PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
The pre-season starts pretty soon. I'm pumped.

Let's Go Pens! Recapture the Cup!

http://www.sportsgatherings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/pittsburgh-penguins-logo.jpg

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
This is probably not how McNeckbeard was hoping to start the season for his NJ Devils. I must say this is an unduly harsh punishment for them, esp. since Chicago and Detroit didn't get punished for the same thing.

penalized over Kovalchuk dealEmail Print Comments142 Associated Press

Devils Penalized Over Kovalchuk Deal

NEWARK, N.J. -- The cost of signing Ilya Kovalchuk got even more expensive for the New Jersey Devils.

The NHL fined the Devils $3 million on Monday and took away two high draft picks over the next four years for signing Kovalchuk to a 17-year, $102 million contract in July that circumvented the league's salary cap.

In handing down what might be his harshest penalty for a team salary-cap violation, commissioner Gary Bettman forced New Jersey to forfeit a first-round pick sometime over the next four years and a third-round pick next year.
Devils president and chief executive Lou Lamoriello insisted the team didn't break the rules.

"We were today advised of the ruling by the commissioner with respect to the Kovalchuk matter," Lamoriello said in a statement. "We disagree with the decision. We acted in good faith and did nothing wrong. We will have no further comment."

It was not immediately clear if the Devils can appeal the ruling.

The NHL had the right to discipline the Devils after arbitrator Richard Bloch ruled on Aug. 9 that Kovalchuk's free-agent contract constituted a circumvention of the NHL/NHLPA collective bargaining agreement. The league's biggest problem with the deal was that the 27-year-old Russian star was to be paid only $550,000 in each of the final six years.

The $3 million fine will not count against the Devils' salary cap, a decision the league and the NHL Players' Association reached earlier this month in working out an amendment on long-term contracts.

That amendment paved the way for the league to approve a 15-year, $100 million contract that the Devils and Kovalchuk reworked after Bloch's arbitration ruling.

The NHL said it now considered the matter closed and will have no further comment, including anything on its disciplinary action.

The Devils have the right to choose what year they will forfeit their first-round pick, but they must tell the league by the day after the Stanley Cup finals in that year.

The Devils originally signed the high-scoring left winger to what would have been a landmark deal in July. It would have kept Kovalchuk under contract until he was 44.

The league immediately rejected the deal, noting that paying the Russian All Star such a low salary in each of the final five years violated the league's salary-cap because it drove down New Jersey's annual salary cap hit.

The players' association filed a grievance against the league, but Bloch sided with the league after hearing from both sides.

The Devils and Kovalchuk reworked the contract and settled on the revised 15-year deal earlier this month. The NHL approved it after agreeing with the players' association on the amendment covering long-term contracts.

With 338 goals and 304 assists in 642 career NHL games, Kovalchuk was the biggest prize on the free-agent market this season. He had 41 goals and 44 assists in 2009-10, a season he split between the Atlanta Thrashers and Devils, who acquired him in a multi-player deal in February.

The new deal will put a $6.67 million annual hit on the Devils' salary cap and put the team roughly $3 million over the league limit ($59.4 million) with only 21 players under contract, two under the league limit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

BroncosSR
09-13-2010, 08:28 PM
F the Pens...

http://www.hockeytalk.biz/images/images_nhl_logos/philadelphia_flyers_1996.gif

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 06:43 AM
It's that time. Taking the little Beans to their first hockey game this Thursday....Bruins rookies vs. NY Islanders rookies. $5 a ticket with no tickemaster fees.....can't beat that.

I'm going to tell them it's the championship game.

Killericon
09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
This is probably not how McNeckbeard was hoping to start the season for his NJ Devils. I must say this is an unduly harsh punishment for them, esp. since Chicago and Detroit didn't get punished for the same thing.

Not QUITE true, as Chicago and Detroit's deals(Also, you forgot Vancouver) weren't rejected. I don't agree with the punishment, but there is a difference.

Killericon
09-14-2010, 07:00 AM
P.S.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNn3k1KfOrs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cNn3k1KfOrs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wchH7xL4tdE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wchH7xL4tdE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzHqNVgMkCg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

DivineLegion
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Canes Panthers next tuesday at the RBC Center. Its pretty awesome because I just moved about a half mile from the RBC center so I can walk home from games.

24champ
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
This is the year the Kings end the cup drought...

gyldenlove
09-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Red Wings all the way!

Swedish Extrovert
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
F the Pens AND the Flyers... (especially the Flyers).

Got my tickets to see the Bruins in Prague. Excited.

http://images.pensburgh.com/images/admin/LOGO_Bruins.gif
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/logos/nhl/colorado_avalanche_2000.gif

Elitserien just started, too. So, for good measure:

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/modo_hockey_400px.jpg

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
**** all of you.

Go Avalanche.

SoCalBronco
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Looks like Paul Holmgren probably should have worked a little harder to get Niemi.

Michael Leighton is out at least one month with a bulging disc.

extralife
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
This is going to be an exciting season to see which young Avs player Kroenke will deem too expensive for the smallest payroll in the NHL. Gotta bankroll that Arsenal takeover some how! Maybe Theo Walcott can play left wing.

cabronco
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
The year of the Kings !! :strong:

Dagmar
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
This is the year I am going to attempt to get into hockey. I always thought it'd be the 1st one I got into when I moved here from Scotland given it was the closest of the "big 4" American sports to soccer (don't start). Then the lock out happened and by then I was into football. Then basketball. Baseball is still dull to me. Lets so how I do with hockey.

SoCalBronco
09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
This is the year I am going to attempt to get into hockey. I always thought it'd be the 1st one I got into when I moved here from Scotland given it was the closest of the "big 4" American sports to soccer (don't start). Then the lock out happened and by then I was into football. Then basketball. Baseball is still dull to me. Lets so how I do with hockey.

Very good!

You should try and watch as much as you can. It's extremely exciting and an excellent sport. Tons of great passing, shooting, speed and physicality. You will like it. Try going to some games if you get a chance, too.

Baba Booey
09-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Went to the Devils game tonight. Kovy with a beauty to win it, 3-2.

Rabb
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
**** all of you.

Go avalanche.

+1

^5

maher_tyler
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Lets go avalanche!!!

SoCalBronco
09-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey Finkle,

Are you getting ready for the season? Personally, I think the Rags aren't going to be very good this year. Hank is done, mentally. Staal is going to get fat after getting paid, so is Girardi, although he was never anything special to begin with. Drury will continue to make 250k for each point he registers and Gabby the ballerina will miss another 30 games. Frolov is talented but he will do everything in his power to reinforce stereotypes about the work ethic of skilled Russian players. I know you are going to pimp the young kids on the blueline, but ofcourse you did that last year too.....until the Pens put up 55 shots on goal on them at the Garden. I could see Avery coming out about midseason, and Brooksie will expose Torts as a child molester by February (e5).

Oh...and by the end of the season, the Rags Ice Girls will be Bob's "cum dumpsters".

85 points. Book it.

;D:

:wiggle:

24champ
09-29-2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=29184

Kings are top 5 in TSN's preseason power ranking.

ESPN has also picked the Kings to win the Pacific Division.

PREDICTION: The Kings will win the Pacific Division and reach at least the second round of the playoffs. This roster isn't done improving. Look for GM Dean Lombardi to add another piece or two before the March trade deadline.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2010/team/_/name/los

SoCalBronco
09-29-2010, 11:48 PM

Kings are top 5 in TSN's preseason power ranking.

ESPN has also picked the Kings to win the Pacific Division.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2010/team/_/name/los

This wouldn't surprise me at all. The blueline is absolutely stacked with talent and will only get better.

maher_tyler
09-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Very good!

You should try and watch as much as you can. It's extremely exciting and an excellent sport. Tons of great passing, shooting, speed and physicality. You will like it. Try going to some games if you get a chance, too.

Actually going to a game..up in Lethbridge Alberta to be exact..is what got me hooked!! I got to see Chris Phillips play!!

broncswin
09-30-2010, 07:15 AM
lets go avalanche!!!

lets go avs!!

Hercules Rockefeller
09-30-2010, 10:30 AM

Don't see my team on that list yet, but we all know that ranking doesn't take into account how they'll do jack **** in the playoffs.

24champ
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Don't see my team on that list yet, but we all know that ranking doesn't take into account how they'll do jack **** in the playoffs.

Depends on if they succumb to the Presidents Trophy curse. :approve:

SoCalBronco
09-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Looks like Staalsy will miss anywhere from the first 2-3 weeks of the season to the first two months of the season.

Tombstone RJ
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
**** all of you.

Go Avalanche.

this

DivineLegion
09-30-2010, 10:46 PM
If the Canes keep their heads above water through the first half of the season we might make some noise going down the stretch with all the youth we have. Here's to hoping Patrick O'Sullivan will stay consistant with ol' Jim Rutheford pulling his carrier saving magic on another way ward NHL talent.

24champ
09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
If the Canes keep their heads above water through the first half of the season we might make some noise going down the stretch with all the youth we have. Here's to hoping Patrick O'Sullivan will stay consistant with ol' Jim Rutheford pulling his carrier saving magic on another way ward NHL talent.

Personally I think Patrick O'Sullivan is beyond repair, but that is one kid I am rooting for in the NHL. I really hope he is successful with the Cane's.

DivineLegion
10-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Personally I think Patrick O'Sullivan is beyond repair, but that is one kid I am rooting for in the NHL. I really hope he is successful with the Cane's.

Well Jim did a lot for Samsonov and Ruttu so here's to hoping. :afro:

24champ
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
The Hurricanes did well earlier today, couldn't believe I was watching NHL hockey at 8:00 AM.

Couple good games on tonight.

Flytards vs Penguins

and

Avaalanche vs Blackhawks.

Great time of the year, Football and Hockey at the same time...ahhhh life is good.

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Whoa, didn't see this thread....okay, I'm deleting mine then.

Bobrovsky is looking great thus far.... GO FLYERS!!!!

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Some of these saves Bobrovsky is making are incredible

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 05:12 PM
1-0 Flyers ;D

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
2-0 Flyers ;D

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Blackhawks and Avs tonight... hellava way to start the season off for the Avs, well at least they aren't playing in Europe.

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Bobrovsky finally gives up a goal due to an equipment malfunction....2-1 Flyers

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Good Guys score again. Flyers up now 3-1 ;D

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Pens got it right back 3-2 now Flyers

Hogan11
10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Flyers win 3-2, Bobrovsky with 29 saves ;D

SoCalBronco
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Disappointing result. The rookie goaltender held up well.

BroncoLifer
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
**** all of you.

Go Avalanche.

Quoted for truth!!!

spdirty
10-07-2010, 09:58 PM
good win tonight. Kinda bull**** that they made the Stanley Cup champs start off on the road, when the Avs are celebrating the 15th year since the first cup win, but then again I don't care. :)

chadta
10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
With a faceoff coming in the Washington zone, Atlanta goalie Andrej Pavelec motioned to the bench for a second, then fell flat on his back passed out.

They just took him off on a stretcher. Nothing hit him, he just fell. Very scary situation, sincerely hope he's alright.

Thrashers beat writer just tweeted that he has regained consciousness. heres hoping for the best, **** like this is just scary

DivineLegion
10-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Good to see the Canes come out on top against a stout defensive team. Brandon Sutter showed he's not letting up from last season, and Jeff Skinner came up big in his first shoot out. If Sutter continues to develope and Jeff Skinner proves he was worth the 7th overall pick the Canes are going to be Penguins deep at Center.

gyldenlove
10-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Red Wings made short work of Anaheim in their opener, 4-0 at home in a game featuring a fight by 4-time Lady Byng winner Datsyuk.

DivineLegion
10-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Thrashers stick it to the Caps on the shoulders of Evander Kane in their home opener.

phillybroncosnut
10-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Looks like Paul Holmgren probably should have worked a little harder to get Niemi.

Michael Leighton is out at least one month with a bulging disc.

You havent been keeping up my left coast friend.... There is a man called Bobrovshy, I call him Bobby, and he will be maning the pipes for the Flyboys.
I'm sure you recognized him last night! :strong:

GO FLYERS!!!

Hercules Rockefeller
10-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Caps looked completely disinterested for the majority of the game, 2 weak turnovers and a questionable call on Green giving the Thrashers a penalty shot.

SoCalBronco
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM
You havent been keeping up my left coast friend.... There is a man called Bobrovshy, I call him Bobby, and he will be maning the pipes for the Flyboys.
I'm sure you recognized him last night! :strong:

GO FLYERS!!!

Yeah..he pretty much owned us last night. Tons of chances for us, but he came up big each time for you guys.

SoCalBronco
10-09-2010, 11:41 AM
The Bruins have signed D Zdeno Chara to a 7 year extension at about 6.5 million per season.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Huh, Mike Green vs Kovy, not a fight you'd expect to see.

Caps up 7-2, with about 4 left.

SoCalBronco
10-09-2010, 06:54 PM
The Pens give up 2 goals in the final 2 minutes to lose, 3-2.

gyldenlove
10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Red Wings spoiled the banner raising for Chicago taking a 3-2 win in regulation on a goal about as lucky as they come. Chicago was killing the 2nd straight phantom penalty when a long pass to Filppula send him in one on one with a Blackhawk defenseman who slipped and fell, then Flip deked twice and completely fanned on the pass so the puck trickled towards the net, hit the skate of a diving blackhawk and went through the legs of Turco.

24champ
10-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Kings beat one of the Cup favorites in Vancouver, 2-1 in a shootout.

"Wanna know how I got these scars Louuuu?"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs008.ash2/33743_440847498820_539228820_5271578_4823855_n.jpg

Highlights-

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=336961

Ray Finkle
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM

Damn....that's one less goal than Step scored by himself....in his NHL debut.

Bronx33
10-10-2010, 08:14 AM

I was watching that game it just got away from em real fast ( shyt happens)

gyldenlove
10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Should the Devils be punished for not fielding the minimum number of skaters in their games against Pittsburgh tonight?

I think they should, not because it is a circumvention of the salary cap but because in deliberately fielding a short team they are not competitive and this influences the rest of the league. I would say an appropriate response would be a fine of 100k and a warning that next time something like this happens they will forfeit points or draft picks.

If they can not field a full roster they have to demote a player to their AHL team to reduce their cap number so they can call up enough players from the AHL to fill the roster. I know Calgary was in the same situation last year.

chadta
10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
how can they be penalized points, they dont have any LOL

gyldenlove
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Presumably they will get some at some point, I mean they do have games against Atlanta, Islanders and Florida.

phillybroncosnut
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Chad... you watching Bobby tonight? as I type, the Avs close the gap to 2-1

Baba Booey
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Devils fall to 0-2-1 tonight after only icing nine forwards due to injury/cap reasons. We definitely made our bed on this one and have to sleep in it.

A couple bounces here and there and we might have won this game, though (not sure if you watched, SoCal but I'm sure you'd agree).

I'm just hoping the guys aren't getting discouraged. The wins are obviously going to come with this team, but we need to get healthy and actually ice a full lineup.

phillybroncosnut
10-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Devils fall to 0-2-1 tonight after only icing nine forwards due to injury/cap reasons. We definitely made our bed on this one and have to sleep in it.

A couple bounces here and there and we might have won this game, though (not sure if you watched, SoCal but I'm sure you'd agree).

I'm just hoping the guys aren't getting discouraged. The wins are obviously going to come with this team, but we need to get healthy and actually ice a full lineup.

Couldnt have happened to a better team (maybe the Pens would bring more joy to my heart). That signing will kill that team for a long long time. That and Marty cant play forever.:rofl:

SoCalBronco
10-11-2010, 06:53 PM

No...I didn't get a chance to see the game, but I just saw the score right now. I'm glad we finally got a win, although given how badly we played against you guys last year, I'm shocked we won (looks like Paulie had a good night against his old team).

I am surprised the Devils are 0-2-1 at this point....ofcourse, I was hoping the Pens would be something better than 1-2, as well.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Why was the 2nd goal waived off? Hand pass from Kovy? Was at the gym and obviously no sound.

Ovy won it tonight in OT.

Kid A
10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice win Avs. Kept fighting back, kinda epic shootout between the goalies until Yip buried the winner. 2-1 to start the season against the Hawks, Flyers and Wings. Not bad.

Smiling Assassin27
10-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Wings were lucky to get a point, IMO. Modano and Hudler were -3...blech. Speed kills and the Avs certainly have that. Their defense is suspect and their goaltending is spotty but they'll be a pain in everyone's arse this season.

SoCalBronco
10-13-2010, 08:27 PM
TOR 4 PIT 3

Ok...I'm getting a little concerned now...we're 1-3. At least Staal is ready to start skating. I'm still not convinced this whole Geno at wing thing is a great idea and Sid isn't clicking with his linemates. Flower also needs to step it up. Brent Johnson looked alot better in his only start.

24champ
10-13-2010, 10:13 PM
TOR 4 PIT 3

Ok...I'm getting a little concerned now...we're 1-3. At least Staal is ready to start skating. I'm still not convinced this whole Geno at wing thing is a great idea and Sid isn't clicking with his linemates. Flower also needs to step it up. Brent Johnson looked alot better in his only start.

Only 4 games, very small sample size. However if you guys continue to slide, you might have to have a fire sale and trade Malkin to the Kings. ;D

Once we get into January, we will see the playoff contenders. I'm interested to see if the Leafs can keep this up, I hope they make the playoffs. Their fans are interesting to say the least.

chadta
10-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Their fans are interesting to say the least.

NO

anything but that, i live way to close to toronto, you guys have no idea, give it another win and talk radio will be all the buzz with how this is finally the year, and theyll be serious

phillybroncosnut
10-14-2010, 06:09 AM
NO

anything but that, i live way to close to toronto, you guys have no idea, give it another win and talk radio will be all the buzz with how this is finally the year, and theyll be serious

All the more fun for you when the Flyers bounce them outta the playoffs!

I'm excited to see what kind of tribute the Flyers have in store for Gagne's return home tonight. It'll be very wierd seeing him in a Lightning uni for sure.

One thing is certaing though, it will be a long standing O for Simon.

Hogan11
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
And it was Philly....very nice to see him get that kind of reception.

and it is strange to see him in a Lightning uni. Boucher in goal tonight I see.....hmmmm

Kid A
10-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Avs 3 - Devils 2. Not sure who scheduled this brutal opening slate for Colorado, but they've responded well. Hard not to be excited about this team's future.

Baba Booey
10-15-2010, 09:09 PM
God damnit...Devils dominate but Marty lets in some softies.

SoCalBronco
10-15-2010, 10:15 PM
PIT 3 NYI 2 (OT)

Well, we finally got a win in the new digs and we're up to 2-3 on the season (not great), but we're still not dominating like I would expect the Penguins to do. They are missing Sarge's offensive production from the back end. He made alot of stuff go. Michalek is out another week and hopefully a month or so after that we can get Staalsy back. Getting Arron Asham back will help too...when they get him on that 3rd line with Rupp and Talbot, it will be a biatch to play against. Biggest issue is still the lack of support for Geno and Sid.

phillybroncosnut
10-15-2010, 10:36 PM
God damnit...Devils dominate but Marty lets in some softies.

Something that has NEVER been said in 15 years....hahaha

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Caps go into Nashville tonight with 2 AHL call ups and 2 rookies in their D corps and pull it out 3-2 in OT. For the 5th straight game the Caps have come out half-assed and were down 2-0 before they decided to play. Preds fans were still running their mouths after the game, don't think they were too happy with tripping call on Suter in OT.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2010, 09:18 PM
PIT 5 PHI 1

Sid with a nice 3 point game. Johnson with another solid effort in net...I guess they are going to ride him as long as he is the hot hand. Good win for this team. 3-3 on the year. Once we get Orpik, Z, Staal and Asham back, this team should be in good shape. Glad we're back to .500.

Hogan11
10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
PIT 5 PHI 1

Sid with a nice 3 point game. Johnson with another solid effort in net...I guess they are going to ride him as long as he is the hot hand. Good win for this team. 3-3 on the year. Once we get Orpik, Z, Staal and Asham back, this team should be in good shape. Glad we're back to .500.

Too many penalities gave you guys the game, it was sickening

SoCalBronco
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
PIT 5 OTT 2

That's three wins in a row...we're starting to come together now, which is nice to see. Mark Letestu is a really smart young player. They put him at 2nd line center (replacing Comrie) and he did real well with Geno. He's also defensively responsible. Brent Johnson had another sterling effort in goal. They'll keep riding him as long as he's hot. I also liked Derek Engelland's effort in this game. I gotta say, its really enjoyable watching how smooth Paul Martin is out there. The stars are starting to pick it up, too...Sid followed up his 3 point game at PHI with a 2 point night, tonight. Geno had 2 points as well.

Good to see the organization putting on a nice tribute video for Sarge as this was his first trip to Pittsburgh since he signed with the Senators. I'll always be grateful to Sarge for everything he did for this team.

Here's the tribute they had for Sarge tonight:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpQuHeVVdkg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpQuHeVVdkg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

RhymesayersDU
10-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Go Avs!

(Top!)

24champ
10-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Kings (youngest team in the NHL) keep on winning, beating the 'Canes 4-3. Going 4-1 on the season and in second in the Western Conference. 20 year old Andrei Loktionov had his first career goal tonight, and it was the game winner. Bernier got the win as well, solid third period for him, stopping 17 shots.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/2c/fullj.214be37714c83e3a887172556c4ded2d/070ad248e4c04c0a98f426b0e62d8ff7.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/11hqbly.jpg

The downside to tonight, is that Doughty got injured and looks like he will miss a couple games.

Popps
10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
20 year old Andrei Loktionov had his first career goal

That was a wicked goal. He's got extremely quick hands.

DivineLegion
10-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Kings (youngest team in the NHL) keep on winning, beating the 'Canes 4-3. Going 4-1 on the season and in second in the Western Conference. 20 year old Andrei Loktionov had his first career goal tonight, and it was the game winner. Bernier got the win as well, solid third period for him, stopping 17 shots.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/2c/fullj.214be37714c83e3a887172556c4ded2d/070ad248e4c04c0a98f426b0e62d8ff7.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/11hqbly.jpg

The downside to tonight, is that Doughty got injured and looks like he will miss a couple games.

It was a good game for sure. I am suprised the Canes came out with as much poise as they did on the tail end (game 4) of a 5 game road trip. Mo should have played Cam in this game, and let Peters get his time against a team with a little less fire power. We had a lot of momentum comming off our win in San Jose but instead of carrying that with us we took one in the gut because Mo wanted to get our young back up some experience. What are you going to do. If the Canes can finnish October at or above .500 with our annual "State Fair enduced road trip" we should be in pretty good shape moving forward.

Don't give all of the glory to Andrei Loktionov for getting his first NHL goal, because he wasn't the only future NHL Star to net his first. Jeff Skinner put in his first regulation NHL goal late in the second period to tie things up going into the locker room. Watch out for Jeff Skinner the kid has a unique electricity to his game that really elevates his team mates. Brandon Sutter needs to get healthy and the Canes will really start to make some noise before the allstar break.

SoCalBronco
10-21-2010, 07:45 PM
PIT 4 NSH 3 (OT)

Tanger with the winner in OT. Sid had a WHALE of a game. 2 goals and an assist. He was SUPER active this game. He really could have had alot more than 3 points. They played him with Geno regularly for the whole third period and they skated circles around the Predators. Geno was flat out SICK. Geno with a goal and an assist, but could have also had alot more. Flower got the start tonight and did a decent job on the whole.

Orpik, Asham and also Staal are now practicing, so it shouldn't be too long before we get those guys back. That's 4 wins a row.

5-3 on the season.

Beantown Bronco
10-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Bs are in the Caps heads now.

I have a hard time believing anyone is playing any better than Tim Thomas between the pipes right now.

gyldenlove
10-23-2010, 04:31 PM
It seems to me Anaheim is paying the price for playing like idiots when they won the Stanley cup, back then a lot of those they did that should have gotten called didn't because they didn't have a dirty reputation, now they have that reputation a lot of things that shouldn't be called is getting called and they can't win enough with a guy in the penalty box for half the game.

SoCalBronco
10-24-2010, 12:09 AM
STL 1 PIT 0 (OT)

Johnson gets the start and puts on a fine effort in defeat. At least we get a point. Pens in first in the Atlantic, now.

24champ
10-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Kings beat the Avalanche 6-4. With former Avalanche player Richardson getting the hat trick for the Kings. Kings leading the Pacific Division, and also will be on Versus on Monday playing at Minny.

SoCalBronco
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey McNeckbeard, what's going on in Devil land?

2-6-1? Kovalchuk a healthy scratch a couple games ago?

24champ
10-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Kings win again vs the Wild in the shootout. Going 6-2 on the season. Solely in first place in the Pacific Division. Next up on the Kings road trip is Chicago...that will be a tough game.

SoCalBronco
10-28-2010, 12:49 AM
TB 5, PIT 3

We actually played really well in the beginning of this game. Got some shorthanded goals and chased the starter. But then the Pens had some real trouble with Guy Boucher's unique 1-3-1 forechecking system and TB's Big Three took over. 5-4-1 on the year.

Good news is we're still in first since the Isles lost. The Rags lost too. Looks like NJ did as well. NJ is REALLY CLOSE to having it all slip away. They're what...2-7-1, now? If the Devils don't start winning some games in the next couple weeks, it will be very difficult to dig themselves out of this. Looks like Uncle Lou already gave the dreaded "Vote of confidence" for MacLean, so Larry Robinson will prolly take over soon. McNeckbeard, what's happening, man?

gyldenlove
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
TB 5, PIT 3

We actually played really well in the beginning of this game. Got some shorthanded goals and chased the starter. But then the Pens had some real trouble with Guy Boucher's unique 1-3-1 forechecking system and TB's Big Three took over. 5-4-1 on the year.

Good news is we're still in first since the Isles lost. The Rags lost too. Looks like NJ did as well. NJ is REALLY CLOSE to having it all slip away. They're what...2-7-1, now? If the Devils don't start winning some games in the next couple weeks, it will be very difficult to dig themselves out of this. Looks like Uncle Lou already gave the dreaded "Vote of confidence" for MacLean, so Larry Robinson will prolly take over soon. McNeckbeard, what's happening, man?

TB is looking like a dangerous team right now, Dan Ellis was a solid signing for them and the combination of Stamkos and St Louis is amazing. Boucher and Yzerman may just turn that team into winners, especially in that division, they should get a fair amount of giftwrapped wins in Miami and Atlanta.

NJ is really paying the price for mismanaging the cap this year and with Brodeur not wining games for them singlehandedly right now they are in the tank.

I am really surprised by Toronto, talentwise they are probably among the worst teams in the league, but they are really getting it done right now.

Smiling Assassin27
10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope Yzerman succeeds down there. I think he's doing a good job of bringing in guys (Boucher) who can change the culture. Plus, maybe he puts on the #19 sweater and plays 3rd line center!

gyldenlove
10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I hope Yzerman succeeds down there. I think he's doing a good job of bringing in guys (Boucher) who can change the culture. Plus, maybe he puts on the #19 sweater and plays 3rd line center!

Yzerman learned from the best, he took the solid route of starting off slow and gaining more responsibility while learning from some veterans who are at the very top of what they do, including Nill, Holland, Babcock and Devellano. I think he brings a winning mentality to Tampa Bay who already had some significant talent thanks to their previous suckage. Boucher is an interesting coach and getting guys like Kubina and Ellis to sign for cheap and getting Dom Moore who is a pretty solid face off guy who fits well on a 3rd line.

If the ownership situation in Tampa Bay is going to be stable then the team has the makings of a solid playoff team, they are probably not ready yet to challenge the Eastern conference powers, but as we saw last year, the east is still weak when it comes to playoffs, just making it in means you have a shot.

Smiling Assassin27
10-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Yzerman learned from the best, he took the solid route of starting off slow and gaining more responsibility while learning from some veterans who are at the very top of what they do, including Nill, Holland, Babcock and Devellano. I think he brings a winning mentality to Tampa Bay who already had some significant talent thanks to their previous suckage. Boucher is an interesting coach and getting guys like Kubina and Ellis to sign for cheap and getting Dom Moore who is a pretty solid face off guy who fits well on a 3rd line.

If the ownership situation in Tampa Bay is going to be stable then the team has the makings of a solid playoff team, they are probably not ready yet to challenge the Eastern conference powers, but as we saw last year, the east is still weak when it comes to playoffs, just making it in means you have a shot.

Don't forget Scotty Bowman. I'm sure Stevie learned the most from him, including his philosophy on building a team and organization. As far as 3rd lines, the Modano line needs to get right and quickly.

gyldenlove
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't forget Scotty Bowman. I'm sure Stevie learned the most from him, including his philosophy on building a team and organization. As far as 3rd lines, the Modano line needs to get right and quickly.

I am sure he learned a lot from Bowman, but I think in terms of managerial philosophy and operations he probably learned more from Devellano and Holland, after all he was pretty busy being a player when Bowman was around.

24champ
10-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Uncle Lou already gave the dreaded "Vote of confidence" for MacLean, so Larry Robinson will prolly take over soon. McNeckbeard, what's happening, man?

I think Ownership has taken over the hockey operations and Lou is just going along with it for now. I don't expect Larry Robinson to step in as a HC anytime soon since he has had health problems and was under a lot of stress last go around. But man...it's a mess in New Jersey so far.

24champ
10-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Kings beat the Stars 5-2 in Dallas, and are the best team in the NHL. :approve:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/89/fullj.5deb919e239f9f8e13f7048922b09247/368cbfa009c34003a15c8d5b25107e4b.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/25qaqs2.jpg

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Bs are in the Caps heads now.

I have a hard time believing anyone is playing any better than Tim Thomas between the pipes right now.

Another shutout for Timmy. From today's Boston Globe:

Thomasís numbers are outrageous. He is 5-0-0 with a 0.60 goals-against average and a .981 save percentage. Of the 156 pucks that have come his way this season, only three have found their way to the back of the net.

gyldenlove
10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Another shutout for Timmy. From today's Boston Globe:

Thomasís numbers are outrageous. He is 5-0-0 with a 0.60 goals-against average and a .981 save percentage. Of the 156 pucks that have come his way this season, only three have found their way to the back of the net.

I can beat that, Alfie Michaud is 7-0-1 with 7 shutouts, save percent of .989 and GAA of 0.25 of 181 shots he has faced, only 2 have slipped by him and currently riding a 5 game shutout streak. He doesn't play in the NHL, but that is impressive none the less.

BroncoLifer
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
The Avs now lead the league in goals scored. And in goals allowed. It's just how they roll.

24champ
11-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Kings stay as the top team in the NHL. 9-3. Beating the Lightning, 1-0.

And Downie is still a moron.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/8b/fullj.fe3829a26166ddba79a5d519591d0f7e/6d9746d3f238427695206fbf780cfdc3.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfNGlIU2Bxw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfNGlIU2Bxw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:giggle:

SoCalBronco
11-06-2010, 10:30 PM
PIT loses 3-2 at Anaheim last night and wins 4-3 (SO) at Phoenix tonight. We really should have won last night's game, but Hiller made some strong saves. That was a VERY entertaining game against the Ducks. Flower is just not having a very good year this year. Johnson had to bail us out tonight and he was rock solid after he came in. I have tremendous respect and admiration for the Flower, but he's not feeling it this year. Johnson should be the starter as long as he remains hot, which has been every single start he's had with one exception (Dallas). He's like 5-1-1 with a GAA of 1.70. There's really no reason why there should be a controversy at this point. Flower will recover and be awesome again like he was in the two Cup runs. We just need to get some wins right now. We're outshooting and outchancing opponents most nights but Flower has given up at least a couple softies almost every start he's had and you can't win when your save percentage is like .850.

I'm glad they moved Geno back to center tonight. The wing thing wasn't working at all, although playing with Comrie didn't help, either. He's completely worthless. When Staal comes back, just put him back as the 3rd line center and go back to the 3 headed monster approach. I don't know why they wanted to go away from that. The 3 headed monster approach has won us alot of games in the last 4-5 years. Letestu can play wing like he did tonight.

Just watching Sid the last few games, if he had a decent NHL winger playing with him, he'd be leading the league in scoring by 5 or 6 points right now. He's been a monster the last few games, but Dupuis and Kunitz rarely convert on the chances he creates. Phoenix got totally frustrated chasing him around behind the net, tonight.

enjolras
11-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Just got back from the Avs game. That was a beat-down and I go to 6-0 lifetime when attending a Stars-Avs game (those playoff wins were always really satisfying when I lived in Dallas:) ).

24champ
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Kings are the first team to 10 wins in the NHL, 6-0 at home and are still #1 in the league in points. Beating the Predators 4-1, Bernier getting the win.

Also Smyth notched a goal in his 1,000th game in the NHL.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d1/fullj.0dccb7bbe0ad6f03d3aee09003bf323f/0dccb7bbe0ad6f03d3aee09003bf323f-getty-102849943vd007_nashville_pr.jpg

cabronco
11-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Very happy for the Kings Smyth to score a goal in his 1,000 game. Especially after the hard fought win against T.B. Lightning and Smyth's sweet no look back hand pass to set up the winning goal. Dustin Brown continues to dominate all over the ice. Kings playing solid hockey w/ great goaltending.

Hogan11
11-07-2010, 07:04 AM
How about them Flyers? ;D

broncocalijohn
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
The Avs now lead the league in goals scored. And in goals allowed. It's just how they roll.

If Don Coryell was still alive, he would be impressed. Ducks and Kings taking care of the East in the last few days which tells you how dominating the West Coast is (except in elections)!

24champ
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I am sort of surprised by the Blues tearing it up in the NHL, their GM should be in jail for robbery after that Halak trade. Halak already racked up 8 wins, and has a 1.46 GAA. Should be a Vezina candidate this season.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Man Socal.....that was a different Pen team for sure in the 3rd period. 5 unanswered by the Bs? wow

Can't wait for tomorrow night. I'll be in attendance to watch them kick some Canadien @ss.

gyldenlove
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I am sort of surprised by the Blues tearing it up in the NHL, their GM should be in jail for robbery after that Halak trade. Halak already racked up 8 wins, and has a 1.46 GAA. Should be a Vezina candidate this season.

Funny you should write that, they just got hammered 8-1 by Columbus, that will put a dent in their stats for sure.

SoCalBronco
11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Man Socal.....that was a different Pen team for sure in the 3rd period. 5 unanswered by the Bs? wow

Can't wait for tomorrow night. I'll be in attendance to watch them kick some Canadien @ss.

I had TIVO'd this game so when I got home not too long ago I made the mistake of just peeking at the score on ESPN first, which was a mistake. When I saw you guys scored 7, I thought damn...they must have started Flower again, but I see that it was all on Johnson and then I saw 5 in the third. Blowing a 4-2 lead like that is not something I'm in the mood to watch. Ugh. ugh!~

broncocalijohn
11-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey Champ, Ducks win their 5th in a row and one point behind you guys. Just got back from the game and we didnt have our first shot on goal until the 18th minute of the 1st period....short handed too. 1 to zip and the Islanders keep sucking out loud. If they played the Maple Leafs, would they actually let one of them to win?

24champ
11-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey Champ, Ducks win their 5th in a row and one point behind you guys

Yeah I would hope you are, I mean Sucks have 4 games in hand. Meaning you played 17 games already and the Kings have played only 13 so far.

Records are...

Kings 10-3
Sucks 9-7-1

Sucks may fight for the last couple spots in the Western Conference but I don't see them in the playoffs.

24champ
11-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Funny you should write that, they just got hammered 8-1 by Columbus, that will put a dent in their stats for sure.

Halak wasn't going to stand on his head for 60 plus games. That was bound to happen, he's still a vezina caliber goalie. Still a steal for the Blues, and they will get into the playoffs and make some noise there. I've watched Halak since his QMJHL days, he's the type of goalie that can put a team on his back and win. Not a lot of those in the NHL.

24champ
11-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Where's McNeckbeard? I feel sorry for that dude, just when you think the Kovy-Devils start was bad...this happens...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6NuT41Wu7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6NuT41Wu7A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
They showed some of the worst SO "shots" of all time (well, in the last few years we have had it) and that was one of them. Devils and Nets, boy those NJ fans sure in hell right now.

broncocalijohn
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah I would hope you are, I mean Sucks have 4 games in hand. Meaning you played 17 games already and the Kings have played only 13 so far.

Records are...

Kings 10-3
Sucks 9-7-1

Sucks may fight for the last couple spots in the Western Conference but I don't see them in the playoffs.

Our division is waaaaay down this year so the picking is right for them to vastly improve from last year. You bitched about being younger and that they are now. SJ has only 5 even strength goals this year so play diciplined hockey and you beat them. Amazing stat btw.

Tombstone RJ
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Budaj isn't looking great but the Avs are winning.

24champ
11-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Probably one of the greatest GIFs ever made...

http://i54.tinypic.com/97s2fr.jpg

Nintendo ice hockey...wow those were the days.Ha!

gyldenlove
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow, the Red Wings are doing bad things to the Oilers right now, this game is about as one sided as Canada - Norway at the olympics.

BroncosSR
11-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow, the Red Wings are doing bad things to the Oilers right now, this game is about as one sided as Canada - Norway at the olympics.

Same thing with the Flyers and Canes. Flyers are just out-everything on the canes. Currently 7-1. Bobs still looking good in net despite starting his 8th straight game...

SoCalBronco
11-13-2010, 06:35 PM
The Pens with two nice wins in a row on back to back nights to move to 9-8-1 on the year. Last night we beat TB 5-1 and tonight a good road win at ATL 4-2. The best thing was that they gave Flower a shot at it both nights and he came through with very strong performances. He had a bunch of HUGE saves tonight. That's real good for Flower's confidence. Good to see Geno blow up too with a hat trick. Sid also set a career mark for 5 STRAIGHT multiple point games. I think he's now tied for the league lead in points with Stamkos.

24champ
11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Kopitar had 2 goals and a assist tonight, as the Kings stomp the Islanders, 5-1. Kings have now won 6 straight games, and still undefeated at home (8-0 at home and that is now a franchise record). Also are still the best team in the Western Conference at 12-3 overall. :strong:

Killericon
11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Boy do the Flames look ugly. I hope this game marks the turning point for Iggy, but still.

Also, tough game to lose for my Hawks.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Red Wings beat the Avs tonight 3-1.

Wings are off to a nice start this season at 11-3-1.

chadta
11-14-2010, 05:53 AM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/11/13/16129196.html

BOSTON ó Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson ó a former teammate to many of the teamís players ó and his wife Stephanie have tragically lost their 14-year-old daughter, Daron.

The Senators confirmed in a statement late Saturday that Daron tried to take her own life by hanging herself at the familyís home. The club said she was rushed to hospital and succumbed to the injuries in ICU.

thoughts and prayers are with the richardson family

24champ
11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Islanders can their HC Gordon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Islanders-coach-Scott-Gordon-fired-for-losing-wi;_ylt=Aqzhi0rY5AYtOnJb8ysn9nJ7vLYF?urn=nhl-285697

Kid A
11-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Very nice win tonight for the Avs. Down 2 goals in the third to the Sharks (and getting out shot 2-to-1), they battle back to force OT where Kevin Porter scored a sick semi-breakaway winner.

SoCalBronco
11-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice 3-1 win against Vancouver tonight for the Pens. We really needed it too after inexcusably blowing the Rangers game on Monday in OT.

Popps
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Kings just went up in the third.

Blues lost freakin' 5th in a row.

24champ
11-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Kings just went up in the third.

Blues lost freakin' 5th in a row.

Kings game is now tied...and looks like I jinxed the Blues a couple weeks back.

SoCalBronco
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Kings game is now tied...and looks like I jinxed the Blues a couple weeks back.

Yeah...I'm watching your game now. Heidi Androl is hot.

24champ
11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Kings blow it...2 game losing streak and heading into a 4 game road trip. ****ing great.

enjolras
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Very nice win tonight for the Avs. Down 2 goals in the third to the Sharks (and getting out shot 2-to-1), they battle back to force OT where Kevin Porter scored a sick semi-breakaway winner.

That inside move he made at the blue line was crazy good... and then to finish it in style. Incredible goal really.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Kings blow it...2 game losing streak and heading into a 4 game road trip. ****ing great.

Finally a major test for you guys. Just go .500 and u should still dominate. Division is a step below the Kings right now. Glad the Ducks are playing great at home but I realize the schedule says only half of the games are in Anaheim. Say what?

DivineLegion
11-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Canes are Bipolar...what a crazy season.

24champ
11-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Finally a major test for you guys. Just go .500 and u should still dominate. Division is a step below the Kings right now. Glad the Ducks are playing great at home but I realize the schedule says only half of the games are in Anaheim. Say what?

Kings are dealing with injuries and with that, lines and D pairings are jumbled up. It seems like everything is off, and yet we still had a shot to win tonight. Thems the breaks. :-[

Far as the Division goes, it's up for grabs. Still quite early to tell who the contenders and pretenders are.

24champ
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
RIP Pat Burns...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=544018

I will always remember the guy from the 1993 series with the Leafs and his screaming at Melrose. It was funny to watch.

Ray Finkle
11-19-2010, 04:20 PM
RIP Pat Burns...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=544018

I will always remember the guy from the 1993 series with the Leafs and his screaming at Melrose. It was funny to watch.

very underrated coach. Was glad to see him finally hoist a cup.

Tombstone RJ
11-19-2010, 04:20 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/11/13/16129196.html

BOSTON ó Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson ó a former teammate to many of the teamís players ó and his wife Stephanie have tragically lost their 14-year-old daughter, Daron.

The Senators confirmed in a statement late Saturday that Daron tried to take her own life by hanging herself at the familyís home. The club said she was rushed to hospital and succumbed to the injuries in ICU.

thoughts and prayers are with the richardson family

wow, that's really unimaginable... not sure how he can function right now.

SoCalBronco
11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Another night at the office for Sid....4 points, plus the game winner in the shootout over Carolina.

Sad to hear about Pat Burns. RIP.

DivineLegion
11-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Another night at the office for Sid....4 points, plus the game winner in the shootout over Carolina.

Sad to hear about Pat Burns. RIP.

Another night at the office keeping up with Carolina and its backup goalie. No disrespect to Sid though I love wathing him play hockey. He is by far one of my favorite players not suiting up in red and black. What did you think of the youngest player in the NHL? Jeff Skinner is going to be something else when he adds some size. 15 points through 17 games; 6 goals and 9 assists, Kids pretty fast. Im pretty happy with the way the Sutter line showed up in this game. Brandon got hurt in the Vancover game, and is just starting to get back to form. Tonight was a clear indication that we can play with good teams without relying on our first line. Eric Staal did set up that goal a minute left in regulation with a pretty nifty hit in front of the net, but other than that I feel like we could have used some more production from our first line. I'll be at the game tommarow night so heres to hoping for a better outcome.

chadta
11-20-2010, 08:32 AM

what no mention of the refs re writing the rulebook to allow a pissburg goal ?

i mean really, goals get called back cuz of the intent to blow the whistle rule, but the whistle had actually blown.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/19/controversial-call-in-pittsburgh-carolina-game/

enjolras
11-21-2010, 01:21 AM
The AVS have moved into first place in the division (2 points ahead of Vancouver, albeit having played one additional game) with a shootout win over Dallas.

They've played something like 6 games in 9 nights and are 5-1 over that stretch. Porter was the hero again tonight scoring the game winner in the shootout.

Go avs:)

chadta
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
What We Learned: Sidney Crosby, the most underrated player in NHL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/What-We-Learned-Sidney-Crosby-the-most-underra;_ylt=AliD5ftF2YZE1WGltHa2GOZ7vLYF?urn=nhl-288038

Think of the three greatest hockey players in the world.

Regardless of who you think ranks where in that top three, and how you feel about him personally, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Sidney Crosby doesn't make your list.

Smiling Assassin27
11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
This just in.

This dude:

http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com/images/stories/datsyuk16.jpg

is a stone cold assassin.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6SW6M5Bl-M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6SW6M5Bl-M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SoCalBronco
11-22-2010, 09:16 PM
The Penguins are really heating up now....5-0-1 in the last six with tonight's 3-2 win at Florida.

Another 2 points for Sid and he's tied for the league lead with Stamkos. Just about the only thing he hasnt done extremely well this year is capitalize on empty netters. He missed another one, tonight, but he's been absolutely awesome this season. as Flower has recovered from his early season swoon, too. He's been strong the last two weeks. Michalek is also playing at a very high level the last few games.

This is the Penguins team I was expecting to see. Record is starting to get decent now....12-8-2. Staal should be back in a couple of weeks.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Rangers win another....

Hercules Rockefeller
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Caps get shut out 5-0 for the 2nd time in 3 games, to Atlanta and NJ no less.

They have looked flat out apathetic this entire season, how they're tied with Philly for 1st in the East is still baffling to me.

Kid A
11-22-2010, 09:23 PM
The AVS have moved into first place in the division (2 points ahead of Vancouver, albeit having played one additional game) with a shootout win over Dallas.

They've played something like 6 games in 9 nights and are 5-1 over that stretch. Porter was the hero again tonight scoring the game winner in the shootout.

Go avs:)

What with the Broncos...situation...I at least hope the city will start getting behind this team more. Red hot right now, lots of young stars in the making...hopefully they start selling out more games and people appreciate the team, even if the names aren't as familiar.

Defense has issues, but on the whole this team has made the strides you wanted to see after last year. Guys on all lines are stepping up, racking up points, and we showed we don't need Andy standing on his head every night to get a win streak.

chadta
11-23-2010, 05:38 PM
as much as i rag on crosby, you would never catch him standing around joking with a couple of canadian guys after getting a beat down

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Did-Ovechkin-Semin-cross-line-with-postgame-Kov?urn=nhl-288487

whats with these russians ? i mean i know its supposed to be a game an all, but to do that right beside the coach after getting yer butts whooped is just plain wrong

SoCalBronco
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
PIT 1 BUF 0

Always nice to see Flower get a shutout. The Pens are 6-0-1 in the last seven.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/66El68Matto29/-1-1.jpg

chadta
11-25-2010, 05:02 AM
have i mentioned that the flyers are in first place ?

they lead the league in wins, points, goals for, goal differential, and while i dont have the numbers i think they are close to the top in penalties, cuz we always seem to be killin them, and i thought i heard it mentioned that they were the most penalized team.

SoCalBronco
11-26-2010, 01:54 PM
PIT 2 OTT 1

Flower saves the day again with 43 saves...20 of which were in the first period. LeClaire for the Sens played great, too.

7-0-1 in the last eight and 14-8-2 on the year. Creeping up on Philly.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
PIT 3 CAL 1

Sid with a hat trick....although they may later take away the 2nd goal depending on the review in Toronto, it is very close as to whether he tipped it in or not. Brent Johnson with a nice outing as they gave Flower the day off.

This team is RED HOT right now. 8-0-1 in the last nine, up to 15-8-2 on the year.

gyldenlove
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
The NHL has now officially been put on notice, the big red machine is rolling and they are not looking like they have any intention of stopping.

Lidstrom is off to the best start in his career (1 point per game) and is an early favourite to win his 7th Norris trophy, Zettberg and Datsyuk are both at 1 point per game or above, Jimmy Howard, a goalie making less than half of what Derek Boogard makes is 12-2-2 this year with .913 save% and 2.52 GAA. Justin Abdelkader who plays on the 4th line and doesn't get power play time has 7 points and a +8 rating in 11 games.

Mike Babcock has his team firing on all cylinders leading the league in points per game at 1.5, and they are doing it in a division featuring 4 total teams with more wins than regulation losses and playing in the strongest conference.

Clockwork Orange
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Congrats to Sid The Kid on 200 career goals. :)

SoCalBronco
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
PIT 3 NYR 1

Another nice win. This was a strange game. The Rangers gave up at least 6 and probably closer to 8 2 on 1 breaks in the second period, unfortunately Lundqvist did a really nice job bailing them out most of the time, but we were able to get some goals. Solid effort by the defense and by Flower.

The Pens 9-0-1 in the last ten and 16-8-2 on the year.

Michalek and Martin are becoming a great, great defensive pairing and the PK is the best in the league.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Kopitar had 2 goals and a assist tonight, as the Kings stomp the Islanders, 5-1. Kings have now won 6 straight games, and still undefeated at home (8-0 at home and that is now a franchise record). Also are still the best team in the Western Conference at 12-3 overall. :strong:

Boy, have things changed in two weeks. From first to near bottom of the division. What is great about the conference is that 10th place to 1st place is only 6 points difference so one game can make a big swing. Oh, I almost forgot..... DUCKS 2 and the Kings a big fat ZERO!

chadta
11-30-2010, 04:14 AM
PIT 3 NYR 1

Another nice win. This was a strange game. .

what no mention of this

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKr2Et0THzM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKr2Et0THzM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

i mean really ?

Boy, have things changed in two weeks. From first to near bottom of the division.

i was gonna ask him what happened to them, i look to see pissburg has caught up and see no kings anywhere in the top 10

Hercules Rockefeller
11-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Callahan deserved that Interference minor for having the audacity to force Crosby to slew foot him.

Ray Finkle
11-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Callahan deserved that Interference minor for having the audacity to force Crosby to slew foot him.

As a Ranger Fan, I wasn't going to bring that up. Slew Footing is one of the lowest of the low things you can do in hockey. The Golden Boy won't even get a fine or it won't be brought up.....if it was the other way around, Cally would be gone for 3 games.

chadta
11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Cally would be gone for 3 games.

at least, if it was a flyer he would have got 10

Jens1893
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Avalanche have traded Scott Hannan to Washington for Tomas Fleischman

Ray Finkle
11-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Avalanche have traded Scott Hannan to Washington for Tomas Fleischman

meh....a steal for the Avs...

Hercules Rockefeller
11-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Pending UFA D-man from a team with a surplus of defenseman for a pending UFA Forward with a team with surplus scoring.

Flash was a healthy scratch the other night and was being pushed out of his 2C spot by Johannson.

I like the trade.

SoCalBronco
12-02-2010, 08:00 PM
PIT 3 ATL 2

Feels good to be back in first place in the Atlantic. This team is on an unreal run. ANOTHER hat trick for Sid and he's leading the league in scoring right now.

10-0-1 in the last eleven and 17-8-2 on the year.

Sick. Staal's coming back in a couple weeks, too.

Requiem
12-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Flower has been on an absolute tear, totally redeeming himself from his piss poor performance early on. I'm really stoked on how the Pens have been playing, but we cannot afford to slow down.

At least one of our teams are making magic happen this year, SoCal. :)

Ray Finkle
12-03-2010, 04:17 AM
PIT 3 ATL 2

Feels good to be back in first place in the Atlantic. This team is on an unreal run. ANOTHER hat trick for Sid and he's leading the league in scoring right now.

10-0-1 in the last eleven and 17-8-2 on the year.

Sick. Staal's coming back in a couple weeks, too.

how many slew foots did he have this game?

chadta
12-03-2010, 04:19 AM
how many slew foots did he have this game?

no slew foots but he was interfered with twice ;D

Ray Finkle
12-03-2010, 05:17 AM
no slew foots but he was interfered with twice ;D

Crosby doesn't slew foot, the player falls around his outstretched leg....

Much like Crosby doesn't like women, he likes men....and trannies.

chadta
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Crosby doesn't slew foot, the player falls around his outstretched leg....

that wasnt a fall it was leg humping

SoCalBronco
12-06-2010, 09:29 PM
PIT 2 NJ 1

This team is SICK. 12-0-1 in the last 13. First place in the Atlantic and the East in general. Sid with another goal and assist and for the haters....no slew foots. :)

Somehow I don't think we're going to get swept in the regular season by the Caps again like last year.

snowspot66
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
PIT 2 NJ 1

This team is SICK. 12-0-1 in the last 13. First place in the Atlantic and the East in general. Sid with another goal and assist and for the haters....no slew foots. :)

Somehow I don't think we're going to get swept in the regular season by the Caps again like last year.

Thank God. I hate basketball. It's nice to have a good team to cheer for. Just wish I got more of the games.

SoCalBronco
12-08-2010, 10:42 PM
PIT 5 TOR 2

The streak just keeps rolling. I wonder how long this is going to last. Sid with ANOTHER 2 goals, tonight. He's the best in the world by FAR at this point, he's just in SICK mode. Geno was out again tonight with an injury. They gotta let him heal up...he's been nicked for awhile. Our defensive pairings are really doing some great things at both ends of the ice this year. Martin and Michalek are great and Letang is having a career year offensively. Flower=Beast.

13-0-1 in the last 14. Tops in points in the NHL.

chadta
12-13-2010, 03:57 AM
How the hell is this not 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct ?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRVPPkyAEdw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRVPPkyAEdw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

if ovie was a flyer hed get a 4 game suspension for it like carcillo did, this league is a joke

BroncoLifer
12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Two wildly entertaining games back-to-back for the Avs.

First an excellent win in Washington on Saturday and then again tonight over Chicago - a 3-goal rally in the last 2:30 of the game for a 7-5 win. Great stuff.

Kid A
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Two wildly entertaining games back-to-back for the Avs.

First an excellent win in Washington on Saturday and then again tonight over Chicago - a 3-goal rally in the last 2:30 of the game for a 7-5 win. Great stuff.

That was fun. Hawks and Avs always seem to produce a good game with lots of scoring. Would be a hell of a playoff series.

Ray Finkle
12-14-2010, 07:58 AM
How the hell is this not 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct ?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRVPPkyAEdw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZRVPPkyAEdw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

if ovie was a flyer hed get a 4 game suspension for it like carcillo did, this league is a joke

No instigator for Ovie, no slew foot for Girl's name....

the only good thing is that Rangers are proving to be a bitch of a team to play against.... I love it.

24champ
12-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Another wild finish in Philly...

Flyers end the Pens streak!

SoCalBronco
12-14-2010, 07:32 PM
PHI 3 PIT 2

The winning streak is snapped, but Sid's scoring streak remains.

I knew we couldn't keep this up forever. :)

Ray Finkle
12-14-2010, 07:42 PM
PHI 3 PIT 2

The winning streak is snapped, but Sid's scoring streak remains.

I wish we could keep this up forever. :)

isn't that what you said to Sidney the other night???

SoCalBronco
12-14-2010, 07:44 PM
isn't that what you said to Sidney the other night???

I thought that's what Hank said to the trannies? You're confusing me now.

BTW, I'm sure we'll start a new winning streak shortly...as in tomorrow. ;D

Ray Finkle
12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I thought that's what Hank said to the trannies? You're confusing me now.

BTW, I'm sure we'll start a new winning streak shortly...as in tomorrow. ;D

I bet the following will also happen, Sidney will cheap shot a player, get away with it and whine so badly they give the Rangers a bench minor for being on the ice at the same time as him.

SoCalBronco
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
I bet the following will also happen, Sidney will cheap shot a player, get away with it and whine so badly they give the Rangers a bench minor for being on the ice at the same time as him.

Good...and hopefully we'll score on that power play, too. ;D

SoCalBronco
12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
NYR 4 PIT 1

Bad third period. At least Sid's streak is still alive.

Damn you, Finkle. :)

24champ
12-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Pens begin their slide socal! Ha!

I watched the game and was rooting for the Rangers since they have Boyle, Frolov, and Avery. Former Kings, thought it was funny seeing Avery take on Asham. That's what jumpstarted the Rangers run in the third.

SoCalBronco
12-15-2010, 06:42 PM

I watched the game and was rooting for the Rangers since they have Boyle, Frolov, and Avery. Former Kings, thought it was funny seeing Avery take on Asham. That's what jumpstarted the Rangers run in the third.

I don't know if that's what jumpstarted them, but I know when the tying goal was waived off due to contact with Lundqvist, it took the air out of our sails completely.

24champ
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know if that's what jumpstarted them, but I know when the tying goal was waived off due to contact with Lundqvist, it took the air out of our sails completely.

Yeah kind of deflated the Penguins after that. Tough breaks but your team still looks pretty good overall. I can't wait for trade deadline day. Should be interesting to see who picks up who.

I also caught the Caps and Quacks game, Hercs team can't buy a break. Speaking of the Caps, looking forward to that HBO special on the Caps/Pens.

SoCalBronco
12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah kind of deflated the Penguins after that. Tough breaks but your team still looks pretty good overall. I can't wait for trade deadline day. Should be interesting to see who picks up who.

I also caught the Caps and Quacks game, Hercs team can't buy a break. Speaking of the Caps, looking forward to that HBO special on the Caps/Pens.

I have a very strange feeling that the Caps are going to win it this year...big slump and all. It never seems to happen the year you are the President's Trophy winner, it usually comes when a team has a kind of mediocre season but turns it on late. I hope I'm wrong, but I've had this gut feeling for awhile. I really hope I am wrong.

Ray Finkle
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM
NYR 4 PIT 1

Bad third period. At least Sid's streak is still alive.

Damn you, Finkle. :)

I think this is what Avery asked Girl's name after the game...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Waem8bkKAI4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Waem8bkKAI4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ray Finkle
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM

and besides signing Frolov as a FA, the Rangers came out ahead on teh Boyle and Avery deal.....

Where is Cliche?

Broncos_OTM
12-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Avs are surpriseing me this year. We have a outside shot at making the playoffs if we can continue this. Although we are gonna have to tighten up the goal tending i am happy however that we can put the puck on the net

Kid A
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Avs are surpriseing me this year. We have a outside shot at making the playoffs if we can continue this. Although we are gonna have to tighten up the goal tending i am happy however that we can put the puck on the net

Better than an outside chance - if we get healthy. Hope Stastny is okay, because if he isn't then God obviously hates this team. Already have two of our top four out, but everyone else is stepping up. Fleishmann trade paying off epically so far.

broncocalijohn
12-15-2010, 09:34 PM

LOL! I was going to type exactly what you did by being a FLyer since you cry all the damn time about it. Glad i scrolled down before typing.

Capitals suck badly lately and glad we come into town during their suckage! Ducks give another loss to them and now off to the Islanders. If you are going to play a back to back, this isnt a bad one with these two teams lately.

24champ
12-15-2010, 11:31 PM
and besides signing Frolov as a FA, the Rangers came out ahead on teh Boyle and Avery deal.....

Where is Cliche?

Cliche is in Manchester (AHL) as the Captain and has been called up to the Kings before if needed for a 4th line Center.

Kings have better players than Boyle, Avery, Frolov in their respective roles. We didn't have enough room for Boyle and had to move him. Clearly a change of scenery did Boyle wonders and he has changed his game with the Rangers.

Though from the Boyle trade the Kings have gotten a 3rd round pick and selected Jordan Weal who is leading the WHL right now in scoring. So I don't feel so bad about that trade so far seeing the potential in Weal.

I'd say both sides got what they wanted in the deals are doing fine as a result.

SouthStndJunkie
12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Props to Nick Lidstrom on his first career hat trick tonight for the Wings against St. Louis.

extralife
12-15-2010, 11:42 PM

It's a little more than an outside chance. They should contend for the division, they're currently in 5th and, you know, they did make the playoffs last year. And I believe they are currently tops in the league in man games lost to injury.

Ray Finkle
12-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Cliche is in Manchester (AHL) as the Captain and has been called up to the Kings before if needed for a 4th line Center.

Kings have better players than Boyle, Avery, Frolov in their respective roles. We didn't have enough room for Boyle and had to move him. Clearly a change of scenery did Boyle wonders and he has changed his game with the Rangers.

Though from the Boyle trade the Kings have gotten a 3rd round pick and selected Jordan Weal who is leading the WHL right now in scoring. So I don't feel so bad about that trade so far seeing the potential in Weal.

I'd say both sides got what they wanted in the deals are doing fine as a result.

Frolov is a dog....wow, I thought he would be better.

Boyle was always a step slow last year, I am glad he worked on his conditioning/skating otherwise I think the trade would have favored the Kings. It favors the Rangers until Weal makes it to the NHL.

Cliche always appeared to me as a value pick. He'd either be a solid depth guy in the minors or come in and fill the 3rd/4th pivot. I was upset when they dealt him but love Avery.

Pendejo
12-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Better than an outside chance - if we get healthy. Hope Stastny is okay, because if he isn't then God obviously hates this team. Already have two of our top four out, but everyone else is stepping up. Fleishmann trade paying off epically so far.

At this point only having two of the top six out would be a dream. Assuming Stastny is out for a game or two they're missing...

Mueller, Stewart, Galiardi, Hejduk, and now Stastny. That's 5/6 of what was supposed to be the top two lines out. Mueller hasn't played yet, and Galiardi, and Stewart will have both missed over a month with their breaks.

Duchene has seized the opportunity to really blast off, and he's found some solid chemistry with Flash. It's amazing how much Matt has progressed from last year. The sky is the limit for him. As of now he's just over a point per game.

Shattenkirk has made a pretty seamless transition to the NHL. He's very dangerous with the puck on his stick. Something the team has been lacking since Blake left.

The good news for the Avs is Galiardi is set to return any time now, Hejduk is day-to-day, and Stastny's injury isn't supposed to be serious. Although it looked awful. Guys like Mauldin, and Winnik have really taken their games up a notch, and O'Byrne has been rock solid since coming over from the Habs.

The Avs are getting it done with their wheels, and never quitting. They can be completely outplayed for two an a half periods, but if ANY team in the league isn't up by at least four...they're still right in it.

Smiling Assassin27
12-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Frolov is a dog....wow, I thought he would be better.

If I'm kenny holland, i seriously consider moving jiri hudler for frolov. i think he'd be a nice plug in with datsyuk.

Smiling Assassin27
12-16-2010, 07:52 AM
hey, i see happy hudler was a +1 last night. trade value will never be higher. ;)

Ray Finkle
12-16-2010, 08:12 AM
If I'm kenny holland, i seriously consider moving jiri hudler for frolov. i think he'd be a nice plug in with datsyuk.

a crap for crap trade?

I would rather have Frolov (size is a factor) due to his upside.

Smiling Assassin27
12-16-2010, 09:57 AM
a crap for crap trade?

I would rather have Frolov (size is a factor) due to his upside.

so would i. ;D

the wings tend to do well with reclamation projects and frolov with dats just might do the trick.

Kid A
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
At this point only having two of the top six out would be a dream. Assuming Stastny is out for a game or two they're missing...

Mueller, Stewart, Galiardi, Hejduk, and now Stastny. That's 5/6 of what was supposed to be the top two lines out. Mueller hasn't played yet, and Galiardi, and Stewart will have both missed over a month with their breaks.

Duchene has seized the opportunity to really blast off, and he's found some solid chemistry with Flash. It's amazing how much Matt has progressed from last year. The sky is the limit for him. As of now he's just over a point per game.

Shattenkirk has made a pretty seamless transition to the NHL. He's very dangerous with the puck on his stick. Something the team has been lacking since Blake left.

The good news for the Avs is Galiardi is set to return any time now, Hejduk is day-to-day, and Stastny's injury isn't supposed to be serious. Although it looked awful. Guys like Mauldin, and Winnik have really taken their games up a notch, and O'Byrne has been rock solid since coming over from the Habs.

The Avs are getting it done with their wheels, and never quitting. They can be completely outplayed for two an a half periods, but if ANY team in the league isn't up by at least four...they're still right in it.

Last injury report I looked at it seemed like most of them should be trickling back into the line up by the end of this month/beginning of Jan. I'll believe it when I see it. Sadly, I'd be surprised if Mueller plays again this season - or any other. Still hasn't even skated due to lingering concussion symptoms. Sound like someone who shouldn't risk another hit to the head.

Tombstone RJ
12-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Avs sweep the Stanley Cup winners in the home and home series...

Hogan11
12-17-2010, 11:42 AM
How about them Flyers? :thumbs:

chadta
12-17-2010, 12:44 PM
How about them Flyers? :thumbs:

how about em, pronger is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his foot

its time we see what this team is made of, thank god we have one of the best if not the best group of D in the league.

Kid A
12-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Flash to Duchene! 6-5 OT win. This team has to be producing the most entertaining games in the league right now.

maher_tyler
12-18-2010, 08:23 AM
If the Avs can get better defensively and a bit better play from Andy..we'll be a pretty tough team to play come playoff time!!

Ray Finkle
12-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Flash to Duchene! 6-5 OT win. This team has to be producing the most entertaining games in the league right now.

claimed at the time the deal was a steal for the Avs....he is a really underrated player.

Hogan11
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
how about em, pronger is out 4-6 weeks with a broken bone in his foot

its time we see what this team is made of, thank god we have one of the best if not the best group of D in the league.

The loss of Pronger certainly hurts some, but this team is just so friggin' deep that is can roll on without him.....as we saw today. :thumbs:

I love slapping the Rangers around, almost as much as beating the Pens

chadta
12-18-2010, 05:49 PM

nothing beats slappin the pens around, sept slappin them around when they havent lost in a month thanks to the refs giving them 3 games

Ray Finkle
12-18-2010, 06:56 PM
The loss of Pronger certainly hurts some, but this team is just so friggin' deep that is can roll on without him.....as we saw today. :thumbs:

good game by the Flyers....Rangers are a different team without Cally.

SoCalBronco
12-20-2010, 06:35 PM
PIT 6 PHX 1

Dominant performance, especially on the penalty kill. Geno with a monster 5 point night and Sid with 3 points of his own to extend his streak to 21 games.

chadta
12-21-2010, 04:23 AM
i think the flyers started the christmas break early, cuz that was just horrible, oh well it happens. Next game is a week from now in vancouver, an ill be in myrtle beach so i doubt ill get to watch any hockey at all, thank god for the nhl app. At least this year its not playoffs that im missing.

24champ
12-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Kings beat the Avalanche. Winning 5-0 and Quick gets the shut out. Richardson gets his 5th goal of the year (4 of which came against the Avalanche this season) and Brown got 4 points in this game. Nice to see our defense shut down one of the top scoring teams in the NHL.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/LA_Kings_Fan/Kings%20Hockey/KingsvAvs12-21-101stprd.jpg

SoCalBronco
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Kings beat the Avalanche. Winning 5-0 and Quick gets the shut out. Richardson gets his 5th goal of the year (4 of which came against the Avalanche this season) and Brown got 4 points in this game. Nice to see our defense shut down one of the top scoring teams in the NHL.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/LA_Kings_Fan/Kings%20Hockey/KingsvAvs12-21-101stprd.jpg

I saw that Scuds got his first goal this year.

24champ
12-21-2010, 11:03 PM
I saw that Scuds got his first goal this year.

Yep, first goal in 185 games I think.

SoCalBronco
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
PIT 5 FLA 2

Sid with a goal to extend his streak to 22, which is tied for the longest in the post-lockout era. We're a point from being tied for first in the Eastern Conference. Washington coming up tomorrow night.

24champ
12-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Cindy won't break Gretzkys record...

SoCalBronco
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Cindy won't break Gretzkys record...

I don't think anyone is suggesting that will happen, it would be almost impossible..... but its been a pleasure to watch this streak. He's on another level altogether and there's no question whatsoever that he's the best player in the world right now.

24champ
12-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Kings win in SO over the Oilers. Move into 6th in the Western Conference.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2010, 10:59 PM
PIT 3 WSH 2 (SO)

Flower is money. Good to see Sid score a goal and get an assist to keep the streak going too. Great game.

chadta
12-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Kings win in SO over the Oilers. Move into 6th in the Western Conference.

seems like just yesterday you were in here spouting off about being first place, what happened ? ROFL! anyhow

merry christmas to my hockey loving brethren, even socal an the other penguin fans

SoCalBronco
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
seems like just yesterday you were in here spouting off about being first place, what happened ? ROFL! anyhow

merry christmas to my hockey loving brethren, even socal an the other penguin fans

Haha......I hope your daughter will get many Penguin related Christmas gifts this year. :wiggle:

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

24champ
12-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Kings beat the Quacks 4-1. Moved into 4th place and 3 points out of first place in the Pacific Division. On to play the Sharks tonight...going to be a tough game.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/LA_Kings_Fan/Kings%20Hockey/KingsvDucks12-26-20102nd.jpg

SoCalBronco
12-29-2010, 06:52 PM
NYI 2 PIT 1 (SO)

After registerting 4 points vs. ATL last night, Sid's 25 game streak comes to an end against the Islanders. They did a good job playing the trap to keep the Pens in check and DiPietro played well. 50 points in 25 games....a nice month and a half of work for Sid.

SoCalBronco
12-30-2010, 09:19 PM
LMAO....Boudreau loves to eat ice cream at 10 am, why am I not surprised. Gotta love the HBO 24/7 series on the Pens/Caps.

Killericon
12-30-2010, 10:07 PM
I got to see Daryl Sutter's last game as GM of the Flames. Weird times, indeed.

Smiling Assassin27
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkJednDFJGA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkJednDFJGA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Kings are in a slump, hopefully they get out of it tomorrow night vs the Predators.

Hey Socal, your boy Letang is getting some Norris talk.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=nc-letang010511

Personally I think it's Lidstrom's to lose.

SoCalBronco
01-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Sid didn't play in tonight's shootout loss to Montreal. He sustained a mild concussion last night against TB and will be out for about a week.

SoCalBronco
01-08-2011, 06:33 PM
MIN 3 PIT 0 game still going on.

The Penguins without Crosby are a shell of their normal selves. As much as I would love for him to return immediately so that he doesn't let Stamkos get freebies on him in the scoring race....his health is priority No. 1. I dont think this concussion was mild either, BTW. Take as long as it takes, Sid....its all about the long term, here. The team will survive a few more losses if need be. He is the team tho, no question.

gyldenlove
01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
MIN 3 PIT 0 game still going on.

The Penguins without Crosby are a shell of their normal selves. As much as I would love for him to return immediately so that he doesn't let Stamkos get freebies on him in the scoring race....his health is priority No. 1. I dont think this concussion was mild either, BTW. Take as long as it takes, Sid....its all about the long term, here. The team will survive a few more losses if need be. He is the team tho, no question.

Such a shame they can coast through the regular season in that pansy conference, it would be a much bigger problem if they played in the west.

BroncoLifer
01-08-2011, 07:39 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkJednDFJGA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkJednDFJGA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That is hilarious.

Ray Finkle
01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Rangers roll again....2-1

24champ
01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Kings win tonight and also the Kings announced that Johnson signed a seven-year, $30.5 million contract extension. :strong:

Next up Doughty...

Ray Finkle
01-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Frolov done for the year....blew out his knee (and still tried to go on the next shift)....

Man, the Rangers are injury prone so far (Vinne, Cally, EC, and now Fro)...

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Frolov done for the year....blew out his knee (and still tried to go on the next shift)....

Man, the Rangers are injury prone so far (Vinne, Cally, EC, and now Fro)...

Man, that's a shame about Frolov. The wings are another injury prone team--datsyuk, stuart, cleary, osgood, Filppula, and Modano--all down for significant time. On the plus side, they're so deep that they were able to go to western canada and get 3 wins and Happy Hudler seems to be waking up. THe only worry is that guys like Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Bertuzzi might hit the wall after carrying the team for this spell. They're no spring chickens.

Ray Finkle
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Wolski for Rosie....WTF was Phoenix thinking?

oh, and Socal!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MAF sucks a fat ......turd.

SoCalBronco
01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Wolski for Rosie....WTF was Phoenix thinking?

oh, and Socal!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MAF sucks a fat ......turd.

He's having a great year....we just have an issue with Boston in the third period. This is twice this has happened, altho this time its arguably even worse...4 goals in the last two mins.

They REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need Sid back.

Ray Finkle
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
He's having a great year....we just have an issue with Boston in the third period. This is twice this has happened, altho this time its arguably even worse...4 goals in the last two mins.

They REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need Sid back.

no, you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY a goalie that stops three soft goals.

SoCalBronco
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
no, you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY a goalie that stops three soft goals.

Again, he's having a career year...so having a really bad 3 minutes isn't the end of the world. Sid is the Pens at this point, when he's healthy, they are the top team, when he's not, they are an average team.

Ray Finkle
01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Again, he's having a career year...so having a really bad 3 minutes isn't the end of the world. Sid is the Pens at this point, when he's healthy, they are the top team, when he's not, they are an average team.

and yet no where near the Kings....

SoCalBronco
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
So we finally won a game without Sid. PIT 5 MTL 2

Flower mocking Carey Price at the end of the game. Classic.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/209/msgtmp.jpg

BroncosSR
01-13-2011, 06:34 AM

While he had an awful start to the year (more like horrendous), I'll agree Fleury is finally playing up to his abilities... But, I'm not sure you can say a team is the TOP team when it's dependent on one player