PDA

View Full Version : We only had 10 men on the field during one of the Jags TDs

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Doh !!!

watching sports nation on espn ... they just showed us in the 3 jeers section for only having 10 guys on the field when the jags scored to go up 14-7...

Pass play to corner for a TD .... I never even noticed and didn't hear announcers or anyone say anything ...

Dagmar
09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Cool!

chadta
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
at least now we have an excuse

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Cool!

by now you have had to of figured out why people keep starting threads with no title or body or are you just that dense ?

Anaximines
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
They mentioned this in the broadcast I was watching.

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
They mentioned this in the broadcast I was watching.

ahhhh i missed it then , or was yelling at the tv ...

Taco John
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, someone mentioned it in game chat too...

elsid13
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Situational Football at it's best.......

Dagmar
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
by now you have had to of figured out why people keep starting threads with no title or body or are you just that dense ?

I thought it was fixed. And I was just messing bro :wiggle:

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, someone mentioned it in game chat too...

I was in there as well ... I just totally missed it ...

Sometimes people in chat rooms game is a little ahead of me so i don't stare at chat for fear I'll hear something before i see it ....

So i try to glance after a play ...

O well ... my bad LOL ...

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
And I was just messing bro :wiggle:

Yea man , You kill me , so we all good ...

Taco John
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I was in there as well ... I just totally missed it ...

Sometimes people in chat rooms game is a little ahead of me so i don't stare at chat for fear I'll hear something before i see it ....

So i try to glance after a play ...

O well ... my bad LOL ...

No biggie. I think it's a worthwhile point.

bendog
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Alphonso Smith was there but invisible.

DHallblows
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it's ridiculous that it happened.
But the broadcast both mentioned it and showed a replay where they counted the players...

yerner
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
shut up. mcd has them prepared.

Clockwork Orange
09-13-2010, 03:46 PM
On the broadcast they said it was Vickerson. FNG.

broncosteven
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I do think you get this kind stuff when you have HC and DC's who are learning how to be HC's and DC's. Everyone makes mistakes but it would be nice to not spot teams easy TD's because personell matchups are wrong or missing players at key times.

broncosteven
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
On the broadcast they said it was Vickerson. FNG.

That what happens when guys are pulled off scrap heaps a week before the season starts. Would have thought someone on the coaching staff could have caught it and called a TO.

PRBronco
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I do think you get this kind stuff when you have HC and DC's who are learning how to be HC's and DC's. Everyone makes mistakes but it would be nice to not spot teams easy TD's because personell matchups are wrong or missing players at key times.

I kinda chalked it up to confusion due to so many linemen subbing in and because of the heat. I hope that's all that went wrong :-/ I had pretty much the worst stream and could barely tell wtf was going on.

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Doh !!!

watching sports nation on espn ... they just showed us in the 3 jeers section for only having 10 guys on the field when the jags scored to go up 14-7...

Pass play to corner for a TD .... I never even noticed and didn't hear announcers or anyone say anything ...

Where were you. Didn't you watch the game?

DenverBrit
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
They ran out of ways to throw the game, so shorthanded was all they had left. ;D

gtown
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I thought confusion on defense left when Slodick left. Guess I was wrong. Our mental mistakes have seemed to increase the last few years. Beating ourselves is inexcusable.

vanbrugh
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Headsets weren't working?

Lots of BAD MENTAL MISTAKES! HOPEFULLY CORRECTABLE!

Florida_Bronco
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Headsets weren't working?

Lots of BAD MENTAL MISTAKES! HOPEFULLY CORRECTABLE!

The headset issue apparently happened after the storm. Electronic equipment + water = problem.

PRBronco
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
The headset issue apparently happened after the storm. Electronic equipment + water = problem.

Anyone hear if the Jags' headsets were busted too?

Florida_Bronco
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Anyone hear if the Jags' headsets were busted too?

Not that I know of.

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Where were you. Didn't you watch the game?

At home watching the game on sunday ticket LOL .... chatting in the chat room ...

It was one of those multi task fails. :spit:

Soon as the Jags scored I figure I was yelling at the tv and didn't hear announcers say it , and just missed it in the chat room spam . If something major happens during the game , at that moment the chat room spams a mile a min. and just missed ...

The point of this thread was more about being bummed that we gave up a TD short handed , then me not hearing we did it LOL ...

All in all we did ok , and maybe if we didn't give up a short handed TD and Mcbean gifting them points as well we win by 10 ...

kmartin575
09-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Doh !!!

Were you watching the game on tv? I'm pretty sure they mentioned it before the ball was even snapped and they mentioned it again after the break.

enjolras
09-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I mentioned this in another thread... but I think it just points to the issues we're experiencing largely because of our insanely chaotic pre-season. There was a LOT of these types of errors. Think of all the delay of games on offense. Getting the calls in and set on defense. The combination of young players, young coaches, and bad luck during the preseason really led to a LOT of issues yesterday.

LRtagger
09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
It was a dumbass mistake, but it wouldnt have made a difference. It was Vickerson who didnt sub in. As if he would have had any affect on the play.

NYBronco
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
That what happens when guys are pulled off scrap heaps a week before the season starts. Would have thought someone on the coaching staff could have caught it and called a TO.

Another instance that contributed to McD's emotional meltdown on the Quinn screw up.

go_broncos
09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I thought we draft smart players..It might be Nolan's fault.

broncosteven
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I thought we draft smart players..It might be Nolan's fault.

We draft smart players but apparently we take what we can get when picking through others team trash. Vickerson was cut by another team and we picked him up a week ago.

broncogary
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Were you watching the game on tv? I'm pretty sure they mentioned it before the ball was even snapped and they mentioned it again after the break.

Yes, they did mention it before the ball was snapped.

Hulamau
09-14-2010, 10:10 PM
We draft smart players but apparently we take what we can get when picking through others team trash. Vickerson was cut by another team and we picked him up a week ago.

Vickerson also laid a wicked hit on MJD in the backfield dropping him for a loss. He hadnt been with the team a full week when he was on the field. ... think we can wait a couple weeks before tar and feathering him and running him out of town entirely.

_Oro_
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

See for example, Rich Quinn.