PDA

View Full Version : The Football Gods smiled down upon us in Jacksonville for once

Bronco Yoda
09-12-2010, 11:50 PM
...and we still found a way to lose.

Forget the Fumble, the horrible kick coverage, 10 men-on-the-field debacle, or Mcbeanies face mask meltdowns for a moment.

If you were to have told me that going into the 4th, It would be a 3 point game with a good wind behind us, Orton finding his WR's and we got a 45 min rain delay to refresh our depleted O & D lines from the hot muggy florida weather....... I would have almost gauranteed a win.

One thing going into the game that worried me was both the O & D lines wearing down from the weather. The weather broke and we got a rare delay of game gift at the perfect time. And look what happened. No excuse.

One thing going into the game that didn't worry me was Garrard through the air. And look what happened. No excuse.

This was a frustrating game to lose.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 12:04 AM
You cant forget all the wrongs. That is part of the game and helped in the reason we gave up 24 points.

baja
09-13-2010, 12:20 AM
You cant forget all the wrongs. That is part of the game and helped in the reason we gave up 24 points.

??

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2010, 12:46 AM

I know, but you know what I'm saying. Don't tell me that you weren't smiling from ear to ear as well when the rain delay came. Both or our Lines are in sad shape and it was a hot 1st half. That break is exactly what we needed.

It's obvious that we were not ready for the season. Too many stupid mistakes. And here we thought the weather was going to be the one to curse us. Instead it was our lack of prepairedness.

Just spoiled I guess. We may have shown a tendency to wear down as the season goes along last few years. But we're usually always ready out of the gate.

baja
09-13-2010, 12:48 AM
I know, but you know what I'm saying. Don't tell me that you weren't smiling from ear to ear as well when the rain delay came. Both or our Lines are in sad shape and it was a hot 1st half. That break is exactly what we needed.

It's obvious that we were not ready for the season. Too many stupid mistakes. And here we thought the weather was going to be the one to curse us. Instead it was our lack of prepairedness.

Just spoiled I guess. We may have shown a tendency to wear down as the season goes along last few years. But we're usually always ready out of the gate.

blame the injury riddled pre season

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 12:58 AM
I enjoyed the wind going to our backs in less than one minute at the end of the 3rd quarter. I didnt want them sitting around getting tight (as the other team has to also).

ScottXray
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
The weather did help us out some...but it also helped the other team so that was a wash.

As far as the Broncos being ready in the first game recently...more often than not we have lost in Away openers. Got lucky last year but other than the game 3 years ago (raiders MNF) we have not looked ready for play in most of our openers for the last five years. Not an excuse...just what it is.

Having the wind in the 4th was huge...Prater made that 54 yarder with the help. Maybe we should have gone for the 3 with the wind at the 5 min mark...almost made the game tying play...
We should have gone short and got the 1st down...but hindsight is 20-20.

Too bad we made so many mistakes earlier that took potential points away.

Basically Jaguars are a 500 team...and they had home field. By the way our all time record against them is 5-4 and against Jarrard is 0-3. He is good enough to use his run game to set up the D for the pass....

Dagmar
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
What a very interesting thread.

BigPlayShay
09-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Reminded me of this game vs JAX:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2004-02-den-jac

LRtagger
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
I guess you could look at it this way...

But I would have preferred the rain started when Jax had the ball, not us.

Orton said after the game that he couldn't get calls in his ear after the storm due to static. Presumably the storm messed up the receiver in his helmet.

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2010, 03:55 PM
blame the injury riddled pre season

I agree. It was like an extra preseason game for us out there.