really easy to see every receiver because all those 6-4, 300-pound offensive and defensive lineman are transparent.

That new rule is really a boon for quarterbacks.

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Hmmm, yes and no. Did we not have any TO's left?

Seems like Gaff and Eddie were 1 and 2 on the pass chart. Most likely, as I said above, Orton had to get the ball out or he would have been sacked. Period. The guy came right at him from where he was looking downfield.

Also: Gaff wasn't one on one with a safety. He had beaten his man, and the safety was baiting Orton. He made the right decision, just had to throw it a full second before he wanted to.

Uhhh... no, he did not "beat his man". Watch the play. The corner steps up to make contact and disrupt the route and then sits on the flat to watch the 5 yard out. The corner on the opposite side is doing the same thing, only he does a better job of getting deeper after he releases his man and sees no one coming.

And having time outs does not preclude working outside in when you have 64 yards to go in under 1 minute...

It was a poor play.

jhns
09-14-2010, 09:26 AM
It was a poor play.

Bull. Orton only makes great plays. Don't you question him. When he throws interceptions, he was making the correct throw!

Also, how dare any of you expect the QB to see his receivers or make reads. They don't have time for that! Plus, they have fat guys in front of them! They just throw blindly down the field!

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Bull. Orton only makes great plays. Don't you question him. When he throws interceptions, he was making the correct throw!

Also, how dare any of you expect the QB to see his receivers or make reads. They don't have time for that! Plus, they have fat guys in front of them! They just throw blindly down the field!

Posters like you make the rest of us look good

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 09:32 AM
redacted

jhns
09-14-2010, 09:40 AM
jhiz, have you played football at any level? or are you just a second-guessing contrarian all the time?

Yes I have. I was much better at hockey though.

Anyways, what does that have to do with what I said? Do I need to play football to know that good QBs are able to make quick decisions? That is why they are paid millions. Do I need to play to know it is a bad throw? No, it ended in an interception. Hopefully he learned something.

jhns
09-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Posters like you make the rest of us look good

It is raider fans like you that make the rest of us hate your **** organization.

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:45 AM
It is raider fans like you that make the rest of us hate your **** organization.
LMAO
........... you sure told me ......... wow ..... I feel told off to ..

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Anyways, what does that have to do with what I said? Do I need to play football to know that good QBs are able to make quick decisions? That is why they are paid millions. Do I need to play to know it is a bad throw? No, it ended in an interception. Hopefully he learned something.

:spit:

kamakazi_kal
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
He's average. Average QB's make mistakes when the game counts ...... that's why their average and not elite.

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:52 AM
He's average. Average QB's make mistakes when the game counts ...... that's why their average and not elite.

so you dont think the coaching n game plan have anything to do with it ?

kamakazi_kal
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
so you dont think the coaching n game plan have anything to do with it ?

No they do. We kind of crapped the bed all the way around. I still think our biggest weakness is the running game .... or lack of one. I'm just saying just take a step back and understand that Orton isn't a bad QB just an average one. He can't carry this team like some elite QB's can.

It's pretty sad that we can't come up with a game plan to beat such one dimensional team ...... MJD ... MJD .... cmon we know where the ball is going 90% of the time.

Spider
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
I can understand why everyone is so shook up over this int , after all the greats never , ever throw a pic in crunch time , the greats always deliver right ??? ....

kamakazi_kal
09-14-2010, 10:00 AM
I can understand why everyone is so shook up over this int , after all the greats never , ever throw a pic in crunch time , the greats always deliver right ??? ....

Everyone's all shook up cause that int cost the game. And no the greats don't always deliver but more often then not they don't miss wide open WR with the game on the line. ...... that's why their called GREATS and try telling me you really think Orton is "Great"

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 10:00 AM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvJtqphaLls?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvJtqphaLls?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Dedhed
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Except that in Cutler's case, he does it 3-4 times/game regardless of the situation or the pressure.

Orton did it once while trailing in the 4th quarter.

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
No they do. We kind of crapped the bed all the way around. I still think our biggest weakness is the running game .... or lack of one. I'm just saying just take a step back and understand that Orton isn't a bad QB just an average one. He can't carry this team like some elite QB's can.

It's pretty sad that we can't come up with a game plan to beat such one dimensional team ...... MJD ... MJD .... cmon we know where the ball is going 90% of the time.

the QB position is the 1 position that needs the biggest supporting cast , from the oline , to the receivers , run game support , and the OC ......... I can only remember 1 elite qb carrying his team to the super bowl , but he didnt win until he got a complete team , lets look t some others .... Montana , he had Craig , Clark , Rice , Aikman had Smith , Johnson , Irvin , Novachek , bradshaw had Franko Harris , Swann ,Stallworth , Jim kelly had Thurman , beebee etc ... although Bills never won the big one ..........

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Everyone's all shook up cause that int cost the game. And no the greats don't always deliver but more often then not they don't miss wide open WR with the game on the line. ...... that's why their called GREATS and try telling me you really think Orton is "Great"

what wide open receiver ? Is orton great ? time will tell ..... but since he has been a Bronco , the boy has done good , other parts of the team has let us down ........

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Orton is not a problem.

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Orton is not a problem.

Correct. Orton is the problem.

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
ortons pic didnt cost us this game , It only killed our last chance , this game was lost cause of undisciplined play ......bottom line .... just like you dont see me blaming Buchalter and his fumble , but back to back personal fouls and 30 yards ....... got to get that under control

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
redacted

I think you mean retracted. Redacted is revised.

Nbd, either way, it's a simple coverage scheme that looks confusing because they're not really squatting in their zones due to the traffic and overall shortness of the play. It's a nickel base cover 2 though. I know that one all too well since I didn't have the speed to play deep reliably on a consistent basis.

chex
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
ortons pic didnt cost us this game , It only killed our last chance , this game was lost cause of undisciplined play ......bottom line .... just like you dont see me blaming Buchalter and his fumble , but back to back personal fouls and 30 yards ....... got to get that under control

Apparently special teams, dumb penalties, and fumbles have no bearing on a game's outcome, at least those in which Kyle Orton is quarterbacking. The team winning or losing boiled down to that one play - nothing else. Uhh

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Apparently special teams, dumb penalties, and fumbles have no bearing on a game's outcome, at least those in which Kyle Orton is quarterbacking. The team winning or losing boiled down to that one play - nothing else. Uhh

:thumbsup: and an elite QB finds away to over come all of that Hilarious!

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM

This one man team argument was started by you and those defending Orton right now. Funny that you think it is a dumb one. What happened to the "Orton is a winner, Cutler is a loser!" crap? Orton sure isn't a winner here.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM

He DID make a quick decision. Where was he supposed to go with the ball?

He could throw deep to gaff, risk a pick from the safety.
Throw to Royal a second early and let Eddie make a play, and risk a pick.
He could take a sack.

Those were the options. He had a defensive end bearing down on him and had to get rid of the ball. There was no "high percentage play," but the best option, the man who would be most likely to be looking for the ball at that time, was Royal.

But whatever, man. You really like living in fantasyland, so do your thing. Nobody's stoppin' ya.

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I think you mean retracted. Redacted is revised.

Nbd, either way, it's a simple coverage scheme that looks confusing because they're not really squatting in their zones due to the traffic and overall shortness of the play. It's a nickel base cover 2 though. I know that one all too well since I didn't have the speed to play deep reliably on a consistent basis.

more then that though , we have no time outs , 60+ yards to go , of course the D is going to guard the sidelines more , give more of a cushion in the middle of the field , it was the right read , but the pass rush took care of that ......

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
This one man team argument was started by you and those defending Orton right now. Funny that you think it is a dumb one. What happened to the "Orton is a winner, Cutler is a loser!" crap? Orton sure isn't a winner here.

you didnt need to post all of that , Chex I am sure already knows your an Idiot .

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
more then that though , we have no time outs , 60+ yards to go , of course the D is going to guard the sidelines more , give more of a cushion in the middle of the field , it was the right read , but the pass rush took care of that ......

...but they weren't guarding the sidelines more....

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
He DID make a quick decision. Where was he supposed to go with the ball?

He could throw deep to gaff, risk a pick from the safety.
Throw to Royal a second early and let Eddie make a play, and risk a pick.
He could take a sack.

Those were the options. He had a defensive end bearing down on him and had to get rid of the ball. There was no "high percentage play," but the best option, the man who would be most likely to be looking for the ball at that time, was Royal.

But whatever, man. You really like living in fantasyland, so do your thing. Nobody's stoppin' ya.

If it is a bad decision to throw to the receivers, a QB is supposed to throw it away or take the sack. I would say that is what he should have done.

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:35 AM
you didnt need to post all of that , Chex I am sure already knows your an Idiot .

Why are you still here? Don't they have a Raiders board?

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
...but they weren't guarding the sidelines more....

sure they was , when I saw that line back drop into coverage , was hoping for a back or a TE to go up the hashmarks , but Protection didnt last long enough ...... But yeah outside the hash marks was better defended

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Why are you still here? Don't they have a Raiders board? why no they dont .......... maybe you can start one , always room for retards at Raider nation ...... Tell em Spider sent ya , they will take care of ya

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
If it is a bad decision to throw to the receivers, a QB is supposed to throw it away or take the sack. I would say that is what he should have done.

With forty seconds left, it's a better idea to take a sack than try and make a play?

You should stick to hockey. You don't know **** about football.

Throw the ball away, okay fine, but at that point is it really worth wasting plays? I'd say no. But I'm no hockey player.

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 10:40 AM
sure they was , when I saw that line back drop into coverage , was hoping for a back or a TE to go up the hashmarks , but Protection didnt last long enough ...... But yeah outside the hash marks was better defended

2 linebackers and the nickel back defending the inside
2 safeties playing deep halves on the hash marks
2 corners playing the outs

You show me how the outside is better defended than the inside.

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:45 AM
2 linebackers and the nickel back defending the inside
2 safeties playing deep halves on the hash marks
2 corners playing the outs

You show me how the outside is better defended than the inside.

no they wasnt , not 10 yards out they wasnt ......... they was playing deep , and they was outside of the hash marks reason was so they can cover that area , the seam was open 10 yards and under

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:49 AM
If we had a threat out of the backfield , to catch the ball we beat that defense and that pressure , but we dont and thats that

Spider
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
see rev , you are thinking the whole enchilada on 1 play , not once did you think short ....we still had plenty of time on the clock ..... have to give up a down for spikes to kill the clock , but 10 yards and under was workable

Popps
09-14-2010, 11:00 AM

When you dig yourself into holes and expect your QB to save you when defenses know it's a pass-only situation, you're usually going do be disappointed.

Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, and he couldn't do it last night, either.

Here's an idea... don't make stupid mistakes and play poor special teams.... and you won't have to rely on your QB to work a miracle at the end of every game for you.

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:00 AM
no they wasnt , not 10 yards out they wasnt ......... they was playing deep , and they was outside of the hash marks reason was so they can cover that area , the seam was open 10 yards and under

It was a cover two. You beat it the same way we did at the end of the first half. Over the CB and under the S on the sideline.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
It was a cover two. You beat it the same way we did at the end of the first half. Over the CB and under the S on the sideline.

not with that pressure orton was getting ....... Unless you think the De will enact the 5 Mississippi rule .......... ya think ? Did that Jagoff DE strike you as a nice guy ?

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm literally speechless.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
When you dig yourself into holes and expect your QB to save you when defenses know it's a pass-only situation, you're usually going do be disappointed.

Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, and he couldn't do it last night, either.

Here's an idea... don't make stupid mistakes and play poor special teams.... and you won't have to rely on your QB to work a miracle at the end of every game for you.

naw .... make those Mistakes , but get an elite QB to save you .........Sincerely your friend Jhns ..... Hilarious!

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm literally speechless.

u should be

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Completely agree... BUT Denver is also a franchise who has relied pretty heavily on that for about 30 years.

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
u should be

Oh I definitely should be. When there's a video in the original post and the coverage is very neatly explained along with their zone locations and someone still doesn't understand it... there's not much else to say.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh I definitely should be. When there's a video in the original post and the coverage is very neatly explained along with their zone locations and someone still doesn't understand it... there's not much else to say.

LOL so you think the pass rush had nothing ot do with this ? the seem was open short and early ........Crazy huh ........

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I didn't read through the thread so excuse me if this has been discussed.

Why the hell did we take three shots down field instead of trying to move the ball in 10-15 yard increments with 48 seconds and a timeout? Was Josh expecting a "OOOHHH GAWD STOKLEY DOwwwN the sideline" kind of play? Either Kyle was not making the proper reads or Josh made some poor play calls.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:10 AM
and I dare say if Orton can hang on to that ball 1 more second , thats a completed pass

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I didn't read through the thread so excuse me if this has been discussed.

Why the hell did we take three shots down field instead of trying to move the ball in 10-15 yard increments with 48 seconds and a timeout? Was Josh expecting a "OOOHHH GAWD STOKLEY DOwwwN the sideline" kind of play? Either Kyle was not making the proper reads or Josh made some poor play calls.

LOL thats not how you beat a cover 2 ..........Singed the ESPN watching Idiots of the mane ;D

jhns
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
naw .... make those Mistakes , but get an elite QB to save you .........Sincerely your friend Jhns ..... Hilarious!

Jhns? When did I say this play cost us the game or anything about elite QBs? I guess that is just how you raider fans argue. Maybe we should invest in some public schools in Oakland.

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
not with that pressure orton was getting ....... Unless you think the De will enact the 5 Mississippi rule .......... ya think ? Did that Jagoff DE strike you as a nice guy ?

The red circle is Gaffney. Orton still has the ball. If he read cover two he should have thrown to the sideline. See those guys in blue covering the hashes? Those are linebackers in underneath coverage.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Jhns? When did I say this play cost us the game or anything about elite QBs? I guess that is just how you raider fans argue. Maybe we should invest in some public schools in Oakland. excuse me if I get the idiot brigade confused ..... you all look alike to me ...my bad Homie

Popps
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Completely agree... BUT Denver is also a franchise who has relied pretty heavily on that for about 30 years.

Sure, having John Elway raises your expectations to unrealistic levels.

But, back to reality... if we cut out the fumbles and dumb mistakes on Sunday, we're tied for first place this week.

If people are looking for Orton to be John Elway, again.. it's just a matter of having expectations that are out of order.

We're a .500 team that is still putting the pieces together, and missing several key pieces. Kyle Orton isn't going to carry this team on his back like Superman.
He can, however... be a viable winning QB if we put elements in place around him. We saw it in the first half of last season until the O-line broke down.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
The red circle is Gaffney. Orton still has the ball. If he read cover two he should have thrown to the sideline. See those guys in blue covering the hashes? Those are linebackers in underneath coverage.

so why didnt we circle the 2 count em 2 Broncos wide open at the 37 yard line ? odd ......oh wait , you are trying to prove a point ............. Hey good Job guy ....... i totally understand now , the 2 guys underneath is just a ploy , they are decoys ........... got it Hilarious! ... next time you want to prove that the underneath isnt open , try to find a better pic ...........

jhns
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
With forty seconds left, it's a better idea to take a sack than try and make a play?

Throw the ball away, okay fine, but at that point is it really worth wasting plays? I'd say no. But I'm no hockey player.

Are you really arguing that throwing a pick was the smart play?

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
and no I dont think Gaff is wide open , I thin Orton is being baited there

Rabb
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM

at first I thought that also...what you don't see there is the safety baiting Orton into that throw

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
so why didnt we circle the 2 count em 2 Broncos wide open at the 37 yard line ? odd ......oh wait , you are trying to prove a point ............. Hey good Job guy ....... i totally understand now , the 2 guys underneath is just a ploy , they are decoys ........... got it Hilarious! ... next time you want to prove that the underneath isnt open , try to find a better pic ...........

The 37 is a one yard gain you retard and there are three guys in blue staring right at them.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
LOL dayum I love this place ....... those 2 guys underneath are more open then Gaff, but in Bizzaro world Gaff is the most open ............

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 11:21 AM
and no I dont think Gaff is wide open , I thin Orton is being baited there

Well to be fair that play should have never happened in the first place because the pass before that hit a defender right in the hands. Lets be honest here people Philip the great had 4 chances on the 6 yard line and couldn't get it done. King Neckbeard didn't want his AFC West brethren to feel inferior.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:21 AM
The 37 is a one yard gain you retard and there are three guys in blue staring right at them.

LMAO . yeah ...... Hilarious!

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Well to be fair that play should have never happened in the first place because the pass before that hit a defender right in the hands. Lets be honest here people Philip the great had 4 chances on the 6 yard line and couldn't get it done. King Neckbeard didn't want his AFC West brethren to feel inferior.

;D ...... i still say Play calling more then Orton

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
at first I thought that also...what you don't see there is the safety baiting Orton into that throw

Eddies running right at that safety. I don't think he would have been able to commit in time. You could be right. Who knows.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM

so Basically what your telling me is , those Line Backers can cover more ground faster , then the Corner and the safety you dont see ............. How is it the NFL missed your genius ? Hilarious!

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM

I wish I could see more, and the play move. If the receiver on the left hash 50 yard line breaks left he's going to be wide open.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
I wish I could see more, and the play move. If the receiver on the left hash 50 yard line breaks left he's going to be wide open.

Hard to say , but the sure thing was throwing underneath that coverage , until you force the Jagoffs to play tight , or you have no choice left to go for it all .....

Hulamau
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Five seconds!?!? Thats an eternity back there, if he buys an extra one to two seconds tops thats more than enough. Kyle was caught thinking a bit too much on two of the sacks but he got little help from Beadles on both of those.

He did slide forward on a few good plays continuing a trend from the preseason that has given him more time to check down and complete passes. Lets hope its a trend that continues with better Oline play as Harris returns and Beadles gets more experience.

Steve Sewell
09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Look at it this way.

If Beadles hadn't gotten burned by Kampman so badly, Orton could have pump faked to Eddie to get the safety to bite, and had Gaffney wide open down the sideline.

Pressure forced that throw, nothing more, nothing less.

Also, Kyle Orton is the LEAST of the Broncos worries by a long shot. They need to get healthy on the o-line and clean up the stupid penalties and mental errors. Some of you guys are focusing your attention on an area that doesn't need it.

That is, of course, unless you are trolling or trying to advance a forum agenda (i.e. Rev/Tebow, Dr. Broncenstein/"I know more than Clady's doctors"). I see some that are in this thread for those reasons, as expected.

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
First image.
Just as Orton throws the pass Gaffney is at our 47.
The safety is at the their 37.

LRtagger
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
It looked to me like Orton just didn't see the Linebacker dropping into coverage. He saw the slot corner follow Royal and saw the safety over the top. He waited until the CB dropped to his spot in the zone and Royal was over the top of the corner and underneath the safety to throw the ball. I dont think he was expecting a linebacker to be that deep in coverage on Royal especially with Graham and Buckhalter running underneath routes.

It was a mistake on his part, but it was HARDLY the reason we lost the game. We shouldnt have even been in a position to have to drive for a TD in the final minute.

The good news is he can watch that film and learn from the mistake.

strafen
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
you just make **** up as you go along dont you ?
Why don't you go back and watch the tape then, and tell me later if I was making **** up?
How's that?

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Why don't you go back and watch the tape then, and tell me later if I was making **** up?
How's that?

on my way ............ Hilarious!

bronco militia
09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=strafen;2933101]Dude, not once did I see Orton scanning the field. BS!
QUOTE]

I concur

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
First image.
Just as Orton throws the pass Gaffney is at our 47.
The safety is at the their 37.

It looks like he needed to lead Eddie a little bit more. Yea Eddie would have gotten his head knocked off but at least he wouldn't have gotten picked off.

Spider
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
so how do those pics prove the underneath wasnt open ? Hilarious! ..........

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM

So it's better to throw underneath for a one yard gain(and not get out of bounds) then to throw to a guy thats open by 15 yards down the field( on the sidline)?

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM

To be fair brother there was nothing underneath. First of all they had the sidelines covered so there is no way to get out of bounds, and with the coverage with their linebackers your asking for 5 yards at best with the clock still moving. If Orton could give a nice shoulder fake when he realizes that Zane is on the ground again he could draw the linebackers up and hit Royal. I think that might be asking to much. We can break this down all we want the point of the matter is we should have never been in this situation.

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
So it's better to throw underneath for a one yard gain(and not get out of bounds) then to throw to a guy thats open by 15 yards down the field( on the sidline)?

how do you know it is only for a yard ? .secondly better chance of the pass not being a turnover , you live for another play , I dont have pictures , no red circles , but things wasnt so cut and dry until Orton slide in the pocket and committed ....... But the underneath stuff was 4-5 yards from the LOS .. So you may need to work on the math skills ......... So I ask again , you interjected in me and Revs discussion about how the underneath wasnt open , How does your pictures prove the underneath wasnt open ? .......

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:03 PM
To be fair brother there was nothing underneath. First of all they had the sidelines covered so there is no way to get out of bounds, and with the coverage with their linebackers your asking for 5 yards at best with the clock still moving. If Orton could give a nice shoulder fake when he realizes that Zane is on the ground again he could draw the linebackers up and hit Royal. I think that might be asking to much. We can break this down all we want the point of the matter is we should have never been in this situation.

my point is , 5 or 6 yards , and you live for another down , another chance ....... I am not saying we win the game , all I am saying is there were other options then throwing a pic .......

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM

not according to Rev , the sidelines were wide open ;D . I clearly stated , the outsides were covered , the seams were ..... the pas s rush is what caused the pic , not the coverage .......so to beat the pass rush , u go short ......

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
my point is , 5 or 6 yards , and you live for another down , another chance ....... I am not saying we win the game , all I am saying is there were other options then throwing a pic .......

Your right we do live for another down but I think this was third down was it not. So we are forced to use our last time out and we have to go 60 yards in 35 seconds with no time outs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Are you really arguing that throwing a pick was the smart play?

Christ, you are truly retarded.

That's not the argument at all. I'm saying of all the low-percentage options Orton had, he picked the one that had the best chance of a good outcome.

If they keep that blitzer from coming in off the edge, Orton holds on for another second, and Eddie has a first down. Period.

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Your right we do live for another down but I think this was third down was it not. So we are forced to use our last time out and we have to go 60 yards in 35 seconds with no time outs.

well we was in 2 down territory , I would like to think we had 2 plays called ..... but best case scenario the receiver breaks a tackle gets out of bounds , worst case , we get 6 yards line up quick hit quick or hope for a penalty .. either one is better then turning it over being baited ... ;D

Champagne Powder
09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow, a thread dedicated to the one Orton interception. I guess he's expected to throw 40 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. 17 other QB's threw interceptions too. It happens.

Considering the situation, it wasn't just any interception. The team needed a touchdown drive there. This wasn't a desperate lob on 4th down either. It was 2nd down and the team still had time to work with and a timeout at their disposal.

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
not according to Rev , the sidelines were wide open ;D . I clearly stated , the outsides were covered , the seams were ..... the pas s rush is what caused the pic , not the coverage .......so to beat the pass rush , u go short ......

Well Rev is right on par with what Josh was thinking calling this play because we have two guys wide open underneath as safety valves if the deep routes are covered. I think Orton made the right choice trying to make the play downfield because neither of those guys are going to get us either A. A first down or B. Out of bounds. They have a cloud coverage with their linebackers about 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. They have Man on the outside receivers, and I really can't see what's going on with the safeties.

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 12:14 PM

It was 2nd down. Your point still is valid, even if the only throw is underneath(which is clearly not the case).

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Well Rev is right on par with what Josh was thinking calling this play because we have two guys wide open underneath as safety valves if the deep routes are covered. I think Orton made the right choice trying to make the play downfield because neither of those guys are going to get us either A. A first down or B. Out of bounds. They have a cloud coverage with their linebackers about 7 yards off the line of scrimmage. They have Man on the outside receivers, and I really can't see what's going on with the safeties.

;D well it is neither here or there now , Hindsight is 20/20 , I been talking about the game plan and play calling all week .....but you are right , thats why I said go short ........ someone on this thread mentioned Orton didnt expect the line backer to drop that deep , I agree with him ...... but without that pass rush , orton does complete that pass , and this entire argument is moot ;D

Lev Vyvanse
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM

They have deep halves.

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
;D well it is neither here or there now , Hindsight is 20/20 , I been talking about the game plan and play calling all week .....but you are right , thats why I said go short ........ someone on this thread mentioned Orton didnt expect the line backer to drop that deep , I agree with him ...... but without that pass rush , orton does complete that pass , and this entire argument is moot ;D

I can't argue there if Orton has a few more seconds to let that play develop Eddie outruns the coverage. The story of this game is Zane getting used by Aaron Kampman.

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 12:19 PM
They have deep halves.

Hell of a Defensive play call :thumbsup:

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I can't argue there if Orton has a few more seconds to let that play develop Eddie outruns the coverage. The story of this game is Zane getting used by Aaron Kampman.

;D now on to bigger things ......... Defense and special teams ...... uggggg I dont even know where to begin

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
;D now on to bigger things ......... Defense and special teams ...... uggggg I dont even know where to begin

Were have slow Linebackers and our Safeties are starting show their age. I brought this up in my what went wrong thread. We don't have enough speed at the linebacker position to contain running backs taking it to the edge. I thought the purpose of beefing up the front was to grant you the flexibility of utilizing faster/smaller inside backers. Mario Hagan was incredibly disappointing in coverage and making the right reads on running plays. There were a few times where Hunter got great penetration and forced MJD inside where there should have been a linbacker...but no one was there. We need to play more disciplined.

Wink also needs to get his freaking act together. If you are going to be the heir apparent for the DC position following a guy who is known around the league as a 3-4 guru you better be ready to come out and make the right calls. It seems to me like he got gun shy with his blitzs as the game progressed. There are two reasons for this... We can't keep contain, and we weren't getting consistent pressure. A blitz is only effective if you can stop a play from being effective, and I guess Wink decided it would be better to play things safe. I have a sick feeling this defense is really going to miss Mike Nolan. If you don't believe me watch the Dolphins game.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I have a sick feeling this defense is really going to miss Mike Nolan. If you don't believe me watch the Dolphins game.

Quite a few DCs are going to be padding their resumes against the Bills this year.

TheReverend
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM

They do NOT have man coverage on the outside receivers and the safeties are playing deep halves. Sean Considine is not the athlete it takes it to get to the sideline and make a play on the ball when the corner gave Gaffney an outside release instead of funneling him inside like he should've. It's a base cover 2 from the nickel ffs.

jhns
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Let's see here. This is your response to me saying there were better options, like throwing it away or taking the sack.

Then when I laugh about you saying a pick was the best option, you come with this:

Christ, you are truly retarded.

That's not the argument at all. I'm saying of all the low-percentage options Orton had, he picked the one that had the best chance of a good outcome.

So you aren't saying there weren't better options but you do say throwing it away or taking sacks aren't better. What is the better option Moose? Taking a knee? Since when is the "best chance of a good outcome" throwing into coverage? Throwing it away seems like a much better outcome than the one we got. You stop the clock and still have a chance. Dumping it off could have worked as well. Neither of these are low percentage plays.

It was a poor decision. Period. I don't get why you are arguing with my posts if you agree that it was a poor decision. If you don't agree, I would love to hear what the better decision would have been.

If they keep that blitzer from coming in off the edge, Orton holds on for another second, and Eddie has a first down. Period.

If Orton could run a 4.3 40, he could have just run for the TD. The if game is fun.

I like that you constantly talk **** and call people retarded as you come with some of the dumbest arguments I have ever seen.

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
It was a missed opportunity, that's for sure. Royal said after the game the read was for him to be open, and they were going for the score quick on the long ball.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Let's see here. This is your response to me saying there were better options, like throwing it away or taking the sack.

Then when I laugh about you saying a pick was the best option, you come with this:

So you aren't saying there weren't better options but you do say throwing it away or taking sacks aren't better. What is the better option Moose? Taking a knee? Since when is the "best chance of a good outcome" throwing into coverage? Throwing it away seems like a much better outcome than the one we got. You stop the clock and still have a chance. Dumping it off could have worked as well. Neither of these are low percentage plays.

It was a poor decision. Period. I don't get why you are arguing with my posts if you agree that it was a poor decision. If you don't agree, I would love to hear what the better decision would have been.

If Orton could run a 4.3 40, he could have just run for the TD. The if game is fun.

I like that you constantly talk **** and call people retarded as you come with some of the dumbest arguments I have ever seen.

The fact that you're unable to decipher an actual argument is what's funny to me.

There was no "good" option. There were bad options, and slightly better options. Orton's choice in this situation, given the time he had and what he had to work with, was the better option.

That's not saying that "throwing an interception is the best play to make." Only a ****ing retarded ****head from butt**** nebraska would think that.

Here's your problem jizzbreath: there's no gray area in any of your arguments. I've asked you time and again to give us a better option for Orton in that situation. You said he should take the sack or throw the ball away. With forty seconds left. Down by a touchdown. On second down. He should take a SACK?

You. Are. Retarded.

I hope that was simple enough for you.

jhns
09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
You said he should take the sack or throw the ball away. With forty seconds left. Down by a touchdown. On second down. He should take a SACK?

You. Are. Retarded.

Again. You are right. Throwing a pick really helped. It was much better than giving the team a chance.

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
The fact that you're unable to decipher an actual argument is what's funny to me.

There was no "good" option. There were bad options, and slightly better options. Orton's choice in this situation, given the time he had and what he had to work with, was the better option. Tis is true .....

That's not saying that "throwing an interception is the best play to make." Only a ****ing retarded ****head from butt**** nebraska would think that.

Here's your problem jizzbreath: there's no gray area in any of your arguments. I've asked you time and again to give us a better option for Orton in that situation. You said he should take the sack or throw the ball away. With forty seconds left. Down by a touchdown. On second down. He should take a SACK?

You. Are. Retarded.

I hope that was simple enough for you.
well it is jhns ...... just saying ;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Again. You are right. Throwing a pick really helped. It was much better than giving the team a chance.

There isn't even a word for this type of stupid. It is impossible to quantify just how stupid you've become.

What kind of chance does the team have if Orton takes a sack there?

Did you think the Jagwads would just lay down? It's a passing situation. They had all their men back. The further we are from the end zone -- which is what a sack would result in -- the better it is for their defense. Do you see how that works?

Do we need to draw some blue lines on the field so you better understand things, hockeyboy?

Maybe you got brained with a puck a few too many times. Or maybe you were dropped on your head as a child. Or perhaps your parents are both rednecks from the sticks, and you're the result of siblings ****ing each other. Either way, you're not very bright.

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
I can see how some people are a little pissed off or disappointed about the loss. Denver could have gone for the FG with 4:47 remaining and two timeouts. Then hope for a fast stop and a TD to win. It was a tough call on the field, on the road with 4:47 remaining.

I don't think any of the players are questioning the calls, players usually like aggressive playcalling.

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
They do NOT have man coverage on the outside receivers and the safeties are playing deep halves. Sean Considine is not the athlete it takes it to get to the sideline and make a play on the ball when the corner gave Gaffney an outside release instead of funneling him inside like he should've. It's a base cover 2 from the nickel ffs.

Good call.

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Quite a few DCs are going to be padding their resumes against the Bills this year.

Don't underestimate the power of Mike Nolan. ;)

When you play sub .500 teams you are supposed to beat them like sub .500 teams. Now the Dolphins Offense didn't much to help their cause but Mikes D held the bills to 150 yards of total offense. Thats good any way you cut it. If you take off the Roscoe Parrish TD (A blown coverage by the nickel corner) your talking about the Bills finishing the game with barely 100 yards in total offense.

jhns
09-14-2010, 01:05 PM
There isn't even a word for this type of stupid. It is impossible to quantify just how stupid you've become.

What kind of chance does the team have if Orton takes a sack there?

Did you think the Jagwads would just lay down? It's a passing situation. They had all their men back. The further we are from the end zone -- which is what a sack would result in -- the better it is for their defense. Do you see how that works?

Do we need to draw some blue lines on the field so you better understand things, hockeyboy?

Maybe you got brained with a puck a few too many times. Or maybe you were dropped on your head as a child. Or perhaps your parents are both rednecks from the sticks, and you're the result of siblings ****ing each other. Either way, you're not very bright.

So what you are saying is we have less of a chance from 5 yards further away than we do if the other team has the ball? Good stuff. This is also with the throwing it away option just being tossed out the window.