PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

24champ
04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Um, no. Like i said, it's not inconceivable that the Habs win this series. Is it likely? No. But when I saw the possibility of upset, this series stuck out mainly because of what Montreal did last year in the playoffs and Boston's history of gagging when the lights are bright. I don't need to retreat dude. I'll gladly stand by my prediction. I like Thomas (though i ain't gay for him like you, apparently) a lot but Price ain't a slouch and the B's are gonna give up a lot of shots--they're 2nd to last. If Thomas can't stand on his head, this will get intersting.

I don't see the Habs winning it but it is a big time rivalry series. Could go either way, but I like the Bruins defense and goaltending.

Hogan11
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
the best part about the playoffs, teams like the kings and pens that have 10 shoot out wins have to actually play the game to win, i think both are gone in the first round, unfortunately im not so sure philly isnt with them, rangers dont have a chance, nor do the ducks, its going to be a quiet NHL thread in 2 weeks when all our teams are out. LOL

I'd love to see us make it past Buffalo, but I just can't...not without Pronger.

I think we're F'ed.....hope I'm wrong.

24champ
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Marc Crawford has been ****canned.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view8/2315186/golf-swing-o.gif

KipCorrington25
04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Marc Crawford has been ****canned.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view8/2315186/golf-swing-o.gif

:thumbs:;D:rofl::thumbsup:

Maybe he stopped smirking finally.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Devils win the draft lottery

Top 6:
Edmonton
Avs
Panthers
Devils
Islanders
Sens

chadta
04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Devils win the draft lottery

Top 6:
Edmonton
Avs
Panthers
Devils
Islanders
Sens

whats that 2 or 3 first overall picks for Edmonton ? i see they are doing things the pissburg way, altho they didnt declare bankruptcy, and the stands arent empty so i guess its not the exact same.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-12-2011, 06:23 PM
10-1-1 the past 3 drafts

chadta
04-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I'd love to see us make it past Buffalo, but I just can't...not without Pronger.

I think we're F'ed.....hope I'm wrong.

Tsn is saying pronger will play in game 1

worry not my friend, im still trying to get tickets to easter sundays game, i dont think it will get to the 6th game, but if it does i want to go, just cant justify 200 per ticket, specially since both kids want to go now, my daughter the pens fan, even agreed to wear a flyers jersey if i took her to the game.

Baba Booey
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Cool. In a perfect world Larsson will slip to us, but I have a feeling he won't.

24champ
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
For Socal, since the playoffs start tomorrow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBfGwtmd0jE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
For Socal, since the playoffs start tomorrow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBfGwtmd0jE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumbsup:

I definitely love that theme. Time for some playoff hockey.

Smiling Assassin27
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
:thumbs:;D:rofl::thumbsup:

Maybe he stopped smirking finally.

Man, the salute makes me wanna marry her. Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
04-13-2011, 09:29 AM
And here's some photoshop mojo for the Yotes series:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3235429/doan_google.jpg

24champ
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Red Wings up 1-0 in their series vs the Yotes.

Penguins win 3-0 vs the Bolts. Impressive win, Socal is probably doing cartwheels right now.

Rags and Caps going to OT.

SoCalBronco
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Red Wings up 1-0 in their series vs the Yotes.

Penguins win 3-0 vs the Bolts. Impressive win, Socal is probably doing cartwheels right now.

Rags and Caps going to OT.

Didn't get to see the Pens game...have it on TIVO. I heard Flower dominated. Just got home about an hour ago....I turned on the TV to the Caps-Rags in OT. Exciting playoff hockey.

Ray Finkle
04-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Didn't get to see the Pens game...have it on TIVO. I heard Flower dominated. Just got home about an hour ago....I turned on the TV to the Caps-Rags in OT. Exciting playoff hockey.

good game....except now I have to hear about how the Caps will win the Cup going 16-0 now....Caps fans are morons for the most part (Herc is outlier).

SoCalBronco
04-13-2011, 08:16 PM
good game....except now I have to hear about how the Caps will win the Cup going 16-0 now....Caps fans are morons for the most part (Herc is outlier).

I was only able to watch OT, but you guys have a real chance. IMO, if Hank keeps playing well, they have a chance in every single game.

24champ
04-13-2011, 08:31 PM

Tough break Finkle. Good game though.

Socal I only caught the highlights of the Pens game. Looked like Flower stood on his head. Nice start for you guys.

Right now flipping back and forth between the Hawks vs Canucks game and Ducks vs Preds game. The Quacks game is very physical so far.

24champ
04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Pens and Lightning game was pretty physical tonight. Wonder if there are suspensions coming down the pike.

http://i52.tinypic.com/o6h3k1.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YQIhYJk4ny8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chadta
04-19-2011, 03:17 AM
kunitz is only a small step above matt cooke, hes a POS

Downie, now going by history, that hit should be at least 20 games cuz thats what he got for the first hit that was the exact same thing, but i dont think he deserved a suspension for that one either, and this time the guy got up so he might be ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerZdQmigLs

im going to use both these hits next year, i had a kid on my team who everytime he got the puck would reverse play, and go behind the net with his head down, maybe these can scare that out of him.

alkemical
04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Pens' Kunitz, Lightning's Downie face hearing over hits
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

TAMPA, Fla. -- Chris Kunitz of the Penguins and Tampa Bay winger Steve Downie will have hearings with the NHL today because of hits they threw during the Penguins' 3-2 victory Monday night against the Lightning at the St. Pete Times Forum.

Seconds before Max Talbot scored the goal that put the Penguins in front, 1-0, at 5:46 of the opening period, Downie launched himself into defenseman Ben Lovejoy behind the Penguins net. He was was going to be sent off for that hit, but Talbot's goal got the penalty waved off.

Shortly after the midpoint of the opening period, Kunitz drove an elbow into the head of Lightning winger Simon Gagne and was assessed an elbowing minor.
Dave Molinari: dmolinari@post-gazette.com.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11109/1140391-100.stm#ixzz1JyTZGfLy

bronco militia
04-19-2011, 06:52 AM
those two should be banned for the rest of the playoffs...especially Kunitz

alkemical
04-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Pens hater!!!

hahaha

No, I agree. You can't be a team that preaches against dirty hits and have guys do things like that.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2011/04/19/NBC-NHL.aspx

The NHL and NBC/Versus will announce a new TV deal today. It's for 10 years and according to this, at least $200M per year.

bronco militia
04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2011/04/19/NBC-NHL.aspx

The NHL and NBC/Versus will announce a new TV deal today. It's for 10 years and according to this, at least $200M per year.

THAT SUCKS

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
THAT SUCKS

Because??? It's their largest contract ever and ESPN's coverage was terrible.

bronco militia
04-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Because??? It's their largest contract ever and ESPN's coverage was terrible.

IMO, ESPN's coverage was ten times better than Versus. Some nights you could watch two playof games on ESPN and ESPN 2.

I'll still be watch, but I don't see the game growing under this setup

24champ
04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
IMO, ESPN's coverage was ten times better than Versus. Some nights you could watch two playof games on ESPN and ESPN 2.

I'll still be watch, but I don't see the game growing under this setup

Hey at least it's not a deal with Fox which did the gimmicky puck tracker sh*t. Ha!

It's a good deal for the NHL, Versus is going to rebrand itself into NBC Sports in the near future and the NHL will benefit from this partnership.

LetsGoBroncos
04-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Anyone have Directv? During a game the other night I pulled up the guide and went to VS on channel 603 and channel 604 said "VS alternate programming." I thought it might be the other game that was going on at the same time but there was nothing on the channel.

This business of you only get half the playoff games is ridiculous

broncocalijohn
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Anyone have Directv? During a game the other night I pulled up the guide and went to VS on channel 603 and channel 604 said "VS alternate programming." I thought it might be the other game that was going on at the same time but there was nothing on the channel.

This business of you only get half the playoff games is ridiculous

Depending on where you live, if your local team is on a different station, it wont be shown on Versus just in your media area. It happens with the Ducks here with the game on a local cable channel and Versus is blacked out. I personally like the coverage on Versus but it just doesnt reach the massive audience. Luckily, VS is near all the other "alternate" sports channels so any sports geek knows where to go for live sports' entertainment.

underrated29
04-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I hate VS!

I think their coverage sucks and I really hate it when they use funny camera angles. Especially when they show the goalie cam. That is great but I am not a goalie and very few of us are. How about we see the play and the net as someone on the ice sees it.

It gets worse when they show the shootouts that way. (obviously we will not have any of those in hockey playoffs) but still.

Also vs tries to pick which markets it shows the games. One night the avs were on and vs decided to put on the islanders game instead. So pissed. Also, if you all remember they showed the OT game of the Rangers game instead of jumping over to the start of the hawks vancouver game.

24champ
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I hate VS!

I think their coverage sucks and I really hate it when they use funny camera angles. Especially when they show the goalie cam. That is great but I am not a goalie and very few of us are. How about we see the play and the net as someone on the ice sees it.

It gets worse when they show the shootouts that way. (obviously we will not have any of those in hockey playoffs) but still.

Also vs tries to pick which markets it shows the games. One night the avs were on and vs decided to put on the islanders game instead. So pissed. Also, if you all remember they showed the OT game of the Rangers game instead of jumping over to the start of the hawks vancouver game.

Well lets not crap on Versus completely here. Lets not forget where it started in the OLN days...THAT was some bad coverage of the NHL. Anyone that watched that first season under OLN was a ****ing joke. I was their biggest critic, but I actually think they have done a great job improving their product since then and make no mistake they are going to get better. They just need to hire Bill Clement and Gary Thorne, and dump the trash commentators they have now. I know that's a pipe dream, but least the Comcast Executives have shown a commitment to the NHL. 200 million is nothing to scoff at.

Again, keep in mind that Versus will be changed to NBC Sports Net within 90 days, and the executives at NBC/Comcast want to rival ESPN. They are serious about repackaging the channel into a sports network, and they will add on better content. They have already come so far since the OLN days. In those days they just had Tour De France, a couple hunting shows and that was it. Since then, they have added some College Football, UFC fights, Indycar racing. It will get better, and distribution will reach more homes in the near future.

Lets also not forget that the Olympic TV rights are owned by NBC/Comcast. NBC Sports Network is going to really benefit from that and will expand coverage in that area. I suspect NBC Sports Net will get a Sports desk show similar to SportsCenter. ESPN is up a creek right now with the NBA and NFL dealing with lockout issues.

chadta
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Pens hater!!!

hahaha

No, I agree. You can't be a team that preaches against dirty hits and have guys do things like that.

i am a pens hater, but that dont change that what kunitz did has no place in the game, personally i have zero problem with downies hit, except that he got 20 games for the exact same hit earlier in his career, but this time because the guy got up he only gets a game.

The league can not rule by result, they need to rule on the action. Kunitz play served no purpose other than to injure, until the leagues bans a guy for a year for such actions they will continue.

I wonder why Mario isnt crying about head shots now tho.

24champ
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
i am a pens hater, but that dont change that what kunitz did has no place in the game, personally i have zero problem with downies hit, except that he got 20 games for the exact same hit earlier in his career, but this time because the guy got up he only gets a game.

The league can not rule by result, they need to rule on the action. Kunitz play served no purpose other than to injure, until the leagues bans a guy for a year for such actions they will continue.

I wonder why Mario isnt crying about head shots now tho.

http://www.draftdaysuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Mario_Lemieux_Is_Stern_with_you.png

broncocalijohn
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Those VS commentators are waaaay better than the College football play by play and color analyst guys they had two seasons ago. Champ is correct. VS is turning into a serious sports channel and doing things correct from a few years ago. Maybe I am in the minority but it was either last year or year before (which I think it was) that I thought the playoff coverage was pretty good. If you have Versus, you should have NHL network too to give you your talking heads needs.

underrated29
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Well lets not crap on Versus completely here. Lets not forget where it started in the OLN days...THAT was some bad coverage of the NHL. Anyone that watched that first season under OLN was a ****ing joke. I was their biggest critic, but I actually think they have done a great job improving their product since then and make no mistake they are going to get better. They just need to hire Bill Clement and Gary Thorne, and dump the trash commentators they have now. I know that's a pipe dream, but least the Comcast Executives have shown a commitment to the NHL. 200 million is nothing to scoff at.

Again, keep in mind that Versus will be changed to NBC Sports Net within 90 days, and the executives at NBC/Comcast want to rival ESPN. They are serious about repackaging the channel into a sports network, and they will add on better content. They have already come so far since the OLN days. In those days they just had Tour De France, a couple hunting shows and that was it. Since then, they have added some College Football, UFC fights, Indycar racing. It will get better, and distribution will reach more homes in the near future.

Lets also not forget that the Olympic TV rights are owned by NBC/Comcast. NBC Sports Network is going to really benefit from that and will expand coverage in that area. I suspect NBC Sports Net will get a Sports desk show similar to SportsCenter. ESPN is up a creek right now with the NBA and NFL dealing with lockout issues.

Oh man do not remind me of OLN. I had forgotten about those days, or at least I tried to until you brought them up again. That was the worst. But this could be good if they are serious about it. It will be nice to finally be able to go to just one place to watch my hockey. Instaed of espn, oln, vs and wherever else.

bronco militia
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM
they better do something....i just don't see the sport growing in this current setup

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
they better do something....i just don't see the sport growing in this current setup

Ratings are up, league revenue is up, and Versus is now paying almost $123M more per season than the last deal. How is that not growth?

ESPN's coverage was ****. Unless you were a fan of about 6 teams, you only got to see your team play if they played one of those 6 teams, and the highlights were buried on Sportscenter.

The NHL is now going to be one of the new centerpieces of the NBC Sports Channel or whatever it is being called.

Tombstone RJ
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
OLN... hehehe... I remember that network...

chadta
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM
as a Canadian I really dont give to ****s what network it is on in the US, unless its playoff time, and the Canadian network is using the american feed.

For the love of god, do not cut away from double overtime to go to 3 hours of pre race talk for the god damn kentucky derby, while i watch it online on a crappy net feed.

gyldenlove
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
as a Canadian I really dont give to ****s what network it is on in the US, unless its playoff time, and the Canadian network is using the american feed.

For the love of god, do not cut away from double overtime to go to 3 hours of pre race talk for the god damn kentucky derby, while i watch it online on a crappy net feed.

When I come to power anyone who makes that cut will be publicly shamed and then be tried with treason by a public tribunal.

SoCalBronco
04-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Kings and Sharks going to OT.

24champ
04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Kings and Sharks going to OT.

Yeah my BP is through the roof. Ha!

24champ
04-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Epic collapse by the Kings. Good job of choking guys.

SoCalBronco
04-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Epic collapse by the Kings. Good job of choking guys.

Yeah I knew you were going to be pissed. I didn't watch the whole game, just the end of the 3rd and then OT. I heard you guys were up 4-0 in this game....that's a bitter defeat to swallow.

24champ
04-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that's probably the series. Reminds me of last year when the Blackhawks were on the ropes and they came back vs the Predators...and that was all she wrote from there.

Give the Sharks credit though, it was gut check time when they were down 4-0 and they came back.

24champ
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XrB7H.jpg

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Rangers take this in 6. Boudreau is so ****ing inept in the playoffs. I'm sure he's "coaching" right now by screaming f-bombs at everyone.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2011, 07:52 PM
The formerly snakebitten James Neal wins it for Pittsburgh in double OT.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Will eat my crow.

Go Caps!!!

Ray Finkle
04-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Will eat my crow.

Go Caps!!!

Boo.....

Rangers blew their chances....

24champ
04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Great games today...'Yotes are barely hanging on. Wonder if it is the last game in Phoenix?

broncocalijohn
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
6 to 3 Ducks and goals by 6 different players including the back breaker short handed goal by MVP Perry to start the 3rd period. Back to Anaheim for game 5 tied 2 games each.

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Wings score 3 late 3rd period goals to win 6-3.

Sweep, sweep.

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Detroit will get some much needed rest before the start of the 2nd round.

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Detroit will get some much needed rest before the start of the 2nd round.

Hopefully they can get both Franzen and Zetterberg back.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Turns out the wings actually can flip the switch. They look hungry again.

Darren Helm and Jimmy Howard are on the road to stardom after one round.

alkemical
04-21-2011, 07:43 AM
The formerly snakebitten James Neal wins it for Pittsburgh in double OT.

I never saw the Pens getting past the 2nd round with no Crosby and/or Malkin.

The Defense has been really good all year. I don't know if Fluery has "it" to be the best player on the ice, but so far i'm enjoying it.

bronco militia
04-21-2011, 08:10 AM

we will see....you can't play the yotes every round :clown:

LetsGoBroncos
04-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I live in Phoenix. This wasn't the real Coyotes. The reports of them moving to Winnipeg (which were reported by Canada and are false) took their toll on this team. They didn't look anything like the team that showed up last postseason and took the Wings to game 7 or the team that played this year. After the game the players said they did the best they could to tune it out but it was very difficult

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM

Darren Helm will one day be snubbed for the Selke trophy, he is lightning fast, he checks with a passion, he is already one of the top penalty killers in the league and damnit if he is not getting better offensively as well.

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I live in Phoenix. This wasn't the real Coyotes. The reports of them moving to Winnipeg (which were reported by Canada and are false) took their toll on this team. They didn't look anything like the team that showed up last postseason and took the Wings to game 7 or the team that played this year. After the game the players said they did the best they could to tune it out but it was very difficult

Considering the Wings played the entire series without their top point scorer and got their top goal scorer injured in game 2, the Coyotes would have had to be a LOT better than they were to make this competetive against a full strength Wings teams.

LetsGoBroncos
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Agree, I'm just saying this was not the same team we've seen the last 2 years.

alkemical
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Darren Helm will one day be snubbed for the Selke trophy, he is lightning fast, he checks with a passion, he is already one of the top penalty killers in the league and damnit if he is not getting better offensively as well.

He has a little bit to go before he's in Jordan Staal territory. ;)

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 09:59 AM
He has a little bit to go before he's in Jordan Staal territory. ;)

I am just saying it will happen one day.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I am just saying it will happen one day.

He reminds me a lot of Kris Draper, who won a Selke; except he's got better hands (ok, most amputees have better hands than drapes) and has the benefit of learning from the likes of Draper and Datsyuk, who's won 3 in a row.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Little mojo for the Hawks:

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/vince.jpg

24champ
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ezkcqe.jpg

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Don't look now, but Chicago is molesting Vancouver and with game 6 in Chicago this one could be a game 7 nailbiter.

Kid A
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Don't look now, but Chicago is molesting Vancouver and with game 6 in Chicago this one could be a game 7 nailbiter.

12-2 over the last two games (and counting). Even after game 4 I thought there was no way Vancouver could blow this, but the way the Hawks have walked all over them on their own ice...remembering the last two years (hell, the whole of Canucks history)...the mental edge has swung dramatically. Luongo needs to get his **** together fast if they don't want to make some ugly history here.

gyldenlove
04-21-2011, 09:16 PM
12-2 over the last two games (and counting). Even after game 4 I thought there was no way Vancouver could blow this, but the way the Hawks have walked all over them on their own ice...remembering the last two years (hell, the whole of Canucks history)...the mental edge has swung dramatically. Luongo needs to get his **** together fast if they don't want to make some ugly history here.

I don't know why the hell Vignault is trying to match lines so much, just put the Sedins out there every chance you get. I remember Scotty Bowman used to be great at making people try to match his lines so he would just mix up his line combinations and **** with them.

bronco militia
04-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Little mojo for the Hawks:

http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/vince.jpg

ha ha....

Smiling Assassin27
04-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Final word on Yotes series:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdh70xdZHK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24champ
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/577/clhead2.png

24champ
04-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Final word on Yotes series:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdh70xdZHK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2348/franchisekiller.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2348/franchisekiller.jpg

damn, st. nick's got some ripped up abs for an old guy. :giggle:

24champ
04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I love the Boston/Montreal series, so much hate.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cjF9-rns5Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ajncea.jpg

:rofl:

24champ
04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
:spit:

http://i52.tinypic.com/14ugx08.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/ottawanitro/95f7032c.jpg

Killericon
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/SEDIN.gif.pagespeed.ce.eE70RFMFgi.gif

Smiling Assassin27
04-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Man, Pens are 1 for 30 on the power play--2nd most opportunities in the playoffs. That's brutal. Tampa's 8 for 25. Not hard to see why we're going to game 7. Plus, Roloson was a beast last night.

Get Stevie Y a uniform and stick!

alkemical
04-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I called before playoffs the pens would be lucky to get past the 2nd round without Crosby and/or Malkin. I just don't see Fleury as the type of G to ride to a cup finals.

Smiling Assassin27
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Mojo for the Blackhawks tonite:

http://i56.tinypic.com/4jstgl.jpg

Pendejo
04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I love the Boston/Montreal series, so much hate.

It must be awesome for an athlete to throw up a one fingered salute at the crowd in Montreal. Sure it's not classy, or sportsmanlike...but it's funny.

Cripes! It looks like the Canucks are willing to blame everyone but themselves for the position they're in. If ever there were a franchise that the whole world was out to get it's clearly Vancouver. (If you listen to the team and their fan base that is.)

They're quick to point out the disparity in power plays...which is significant, but ignore the fact that they continually make the zebras look like dicks with their chronic diving. Refs are human...they don't want to be made fools of. They brought it on themselves.

It would be so beautiful...if the Blackhawks can chase Luongo out of his nets again. Unfortunately...the Canucks most likely have to get over some time.

Smiling Assassin27
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Will be interesting to see if Gillis' bellyaching throws the Nucks off their game, in focusing on things the really can't control or not. The Hawks are in their head, for sure.

Kid A
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Hahahahah. President's Cup winners, 3-0 series lead: blew them both. But still, up 1-0 in game 7 with 2 minutes to go on a PP...and they found an epic way to choke that away. C'mon Hawks, bring this collapse to its rightful conclusion.

WABronco
04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VJJkV.jpg

On to Nashville.

broncocalijohn
04-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Hahahahah. President's Cup winners, 3-0 series lead: blew them both. But still, up 1-0 in game 7 with 2 minutes to go on a PP...and they found an epic way to choke that away. C'mon Hawks, bring this collapse to its rightful conclusion.

Not meant to be but to give up a tying goal with barely anytime left and to cap it off a short handed one! Too bad they couldnt take that momentum into the OT period.

Smiling Assassin27
04-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Kinda blows for all Western teams still in it. Travel for the Nucks to Nashville (and vice versa) as well as travel for Detroit/SJ will be brutal. If these go 7, the winners are gonna be gassed for the WCF.

Kid A
04-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Not meant to be but to give up a tying goal with barely anytime left and to cap it off a short handed one! Too bad they couldnt take that momentum into the OT period.

Whole thing reminded me eerily of the Olympic gold medal game, down to being played in the same arena. Heavily favored Canadian team with enormous pressure on it finds itself in a dogfight with a team that just won't go away, gives up dramatic tying goal in the dying moments of regulation, but escapes unspeakably disappointing their country by scoring in OT.

bronco militia
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
that was a great game last night.....hopefully nashville can up end the canucks

SoCalBronco
04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
A difficult season ends on a sour note. I suppose this is better than watching us lose to Washington.

I still believe the Penguins are the best team in the league when they are at full strength. Hopefully next year we won't have all these issues.

On the bright side, I picked all the first round series correctly.

SoCal's Second Round picks

WEST
Vancouver 4-3 over Nashville
Detroit 4-3 over San Jose

EAST
Washington 4-2 over Tampa Bay
Philadelphia 4-3 over Boston

24champ
04-28-2011, 12:25 AM
A difficult season ends on a sour note. I suppose this is better than watching us lose to Washington.

I still believe the Penguins are the best team in the league when they are at full strength. Hopefully next year we won't have all these issues.

On the bright side, I picked all the first round series correctly.

SoCal's Second Round picks

WEST
Vancouver 4-3 over Nashville
Detroit 4-3 over San Jose

EAST
Washington 4-2 over Tampa Bay
Philadelphia 4-3 over Boston

Tough break, but you guys fought to the end. Will you guys trade Malkin to LA? ;D

Seems like all the games are going 6-7 games. Detroit is going to be really well rested, I think highly possible they will steamroll right over San Jose in 5, Niemi has been really shakey in these playoffs. Vancouver will probably do the same with Nashville. Caps over Tampa in 6, and Chadta's Cryers will move on to the ECF in 6.

alkemical
04-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Malkin won't be traded anytime soon. But I could see him being the one traded.

C'est la vie

Bronco Boy
04-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Had to go to the ER tonight and get 5 stitches in my lip due to a goalie stick to the face in a tournament game. Luckily we won so the injury was not in vain! I'll look like Joaquin Phoenix for awhile though.

bronco militia
04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Had to go to the ER tonight and get 5 stitches in my lip due to a goalie stick to the face in a tournament game. Luckily we won so the injury was not in vain! I'll look like Joaquin Phoenix for awhile though.

http://www.ilovestickyrice.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/crazy-joaquin-phoenix-beard.jpg

ugh!~

Smiling Assassin27
04-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Mojo for the Wings. Let's get this party started!

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20110428&Category=SPORTS0103&ArtNo=104280403&Ref=AR&Profile=1128

SoCalBronco
05-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Sharks up 2-0 over the Wings and the Lightning up 2-0 over the Caps.

WTF is wrong with you guys, Herc....dropping 2 in a row at home is a really bad way to start a series. I still think this series will be tight, but Washington prolly needs to win the next two in Tampa to get it to 7 games.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Only a few more games of Boudreau. Thank ****ing God.

The last 3 seasons were completely summed up by Arnott saying after he was traded to the Caps that they have no clue to move without the puck. Anyone could coach that amount of talent to a Top 3 seed, so I don't care what that fat ****'s regular season record. The PP that led the league last year has been nonexistent this year and Backstrom has been invisible.

Ray Finkle
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Only a few more games of Boudreau. Thank ****ing God.

The last 3 seasons were completely summed up by Arnott saying after he was traded to the Caps that they have no clue to move without the puck. Anyone could coach that amount of talent to a Top 3 seed, so I don't care what that fat ****'s regular season record. The PP that led the league last year has been nonexistent this year and Backstrom has been invisible.

Good AHL coach.....

Really, any coach can look good with talent. It takes a talented coach to make talent play to its level.

chadta
05-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Good AHL coach.....

Really, any coach can look good with talent. It takes a talented coach to make talent play to its level.

then you have Dan Bylsma who coached a bunch of AHlers to stay in title contention right to the end. Talk about playing above your heads.

If he doesnt get the Jack adams this year the league is more messed up then even i ever thought.

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2011, 07:45 AM
This just in. The Sharks are better. That is all.

Beantown Bronco
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
If he didn't have enough attention from the Vezina Trophy voters before, Tim Thomas certainly has it after last night's performance. What a game. He's just playing out of his mind right now.

I just snagged a pair of tix to tomorrow night's game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Thursday may have to be a personal day.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
All trophies were voted on after the regular season ended and before the playoffs started.

Ray Finkle
05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
then you have Dan Bylsma who coached a bunch of AHlers to stay in title contention right to the end. Talk about playing above your heads.

If he doesnt get the Jack adams this year the league is more messed up then even i ever thought.

I believe he should get it....that was a coaching clinic he put on it Pitt.

24champ
05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
This just in. The Sharks are better. That is all.

Actually, it looks like that long lay off hurt the Wings.

SoCalBronco
05-03-2011, 06:20 PM
TB 4 WSH 3

Furious last few minutes there. The Lightning push the Caps to the brink.

VAN-NSH scoreless early.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Uggggh, didn't see the game because I had stuff going on. Don't know whether to be completely depressed because they might get swept out, or happy that wholesale changes should finally be made once they're eliminated.

Ovechkin is #2 behind Lemieux in GPG in NHL history in the playoffs.

24champ
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Herc what wholesale changes? Boudreau getting canned?

gtown
05-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Boudreau has to get canned. The Caps have gotten by only on immense talent the last few years. Their positioning on D has been good, and the forwards now backcheck, but they have been absolutely clueless in the offensive zone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Caps trade Green while they can get back value, and bring in a few more Canadians to round out a forwards group that is totally soft.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Herc what wholesale changes? Boudreau getting canned?

Boudreau has to go. They're just sloppy and in reality don't play as a team. They are supremely talented and they can beat anyone with what they have in the regular season, but they won't beat teams in the playoffs because it's a different game. Those teams know what they're getting coming in, and they'll make adjustments as the series goes on. It has nothing to do with effort that the team puts forth.

I didn't see the game tonight so I can't comment on it, but I do know they scored early and had it waved off because they had too many men on the ice on the PP. Laich took a puck in the face and two guys went on as he went off. Are you ****ing serious?

Game 2:

Goal 1: stupid high stick by Ovy, they're down a man and the defenseman screens Neuwirth on the goal

Goal 2: Either Backstrom or Semin have a chance to clear, they don't, Schultz can't knock anyone off the puck (sarcastically that's shocking), and it's an own goal off Green. Terribly unlucky on the bounce, but Vinny (I think that's who it was) was wide open. If the centering pass gets through, he has an open net anyway.

Goal 3: Lazy change, great breakout by the Lightning from their own zone, and it's a 2 on none.

They're still inconsistent, and it killss them in the playoffs. Just stupid stuff that will get you beat when it matters. Either Boudreau doesn't know how to fix it, or they've stopped listening. There was all the talk about the new defensive system, they went to that because they were getting lit up early in the season but couldn't match it offensively. I know when the season is over, it's going to come out that Ovy was hurt much worse than anyone ever let on.

Boudreau's had his chance, 4 seasons in the playoffs as a 3, 2, and 1 (x2), and they've won 2 series.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-03-2011, 06:46 PM
When the Caps decided to retain Boudreau after the playoffs last year, I felt the same way I did when CU decided to retain Hawkins for one more year- nothing was going to change, and all that did was delay the inevitable for one more year.

That's totally depressing going into a season knowing that you're not going to win it and nothing from the previous season is going to change. In the Caps case moreso than CU, because they have more than enough talent to win it.

gtown
05-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I didn't see the game tonight so I can't comment on it...

Tonights game sucked. Tampa got lucky on the GWG, but again the Caps offense sputtered. They dumped the puck all game, and then had terrible spacing. Two forwards would inevitably get caught up against the boards fighting for the puck and no one was ever cutting to the net. They were literally running into each other. I also thought that Boudreau would let the D pinch in more, but they played it conservatively all game. They gotta pop in some tape of the Flyers during the offseason, even though they are down two games as well. Flyers had 50+ shots on goal last night.

Ray Finkle
05-03-2011, 08:08 PM
When the Caps decided to retain Boudreau after the playoffs last year, I felt the same way I did when CU decided to retain Hawkins for one more year- nothing was going to change, and all that did was delay the inevitable for one more year.

That's totally depressing going into a season knowing that you're not going to win it and nothing from the previous season is going to change. In the Caps case moreso than CU, because they have more than enough talent to win it.

I don't see them canning him....as a Rangers fan, I'd hope that is the way.

SoCalBronco
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
VAN 3 NSH 2 (OT)

Vancouver leads the series, 2-1.

chadta
05-04-2011, 03:27 AM
lets get a poll going, what happens first, do the caps fire the coach or does philly actually get a goalie for the first time since ron hextall.

ill revisit this post in a few years to see if either has happened.

Ray Finkle
05-04-2011, 03:30 AM
lets get a poll going, what happens first, do the caps fire the coach or does philly actually get a goalie for the first time since ron hextall.

ill revisit this post in a few years to see if either has happened.

It's been since what 87 since Hextall was relevant....

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Actually, it looks like that long lay off hurt the Wings.

It may have, but the Sharks are basically the Wings with size. I don't think Detroit can point to any position on the ice (other than Lidstrom, maybe) where they have a clear advantage over the Sharks mirror. Niemi has outplayed Howard, Pavelski has outperformed Mule, and Thornton has played Dats to a draw. McClellan has outperformed Babcock, as well. SJ's penalty kill has outperformed Detroit's and their PP has outproduced Detroit's. SJ's composure and poise has exceeded Detroit's--the moronic penalties the Wings are taking are a function of that. Was it the lay off? I don't think so, as the rest should've helped guys like Franzen, who is a shell of his former self on that bum ankle.

Can Detroit still win the series? Definitely, but they will not win it because they are more skilled. They would win it because they grind it out and become opportunistic in their special teams. Hudler needs to sit and good faceoff guys/vets like drapes and modano need to get in there tonight.

ElwayMD
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm going to love seeing all the dejected Caps fans in a couple of days. I want to create a T-shirt that says "Washington Capitals: Regular Season Champs".

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Last ditch mojo for the boys in red (not the Caps).

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/Wolverhugh/Red%20Wings%20Motovational%20Posters/30f0a45a-d5a8-47e6-ac2f-0d6fd2d9057c.jpg

Beantown Bronco
05-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Just got back from the Bs game with the old man. Unreal start by the Bs and another incredible game by Thomas.

Could Boucher suck any more?

bronco militia
05-04-2011, 08:34 PM
karma is a not a wings fan when todd bertuzzi is on the roster.

Smiling Assassin27
05-05-2011, 07:46 AM
karma is a not a wings fan when todd bertuzzi is on the roster.

karma isn't affecting them as much as being old and slow on the back end is. this team used to lock down 3rd period leads with ease, but no more. Against a team as big and fast as the Sharks, it's a certain loss unless they have a 3 goal pad going into the 3rd.

in an off-season that will demand some tough decisions, the first one has to be replacing coach McCrimmon. The defense and penalty kill has steadily eroded on his watch. the puck possession game the wings play starts with the first pass out of the defensive zone and this has steadily gotten worse under McCrimmon.

Smiling Assassin27
05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Breaking News: Franzen suspended 3 games for vicious slash on Joe Thornton in game 5. Turns out it was not a dive by Joey T, but a vicious and unprovoked assault.

http://i52.tinypic.com/63wqd0.gif

SouthStndJunkie
05-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Props to the Wings....down 3-0 in the series and they have worked their balls off to win the last 2 games to make it a series.

It would be easy for a team like them, who has won a championship recently, to roll over and take it in the ass (like the Lakers did)....but they aren't rolling over for the Sharks.

Down 3-1 in the 3rd period on Sunday and they come back to win.

Game 6 is in Detroit.

Smiling Assassin27
05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Last ditch mojo for Game 6--it's fight or flight at the Joe:

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99/bakerbert/Todd.gif

Beantown Bronco
05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Last ditch mojo for Game 6--it's fight or flight at the Joe:

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99/bakerbert/Todd.gif

All for the honor of getting spanked in the Finals by the Bs. :)

Smiling Assassin27
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
All for the honor of getting spanked in the Finals by the Bs. :)

yeah, but wouldn't you prefer to be able to say you beat another Original Six team for it? ;)

Smiling Assassin27
05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
All or nothing mojo for the Wings--we've got ourselves a game:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qfHBuxzYj1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smiling Assassin27
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Last chance mojo--Lets Get Some, Wings!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tQywmNxCd8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pendejo
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how hard the Sharks are gripping their sticks tonight. By sticks I mean their hockey sticks...not their penises you undersexed goofs.

First goal wins!

24champ
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Should be an interesting game, I'll pick the Sharks.

SoCalBronco
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
The Sharks hold off the Wings 3-2 in an exciting Game 7.

broncocalijohn
05-12-2011, 10:08 PM
The Sharks hold off the Wings 3-2 in an exciting Game 7.

Watched it and you are correct. You give Detroit 6 on 5 and you better not leave the room but Sharks played tough. It would have been another choke job by SJ if they lost game 7 after being up 3-0.

Smiling Assassin27
05-13-2011, 07:28 AM
The better team won. The Wings left it all out on the ice, so the disappointment is/should be lessened somewhat. Losing 3 of their top 6 forwards--particularly the ones that matched up size-wise with the Sharks--hurt, for sure. Man, Boyle, Clowe, Pavelski, and Setoguchi are flat out sick and Thornton's a face off beast. Best of luck to 'em in the WCF, but I think Detroit may have taken too much out of 'em for a fresh Nucks squad.

SJ Bronco
05-13-2011, 05:03 PM
This city was so tight, you couldn't squeeze a grease BB up our collective arses. Now we trade in the wings for Vancouver. I'm not sure our situation just got better.

SJ Bronco
05-13-2011, 05:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ptl9diOu_qg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
05-13-2011, 08:24 PM
RIP Derek.....can't believe he has died so young.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=562775&navid=DL|NYR|home

Beantown Bronco
05-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Man, I can't wait for this series to get going. Feels like a lot longer than one week since the B's last game.

Still waivering on getting tix to tomorrow night's game. It's amazing what a difference in price there is between the games up here vs the games down in TB through the same brokers.

Beantown Bronco
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
What a great game!

Seguin has arrived. Can't wait to see what this kid does next. If they can get Bergeron back in the next game or two, TB won't stand a chance in this series.

24champ
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
What a great game!

Seguin has arrived. Can't wait to see what this kid does next. If they can get Bergeron back in the next game or two, TB won't stand a chance in this series.

I thought I was watching 80s era hockey right there. Game 2 had a bunch of scoring and lot of momentum shifts. It was a fun game to watch. Thomas got whacked more than a few times, and took a puck to the face. Ouch.

chadta
05-18-2011, 03:17 AM
It's amazing what a difference in price there is between the games up here vs the games down in TB through the same brokers.

I always get a kick out of hearing the specials that they run in ****ty markets, you know, the 2 tickets, 2 pops, 2 hotdogs, 2 hats, a program and parking for 50 bucks. Up here in toronto they gave away a pair of tickets on the radio, face value 450 bucks.

Killericon
05-19-2011, 10:16 PM
BOOM. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/atlanta-thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg/article2029179/)

24champ
05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
BOOM. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/atlanta-thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg/article2029179/)

Yeah it's official, even the Agents of the Thrasher players have been told to make new real estate plans. Predicted that would happen last week in a different thread on here. I knew it was more likely to be the Thrashers than the Coyotes. From what I understand, its primarily an arena issue in Atlanta. People that own the Phillips arena in Atlanta feel they can make more money hosting other events than having the Thrashers. It's a different situation in Phoenix where the City of Glendale is willing to put up money to cover any losses the franchise incurs.

It kinda sucks to see Atlanta fans having to deal with a second NHL team bolt for Canada. On the other hand, its good to see another Canadian city added to the league. It will be interesting to see how the Divisions shake out, though I assume Detroit moves to the East and I don't think the team will be called the Winnipeg Jets.

maher_tyler
05-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah it's official, even the Agents of the Thrasher players have been told to make new real estate plans. Predicted that would happen last week in a different thread on here. I knew it was more likely to be the Thrashers than the Coyotes. From what I understand, its primarily an arena issue in Atlanta. People that own the Phillips arena in Atlanta feel they can make more money hosting other events than having the Thrashers. It's a different situation in Phoenix where the City of Glendale is willing to put up money to cover any losses the franchise incurs.

It kinda sucks to see Atlanta fans having to deal with a second NHL team bolt for Canada. On the other hand, its good to see another Canadian city added to the league. It will be interesting to see how the Divisions shake out, though I assume Detroit moves to the East and I don't think the team will be called the Winnipeg Jets.

I do...crazy they're moving a team back up there. Just glad it wasn't the Yotes!

Not a yotes fan but just glad i'll be able to catch some NHL action live if i choose to...

Smiling Assassin27
05-20-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm sure everyone in Motown is hoping the Thrashers head to Winnipeg because it'll almost surely mean a realignment in which the Wings get to play where they should've been all along--the East. No more late nights watching the west coast swings multiple times a year.

Beantown Bronco
05-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Solid win for the B's last night. Tim Thomas with another unreal effort to earn the shutout. Another effort like that tomorrow and the Lightning will give up, much like their "fans" did after only a minute last night. What an embarrasment. I swear half that crowd didn't even know that they were at a hockey game. You could hear a pin drop in that dump.

Beantown Bronco
05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
NewsCore) - VANCOUVER -- An extremely enthusiastic Vancouver Canucks fan was caught on live television pressing her bare breasts up against the penalty box during the team's victory over the San Jose Sharks, the Vancouver Sun reported Thursday.

The woman's uncensored show of support seemed to be directed towards Sharks forward Ben Eager, who was sat in the penalty box during the third-period of Vancouver's 7-3 win on Wednesday night.

Eager didn't visibly react when the woman lifted her Canucks jersey and bared her flesh. However, the six-second display was picked up by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and shown across the country.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpps/sports/canucks-flasher-caught-on-tv-dpgonc-km-20110519_13285120

Ray Finkle
05-20-2011, 09:46 AM
NewsCore) - VANCOUVER -- An extremely enthusiastic Vancouver Canucks fan was caught on live television pressing her bare breasts up against the penalty box during the team's victory over the San Jose Sharks, the Vancouver Sun reported Thursday.

The woman's uncensored show of support seemed to be directed towards Sharks forward Ben Eager, who was sat in the penalty box during the third-period of Vancouver's 7-3 win on Wednesday night.

Eager didn't visibly react when the woman lifted her Canucks jersey and bared her flesh. However, the six-second display was picked up by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and shown across the country.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpps/sports/canucks-flasher-caught-on-tv-dpgonc-km-20110519_13285120

without pictures, this thread stinks!

:D

bronco militia
05-20-2011, 09:49 AM
without pictures, this thread stinks!

:D

http://intheot.com/

scroll down

Smiling Assassin27
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
No reaction out of Eager. I knew he was gay.

24champ
05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I do...crazy they're moving a team back up there. Just glad it wasn't the Yotes!

Not a yotes fan but just glad i'll be able to catch some NHL action live if i choose to...

City of Glendale isn't going to let the 'Yotes leave, they invested way too much in a new arena and are willing to offset any loss the franchise incurs. It's the complete opposite situation in Atlanta.

Now as for the naming business, the NHL owns the rights to the Jets name and logo. Now I am not ruling out or saying they will never be called the Jets, but I think the NHL will probably push Winnipeg to brand themselves differently. The Avalanche (Rockies), Sharks (Seals) were branded with a new name. Then again you have the Ottawa Senators, which got special permission from the family that hold the rights to the logo/name. I just think you will likely see a new logo and name in Winnipeg.

24champ
05-20-2011, 10:43 AM

scroll down

Chick flashing her boobs > Green Men

Smiling Assassin27
05-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Chick flashing her boobs > Green Men

I'm sure Gary Buttman will find a way to harness her, um, enthusiasm next game.

Ray Finkle
05-20-2011, 11:31 AM

scroll down

they look like ski slopes....but thanks for flashing.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2011, 06:18 AM
For your enjoyment, I'm guessing this is the most ridiculous save of the playoffs:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a1ucKx4xqhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smiling Assassin27
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Latest rumor coming out of nearly all reputable Detroit sources is that Brian Rafalski's retiring. Guy was a winner everywhere he went and was a consummate pro. He will be missed in Motown.

http://cdn.nhl.com/redwings/images/upload/2008/06/Rafalski_500_060208.jpg

broncocalijohn
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I always get a kick out of hearing the specials that they run in ****ty markets, you know, the 2 tickets, 2 pops, 2 hotdogs, 2 hats, a program and parking for 50 bucks. Up here in toronto they gave away a pair of tickets on the radio, face value 450 bucks.

Yeah but that is canadian money. What is that to us, $30? J/K I know it is an insane amount of money. I think our most expensive face value for actual seats are either $185 or $215 for glass. Personally, I like my Center Ice season tickets in the top section right below the press box for $16.50 (box office price is $43). Ducks have lost a few thousand per game the last couple of years but with the economy and a more baseball type area, it was bound to happen.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Personally, I like my Center Ice season tickets in the top section right below the press box for $16.50 (box office price is $43).

Damn.....cheapest Bs season tickets for last few rows of the back corners of the balcony is $25 (box office $49). Center ice? You're looking at around $50 for balcony depending on the row (box office around $80).

24champ
05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
LA Kings named #1 in the organizational (prospects) rankings by HockeyFuture.

The Kings' boast an impressive blue line group featuring Derek Forbort, Slava Voynov, and Nic Deslauriers. Equally impressive is the team's group of centers, headlined by offensive talents Brayden Schenn and Andrei Loktionov. In net, Jonathan Bernier possesses top starter potential while Martin Jones and Jeff Zatkoff pushed each other with solid AHL seasons. Tyler Toffoli had a strong OHL campaign, giving the Kings the top talent on the wing that they have been sorely lacking.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/13076/hockeys_future_organizational_rankings_spring20111 10/

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Just finished work for the week and it's time for the fun to begin. Going to the game tonight with the brother in law.

4 hrs of pre-game drinking ahead and then it's game 7 time. Tomorrow is going to hurt.

BroncosSR
05-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Just finished work for the week and it's time for the fun to begin. Going to the game tonight with the brother in law.

4 hrs of pre-game drinking ahead and then it's game 7 time. Tomorrow is going to hurt.

This might be the one time I'm jealous of you.

oldschoolorange
05-27-2011, 07:53 PM
What a game. One of the best from start to finish. I love football but games 7's in NHL can be amazing.

Requiem
05-27-2011, 07:55 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyz101xIPP1qz4xr9.jpg

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/sandler8x10gilmore.jpg

WABronco
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Stamkos finishing with no nose. Props.

I sports hate the **** of of Boston...DIS GONNA BE GOOD.

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2011, 09:57 PM
WOW

Just got home. I'm not gonna lie. This instantly holds a place in the top five days of my life. Easy.

In other news......My world is spinning furiously right now.

24champ
05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
It's official. Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg.

Division realignment is coming, and I predict that the Avalanche will rejoin the Pacific division. Dallas to Central, Nashville to the South East division and Winnipeg to the Northwest Division.

Detroit gets the short end of the stick.

bronco militia
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
It's official. Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg.

Division realignment is coming, and I predict that the Avalanche will rejoin the Pacific division. Dallas to Central, Nashville to the South East division and Winnipeg to the Northwest Division.

Detroit gets the short end of the stick.

we'll see.....no changes for this season:

The NHL will not realign its divisions for the 2011-12 season, meaning Winnipeg will play in the Southeast, a league source confirmed to LeBrun.

DemonEagles
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
The Thrashers are taking their talent to southbeach!

24champ
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
we'll see.....no changes for this season:

The NHL will not realign its divisions for the 2011-12 season, meaning Winnipeg will play in the Southeast, a league source confirmed to LeBrun.

No s***? Thats a crappy travel schedule for everyone in the Southeast. I assume the arenas have already been booked and they weren't going to change anything.

bronco militia
05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
No s***? Thats a crappy travel schedule for everyone in the Southeast. I assume the arenas have already been booked and they weren't going to change anything.

that was according to ESPN.

24champ
05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
that was according to ESPN.

TSN's Bob Mackenzie confirmed that too.

bronco militia
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
NEW YORK -- The Boston Bruins' Game 7 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning drew the most viewers for a conference finals game on cable since 2002.

Boston's 1-0 win in the Eastern Conference finals Friday on Versus averaged 2.55 million viewers. That's the most since the Detroit-Colorado Western Conference finals Game 7 nine years ago.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2011, 01:48 PM
NEW YORK -- The Boston Bruins' Game 7 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning drew the most viewers for a conference finals game on cable since 2002.

Boston's 1-0 win in the Eastern Conference finals Friday on Versus averaged 2.55 million viewers. That's the most since the Detroit-Colorado Western Conference finals Game 7 nine years ago.

I finally got my voice back.

I can't wait for this series to get going. Bs in 6!

SoCalBronco
06-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Vancouver tops Boston 1-0 in GAME 1 of the Finals.

24champ
06-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Vancouver tops Boston 1-0 in GAME 1 of the Finals.

Dude was off-sides on the final goal. :nono:

WABronco
06-01-2011, 11:29 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/627301/Screen_shot_2011-06-01_at_9.38.02_PM.png

24champ
06-01-2011, 11:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/627301/Screen_shot_2011-06-01_at_9.38.02_PM.png

Thought he lifted his skates at the blueline. The NBC clowns were saying so...

Oh and WAB...

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j463/nitetothemare/AlexBurrowsBite.gif

WABronco
06-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Lol ya that made me laugh. Don Cherry on biting: "it's an oldie but a goodie...he's just a hungry hockey player." I've seen some mention of Burr being suspended but that's garbage, and I'd say the same for any Boston player. All sorts of **** is going down, no need to decide the series with suspensions.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Some good news.

Crosby to Start Summer Workout ProgramThursday, 06.02.2011 / 3:35 PM / Features By Sam Kasan
Share Penguins center Sidney Crosby met with Dr. Michael Collins of UPMC Tuesday and is starting his summer program of off-ice workouts. He will be joined by his long-time personal trainer for the next 2-3 weeks as he works back into his routine in Cole Harbor, Nova Scotia, according to Penguins general manager Ray Shero.

“I met with Sid Wednesday before he left for home and talked to Dr. Collins,” Shero said. “(Crosby) will resume his workouts and get back into his program in Cole Harbor.”

Collins is the UPMC specialist who has been monitoring Crosby's condition since he suffered a concussion in January.

Crosby, who spent the past three weeks on vacation, will not start on-ice workouts until late July or early August, which is his normal offseason workout schedule.

"Everything will be closely managed by Dr. Collins in terms of his progression leading up to him getting on the ice later in the summer per his usual routine,” Shero said.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=564608&cmpid=pit-twt-pghpenguins

Requiem
06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Go Penguins. I was playing NHL 99 on N64 and put up 21 goals on 64 shots in 15 minutes total against mush-brain Eric Lindros' Flyers.

I'm a ****ing boss. Top 10 in the world at NHL 99 and I'm not kidding.

chadta
06-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Go Penguins.

against mush-brain Eric Lindros' Flyers.

golly gee i wonder why so many people think its Karma that cindy has a mushy head, and will never be the same.

Dutch
06-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, after watching POS Burrows score a goal in a game he shouldn't have even been participating in.......and after watching Gary "I'm also a POS" Bettman take the Atlanta Thrashers from us and ship 'em to Winnepeg for a nice bonus of 60 million to the NHL. Add the complete caving (a'la Colin Campbell) of Brendan Shanahan to Bettman by NOT suspending Burrows for at least one game (after Campbell suspends a player a month or two ago for 2 games). But hey, it IS the Cup finals...and the League's F'd up so many critical calls during the Bettman era...I guess I should just get over it. Really getting sick of the pro sports scene. Between this garbage and the continuing farce that is the NFL labor "negotiations".....:notthissh kinda sick of it.

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2011, 07:30 PM
A goal and an assist from a guy who shouldn't be playing tonight. Lovely.

WABronco
06-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Could come back to "bite" me, per se.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2qtbe6d.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
That was a quick goal in OT....Vancouver goes up 2 games to 0 over Boston.

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Of all the guys. Thank you NHL.

bronco militia
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
lmao at burrows getting the game winner....nice going NHL

24champ
06-04-2011, 08:09 PM
LOL @ Tim Thomas.

chadta
06-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Well, after watching POS Burrows score a goal in a game he shouldn't have even been participating in.......and after watching Gary "I'm also a POS" Bettman take the Atlanta Thrashers from us and ship 'em to Winnepeg for a nice bonus of 60 million to the NHL. Add the complete caving (a'la Colin Campbell) of Brendan Shanahan to Bettman by NOT suspending Burrows for at least one game (after Campbell suspends a player a month or two ago for 2 games). But hey, it IS the Cup finals...and the League's F'd up so many critical calls during the Bettman era...I guess I should just get over it. Really getting sick of the pro sports scene. Between this garbage and the continuing farce that is the NFL labor "negotiations".....:notthissh kinda sick of it.

I think we just found the only hockey fan in atlanta

alkemical
06-06-2011, 05:36 AM
golly gee i wonder why so many people think its Karma that cindy has a mushy head, and will never be the same.

That's not karma, it's what happens when you are another forsberg type of player. If Crosby can win 2 more cups, i'll be happy.

How many does Lindress have?

alkemical
06-06-2011, 05:37 AM

lol, no doubt.

Dutch
06-06-2011, 07:54 AM

Ever attended a game here, Chadta? Attendance was not the issue. Ownership by an investment corporation was/is. They own Phillips Arena, the Hawks, and formerly the Thrashers. They've been steadily bleeding this team dry of talent since they took ownership. I was a 4 seat season ticket holder from day one, but the writing was on the wall after the sweep in the playoffs. Atlanta gets criticized for being a poor hockey town, but the truth is that most folks who live here are from somewhere else. Many of them from the Northeast and Midwest. There is a strong hockey base here. Our youth programs are booming, and our adult rec leagues are full up. I know as I have coached and played in both. Don't take my rant as a slight at our great neighbors to the North. I've got family outside of Canmore, Alberta. I am glad to see Winnipeg get a team back. Just pissed it was our team and at the way it went down. Can't stand Bettman or his greed.

chadta
06-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Ever attended a game here, Chadta?

Attendance was not the issue.

nope but ive seen all the empty seats on TV alot.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

2011 13,469 3rd worst
2010 13,607 3rd worst
2009 14,626 2nd worst
2008 15,831 8th worst
2007 16,240 9th worst
2006 15,550 7th worst
2004 15,221 8th worst
2003 13,476 3rd worst
2002 13,668 3rd worst
2001 15,262 8th worst

Looks like it was pretty crappy to me. But somebody has to be at the bottom.

The way it happened was kinda crappy, welcome to the world of winnipeg and quebec city. Teams up and leave, yet betman fights with everything to save the yotes, why is beyond me.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Take that, Vancouver!

Enjoy the offseason Rome.

24champ
06-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Bean you going to a Cup final game?

WABronco
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
That was predictable.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Bean you going to a Cup final game?

I'll be all over Game 6. I'm good luck for the Bs right now.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
That was predictable.

A Bs win? Maybe.

An 8-1 Bs win w/o Horton? No way.

SoCalBronco
06-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Impressive effort from Boston in Game 3 after coming so close in the first two games. We'll see if they can keep it up.

broncocalijohn
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I'll be all over Game 6. I'm good luck for the Bs right now.

And hoping there is a game 6 too. Enjoy it. Nothing like being at game 6 when the Ducks hoisted the Stanley Cup........before LA. ROFL!

24champ
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
And hoping there is a game 6 too. Enjoy it. Nothing like being at game 6 when the Ducks hoisted the Stanley Cup........before LA. ROFL!

I'm gonna enjoy seeing Anaheim move to Kansas City within 5 years. Attendance has been steadily going down the last few years being one of the leagues worst draws.

broncocalijohn
06-07-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna enjoy seeing Anaheim move to Kansas City within 5 years. Attendance has been steadily going down the last few years being one of the leagues worst draws.

Ducks are not going anywhere. Avs have a bigger problem with lower attendance and a basketball and football teams to rival them for the fan's dollar.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Aaron Rome out for rest of series for his hit on Horton last night. Hardly a fair tradeoff given that Horton's also going to miss the rest of the series, but at least the league got this one right.

24champ
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Ducks are not going anywhere. Avs have a bigger problem with lower attendance

Actually you are wrong. Avalanche have outdrawn your Ducks this season, even in a bad season the Avalanche just had and the Ducks made the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Average Attendance.

24. Avalanche 14,820
26. Ducks 14,738

chadta
06-07-2011, 03:59 PM
can we please just move the friggin yotes before we even talk about movning anybody else.

alkemical
06-08-2011, 05:30 AM
can we please just move the friggin yotes before we even talk about movning anybody else.

My one buddy is a yotes fan. Well, he was a fan of them before they became the yotes.

I told him Canada deserves a team, not a team in the desert.

Beantown Bronco
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I love this effing team. No Savard. No Horton. We don't care. We're going to score 12 to your 1. And our goalie is going to knock you the eff out.

You woke up the sleeping bear Vancouver.

SoCalBronco
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm sure its tough for Boston fans to be satisfied where the series is at right now. They could very easily argue that this series should be a sweep at this point or at absolute worst 3-1, but they've gotta settle for 2-2. Vancouver winning 1-0 and then 3-2 in OT and then getting ****ing destroyed the next two games is not what I would call an even series.

DivineLegion
06-09-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm sure its tough for Boston fans to be satisfied where the series is at right now. They could very easily argue that this series should be a sweep at this point or at absolute worst 3-1, but they've gotta settle for 2-2. Vancouver winning 1-0 and then 3-2 in OT and then getting ****ing destroyed the next two games is not what I would call an even series.

Unless you factor in the Ice conditions. While I understand the concept of "home ice advantage" 80 degree temperatures at ice level are unacceptable. They keep complaining about the "HEAT WAVE!", I call BS. In 06' the Canadians were complaining about the ice conditions in Raleigh, and the NHL gave the Canes a very nice altimatum stating that if they couldn't control their facility, they could play their playoff games somewhere else. Of course the temperature at ice level at the time was in the low 70's. Just wait until the series goes back to Vancouver, Boston isn't going to know what hit them. The only reason they won the last two game so lopsided is because they nutralized the integirty of the game.

chadta
06-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Unless you factor in the Ice conditions. While I understand the concept of "home ice advantage" 80 degree temperatures at ice level are unacceptable. They keep complaining about the "HEAT WAVE!", I call BS. In 06' the Canadians were complaining about the ice conditions in Raleigh, and the NHL gave the Canes a very nice memorandum stating that if they couldn't control their facility, they could play their playoff games somewhere else. Of course the temperature at ice level at the time was in the low 70's. Just wait until the series goes back to Vancouver, Boston isn't going to know what hit them. The only reason they won the last two game so lopsided is because they nutralized the integirty of the game.

Really its the fault of the ice ?

the nucks are playing like the Flyers, gutless heartless, the goalie has been a sieve, yup just like the flyers playoffs, maybe just maybe boston is actually a good team ?

DivineLegion
06-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Really its the fault of the ice ?

the nucks are playing like the Flyers, gutless heartless, the goalie has been a sieve, yup just like the flyers playoffs, maybe just maybe boston is actually a good team ?

It's not 100% the Ice but it plays a big role. When is the last time you saw ice conditions that bad? The puck was bouncing 2 feet in the air on snap passes, there were puddles on the playing surface, thats unacceptable.

I watched Luongo early in his carieer when he was with the Panthers, and I know he can be a tool. I have no idea why people rave about him as much as they do. For years he was the most highly saught after failure in Florida because teams saw his "potential". Maybe I just saw the worst of him when the Canes swept the Panthers for 6 straight years at home, 4 of which featured Luongo.

From an overall team stand point Vancouver is at a major disadvantage with the ice conditions. They are a puck possession team who lives and dies by crisp passes, and limited turnovers. If you can't keep a puck from bouncing, you aren't going to win the game. If this was the Red Wings in the final there would be a lot more backlash. I think the Canucks just played themselves out of what little fan favor they had with Burrows biting incident, and Romes monster hit.

alkemical
06-09-2011, 05:53 AM
it's not exactly like the panthers have been a good NHL team though. They haven't really had any measurable sustained success.

Beantown Bronco
06-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Thank God Boston doesn't have to play on the same ice at the same time as Vancouver. What an advantage!

Please. You cry worse than the Canucks themselves....and I didn't think that was possible.

DivineLegion
06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Thank God Boston doesn't have to play on the same ice at the same time as Vancouver. What an advantage!

Please. You cry worse than the Canucks themselves....and I didn't think that was possible.

Crying? That wasn't crying sir, it was an assured jest at Boston sports as a whole. If you can't see how having chopy ice conditions plays into Bostons favor you must not be a very avid hockey fan. I could care less if Vancouver wins the cup or not, in all honesty I like more of the individual players on Boston. I have always been a supporter of Tim Thomas, Mark Recchi will always be a part of Carolina Hurricane lore, Dennis Sidenburg used to be a Cane and still should be (thanks for the slef imposed cap Mr. Rutheford), I've always had a ton of respect for Nathan Horton (I'm very disappointed hes out of the series), you don't have a heart if you can't get behind Zedeno Chara...You konw the only player on Boston I don't like is Lucic.

bronco militia
06-13-2011, 08:10 PM
what a joke, vancouver

the hockey gods will not be pleased

24champ
06-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Hope Vancouver loses game 7. Their fans will be devastated.

Kid A
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Tie series - but Bruins hold a 19 to 8 scoring advantage. This goes beyond home ice advantage; it's like totally different teams/goaltenders on both benches depending what city they're in.

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Holy crap.....I think I'm still drunk from last night. Lovin life right now.

Luuuuuoooooonnnnnnngggggggooooooo......
Luuuuuoooooonnnnnnngggggggooooooo......

One more win, guys. You've been a better road team than home team for the last two seasons. Time to show it!

24champ
06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Another Game 7, another Original Six team, another drought: 39 years since the last Cup in Boston, who will play the first Stanley Cup Final Game 7 in franchise history on Wednesday night.

The last Game 7 in the Cup Finals the Canucks played in.

http://gcaggiano.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/mark-messier-1994.jpg

55CrushEm
06-14-2011, 01:52 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2yEZDbEHbf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24champ
06-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Wonder if there will be riots in Vancouver if Luongo allows a few more goals in the third period.

bronco militia
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
what a joke, vancouver

the hockey gods will not be pleased

:curtsey:

Dutch
06-15-2011, 07:32 PM
With a 3 goal lead and 8:20 to play, Boston looking good to go. Can't say it bothers me any, can not stand the Nucs.......

24champ
06-15-2011, 07:34 PM
There's a couple deserving players but I think Tim Thomas gets the Con Smythe trophy. Which would be a nice FU to Luongo who should have kept his trap shut prior to game 6.

bronco militia
06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
thomas is a lock for mvp

Dutch
06-15-2011, 07:47 PM
thomas is a lock for mvp

Yep

Swedish Extrovert
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
What were they just chanting... sounded like "___ sucks, ___ sucks"

Abqbronco
06-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Something classy I'm sure.

elsid13
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow, great series and great win by Boston. I am still in shock after last season that Bruins are raising the Cup tonight.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Congrats Beantown Bronco.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I might add that it was nice to see the ol Recchin ball go out a champion, once again.

gyldenlove
06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
There's a couple deserving players but I think Tim Thomas gets the Con Smythe trophy. Which would be a nice FU to Luongo who should have kept his trap shut prior to game 6.

It was always going to be Thomas if the Bruins won, hell even if they lost it could very well have been him, he carried that team to the finals.

24champ
06-15-2011, 08:24 PM

They were chanting bettman sucks.

BroncoLifer
06-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Would love to see a guy like Marchand on the Avs. He was a revelation to me during these playoffs.

Baba Booey
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Vancouver riots:

http://t.co/GHgVwTM

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8944/butthurts.jpg

24champ
06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Vancouver riots:

http://t.co/GHgVwTM

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8944/butthurts.jpg

Haha. Called it in the last page. Losing two game 7s in the Cup final couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.

strafen
06-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Vancouver had a strong season all year long, even I'm in shock they didn't win, but I'm happy for the Bruins for having the cup in the States :thumbsup:

broncocalijohn
06-15-2011, 09:31 PM
4/11/11
In other words, Smiling spoke out of his ass and doesnt want to fully retreat on it. No way Bruins lose this series. They have the great American in goal.

Um, no. Like i said, it's not inconceivable that the Habs win this series. Is it likely? No. But when I saw the possibility of upset, this series stuck out mainly because of what Montreal did last year in the playoffs and Boston's history of gagging when the lights are bright. I don't need to retreat dude. I'll gladly stand by my prediction. I like Thomas (though i ain't gay for him like you, apparently) a lot but Price ain't a slouch and the B's are gonna give up a lot of shots--they're 2nd to last. If Thomas can't stand on his head, this will get intersting.

Just wanted to bump this for some reason as I remember someone (now I know it is Smiling Assassin27) made the "I am gay for Thomas" line. Well, even a Ducks fan can appreciate the silver medalist and now a Stanley Cup Champion. Even better that it happened against the team that resides in the city that thoroughly enjoyed beating USA in the Finals in the Olympics.

Congrats Boston. Too many championships recently in all 4 sports to make the Red Sox fans even more obnoxious when they come to Anaheim.

24champ
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Riots in Vancouver.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip483900#clip483900

http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/6/16/b9fbbdbc-0a78-40a5-8811-6e0fb985ce59_500.jpg

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110616/Riot.jpg

Beantown Bronco
06-15-2011, 10:32 PM
WOW!

Just got home after making the rounds of the local establishments.

I'm not gonna lie. I've been balling my eyes out and hugged more guys in the last 4 hrs than I have in my whole life to this point and I don't care.

What a night. I love this team. The way they've played and worked together all season, but in the playoffs in particular. Unreal. I'll be sporting my #37 jersey for the next month at least.

THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Beantown Bronco
06-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I might add that it was nice to see the ol Recchin ball go out a champion, once again.

Yup. Storybook ending for sure. I love how from day one he hasn't waivered or pretended in any way. This is THE perfect way to go out.

24champ
06-15-2011, 11:43 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2i8by9h.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
06-16-2011, 07:00 AM
4/11/11

Just wanted to bump this for some reason as I remember someone (now I know it is Smiling Assassin27) made the "I am gay for Thomas" line. Well, even a Ducks fan can appreciate the silver medalist and now a Stanley Cup Champion. Even better that it happened against the team that resides in the city that thoroughly enjoyed beating USA in the Finals in the Olympics.

Congrats Boston. Too many championships recently in all 4 sports to make the Red Sox fans even more obnoxious when they come to Anaheim.

Fair enough. For posterity, let me reiterate that I like Thomas. The guy's absolutely deserving of the Conn-Smythe and worthy of your man love. :rofl:

chadta
06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I said before the bruins flyers series that the winner would win the cup, why, becasue for three years in a row now a team from the winter classic has won the cup the following year, so next year its pissburg or washington. Im seriously thinking about putting $100 on each team like right now just for the hell of it.

WABronco
06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
God damn hipster douche 20 somethings. I hope the lot of them got beat with a nightstick/trampled by RCMP.

chadta
06-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Even better that it happened against the team that resides in the city that thoroughly enjoyed beating USA in the Finals in the Olympics.

In all fairness, we enjoyed beating you in Salt lake too :thumbsup:

Chris
06-16-2011, 02:22 PM
God damn hipster douche 20 somethings. I hope the lot of them got beat with a nightstick/trampled by RCMP.

"Hipsters" (aka creative people) are generally nonviolent man. I don't see anyone that looks like a "hipster" in those photos.

24champ
06-16-2011, 02:35 PM
"Hipsters" (aka creative people) are generally nonviolent man. I don't see anyone that looks like a "hipster" in those photos.

Bunch of skinhead anarchists in canuck gear pretty much started the riots.

chadta
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Bunch of skinhead anarchists in canuck gear pretty much started the riots.

the same ones that started the riots in toronto during the G20, the only difference now is they actually are from vancouver, where as toronto had to import the idiots. go figure.

gyldenlove
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
the same ones that started the riots in toronto during the G20, the only difference now is they actually are from vancouver, where as toronto had to import the idiots. go figure.

That is funny, because it has not been my experience that Toronto lacks idiots of their own.