PDA

View Full Version : Its a new day and we have KC to thank

easymobee
09-14-2010, 01:45 AM
The Broncos are as good as back to 0-0 again. Unless you are of the opinion that the Chiefs actually stand a chance in the division (they don't).

Despite the preseason predictions, the Raiders still suck as evidenced on Sunday and the Chargers are 0-1 just like the Broncos. Except their 0-1 is even worse, because it is a division loss and it was most definitely one of their "gimmes" and it just got crossed off the list.

KC has a few good players, but their QB is awful. 10 for 22 and 68 Yards and a 1yd TD pass. Yeah the weather sucked, but that didn't stop from Phillip Rivers from throwing for 300 yards in the same exact weather conditions. The Chiefs got a great Punt Return and real short field on a turnover, but that WILL NOT happen every week. Meanwhile their QB threw for 68 yards, which would be about what Kyle Orton managed in the last 1 minute of the first half vs Jacksonville on Sunday.

Think about it, Sanchez and Cassell combined for about 140 yds on Monday night, journeyman wideout Brandon Lloyd caught 115 yards of passes from Orton on Sunday afternoon.

Chiefs are a non-factor in the division. Great win for a great group of fans and thats great, but their QB is our generations version of Craig Whelian and although im sure he was a great High School QB, he's not cutting it in the NFL.

The Raiders are the Raiders and they stilllllllllll suck, Jason Campbell be damned.

The Chargers are 0-1 and obviously missing Vincent Jackson and Marcus Mcneil. We lost Marshall (comparison to Jackson) but replaced him with Thomas and Decker, SD replaced VJ with Crayton and the promotion of NeeNee (sp?). Now imagine losing Clady (Mcneil comparison) and doing really nothing to replace him, thats what the Chargers situation is right now.

SD is 0-1 and not the same team that could start 1-3 and reel off 12 in a row, they still have the QB and that is big, but its just not the same.

Ryan Matthews looked decent stats wise, but he lost a huge fumble early and caused a big fumble late. The latter fumble got him yanked from the game for the duration and this shows he still has a few kinks to work out. Despite early reports, he IS NOT Jamal Lewis circa 2001. Don't but the hype just yet.

Broncos get a fresh start starting next week and really were really right there with KC for most impressive AFC West team this weekend. KC got some great Special Teams play and pretty good D play, but still have a huge problem on Offense with their crappy QB and the lack of faith that Weis and Co. have in him.

Think of this, Charles 59 yd run was more than 25% of the Chiefs total Offense (59 vs 198) and their punter lined up at least 11 times if not a twelfth time. KC would actually be a MUCH better team with Tyler Thigpen at QB ( I'd mention Croyle there, but he cannot stay upright ).

Season starts over on Sunday and Cassell is on pace to pass for 1080 yards this year. Funny note, Josh Looney had on a local correspondent from KC tonight and he was fired up about the win (season ticket holder since a kid etc...) but also he had to readily admit that Cassell was gonna be a huge problem irregardless of tonight's game. I guess that Cassell patted himself on the back tonight, that he played "fine" because he didn't turn it over. He graded himself out as having had a good game to the national press ( can't believe the dude is aspiring to be Trent Dilfer) ...... no need to worry Bronco fans.

Good fans in KC, im happy for them tonight and happy for what their team did to soften the blow of an opening week loss.

FireFly
09-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Well... we're not 0-0 but it is a nice way to look at things! :thumbsup:

Taco John
09-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Great post easy! For as miserable as I felt about losing to Jacksonville in the season opener (plus losing to Jacksonville will always come with laced with a certain bitter edge to me), KC beating San Diego was a pretty nice tonic. Plus, Phillip Rivers tantrum gave me a good opportunity to teach my kid about poor sports and how bad kids act when things don't go their way. We both put in a good laugh at Phillip's expense for acting like such a child and my young blood called him "a baby who poops his pants." Which led to a call for "high five."

I had a difficult time explaining which team were the "good guys" and the "bad guys." The concept of divisional rivals is lost on a four year old.

SlipperyPete
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
KC has a few good players, but their QB is awful. 10 for 22 and 68 Yards and a 1yd TD pass. Yeah the weather sucked, but that didn't stop from Phillip Rivers from throwing for 300 yards in the same exact weather conditions.

Rivers was horrible in the rain. He couldn't hit a six yard pass to save his own life. His stats were just as poor as Cassel's while it was coming down heavy. At halftime, he was something like 8 for 17 for 70-some yards, all but a handful of which came before the rain started.

The difference is that when the rain let up, the Chiefs were sitting on the ball while the Chargers had to keep throwing to overcome a 14 point hole. So Rivers got to fatten his stats.

Cassel is no great shakes, but comparing his and Rivers' numbers is not an accurate assessment in the least.

watermock
09-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Great post easy! For as miserable as I felt about losing to Jacksonville in the season opener (plus losing to Jacksonville will always come with laced with a certain bitter edge to me), KC beating San Diego was a pretty nice tonic. Plus, Phillip Rivers tantrum gave me a good opportunity to teach my kid about poor sports and how bad kids act when things don't go their way. We both put in a good laugh at Phillip's expense for acting like such a child and my young blood called him "a baby who poops his pants." Which led to a call for "high five."

I had a difficult time explaining which team were the "good guys" and the "bad guys." The concept of divisional rivals is lost on a four year old.

eh, tell her the Broncos suck.

watermock
09-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Easy there Taco, Seattle might kick our ass.

Bronco Rob
09-14-2010, 03:58 AM
the broncos are as good as back to 0-0 again. unless you are of the opinion that the chiefs actually stand a chance in the division (they don't).

rofl!

Despite the preseason predictions, the raiders still suck as evidenced on sunday and the chargers are 0-1 just like the broncos. Except their 0-1 is even worse, because it is a division loss and it was most definitely one of their "gimmes" and it just got crossed off the list.

Kc has a few good players, but their qb is awful. 10 for 22 and 68 yards and a 1yd td pass. Yeah the weather sucked, but that didn't stop from phillip rivers from throwing for 300 yards in the same exact weather conditions. The chiefs got a great punt return and real short field on a turnover, but that will not happen every week. Meanwhile their qb threw for 68 yards, which would be about what kyle orton managed in the last 1 minute of the first half vs jacksonville on sunday.

Think about it, sanchez and cassell combined for about 140 yds on monday night, journeyman wideout brandon lloyd caught 115 yards of passes from orton on sunday afternoon.

Chiefs are a non-factor in the division. Great win for a great group of fans and thats great, but their qb is our generations version of craig whelian and although im sure he was a great high school qb, he's not cutting it in the nfl.

The raiders are the raiders and they stilllllllllll suck, jason campbell be damned.

The chargers are 0-1 and obviously missing vincent jackson and marcus mcneil. We lost marshall (comparison to jackson) but replaced him with thomas and decker, sd replaced vj with crayton and the promotion of neenee (sp?). Now imagine losing clady (mcneil comparison) and doing really nothing to replace him, thats what the chargers situation is right now.

Sd is 0-1 and not the same team that could start 1-3 and reel off 12 in a row, they still have the qb and that is big, but its just not the same.

Ryan matthews looked decent stats wise, but he lost a huge fumble early and caused a big fumble late. The latter fumble got him yanked from the game for the duration and this shows he still has a few kinks to work out. Despite early reports, he is not jamal lewis circa 2001. Don't but the hype just yet.

Broncos get a fresh start starting next week and really were really right there with kc for most impressive afc west team this weekend. Kc got some great special teams play and pretty good d play, but still have a huge problem on offense with their crappy qb and the lack of faith that weis and co. Have in him.

Think of this, charles 59 yd run was more than 25% of the chiefs total offense (59 vs 198) and their punter lined up at least 11 times if not a twelfth time. Kc would actually be a much better team with tyler thigpen at qb ( i'd mention croyle there, but he cannot stay upright ).

Season starts over on sunday and cassell is on pace to pass for 1080 yards this year. Funny note, josh looney had on a local correspondent from kc tonight and he was fired up about the win (season ticket holder since a kid etc...) but also he had to readily admit that cassell was gonna be a huge problem irregardless of tonight's game. I guess that cassell patted himself on the back tonight, that he played "fine" because he didn't turn it over. He graded himself out as having had a good game to the national press ( can't believe the dude is aspiring to be trent dilfer) ...... No need to worry bronco fans.

Good fans in kc, im happy for them tonight and happy for what their team did to soften the blow of an opening week loss.

8')

Bronco Yoda
09-14-2010, 04:17 AM
It was great watching Rivers get spanked. I agree Easy. This reset the division race.

Jetmeck
09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
The only thing worrying me about KC is their return game.

crush17
09-14-2010, 08:11 AM
McCluster is friggin fast.

Tom A Hawk
09-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Well Easy, that is one way to look at it.
Most KC fans are optimistic of an 8-8 season at best. We still have too many pieces missing to be more optimistic than that.
Gaudy numbers don't always win...see SD and Denver loss week one.

these comments of yours "Broncos get a fresh start starting next week and really were really right there with kc for most impressive afc west team this weekend. Kc got some great special teams play and pretty good d play, but still have a huge problem on offense with their crappy qb and the lack of faith that weis and co. Have in him.

Think of this, charles 59 yd run was more than 25% of the chiefs total offense (59 vs 198) and their punter lined up at least 11 times if not a twelfth time. Kc would actually be a much better team with tyler thigpen at qb ( i'd mention croyle there, but he cannot stay upright )." are pretty accurate.

All of this stuff creates a little more excitement for the Bronco/Chiefs rivalry.

Pony Boy
09-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Rivers was horrible in the rain. He couldn't hit a six yard pass to save his own life. His stats were just as poor as Cassel's while it was coming down heavy. At halftime, he was something like 8 for 17 for 70-some yards, all but a handful of which came before the rain started.

The difference is that when the rain let up, the Chiefs were sitting on the ball while the Chargers had to keep throwing to overcome a 14 point hole. So Rivers got to fatten his stats.

Cassel is no great shakes, but comparing his and Rivers' numbers is not an accurate assessment in the least.

Humm .........cloud seeding......might be worth a try