PDA

View Full Version : KC Leads the West!!!

crazyhorse
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Thought I'd do a little bragging while I still have the chance.

I dont expect to hold it for long. But it feels good to get a win against a div. opponent.

How about the return game of the Chiefs? WOW! Electric. Rookies showing up all night. Something to look forward to.

Best of luck to you guys next week. Your O looked better than I thought it would. Defense? Hmm.

Hard to know what we will wind up with once the rust is shaken off. Hopefully we will be competetive as always with each other.

Pick Six
09-13-2010, 11:43 PM
The rooks looked good, I'd have to admit...

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Rookies showing up all night.

Ok I'm gonna rain on your parade.

Berry looked like dog **** out there rofl

strafen
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
That was an electric football game.
That was old school from beginning to end.
They both played lights out and fast. I like that kind of games...

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
The rooks looked good, I'd have to admit...

Not thrilled with the prospect of the Chiefs formationing McCluster onto Haggan, eh?

The MVPlaya
09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Eric Berry gave up both TD's...yeah the only TDs in the game by the Chargers.

crazyhorse
09-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Ok I'm gonna rain on your parade.

Berry looked like dog **** out there rofl

He made a couple mistakes. But over all he did alright. They went after him a bit. They lost the game doing it.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Not thrilled with the prospect of the Chiefs formationing McCluster onto Haggan, eh?

I wouldn't be thrilled with them matching up McCluster with any player on any team.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 11:49 PM
He made a couple mistakes. But over all he did alright. They went after him a bit. They lost the game doing it.

He's a bust admit it.

crazyhorse
09-13-2010, 11:50 PM
He's a bust admit it.

Okay.

Him and Dorsey

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't be thrilled with them matching up McCluster with any player on any team.

Yeah, it will be difficult for us to figure out a good way to mask some of these issues. Hopefully Wink will put together a good plan. In reality, it's going to have to involve tons of all out blitzing, otherwise forget it.

Kaylore
09-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Congrats to the Chiefs on leading the division. Personally, I'm open to anyone not the Chargers winning it for a change.

Ok, except the Raiders.

TheReverend
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Congratulations. Hope it doesn't last, but it was earned today.

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 11:59 PM
I know we love to downplay the big wins of our divisional opponents, but the Chiefs did some good things out there and they have some promising young players. Like the Broncos (and probably the Chargers without Jackson and McNeill), they are part of a huge bunch of teams in the middle of the league that could go 6-10 or 10-6 depending on how a couple things here and there turn out....but there's something to be said for taking advantage of their oppurtunity on the big stage and playing very inspired football for their fans. They are getting better.

theAPAOps5
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Defense looks much improved, congrats on a good win!

Kaylore
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I was impressed by their corner Carr. And the two fatty LSU linemen showed up. Hope TJ is ok, too. Arenas and McCluster are going to be the new Dante Halls for awhile. Also that Tongan tight end made some great plays. He's their best receiver.

I will say Brandon Albert sucks at run-blocking. Like freaking sucks terribly. One on one against outside linebackers the dude couldn't block for crap. He's a very average left tackle.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM

I dont expect to hold it for long. But it feels good to get a win against a div. opponent.

How about the return game of the Chiefs? WOW! Electric. Rookies showing up all night. Something to look forward to.

Best of luck to you guys next week. Your O looked better than I thought it would. Defense? Hmm.

Hard to know what we will wind up with once the rust is shaken off. Hopefully we will be competetive as always with each other.

well someone has to take the west hell as long as it aint the raiders id perfer denver but well atm we dont deserve the no 1 spot

SoCalBronco
09-14-2010, 12:07 AM
I will say Brandon Albert sucks at run-blocking. Like freaking sucks terribly. One on one against outside linebackers the dude couldn't block for crap. He's a very average left tackle.

It's as we've been saying for awhile now.....he'll make a fine guard in this league. :)

Requiem
09-14-2010, 12:09 AM
I cried and pissed blood when the Chiefs took Dexter. Last team I wanted to see him on.

ZONA
09-14-2010, 01:17 AM
You gotta love 1 game leads with 15 more to go threads :spit:

BroncoMatt
09-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I said it to a raider fan of mine, nothing would please me more than for the whales vagina to go back into it's hole where it belongs. I want the Denver, Choakland, Kansas ****ty triangle of hate to regain it's prominence. We have a 60 year tradition of f'ing each other over. Thats real.

HAT
09-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Wow....A home team won in the NFL? Imagine that.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Congrats, you played the most complete game of the division in week one! Plus, you made Rivers Cry multiple times and that is certainly worth watching and watching him LOSE!

Kaylore
09-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Congrats, you played the most complete game of the division in week one! Plus, you made Rivers Cry multiple times and that is certainly worth watching and watching him LOSE!

I laughed when he kicked the ball. He looked ten years old.

SoDak Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:38 AM
berry tackled like ****

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
I laughed when he kicked the ball. He looked ten years old.

Yeah, he is 10 years old on the field :notworthy

I love it when things do not go his way, he is a terrible loser. He just has not lost enough. But, I sure hope he has a lot more of that coming his way!

bendog
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Not to be pissy, and a win is a win, and the defense really did look better, but SD pulled a Norv. But a home team is supposed to win games like this. And I love seeing McCluster do well. He's a nice young man.

CEH
09-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Denver did the same thing last year rolling into SD and beating the Chargers with ST and a stout D. Then SD woke up and steamrolled the division and us at home

A good win by KC but because of the new offense/defenses in OAK and KC I think they need to take advantage of the first couple weeks until the NFL figures out what is what and the cream rises to the top

Cassell and the offense did crap.

I'd take Charles over Knowshown and McCluster is nice but for us we needed to spend our 2nd round picks to build up the lines. The shifty speciality backs can come later.

Rivers is still the only QB in the division that has done it consistently in the
4th qtr and almost did it again last night. KC needed one drive to put the game away in the 2nd half and managed squat. Even a FG ices that game

I apprieciate the win by KC as it helps the division fight the beast but
I still see SD as the best team in the AFCW

Smiling Assassin27
09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
the chiefs have 3 young players that are electric. arenas, mcclusterfark, and charles are capable of scoring from any spot on the field on EVERY touch. a team with slow to medium LB's *ahem* could get their arses handed to 'em playing this chiefs team.

thankfully, they have no serious wr threats but they do have enough to keep defenses honest. the weak link is the OL. if teams with slow to medium LB's *ahem again* can't get to the qb, it spells trouble v this chiefs team.

props on a nice win and for smacking little philip.

Spider
09-14-2010, 08:38 AM

hi bro ......... after last night ........ could very well be a 6 week ride at least ... .good looking set of rookies to boot Cornell or how ever the hell is named is spelled and Charlie wiess ( same thing , dont care to know how it is spelled) dialed in a good game ......

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 08:46 AM
hi bro ......... after last night ........ could very well be a 6 week ride at least ... .good looking set of rookies to boot Cornell or how ever the hell is named is spelled and Charlie wiess ( same thing , dont care to know how it is spelled) dialed in a good game ......

Actually, I thought Weiss was his same usual pathetic scheme self. It was Crennel and the ST's that made KC look impressive last night. That and the SD defense is not that good either yet they made KC look poor.....

Tom A Hawk
09-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Actually, I thought Weiss was his same usual pathetic scheme self. It was Crennel and the ST's that made KC look impressive last night. That and the SD defense is not that good either yet they made KC look poor.....

Weiss is hamstrung by Cassel. A 14 point lead and pouring rain says play it conservative and don't let Cassel piss this away...and they did...almost too much. I am waiting for KC to get a QB, that will be nice.

Spider
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM

matter of interpretation I guess , I like 3 yards could of Dust hard hitting defense ......... ;D

Rohirrim
09-14-2010, 08:58 AM
When Jackson isn't in there, you can double team Gates. It works.

I agree, it was nice to see Phyllis whining like the little biatch he is.

Spider
09-14-2010, 08:59 AM
as a Bronco fan I was very happy to see the Chiefs punt alot , But giving the conditions last night , did a good job with what he had , though I dont think Cassel is that bad of a qb , I think the KC receivers are bad though .........

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Weiss is hamstrung by Cassel. A 14 point lead and pouring rain says play it conservative and don't let Cassel piss this away...and they did...almost too much. I am waiting for KC to get a QB, that will be nice.

They were lucky that SD was their normal awful starting selves. The playcalling was atrocius by the Chiefs in the second half. I was laughing really hard as Trent Dilfer was making the analogy to his career. He was practically begging Crennel to allow a couple of Play action passes on early downs in order to keep SD honest against the run and allow cassel to get some rythm to the passing game. He owes Crennel a six pack for that disaster of a gameplan and playcalling :welcome:

Los Broncos
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Best part of the game, watching him cry like a b****.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/14/1687939/philip-rivers-video-chargers-vs-chiefs-kick-ball

vancejohnson82
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
you think Jackson will get paid now???

Mountain Bronco
09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
They were lucky that SD was their normal awful starting selves. The playcalling was atrocius by the Chiefs in the second half. I was laughing really hard as Trent Dilfer was making the analogy to his career. He was practically begging Crennel to allow a couple of Play action passes on early downs in order to keep SD honest against the run and allow cassel to get some rythm to the passing game. He owes Crennel a six pack for that disaster of a gameplan and playcalling :welcome:

Crennel is the D Cordinator. Wiese?

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Crennel is the D Cordinator. Wiese?

Weiss owes Crennel a six pack for saving his bacon in that game.

Kid A
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Honestly, for the sake of some good friends who are Chiefs fans, I'd be glad to see them do well this season. I hope Denver beats them by three touchdowns both times they meet, but I was genuinely pulling for KC last night. Fun game.