PDA

View Full Version : 5,200 Unsold Seats at New Meadowlands Opener

400HZ
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Empty seats mar New Meadowlands Stadium unveiling
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 13, 2010 1:43 PM ET
Football is more popular than ever. That's why the scores of empty seats during the opening of the New Meadowlands Stadium on Sunday was so embarrassing.

"It's heartbreaking," running back Brandon Jacobs said after the game.

As detailed by Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, the two sections of club seats in the mezzanine level opposite the Giants bench were almost completely empty. A typical price for one of those seats: $12,500 for a PSL and $500 per ticket.

The seats aren't seen on television, so they aren't quite as embarrassing as the empty seats at Yankees and Mets games. But they represent another cold miscalculation by out of touch owners that somehow overpriced the most overpriced sports fans in the country.

Myers writes that roughly 5,200 seats were unsold. Despite almost unending demand.

The Giants love to point out that they are classier than the Jets. But they treat even their obscenely rich fans with similar disdain. (Only obscenely rich fans are allowed in the mezzanine level, of course.)

How about the Giants admit a mistake, drop the prices, and let some of the fans they say they care so much about watch some football?

The unsold seats are only going to grow after opening day.

My guess is that we'll be seeing a lot of this around the league. Listening to billionaire owners bicker with millionaire players all offseason has honestly put a damper on my love for the NFL, and I doubt I'm alone. Especially when you see stuff like this. The whole concept of a PSL is ridiculous.

boltaneer
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Whether by choice or necessity, it's good to see fans speaking with their wallet.

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Catering to the corporations and their $$$ while ignoring the fans who built the franchises and this is what you get.

baja
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Catering to the corporations and their $$$ while ignoring the fans who built the franchises and this is what you get.

...and it couldn't be more pleasing

TailgateNut
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
If the Broncos keep "sanitizing" the experience they'll have empty seats soon enough.

24champ
09-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree with 'Nut. NFL has begun phasing out the Tailgating scene and driving away the fans that actually support their team regardless of how good the team is, the weather etc.

A review of guidelines at several stadiums found that other NFL teams are moving their tailgaters farther away from stadiums or instituting stricter rules.

In Chicago, the Bears prohibit fans without tickets from being in stadium parking lots during the game. According to newspaper reports, that was done to discourage drunkenness and troublemakers.

Like the Cowboys, the Washington Redskins also announced they were moving tailgaters to the back of some of their lots.

Hans Steiniger, a Detroit resident who is documenting his tour of every NFL stadium at his Quest for 31 Web site, said tailgating is much less of a free-for-all than it once was. Teams and the league seem to be much more concerned about fire safety, security and cutting down on drunkenness.

Brett Daniels, a Cowboys spokesman, said the rule changes that started last year were designed to benefit everyone going to the games. He said locating the tailgaters at the edge of the parking lots gives them a grassy, landscaped setting for their parties and also separates them from the rest of the traffic.

"It gets them out of the driving lanes and pathways of the incoming cars coming into the stadium," Daniels said.

Shelby Kelly, a member of the Cowboys Nation Syndicate tailgating group, said she's optimistic about the move to the new stadium and what it'll mean for fans. Like players, fans often resist changing their routines and rituals.

"I know people are upset about the change at the moment, but I think in the long run they're going to see that it has some huge benefits, not just networking but getting to know the community and your fellow fans," Kelly said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/082009dnmettailgating.3cc6c8d.html

New York Jets fan Luke Maxson says the NFL's push to crack down on drunken and disruptive fans by limiting tailgating to 3 hours before each game might be the "final nail" that makes him give up his 16 season tickets.

Maxson, an ad executive from Mahopac, N.Y., and his brother Dave already are exchanging their lower-level seats for upper-deck seats at New York's new $1.6 billion stadium next season to avoid paying tens of thousands of dollars in personal seat license fees. He calls tailgating limits a money grab by teams wanting to force fans to pay for food and drink inside stadiums. If the NFL and its teams are so worried about drunken fans, they should drop alcohol sales and sponsorships, he said before the Jets' game Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-11-18-1a-cover-nfl-fans_N.htm

Eventually it's not going to be worth the hassle and money for most fans.

gunns
09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
They take the fans for granted. I think a work stoppage next year will open their eyes to where their money really comes from. And by then it may be too late. I never, ever thought I could give up on the NFL, I still don't know if I can not watch games but I would have no problem with this thing blowing up in their face.....and mainly their wallets.

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Eventually it's not going to be worth the hassle and money for most fans.

It already isn't worth it IMO, and I say that as I was able to go to the game this Sunday here in Jax. We paid $250 for 2 tickets alone, I couldn't imagine a full season of tickets, parking, food, stadium beer, etc. I have Sunday Ticket, and a nice TV for cheaper than one year of season tix. No hassle of having to fight traffic and park, I can have friends over to hang out and grill, comfy couch, etc.

tsiguy96
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
definitely not worth going to more than one game a year, and even then, only if its convenient.

TailgateNut
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, to be honest, if it weren't for my better half, I would have given up this year.
Heck, I could buy a 60" HD entertainment center with the money I spend on tickets each year and take a vacation to an island with the money spent on parking and tailgating supplies.

.....and then considering the rules designed to "De claw" the home field advantage and fan participation, it just leaves a ****ty taste in my mouth. Then add in the bandwagon/ fairweather fans, and I just want to kick the **** out of some asshole who desparately needs an asskicking. The ****ing R E S P E C T blip they run on the jumbotron makes me want to barf. Bunch of sell out clowns!

SouthStndJunkie
09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
That's simply too much money for seats to a regular season football game.

Even people that can afford those prices, realize that taking 4 people to a football game and spending $2000 on the tickets alone (not including the PSL) is a lousy ROI.

That One Guy
09-13-2010, 10:03 PM
That's simply too much money for seats to a regular season football game.

Even people that can afford those prices, realize that taking 4 people to a football game and spending $2000 on the tickets alone (not including the PSL) is a lousy ROI.

ROI? What exactly are you investing in? That "investment" is as sound as Enron stock.

I've mentioned numerous times my disdain for where everything is going. Add that atop the fact that I didn't really care for a live game and I'm perfectly content sitting at home.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I go to games for 50 to a 100 bucks a ticket. Take the Bronco Bus in for like 5 bucks and carry a sack of beers. Have a beer each half and water. Cheap as you can do it.

SouthStndJunkie
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
ROI? What exactly are you investing in? That "investment" is as sound as Enron stock.

I've mentioned numerous times my disdain for where everything is going. Add that atop the fact that I didn't really care for a live game and I'm perfectly content sitting at home.

You are investing your free time and your entertainment money into those tickets.

If you don't feel like you receive adequate enjoyment from that investment, then you don't buy the tickets.

That term doesn't apply only to financial investments.

baja
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Last game I went was a pre season game I took my daughter and wanted to treat her to good seats I paid $750 for Club level - never again

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 06:34 AM
I really think it is time for the fans to show the owners and players a lesson. We really need a website of Season ticket holders across the NFL. We need a season ticket holder and Fan UNION!

In essence, Screw them in their fight over our money being divided. The players think they made a statement with their one finger gesture, fans need to come together to show the NFL we do not appreciate the current fan situation!

I propose that we as fans boycott the week 12 games of the NFL season completely and simply NOT show up to any of the games. Yes, we eat the tix price and simply NOT show up and leave the stadiums eampty for TV. We agree to not buy any NFL merchandise that week, not watch any of the games on TV, and basically destroy this ridiculous agreement that leaves fans out in the Cold and lets people with big money eat revenue!

This would be a huge sacrifice to most of us fans, but it would make a serious point to the entitled NFL that the fans are NOT going to take a labor stoppage and if it happens it WILL hurt your bottom line.....

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Problem is, the tickets are already sold. The owners have already made their money there. They'd lose a little on parking and concessions, but that figure is a fraction of 1 percent of what they get from every other part of the team.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Problem is, the tickets are already sold. The owners have already made their money there. They'd lose a little on parking and concessions, but that figure is a fraction of 1 percent of what they get from every other part of the team.

No, its not about the Ticket money. It's about the TV revenue. You drop the ratings by 10,000% for a game and the NFL will lose money on their TV revenues. That is where they are making the money, not ticket sales. Plus, the road team owners will not lose anything.

It's about telling the NFL they are a bunch of entitled and greedy Bastards who have lost their audience that pays their bills. It can be done, but it would take a huge vision and great fan base support!

Plus, we want them to see what their support will be if there is a work stoppage. Less revenue to split for both sides and it not being an idle threat like the Unions ridiculous posturing....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Personal seat licenses are the culprit here. Absolutely insane to fork over 12k just to have the right to buy tickets at full price. Bat**** insane.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 06:50 AM
No, its not about the Ticket money. It's about the TV revenue. You drop the ratings by 10,000% for a game and the NFL will lose money on their TV revenues. That is where they are making the money, not ticket sales. Plus, the road team owners will not lose anything.

I was focusing on the "don't go to the game" portion of your argument.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Seriously, I hear a ton of Moaning and Crying around here. Let's Turn that energy into something worthwhile!

This should be the NFL FAN BAN. Week 12 or later so all the bye weeks are done. Every NFL FAN agrees to do something else that week. No buying NFL merchandise. No Going to Games. No watching on TV. This would be a real statement to the owners. And, it would really represent the fans view of this whole stupid overpriced piece of Entertainment.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 06:54 AM
I was focusing on the "don't go to the game" portion of your argument.

It's a sacrifice, but nothing will get the NFL's attention more than 16 empty stadiums and No one watching on TV. See, People in the US have a hard time giving up things ;D

If you want to make a point you have to be willing to sacrifice. The media would absolutely LOVE to see Empty Stadium's across the league. Those are Pictures that will remain FOREVER! Any time the NFL wants to just screw the customer (fans) so that they can become more wealthy, all you need to do is activate the FAN UNION and show them the pictures!

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 07:01 AM
I will personally guaranty that I won't watch any games on tv or in person next year if there is a lockout. :)

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 07:06 AM
I will personally guaranty that I won't watch any games on tv or in person next year if there is a lockout. :)

I knew someone else would step up!

Wait, what sacrifice! Nnyah!

Mountain Bronco
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
With HD TV and the programing available why would anyone pay that much. I usually go to at least 1 broncos game a year, but it is a financial blood bath for me (travel, lodging, tickets (ouch), and drinks/food at the games it is a $1000 weekend minimum.

Who can aford that in this economic time?

Especially for the Broncos and similar teams who have to pull from the region (I live 5 hours away) and not just Denver.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
It's a sacrifice, but nothing will get the NFL's attention more than 16 empty stadiums and No one watching on TV. See, People in the US have a hard time giving up things ;D

If you want to make a point you have to be willing to sacrifice. The media would absolutely LOVE to see Empty Stadium's across the league. Those are Pictures that will remain FOREVER! Any time the NFL wants to just screw the customer (fans) so that they can become more wealthy, all you need to do is activate the FAN UNION and show them the pictures!

It's a great idea, but how many are actually willing to sacrifice? Not many.

Season ticket holders will still want to make their money back, and people want to go to the games.

Again, the idea is nice. It just doesn't work as a practical application.

colonelbeef
09-14-2010, 08:43 AM
The Giants have an extremely wealthy fanbase, richest in the league, but they definitely overpriced the tickets for a multitude of reasons.

The PSLs are a slap in the face to longtime season ticket holders, and with home theater setups being the way they are nowadays, it's jsut more comfortable for the older Giants fan to sit in his 2 million dollar place in Westchester and watch the game on his 60 inch HD, rather than go freeze his ass off in December in New Jersey.

The younger fans simply don't have the money.

watermock
09-14-2010, 08:45 AM
They take the fans for granted. I think a work stoppage next year will open their eyes to where their money really comes from. And by then it may be too late. I never, ever thought I could give up on the NFL, I still don't know if I can not watch games but I would have no problem with this thing blowing up in their face.....and mainly their wallets.

I've been drifting towards the SEC.

Problem with college is so many blowouts,

TailgateNut
09-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I've been drifting towards the SEC.

Problem with college is so many blowouts,

Put out the MainSail and "sail on outta here. :wiggle:

Oh, and take jhns, gobroncos, and the other negative nancies with ya.

Cito Pelon
09-14-2010, 09:45 AM

That would certainly be a wake-up call.

That One Guy
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't blame the NFL for trying to make as much as they can. Anyone would do that. I blame other fans who are willing to pay it. If noone bought PSLs, they'd have disappeared as fast as the idea came to be. However, if they succeed and people will still buy them, it'll be spreading throughout the league.

So what can we do to fight back? Convince our friends, family, etc not to pay the outrageous prices for tickets and merchandise. Don't pay above face value to allow other fans to keep giving owners incentive to keep raising the bar on prices. As long as there's a waiting list for season tickets, the prices will keep going up and they'll continue charging full price for preseason tickets. Fight them back by refusing to play ball.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 11:11 AM
It's a great idea, but how many are actually willing to sacrifice? Not many.

Season ticket holders will still want to make their money back, and people want to go to the games.

Again, the idea is nice. It just doesn't work as a practical application.

Yeah, that is completely the point. In order to make it work you would need the cooperation of a lot of greedy people themselves ;D

We all want everything we can get at the lowest possible cost (see Walmart). This is the one thing the NFL would actually have to take into account if they lost Revenues for a whole week. It would totally screw up any actual cash for use on next years business.

In order to make your point here, people have to give up their time and money for one weekend of games. Go to a local High school game or College game and do not participate in SUN or Monday football for the NFL.

The problem is, the whiners do not want to do anything to make it better. They would prefer to wave their wands and "be heard". Nothing is further than ridiculous in today's clutter of information world. In today's world you have to be "felt" ;D

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Yeah, that is completely the point. In order to make it work you would need the cooperation of a lot of greedy people themselves

Bingo.

There's a reason the NFL players' "big protest" for week one was a finger in the air. What is that? Oh yeah. It's free. There's literally no cost or effort involved. How noble of them.

24champ
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that is completely the point. In order to make it work you would need the cooperation of a lot of greedy people themselves ;D

We all want everything we can get at the lowest possible cost (see Walmart). This is the one thing the NFL would actually have to take into account if they lost Revenues for a whole week. It would totally screw up any actual cash for use on next years business.

In order to make your point here, people have to give up their time and money for one weekend of games. Go to a local High school game or College game and do not participate in SUN or Monday football for the NFL.

The problem is, the whiners do not want to do anything to make it better. They would prefer to wave their wands and "be heard". Nothing is further than ridiculous in today's clutter of information world. In today's world you have to be "felt" ;D

I don't think we are at that point of protesting the NFL games...yet. People still enjoy going to games and being part of the experience. Until the majority don't like going anymore, there won't be a protest in the near future.

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't think we are at that point of protesting the NFL games...yet. People still enjoy going to games and being part of the experience. Until the majority don't like going anymore, there won't be a protest in the near future.

I agree completely. We have 2,000 armchair QB's who just want to complain and moan with their keyboards about their team every week. I figured out a long time ago this is not a place for Football discussion, it is a place to vent or cheer and be emotionally safe.

Personally, today I could care less about seeing another NFL game all year. Life is too short to spend it investing so much of my time in football anymore. I want to spend my time caring about the people I am blessed to have around me. The ones who irritate the hell out of me when they want to talk or play while I am trying to watch the intricacies of the game and take notes.

So, I love the idea. The NFL FAN BAN. Send a message to the NFL Owners and players that your over inflated since of self worth is going to cost you if you make us not have football next year. Personally, I think it would be fun to run something like that.

tsiguy96
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree completely. We have 2,000 armchair QB's who just want to complain and moan with their keyboards about their team every week. I figured out a long time ago this is not a place for Football discussion, it is a place to vent or cheer and be emotionally safe.

Personally, today I could care less about seeing another NFL game all year. Life is too short to spend it investing so much of my time in football anymore. I want to spend my time caring about the people I am blessed to have around me. The ones who irritate the hell out of me when they want to talk or play while I am trying to watch the intricacies of the game and take notes.

So, I love the idea. The NFL FAN BAN. Send a message to the NFL Owners and players that your over inflated since of self worth is going to cost you if you make us not have football next year. Personally, I think it would be fun to run something like that.

absolutely 100%. no more $8 per beer. costs them .10c, they are trying to ruin the fan experience to increase their bottom line, its not sustainable.

400HZ
09-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I have already decided not to attend any NFL games until something in the current situation changes. The NFL stadium experience is unbeatable, but taking my wife to three games at beautiful and fan-friendly Target Field to watch our beloved Twins instead of one football game for the same price isn't even a debate right now. We're lucky to have some financial flexibility. Most of our old football tailgating friends have been priced out.

Tombstone RJ
09-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I'd love a week 12 boycott just to show the owners who really has the power... but no way enough people will participate which is too bad. This kind of message is one the owners would hear loud and clear.

I'm still pissed at Bowlen for the way he screwed long time season ticket holders with the new stadium. Yah, he got a nice big new revenue stream but he also started pricing out the blue collar, working class fans who bleed orange and blue.

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 06:56 AM
You know, it could be done in this day and age. All it takes is the right group of fans in every market to come together. Fans are emotional and obviously have a TON of free time on the internetz ;D

Really the only thing stopping this from happening is someone to step up and lead it! I might know someone locally who can help. But we would need to get people involved right away. This could be a total grassroots effort and absolutely shake the NFL and the culture. All it needs is a little publicity in every city. Fans who call into talk radio and spend all day on fan websites have an absolutely huge advantage over owners and players who have to work during football season.

Obviously, the OM reaches to DEN fans all over the country. We could start there and just take an open poll on who is interested in doing SOMETHING instead of just whining and b****ing ona computer all day about there favorite team! In fact, having people who will use the internet all day, WHILE b****ing about their team would be ideal!

The internet and Talk radio would be the ideal place to keep Identities anonymous and still get this done. I am going to make some calls and if I think we can get it done, I am going to make a poll on who wants to help.

rbackfactory80
09-15-2010, 07:19 AM
You know, it could be done in this day and age. All it takes is the right group of fans in every market to come together. Fans are emotional and obviously have a TON of free time on the internetz ;D

Really the only thing stopping this from happening is someone to step up and lead it! I might know someone locally who can help. But we would need to get people involved right away. This could be a total grassroots effort and absolutely shake the NFL and the culture. All it needs is a little publicity in every city. Fans who call into talk radio and spend all day on fan websites have an absolutely huge advantage over owners and players who have to work during football season.

Obviously, the OM reaches to DEN fans all over the country. We could start there and just take an open poll on who is interested in doing SOMETHING instead of just whining and b****ing ona computer all day about there favorite team! In fact, having people who will use the internet all day, WHILE b****ing about their team would be ideal!

The internet and Talk radio would be the ideal place to keep Identities anonymous and still get this done. I am going to make some calls and if I think we can get it done, I am going to make a poll on who wants to help.

I love the idea and would participate but I only go to a game every couple of years and never buy NFL merchandise. I watch on TV and that is it. I am as casual a fan as there is. The last game I went to was Denver at NY when Eli had his coming out party.

TailgateNut
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM

My first question is: What are you trying to accomplish with this?
Second: Do you REALLY believe you could get enough backing for your effort to be greater than a fly turd on the wall?

It's not an issue of costs to me. My main gripe is the Sterilization of fans, the stadium and the whole tailgating experience, and with the coming out party for the Whine and cheese crowd and the de-balling of the rest of the fans I doubt this trend will be reversed.

Get ready for Wimbleton type atmospheres.

I wont be attending anymore (SOON).

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I love the idea and would participate but I only go to a game every couple of years and never buy NFL merchandise. I watch on TV and that is it. I am as casual a fan as there is. The last game I went to was Denver at NY when Eli had his coming out party.

You actually could still play a large part by not watching ANY NFL football on SUN or MON. The TV ratings drop will seriously anger sponsors who Really are the ones who fund NFL Salaries and payrolls. The TV ratings drop will mean more financially than the stadium no show. However, the pictures of empty stadiums are priceless for eternity.

Steve Sewell
09-15-2010, 08:27 AM

Agreed. Money talks, bull**** walks.

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Second: Do you REALLY believe you could get enough backing for your effort to be greater than a fly turd on the wall?

It's not an issue of costs to me. My main gripe is the Sterilization of fans, the stadium and the whole tailgating experience, and with the coming out party for the Whine and cheese crowd and the de-balling of the rest of the fans I doubt this trend will be reversed.

You're a ****ing idiot.

mod note: attachment deleted due to unfiltered "f-bomb"

bronco militia
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
someone's about to get a vacation

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 09:15 AM

I missed this earlier.

I would be interested in doing this, because it is SOMETHING that could be actually done in today's information age. I am really sick and tired of going to games, paying stupid amounts of money on merchandise, and think the fans should make their own UNION to combat the greed of professional sports.

The one thing I see everday is parents trying to make their kids into Winners at any cost, just like the big boys. I coach and have kids in sports and I really am tired of seeing parents live vicariously through their children's exploits. I would really like to get across to the World that even though I love football and sports, enough is enough :welcome:

The players, agents, and owners make way too much money from corporate deals. In case people have not noticed, corporations are getting their asses kicked because they have been fleecing people for a long time in order to maximize their profits for bonuses. Screw the stockholders, companies just want their money and will say and do whatever it takes to make them look viable. On top of that, they are the ones spending the lions share of this huge Pie of money that goes to the NFL.

Now, I do not know this figure for sure, but Between ad revenues that fuel the enormous TV contracts and corporate largesse in season tickets and suites, plus expense accounts on fictitious "taking Clients to games" I would say corporate America invests roughly 75-80% of the GDR that fuels players contracts and the leagues coffers.

That means we the fans only are responsible for anywhere from 20-25% of the NFL's revenue's. That means we are getting left behind in the greater grab for more revenue of corporate america and the NFL. Why do you think the game environments have changed so drastically over the last 10 years or so? They ARE catering to the "wine and Cheese" crowd :welcome: That is what is fueling their coffers!

That's why!

TailgateNut
09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
someone's about to get a vacation

What did this newb say (aside from calling me an "idiot") that warrants a vacation so soon? I see he quickly edited his post

bronco militia
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
What did this newb say (aside from calling me an "idiot") that warrants a vacation so soon? I see he quickly edited his post

I figure the pic will get him the free vacation

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I figure the pic will get him the free vacation

It's always been on my list of stuff to do to get a vacation from a internet BB.:welcome:

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM

I didn't edit anything.I added the post,then a few seconds later added the pic that I thought fit the bill.

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
It's always been on my list of stuff to do to get a vacation from a internet BB.:welcome:

I hear the Jets are looking for fans for their Bandwagon. You would do real well with New York fans, you know just in case ;D

TailgateNut
09-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I didn't edit anything.I added the post,then a few seconds later added the pic that I thought fit the bill.

Were you born a moron or is it a learned trait?

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I hear the Jets are looking for fans for their Bandwagon. You would do real well with New York fans, you know just in case ;D

**** boy,I've been watching Bronco football since way before all of this cake boy BB internet click bull****.Just because you get on here and read about football don't mean **** to me.

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Were you born a moron or is it a learned trait?

This coming from the dumb ass who says the football environment will soon be tennis like.Have you ever had tea and crumpets at Wimbledon? I bet you have.

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 09:49 AM
**** boy,I've been watching Bronco football since way before all of this cake boy BB internet click bull****.Just because you get on here and read about football don't mean **** to me.

1. I do not read about football, I have been around football my whole life.

2. That you had a reaction strong enough to post that picture means you are a little emotional. Having a reaction to my sarcastic comment about you posting that picture means you could use some anger management skills ;D

3. Seriously, the Jets are in the middle of a Sexaul harrassment suit for being politically incorrect with a fake Reporter. That, plus the fact that your handle was JET at the end of his career could have been funny to you.

4. It was never supposed to mean anything to you. It was supposed to be a joke.

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 09:58 AM
1. I do not read about football, I have been around football my whole life.

2. That you had a reaction strong enough to post that picture means you are a little emotional. Having a reaction to my sarcastic comment about you posting that picture means you could use some anger management skills ;D

3. Seriously, the Jets are in the middle of a Sexaul harrassment suit for being politically incorrect with a fake Reporter. That, plus the fact that your handle was JET at the end of his career could have been funny to you.

4. It was never supposed to mean anything to you. It was supposed to be a joke.

1 Being around football again means nothing to me.Everyone thinks they're a GM cause they read the internet or subscribe to twitter or whatever.

2 If you are some kind of DR,go **** yourself.

3 I hate the jets

4 The pic was funny so the vacation would be worth it.Besides I have 10 accounts on here and have been on here since the start.....Good luck keeping me off of here.You internet football guys have a lot to learn.

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 10:03 AM
1 Being around football again means nothing to me.Everyone thinks they're a GM cause they read the internet or subscribe to twitter or whatever.

3 I hate the jets

4 The pic was funny so the vacation would be worth it.Besides I have 10 accounts on here and have been on here since the start.....Good luck keeping me off of here.You internet football guys have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the honest assessment Bro. Keep up the good work.

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMpsttlXye8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMpsttlXye8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

bronco militia
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM

of course you do

TailgateNut
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
This coming from the dumb ass who says the football environment will soon be tennis like.Have you ever had tea and crumpets at Wimbledon? I bet you have.

Hey, you little fuqwad, I've been attending games for a long damn time, at last count I missed 3 in the last 16 years, and two of those were pre-season games, and I watched the atmosphere deteriorate with my own eyes, so don't talk about crumpets to me. I might find a few and proceed to shove them down your throat. You come in here and attack me without knowing a goddamn thing about who I am.

****ing needle"richard" bugfugger!

Atwater4life
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey, you little fuqwad, I've been attending games for a long damn time, at last count I missed 3 in the last 16 years, and two of those were pre-season games, and I watched the atmosphere deteriorate with my own eyes, so don't talk about crumpets to me. I might find a few and proceed to shove them down your throat. You come in here and attack me without knowing a goddamn thing about who I am.

****ing needle"richard" bugfugger!

Right......Typical internet tough guy.I bet you smacked the **** out of your wife because of this eh?Maybe dragged the kids (prob not yours anyway) across the yard to show them how you roll.....You remind me of a f@ggot I knew in school.Real bid mofo,talked all kinds of ****,and had everyone scared.Aint nothing like putting you puzzies on your knees and watching you beg for your pitiful little worthless lives.Good times......

:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
09-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Right......Typical internet tough guy.I bet you smacked the **** out of your wife because of this eh?Maybe dragged the kids (prob not yours anyway) across the yard to show them how you roll.....You remind me of a f@ggot I knew in school.Real bid mofo,talked all kinds of ****,and had everyone scared.Aint nothing like putting you puzzies on your knees and watching you beg for your pitiful little worthless lives.Good times......

:spit:

I'm sure you "carnal knowledge" of this "******" you speak of, and you most likely were his Biaotch!

Blueflame
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM

*mod mode* "Family smack" is not tolerated on the OrangeMane message board. You're new here so you might not have been aware of the rule. Mention of another poster's wife or children is a zero-tolerance violation. Please do not let it happen again.

*/mod*

That One Guy
09-15-2010, 01:00 PM
*mod mode* "Family smack" is not tolerated on the OrangeMane message board. You're new here so you might not have been aware of the rule. Mention of another poster's wife or children is a zero-tolerance violation. Please do not let it happen again.

*/mod*

The guy claims to speak of putting someone on their knees and making them beg for their life while family smacking... he needs a trip.

More importantly, who is the girl in your cup and where can I buy a cup with her inside? :D

rmsanger
09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm here for the tuna!

LonghornBronco
09-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Sergio Kendle signed. Thats 40, count'em fourty player from UT in the NFofL.
:strong:

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Sergio Kendle signed. Thats 40, count'em fourty player from UT in the NFofL.
:strong:

What? And the price of tea in China is :welcome:

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM

I hope there is a strike or lockout for that very reason. I think it helps the fans.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2010, 04:10 PM

sounds like a little of our stadium. I like South Stands now with the seats and cup holders but the club level and their ilk suck, the noise from underneath the south stands is gone and we added under 100 seats to a brand new stadium. Say what?

Blueflame
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM

3 I hate the jets

Not from your current IP, you don't.

Blueflame
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
The guy claims to speak of putting someone on their knees and making them beg for their life while family smacking... he needs a trip.

More importantly, who is the girl in your cup and where can I buy a cup with her inside? :D

He's new here and perhaps is unaware of the rules... however, his posting style has "come to moderator attention" and if there are any further offenses, they will be dealt with.

Dunno who the girl is... it's just a graphic I came across on the 'net. :)

KipCorrington25
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
This thread got really dark really fast...

Mediator12
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM
This thread got really dark really fast...

Yeah, it did ;D

That is what happens when you have a good idea, someone who does notlike it throws out bombs to try and blow it up!

Oh well, need a few more people here locally to commit to this and I think I run with it!

TailgateNut
09-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah, it did ;D

That is what happens when you have a good idea, someone who does notlike it throws out bombs to try and blow it up!

Oh well, need a few more people here locally to commit to this and I think I run with it!

I keep hearing that "revolution song". :rofl:

As if you are going to get enough peeps to stay at home and not sell their tickets.:rofl:

Mediator12
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I keep hearing that "revolution song". :rofl:

As if you are going to get enough peeps to stay at home and not sell their tickets.:rofl:

You know what, you never know until you try. Sometimes people will go with the flow. Right now, I just want to see how people react.

400HZ
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Bolts TV blackout official
BY KEVIN ACEE
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010 AT 1:18 P.M.

What once was commonplace but then seemed unthinkable for a team that has been among the NFL's most successful has come to pass again.

The Chargers fell about 7,000 tickets short of selling enough non-premium seats to Sunday's home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars, and so the game will be blacked out on local television.

The blackout brings to an end a streak of 48 straight regular season and postseason games broadcast locally. After a Nov. 7, 2004 game against the New Orleans Saints, no game since has been blacked out.

The string followed a seven-year period, from 1997 to 2003, in which the city purchased enough tickets to every home game (after the first two in '97) to avoid blackouts. Before that, at least one home game was blacked out each season from 1985 to '94. Between '85 and '92, only seven home games were shown locally.

The Chargers said recently that more than 10,000 tickets remain for their next home game, Oct. 3 against the Arizona Cardinals.

The Chargers have won the third-most regular-season games in the NFL since 2004, the biggest reason for their stretch without a blackout.

Team President Dean Spanos recently attributed the difficulty selling tickets to the poor economy and perhaps fans' lingering disappointment over the team's most recent playoff loss.

The closest TV markets that will be allowed to show Sunday's game are in El Centro/Yuma and Santa Barbara..

400HZ
09-16-2010, 03:09 PM
It sounds like Oakland's home opener is blacked out, too.

boltaneer
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I heard on the radio today that 11 home openers this year have the possibility of being blacked out.

Chris
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I just got a chuckle looking at both your avatars in succession. Is Rivers trying to listen for a crowd noise?

boltaneer
09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I think he's doing the Hulk Hogan in my avatar. ;)

TailgateNut
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I heard on the radio today that 11 home openers this year have the possibility of being blacked out.

Well, if you have a suck ass team with fairweather fans, this will happen.

TailgateNut
09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
I think he's doing the Hulk Hogan in my avatar. ;)

No, he listening to himself pass gas, and in the other he's sniffing it!

TailgateNut
09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
You know what, you never know until you try. Sometimes people will go with the flow. Right now, I just want to see how people react.

You might want to start with the 49er game. (good chance that many will stay at home for that one):wiggle:

I'll even join the "cause".

400HZ
10-05-2010, 09:09 PM
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, Oakland had attendance of 32,218 at last week's game.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/05/time-chargers-win-road/

broncocalijohn
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
According to the San Diego Union Tribune, Oakland had attendance of 32,218 at last week's game.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/05/time-chargers-win-road/

that is a lot of dumb people that still support that team in person. Rams had that amount from one of their last games in 94 in Anaheim.

400HZ
10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
that is a lot of dumb people that still support that team in person. Rams had that amount from one of their last games in 94 in Anaheim.

I wonder if this season will finally get Al Davis forced out. 32k tickets sold is terrible. People in Oakland will get to see 8 games live this year, and those will be 8 road games where the Faid will most likely be embarrassed. Great way to invigorate the fan base.

Rohirrim
10-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Greed killed baseball, but they think it can't kill football. :oyvey: