I can't figure out how to post the damn thing

BroncosSR
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2fImgCmLo

I can't figure out how to post the damn thing

That is great...

gyldenlove
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Again, he's having a career year...so having a really bad 3 minutes isn't the end of the world. Sid is the Pens at this point, when he's healthy, they are the top team, when he's not, they are an average team.

The top team in the East.

Smiling Assassin27
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
The top team in the East.

The Flyers may have a beef with that statement.

gyldenlove
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
The Flyers may have a beef with that statement.

The Flyers are irrelevant and will be another in a long list of Eastern conference playoff disappointments in a few months, so they should eat their beef while they have it.

BroncosSR
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
The Flyers are irrelevant and will be another in a long list of Eastern conference playoff disappointments in a few months, so they should eat their beef while they have it.

This ought to be good...

So why exactly do you think the Flyers are irrelevant? If anything, Crosby being out exposes Pittsburgh for what they are... A team with a huge reliance on one player... The Flyers are the exact opposite. They have so much depth, both forwards and defenseman that they can lose their top defenseman and still win 10 out of the last 13... Or is this one 'because I said so' logic?

broncocalijohn
01-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I know it is a week old, but here it is on Getzlaf....

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=548490

They are 6-1 since the injury in the 2nd period of the December 28th game. Unlike the Pens, the Ducks can play without one of their top 1 or 2 point scorers. How is Kunitz doing, SoCal while Crosby is out? He needs him like my kids need their stuffed animal at night.

gyldenlove
01-13-2011, 01:44 PM
This ought to be good...

So why exactly do you think the Flyers are irrelevant? If anything, Crosby being out exposes Pittsburgh for what they are... A team with a huge reliance on one player... The Flyers are the exact opposite. They have so much depth, both forwards and defenseman that they can lose their top defenseman and still win 10 out of the last 13... Or is this one 'because I said so' logic?

It is the East baby, there is no good team. The Flyers are irrelevant for 3 reasons:
1. They won't perform in the playoffs - they had their little run last year and now it is back to being a 2nd round washout.
2. Get ready for the big Bobrovski downturn, from now on until hockey gets interesting he will get worse and worse.
3. Wohoo, missing Pronger and still winning 10 of 13 against a schedule featuring only a handful of walkovers. Fact is that the Flyers are 4-7 against the West (read the good teams) and when the going gets tough the Flyers will hide under the table.

BroncosSR
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
It is the East baby, there is no good team. The Flyers are irrelevant for 3 reasons:
1. They won't perform in the playoffs - they had their little run last year and now it is back to being a 2nd round washout.
2. Get ready for the big Bobrovski downturn, from now on until hockey gets interesting he will get worse and worse.
3. Wohoo, missing Pronger and still winning 10 of 13 against a schedule featuring only a handful of walkovers. Fact is that the Flyers are 4-7 against the West (read the good teams) and when the going gets tough the Flyers will hide under the table.

All based on bulletproof 'because I think so' logic...

Outstanding. We'll just have to wait...

chadta
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM

as much as it bugs me, there is a big difference between 4-7 and 4-4-3 if yer gonna toss out stats at least use accurate ones ( 1 overtime loss is all that separates philly from vancouver for first overall)

the flyers are no good cuz they own the east and are average vs the west, but they arent gonna make it to a time when they play the west because they are no good in the playoffs, which would be against the east, but they beat everybody in the east last year and have been so far this year as well but its cuz of a lucky kid goalie who isnt even playing?

i give up

7-3 in the last month, on the road, without pronger, id say they are pretty relevant

SoCalBronco
01-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Nice 4-1 for the Pens over the Red Wings without Sid. Flower continues to stand tall.

broncocalijohn
01-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Not that I am in here a ton like some of you guys but you can basically know the mood swings of the Kings based on the when Champ24 is here or not. They just lost on Wed. to the Blues and I believe are 1-8 the last 9 games. Kings now in the cellar of the Pacific Division. Oh glory days. Hiller is playing like a phenom and deserves his place at the upcoming allstar game.

alkemical
01-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Nice 4-1 for the Pens over the Red Wings without Sid. Flower continues to stand tall.

Not bad for an avg team. I do wish the pens had more depth though, esp. on D.

/sarcasm

Smiling Assassin27
01-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Yeah, the Wings are just trying to hold things together without Datsyuk, Stuart, Cleary, Homer, Modano, Ozzie, and Howard so last night wasn't much of a shock. McDonald's basically a space filler and beyond the top 4 forwards, the team's a bunch of grinders with erratic scoring ability.

Both teams basically consider the regular season a nuisance until it's money time.

Hogan11
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
as much as it bugs me, there is a big difference between 4-7 and 4-4-3 if yer gonna toss out stats at least use accurate ones ( 1 overtime loss is all that separates philly from vancouver for first overall)

the flyers are no good cuz they own the east and are average vs the west, but they arent gonna make it to a time when they play the west because they are no good in the playoffs, which would be against the east, but they beat everybody in the east last year and have been so far this year as well but its cuz of a lucky kid goalie who isnt even playing?

i give up

7-3 in the last month, on the road, without pronger, id say they are pretty relevant

Yeah, that whole "The Flyers are irrelevent" thing was some pretty high comedy indeed. Ha!

Pronger is back and the team is rollin'.......GO FLYERS!!!

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
The Flyers with a crushing win over Chicago...nice :thumbs:

BroncosSR
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
The Flyers with a crushing win over Chicago...nice :thumbs:

Yep, they played well after laying the egg against the Devils last night... Giroux, Bobs were clutch...

SoCalBronco
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Looks like Geno is going to be out for a while now too.....not sure how we'll be able to survive without Sid AND Geno out for an extended period of time.

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Yep, they played well after laying the egg against the Devils last night... Giroux, Bobs were clutch...

I cringe whenever I see Boosh in goal.....never believed in him.

BroncosSR
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
I cringe whenever I see Boosh in goal.....never believed in him.

Couldn't agree more... His sh*t goal yesterday cost the game. I was hoping for a Leighton/Bobs combo. Leighton probably wouldn't clear re-entry waivers to come back up either which sucks...

chadta
01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
you guys are crazy, Leighton vs boosh is a wash, they both are backups at best, boosh at least can get hot, i mean he holds the shut out record, and most importantly, he makes 600,000 less than leighton, we have the most expensive defense in the league, and cannot afford to have that extra 600,000 sittin on the bench.

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
you guys are crazy, Leighton vs boosh is a wash, they both are backups at best, boosh at least can get hot, i mean he holds the shut out record, and most importantly, he makes 600,000 less than leighton, we have the most expensive defense in the league, and cannot afford to have that extra 600,000 sittin on the bench.

I agree, they're a push....I never was comfortable with either one of them and that's why I cringe whenever I see either of them between the pipes.

BroncosSR
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Yes, this is obvious. We were talking with that in context. Clearly they both are backups, but if I had to choose, I'd take Leighton 9 times out of 10. Sadly, I even thought (albeit for a quick second) Nabakov couldn't be any worse (I think), especially for the cheap price...

Anywho, we're stuck with Boucher until he gets hurt (Ryan Parent, where are you??). Then it's Johan Backlund

Ray Finkle
01-24-2011, 08:34 PM
NY's AHL team beats the Caps tonight in a shoot out :D

chadta
01-25-2011, 06:12 AM
if I had to choose, I'd take Leighton 9 times out of 10.

im glad you arent the GM

bouch has at least been a serviceable backup, who has shown streaks of being awesome, followed by streaks of being garbage, leighton until last year had never even been able to hold down a back up job, hes played on how many different teams and couldnt even hold the back up job, thats gotta tell you something. I think leighton had better positioning, as to me it seemed like he didnt make many saves but the puck hit him, which is both good and bad.

GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

SoCalBronco
02-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Geno with a torn ACL and MCL so he's going to be out for the year and then some. Sid is still not close to returning, he's just doing moderate exercise bike work at this point. We're winning with defense and goaltending right now.

chadta
02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Geno with a torn ACL and MCL so he's going to be out for the year and then some. Sid is still not close to returning, he's just doing moderate exercise bike work at this point. We're winning with defense and goaltending right now.

i was gonna ask about you guys, i see youve won 5 in a row, i thought maybe cindy and frankenstein were back.

yikes

in other news, the queens won and are now just 1 point out of a playoff spot, champ24 hasnt been seen since they were battling for first overall, in the first week of the season.

Karenin
02-05-2011, 02:30 PM
lol, yea much like angryllama he's more than happy to puff his chest out and act like king **** when his team is winning, but as soon as they inevitably **** the bed, he's nowhere to be found.

Requiem
02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
The Mavs are solid this year.

Ray Finkle
02-05-2011, 02:54 PM

sorry to hear that.....

SouthStndJunkie
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
The Mule scored 5 goals in a game the other night for the Wings in their 7-5 win over Ottawa.

Karenin
02-05-2011, 03:56 PM
The Mavs are solid this year.

Right, and as soon as the playoffs roll around expect angryllama to be in every thread puffing his chest out talking about how they are going to win a championship. Until they pull their yearly chokejob losing to a 6th or 7th seed, and angryllama disappears for a few months until finally reappearing with a new name, hoping everybody forgot about what happened.

SoCalBronco
02-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Sid may return sometime in March.

Tombstone RJ
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM
It looks like Forsberg is coming back to the Avs for another year. The Avs are the youngest team in the NHL but they have two solid vets (3 actually) with Foote on defense and Forsberg on offense (with Milan Hejduk as well).

chadta
02-08-2011, 10:33 AM
while i wish foppa well, as a flyer fan ive seen how this plays out, i set the over under at 15 as the # of games he actually plays before he is out again.

Tombstone RJ
02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
With Forsberg, health is always an issue. It's best to bring him in for the second half of the regular season, let him get his legs back, and then help with a push into the post season and to the Stanely Cup.

bronco militia
02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
the avs are a mess right now. they have lost 5 in row with two straight shut outs....they are 3-7 in their last 10 and 5 points out of the playoffs.

regardless of forsberg, this team still needs help on the blue line and maybe even goal tending.

Tombstone RJ
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
the avs are a mess right now. they have lost 5 in row with two straight shut outs....they are 3-7 in their last 10 and 5 points out of the playoffs.

regardless of forsberg, this team still needs help on the blue line and maybe even goal tending.

It's a long season, they are gonna have ups and downs. They just need to make it into the playoffs. I'm not thrilled with Budaij, he needs a lot of offense in front of him to win. I have no idea what is going on with Anderson. He was great last season but now he seems to be up and down.

gyldenlove
02-08-2011, 11:21 AM
while i wish foppa well, as a flyer fan ive seen how this plays out, i set the over under at 15 as the # of games he actually plays before he is out again.

I will take the under on that, I love the guy for his talent, but he is more fragile than a 16 year old girls sense of self esteem.

gyldenlove
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't know if the rumor mongers in the NHL are just worse than all other rumor mongers or if it is the GMs that are the cause of Ottawa and Edmonton sucking balls, on THNs rumormill it is listed that the Oilers want a top prospect and a 1st round pick for Hemsky and the Senators want 2 top prospects and a top pick for Fisher. I would trade a 2nd rounder and a servicable young player or a top 5 prospect for one of those gentlemen if I needed a forward, but I would never part with the top prospect I had AND a 1st round pick.

chadta
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
what did the flyers get for an often injured foppa years back ? 1st, 3rd, upshall, and parent.

so really that may be a little high, but not too stupid

Killericon
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know if the rumor mongers in the NHL are just worse than all other rumor mongers or if it is the GMs that are the cause of Ottawa and Edmonton sucking balls, on THNs rumormill it is listed that the Oilers want a top prospect and a 1st round pick for Hemsky and the Senators want 2 top prospects and a top pick for Fisher. I would trade a 2nd rounder and a servicable young player or a top 5 prospect for one of those gentlemen if I needed a forward, but I would never part with the top prospect I had AND a 1st round pick.

I'd do that for Hemsky, but that asking price for Fisher is absurd.

gyldenlove
02-08-2011, 01:48 PM
what did the flyers get for an often injured foppa years back ? 1st, 3rd, upshall, and parent.

so really that may be a little high, but not too stupid

I would call that a bit of a steal.

gyldenlove
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd do that for Hemsky, but that asking price for Fisher is absurd.

If I was a winger away from a Stanley cup final I might pull that deal, but even then I would be extremely cautious with giving up the farm for a guy with as many injury concerns as Hemsky.

SoCalBronco
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM
IMO, they should shut Sid down for the year. It's clear he has PCS and some of this is the team's fault for not diagnosing the first concussion after the Washington game and letting him play against TB. This is going to take MONTHS. Just shut him down until he is fully healthy.

BroncosSR
02-08-2011, 07:51 PM
IMO, they should shut Sid down for the year. It's clear he has PCS and some of this is the team's fault for not diagnosing the first concussion after the Washington game and letting him play against TB. This is going to take MONTHS. Just shut him down until he is fully healthy.

As much as I'm glad, it's ashame. Brings memories back of Gagne for me...

chadta
02-09-2011, 05:25 AM

i was thinking lindros, when we had the devils down 3-2 without him, an he tried to be the hero came back, got knocked out by a stevens elbow cuz he was skating with his head down on like his second shift, and we went on to lose the series.

the real shame is that they are still doing pretty decent

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
With Forsberg, health is always an issue. It's best to bring him in for the second half of the regular season, let him get his legs back, and then help with a push into the post season and to the Stanely Cup.

My hope is that Favresberg doesn't get seriously injured this go around. I just can't see how he's doing anything other than filling a spot that a younger, faster, hungrier player could be filling and developing. The Avs ain't gonna do anything of note this season, so this move puzzles me.

Tombstone RJ
02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
My hope is that Favresberg doesn't get seriously injured this go around. I just can't see how he's doing anything other than filling a spot that a younger, faster, hungrier player could be filling and developing. The Avs ain't gonna do anything of note this season, so this move puzzles me.

I've heard that Forsberg is playing for relatively little money, I think I heard he will only get $1m for the season. I'm not sure what the logic is behind bringing Forsberg back other than his veteran presence on a very young team, and perhaps Forsberg is hungry for another shot at the Stanely Cup. He's 37 years old, who knows what he has left in the tank.

Smiling Assassin27
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I've heard that Forsberg is playing for relatively little money, I think I heard he will only get $1m for the season. I'm not sure what the logic is behind bringing Forsberg back other than his veteran presence on a very young team, and perhaps Forsberg is hungry for another shot at the Stanely Cup. He's 37 years old, who knows what he has left in the tank.

If he's hungry for another shot at a Cup, why would he join the Avs? This is not meant to be snarky, just curious. I could see if he was joining the Nucks or something but I don't get this on the Avs part.

gyldenlove
02-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Just saw the rerun of Matt Cooke trying to kill Fedor Tyutin. I can honestly say that if my name was Colin Campbell, I would call Cooke and tell him to febreze his hockey gear and get his golfbag ready because he would not be playing NHL hockey again until next season starts.

Ray Finkle
02-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Just saw the rerun of Matt Cooke trying to kill Fedor Tyutin. I can honestly say that if my name was Colin Campbell, I would call Cooke and tell him to febreze his hockey gear and get his golfbag ready because he would not be playing NHL hockey again until next season starts.

Let's see the Pens fans defend this hit like the Pen's announcers were....There are pest in the league (Avery, Ruuto, Cooke, etc) but Cooke is the worst of them all. If Avery or Ruuto had to consecutive games with dirty hits, they'd be done. Cooke will get about 2 games....

24champ
02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Some trades going on....

Lupul/prospect to Toronto
Beauchemin to Anaheim

Ottawa trades Mike Fisher for
Preds 2011 1st and Conditional 2012 Pick

Islanders get Montoya from Phoenix for a 6th round pick.

Chicago trades Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman, David Pacan to Florida for Michael Frolik, and the rights to goaltender Alexander Salak.

Smiling Assassin27
02-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Let's see the Pens fans defend this hit like the Pen's announcers were....There are pest in the league (Avery, Ruuto, Cooke, etc) but Cooke is the worst of them all. If Avery or Ruuto had to consecutive games with dirty hits, they'd be done. Cooke will get about 2 games....

Crosby's gonna be the unfortunate victim of Cooke's reckless play. I wonder how much longer Sid's gonna want to keep Cooke around in PIT if the result of his play is more runs at Sid.

gyldenlove
02-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Some trades going on....

Lupul/prospect to Toronto
Beauchemin to Anaheim

Ottawa trades Mike Fisher for
Preds 2011 1st and Conditional 2012 Pick

Islanders get Montoya from Phoenix for a 6th round pick.

Chicago trades Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman, David Pacan to Florida for Michael Frolik, and the rights to goaltender Alexander Salak.

Skille and Jessiman? bust city.

Ray Finkle
02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Skille and Jessiman? bust city.

that's Huge Speciman....still hate Sather for that pick....

broncocalijohn
02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Just got done watching the Kings vs Pens game. Kings just dominating the OT period and I turned to my 8 year old and said, "wouldnt it be funny if they get that one breakaway and score the winner?" Sure enough on their (only) 2nd shot of OT, they strip Jack Johnson and Staal gets one past Quick. As a Ducks fan, I lol! Just wish they didnt get the one point.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Just got done watching the Kings vs Pens game. Kings just dominating the OT period and I turned to my 8 year old and said, "wouldnt it be funny if they get that one breakaway and score the winner?" Sure enough on their (only) 2nd shot of OT, they strip Jack Johnson and Staal gets one past Quick. As a Ducks fan, I lol! Just wish they didnt get the one point.

I'm grateful to get anything at this point, including lucky wins. They simply cannot generate offense at all right now since Sid, Geno and Kunitz are all out. Flower is just saving games at this point. Sid will not be back this year, IMO.

24champ
02-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Kings continue to play tight games, as they really lack in 5 on 5 scoring. Still a solid road trip for them and need to sting together a few more wins. Hopefully the Kings can add a piece or two by the deadline but not really counting on it.

Baba Booey
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't look now...only 13 points out.

http://i.imgur.com/QlKwJ.gif

broncocalijohn
02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Don't look now...only 13 points out.

http://i.imgur.com/QlKwJ.gif

Dont look now, but about 25 more games to play and Devils are 9 games under .500.......wait until next year.

BroncosSR
02-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Dont look now, but about 25 more games to play and Devils are 9 games under .500.......wait until next year.

:thumbsup:

maher_tyler
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Forsberg to play tonight!! Should be interesting to say the least..obviously he'll be a shell of his former self but if anything..hopefully it lights a fire under some asses cause the Avs are in a free fall!!

gyldenlove
02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Holy hell, a hockey game seems to have broken out that organized street fight between the Long Island Hooligans and the Steelcity Brawlers, 291 total penalty minutes in that one and 11 goals, at least all 3 fans in Long Island got their moneys worth for once.

SoCalBronco
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Holy hell, a hockey game seems to have broken out that organized street fight between the Long Island Hooligans and the Steelcity Brawlers, 291 total penalty minutes in that one and 11 goals, at least all 3 fans in Long Island got their moneys worth for once.

Yeah...the Isles were waiting for this game after Brent Johnson destroyed DiPietro previously.

chadta
02-12-2011, 05:58 AM
It figures, everytime i think a game is going to be good like that because of prior events it never is, so i didnt even bother watching, dammit.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/puMana_bq1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

phillybroncosnut
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM

And Keith Primeau, and Eric Lindros, and Kim Johnsson

Tombstone RJ
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Forsberg to play tonight!! Should be interesting to say the least..obviously he'll be a shell of his former self but if anything..hopefully it lights a fire under some asses cause the Avs are in a free fall!!

I watched the last two periods, they just can't generate any offense, even when Budai has a great game, they end up losing.

TomServo
02-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Forsberg looked like he was two steps ahead of our stiffs. they werent ready for his passes, they went into the corners to "help" him instead of waiting for him to pop the puck out to them.

Tombstone RJ
02-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Yah, Forsberg doesn't look too rusty at all. I'm just hoping they can figure out the offense and make a push for the playoffs.

chadta
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
thats what i get for makin fun of champ, as the lowly kings beat the flyers today 1-0, im sure hell be he soon enough to talk about it tho.

24champ
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Quick was a brick wall, nothing was getting through. It helped that the Flyers played very soft and played that poorly at home, with the crowd booing them. Nice back to back wins.

Ray Finkle
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Ranges win and the Pen's announcers have taken over #1 on my biggest homer announcers...hard to watch if you're a fan of the other team.

SoCalBronco
02-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Ranges win and the Pen's announcers have taken over #1 on my biggest homer announcers...hard to watch if you're a fan of the other team.

Steigy and Errey are not the greatest pair in the world....although Errey can be VERY amusing at times.

Steigy is an embarassment though:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m2om0LsSDk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0xok7ltYvjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chadta
02-13-2011, 05:50 PM

nobody even comes close to rick jennerette, not so much the brutal homerism, but just the voice and the way he freaks out on every goal.

gyldenlove
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
nobody even comes close to rick jennerette, not so much the brutal homerism, but just the voice and the way he freaks out on every goal.

Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond are awesome, they can be slightly homerish but they really know their stuff and they are good at keeping boring games interesting.

Hogan11
02-13-2011, 06:13 PM

That's true.....Sabres fans love him like no other. The Van Miller of Sabres hockey

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JEfbyrKnKc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24champ
02-13-2011, 06:30 PM
For Chadta...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BJCZC2vh3y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Steigy and Errey are not the greatest pair in the world....although Errey can be VERY amusing at times.

Steigy is an embarassment though:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m2om0LsSDk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0xok7ltYvjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah Emery's the guy that tried to paint Tutin as seeing the Cooke hit coming.....

Mike Emeric is still #1 in my poop list.

24champ
02-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Peter Forsberg is going to announce his retirement today.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353836

Tombstone RJ
02-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Noo! Wow, shocking the Avs would bring him back, pay him $1m and then let him "retire." I'm not sure I understand this move.

chadta
02-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Wow i set the over under way too high

gyldenlove
02-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Noo! Wow, shocking the Avs would bring him back, pay him $1m and then let him "retire." I'm not sure I understand this move.

Great way to blow some cap room.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Great way to blow some cap room.

2 games on a prorated $1M contract?

What did they lose? $25k?

chadta
02-14-2011, 11:52 AM

he was over 35 when he signed it, he still counts against the cap even tho he is retired.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
he was over 35 when he signed it, he still counts against the cap even tho he is retired.

That's right, forgot the over 35 part.

gyldenlove
02-14-2011, 11:57 AM

They didn't lose any money, but he will count the full 1 mill against the cap.

24champ
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
They didn't lose any money, but he will count the full 1 mill against the cap.

Yeah but in the grand scheme of things, its not going to matter. Avalanche will likely be sellers come trade deadline time.

chadta
02-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah but in the grand scheme of things, its not going to matter. Avalanche will likely be sellers come trade deadline time.

i dont think they are all that close to the cap anyhow, isnt that one of the complaints that they have been cheaping out ?

BroncoLifer
02-14-2011, 12:16 PM
i dont think they are all that close to the cap anyhow, isnt that one of the complaints that they have been cheaping out ?

It is. The party line is that they're saving their cap space for resigning Stewart, Duchene, etc. when they're up next.

gyldenlove
02-14-2011, 12:18 PM

I fully agree, I don't see them going out and loading up for a cup run this year. Unless they get a good offer I see them standing pat.

cabronco
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
For Chadta...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BJCZC2vh3y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clifford is a man child. Jabbing Carcillo w/ lefts in between Rights.

That clip of Clifford vs. Thorton of the Bruins, Thorton looks like a fullback and the fight looked about even.

Then the other clip shows Carcillo owning Thornton in a fight..go figure.

BTW awesome game by Kings goaltender Quick to get the shutout vs Flyers.

24champ
02-14-2011, 12:32 PM
It is. The party line is that they're saving their cap space for resigning Stewart, Duchene, etc. when they're up next.

They would still have a bit of cap space after they are extended.

The Avalanche need to spend money to retool their Defense and get a decent Goalie.

24champ
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Clifford is a man child. Jabbing Carcillo w/ lefts in between Rights.

That clip of Clifford vs. Thorton of the Bruins, Thorton looks like a fullback and the fight looked about even.

Then the other clip shows Carcillo owning Thornton in a fight..go figure.

BTW awesome game by Kings goaltender Quick to get the shutout vs Flyers.

My favorite part of beating the Cryers, is the fact that d*ckhead Pronger was crying about Stoll owning him on the boards at the end of the game.

LetsGoBroncos
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM

I was thinking that but who are they going to "sell?" This team is very young and you usually only trade guys who are getting older and cost a lot of money. The Avs don't have many if any guys like that.

Rascal
02-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Foote.

24champ
02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I was thinking that but who are they going to "sell?" This team is very young and you usually only trade guys who are getting older and cost a lot of money. The Avs don't have many if any guys like that.

Hejduk could get a decent return, Liles would get interest although he makes a lot of money.

Also just because the team is young, doesn't mean young players won't be getting traded either. Remember last year with Wolski? The Avalanche traded Wolski for Mueller/Porter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stewart traded, since Sacco benched him recently.

LetsGoBroncos
02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Hejduk could get a decent return, Liles would get interest although he makes a lot of money.

Also just because the team is young, doesn't mean young players won't be getting traded either. Remember last year with Wolski? The Avalanche traded Wolski for Mueller/Porter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stewart traded, since Sacco benched him recently.

If they trade any of the following I will be irate. You have to stick with the core and give them time. Injuries have been a huge issue this year too.

Stewart, Stastny, Duchene, Galliardi, O'Reilly

BroncoLifer
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Hejduk has a No Movement Clause in his contract. Sure, he could waive it but he's never given any reason to think that he would.

Smiling Assassin27
02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
that was fast:

Colorado Avalanche forward Peter Forsberg will announce his retirement at a news conference in Denver on Monday.

After being away from the NHL for more than two seasons, Forsberg was signed to a one-year deal with the Avalanche last week.

In Friday's debut agains tthe Columbus Blue Jackets, Forsberg played 22 shifts and finished the game with one shot on goal with a minus 2 rating.

On Saturday against the Nashville Predators, the 37-year-old logged over 17 minutes of ice-time with two shots on goal, four minutes in penalties and a minus 2 rating.

www.tsn.ca

chadta
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
My favorite part of beating the Cryers, is the fact that d*ckhead Pronger was crying about Stoll owning him on the boards at the end of the game.

Really ?

so blindsiding somebody into the boards face first is owning ?

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2011/2/14/1992902/video-jarret-stolls-hit-from-behind-on-chris-pronger

Wow if it was the other way around you would be the first one in here calling for pronger to get 25 games for hitting from behind.

24champ
02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Really ?

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2011/2/14/1992902/video-jarret-stolls-hit-from-behind-on-chris-pronger

Wow if it was the other way around you would be the first one in here calling for pronger to get 25 games for hitting from behind.

Pronger saw it coming, and that's why it wasn't called. He sat there and waited, wanted to draw a penalty. Ref saw what was happening. Like a typical Cryer, he had a hissy fit in the penalty box, swinging his stick around. He should have been tossed.

Q: Was that a case where he hit you from the side?

"No he got me from behind. I knew he was coming, he told me he was coming. I mean there was no where I could go. I had my stick on the puck so I couldn't really put my hands up to protect myself or anything like that. There's not really much else I can do there."

Q: He told you he was coming?

"Yeah. Well I knew he was coming already, doesn't mean he has to hit me from behind though."

LOL ****ing Cryers.

broncocalijohn
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
[B][/Bi wish pronger was on the ducks last year. Could have been the difference between playoffs and out a few spots. I thougth the cryers were the fans and not the players?]

chadta
02-14-2011, 02:59 PM
wow, way to be consistent dood

i mean as long as its pronger its ok right ?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_iw1Z0M5j6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Kj4hDl5zew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2SIBlXswQWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

look at all these guys getting "owned"

gyldenlove
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Really ?

I hate Chris Pronger about as much as it is possible to do so, but that hit was not clean, and it should be penalized.

Those are the type of hits that are never meant to do anything but hurt the guy you are hitting, you are not trying to get the puck, you are not trying to create space, you are just running a guy into the boards.

DBruleU
02-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Not a whole lot of teams have room to absorb big contracts. Salary cap era has really put a damper on the deadline trading.

Not only that, but the Avs aren't big sellers. They aren't going to trade Stewart. He's part of the building process. Just because Sacco sat him means nothing. He's not the dude pulling the trades too. Sherman is and he won't drop Stewart before. Sacco has a better chance of being fired before that happens. Liles I can maybe see being traded. He would get a good return...but his contract would more than likely be an issue as well.

chadta
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
trade action has started already, flyers pick up kris versteeg for a couple draft picks, YIKES one of which is a first rounder.

i dont think he can even crack the top 9 on the flyers so im not sure i see where this makes sense.

24champ
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
wow, way to be consistent dood

i mean as long as its pronger its ok right ?

Pronger makes a living off those type of plays, just like with Cooke. It's great to see them get their own medicine. Glad it happened to Pronger, getting ran into the boards by shrimpy Stoll. He knew what was coming, as Pronger said, so he wasn't blindsided. Refs saw the play unfold exactly that way, and didn't call anything for that.

24champ
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
trade action has started already, flyers pick up kris versteeg for a couple draft picks, YIKES one of which is a first rounder.

i dont think he can even crack the top 9 on the flyers so im not sure i see where this makes sense.

That's actually a good trade for the Flyers. The first round pick, will be in the low 20s. So it won't hurt as much, Flyers added depth to the team with this move.

chadta
02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
awwwwwwwwww poor little mary O is upset :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6120121

extralife
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Peter :(

a top five favorite athlete for me. this is just cruel. I've been depressed all day.

24champ
02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
awwwwwwwwww poor little mary O is upset :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6120121

Mary O threatening to leave the league that helped give his team a new arena. Priceless.

Ray Finkle
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
That's actually a good trade for the Flyers. The first round pick, will be in the low 20s. So it won't hurt as much, Flyers added depth to the team with this move.

for Verstegg? A second would have been good value, a first and a third is being bent over the barrel.

24champ
02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
for Verstegg? A second would have been good value, a first and a third is being bent over the barrel.

You are overrating the draft selections. You have to remember where the Flyers are at, they are one of the top teams in the East, low 1st round pick, low 3rd round pick. For Versteeg, thats about right and certainly gives the Flyers more depth and speed...come playoff time that will pay off. Versteeg is also 24 years of age, already played on a Cup team in his career. Flyers did well, IMO.

24champ
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Got real ugly in tonights Avalanche game. Avs got blown out and giving out cheap shots.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O0YTzVmGjIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
02-15-2011, 09:38 AM
You are overrating the draft selections. You have to remember where the Flyers are at, they are one of the top teams in the East, low 1st round pick, low 3rd round pick. For Versteeg, thats about right and certainly gives the Flyers more depth and speed...come playoff time that will pay off. Versteeg is also 24 years of age, already played on a Cup team in his career. Flyers did well, IMO.

Versteeg is a 3rd line player...they gave up a 1st and 3rd for a third liner....guys with his skill set are a dime a dozen yet they just paid a high value for him.

24champ
02-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Versteeg is a 3rd line player...they gave up a 1st and 3rd for a third liner....guys with his skill set are a dime a dozen yet they just paid a high value for him.

That's the market, again the picks itself are overrated when it comes to a Cup contender like the Flyers. Getting the 29th draft pick in return for a 24 year old that is a proven 40-50 point scorer, is about right. That draft pick likely won't see the NHL for 3-4 years anyway, if ever. What this does, is make the Flyers have more depth for the playoffs. Versteeg is a gamer in the playoffs, 26 points in 39 playoff games.

Ray Finkle
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
That's the market, again the picks itself are overrated when it comes to a Cup contender like the Flyers. Getting the 29th draft pick in return for a 24 year old that is a proven 40-50 point scorer, is about right. That draft pick likely won't see the NHL for 3-4 years anyway, if ever. What this does, is make the Flyers have more depth for the playoffs. Versteeg is a gamer in the playoffs, 26 points in 39 playoff games.

You're missing my point. Versteeg's #'s are/were inflated by the talent of the team he played on. You've now traded a 1st and a 3rd for a 3rd line player. If you trade that package for saying a Center, PP QB, or a goalie, it is value. Other wise you have over paid.

The Flyers have always done very well picking guys in the end of the draft (Giroux comes to mind)...

I know it's a projection, would you trade Giroux and a prospect for Versteeg?

24champ
02-15-2011, 12:36 PM
You're missing my point. Versteeg's #'s are/were inflated by the talent of the team he played on. You've now traded a 1st and a 3rd for a 3rd line player. If you trade that package for saying a Center, PP QB, or a goalie, it is value. Other wise you have over paid.

Versteeg is heading to a talented Flyers team, so I am sure he will fit in just fine. Also he isn't just a 3rd line player, he has also played on the PP and PK. He fits in perfectly with the Flyers. Lets not forget that Nashville gave up a first round pick for Mike Fisher, a 50 point center that is older than Versteeg. That set the market.

The Flyers have always done very well picking guys in the end of the draft (Giroux comes to mind)...

I know it's a projection, would you trade Giroux and a prospect for Versteeg?

No I wouldn't do that deal at all, I don't think anyone does but let me say that it's very rare to find a Giroux type outside of the top 10, its a credit to the Flyer scouts for selecting him. I'm sure the same staff said there isn't a Giroux type player to draft this year in the 29th or later selections.

Ray Finkle
02-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Versteeg is heading to a talented Flyers team, so I am sure he will fit in just fine. Also he isn't just a 3rd line player, he has also played on the PP and PK. He fits in perfectly with the Flyers. Lets not forget that Nashville gave up a first round pick for Mike Fisher, a 50 point center that is older than Versteeg. That set the market.

No I wouldn't do that deal at all, I don't think anyone does but let me say that it's very rare to find a Giroux type outside of the top 10, its a credit to the Flyer scouts for selecting him. I'm sure the same staff said there isn't a Giroux type player to draft this year in the 29th or later selections.

He played the third line in Toronto.

Grioux
Richards
Briere
Carter
Van Res'
Zherdev
Hartnell

You think he's going to play above any of them? I'll give you Z or Van Res...that still doesn't crack the top 2 lines.

Fisher was a massive overpayment. If Ottawa got a second for him, they would have been really lucky.

of the top of my head, here are some late 1st picks that are more valuable then guys selected earlier in the round
TJ Oshie
Mike Green
Giroux (already mentioned)
John Carlson

it's not a crap shoot, there is very good talent at the tail end of the round.

chadta
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm still torn, I still think they overpaid for him, But with the young talent we have, and the window on timmo and pronger they kinda have to go for it now. I think back to the 80s tho when we traded all those #1s away, and got nothing out of it, but in the early 90's we missed the playoffs for years.

This trade makes it 3 straight years in a row with no 1'st round picks, cuz we gave up 2 of em to get pronger. It will come back to bite us in the ass, If we win it all then it really dont matter, but if we dont its sure gonna suck ass

Win and it wont matter

24champ
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
My point is, that the Flyers can afford to take that risk and trade for Versteeg. They already are atop the Eastern Conference, and with the Penguins being the walking wounded and the Capitals are struggling a bit, since they are changing their system.

Flyers must feel the time is now, and pulled the trigger. It's a good trade for a Cup contending team, if it was anyone else (like my Kings) and I would agree its massive overpayment.

Anyway, aside from trade talk. Came across a good site on each teams playoff chances.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Ray Finkle
02-15-2011, 02:23 PM
My point is, that the Flyers can afford to take that risk and trade for Versteeg. They already are atop the Eastern Conference, and with the Penguins being the walking wounded and the Capitals are struggling a bit, since they are changing their system.

Flyers must feel the time is now, and pulled the trigger. It's a good trade for a Cup contending team, if it was anyone else (like my Kings) and I would agree its massive overpayment.

Anyway, aside from trade talk. Came across a good site on each teams playoff chances.

good point....I still think they're are a few teams that will be tough for them in the East. I think the Rangers are a year away since most their blueline is green and they still need a #1 center but I think Canes can do some damage.

BroncosSR
02-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Spot on...

Hercules Rockefeller
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM

Caps blow, they are no threat. This sweet "system" change has resulted in only about 15 less goals than at this point last season.

underrated29
02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
you have to remember that picks in the NHL are not like Picks in the NFL....

most picks do not make the rosters. A lot of them are sent down to polish up before coming to the clubs. Some teams get lucky, and other who are picking top 5 or so, do have their guys make the active roster immediately, because A- the player is SUPER talented, and B- the club probabl does not have all that much talent on it anyway.

A first and a 3rd, is a little high, but when getting a proven player like Verstee, and adding him to your existing talent, it is not that bad.

I still hope the flyers dont win jack though...I have always hated them.. No offense, just not my team- and I do not have a real good reason why either. I just do not like them.

alkemical
02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
you have to remember that picks in the NHL are not like Picks in the NFL....

most picks do not make the rosters. A lot of them are sent down to polish up before coming to the clubs. Some teams get lucky, and other who are picking top 5 or so, do have their guys make the active roster immediately, because A- the player is SUPER talented, and B- the club probabl does not have all that much talent on it anyway.

A first and a 3rd, is a little high, but when getting a proven player like Verstee, and adding him to your existing talent, it is not that bad.

I still hope the flyers dont win jack though...I have always hated them.. No offense, just not my team- and I do not have a real good reason why either. I just do not like them.

I live in PA, and the flyers fans just made me hate them.

broncocalijohn
02-16-2011, 01:38 AM

See why you like that site as it has your Kings making the playoffs over many teams. The whole Pacific Division is a cluster ****. 2 game skid can find you in the cellar. Ducks just came back home from one hell of a sweep of the Avs, Canucks (who barely lose at home since Thanksgiving), Flames and the ****ty Oilers. The site has them below the Kings percentage-wise.

chadta
02-16-2011, 05:11 AM
I live in PA, and the flyers fans just made me hate them.

But it made you like the pens ? Ha! At the same time tho, i can see what you are talking about and at times the fans have made me embarrassed to admit im a flyers fan.

Altho i guess if you grew up anytime that they wernt winning the cup that makes sense cuz you wouldnt be able to find any pens fans ROFL!

I can not tell a lie, i like the flyers for the same reason i like the broncos, orange jerseys from when i was young, you pick a team, and stick with it.

I remember watching the flyers lose to the islanders in 1980 or 81 or whatever it was, i would have been like 7 years old, it was a big deal to stay up late to watch the whole game even on school nights.

alkemical
02-16-2011, 10:49 AM
I was aa pens fan even when they sucked. I even went to see them the year ryan malone and dick tarnstrom were the leading scorers.

chadta
02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I was aa pens fan even when they sucked. I even went to see them the year ryan malone and dick tarnstrom were the leading scorers.

awesome, did you guys ever have a year when you were so bad you even lost the draft lottery.

try being a flyer fan right in between buffalo and toronto, in the middle of 5 years missing the playoffs, the year that hell freezes over and the leafs play the sabres in the quarter finals. It was brutal. Im so glad they both lost LOL

Baba Booey
02-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Don't look now...

http://i.imgur.com/JHcEN.gif

...but a certain team in the NHL is on a Rollvalchuk.

SoCalBronco
02-16-2011, 09:30 PM
But it made you like the pens ? Ha! At the same time tho, i can see what you are talking about and at times the fans have made me embarrassed to admit im a flyers fan.

Altho i guess if you grew up anytime that they wernt winning the cup that makes sense cuz you wouldnt be able to find any pens fans ROFL!

I can not tell a lie, i like the flyers for the same reason i like the broncos, orange jerseys from when i was young, you pick a team, and stick with it.

I remember watching the flyers lose to the islanders in 1980 or 81 or whatever it was, i would have been like 7 years old, it was a big deal to stay up late to watch the whole game even on school nights.

Your daughter is still a Pens fan, right?

She's got good taste. :)

I'm depressed about Pittsburgh this year. I firmly believe if we were totally healthy we would win it. I have no doubt whatsoever. The defense is badass this year with the additon of Paul Martin and Z, the goaltending is there and they'd have a quality center on every line in the postseason (Letestu on the 4th line would be sick). It's a huge shame that all this injury crap happened, but I'm excited for next year. We don't really need anything at this point, maybe a winger or two, but we're set. This team at 100% health is markedly better than the 2009 Cup winner.

chadta
02-17-2011, 05:27 AM

Yes sadly she is, which is ok, im glad she can think for herself and pick something she wants not just go with the flow.

My sons normal tho, he seems to favor the flyers, but honestly just loves hockey, if i flip threw the channel listing and he sees hockey that's what he wants to watch, we've watched more ohl games this year than i can ever remember watching before.

I figure hes got a few more years before he is really set on his team, id like to think he will be a flyer fan, but i really dont want to influence him in any way, other than watching as much hockey as possible with him. In the next few years im going to have to go to a pittsburg philly game with the whole family, im just not sure if i wanna do it in philly or pittsburg.

This is an exciting time for the PA rivalry, never before have both teams actually been really good, i remember looking up the numbers and even back to the old patrick division days, one team was at the top and the other was at the bottom all the way back to the 80s.

alkemical
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
awesome, did you guys ever have a year when you were so bad you even lost the draft lottery.

try being a flyer fan right in between buffalo and toronto, in the middle of 5 years missing the playoffs, the year that hell freezes over and the leafs play the sabres in the quarter finals. It was brutal. Im so glad they both lost LOL

No, the NHL likes the Pens more than the Flyers. :p

alkemical
02-17-2011, 11:12 AM

I'm depressed about Pittsburgh this year. I firmly believe if we were totally healthy we would win it. I have no doubt whatsoever. The defense is badass this year with the additon of Paul Martin and Z, the goaltending is there and they'd have a quality center on every line in the postseason (Letestu on the 4th line would be sick). It's a huge shame that all this injury crap happened, but I'm excited for next year. We don't really need anything at this point, maybe a winger or two, but we're set. This team at 100% health is markedly better than the 2009 Cup winner.

I actually don't want shero moving anyone or making any trades this year. I don't want to over compensate for injuries.

Hogan11
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM
No, the NHL likes the Pens more than the Flyers. :p

Sad but true

alkemical
02-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Sad but true

Your team and fans do it to themselves though too.

Ray Finkle
02-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Rangers win 4-3 SO....happy birthday to Ray...

Alright, NHL's worst announcers:

1. Caps
2. Devils
3. Pens
4. Kings.....these guys suck.

broncocalijohn
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Rangers win 4-3 SO....happy birthday to Ray...

Alright, NHL's worst announcers:

1. Caps
2. Devils
3. Pens
4. Kings.....these guys suck.

Bob Miller? Really?

Hercules Rockefeller
02-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Any list that doesn't have Jack Edwards (Bruins) at the top, loses all credibility.

24champ
02-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Bob Miller? Really?

Probably referring to Jim Fox, who I can see as being annoying to other fan bases. However, Bob Miller is one of the best in the business.

Although anyone that doesn't list the Ducks Haywood in that top 5 doesn't have a clue what an annoying announcer is.

broncocalijohn
02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Probably referring to Jim Fox, who I can see as being annoying to other fan bases. However, Bob Miller is one of the best in the business.

Although anyone that doesn't list the Ducks Haywood in that top 5 doesn't have a clue what an annoying announcer is.

You have stated that before but give examples. Me being a Ducks fan, I havent seen anything that makes him horrible. As a former goalie, I like his takes on the position.

24champ
02-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Not a whole lot of teams have room to absorb big contracts. Salary cap era has really put a damper on the deadline trading.

Not only that, but the Avs aren't big sellers. They aren't going to trade Stewart. He's part of the building process. Just because Sacco sat him means nothing. He's not the dude pulling the trades too. Sherman is and he won't drop Stewart before. Sacco has a better chance of being fired before that happens. Liles I can maybe see being traded. He would get a good return...but his contract would more than likely be an issue as well.

Oh yeah? :giggle:

The St. Louis Blues have traded Erik Johnson and Jay McClement to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk, according to J.P. Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354489

Also in this deal...

St. Louis gets Avs 2nd pick
Avs gets St. Louis' 1st pick

From NHL.com, these are the conditions: "The draft picks will be used in the 2011 Entry Draft unless the Blues have a top-10 selection, in which case St. Louis can opt to transfer its 2012 first-rounder instead. If that happens, the Avs will send their second-round pick to St. Louis in 2012 instead of 2011."

Avalanche did pretty well.

DBruleU
02-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Oh yeah? :giggle:

Also in this deal...

Avalanche did pretty well.

As soon as I saw this trade I first dropped my water in disbelief and then came straight here to give you props. Hard to imagine getting rid of stewy and shatty...but Johnson is a good player. Hope it pans out in long run especially with tthe 1st rounder.

Still very weird trade. Never would have thought it.

Baba Booey
02-19-2011, 02:14 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SHyIIm2QdT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Booyah

Ray Finkle
02-19-2011, 05:22 AM

I very rarely watch Duck's games or their feeds.....it was Fox that I couldn't stand....

Broncos_OTM
02-19-2011, 09:57 AM
i think all oorado spors team ish to gve away all their talent.. pitiful time to be a sports fan in coloado.

underrated29
02-19-2011, 11:08 AM
i think all oorado spors team ish to gve away all their talent.. pitiful time to be a sports fan in coloado.

:spit:
no need to get drunk already.

BroncoLifer
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM

Tulo and Cargo are still Rockies. :hitself:

WABronco
02-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Noob question here...

I'm a hockey fan but I've never bothered to figure out why hockey players that get concussions seem to be out considerably longer than NFL players who are concussed. Is that just a misconception on my part or is there something to that?

gyldenlove
02-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Noob question here...

I'm a hockey fan but I've never bothered to figure out why hockey players that get concussions seem to be out considerably longer than NFL players who are concussed. Is that just a misconception on my part or is there something to that?

I think there are several things to that, firstly it is very obvious when a player gets concussed on the ice, because they fall down a lot plus in terms of the game you are more hindered when concussed in hockey than in football. I also think there is less stigma surrounding concussions as an injury in hockey, I think in football more people think you are not really injured when you are concussed.

bronco militia
02-19-2011, 07:54 PM
It's like the avs have traded chirs drury all over again :(

Rascal
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
rumor:

Stastny, TJ Galiardi and maybe a pick/another player to Los Angeles for Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/02/20/avs-now-with-five-centers-whos-going-to-go/6559/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Kid A
02-21-2011, 12:04 AM
rumor:

Stastny, TJ Galiardi and maybe a pick/another player to Los Angeles for Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/02/20/avs-now-with-five-centers-whos-going-to-go/6559/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Goddammit. I can live with a young team collapsing down the stretch for one year, but if they go all out fire sale on these young guys we were just starting to get excited about...

But hey, I'm not a GM and haven't followed the league all that close the last couple months. They obviously think Stewart and some of these other guys are at peak value.

extralife
02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
I think there are several things to that, firstly it is very obvious when a player gets concussed on the ice, because they fall down a lot plus in terms of the game you are more hindered when concussed in hockey than in football. I also think there is less stigma surrounding concussions as an injury in hockey, I think in football more people think you are not really injured when you are concussed.

you're also more likely to get completely killed if you're skating around under the effects of a concussion in hockey. only receivers and QBs tend to get laid out in football, and then only in specific circumstances. you skate around without knowing what's going on in hockey you're just as liable to end up dead as end up getting by ok.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Noob question here...

I think some of the more high profile players that are out for longer periods right now either have a history of concussions (Savard) which make the next one considerably worse, or with a guy like Crosby, the team failed to diagnose the initial concussion (malpractice) and then sent him back out there the next game where he suffered another one without having the proper recovery time for the first one, the cumulative effect of which knocked him out for the season (and then some, possibly).

extralife
02-21-2011, 02:30 AM
it's a damn shame about Crosby too, given the kind of season he was having.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2011, 02:44 AM
it's a damn shame about Crosby too, given the kind of season he was having.

Yes, I am VERY angry with the medical staff for failing to diagnose the first concussion and allowing him back out there against Tampa Bay. They cost him the Art Ross and the Hart and they very possibly cost Pittsburgh the Cup. At full strength, this is the best team in the NHL. This is far superior to the 2009 Cup team. Just look at them right now, they've got injuries ALL OVER THE ICE and they had Chicago beat on the road for 59 minutes playing with AHL'ers on offense and they're still in the Top 4 in the East. If we were at 100%, we would be TRASHING the entire league (yes that includes you, Detroit and Philly). With the emergence of Letestu, we now have 4 quality centers (who else can say that?), a very strong defense and our goaltender is having a career year and it was all wasted because of the team and staff not taking the proper precautions. The entire medical staff needs to be fired at once. They cost this club millions in lost revenue, so they can GTFO. This was a GREAT, GREAT team, possibly on par with the 1993 team in terms of pure talent. It is a damn shame. At least it basically comes back almost fully intact next year, so I'm expecting nothing less than the Cup next season. There's no excuse.

BroncosSR
02-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Yes, I am VERY angry with the medical staff for failing to diagnose the first concussion and allowing him back out there against Tampa Bay. They cost him the Art Ross and the Hart and they very possibly cost Pittsburgh the Cup. At full strength, this is the best team in the NHL. This is far superior to the 2009 Cup team. Just look at them right now, they've got injuries ALL OVER THE ICE and they had Chicago beat on the road for 59 minutes playing with AHL'ers on offense and they're still in the Top 4 in the East. If we were at 100%, we would be TRASHING the entire league (yes that includes you, Detroit and Philly). With the emergence of Letestu, we now have 4 quality centers (who else can say that?), a very strong defense and our goaltender is having a career year and it was all wasted because of the team and staff not taking the proper precautions. The entire medical staff needs to be fired at once. They cost this club millions in lost revenue, so they can GTFO. This was a GREAT, GREAT team, possibly on par with the 1993 team in terms of pure talent. It is a damn shame. At least it basically comes back almost fully intact next year, so I'm expecting nothing less than the Cup next season. There's no excuse.

Are the Pens playing above their talent level right now? Certainly. That tends to happen for awhile after losing a quality player like Crosby. Don't kid yourself though. The team is gritty but don't be surprised if the wheels fall off at any time.

4 quality centers? Letestu? Really? Come on man. Nobody outside of the Pens organization would believe that. You've been listening to your Homer announcers for way too long. Try the mute button, you'll be better off. As far as I'm concerned, even Staal still isn't playing up to expectations.

Did you really watch the Chicago game? You think Pens were winning that for 59 minutes? Besides the fact the score said they weren't, Chicago owned the puck more than Pittsburgh.

And don't kid yourself. Anybody but Fleury back there and that team is losing games faster than it can count. He's having a ridiculous year and his play is the SINGLE REASON why the Penguins remain competitive.

LetsGoBroncos
02-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Goddammit. I can live with a young team collapsing down the stretch for one year, but if they go all out fire sale on these young guys we were just starting to get excited about...

But hey, I'm not a GM and haven't followed the league all that close the last couple months. They obviously think Stewart and some of these other guys are at peak value.

Completely agree. I haven't been too upset about the recent losing streak because I have focused on the fact that we have had a TON of injuries, and this young team would all be back next year. I'm extremely frustrated with the short-sightedness of the front office and the lack of patience

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the Avs are cashing in this season. They just brought Shattenkirk in via another trade and now they've traded him after a few months of play??

I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is they have given up on the playoffs and they are thinking about next year. They are the youngest team in the NHL, so why screw up any chemistry now? Why start making trades now?

Next thing they will do is dump Sacco. It feels like a cluster right now...

DBruleU
02-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I think the Avs are cashing in this season. They just brought Shattenkirk in via another trade and now they've traded him after a few months of play??

I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is they have given up on the playoffs and they are thinking about next year. They are the youngest team in the NHL, so why screw up any chemistry now? Why start making trades now?

Next thing they will do is dump Sacco. It feels like a cluster right now...

Shattenkirk wasn't brought in via another trade. Not sure where you got that.

It was reported today that Sacco is around for at least another year. That doesn't mean much to me personally...but that's what was said at least.

Tombstone RJ
02-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Shattenkirk wasn't brought in via another trade. Not sure where you got that.

It was reported today that Sacco is around for at least another year. That doesn't mean much to me personally...but that's what was said at least.

You are correct, he was called up from the minors...

SoCalBronco
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Are the Pens playing above their talent level right now? Certainly. That tends to happen for awhile after losing a quality player like Crosby. Don't kid yourself though. The team is gritty but don't be surprised if the wheels fall off at any time.

4 quality centers? Letestu? Really? Come on man. Nobody outside of the Pens organization would believe that. You've been listening to your Homer announcers for way too long. Try the mute button, you'll be better off. As far as I'm concerned, even Staal still isn't playing up to expectations.

Did you really watch the Chicago game? You think Pens were winning that for 59 minutes? Besides the fact the score said they weren't, Chicago owned the puck more than Pittsburgh.

And don't kid yourself. Anybody but Fleury back there and that team is losing games faster than it can count. He's having a ridiculous year and his play is the SINGLE REASON why the Penguins remain competitive.

1. Mark Letestu has great hockey sense and is a very good 3rd line center and a great 4th line center. When he returns from injury, he'll be a longtime contributor to this team. He has it.

2. I agree with you that the wheels will fall off, soon. They simply can't survive all these losses. Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz etc. That's why I don't want Shero to make a move to try and save the season. There is no saving the season. Just let it go. It's over. Don't trade any assets, there's nothing that can be done. Since it is not physically possible for Pittsburgh to win the Cup without Malkin and Crosby, don't try it. Just let it go. I applaud Disco Dan and the coaches for keeping this team very competitive with AHL'ers at forward and yes, Flower is having a terrific year, but he isn't the only reason. Our defense has been great. Letang was having a Norris like season up until a little while ago. Martin and Michalek are absolutely rock solid, those were GREAT signings by Shero. I think we'll only get better on the blueline, too, our prospect pool is super deep and Despres may be ready for the big lights next year. This team will have a tremendous blueline for the forseeable future.

3. Re: Staal, he isn't an offensive juggernaut, yes, but he's never really been one (outside of scoring 29 goals as a rookie). He's a defensive minded forward and a great PK'er. He'll occasionally contribute on the offensive end, but he's a guy that will win several Selke's before he's done.

4. I don't listen to the homer announcers, I've said on this board before that Steigy and Errey are a joke, although the latter can sometimes be very amusing, especially when he does games drunk and doesn't give a ****. I remain convinced that this is the best team in the NHL at full strength. I'm expecting nothing less than the title next year. Flower has matured into an elite player and we have an elite defense. There's simply no excuse outside of continued injury problems, for Pittsburgh not to win it all in 11-12.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
The Dallas Stars have traded forward James Neal and defenceman Matt Niskanen to the Pittsburgh Penguins for defenceman Alex Goligoski.

I'm going to miss GoGo. He is a talent and will be a premier offensive defenseman eventually. Neal is under contract for another year and then he's a RFA after that so we've got his rights for awhile, so I guess he'll be Sid's wingman for the long term, I suspect, which is nice, that should be a very dangerous pair. I think our quality depth of defensemen in the system made it easier for Shero to part with GoGo, as much as I'm sure he likes the kid.

24champ
02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
rumor:

Doubt the Kings make that deal.

SoCalBronco
02-21-2011, 03:45 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8596/penstrade.jpg

Funny stuff. DAL fans not thrilled.

underrated29
02-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Doubt the Kings make that deal.

Hope the kings dont make that deal.

or either switch out stats for someone or add kopitar in the mix......

I just hope that fizzles out

24champ
02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Hope the kings dont make that deal.

or either switch out stats for someone or add kopitar in the mix......

I just hope that fizzles out

Ha!

I wouldn't do the deal since the avalanche would greatly benefit from it. Bernier would be your #1 goalie and would be the best goalie you've had since Roy. Not to mention a Johnson tandem would scare the crap out of everyone in the NHL.

Kings wouldn't trade those players for Kovalchuk. Certainly not for a deal that centers around Statsny.

DBruleU
02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8596/penstrade.jpg

Funny stuff. DAL fans not thrilled.

The trade engine on NHL 11 is rubbish. I couldn't replicate the Avs deal with the Blues for crying out loud!

underrated29
02-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Ha!

I wouldn't do the deal since the avalanche would greatly benefit from it. Bernier would be your #1 goalie and would be the best goalie you've had since Roy. Not to mention a Johnson tandem would scare the crap out of everyone in the NHL.

Kings wouldn't trade those players for Kovalchuk. Certainly not for a deal that centers around Statsny.

good. because I do not want to see it happen. Yes having the #1 overall defenseman and the #1, who was the #3 overall pick a year prior would be sexy, but Stats and TJ are my 2 favs on the avs. And until the avs fix how they want to run their offense it will matter not what pair of defensman we have because taking everything to the outside and scoring 1 goal a game is pathetic.

24champ
02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
good. because I do not want to see it happen. Yes having the #1 overall defenseman and the #1, who was the #3 overall pick a year prior would be sexy, but Stats and TJ are my 2 favs on the avs. And until the avs fix how they want to run their offense it will matter not what pair of defensman we have because taking everything to the outside and scoring 1 goal a game is pathetic.

When you get smoked by the flames, 9-1. The problem doesn't lie with the offense. It's clear what the Avalanche's needs are, goaltending and defense. Sure the Avalanche placed a call to the Kings about those players.

Baba Booey
02-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Niskanen is garbage, but won't have to play a huge role in Pittsburgh's D so the change of scenery might do him good.

Neal is a stud and will only become more dangerous when Crosby returns. They had a surplus on defense and were able to get better in an area of need.

underrated29
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
When you get smoked by the flames, 9-1. The problem doesn't lie with the offense. It's clear what the Avalanche's needs are, goaltending and defense. Sure the Avalanche placed a call to the Kings about those players.

Right.

But 2 studs on defense, even on different lines, are not going to fix the defense more than we will be hurting our offense by losing stats, tj and a high pick.

24champ
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Right.

But 2 studs on defense, even on different lines, are not going to fix the defense more than we will be hurting our offense by losing stats, tj and a high pick.

You have plenty of offensive firepower, and offense alone won't win you anything in the NHL. You will still need a Goalie and some defense upgrades. It's fairly obvious your GM is trying to rebuild the back end. Which you guys should be happy about, it is a smart thing to do.

underrated29
02-22-2011, 11:05 AM
You have plenty of offensive firepower, and offense alone won't win you anything in the NHL. You will still need a Goalie and some defense upgrades. It's fairly obvious your GM is trying to rebuild the back end. Which you guys should be happy about, it is a smart thing to do.

once again, right. Not disagreeing with you at all.

24champ
02-24-2011, 10:59 AM
The exodus in the nation's capital continues as the Ottawa Senators have shipped veteran forward Alex Kovalev to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a conditional seventh-round pick.

If Pittsburgh wins the first round of the playoffs and Kovalev plays in at least fifty percent of the games, the pick becomes a sixth-round selection.

It has been a disappointing tenure for Kovalev in Ottawa after signing a two-year, $10 million deal with the team as a free agent in 2009; however the enigmatic Russian sniper has turned up his game as of late. He has 14 goals and 13 assists in 54 games this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355204

24champ
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
The Anaheim Ducks continued their quest to shore up their goaltending and help their push to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, which arrive in less than two months.

Thursday morning, the Ducks traded goalie Curtis McElhinney to the Tampa Bay Lightning for backup goalie Dan Ellis.

Ellis, who was playing behind Dwayne Roloson in Tampa Bay, is 13-7-6 with a 2.89 goals-against average and a .889 save percentage this season, but is just one year removed from a successful four-year run with the Nashville organization. That included a 23-win season with a .924 save percentage back in 2007-08.

Anaheim is desperate for help as No. 1 goalie Jonas Hiller, an All-Star this season, is battling what he believes may be a case of vertigo. Hiller, who is currently on injured reserve, has had fatigue and dizziness issues for much of the month of February.

The Ducks sit in 11th place in a tightly bunched Western Conference after Wednesday's loss to the Kings, but are just two points out of eighth place.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=553967

gyldenlove
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
The Anaheim Ducks continued their quest to shore up their goaltending and help their push to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, which arrive in less than two months.

Thursday morning, the Ducks traded goalie Curtis McElhinney to the Tampa Bay Lightning for backup goalie Dan Ellis.

Ellis, who was playing behind Dwayne Roloson in Tampa Bay, is 13-7-6 with a 2.89 goals-against average and a .889 save percentage this season, but is just one year removed from a successful four-year run with the Nashville organization. That included a 23-win season with a .924 save percentage back in 2007-08.

Anaheim is desperate for help as No. 1 goalie Jonas Hiller, an All-Star this season, is battling what he believes may be a case of vertigo. Hiller, who is currently on injured reserve, has had fatigue and dizziness issues for much of the month of February.

The Ducks sit in 11th place in a tightly bunched Western Conference after Wednesday's loss to the Kings, but are just two points out of eighth place.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=553967

If there is one thing I know it is that goalies who do well in Nashville rarely shine in other places, Trotz system in countryville is extremely solid and based very much on not giving up quality scoring chances.

SoCalBronco
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Kovy is back!

Never thought I'd see the day. If he had been something other than a lazy ass, he could have been one of the greats. Ton of skill, but just didn't want to work.

In less exciting news, Brooks Orpik is out 4-6 weeks. ****. I'm sick and tired of these damn injuries.

alkemical
02-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Kovy is back!

Never thought I'd see the day. If he had been something other than a lazy ass, he could have been one of the greats. Ton of skill, but just didn't want to work.

In less exciting news, Brooks Orpik is out 4-6 weeks. ****. I'm sick and tired of these damn injuries.

Word.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Sweet goal by Kovy. I still don't think having him AND Neal play with Staal is a great idea. Jordan doesnt create a ton of chances for these guys, his main job is to lock down the other center. Letestu might be a better fit.

PIT 1 TOR 1 End of the first.

24champ
02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Kings win today, but got sloppy at the end. 4-3 over the Avalanche.

http://www.tonyscv.com/coup.jpg

BroncoLifer
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Kings win today, but got sloppy at the end. 4-3 over the Avalanche.

http://www.tonyscv.com/coup.jpg

What site is that?

BroncoLifer
02-26-2011, 06:36 PM
What site is that?

Never mind - found it.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
PIT 6 TOR 5 (SO)

Tons of scoring chances and tons of sloppy turnovers. Finally generating some chances. Kovy with the winner in the SO. Good to win a f'ing game for once.

Ray Finkle
02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Kovy is back!

Kovy is a giant turd....he has only paid off in the playoffs 2 times in his career. 93-94 with the Rangers and the last swing with the Habs.

chadta
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
this just in, dustin penner to the kings for a 1st, some schumck and another pick, otherwise its been a quiet trade deadline day.

edit its colton teubert, and the conditional pick is a 3rd that could become a 2nd

underrated29
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Kings are scaaaaarrrryyy!!

DBruleU
02-28-2011, 12:40 PM
With the Avs out, I hope the Kings go deep into the playoffs.

broncocalijohn
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
If there is one thing I know it is that goalies who do well in Nashville rarely shine in other places, Trotz system in countryville is extremely solid and based very much on not giving up quality scoring chances.

If you saw the Capitals game last week, ANY goalie will be a plus for Anaheim. We were riding high barely out of first and 5 games later, we are in 11th place. Hillis makes the difference for this team. Luckily, Western Conference is a complete cluster ****.

chadta
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
If you saw the Capitals game last week, ANY goalie will be a plus for Anaheim. We were riding high barely out of first and 5 games later, we are in 11th place. Hillis makes the difference for this team. Luckily, Western Conference is a complete cluster ****.

your not still bitter about mcD trading him away are you ?

gyldenlove
02-28-2011, 03:24 PM

That is true, I was just being skeptical that Ellis will relive his Nashville glory days in Orange county.

chadta
02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
a little birdie told me that rags backup marty biron broke his collar bone today in practice.

24champ
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM
HF boards have crashed a few times today, getting a record number of users on the site. 56,000 people were on the site today. Ha!

Kings made two moves, first extending Justin Williams to a 4 year, 14 million dollar contract. That's a fair contract. Then the Los Angeles Oilers made a nice move to get a need, a big LW sniper. Making Greene, Smyth, Stoll, and now Penner as former Oilers on the Kings. With that, the Kings now have added some serious size to their first line and what that will do is wear down teams over the course of a 7 game series.

Kings give up a prospect in Teubert who likely wasn't going to see the NHL in the next couple years. Also gave up a 1st and conditional second or third. Depending on how far the Kings go in the playoffs this year.

Oilers GM Steve Tambellini in response to the Edmonton Sun's Terry Jones asking a question about Colten Teubert's struggles in the AHL. Jones then informed Tambellini that Teubert has been a healthy scratch for the Manchester Monarchs. Tambellini was stunned.

http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/2/28/2021331/who-said-hes-struggling

chadta
03-02-2011, 06:09 AM
God i hate the NHL scheduling

I realize its hard to fit so many teams in so many places with travel and what not, but how the hell can one team have 3 separate times where they go 5 plus days without a game, while also having 4 times where they go 3 games in 4 days.

I had to watch florida vs carolina and buffalo vs new york last night

SoCalBronco
03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I think Bylsma should get some Jack Adams consideration for finding a way to keep this team alive with all these injuries. Much needed win tonight against Boston.

Baba Booey
03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
http://cheezburger.com/Builder/Preview/?source=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.cheezburger.com%2Fimag estore%2F2011%2F3%2F5%2Fb93920b9-81bd-496e-aa51-502f93b4f528.jpg&top=YOU%20ARE&topAlign=center&middle=&midAlign=left&bottom=THIS%20MAD&botAlign=center&font=Impact&fontSize=75&fontStyle=outline&fontOpacity=100&fontColor=White&fontBold=true&fontItalic=false&fontUnderlined=false

Killericon
03-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Jokinen just keeps on giving. Credit to HFboards.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/jules801/Olie1.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/15xsd8p.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2im8dog.gif
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2586/gerberosjokinen.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2069/hymyjuttu52502lski.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/xmn5og.png

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2159/thefonzcopy.jpg

BroncosSR
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
The wheels have officially fell off in Philadelphia. The car is on cement blocks and no one is around...

SoCalBronco
03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Some rumors coming out from a couple different people that Sid is now symptom free and has been working out for 5 straight days without symptoms. He's allegedly close to being back on the ice to get into game shape with the target being close to the end of the regular season so he can get some time in before the playoffs. I have no idea whether this is true or not. Ofcourse, there are alot of wild rumors going around, including his parents supposedly asking him to retire, which has been denied by his parents and his agent.

Personally, even if he is now concussion symptom free and has been working out, I'd still keep him shut down. This is a GREAT team with Sid, given how good the goaltending and defense is, and given the additions of Neal and Kovy, but I still would rather not risk it, Marc Savard style. There's no need to rush back. If he's symptom free that's great...still shut it down till the fall. JMO.

alkemical
03-13-2011, 08:55 PM
No matter what, the decision will be questioned.

gyldenlove
03-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Some rumors coming out from a couple different people that Sid is now symptom free and has been working out for 5 straight days without symptoms. He's allegedly close to being back on the ice to get into game shape with the target being close to the end of the regular season so he can get some time in before the playoffs. I have no idea whether this is true or not. Ofcourse, there are alot of wild rumors going around, including his parents supposedly asking him to retire, which has been denied by his parents and his agent.

Personally, even if he is now concussion symptom free and has been working out, I'd still keep him shut down. This is a GREAT team with Sid, given how good the goaltending and defense is, and given the additions of Neal and Kovy, but I still would rather not risk it, Marc Savard style. There's no need to rush back. If he's symptom free that's great...still shut it down till the fall. JMO.

I would let him skate and practice for another week and a half or so, if he has no ill effects, put him out there on the power play and a few 5 on 5s let him see about 5-10 minutes in a couple of games.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2011, 12:02 AM
I would let him skate and practice for another week and a half or so, if he has no ill effects, put him out there on the power play and a few 5 on 5s let him see about 5-10 minutes in a couple of games.

I don't want him to play whether he has any ill effects or not. I don't believe that simply because he's symptom free that means he has the same risk now as he would in October. Simply getting to symptom free isn't enough. The body needs the proper amount of "normal time", especially with an athlete like this who relies on superior mental/visual abilities. The problem here was that there were two severe concussions back to back which made the problem exponentially worse...and then to top that off they put him on a plane right after that. I would rather just give him another 5 months of no contact than just let him get back to being hit shortly after he's symptom free. This is the most elite talent in the world. I would rather be overly cautious at the expense of a single postseason than risk it.

Also, I'd be careful about damaging the relationship with the family. If something happens in the playoffs, there's a good chance they'll think he was rushed back and it may hamper long term contract issues. I want them to trust and love the Penguins 100%. The Penguins should be telling him we're going to hold off until next season for you...your health, no matter what the consequences are for the playoffs, even though you are symptom free. That's how you demonstrate a commitment to him and his family and engender trust and goodwill.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Looks like the rumors mentioned above are true. This is GREAT NEWS...although I still am opposed to having him play this season.

Crosby Skates for First Time
By Sam Kasan

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was back on the ice for the first time since suffering a concussion in early January.

Crosby, who missed the last 29 games, skated on the ice for about 15 minutes in full gear early in the morning at CONSOL Energy Center. He stick-handled around some cones and shot a few pucks.

“I feel good. It’s really early. It’s just part of progress and trying to get better,” Crosby told www.PittsburghPenguins.com in an exclusive interview. “I felt pretty good doing some light workouts. I was told I had the opportunity to skate. I went out there for 15 minutes to see how I felt. No real plan going forward. I felt good, so that’s a good sign.”

Sidney Crosby Takes the Ice

Crosby, who last played for the Penguins Jan. 5 vs. Tampa Bay, said that he hasn’t had any concussion-like symptoms for a few days. He’s been riding an exercise bike and Monday was his first opportunity to get back on the ice, although he cautioned that he may not even be able to skate Tuesday.

“I may not feel great this afternoon and not be able to skate tomorrow,” Crosby said. “The only reason I was able to skate today is because I’ve had some good days here, done a little bit of exercise and got through that. That doesn’t mean there are any guarantees. It’s just a progression.

“I’ve been symptom free the last few days. That doesn’t mean that when I exert myself that I won’t have symptoms. That could always happen. That’s pretty normal when you have that. It’s a process and we’ll see how things go.”

Crosby is still taking everything day by day, but has been feeling much healthier lately.

“Typical every day things have gotten a lot better,” he said. “I’ve been able to get through days better."

Even though a return to the lineup is still some time away, Crosby felt good about getting back on the ice after such a prolonged absence.

“Just being on the ice is nice after not doing anything really the last few months,” he said. “It’s still in the early stages of things. It doesn’t mean I’ll be able to skate tomorrow. We’ll see how everything goes. It’s one of those things that you go through each day, adjust and see how you feel depending on symptoms and things like that. We’ll see. It’s just nice to be able to get out there.”

For more, see http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=555960&navid=DL|PIT|home

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2011/03/3-14crosbyskate-500x400.jpg

gyldenlove
03-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't want him to play whether he has any ill effects or not. I don't believe that simply because he's symptom free that means he has the same risk now as he would in October. Simply getting to symptom free isn't enough. The body needs the proper amount of "normal time", especially with an athlete like this who relies on superior mental/visual abilities. The problem here was that there were two severe concussions back to back which made the problem exponentially worse...and then to top that off they put him on a plane right after that. I would rather just give him another 5 months of no contact than just let him get back to being hit shortly after he's symptom free. This is the most elite talent in the world. I would rather be overly cautious at the expense of a single postseason than risk it.

Also, I'd be careful about damaging the relationship with the family. If something happens in the playoffs, there's a good chance they'll think he was rushed back and it may hamper long term contract issues. I want them to trust and love the Penguins 100%. The Penguins should be telling him we're going to hold off until next season for you...your health, no matter what the consequences are for the playoffs, even though you are symptom free. That's how you demonstrate a commitment to him and his family and engender trust and goodwill.

I think the problem is that if he misses the rest of the regular season and postseason, he is looking at about 3 months of no hockey during the summer more or less depending how far the Pens get, that would put him out of action for well over 6 months all in all until he starts getting hit again, for a guy who plays at his level I worry that being out for so long might make him a little gunshy.

SoCalBronco
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
PIT 5 DET 4 (OT-SO)

James "MF" Neal saves us from a complete meltdown in the shootout. It doesnt surprise me that we blew a 4-0 lead, though. It's very hard to keep a team like Detroit down for long, especially at the Joe. A big 2 points.

From the practice videos on the team website, it looks like they are planning on Sid being back in about 2-3 weeks. Still not a fan of that idea, but he does look good in the drills and workouts.

Ray Finkle
03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
PIT 5 DET 4 (OT-SO)

James "MF" Neal saves us from a complete meltdown in the shootout. It doesnt surprise me that we blew a 4-0 lead, though. It's very hard to keep a team like Detroit down for long, especially at the Joe. A big 2 points.

From the practice videos on the team website, it looks like they are planning on Sid being back in about 2-3 weeks. Still not a fan of that idea, but he does look good in the drills and workouts.

dude, don't be stealing my "MF" nickname.....I have trade marks on that ****!

SoCalBronco
03-21-2011, 08:32 PM
dude, don't be stealing my "MF" nickname.....I have trade marks on that ****!

Neal hasn't earned it permanently, it was just one very timely shootout goal. So far as I know, the only permanent "MF" designations are you and Jack Williams.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
The Penguins with shootout wins on back to back nights at PHI and also vs. NJ. Flower is just owning it right now. We're closing in on the East lead.

Crosby and Orpik are relatively close to returning to the lineup, as well, per some info out there.

Some Crosby non-contact practice video from today...nice backhand, Sid.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MR3tqRWOVtQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MR3tqRWOVtQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

NUB
03-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Colorado College. Colorado College. Colorado College. Colorado College.

chadta
03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
thank god only 9 more games until the shoot out is no more, after losing 2 in a row, and yes i would still hate them even if the flyers didnt totally suck at them.

chadta
03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
the great one discusses head shots

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=359481

"While he did not directly address the Chara/Max Pacioretty incident, he said that he did not want to see the physical nature of the game go by the wayside due to some unfortunate accidents."

"Gretzky came up with a novel solution on how to protect the star players as he suggested the NHL consider eliminating the instigator rule on a trial basis."

"Let's try it back in the game for one year just to satisfy everybody's curiosity," said Gretzky."

BroncosSR
03-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Hockey and Broncos related: (Western Michigan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSGyAs-BpCI

broncocalijohn
03-28-2011, 12:10 AM
<IFRAME height=61 src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm%3Fid%3D557115&style=normal&source=anaheimducks&service=bit.ly" frameBorder=0 width=50 scrolling=no></IFRAME><!-- End Add Twitter -->
<!-- Begin Add Facebook-->146Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fducks.nhl.com%2Fclub%2Fn ews.htm%3Fid%3D557115&t=Selanne's%20Late%20Heroics%20-%20Anaheim%20Ducks%20-%20News&src=sp)<SCRIPT onclick="var s=s_gi('nhlducksnhlcom,nhlglobal');s.linkTrackVars ='prop1,prop5,events';s.prop1='news';s.prop5='phx' ;s.linkTrackEvents='event27';s.events='event27';s. tl (this,'o','social_widget');return fbs_click()" type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share"></SCRIPT> <!-- End Add Facebook-->
<!-- Begin Add ShareThis-->share (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557115#)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var shared_object = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: 'document.title' }, {button:false,onmouseover:false}); shared_object.attachButton(document.getElementById ('st_sharethis'));</SCRIPT> <!-- End Add ShareThis-->
email (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=557115#)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var shared_object = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: 'document.title' }, {button:false,onmouseover:false}); shared_object.attachChicklet('email', document.getElementById('st_email')); </SCRIPT>

<!-- Widget end. --><TABLE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=40 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://3.cdn.nhle.com/ducks/v2/photos/mugs/thumb/8457981.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 3px" align=middle>Selanne</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Teemu Selanne (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8457981) is the first player in NHL history with four score-tying goals in the final 3:00 of the third period in one season. Selanne has scored all four such goals (all in the last 2:07 of the third) over the last 18 games, including each of the last two contests. The Ducks won all four games in overtime.

Selanne’s score-tying goals:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=413><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 60pt" width=80><COL style="WIDTH: 65pt" width=86><COL style="WIDTH: 66pt" width=88><COL style="WIDTH: 71pt" width=95><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="WIDTH: 48pt; HEIGHT: 15pt" class=xl63 height=20 width=64>DATE</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 60pt" class=xl63 width=80>OPPONENT</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 65pt" class=xl63 width=86>FINAL SCORE</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 66pt" class=xl63 width=88>TIME OF GOAL</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 71pt" class=xl63 width=95>TYPE OF GOAL</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" class=xl63 height=20>Feb. 11</TD><TD class=xl63>@ Calgary (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010020828)</TD><TD class=xl64>5-4</TD><TD class=xl65>17:53</TD><TD class=xl63>6-on-4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" class=xl63 height=20>Mar. 4</TD><TD class=xl63>vs. Dallas (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010020972)</TD><TD class=xl64>4-3</TD><TD class=xl65>18:57</TD><TD class=xl63>6-on-5</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" class=xl63 height=20>Mar. 20 </TD><TD class=xl63>vs. Calgary (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010021085)</TD><TD class=xl64>5-4</TD><TD class=xl65>17:59</TD><TD class=xl63>5-on-4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" class=xl63 height=20>Mar. 23</TD><TD class=xl63>@ Dallas (http://ducks.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010021100)</TD><TD class=xl64>4-3</TD><TD class=xl65>19:53</TD><TD class=xl63>6-on-5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
* all games won by Anaheim in overtime

Ducks now in 7th for the playoffs. If Stars and Flames dont make the playoffs, they can look back at the 41 year young Teemu Selanne for the back breaker. The excitement he shows on the recent game tying goal is refreshing.

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=651&id=104662&server=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=651&id=104662&server=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

<OBJECT id=embed classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=640 height=383>

</p>&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=651&ampampid=104662&ampampserver=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&ampamppageurl=http://video.ducks.nhl.com/videocenter/&ampampnlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></OBJECT>

gyldenlove
03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
the great one discusses head shots

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=359481

"While he did not directly address the Chara/Max Pacioretty incident, he said that he did not want to see the physical nature of the game go by the wayside due to some unfortunate accidents."

"Gretzky came up with a novel solution on how to protect the star players as he suggested the NHL consider eliminating the instigator rule on a trial basis."

"Let's try it back in the game for one year just to satisfy everybody's curiosity," said Gretzky."

Yeah more bareknuckled fist fights will help reduce injuries, no doubt about that.

There is only 1 thing that will help and that is for the owners to grow a ****ing pair and acknowledge that there is a short list of douche nozzles who do not belong in the league and they should be kicked out, and if you do something Matt Cookish then you end up on that list you play the rest of your days for Avangard Omsk.

24champ
04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
http://sportspolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/NHL-Playoffs-Logo.jpg

......The Kings will be there.

chadta
04-07-2011, 04:21 AM
unless the flyers find a switch to turn on the level of play, i see a short playoffs and a long off season in the future.

2 games left, 2 points behind washington, 1 ahead of pittsburg, my worst fear is that we fall to 4th and get tampa, for some reason they can score at will on us, if thats the case i would not be surprised if we went out in 4 straight.

Unless the human sieve Micheal Leighton is really the answer, he just cleared recall waivers, and is expected to be in the lineup against the sabres on friday.

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Adam Foote to announce his retirement today

Hercules Rockefeller
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
2 games left, 2 points behind washington, 1 ahead of pittsburg, my worst fear is that we fall to 4th and get tampa, for some reason they can score at will on us, if thats the case i would not be surprised if we went out in 4 straight.

4 pts back of Washington now. Caps are an OTL by either themselves or Philly from clinching the 1st seed in the East.

That's just sad. They lost 9 games in a row in December and have really not played all that well this season, and there's a damn good chance they're still going to be the #1 in the East.

Smiling Assassin27
04-07-2011, 09:40 AM

was just watching video of he and brendan shanahan brawling back in the glory days. guy put in a distinguished career.

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
was just watching video of he and brendan shanahan brawling back in the glory days. guy put in a distinguished career.

he was flat out nasty all the time and every teams top forwards hated playing against him.

24champ
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Now the Avalanche have no one from the first Stanley Cup?

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Now the Avalanche have no one from the first Stanley Cup?

yes.... and Hejduk is the last player from 2001 unless the Avs resign Tanguay or Drury

24champ
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
yes.... and Hejduk is the last player from 2001 unless the Avs resign Tanguay or Drury

Also read somewhere that Foote is the last Quebec Nordique.

End of an era, best of luck to Foote, I am sure he will be remain with the organization in some capacity, like joining Sakic in the front office.

bronco militia
04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Also read somewhere that Foote is the last Quebec Nordique.

End of an era, best of luck to Foote, I am sure he will be remain with the organization in some capacity, like joining Sakic in the front office.

yeah, that's right

broncocalijohn
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I always thought this could happen but now it may. Dont know if it has been discussed but The Stars need to win in regulation or overtime w/o a shootout to secure the last spot for the Western Conference. This means, and I dont think it has ever been done, that if it comes down to approximately 1:15 left in overtime, the Stars would most likely have to pull their goalie in a tie game to make sure the game is either won or lost in overtime and not a shootout. A shootout win of two points gets them one game behind the Blackhawks of 38 regulation/overtime wins. Food for thought on the game tonight.

chadta
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM

I hear forsberg is going to make another attempt at a comeback

broncocalijohn
04-10-2011, 06:06 PM
How great is the Western Conference this year when the Ducks make the playoffs with a win vs the Kings in the 2nd game left of the season and then move up to the 4th seed with a finale win vs the Kings on the road. If Stars make it in, all teams in the Pacific Division makes it in. That is pretty impressive.

SoCalBronco
04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
SoCal's Picks

EAST
(1) Washington vs. (8) NY Rangers- Washington 4-3

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay 4-2

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo- Philadelphia 4-3

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal- Boston 4-2

WEST
(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago- Vancouver 4-3

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville- Nashville 4-2

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles- San Jose 4-2

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix- Detroit 4-2

WABronco
04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Of course Van gets ****ing Chicago.

Ray Finkle
04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
SoCal's Picks

EAST

WEST

Prick!

SoCalBronco
04-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Prick!

I'm actually strongly rooting for you guys to win the series. I hope you can pull it out, but it will be an uphill battle. I think it will be a great series. Hopefully Hank shows up.

Ray Finkle
04-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm actually strongly rooting for you guys to win the series. I hope you can pull it out, but it will be an uphill battle. I think it will be a great series. Hopefully Hank shows up.

losing Cally really hurts. If Drury can play like he does in the playoffs, there is a chance. The biggest thing is that the Rangers are in the Caps head....well that and if your team has 3 good "stud" like goalies, then you don't have 1.

broncocalijohn
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
SoCal's Picks

EAST

WEST

Prick.
(actually, of all the teams 5-8, this one does worry me as they have been a thorn in the Ducks this year.)

Vancouver
Ducks
Kings (wishful thinking hoping of a matchup in the semis)
Detroit

24champ
04-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Prick!

I agree, eff Socal. His picks suck. ;D

My favorite time of the year is here, unless the Broncos are in the NFL playoffs. It's the big dance, lots of history and I can remember watching a couple games that have gone on till early morning.

Anyway, I am glad the Kings are not playing the Vancouver Canucks, I can't stand their fans and players. I don't know what the Kings chances are vs the Sharks, definitely an underdog but we have a solid defensive corp, solid goaltending and play a style that bodes well for the playoffs. Plus we are likely getting Justin Williams back and also add the fact the Sharks are historically big time chokers in the playoffs. I say the Kings in 6 games for the upset. ^5

My picks.

EAST
(1) Washington vs. (8) NY Rangers- Washington 4-2

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay- Pittsburgh 4-3

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo- Philadelphia 4-1

WEST

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville- Anaheim 4-2

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles- Los Angeles 4-2

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix- Phoenix 4-3

24champ
04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Prick.
(actually, of all the teams 5-8, this one does worry me as they have been a thorn in the Ducks this year.)

Vancouver
Ducks
Kings (wishful thinking hoping of a matchup in the semis)
Detroit

Quacks should get past Nashville easily with the way they have been playing lately. (dry heave)

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Quacks should get past Nashville easily with the way they have been playing lately. (dry heave)

Yes, but will Emery be a OK for the playoffs. Ellis played outstanding vs the Kings but he hasnt played much since Emery took over. Hillis I doubt will see anything if he gets better. He is on the roster but I dont expect anything from Vertigo getting corrected and in a trustworthy matter to play in due or die situations.
That must have been tough for you to make that comment. Listerine might help ya.

chadta
04-11-2011, 04:20 AM
the best part about the playoffs, teams like the kings and pens that have 10 shoot out wins have to actually play the game to win, i think both are gone in the first round, unfortunately im not so sure philly isnt with them, rangers dont have a chance, nor do the ducks, its going to be a quiet NHL thread in 2 weeks when all our teams are out. LOL

Smiling Assassin27
04-11-2011, 08:07 AM
I agree, eff Socal. His picks suck. ;D

My favorite time of the year is here, unless the Broncos are in the NFL playoffs. It's the big dance, lots of history and I can remember watching a couple games that have gone on till early morning.

Anyway, I am glad the Kings are not playing the Vancouver Canucks, I can't stand their fans and players. I don't know what the Kings chances are vs the Sharks, definitely an underdog but we have a solid defensive corp, solid goaltending and play a style that bodes well for the playoffs. Plus we are likely getting Justin Williams back and also add the fact the Sharks are historically big time chokers in the playoffs. I say the Kings in 6 games for the upset. ^5

My picks.

EAST
(1) Washington vs. (8) NY Rangers- Washington 4-2

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay- Pittsburgh 4-3

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo- Philadelphia 4-1

WEST

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville- Anaheim 4-2

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles- Los Angeles 4-2

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix- Phoenix 4-3

Caps in 5
Lightning in 7
Flyers in 6
Habs in 7

Nucks in 6
Preds in 7
Sharks in 5
Wings in 6

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
the best part about the playoffs, teams like the kings and pens that have 10 shoot out wins have to actually play the game to win, i think both are gone in the first round, unfortunately im not so sure philly isnt with them, rangers dont have a chance, nor do the ducks, its going to be a quiet NHL thread in 2 weeks when all our teams are out. LOL

We will always have our Flyers fans bitching about a call that happened one week before though :approve:

24champ
04-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see results similar to the 2006 playoffs. All top seeds in the Western Conference get knocked off. I'm really looking to seeing the Blackhawks take on the Vancouver Canucks, rooting hard for Chicago to pull the upset. It would be an epic meltdown for those whiney fans.

alkemical
04-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Pitt's D is good, and if Fluery is at the top of his game - I can see the pens going past the first round - but without malkin or a crosby - this team doesn't go that far.

Staal is going to be great again for playoffs - but a big time clutch scorer is what's needed to go further.

Beantown Bronco
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Habs in 7

Child, please.

24champ
04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Child, please.

Yeah I think Thomas will carry them far into the playoffs.

Smiling Assassin27
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Child, please.

Yeah, you're probably right. If I had to bet my own greenbacks, no way I take the Habs. Still, I think the Canadiens can win the battle of special teams and if it stays low scoring, they may steal the series despite being outgunned at just about every spot.

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. If I had to bet my own greenbacks, no way I take the Habs. Still, I think the Canadiens can win the battle of special teams and if it stays low scoring, they may steal the series despite being outgunned at just about every spot.

In other words, Smiling spoke out of his ass and doesnt want to fully retreat on it. No way Bruins lose this series. They have the great American in goal.

24champ
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/259hnwi.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
In other words, Smiling spoke out of his ass and doesnt want to fully retreat on it. No way Bruins lose this series. They have the great American in goal.

Um, no. Like i said, it's not inconceivable that the Habs win this series. Is it likely? No. But when I saw the possibility of upset, this series stuck out mainly because of what Montreal did last year in the playoffs and Boston's history of gagging when the lights are bright. I don't need to retreat dude. I'll gladly stand by my prediction. I like Thomas (though i ain't gay for him like you, apparently) a lot but Price ain't a slouch and the B's are gonna give up a lot of shots--they're 2nd to last. If Thomas can't stand on his head, this will get intersting.