PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes!

HAT
09-13-2010, 08:23 AM
16 other teams lost this weekend too.

Jax was 7-9 last year, Denver was 8-8. Jax was at home.

Only THREE road teams won this week so far:
One of those was GB, who are a SB favorite. The other 2 road winners played Buffalo and St. Louis.

Onward.

gyldenlove
09-13-2010, 08:24 AM

Only THREE road teams won this weekend.:
One of those was GB, who are a SB favorite. The other 2 road winners played Buffalo and St. Louis.

Onward.

I think you may be wrong about 16 other teams losing, some people would say it was 12 (Vikings lost Thursday and 4 teams have yet to play).

Beantown Bronco
09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey! There are still 2 games to go tonight. Don't ruin the endings for me!

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM

Only THREE road teams won this weekend.:

Onward.

Don't point out the obvious to all the supposed fans here, they would rather wallow in misery and say "I told you the Broncos suck!" than acknowledge that this Jags game was very close and the Broncos had opportunities to win this game.

But whatever...

Spider
09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
hey! There are still 2 games to go tonight. Don't ruin the endings for me!

lol

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I wasn't happy with the outcome, but I can see the offense has improved. Especially Orton. Defense is learning a slightly different system and our O-line needs work, but these things will happen when you miss pre-season. I can only imagine how much all teams will struggle early with only 2 preseason games.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
The Broncos played against a very physical running team on the road in 90 degree heat and nearly 100% humidity. They made some very critical errors (penalties + Buck fumble) that would absolutely bury most teams. In addition, a cadre of key players who are just coming back from lengthy absences due to injury were in the game.

I will give the Broncos this...they are a tough ass team, and will win quite a few games if they can eliminate stupid mistakes.

Also, I can't wait to see what this offense does with Bey Bey stretching the field. Orton is going to have a field day.

Finally...we better get our run offense together for the Colts game in a couple of weeks!

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I will give the Broncos this...they are a tough ass team, and will win quite a few games if they can eliminate stupid mistakes.

I agree. We are in every game. No more of these blow out losses that seemed to litter Coach Shanahan's final 3 years. Chiefs game last year excluded. These guys just need to learn to overome the hump and it starts with the defense getting some stops.

NFLBRONCO
09-13-2010, 09:28 AM
We lost to a team we should have beaten. Is it the end of the world NO. This team will get better each game we play. Imo no matter if this team goes 5-11 or 10-6 we have alot of work to do to take another step forward.
This is an average talented team that with solid drafts and young player growth in next few years we will be on the rise again. I expect two more top 12 draft picks.

bronco militia
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
We lost to a team we should have beaten. .

mehhh......I think the Broncos might be on par with the Jags.

we just have bigger expectations.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
We lost to a team we should have beaten. Is it the end of the world NO. This team will get better each game we play. Imo no matter if this team goes 5-11 or 10-6 we have alot of work to do to take another step forward.

The bottom line is that a team like the Broncos is going to have a tough time REGARDLESS against a strong running team like the Jags on the road in that kind of heat/humidity. The fact that they were even in the game with the kind of mistakes they made is telling in its own right. I have a feeling that the Broncos are going to blow the Seahags out of the building if they bring mistake-free football to the tablle next Sunday. I have a lot of confidence that they will get some of the errors corrected.

Taco John
09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't care how hard you try to make it otherwise, I will always feel bad after Broncos losses. I'm glad that there are some who can shrug them off. I've always had difficulty with this since I was a kid.

Thankfully, my 4 year old enjoyed watching the game with me, so I was able to find some refreshement in that loss.

go_broncos
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Only THREE road teams won this week so far:

Onward.

Name some teams that won only 2 games out of last 11.
You will not find that many.
Josh started fast and he is unable to adjust once team figured out his style.

Ray Finkle
09-13-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't care how hard you try to make it otherwise, I will always feel bad after Broncos losses. I'm glad that there are some who can shrug them off. I've always had difficulty with this since I was a kid.

Thankfully, my 4 year old enjoyed watching the game with me, so I was able to find some refreshement in that loss.

same here.....usually I used to sulk for a day or two. After Mira and now Eila have been born, it's not that bad. The Raiders game last year took me a while though.

It sucks, we lost but I see winning more than losing....

Archer81
09-13-2010, 09:52 AM

Along with your ridiculous abuse of the English language, you are wrong about the Broncos, too.

The Broncos are no where near what Josh wants in a team. Further along then last season, certainly. Will it mean automatic wins? Hardly. Again I tell you reality is not Madden. You cannot change the difficulty to Easy and adjust the sliders so you have an all world defense. No one has "figured out" the Broncos. The Jaguars did not use big play after big play to beat Denver yesterday. They made fewer mistakes, and that does not equate into being outschemed.

You remind me of another idiotic poster with your moronic takes and bad grammar. The only difference is a lack of emoticons.

:Broncos:

rbackfactory80
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Plain and simple people had higher expectations this year than the previous years. That is what has lead this to be the most ridiculous overreaction I have seen since I joined the board.

Throw in the fact that not many teams are sharp week one and suit it up for next week. We are gonna win some we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't. Thus is the nature of the beast called the NFL.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM

Interesting. What's his "style"?

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
mehhh......I think the Broncos might be on par with the Jags.

we just have bigger expectations.

Agreed. The are big and physical and run the ball tough.

Br0nc0Buster
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah I dont see the disaster some saw
Jags are not a garbage team, always play us tough, we always struggle in Miami in the heat
We shot ourselves in the foot over and over again with stupid penalties and ST gaffs
and we still had the ball at the end with a chance to tie/win

Dissapointed that we lost, but this does not end our season

baja
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Enjoyable thread - gives me hope we have turned the corner on the Shanahan/Cutler fan base polarization. Feels like we are finally getting back to the old Orange mane around here and that's a very good thing. ;D

baja
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Chicago played yesterday and not one Cutler thread this AM.....

Think I'll go start a Cutler thread... ;D

Archer81
09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Chicago played yesterday and not one Cutler thread this AM.....

Think I'll go start a Cutler thread... ;D

You give Damien a run for his money.

Now Im just waiting to get hit by a crane while I run into a construction site.

baja
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
You give Damien a run for his money.

Now Im just waiting to get hit by a crane while I run into a construction site.

Oh I won't go that far but I might cause you to become pregnant.

PS You would make a good farther JMO

Archer81
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Oh I won't go that far but I might cause you to become pregnant.
PS You would make a good farther JMO

Oh Jesus...

You are twisted in nature and dark in aspect.

baja
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh Jesus...

You are twisted in nature and dark in aspect.

What's with the little horsy always seen at the end of your posts.

I always wondered how do you do that

Archer81
09-13-2010, 10:24 AM

: Broncos :

take out the spaces.

Tombstone RJ
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM

It's magic... see: :Broncos:

baja
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
It's magic... see: :Broncos:

Oh I see must be a smily

baja
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
: Broncos :

take out the spaces.

ha I read Tombestone's post first.

got it...

Kaylore
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM

I feel terrible for about an hour and then I'm fine. Every now and then there is a real devastating loss that takes me longer to get over. The most recent one was the 07 loss to the Bears. That game still makes me mad if I think about it.

Swedish Extrovert
09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey! There are still 2 games to go tonight. Don't ruin the endings for me!

Let me just spare you the misery: one of the teams in each game lose.

cutthemdown
09-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Broncos aren't good this yr get over it and stop making excuses for them. It was hot, it's a road game, it was at night, we had injuries, blah blah. Broncos don't make enough big plays and it has been that way for 3-4 yrs now.

If you expect to win by grinding out close games all the time you will be 8-8 all the time. Broncos need playmakers on both sides of the ball. Until that happens they will continue to be a run of them mill team.

cutthemdown
09-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I feel terrible for about an hour and then I'm fine. Every now and then there is a real devastating loss that takes me longer to get over. The most recent one was the 07 loss to the Bears. That game still makes me mad if I think about it.

They all hurt. The one where Montana brought KC back after I thought Elway had one the game still sticks out in my mind.

outdoor_miner
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
same here.....usually I used to sulk for a day or two. After Mira and now Eila have been born, it's not that bad. The Raiders game last year took me a while though.

Having 2 young ones has helped me, too. After the game, I went out to the playground with my 2 year old, and quickly got over things. It's so nice to have that perspective and be reminded that it is ultimately just a game. It's crazy how caught up in it I can get.

Beantown Bronco
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Let me just spare you the misery: one of the teams in each game lose.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MVZg639gJ4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MVZg639gJ4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

HAT
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MVZg639gJ4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MVZg639gJ4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

We're just ****ing with you BB....Jets & Ravens play to a 3-3 tie.

Drek
09-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Any Bronco fan should be irritated after that loss. The Broncos got beat by a team that wanted it more. They got tired and frustrated leading to mistakes and penalties that you can't make on the road against a hungry team.

Like I said in SoCal's DJ and Ayers thread. This is a game that sets up a referendum on each player on the roster. Who has a chip on their shoulder after giving this game up and elevates their play and the play of those around them? Time for the leaders to step up on this team and make sure they just rely on better talent to beat Seattle but instead back it up with better effort and execution.

fontaine
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Any Bronco fan should be irritated after that loss. The Broncos got beat by a team that wanted it more. They got tired and frustrated leading to mistakes and penalties that you can't make on the road against a hungry team.

Like I said in SoCal's DJ and Ayers thread. This is a game that sets up a referendum on each player on the roster. Who has a chip on their shoulder after giving this game up and elevates their play and the play of those around them? Time for the leaders to step up on this team and make sure they just rely on better talent to beat Seattle but instead back it up with better effort and execution.

They need to look no further than Larsen who played with a whole lot of effort and hustle.

He's not the most talented guy out there but he made every limited snap he played count. Was really surprised the way he played like his job depended on it.

Wish more guys on the team showed that kind of hustle.

gunns
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe this is our fade and for once we'll be strong going down the stretch. That would be nice.

Sassy
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Team Stat Comparison DEN JAC
1st Downs 21 18
Passing 1st downs 14 6
Rushing 1st downs 6 9
1st downs from Penalties 1 3
3rd down efficiency 3-10 3-10
4th down efficiency 1-2 1-2
Total Plays 61 56
Total Yards 363 299
Passing 274 165
Comp-Att 21-33 16-21
Yards per pass 8.3 7.9
Rushing 89 134
Rushing Attempts 25 34
Yards per rush 3.6 3.9
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-4 1-1
Penalties 7-70 5-47
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 30:30 29:30

Turnovers/Penalties killed s..otherwise...It looks like we should have won this game...they beat us in rushing and that's about it.

ScottXray
09-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Broncos aren't good this yr get over it and stop making excuses for them. It was hot, it's a road game, it was at night, we had injuries, blah blah. Broncos don't make enough big plays and it has been that way for 3-4 yrs now.

If you expect to win by grinding out close games all the time you will be 8-8 all the time. Broncos need playmakers on both sides of the ball. Until that happens they will continue to be a run of them mill team.

It starts with the lines! It may not show now but I think our O-line is going to shine by the end of the year. Defense...not so much but better than last year. We are rebuilding..not reloading. We're 2/3 of the way there.

Too bad we had to dump some players but they wouldn't buy in to the philosophy of Team before player. Eventually it will pay off.
but yeah...we are a ~500 team. Just like before....

And Yeah I used to feel physically ILL after a loss ..wouldn't sleep just kept going over and over it...it would take 3-4 days before I could let it go.

Now its an Hour or two of frustration then fugettaboutit! It's only a game, even if I do care.

baja
09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Team Stat Comparison DEN JAC
1st Downs 21 18
Passing 1st downs 14 6
Rushing 1st downs 6 9
1st downs from Penalties 1 3
3rd down efficiency 3-10 3-10
4th down efficiency 1-2 1-2
Total Plays 61 56
Total Yards 363 299
Passing 274 165
Comp-Att 21-33 16-21
Yards per pass 8.3 7.9
Rushing 89 134
Rushing Attempts 25 34
Yards per rush 3.6 3.9
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-4 1-1
Penalties 7-70 5-47
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 30:30 29:30

Turnovers/Penalties killed s..otherwise...It looks like we should have won this game...they beat us in rushing and that's about it.

What's not reflected here is field position
. I think that is where the game was lost that and as you said the turnovers .Plus 7 penalties for 70 yards didn't help either.