PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton led the LEAGUE this weekend with 5 completions of 25+ yards

The MVPlaya
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, thats with Manning passing for 433 yards.

LRtagger
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
noodle arm

RhymesayersDU
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Kyle Orton also tied for last in number of 4th quarter drives to tie or win the game with 0.

Los Broncos
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
But we traded Cutler...

Requiem
09-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Congrats to Orton!

Popps
09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Dink and dunk...

Requiem
09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Dink and dunk...

You enjoyin' a little Dunkin' Donuts this evening too, Popps? :afro:

Williams
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/broncoking16/ortonwhiskey.gif

Los Broncos
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM

Hilarious!

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Such an embarrassing statistic, most embarrassing opening day statistic ever!

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Such an embarrassing statistic, most embarrassing opening day statistic ever!

absolutely embarrantastic

gtown
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
All YAC all the time. Purchase a clue.

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Thank god that got us a w!

ant1999e
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
All YAC all the time. Purchase a clue.

Wrong.

BroncosSR
09-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Who gives a sh*t? We still lost... Personal accomplishments mean jack...

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM

Yeah what happened to stats means **** when we don't win games?

RhymesayersDU
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah what happened to stats means **** when we don't win games?

Stats mean everything when they support one's opinion.

baja
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes but it was in the most embarrassing game since the AFCC in 05.

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Stats mean everything when they support one's opinion.

Like th broncos having a history of qbs putting up nice stat numbers and no wins to go with them? Awesome

RhymesayersDU
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Like th broncos having a history of qbs putting up nice stat numbers and no wins to go with them? Awesome

Exactly.

Like I said, Kyle Orton is tied for last in the league in leading drives that end in scores with under 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Statistics classes would have been more fun with stuff like this.

DeuceOfClub
09-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Kyle Orton also tied for last in number of 4th quarter drives to tie or win the game with 0.

I hate to burst your bubble, but we did tie the ball game at 17 with 11:26 left in the 4th quarter.

baja
09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I like what I see in Orton but he needs to find some 'it' in the 4th quarter.

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 09:19 PM

I like him too but this is the same type of stat that pissed the people off that hate Cutler. Lots of yards good stats no ****ing wins. Now they pump their chests when Orton and McD bring us more of the same. Typical.

BroncosSR
09-13-2010, 09:26 PM
There's 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics...

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I think this thread was created to counter the notion that Orton is a "dink and dunk" QB.

lostknight
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM

And he also sports a rating 20 points below cutler, and one less win.

At the end of the day, the (W)'s matter, and so far, he is 8-9 as a Bronco.

The MVPlaya
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Ok, the point of the thread is to diffuse some of things people were saying about throwing down field... and the over exaggeration of it. So are we not allowed to talk about anything about the game because we lost?

The point is - it was a huge ordeal amongst this board about Orton not going down field, etc etc and how important people say it is, therefore I made this thread.

That's it, telling me we lost is pretty ****in obvious, don't you think?

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Actually 8-8. Chrissy Simms started one of the games last year and **** the bed, can't remember which one.

orangemonkey
09-13-2010, 09:54 PM

But, but, but Kyle Orton "just wins games"

Br0nc0Buster
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Actually 8-8. Chrissy Simms started one of the games last year and **** the bed, can't remember which one.

San Diego
but the game he lost us was the Washington one, Kyle left with a lead and Simms did everything possible to blow it

not sure what would of happened if Kyle would of started the SD game, but we would of won the Washington one had Orton stayed healthy

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I like him too but this is the same type of stat that pissed the people off that hate Cutler. Lots of yards good stats no ****ing wins. Now they pump their chests when Orton and McD bring us more of the same. Typical.

No, the stat proves he can throw down field unlike those that say he can only dink and dunk. The stat is a slam on the nay sayers and has nothing to do with the game. We knew Cutler could throw down field. While you and many whine over the loss like 15 other teams, I am looking at the stat and know he can spread out the defense. It sucks we lost but I will look forward to the next game and get the positives. You can write off the Broncos after week 1 and I will look forward to Seattle coming to town.

Taco John
09-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Orton is the absolute least of our problems right now. I wish we had the luxury to consider Orton a problem.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 10:49 PM

He should be drinking "Embrarassing Absolute"

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 11:07 PM
No, the stat proves he can throw down field unlike those that say he can only dink and dunk. The stat is a slam on the nay sayers and has nothing to do with the game. We knew Cutler could throw down field. While you and many whine over the loss like 15 other teams, I am looking at the stat and know he can spread out the defense. It sucks we lost but I will look forward to the next game and get the positives. You can write off the Broncos after week 1 and I will look forward to Seattle coming to town.

Lol saying stats don't matter when we lost a game is whining now? Right I barley post anything here anymore, I was just stating a fact that we had awesome stats with Cutler and Shanny too, but no wins to go with any of it. I don't care how we win games I just want us to win. So far it's more of the same just with cheaper guys doing it. As for me writing us off **** you I haven't said one thing about how we will do this season. I understand that we have our work cut out for us because of injuries.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry for making that statement Dbroncos but i will keep it there for everyone else. I stand by my statement concerning Orton and the Broncos.

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Sorry for making that statement Dbroncos but i will keep it there for everyone else. I stand by my statement concerning Orton and the Broncos.

Sorry man and I understand what you mean.

The MVPlaya
09-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Lol saying stats don't matter when we lost a game is whining now? Right I barley post anything here anymore, I was just stating a fact that we had awesome stats with Cutler and Shanny too, but no wins to go with any of it. I don't care how we win games I just want us to win. So far it's more of the same just with cheaper guys doing it. As for me writing us off **** you I haven't said one thing about how we will do this season. I understand that we have our work cut out for us because of injuries.

The point of throwing the stat out there is to just make a point of what people were saying about Orton, going down field, noodle arm, etc. That's it.

Saying that we lost the game doesn't really bring a useful dimension to this debate, because we're not defending why Orton is great, we're just talking solely about "going down field." Or how important it is, and I brought up Peyton Manning's stats.

We all know the Broncos lost, thanks for the obvious statement.

Now, if it's the end of the season and we're seeing the same results as cutler and Shanny, then talk.

DBroncos4life
09-13-2010, 11:31 PM
The point of throwing the stat out there is to just make a point of what people were saying about Orton, going down field, noodle arm, etc. That's it.

Saying that we lost the game doesn't really bring a useful dimension to this debate, because we're not defending why Orton is great, we're just talking solely about "going down field." Or how important it is, and I brought up Peyton Manning's stats.

Now, if it's the end of the season and we're seeing the same results as cutler and Shanny, then talk.

Awesome Orton leads the league in passes over 25 yards. How does that make you feel better about losing a game?

The MVPlaya
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Awesome Orton leads the league in passes over 25 yards. How does that make you feel better about losing a game?

you quoted 1 line and then said something I addressed later in the post.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/augies/beingadumbass.png

Kaylore
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Manning put up a bunch of yards too and lost. QB's that are throwing a lot usually means your defense isn't getting it done, unfortunately. Thankfully, Orton is one of our most consistent players and I'm grateful we have him back there.

HAT
09-14-2010, 01:24 AM
I think this thread was created to counter the notion that Orton is a "dink and dunk" QB.

We all know KO is a drink & drunk QB.

Upside down Neckbeard ---------> :afro:

:thumbsup:

ZONA
09-14-2010, 01:30 AM
He wasn't great but he wasn't bad. Wait and see mode here.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Manning put up a bunch of yards too and lost. QB's that are throwing a lot usually means your defense isn't getting it done, unfortunately. Thankfully, Orton is one of our most consistent players and I'm grateful we have him back there.

that wasnt the case in our game as it was close throughout. It was just nice to let Orton throw down field and connect. I hope to see this as a pattern if he keeps being accurate on them....winning or losing.

sixtimeseight
09-14-2010, 03:47 AM
He should be drinking "Embrarassing Absolute"

You're doing it wrong.

watermock
09-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Unreal the dumbasses that think Orton is legit.

watermock
09-14-2010, 04:08 AM
that wasnt the case in our game as it was close throughout. It was just nice to let Orton throw down field and connect. I hope to see this as a pattern if he keeps being accurate on them....winning or losing.

Wow.

hope?

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:30 AM

2009 season:

Cincy
New England
Dallas
San Diego

All come from behind victories in the 4th quarter or OT where Orton had to throw for TDs and didn't turn the ball over.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:32 AM

Anyone who watched Mark Sanchez and still comes away saying that Orton is the biggest dink and dunk QB in the league is clinically insane.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 07:35 AM

Yep, so did Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Brett Favre!

bendog
09-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Ten Longest Plays for Denver Broncos
Ten Longest Plays for Jacksonville Jaguars
VISITOR: Denver Broncos 2 0 0
HOME: Jacksonville Jaguars 3 0 0
Touchdown Scoring Information Offense Defense Special Teams
Yards Qtr Play Start Play Description
41 2 1-10-DEN 26 (:40) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass deep left to B.Lloyd to JAX 33 for 41 yards (S.Considine).
28 1 1-10-DEN 21 (14:56) K.Orton pass short left to D.Graham to DEN 49 for 28 yards (J.Durant).
2-8-DEN 22 (15:00) Game temporarily suspended due to lightning @ 15:17, 33 min delay. Temp 78 deg; Heat
index 80; Humidity 87%
(Shotgun) K.Orton pass deep left to B.Lloyd ran ob at DEN 49 for 27 yards.
Play Challenged by JAX and Upheld. (Timeout #2.)
27 4
25 2 1-10-JAX 33 (:32) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass deep middle to E.Royal to JAX 8 for 25 yards (C.Greene).
25 4 2-10-DEN 43 (7:42) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass deep right to B.Lloyd to JAX 32 for 25 yards (R.Mathis) [Da.Smith].
2-11-DEN 17 (15:00) K.Orton pass short left to E.Royal ran ob at DEN 40 for 23 yards (A.Smith). Temp 93 deg;
Heat index 104; Humidity 55%
23 2
17 3 1-10-JAX 25 (5:37) K.Moreno right end to JAX 8 for 17 yards (K.Morrison).
15 3 1-10-JAX 40 (6:06) K.Orton pass short middle to J.Gaffney to JAX 25 for 15 yards (S.Considine).
13 1 2-9-JAX 40 (13:09) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass short middle to E.Royal to JAX 27 for 13 yards (A.Smith).
13 1 2-10-DEN 7 (7:18) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass short left to B.Lloyd to DEN 20 for 13 yards (D.Cox).

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54867/JAX_Gamebook.pdf

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Anyone who watched Mark Sanchez and still comes away saying that Orton is the biggest dink and dunk QB in the league is clinically insane.

Sanchez can see open receivers down the field and still looks to check down.

jhns
09-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Moral victories are for losers. I didn't see the defense back off. I didn't see the run lanes open up because of this. I didn't see us score after eating big chunks of yards. Why does this stat matter?

watermock
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Moral victories are for losers. I didn't see the defense back off. I didn't see the run lanes open up because of this. I didn't see us score after eating big chunks of yards. Why does this stat matter?

Remember? Yards don't matter.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM

It matters because its on the gamefilm. It may not have affected JAX's gameplan, but it sure might make others take notice. Contrary to popular belief, especially around here, things do not always have to be instant impact to be relevant in the NFL....

barryr
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
There are those that will never see Orton is a good light no matter what he does since he replaced loser Cutler, who is still soem golden boy for some because he can throw the ball hard.

watermock
09-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Irony.

Orton was all Denver gt out of the trade.

bendog
09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Sanchez can see open receivers down the field and still looks to check down.

Lol. He's waiting to be sacked.

jhns
09-14-2010, 08:51 AM
It matters because its on the gamefilm. It may not have affected JAX's gameplan, but it sure might make others take notice. Contrary to popular belief, especially around here, things do not always have to be instant impact to be relevant in the NFL....

We will sure find out if Orton can make defenses respect the long ball. We are going to play some of the better ones early. We sure didn't make the Jags respect it. No one will respect it if we don't make them pay for not respecting it. By pay, I mean score points.

Drek
09-14-2010, 09:04 AM

We're paying Orton a whole lot less and he didn't throw a hissy fit when we drafted his replacement this year.

Orton is not very unlikely to ever be a top 5 QB in the league. He's very possibly a top 10 QB this year though, and that is a pretty solid place holder while we develop someone with top 5 potential.

And Orton will fight to prove me wrong, not go on a radio interview comparing himself to two Super Bowl winning QBs when he's never even gotten into the playoffs.

BroncosSR
09-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Well let's be honest about his "down field" throws... All of them that I can remember were underthrown or poorly thrown balls. Lloyd had to come back or making diving plays for his "deep" balls of 25 yards...

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Well let's be honest about his "down field" throws... All of them that I can remember were underthrown or poorly thrown balls. Lloyd had to come back or making diving plays for his "deep" balls of 25 yards...

fail

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a750d7/Lloyd-41-yard-catch

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 09:18 AM
And this one is as he is getting destroyed by the defender.....poor throw? Looks right on the money to me...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a7706f/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Mile-low-catch

outdoor_miner
09-14-2010, 09:23 AM
And this one is as he is getting destroyed by the defender.....poor throw? Looks right on the money to me...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a7706f/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Mile-low-catch

It's seriously like people don't even watch the games...

Mountain Bronco
09-14-2010, 09:35 AM

Yeah, Kyle is on a 5 game losing streak and is 0-1 this year, the only thing that matters.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
It's funny.

When we win: The biggest bashers of Orton's play love nothing more than pointing out all the flaws and lack of deep passing, etc. It's always, "we won in spite of him."

When we lose: Their argument changes to, "it doesn't matter if he looked good, threw deep and had great numbers.....We lost."

BroncoInferno
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, Kyle is on a 5 game losing streak and is 0-1 this year, the only thing that matters.

It's relevant because one of the major criticisms of Orton was that he couldn't go long. And you know what? It was a fair criticism, but he didn't show much with the deep ball last season. It looks like he's improved that aspect of his game, so why isn't relevant to comment on it? Are we not supposed to look at the positives when we lose? Just bitch and moan?

Acting like it doesn't matter just because we lost is pretty stupid. I guarentee it is something Seattle will note in their preparations for the upcoming game. It could pay dividends down the road if he can be consistent at it. But if you want to bitch and moan about the loss rather discuss different aspects of the team, then there are threads for that. Your comment above is just laziness. Yes, we all want to win. And there are a lot of things that can contribute to that, and we're discussing one of those possible aspects.

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
It's funny.

When we win: The biggest bashers of Orton's play love nothing more than pointing out all the flaws and lack of deep passing, etc. It's always, "we won in spite of him."

When we lose: Their argument changes to, "it doesn't matter if he looked good, threw deep and had great numbers.....We lost."

That hasn't been what I said. I always said he played like **** when the playbook is opened up. Look at the KC game last season. Look at this game. We allowed him to throw deep and he throws to defenders. He had one pick and multiple other passes that hit defenders in both hands. We still didn't score points, even though he had the most 25+ yard completions.

I don't get how this proves that argument wrong. We keep him throwing screens and short passes, he doesn't screw up and doesn't score points. We open it up and he screws up and doesn't score points. Why defend him so much?

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
A two game sample size? Nice way to prove your argument.

The playbook was opened up against Washington last year. He had one of the best, most productive halves of the season...yardage and points-wise.

What about the end of the first half this past week? Same thing. No mistakes and ended in a TD.

The lack of scoring is NOT all on Orton. Electing not to kick the fg, penalties by other players and C Buck's turnover all contributed to 10-21 pts fewer on the scoreboard than we could've had.

bendog
09-14-2010, 10:20 AM
yak yak yak. Nothing about Kyle Orton has changed from when he was drafted out of Purdue and Joe Tiller's program.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Orton,Kyle-QB-Purdue.htm

Arm strength? He never has and never will sprint right out of the pocket, turn and throw 50 yds across the field, and Elway and Cutler could and did. That's not to rehash the Cutler move. It's history. Farve has a better arm than Drew Brees. Armstrength isn't everything. But seeing the latter shanahan years where he had to use half the playbook with SOB and then Plummer should have shown something. McDaniels drafted Tebow for a reason.

But from what I saw, you put Brees in that game with the little time Orton had and the absence of a stud running game, and it's probably no difference. But, then again, I've seen Orton in about ten games over the last two seasons, and I'm still waiting for Bowlen to give me a reason to pay him money to watch this team.

jhns
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM

The playbook was opened up against Washington last year. He had one of the best, most productive halves of the season...yardage and points-wise.

What about the end of the first half this past week? Same thing. No mistakes and ended in a TD.

The lack of scoring is NOT all on Orton. Electing not to kick the fg, penalties by other players and C Buck's turnover all contributed to 10-21 pts fewer on the scoreboard than we could've had.

There aren't many games that we opened up the playbook to show this. The Washington game is not a good example. He made to throws to a wide open receiver. That receiver had to stop and wait 5 seconds for one of those throws to get there. Not exactly great. Then what happened after those two throws? That is correct, not a thing. Orton sucked balls after that and we already had let them come back before he ever left the game. Revisionist history ftw.

By the end of the first half this week, he was lucky that he didn't throw picks. Again, he had multiple passes hit defenders in both hands. He will not be that lucky all season. He better learn ball control again or he will throw more picks than Cutler. He threw a lot more into defenders hands than Cutler did this week.

I do agree that there are other offensive problems. I love Buck but it may be time for him to go. Hopefully it was just a bad game for him though.

HILife
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM

LMAO:spit::spit:

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Orton had a good game. Should have a good year. I'm looking forward to seeing Demaryious on the field.

Tombstone RJ
09-14-2010, 11:06 AM

This never gets old... :pimp:

Rock Chalk
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
yak yak yak. Nothing about Kyle Orton has changed from when he was drafted out of Purdue and Joe Tiller's program.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/Orton,Kyle-QB-Purdue.htm

Arm strength? He never has and never will sprint right out of the pocket, turn and throw 50 yds across the field, and Elway and Cutler could and did. That's not to rehash the Cutler move. It's history. Farve has a better arm than Drew Brees. Armstrength isn't everything. But seeing the latter shanahan years where he had to use half the playbook with SOB and then Plummer should have shown something. McDaniels drafted Tebow for a reason.

But from what I saw, you put Brees in that game with the little time Orton had and the absence of a stud running game, and it's probably no difference. But, then again, I've seen Orton in about ten games over the last two seasons, and I'm still waiting for Bowlen to give me a reason to pay him money to watch this team.

So dont watch. No one is forcing you.

Rabb
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Orton had a good game. Should have a good year. I'm looking forward to seeing Demaryious on the field.

go Broncos

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM

Yeesh, some of the fans on this board would be pretty funny - if they were fans of some other team. The ignorance displayed by Bronco fans in regard to Orton is disappointing.

bendog
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
So dont watch. No one is forcing you.

gee thanks for your approval, dude. :thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
He never has and never will sprint right out of the pocket, turn and throw 50 yds across the field, and Elway and Cutler could and did.

And what's it matter? That's not the game McDaniels coaches.

bendog
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
That was sorta the pt. Did you read the sentences about arm strength not being everything? The sentence near "Favre" and "Brees"

But if Orton really reminds anyone of Brady ... look again. QB is not the worst postion, personnelwise though.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Wow.

hope?

Do you wake up from an all night binge and just play scrabble to put words together to make your posts? Yes, I hope we see more of Orton getting to throw down field more. Why? You dont want him to and hope he fails with the short pass? Get your WIGI board out and put together your next post.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Worse thing about this thread is that bendog is back and didnt stay away like Slap did and the fact that Orton haters will continue to hate on their QB regardless of what happens. You ****ity ****s complained about his lack of throwing the deep ball last year. First game this year, he leads the week in doing so and you guys dont look at it as a positive. You still want to hate on the guy. You guys are such ****ing whiners. Show the true colors that you have and root for the Bears and Cutler. You are a ****ing embarrassment. One week, we lost and not Orton's fault. He is the star of this team and showed improvement from last year. One of you ****heads should start a thread on Buck fumbling the ball or McBean turning into a Raider on one drive instead of piling onto one of the better players of the game.

jhns
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
He is the star of this team

LOL

If you really believe this and you still back McDaniels, I don't see how you can claim to be a Broncos fan.

That is all.

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Worse thing about this thread is that bendog is back and didnt stay away like Slap did and the fact that Orton haters will continue to hate on their QB regardless of what happens. You ****ity ****s complained about his lack of throwing the deep ball last year. First game this year, he leads the week in doing so and you guys dont look at it as a positive. You still want to hate on the guy. You guys are such ****ing whiners. Show the true colors that you have and root for the Bears and Cutler. You are a ****ing embarrassment. One week, we lost and not Orton's fault. He is the star of this team and showed improvement from last year. One of you ****heads should start a thread on Buck fumbling the ball or McBean turning into a Raider on one drive instead of piling onto one of the better players of the game.

LOL imagine this ........... you and me on the same side ........ ;D ..well we still have politics to hate each other over ;D

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
LOL

If you really believe this and you still back McDaniels, I don't see how you can claim to be a Broncos fan.

That is all.

LOL there is alot of things you dont see ...........

jhns
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
LOL there is alot of things you dont see ...........

The opinion of a Raiders fan just doesn't matter.

Br0nc0Buster
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM

pretty much
outside of Kyle throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs a game I dont think the people that dont like him are ever going to give him credit for anything

Its odd that some say he is awful and a statue and dink dunk, etc...but yet they have such high expectations of him it seems
300 yards, 1 TD, 1 pick, 90 QB rating
not fantastic, but not terrible by any standard

Rock Chalk
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
gee thanks for your approval, dude. :thumbsup:

I wasnt offering approval or negativity.

You clearly have a problem with the team and are reluctant to spend money. Why bother watching at all? There are games I havent watched. I havent watched the second SD/Denver game in the past 2 years because I knew what was coming and chose not to invest my energy into wathcing my team get their asses destroyed.

YOu dont like this team. We all get it, so why are you watching them? Boycott. Seems like a logical choice to me.

Spider
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
The opinion of a Raiders fan just doesn't matter.

I can see it now .......... your wife is pregnant she calls you with the good news .....First thing you are going to do is blame orton .......

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
pretty much
outside of Kyle throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs a game I dont think the people that dont like him are ever going to give him credit for anything

Even then, all the credit will go to the receivers. Saw it last year with Marshall.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I can see it now .......... your wife is pregnant she calls you with the good news .....First thing you are going to do is blame orton .......

I think you may have stumbled on something here.

I'm thinking something along those lines has already happened. Short of Orton knocking up his wife or killing a family member, there really can be no explanation for some of the hate seen here.

Spider
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I think you may have stumbled on something here.

I'm thinking something along those lines has already happened. Short of Orton knocking up his wife or killing a family member, there really can be no explanation for some of the hate seen here.

:wiggle:

55CrushEm
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Orton is the absolute least of our problems right now. I wish we had the luxury to consider Orton a problem.

Huh? Not sure I get this, Taco. You "wish" we had a reason to NOT have Orton?

To me that would mean the rest of our team would have to get WORSE, not better.....to force our hand in NEEDING a better QB.

Whatever......I'm probably just not getting what you meant.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
LOL

That is all.

So who is our star on offense? You rank up there with steeledude wanting the Broncos to fail to prove a point.

Br0nc0Buster
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Huh? Not sure I get this, Taco. You "wish" we had a reason to NOT have Orton?

To me that would mean the rest of our team would have to get WORSE, not better.....to force our hand in NEEDING a better QB.

Whatever......I'm probably just not getting what you meant.

I think he means our team would be so good that Orton would be the one holding us back
that clearly isnt the case though, so thats why I think he said he wished we had that "luxury"

jhns
09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
So who is our star on offense? You rank up there with steeledude wanting the Broncos to fail to prove a point.

I would say Clady is the star as of now. We better hope it becomes Thomas or Moreno. Orton is not a star player in this league. Not even close.

I don't really get your talking about wanting the Broncos to fail. When did I ever even imply something like that? I would love for McDaniels to be fired but I don't want to lose for it to happen. I would rather him just get fired now or prove me wrong. You pointed it out though. This team lacks talent. It hasn't gotten more talented because McDaniels values character over talent. The fact that I can name you multiple bad character players on every SB team says that McDaniels is a dumbass that is only hurting this team.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM

Sister. His sister calls him with the good news and he blames Orton.

Spider
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Sister. His sister calls him with the good news and he blames Orton.

:welcome: I didnt think she would be sister again until after the divorce

BroncoMan4ever
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM

If Lloyd had his 2nd foot 3 inches more to his left on that 4th down pass, so many on this board would be blowing Orton right now.

It wasn't Orton not having "it" in the 4th quarter, it was the team squandering chances all game long, stupid penalties, and a bad turnover by Buck that killed them.

Mountain Bronco
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
It's funny.

Seriously, it matters if he looked good and we lost??? Ask Orton what he cares most about, putting up good numbers or winning. It is all that matters in the end.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Seriously, it matters if he looked good and we lost??? Ask Orton what he cares most about, putting up good numbers or winning. It is all that matters in the end.

Reading comp....it's not for everyone

bendog
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM

yeah, I think he'd glady trade for Garrard's stats and the win.

What's funny is that I haven't seen anyone really bash Orton, and there isn't really anything to bash. He's not John Elway who was capable of sustaining 4th qtr drives consistently in 3rd and 5 or more. He doesn't even have Cutler's arm. Those are facts. It's what he brings or doesn't bring. If you have to come from behind, it's a lot easier to do it with a guy who forces a defense to try and cover 50 yds deep with 7 players than a guy with not as strong an arm. But you can have the strongest qb ever, and he's gonna stink it up without wrs and an oline. All throws and especially longer throws will be inaccurate with pressure. That isn't bashing Orton, though some here seem to think facing facts is ... evil.

The best offense in the NFL last year was the saints. Brees isn't a big armed guy. I think he's got a little more arm strength than Orton, but maybe not. Neither guy is going to make a living throwing 15 yd outs like even Craig Morton could drill. Instead, it's timing. New Orleans had 7 guys with over 300 yds recieving. A lot of that is RAC. I vaguely recall Montana running over the broncos with taylor and rice.

I really don't see Orton as being able to elevate his game to the level of Brees. I don't think McDaniels does either, and that's why he drafted Tebow. Orton's nowhere near being the worst qb in the NFL though. But I really question the hypersensitivity to questioning Orton's ability here. It's like people putting hands over there ears and saying "I can't hear you." lol

Mountain Bronco
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah, I think he'd glady trade for Garrard's stats and the win.

What's funny is that I haven't seen anyone really bash Orton, and there isn't really anything to bash. He's not John Elway who was capable of sustaining 4th qtr drives consistently in 3rd and 5 or more. He doesn't even have Cutler's arm. Those are facts. It's what he brings or doesn't bring. If you have to come from behind, it's a lot easier to do it with a guy who forces a defense to try and cover 50 yds deep with 7 players than a guy with not as strong an arm. But you can have the strongest qb ever, and he's gonna stink it up without wrs and an oline. All throws and especially longer throws will be inaccurate with pressure. That isn't bashing Orton, though some here seem to think facing facts is ... evil.

The best offense in the NFL last year was the saints. Brees isn't a big armed guy. I think he's got a little more arm strength than Orton, but maybe not. Neither guy is going to make a living throwing 15 yd outs like even Craig Morton could drill. Instead, it's timing. New Orleans had 7 guys with over 300 yds recieving. A lot of that is RAC. I vaguely recall Montana running over the broncos with taylor and rice.

I really don't see Orton as being able to elevate his game to the level of Brees. I don't think McDaniels does either, and that's why he drafted Tebow. Orton's nowhere near being the worst qb in the NFL though. But I really question the hypersensitivity to questioning Orton's ability here. It's like people putting hands over there ears and saying "I can't hear you." lol

Agreed, Orton isn't a bad NFL QB, but he isn't great either. Top 15 maybe. With Orton you need a strong running game (no evidence of that here) and a top defense (haven't seen that either).

He will put up good, but not elite numbers all year, but how many games will we win? If we do say, toss it 45-55 times a game and win it, can he?

bendog
09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Agreed. And he never complains and isn't a jerk. He took abuse in Chicago and then came here with all the Cutler drama.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM

The 2 are not mutually exclusive though :welcome:

Some people have a very limited view of the big picture in football, as this board proves every day, yet they are fans with emotion and a lot of free time spent arguing over their opinions.

Case in point, Peyton Manning had 400+ yards and three TD's in the loss to HOU on SUN, and it was a very desperate performance where he was hit all game and still did his best. Yet, the Colts went down Flaming thanks to ST's and a defense that got pushed off the POA like GB in DEN's SB run.

The QB has a great influence on the outcome of games, no Doubt. However, the rest of the team has to play better than the other team too. In this case, Orton was above average and certainly did enough to get a win. However, the Jags won almost all the individual and matchup battles. Including Gerrard, who had a career day. Sometimes you just get beat, no matter HOW the QB plays.