PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Embarrassing

Pages : [1] 2

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Remember those coaching rankings?

Well, we just got outcoached to **** and gone by Jack ****ing Del Rio.

Hell, imagine if he hadn't gifted us 7 points by going for it on 4th and 1 at their own 39. This would've been an even bigger punch in the nuts.

And forget the offense. We all know the OL would be weak today... our defense, the unit Josh has spent two years emphasizing being "bigger and more physical" was ****ing ABUSED today by not only a poor offense and MJD, but David Awful Garrard went 16/21

Yes. That's right. Garrad had a 76% completion percentage for a damn near perfect 150.5 QB rating.

This is the unit that won us half of our ****ing games last season while Kyle "Where's my Dick" Orton hit some sweet 6 yard slants and YAC screen plays to his best career season but a dick punch to Bronco fans across the nation.

But hey, Kyle has a year in the system, he's way better now.

Naturally, that was exposed... against a secondary sporting ballers like Sean ****ing Considine.

Can't wait till we play a real NFL team.

Sorry for the meltdown/rage, but this is bar none the most embarrassing loss I can remember. If we don't get this **** together and FAST cutthemdown will be 110% right about the potential of this season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
That was coaching?

baja
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Hell, imagine if he hadn't gifted us 7 points by going for it on 4th and 1 at their own 39. This would've been an even bigger punch in the nuts.

And forget the offense. We all know the OL would be weak today... our defense, the unit Josh has spent two years emphasizing being "bigger and more physical" was ****ing ABUSED today by not only a poor offense and MJD, but David Awful Garrard went 16/21

Yes. That's right. Garrad had a 76% completion percentage for a damn near perfect 150.5 QB rating.

This is the unit that won us half of our ****ing games last season while Kyle "Where's my Dick" Orton hit some sweet 6 yard slants and YAC screen plays to his best career season but a dick punch to Bronco fans across the nation.

Naturally, that was exposed... against a secondary sporting ballers like Sean ****ing Considine.

Sorry for the meltdown/rage, but this is bar none the most embarrassing loss I can remember. If we don't get this **** together and FAST cutthemdown will be 110% right about the potential of this season.

You're over reacting

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
That was coaching?

Which team looked prepared to you?

I know the guys in white sure didn't look remotely ready for an NFL game.

Ugly Duck
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
this is bar none the most embarrassing loss I can remember.

Hah! Noob...

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
You're over reacting

That's a certainty.

Point out something wrong though, please. I feel like I AM overreacting, but all of that is right, so I don't know why I'm overreacting.

Most disappointing game since 2005 AFCCG to me.

Broncosfreak_56
09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Melting down like a 16 year old teenage girl after one game. God I hate drama queens. How about we wait a few games before judging our team? Oh wait, that would require some of you guys to be rational people. Never mind then, carry on.

NFLBRONCO
09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Broncos talent is average until that improves no coach will win alot. I'd love a gamebreaker out of the backfield. I'd love a young good physical DL. Enough young good physical DB's none of which we have right now.

scttgrd
09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
They got worked, in Jacksonville. That tells you all you need to know.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
TheReverend isn't built to watch games live people... his take of the game means as much as a baby's **** after getting breast fed.

Absolutely trash.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM
lol but losing to 34-10 to the Dolphins is ok.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Show some balls for once, Rev.

scttgrd
09-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Excuses are easy, apologists are even better.

HEAV
09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
You're over reacting

Doesn't he always...in fact doesn't the majority of this site...

TonyR
09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I hear ya Rev, not a fun loss. They never are. But we had a far less than 100% Clady, no Harris, a rusty Moreno and Buckhalter, the untimely Beadles hold, the Buckhalter fumble, the McBean 30 yards in penalties in one drive, and brutal weather to deal with, among other things. Lots of excuses but this team just isn't talented enough to overcome all of those things. Far from our worst loss but definitely disappointing.

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I just couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor when they called McBean for a second blatant face mask, especially when the guy was pretty much down. There were some ugly moments thats for sure. Orton is a bright spot.

Popps
Yea... the loss wasn't that embarrassing. We lost by a TD.

Kyle looked great.

We look like a team missing key players and making mistakes.

Really not all that shocking.

baja
That's a certainty.

Point out something wrong though, please. I feel like I AM overreacting, but all of that is right, so I don't know why I'm overreacting.

Most disappointing game since 2005 AFCCG to me.

factor in all the preseason injuries - yes we were out of sync but that was to be expected

Moreno looked good considering not playing all preseason although he was thinking too much

O line needs cohesion, time will help immensely

Buck suffered from his fumble the rest of game

Orton is light years ahead of last season and will get better when the O line gels

WR deep deep deep

D is over thinking new coach syndrome.

Doom BIG LOSS

DJ had good second half

what cost us this game was special teams coverage what happened this was a strength last season.

McD needs to let go of pad plays (McBean) Josh was out of the game for 3 or 4 plays after the 2 face masks he needs to stay focused he should wait until Monday to unload on him.

I like this team we will be fine

defense not playing instinctively yet

bloodsunday
We have a revolving door at OL. We played the entire pre-season without our top 2 RBs. Our special teams were awful... and we still nearly won the game.

If I have one complaint about coaching (other than the ST), how do we consistently let J'ville's TE beat us? There isn't one WR on that team that scares me. Garrard did all his damage to the TE. How can we not figure out how to cover that?

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Losing to the Bucs at home in 93 was pretty embarrassing.

Mr.Meanie
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
If by "Absolute Embarassing" you meant this thread, than yes you got it.

brother love
09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Kick return coverage sucked. Two scoring drives started at midfield.

It wasn't a bad performance today. The only thing that really worries me is how the defense covers the tightend. Some of you guys are way overreacting. We played better in this years opener than we did in last.

The MVPlaya
Kick return coverage sucked. Two scoring drives started at midfield.

It wasn't a bad performance today. The only thing that really worries me is how the defense covers the tightend. Some of you guys are way overreacting. We played better in this years opener than we did in last.

Yeah, we do have trouble with TE coverage. I think we were damn near last year in that category.

txtebow
-2 and 9 in their last 11 meaningful games.
-An Old Front 4 on defense
-And even OLDER back 4 on defense
-An Offense that has regressed from 23 points per game in 2008, to 20 and now 17 (We had better get used to that)

Is 4-12 enough for Bowlen to admit his mistake?

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
-An Offense that has regressed from 23 points per game in 2008, to 20 and now 17 (We had better get used to that)

what up go_broncos

try again.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM

If they had scored 23 today, would they have won?

txtebow
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
If they had scored 23 today, would they have won?

In 2007 we averaged 20 per game. In 2008 23. We could fairly speculate that we would be averaging around 25-26 with Cutler, Shanny and BMarsh

What does not need speculation is that we have regressed under this regime on the side of the ball that this regime 'made their hay' on.
His system is NOT greater than the sum of the players he has executing it on the field. And for that he is ultimately responsible.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I hear ya Rev, not a fun loss. They never are. But we had a far less than 100% Clady, no Harris, a rusty Moreno and Buckhalter, the untimely Beadles hold, the Buckhalter fumble, the McBean 30 yards in penalties in one drive, and brutal weather to deal with, among other things. Lots of excuses but this team just isn't talented enough to overcome all of those things. Far from our worst loss but definitely disappointing.

I think this is the best post of the thread, so I'll reply to this one.

I totally agree about our OL injuries and some instances where the ball just didn't bounce our way.

But the most embarrassing part for me was our new "beefed up and physical" defense getting absolutely worked all day long.

Our DL looked bad. Our LBs looked poor. Our secondary looked it's age.

And I'm sorry, but Orton did NOT look good.

The weather was not a factor. It was retardedly hot in the first half, but we held up well in the heat and it was PERFECTLY nice and cool for the ENTIRE second half when everything fell to pieces after a nice halftime break in the shade and a chance to rehydrate. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work today.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
In 2007 we averaged 20 per game. In 2008 23. We could fairly speculate that we would be averaging around 25-26 with Cutler, Shanny and BMarsh

What does not need speculation is that we have regressed under this regime on the side of the ball that this regime 'made their hay' on.
His system is NOT greater than the sum of the players he has executing it on the field. And for that he is ultimately responsible.

You still didn't answer the question, but I'll play along. Who, out of all available coaches [available - don't say Cowher or Gruden, they don't want back in], would you prefer coach this team? And what offensive pedigree might he bring that would put up 25+ points/game?

jsco70
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
If by "Absolute Embarassing" you meant this thread, than yes you got it.

Well said. /Thread.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I dont know, the disaster at Ford Field was the most embarrassing loss I can remember especially since that was Detroits last win before their incredible run of incompetency started and Cutler **** his pants in that game.

THAT was an embarrassing loss.

I picked us to lose this game. Call me a sucker, but we suck in Florida in December, we have a revolving door on the Offensive Line, we lost Dumervile. The fact that we were in the game and played MOSTLY well was about as good as outcome as I expected given the circumstances with our team.

Rev's clearly been drinking. He doesnt usually melt down like this.

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM

I totally agree about our OL injuries and some instances where the ball just didn't bounce our way.

But the most embarrassing part for me was our new "beefed up and physical" defense getting absolutely worked all day long.

The weather was not a factor. It was retardedly hot in the first half, but we held up well in the heat and it was PERFECTLY nice and cool for the ENTIRE second half when everything fell to pieces after a nice halftime break in the shade and a chance to rehydrate. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work today.

You couldn't be more wrong about Orton but thats expected with what you want to happen! The rest is pretty accurate.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

The DL did alright. The biggest run MJD ripped off was 18 yards, 1 better than Moreno's longest. The LBs looked poor? Are you including DJ Williams and Ayers in this group? I'll give you any LB that tried to cover a TE. The corners played well. Did you miss Bailey out there? Did you catch their #1 WR having 0 catches today? And please explain how Orton looked bad. I'm not seeing it and I'm not alone in this.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

The DL did alright. The biggest run MJD ripped off was 18 yards, 1 better than Moreno's longest. The LBs looked poor? Are you including DJ Williams and Ayers in this group? I'll give you any LB that tried to cover a TE. The corners played well. Did you miss Bailey out there? Did you catch their #1 WR having 0 catches today? And please explain how Orton looked bad. I'm not seeing it and I'm not alone in this.

Eh Bailey got smoked on two plays, but he made some others in coverage and in run support.

I just dont know what Rev is talking about on bagging on Orton. He must just want to see more Tebow.

TonyR
09-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Concerning but sadly not terribly surprising if we're realistic about it. You need to build through the draft and supplement through FA and we've been mostly forced to do the opposite. Other than Ayers not a lot to build on. And then you exacerbate the problem by losing Doom for the year. Sucks. Now you're getting me depressed...

BroncoInferno

I actually agree with you everywhere but here. It is a FACT that Orton was the best player on the field today. He was sharp on short AND long passes, which was the big criticism on him. What more did you expect? 100% completion percentage? You're being dumb. Orton made a fool of you today with his excellent play, which you claimed he wouldn't do in the offseason. Sorry, you embarrased yourself. FACT.

Rock Chalk

Yeah because Cutler has shown he is pure awesome under other coaching.

Douche left, get over it. He wanted out and so did Marshall, **** em.

elsid13
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Orton played pretty well for most of the game. But that 2 minute offense at the end of the game was disaster and that was on him. They wasted almost 40 seconds after dumb ass screen play and he never got the team moving like he should have.

baja
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
The only rub on Orton is he needs step up his game in the 4th quarter. we bronco fans are still spoiled by Elway

ZachKC
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow. ROFL!

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah because Cutler has shown he is pure awesome under other coaching.

Douche left, get over it. He wanted out and so did Marshall, **** em.

LOL I know. Cutler had another mistkae prone medicore game today. Cue Rev's breathless defense of Cutler's showing which was worse than Orton's. In fact, Orton has been the better QB of the two since the trade. Rev won't except that ,but it is an objective fact.

scttgrd
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
This team as well as most of the posters are sad. If you think we are working towards the playoffs you have a screw loose.

tsiguy96
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
2 things: how do you guys not remember getting DESTROYED by san diego to win the division, not to mention the lions stacking 40 on this team, at invesco, just a few years ago?

another, orton was really good today. he was playing behind a shaky oline, and on 2 of his sacks he held the ball too long, but he played really good and his long ball was money today.

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Concerning but sadly not terribly surprising if we're realistic about it. You need to build through the draft and supplement through FA and we've been mostly forced to do the opposite. Other than Ayers not a lot to build on. And then you exacerbate the problem by losing Doom for the year. Sucks. Now you're getting me depressed...

On a team with many needs, you gotta trade a 2, 3, and a 4 for a project...

With all the high picks the Broncos have gotten from trades the last two years, they should've been going for volume.

Not high school crushes.

McDman
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
It amazes me that some people genuinely want us to do poorly so McD gets fired instead of him do well and prove that they were wrong, not you Rev but a lot of people in this thread seem to have that sentiment. He's the coach of our team, if you're a really fan you'd gladly be wrong if that meant us winning and McD succeeding.

Back on topic, I think there were some coaching mistake, but not as many as you think. Having ten men on the field was a huge one, as well as our ST getting gashed. These are coaching mistakes but not necessarily McD's personal mistakes, although blame does fall on him.

I thought most of the mistakes were on the players. Stupid penalties (holding near the end zone, two face masks in a row, etc..) and the fumble is what killed us. While our defense didn't look fantastic, it wasn't miserable. Our run D did fairly well against one of the most dangerous players in the game. The only really glaring deficiency I saw was the lack of pass rush, that's just a talent issue. I do think Ayers is light years better than last year. He got a good sack on a spin move and didn't rely on a bull rush.

Beantown Bronco
How on Earth can this loss be more embarrassing than the loss last year at home vs the Faid where we made Russell look like Montana. At least Gerrard is a probowl QB and MJD is one of the best rbs in the entire league.

And I'm confused about the "cool in the 2nd half" comments. The announcers posted the temp AFTER the rain delay and it was still well over 90 degrees with a high heat index. I obviously wasn't there, but I have to trust them on that one. Maybe being wet and, with the wind, you personally felt cooler....

BlaK-Argentina
Yea... the loss wasn't that embarrassing. We lost by a TD.

Kyle looked great.

We look like a team missing key players and making mistakes.

Really not all that shocking.

Why are you even posting? You can't talk sense into these guys. Don't waste your time.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I dont know, the disaster at Ford Field was the most embarrassing loss I can remember especially since that was Detroits last win before their incredible run of incompetency started and Cutler **** his pants in that game.

I picked us to lose this game. Call me a sucker, but we suck in Florida in December, we have a revolving door on the Offensive Line, we lost Dumervile. The fact that we were in the game and played MOSTLY well was about as good as outcome as I expected given the circumstances with our team.

I have absolutely been drinking and no, I really never melt down.

Fact remains, we have a stacked and deep receiving corps against an extremely poor Jaguars secondary.

What were the results? They jumped short routes all day and forced not only many incompletions but also some quick coverage sacks because, in 100% honesty, Kyle WILL NOT threaten teams deep. I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of teams squatting on 5 yard outs and jumping quick slants.

I'm sick of a QB only willing to go past the intermediate range once every 3 weeks.

This has to end or our season is legitimately over. Sorry, that's just facts. Our defense CLEARLY isn't carrying this team like it did last season.

Kaylore
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I feel like we stepped on our own dicks. Beadles holds on a play where the runner is already down field past him a converted first down run goes to 3rd and 11. Then Buckhalter gives the ball to them on their own 20. Those two drives both likely end in at least field goals and that's your ball game. And that doesn't even include McBean deciding facemasks are fun to grab over and over again.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
How on Earth can this loss be more embarrassing than the loss last year at home vs the Faid where we made Russell look like Montana. At least Gerrard is a probowl QB and MJD is one of the best rbs in the entire league.

And I'm confused about the "cool in the 2nd half" comments. The announcers posted the temp AFTER the rain delay and it was still well over 90 degrees with a high heat index. I obviously wasn't there, but I have to trust them on that one. Maybe being wet and, with the wind, you personally felt cooler....

Definitely wrong. It hit 70s in the second half.

Popps
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Why are you even posting? You can't talk sense into these guys. Don't waste your time.

You got that right.

I'm off to enjoy a beautiful day in SoCal.

Hopefully we'll play better next week.

GO BRONCOS.

Rohirrim
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
The only person who should be embarrassed about this game is McBean.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I feel like we stepped on our own *****. Beadles holds on a play where the runner is already down field past him a converted first down run goes to 3rd and 11. Then Buckhalter gives the ball to them on their own 20. Those two drives both likely end in at least field goals and that's your ball game. And that doesn't even include McBean deciding facemasks are fun to grab over and over again.

I understand that POV where you rationalize a few plays that would've won us the game.

But regardless, had those plays been made and the game even been won, would you or would you not be embarrassed by the play of the Broncos today?

Beantown Bronco
Rev. It all starts with protection.....which Orton wasn't getting for the most part. It's really hard to go deep with any consistency if you are under constant pressure.

BroncoInferno
I have absolutely been drinking and no, I really never melt down.

Fact remains, we have a stacked and deep receiving corps against an extremely poor Jaguars secondary.

What were the results? They jumped short routes all day and forced not only many incompletions but also some quick coverage sacks because, in 100% honesty, Kyle WILL NOT threaten teams deep. I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of teams squatting on 5 yard outs and jumping quick slants.

I'm sick of a QB only willing to go past the intermediate range once every 3 weeks.

This has to end or our season is legitimately over. Sorry, that's just facts. Our defense CLEARLY isn't carrying this team like it did last season.

You are embarassing yourself. Kyle was excellent deep and overall today. You look like a bitch with your baseless whining.

broncogary

Yeah, but it's only September. Ha!

TonyR
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Our defense CLEARLY isn't carrying this team like it did last season.

Well, after the first 6 weeks the defense didn't consistently "carry" us which is why things fell apart. I think this D will prove to be better overall than last year but hopefully that's not just wishful thinking...

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
LOL I know. Cutler had another mistkae prone medicore game today. Cue Rev's breathless defense of Cutler's showing which was worse than Orton's. In fact, Orton has been the better QB of the two since the trade. Rev won't except that ,but it is an objective fact.

When did I mention Cutler?

Let's focus on OUR team please?

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I feel like we stepped on our own *****. Beadles holds on a play where the runner is already down field past him a converted first down run goes to 3rd and 11. Then Buckhalter gives the ball to them on their own 20. Those two drives both likely end in at least field goals and that's your ball game. And that doesn't even include McBean deciding facemasks are fun to grab over and over again.

Exactly. Dumb penalities today cost us. How anyone can blame Orton is a mistery. He was a bright spot to anyone interested in facts (i.e. not REV).

Beantown Bronco
Definitely wrong. It hit 70s in the second half.

Rev, how can this possibly be true, when right now (3 hrs after the game and with the sun down) weather.com says it's 81 and feels like 87:

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USFL0228

TheReverend
You are embarassing yourself. Kyle was excellent deep and overall today. You look like a b**** with your baseless whining.

Really?

Go pull the deep balls.

You're that confident then show me.

BroncoInferno
When did I mention Cutler?

Let's focus on OUR team please?

OK. Our team where our QB was excellent today by any objective, reasonable standard.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Rev, how can this possibly be true, when right now (3 hrs after the game and with the sun down) weather.com says it's 81 and feels like 87:

77 and cloudy was the current weather report on the ride home.

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Really?

Go pull the deep balls.

You're that confident then show me.

Are you serious? The 41 yarder to Lloyd ring a bell? The 27 yarder? Or what is your standard of great deep passing?

Rohirrim
Shanahan's last season as the Broncos coach. Now there were some embarrassing games. Take the ass whooping by the fade. Or that ass kicking by the Bolts to finish the season. Of course, those were more humiliating than just embarrassing.

baja
77 and cloudy was the current weather report on the ride home.

They showed the on field thermometer all through the second half and it was around 100 degrees every time

That said it didn't look like the heat effected the teams that much

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Most embarrassing loss ever?

Me thinks someone lost a lot of money today taking the points. :wiggle:

BroncoInferno
Shanahan's last season as the Broncos coach. Now there were some embarrassing games. Take the ass whooping by the fade. Or that ass kicking by the Bolts to finish the season. Of course, those were more humiliating than just embarrassing.

Exactly. I like Rev usually, but he is a joke today. A joke was Shanahan's defense in 2008. Good lord, perhaps the worst D in history!

oubronco

Glad i'm not the only one who thought our D-line looked bad

TheReverend
OK. Our team where our QB was excellent today by any objective, reasonable standard.

Uh, what?

He had a mediocre statline against potentially the single worst secondary in the NFL.

And forget the stat line, he threatened NO ONE all day. I'm talking scout team talent like Considine wasn't even concerned about Orton.

That's a problem.

txtebow
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
It amazes me that some people genuinely want us to do poorly so McD gets fired instead of him do well and prove that they were wrong, not you Rev but a lot of people in this thread seem to have that sentiment. He's the coach of our team, if you're a really fan you'd gladly be wrong if that meant us winning and McD succeeding.

We are speaking of a RESULT here that lends itself sadly toward the genuine feeling of many of those who don't drink the orange koolaid had about our Broncos. We'd happily be wrong if we were, but in our last 11 games, that simply is not the case.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Are you serious? The 41 yarder to Lloyd ring a bell? The 27 yarder? Or what is your standard of great deep passing?

And how much after the catch outside of the 41 yarder?

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Exactly. I like Rev usually, but he is a joke today. A joke was Shanahan's defense in 2008. Good lord, perhaps the worst D in history!

Why do you keep referencing the past?

We're talking about TODAY.

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Uh, what?

He had a mediocre statline against potentially the single worst secondary in the NFL.

And forget the stat line, he threatened NO ONE all day. I'm talking scout team talent like Considine wasn't even concerned about Orton.

That's a problem.

LOL 295 yards passing and 8.9 yards per pass attmept is not "mediocre." You are embarassing yourself ROFL!

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
And how much after the catch outside of the 41 yarder?

The 27 yarder was all pass too. Seriously, how many deep passes do you expect in one game? And what is your standard of a deep pass? 25 yards? 30?

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
LOL 295 yards passing and 8.9 yards per pass attmept is not "mediocre." You are embarassing yourself ROFL!

Wait? I thought offenses were measured by scoring and not yardage? And ball security was paramount? Toss in a pick and one touchdown and yeah, it certainly is extremely mediocre and his production was absolutely **** on by David ****ing Garrard (playing against a significantly better secondary and what I thought would be a much better defense but I was apparently wrong), maybe the worst starting QB in the NFL (excluding Kyle after today).

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
The 27 yarder was all pass too. Seriously, how many deep passes do you expect in one game? And what is your standard of a deep pass? 25 yards? 30?

You want a corner to play loose, you go 40-55 yards several times regardless of completion.

It completely changes the underneath game AND the running game.

Don't even have to make it a passing situation... you can play action it all day. Doesn't matter. Go deep. Scare some people. Open the ****ing field.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Gerard made the freakin probowl last year (I know, I know...only cause the usual suspects couldn't play).....there's zero chance he's the worst starter in the league, or even close.

oubronco
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Kansas city to closeout the season last year was pretty awful

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Wait? I thought offenses were measured by scoring and not yardage? And ball security was paramount? Toss in a pick and one touchdown and yeah, it certainly is extremely mediocre and his production was absolutely **** on by David ****ing Garrard (playing against a significantly better secondary and what I thought would be a much better defense but I was apparently wrong), maybe the worst starting QB in the NFL (excluding Kyle after today).

You are being a dumbass. You are embarrasing yourself. Any reasonable person can't just judge a QB on scoring when the OL and running game stinks. LOL man, you've ruined your rep today. Orton was EXCELLENT by any reasonable standard. 295 yards, 8.9 yards per attempt, hitting the deep ball (by any reasonalbe standard again).

elsid13
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Actually beside the bone head pick that he throw in first qtr, Cutler had very good game (66% completion 372 yard 2TD1`INT) . That last 28 yard TD strike to Forte for the winning TD was a thing of beauty.

TheReverend
Gerard made the freakin probowl last year (I know, I know...only cause the usual suspects couldn't play).....there's zero chance he's the worst starter in the league, or even close.

How many of the usual suspects couldnt play again?

I mean come on, this is the same pro bowl where we discussing Kyle Orton having a chance to get in so many people declined in the AFC.

15 TDs, 3.6k yards, 60% completion percentage and a 83 QB rating is not a probowl season by any stretch of the imagination.

BroncoInferno
You want a corner to play loose, you go 40-55 yards several times regardless of completion.

It completely changes the underneath game AND the running game.

Don't even have to make it a passing situation... you can play action it all day. Doesn't matter. Go deep. Scare some people. Open the ****ing field.

Name me one team that went "40-55 sveral times" today and had success. ONE! You can't, because it didn't happen.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
You are being a dumbass. You are embarrasing yourself. Any reasonable person can't just judge a QB on scoring when the OL and running game stinks. LOL man, you've ruined your rep today. Orton was EXCELLENT by any reasonable standard. 295 yards, 8.9 yards per attempt, hitting the deep ball (by any reasonalbe standard again).

1. I could give a **** about my Orangemane "rep"

2. Argue the points then instead of deflecting into "you're embarrassing yourself"

Because you can't.

Because I'm right.

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Actually beside the bone head pick that he throw in first qtr, Cutler had very good game (66% completion 372 yard 2TD1`INT) . That last 28 yard TD strike to Forte for the winning TD was a thing of beauty.

Not really. He stunk as always.

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Why do you keep referencing the past?

We're talking about TODAY.

Because you stated "most embarrassing loss ever", you set yourself-up. Blame yourself.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Name me one team that went "40-55 sveral times" today and had success. ONE! You can't, because it didn't happen.

Couldn't read the "regardless of completion" line?

That stupid?

Well I'll bet more than 70% of the winning teams went that deep 3 or more times today.

It's cool. Neither literacy or football are your thing. No big deal.

BroncoInferno
1. I could give a **** about my Orangemane "rep"

2. Argue the points then instead of deflecting into "you're embarrassing yourself"

Because you can't.

Because I'm right.

No, I gave stats and facts. 295 yards and 8.9 YPA, excellent by any reasonable standard. You offered nothing other than "Orton sucks." LOL Sorry, dude, you've embarassed yourself Ha!

TheReverend
Because you stated "most embarrassing loss ever", you set yourself-up. Blame yourself.

No I didn't?

The MVPlaya
Reverend:

http://www.cinevegas.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/goonies.gif

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM

That stupid?

Well I'll bet more than 70% of the winning teams went that deep 3 or more times today.

Name me the team that went "40-55 yards" deep a buch of times. Name them. You can't. Because it didn't happen.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM
No, I gave stats and facts. 295 yards and 8.9 YPA, excellent by any reasonable standard. You offered nothing other than "Orton sucks." LOL Sorry, dude, you've embarassed yourself Ha!

Couldn't read the actual response huh?

No worries. Mosey on out little girl.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
How many of the usual suspects couldnt play again?

I mean come on, this is the same pro bowl where we discussing Kyle Orton having a chance to get in so many people declined in the AFC.

15 TDs, 3.6k yards, 60% completion percentage and a 83 QB rating is not a probowl season by any stretch of the imagination.

It's also not "worst starter in the league" stats by any stretch of the imagination either.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Hang it up, Rev.

BroncoInferno
Couldn't read the actual response huh?

No worries. Mosey on out little girl.

You lost. The facts won as always Ha!

BroncoInferno
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Hang it up, Rev.

Everyone can see his Orton bashing is embarassing. Too bad he can't. He's a good poster otherwise.

CSU Husker
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
This game was FAR less embarrassing than our last regular season game, by a mile.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM

That stupid?

Orton attempted to go deep more than 3 times.

Please don't ever give you opinion about a game if you see it live, you're analysis is awfully horrible and inaccurate like an Alex Smith pass.

You absolutely SUCK at watching live football...

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
This thread delivers on all facets of the entertainment game!

uplink
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
not a bad performance for being: on the road, 1st game of the year, players injured/coming off injuries, and hot weather.

Broncos lost it due to special teams coverage and penalties, otherwise I think they may have won.

R8R H8R
Hang it up, Rev.

Best post of the thread. Rep.

OABB
That lobster is feeling regret fo letting a power bottom get on top.

ColoradoDarin
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM

I was there too. It was hotter than Hades the first half but it was almost chilly once the storm blew through.

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
This thread delivers on all facets of the entertainment game!

Truth. I was kind of bummed-out until this thread came along. Perked me right up!
Ha!

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Name me the team that went "40-55 yards" deep a buch of times. Name them. You can't. Because it didn't happen.

Many don't have to, because they have the pre-existing deep threat that other teams have to prepare for.

Regardless, must go for a few hours. I'll be back later for sure.

Enjoy your terrible QB that you want to glorify for poor play though. That'll work out well for all of us.

DenverBrit
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
http://membres.lycos.fr/fredrichung/forum/i%20like%20were%20this%20thread%20is%20going.jpg

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Many don't have to, because they have the pre-existing deep threat that other teams have to prepare for.

Enjoy your terrible QB that you want to glorify for poor play though. That'll work out well for all of us.

Or we can talk about Tebow's inability to gain any significant yardage on his chances.

What a joke he is.

OABB
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM

You better leave now. Eat pray loves last showing is in twenty minutes!

TDmvp
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Jeez some of you drama queens kill me ....

Mcbean gifts them a TD and you are acting like they so out played us...

As a so called Josh hater that I am , I think you all really need to mellow at just a tad ...

Inkana7
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Rev's reaction to this game is absolute embarrassing.

OABB
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Be nice to rev everyone. His flow is extra heavy this month.

elsid13
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Jeez some of you drama queens kill me ....

Mcbean gifts them a TD and you are acting like they so out played us...

As a so called Josh hater that I am , I think you all really need to mellow at just a tad ...

I do think you can criticize McDaniels for his play calling in the last 2 minutes. The situation awareness doesn't seem to be working.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Grow a pair, Rev. You have some valid points, but as usual you get way too carried away about the negatives.

Rock Chalk
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, but it's only September. Ha!

Clearly I meant September smartass.

TDmvp
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I do think you can criticize McDaniels for his play calling in the last 2 minutes. The situation awareness doesn't seem to be working.

/agree that last play call is the only thing Josh did today I have any prob with at all ...

like I said before , pass maybe , but not that pass...

Rock Chalk
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM

Nevermind that Forte gained like 80 of those yards on a 6 yard dump off pass.

barryr
09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Geez, some are still pining away for that cump Cutler? Gee, what a performance alright. Struggled and lucky to win a game at home against a team that has won what, 1 game in 2 years? Wow, I'm so impressed.

elsid13
09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Nevermind that Forte gained like 80 of those yards on a 6 yard dump off pass.

So they executed the play, isn't that what football teams are supposed to do. If Denver had executed on the 4 and 3rd maybe there would be different threads on the board now.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
say it with me real slowly
ITS -ONLY- ONE-GAME

Rock Chalk
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
So they executed the play, isn't that what football teams are supposed to do. If Denver had executed on the 4 and 3rd maybe there would be different threads on the board now.

No douche nozzle. The point is, Cutler didn't look all that impressive. Forte MADE him look impressive and that is on Forte, Not anything spectacular Cutler did.

gtown
09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Is this the official overreaction thread? I just wanted to be sure.

barryr
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
No douche nozzle. The point is, Cutler didn't look all that impressive. Forte MADE him look impressive and that is on Forte, Not anything spectacular Cutler did.

True, the Cutler fans would like to believe he made some magical pass on that play. Strangely I remember whenever Orton threw a TD pass, quite a few seemed to give the credit more to receivers than Orton just about every time. I am sick of this blatant hypocrisy.

OABB
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I think the rainbow logo actually was perfect in hindsight for this place.

Br0nc0Buster
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
not sure why this loss is so devastating to some
we always struggle with Jacksonville, we seem to struggle with September games in Miami
its not like we got stomped, we outplayed them IMO but kept shooting ourselves in the foot and they capitalized on that

We got punked by the Chiefs and Raiders at home last year, this loss isnt even in the same ballpark as those

Missouribronc
09-12-2010, 06:10 PM
This thread absolutely effing delivered.

Best overreaction of the day. Hands down.

rovolution
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
what cost us this game was special teams coverage what happened this was a strength last season.

Darrell Reid had a serious injury and we released him

He was one of our stalwarts on ST coverage last season

Dagmar
09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/rafter365/2mmityu.gif

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
At least next week we'll be at home, so asking Prater to kick every one into the stands won't be quite as outlandish.

bowtown
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Success-Kid/ImageMacro/2001221/LargeThumbnail.jpg?instanceText=This-thread-DELIVERS

McDman
09-12-2010, 06:18 PM
We are speaking of a RESULT here that lends itself sadly toward the genuine feeling of many of those who don't drink the orange koolaid had about our Broncos. We'd happily be wrong if we were, but in our last 11 games, that simply is not the case.

It's one thing to drink the orange koolaid and it's another to root for your team regardless of the head coach. The simple fact is there are people here who actually want us to LOSE games just so we can get rid of our coach, it's unbelievable to me.

McDman
09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/kid_freak_out.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3763)

Rev after the game.

Dagmar
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/10epudw.jpg

ZachKC
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/rjfex0.jpg

myMind
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Anybody who is ready to trade in our coach(who is young but talented) and write off our team after one close loss is a ****ing baby and needs to go take their ****ing ritalin or whatever it is they give adhd patients nowadays.
Overreacting doesnt even begin to explain some of these posts.

I hate fairweather fans.
You try to suck the optimism out of new season after one loss?
**** you.

~Crash~
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Broncos talent is average until that improves no coach will win alot. I'd love a gamebreaker out of the backfield. I'd love a young good physical DL. Enough young good physical DB's none of which we have right now.

not to be a smart ass but our coach has been doing the cooking

Pick Six
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
This is the most absolute embarrassing loss since the 2010 season began. I agree...:welcome:

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Anybody who is ready to trade in our coach(who is young but talented) and write off our team after one close loss is a ****ing baby and needs to go take their ****ing ritalin or whatever it is they give adhd patients nowadays.
Overreacting doesnt even begin to explain some of these posts.

I hate fairweather fans.
You try to suck the optimism out of new season after one loss?
**** you.

It's not one loss..We lost 2 games out of 11..

myMind
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
It's not one loss..We lost 2 games out of 11..

I understand your point, but I still think it is invalid.
Each season is a new year. We moved the ball well.
If Lloyd had tapped his foot 5 inches to the left the game would have been tied. I think it is extremly unfair to call for the head of a young first time headcoach after 17 games.

Ever heard the inspirational slogan: Believe and Succeed?
Cheesy but very true.
Try the kool-aid, its got orange slices and Lysergic :crazy:

gunns
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
It's one game and fortunately for me, I wasn't expecting much for the first game and on the road with this young team. ST did really suck, but I'm more interested in next weeks game. It'll be a little more telling. And in my own rationalizing I'm sick of winning the first few games, getting all pumped just to fade. Maybe we'll reverse it this year.

I can think of some other more embarrassing games. One, for example, the game against Chicago when we kept kicking the ball to Hester.

dsmoot
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
factor in all the preseason injuries - yes we were out of sync but that was to be expected

Moreno looked good considering not playing all preseason although he was thinking too much

O line needs cohesion, time will help immensely

Buck suffered from his fumble the rest of game

Orton is light years ahead of last season and will get better when the O line gels

WR deep deep deep

D is over thinking new coach syndrome.

Doom BIG LOSS

DJ had good second half

McD needs to let go of pad plays (McBean) Josh was out of the game for 3 or 4 plays after the 2 face masks he needs to stay focused he should wait until Monday to unload on him.

I like this team we will be fine

defense not playing instinctively yet

I thought McD was a bit immature on his reaction to both McBean and Quinn. He certainly deserved to be pissed but like a good athlete, he needs to quickly put it behind him until afterwards or until there is an appropriate time during the game. A mental error on his part.

As for the players, too many stupid penalties, very very poor ST, substandard pass rush, weather a non-factor since you have to get above that, good passing game with some very good throws/catches, inconsistency on the OL as expected. Generally, the WRs looked good.

I think we will see Champ challenged more and more, still making plays but has he lost a step which means fewer turnovers. I am curious to know what an analysis of Dawkins play would be.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I understand that POV where you rationalize a few plays that would've won us the game.

But regardless, had those plays been made and the game even been won, would you or would you not be embarrassed by the play of the Broncos today?

Not on the road, but you were at home, so obviously your perspective is different. This is the first time you saw Denver in your new home town, yeah? Dude, I feel bad for you that Denver didn't win, but still, it wasn't a total crap the bed kind of game.

Meck77
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
You should hug your lobster rev it might make you feel better.

Reality. We have a .429 win percentage with Jax. We just don't win there.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/#headtohead

gunns
09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I can think of some other more embarrassing games

Losing to KC and Oakland several times over the last several years. This is fun.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
You should hug your lobster rev it might make you feel better.

Reality. We have a .429 win percentage with Jax. We just don't win there.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/#headtohead

Hopefully that Seahawks win % comes through next week.

Kaylore
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Embarrassed? Good grief no. Annoyed. And frustrated, but I wasn't ashamed to be a Bronco fan today. I knew the Jags would win.

myMind
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I can think of some other more embarrassing games.

I remember a game I went to at Invesco where the Dolts put up a forty burger against our 3 points. I felt far more embarrassed then.

broncosteven
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM

We all know the Bronco Franchise is not allowed to win an East Coast Early Game especially in FL.

It was part of selling our souls to get the 2 SB wins.

Hulamau
09-12-2010, 07:56 PM
It's one game and fortunately for me, I wasn't expecting much for the first game and on the road with this young team. ST did really suck, but I'm more interested in next weeks game. It'll be a little more telling. And in my own rationalizing I'm sick of winning the first few games, getting all pumped just to fade. Maybe we'll reverse it this year. ....

My feeling as well. Dont want to lose any game but would rather get the cobwebs out in the first half of the year and play our best ball at the end any day. It wasnt like we got blown out by any means.

Other than two crappy Kick coverages, two tight end coverage Fubars, a fumble after a long would be scoring drive and Mr Bean's senior moment(s), as a team we played more than well enough to win going away. Should have won as it is!

Typical first day foul ups on the road, far from the end of the world disaster the nervous nellies are proclaiming.

BlaK-Argentina
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Talk about overreacting and being a freaking baby... jeez.

Grow a pair already.

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I think our usually level headed Rev has passed out for the night!

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how he was posting within 30 minutes of the ending of the game. Either he lives right across the street from the stadium or he left way early.

BlaK-Argentina
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how he was posting within 30 minutes of the ending of the game. Either he lives right across the street from the stadium or he left way early.

Cellphone?

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Cellphone?

Maybe, but he seemed to be following like five different arguments in different threads at the same time. That would be maddening on a cellphone sober I'd think.....and he was most definitely not sober.

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM

Jax is not that big of a town. So he can get around a bit faster than other football towns.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
It takes 2-3 hrs just to get out of the Foxboro parking lots.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Dude probably had some high hopes since he was at the game. Too bad the team didn't capitalize on some of the opportunities they had. And the kickoff coverage really pissed me off.

oubronco
09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
i think Rev was just pissed they didn't use Tebow more

bowtown
09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Dude probably had some high hopes since he was at the game. Too bad the team didn't capitalize on some of the opportunities they had. And the kickoff coverage really pissed me off.

That's what this is. Loses always hurt more when you are at them, and it's only magnified by 100 when you are in the opponents stadium.

Broncoman13
09-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by TheReverend

But the most embarrassing part for me was our new "beefed up and physical" defense getting absolutely worked all day long. This is where the heat did come in and play a factor. When Vickerson came in fresh he was making plays. Williams and Bannan were toast. Bannan even needed help off the field at one point. We are -0 for in that kind of environment. I don't think it was a huge issue to anyone else besides our DL though.

Alright, lets peel that onion back a bit further. DL looked bad. McBean for sure looked poor. Williams did a decent job clogging the middle, just didn't get much help. Bannan was average today. LBs. DJ Williams was the only one that actually brought it today. Ayers, a few moments here and there but he still takes terrible angles. Garrard was toasting him and beating him to the edge at least twice. Hunter, nothing special but he did make a few plays. Simply average play for eveyone out side of DJ Williams and Mario Haggan. Haggan's play was absurd. It was bad enough that I would have called a timeout. Move Jason Hunter to SLB, DJ to the Weakside, and Woodyard to the middle. Kick Ayers down to the line and run a 4-3 from that point forward. Wink isn't a 3-4 guy. I'm sure he's been around plenty of great 3-4 minds, but he isn't a 3-4 guy himself. He's a guy that can get the most out of his LBs dropping into coverage and having the 4 DLs penetrate the pocket. The crap he was running out there today has to be dictated to him b/c it looked nothign like an aggressive Wink Martindale defense that get turnovers by the barrell. And I don't even want to get started on the secondary. Hill.... Doesn't belong. Plain and simple. Dawkins, brings it when there is a runnig play or a play in front of him. He's a beast blitzing...how many times did that happen? Champ got toasted a few times but also made some good plays. Goodwill was handed out free 15 yard gains every other series. We really need to get McBath back out on the field and figure out what we have there. If he can play we may only need to draft one safety next year... if not, where in for a duo.

This one I have to disagree on. Kyle Orton may not have made every single play that was open to him, but he made several reads, throws and plays with his feet that he didn't make last year. Facing a brutal pass rush, stepping up in the pocket and making some nice completions and twice running out to make first downs or come just shy of one. That is much improved play for KO. Is he Drew Brees, no. But he's a lot better than he was last year. Kyle Orton put a lot of balls in a lot of perfect spots. Spread the ball quite well and didn't have Decker or DT yet. This offense is only going to get better. NOt really worried about it. Just have to ride out this injury storm for another couple weeks.

The weather was not a factor. It was retardedly hot in the first half, but we held up well in the heat and it was PERFECTLY nice and cool for the ENTIRE second half when everything fell to pieces after a nice halftime break in the shade and a chance to rehydrate. Sorry, that excuse doesn't work today..

I think what bothered me the most about this game was the STs. You know it's hot as shiat out side and you keep Squid from dressing and never have Cash on the field. Not a smart plan.

As for STs, WTF!?! Where the hell was Vaughn and Cox? Where were Bruton and Jones. Joe Mays? Anybody see that fella? Seems like last year a good old #46 (SPencer Larsen) was thumping fools that dared to pass their 20! Where TF were they at?

Here's what needs to happen to make this right.

1) Harris and Clady heal up and anchor the ends.
2) Teach Daniels when he pulls it's more effective if he takes his guy and blocks him to the closest beach in town. As it is, he just kinda waves hi.
3) Put a foot up Richard Quinn's ass and while your at it put one up McBeans to wake TFU!!
4) Get DT and Decker on the field. DT spreads offenses and keeps safeties from filling the gaps so quickly. Knowshon did a great job running today with very little open in front of him. If it was not for him being so a great athlete he wouldn't have had squat.
5) Fix the playcalling. Bubble Sceens... WRs are blocking. RB Screen... OL blocking LBs and secondary.

broncogary
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
It takes 2-3 hrs just to get out of the Foxboro parking lots.

That stadium looked pretty empty for a supposed sell-out.

Broncoman13
09-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Wanna fix the defense. Draft this Guy:http://nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70987&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB

Von Miller, DS #2 OLB, Texas A&M

Name: Von Miller (+) Coming off ankle injury
College: Texas A&M Number: 40
Height: 6-2 Weight: 240
Position: OLB Pos2: ILB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2011
40 Time: 4.56 40 Low: 4.46 40 High: 4.67
Projected Round: 1 Stock:
Rated number 2 out of 233 OLB's 8 / 2590 TOTAL

Combine Results Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Height: 6026
Weight: 240
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates:
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #2 OLB, #9/750 Overall, 1
2009: A first-team All-America selection by Sporting News and Sports Illustrated ... became the first Aggie since Jason Webster in 1999 to earn first-team All-America accolades ... a second-team All-America selection by The Associated Press and the Walter Camp Football Foundation and a third-team pick by rivals.com ... a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 honoree ... leads the nation in sacks (17) and is fifth in tackles for loss (1.75/game) after the regular season ... has started all 12 games at the hybrid "jack" position ... 21 of 44 tackles in 2009 (48 percent) have been for loss ...2008: Big play defender saw action in all 12 games while starting four at outside linebacker ... notched 44 tackles including 25 solo stops ... explosive pass rusher led the team with 3.5 sacks ... also logged 7.5 tackles for loss ... forced a pair of fumbles and recovered two more ...2007: Named to the Freshman All-Big 12 team by The Sporting News ... posted 22 tackles including 10 solo stops ... recorded two quarterback sacks and four tackles for loss.

Broncoman13
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
In the 2nd round you go after a guy like this to help get Hill off the field!

DeAndre McDaniel, DS #1 SS, Clemson

Name: DeAndre McDaniel
College: Clemson Number: 2
Height: 6-0 Weight: 212
Position: SS Pos2: FS
40 Time: 4.54 40 Low: 4.46 40 High: 4.64
Projected Round: 2 Stock:
Rated number 1 out of 150 SS's 28 / 2590 TOTAL

Combine Invite:
Height: 6001
Weight: 212
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates:
Height: 6001
Weight: 212
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #1 SS, #29/750 Overall, 2
2009: Had eight interceptions and 102 tackles in 2009. The interception total was tied for third in the nation and he was the only player in college football last year with at least eight interceptions and at least 100 tackles. He was the first player in Clemson history to do both in the same season...2008: Came on strong during the second half of the season; he had 51 of his 77 tackles in the last seven games, including a team-high 11 tackles against South Carolina..had 10 special teams tackles, tied for second-most on the team...2007: First-team All-ACC freshman pick by Sporting News...played 438 snaps, second among Tiger freshman...tied for the most tackles by a Tiger freshman with 33...had at least one tackle in every game.

Dr.5280
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
The reverend is a total DRAMA QUEEN. There are alot of positive things about this game that surpass people with loosing attitudes.

Broncoman13
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
With our other 2nd round pick we put some speed on the offensive side of the ball. The player the Chiefs wich McClusster was!

Name: Noel Devine
College: West Virginia Number: 7
Height: 5-08 Weight: 180
Position: RB Pos2: KR
40 Time: 4.34 40 Low: 4.24 40 High: 4.46
Projected Round: 2-3 Stock:
Rated number 2 out of 189 RB's 39 / 2590 TOTAL

Combine Invite:
Height: 5076
Weight: 180
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates:
Height: 5076
Weight: 180
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #3 RB, #37/750 Overall, 2-3
2009: Unanimous BIG EAST Conference first-team selection by league coaches, Phil Steele and ESPN.com … Maxwell Award semifinalist … named to ESPN.com’s BIG EAST All-Bowl Team … played in 13 games and started 10 … saw action on more than 645 plays, including a season-high 74 at Auburn … used on 50 or more plays in nine games … led the team in rushing with 1,465 yards, averaging 6.1 yards a carry … scored 13 touchdowns rushing...Finished with 22 catches for 177 yards, an average of 8.0 yards per catch and scored a touchdown … No. 2 rusher in the BIG EAST Conference and No. 17 nationally … No. 4 in the BIG EAST in all-purpose yardage (1,742) and No. 43 nationally … No. 5 in scoring touchdowns and No. 9 in total offense and overall scoring (6.5) … had at least one reception in every game but Rutgers … finished with 100 or more yards rushing in seven games, including a career-high 220 yards against Colorado … collected 19 plays of 20 yards or more, including 14 rushing, one receiving and four kickoff returns … seven runs of 50 or more yards, including three for touchdowns...2008: Played all 13 games and started 12 … BIG EAST All-Conference second team … Phil Steele’s BIG EAST second team … saw action on more than 675 plays, including a season-high 71 against Cincinnati … used in 50 or more plays 11 times … team-leading rusher, registering 1,289 yards on 206 carries, an average of 6.3 yards per carry, four touchdowns and a long run of 92 yards … tied for second on the team with 35 catches for 185 yards with a long reception of 17 yards … collected 100 or more yards rushing five times, 100 or more all-purpose yards seven times and single plays of 20 yards or more 20 times…2007: Honored with the Danny Van Etten Rookie of the Year Award by the coaching staff … played in 12 games … third-leading rusher on the team with 627 yards on 73 carries, an average of 8.6 yards per carry … scored six touchdowns and had a long run of 76 yards … ranked No. 10 in the BIG EAST Conference in rushing yards per game … led the Mountaineers with 27 plays of 20 yards or more.

zdoor
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
This wasn't our most embarrassing loss. Any of the Prime time debacles (There has been a bunch) or last years loss to KC or Oakland is far worse.

That said it's pretty disappointing that with a boatload of picks over the last couple years our D is still pretty ineffective when it has to have a stop and our coverage special teams is STILL just plain awful.

We lost that game on stupid penalties, a turnover and giving up half the field before the offense even walked on it.

Broncoman13
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
The reverend is a total DRAMA QUEEN. There are alot of positive things about this game that surpass people with loosing attitudes.

No doubt. But there are also key pieces that we need to make us a top 10-15 team.

A DE/OLB that can get after the QB. A guy like Suggs or Doom which is exactly what Von Miller brings to the table.

A Safety that can get back in pass pro and make plays. Which is why I suggested the projected 2nd rounder, DeAndre McDaniel... plus the name fits!

Finally, we need a uber fast player on offense that can make something out of nothing. A guy that would be very similiar to CJ SPiller, but much stronger. Best would have been perfect for us this year but since we passed on him, let look toward Noel Divine. Speed like few others but incredibly strong! Kid benches 400# and has school records in squats. Can run inside, really run outside, moves on moves and catches the ball well. The perfect third down compliment to Knowshon.

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Shouldn't the title be 'Absolute Embrassment'? :)

Popps
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Shouldn't the title be 'Absolute Embrassment'? :)

It was a tribute to Mock.

Killericon
09-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Uh, what?

That's a problem.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/09/19/mathis.jpg

lolwut

loborugger
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM
This wasn't our most embarrassing loss. Any of the Prime time debacles (There has been a bunch) or last years loss to KC or Oakland is far worse.

How about losing to the Bills at home 2 seasons ago with the play offs on the line? Or how about the week after that in SD? Few expected us to win, but at least the team coulda showed up. Or, speaking of the Chuggers, how about last seasons implosion at home?

No, no, this wasn't even remotely the most embarrassing lose in the past 2/3 years.

Popps
09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
How about losing to the Bills at home 2 seasons ago with the play offs on the line? Or how about the week after that in SD? Few expected us to win, but at least the team coulda showed up. Or, speaking of the Chuggers, how about last seasons implosion at home?

No, no, this wasn't even remotely the most embarrassing lose in the past 2/3 years.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3504/endthread.jpg

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Uh what? The original post is almost 2 hours after the game finished...

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM
For the critics:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93702

Felt that really needed it's own thread.

NFLBRONCO
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
not to be a smart ass but our coach has been doing the cooking

Yeah McD deserves some blame for his bad choices. We lost Doom (yr) Harris(out few weeks) and Clady isn't 100% yet thats tough for a team with major front 7 issues as well.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 10:29 PM

No, sir. I explained earlier I was busy and had to run for a few hours.

By the way, I think my rage title spelling error has the potential for a fantastic Orangemane meme on par with "redicules".

theAPAOps5
09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
No, sir. I explained earlier I was busy and had to run for a few hours.

By the way, I think my rage title spelling error has the potential for a fantastic Orangemane meme on par with "redicules".

Oh I missed that! Well thank you anyways for such a fine thread!

SoCalBronco
09-12-2010, 10:47 PM

http://www.artthrob.co.za/99oct/images/absolute01a.jpg

This definitely has lobster like potential, Rev. :)

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.artthrob.co.za/99oct/images/absolute01a.jpg

This definitely has lobster like potential, Rev. :)

lol, i should edit the "E" out

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 11:36 PM
lol, i should edit the "E" out

Man, you're still ready to take on all comers? I have to admire your stamina after that super hot day at the stadium.

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Man, you're still ready to take on all comers? I have to admire your stamina after that super hot day at the stadium.

Tailgating and the first half were hot. The second half was absolutely not... as ColoradoDarin also said in this thread, it was borderline cold in the second half. As for playing with people in this thread... I'll never understand what is so hard for people to understand about this: I don't care what 99.9999% of the people here think of me. Period.

In this thread: People thinking I care about their opinion of me, which has been adorable. Random attacks and no one really getting the point when it's truthful and laid out in front of them.

1. Kyle played like he was unprepared

2. Our new overhauled defense got pushed around by a much less talented offense.

It's early but those two things NEED to be fixed moving forward. If our defense plays like they did in the second half this season, we'll be pining for Mike Nolan's return. If Orton plays like he did all season, we'll be second guessing Josh's ability to gameplan an offense regardless of prior success in NE. If both fail to be remedied, we'll be staring at a top 5-10 draft pick.

It's not "OH MY GOD WE'RE DOOMED", but it's absolutely cause for alarm. Let's hope for a solid rebound, better preparation and better execution next week at home.

baja
09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Tailgating and the first half were hot. The second half was absolutely not... as ColoradoDarin also said in this thread, it was borderline cold in the second half. As for playing with people in this thread... I'll never understand what is so hard for people to understand about this: I don't care what 99.9999% of the people here think of me. Period.

In this thread: People thinking I care about their opinion of me, which has been adorable. Random attacks and no one really getting the point when it's truthful and laid out in front of them.

2. Our new overhauled defense got pushed around by a much less talented offense.

It's early but those two things NEED to be fixed moving forward. If our defense plays like they did in the second half this season, we'll be pining for Mike Nolan's return. If Orton plays like he did all season, we'll be second guessing Josh's ability to gameplan an offense regardless of prior success in NE. If both fail to be remedied, we'll be staring at a top 5-10 draft pick.

<b>It's not "OH MY GOD WE'RE DOOMED", but it's absolutely cause for alarm. Let's hope for a solid rebound, better preparation and better execution next week at home.
well this is better than the "most embarrassing lose ever." ;D

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
well this is better than the "most embarrassing lose ever." ;D

Didn't say that.

Requiem
09-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Didn't say that.

Ah. . .

but this is bar none the most embarrassing loss I can remember.

Do you remember?

TheReverend
09-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Ah. . .

Do you remember?

Ooooh nice! I thought it was the most embarrassing since the AFCCG but I definitely didn't say that there

Miss I.
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Eh. Most embarrassing loss? hardly. All I can figure is that you don't get embarrassed by much. I mean we do have mutliple photos of you with an inflated lobster so it would seem logical. ;D

OMS, orangemane meltdown syndrome. I get upset during PMS, evidently for guys its something more akin to sports related meltdowns. Is this the sports moment where I advise you to rub some dirt on it or something? Because if that's the case there are a lot of people on here who need to take a mudbath (which is really good for your skin too).

I cursed admittedly during the game. I saw the facemask calls and I wanted to kick somebody's bum, preferably the idiot who did it. I was frustrated by the last pick because I don't think we needed to do a hail mary or whatever the that was. In the scheme of it, we will move on, but it's gonna be a long season if every week (win or lose) we get this kind of thread (and come on, people meltdown even when we win because there is always going to be something we should've done better...or omg did you see the chicago game, that jay cutler is the gawd of football, I can't believe we let him go for the 9000th time).

At any rate, rub some dirt on it, take some midol, drink some shots. And now I should go to work, now that really sucks.. damn it. ;D

baja
09-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Eh. Most embarrassing loss? hardly. All I can figure is that you don't get embarrassed by much. I mean we do have mutliple photos of you with an inflated lobster so it would seem logical. ;D

OMS, orangemane meltdown syndrome. I get pissy on PMS, evidently for guys its something more akin to sports related meltdowns. Is this the sports moment where I advise you to rub some dirt on it or something? Because if that's the case there are a lot of people on here who need to take a mudbath (which is really good for your skin too).

I cursed admittedly during the game. I saw the facemask calls and I wanted to kick somebody's ass, preferably the idiot who did it. I was frustrated by the last pick because I don't think we needed to do a hail mary or whatever the hell that was. In the scheme of it, we will move on, but it's gonna be a long<b> motherfking season</b> if every week (win or lose) we get this kind of thread (and come on, people meltdown even when we win because there is always going to be something we should've done better...or omg did you see the chicago game, that jay cutler is the gawd of football, I can't believe we let him go for the 9000th time).

At any rate, rub some dirt on it, take some midol, drink some shots. And now I should go to work, now that really sucks.. damn it. ;D

that never sounds nice coming from a woman JMO

SoCalBronco
09-13-2010, 12:17 AM

OMS, orangemane meltdown syndrome. I get pissy on PMS, evidently for guys its something more akin to sports related meltdowns. Is this the sports moment where I advise you to rub some dirt on it or something? Because if that's the case there are a lot of people on here who need to take a mudbath (which is really good for your skin too).

I cursed admittedly during the game. I saw the facemask calls and I wanted to kick somebody's ass, preferably the idiot who did it. I was frustrated by the last pick because I don't think we needed to do a hail mary or whatever the hell that was. In the scheme of it, we will move on, but it's gonna be a long motherfking season if every week (win or lose) we get this kind of thread (and come on, people meltdown even when we win because there is always going to be something we should've done better...or omg did you see the chicago game, that jay cutler is the gawd of football, I can't believe we let him go for the 9000th time).

This team will be fine. There's nothing a couple swigs of Purple Drank can't cure.

Go Broncos.

Cito Pelon
09-13-2010, 12:36 AM

It's not "OH MY GOD WE'RE DOOMED", but it's absolutely cause for alarm. Let's hope for a solid rebound, better preparation and better execution next week at home.

1. Disagree

2. Eh, maybe. But the kickoff coverage units contributed too much to the Jags field position.

I'm not gonna worry too much right now, certainly not as much as you.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah, we do have trouble with TE coverage. I think we were damn near last year in that category.

I dont know, Haggan trying to run him down while we had two DB dancing with a J'Ville player in the endzone looks like a bright spot!

BTW lobster boy REV, you can go back one game for an embarrasing loss worse than this. How easy you forget the Chiefs game.

baja
09-13-2010, 01:50 AM
I dont know, Haggan trying to run him down while we had two DB dancing with a J'Ville player in the endzone looks like a bright spot!

BTW lobster boy REV, you can go back one game for an embarrasing loss worse than this. How easy you forget the Chiefs game.

LOL good point

LongDongJohnson
09-13-2010, 02:34 AM
i thought losing 30-10 to the raiders at home in 2008 was pretty embarrassing.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 03:19 AM
i thought losing 30-10 to the raiders at home in 2008 was pretty embarrassing.

I think Baja is going to do the "most embarrassing loss this decade" Or will CBF beat him to it?

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Jax is not that big of a town. So he can get around a bit faster than other football towns.

We were home about an hour & 15 after the game ended, and 45 minutes of that is driving. Really, once you get out of your parking lot, the area is well designed to get traffic out quickly.

TheReverend
09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
We were home about an hour & 15 after the game ended, and 45 minutes of that is driving. Really, once you get out of your parking lot, the area is well designed to get traffic out quickly.

It took me about 30 mins to drive, but a good hour to find Talleyrand ave walking out... exited the wrong side of the stadium. It took you almost two hours to get back to St Augustine?!?!?

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 07:34 AM

I cursed admittedly during the game. I saw the facemask calls and I wanted to kick somebody's ass, preferably the idiot who did it. I was frustrated by the last pick because I don't think we needed to do a hail mary or whatever the hell that was. In the scheme of it, we will move on, but it's gonna be a long motherfking season if every week (win or lose) we get this kind of thread (and come on, people meltdown even when we win because there is always going to be something we should've done better...or omg did you see the chicago game, that jay cutler is the gawd of football, I can't believe we let him go for the 9000th time).

Post of the day/week/whatever.

ColoradoDarin
09-13-2010, 07:42 AM
It took me about 30 mins to drive, but a good hour to find Talleyrand ave walking out... exited the wrong side of the stadium. It took you almost two hours to get back to St Augustine?!?!?

No, it only took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get home, but 30 minutes of that was waiting to get out of the parking lot (we were all the way by the river on the south side). I was trying to say that without traffic it takes about 45 minutes to drive from downtown to where we live, and that's what it took after we got out of the parking lot. My brain's pretty mushy this AM :)

Hercules Rockefeller
09-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Average team, one or two plays not going their way can cost them a game. Totally different outcome if one of Beadles hold or Buckhalter's fumble don't occur.

This probably won't be their only loss like that this season too.

Miss I.
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
that never sounds nice coming from a woman JMO

And now it's fixed. I still hold by my opinion on the game, but in the endeavor to be more appropriate for the board, I will refrain from cursing of any kind in the future. I will leave that to our coach, as he seems to like using it as a coaching tool. :curtsey:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Not really... playing like he was unprepared, to me at least, seems like he would have had far fewer yards, a lot more interceptions, and a lot more sacks.

He may not have been as prepared as you want, but calling him "unprepared" is hyperbole.

TonyR
09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Our new overhauled defense got pushed around by a much less talented offense.

Legwold's article today ( http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16058674 ) suggests that much/most of the rushing damage was done against our nickel. Agree/disagree? Did we over-employ the nickel? Curious what people think of this and the implications.

MaloCS
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Average team, one or two plays not going their way can cost them a game. Totally different outcome if one of Beadles hold or Buckhalter's fumble don't occur.

This probably won't be their only loss like that this season too.

I agree; average team at best.

Your post, although accurate, has a positive lean to it. One can also point out the three dropped interceptions that Orton almost threw. One of those "almost" interceptions was on the last touchdown drive at the goal line. If the DB holds on to the ball you can wipe off that 7 points.

If we're going to play the "shoulda woulda coulda" game then it has to be played both ways.

Regardless, I agree with your overall assessment of the team and game; average team at best with similar losses on the horizon.

MaloCS
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
The question I find myself asking is "Does Orton's presence propel this team deep into the playoffs while making a serious run at winning the Super Bowl?" If the answer is no, which I believe it to be, then there's no reason to keep him in there. Keeping him in there only prolongs the maturation process of the offensive unit and Tebow.

As a fan, I want to win and win sooner rather then later. This means that the Broncos need to embrace the "rebuilding" process and get their young talent some serious playing time. These young guys need the opportunity to take their lumps and grow into the front office's expectations. By being stubborn and keeping the aging verterans in the line up the Broncos are effectively pushing back the timeline to when they will be a force in the NFL.

There is one area that I believe is going to be all the better considering the current situation; the offensive line. Through a series of injuries the Broncos are forced to play their young, talented linemen. These linemen, although rough around the edges will gain valuable experience by having to deal with the best that each opponent can muster. These guys will grow and they will live up to their expectations sooner rather then later.

On the other hand, guys like Royal, Decker and Thomas should be getting the vast majority of reps instead of Gaffney and Lloyd. Royal, Decker and Thomas are the future and they need to take their lumps this year so in 2011 and beyond they are a force to be reckoned with. Watching Lloyd make some beautiful catches is fun but those opportunities need to go to the young talent that's going to be the core of the offense in years to come.

Keeping the aging veterans in the starting line up is based off of the assumption that the team is going to make a serious run at a Super Bowl title. If that assumption is false then this practice will only serve to hurt the team instead of help it. As starry eyed fans we want to believe that every year OUR team has the chance to win the Supper Bowl but there comes a time when we have to be realistic about the team's chances to do so. This is one of those cases.

Due to a change in coach's, a change in scheme, a change in personnel and a change in philosophy this team needs a year or two to regroup and rebuild. I went from a McD hater to someone that has accepted the fact that Shanny's 2.5 year rebuilding process has been extended by another 2 years; at a minimum. Let's get these young guys in there so as fans, we can watch the future develop and have something to look forward to. Otherwise, we're just going to be stuck in football limbo while we hope for some stop gap, free agent to turn the tide.

fontaine
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
The question I find myself asking is ". . . .

Great post and I completely agree on the OL.

But I have to disagree with your take on Tebow and the younger WRs.

Putting inexperienced and young QBs behind a shaky OL is a pretty sure way to let your QB develop really bad habits early on. Even older vets will regress when they get smacked around (Warner, Bulger in St. Louis for example).

Especially considering Tebow doesn't know the offense, has to vastly improve taking the ball off the snap, and continue to improve his mechanics.

Also, you risk pissing off the vets in the team who are better players right now by promoting rookies and younger players without them winning the job outright.

But other than that, I agree with you, it's an extra 2 years for me before this team can shore up the holes in the roster.

NFLBRONCO
09-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I think embarrassing games are coming up (Indy Balt Tenn NYJ)

baja
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM
I wonder of the teams on our schedule how many of their fans have us penciled in as a win for them.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I think embarrassing games are coming up (Indy Balt Tenn NYJ)

I feel like this might be one of those seasons where we play up and down based on the quality of our competition. /shrug

Popps
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
I wonder of the teams on our schedule how many of their fans have us penciled in as a win for them.

Most, I'd assume.

Teams will overlook us this year. At least we'll have that going for us.

It's all good, imo. I hope we make progress this year, but we need our real starters to know where we are. Unfortunately, that won't happen until next season.

fontaine
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
It's all good, imo. I hope we make progress this year, but we need our real starters to know where we are. Unfortunately, that won't happen until next season.

Real starters?

Like who?

cutthemdown
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Well I am right. I wasn't quite as enraged as you though when I said it.

Problem with the Broncos is the stud players they do have are injured (clady, doom) Anyone trying to say well Clady is coming back, maybe doom can be replaced, are stupid. Clady looks injured still and I'm not surprised really. He had a very serious injury and probably need 2 months still to feel right. Doom is such a special player our whole defense was designed around getting him different spots to rush passer from. He was the single worst player we could lose on defense. His twice as valuable as Bailey at this point.

It's not that I think Broncos have nothing going for them. They just don't have very much. Moreno avg, Orton Avg, bunch of role player type WR, avg TE. When you add up avg avg avg injured IMO it equals 6-10.

I was the one saying when everyone pissed because I won't be a homer that in 2-3 games people would be in here melting down about the Broncos. Guess it only took 1.

The sad thing is I picked Broncos to win this 1. I figured if they are going to get to the 6-8 wins I predicted they would need games like this.

The yr could end uglier then I thought it would.

I'm now also really worried about Orton's inability to make plays on 3rd down when it really counts. He lacks the "it" factor you need to be a great QB.

We will see but Orton seems to fall apart a bit on 3rd down. So without a really good running game I fear we see a lot of him not winning close games.

cutthemdown
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Real starters?

Like who?

He's basically saying Doom, Clady still hurt, Harris injured. If those 3 were strong people feel everything would be cheeky.

It would be better but IMO we still wouldn't be ready to take on the big boys. Broncos need playmakers period. They are a team of decent, avg, role player types. Mcdaniels forget that NE won because they had Brady and he's a gamer. The role player BS was just a way to get people to play cheap.

To win in the NFL you need some studs.

cutthemdown
09-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Wow. ROFL!

Well if KC was ever going to make a statement it would be tonight. Chance to maybe get back on top of afc west. Or more likely the team still stinks and chargers run you over.

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Most, I'd assume.

Teams will overlook us this year. At least we'll have that going for us.

ah yes! Next season. Those two words that make it all better. Hope that will spring eternal.

**** next season!

TheReverend
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Well if KC was ever going to make a statement it would be tonight. Chance to maybe get back on top of afc west. Or more likely the team still stinks and chargers run you over.

Good news for us.

After the game tonight, the entire Chargers team will be arrested for rape. That's how bad they will beat KC.

If convicted, we could take over the AFCW.

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
We can't even count to 11 on the Defense! We ain't taking over ****.

Yah, I'm going to be grumpy ALL ****ING WEEK LONG.

yerner
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Mike Mccoy? Anybody care to tell me what the hell this dude does? If his only job was to repeat the words, " Throw the ball down field" I would say he is worth his pay, but for some reason I'm imagining him parking Mcd's minivan and pausing Mcd's ipod from repeating Taylor Swift songs..

Sorry, I'm bitter as hell right now. Shanny's winning games in my state.

PRBronco
09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
We can't even count to 11 on the Defense! We ain't taking over ****.

Yah, I'm going to be grumpy ALL ****ING WEEK LONG.

Yoda, you're being absolute redicules.

WolfpackGuy
09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Legwold's article today ( http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16058674 ) suggests that much/most of the rushing damage was done against our nickel. Agree/disagree? Did we over-employ the nickel? Curious what people think of this and the implications.

Well, if they played a lot of nickel, then that's just sad Garrard had a career day against it...

TailgateNut
09-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I was wondering what that noise was that I heard coming from my laptop yesterday afternoon. Now I know it was just the OM WHINING!

Kaylore
09-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Well our third down percentage went way up! LOL. I'm not sure what to make of that. Orton was much more effective on third down. It seems we once again have a loaded receiving corps.

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Well our third down percentage went way up! LOL. I'm not sure what to make of that. Orton was much more effective on third down. It seems we once again have a loaded receiving corps.

Definitely. And look what happens when that goes up? We score and win football games!

OMG.

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I know its redicules! Mistakes were cut out almost. Special Teams sucks ass and there are other worries but it was a good game!

HEAV
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM

Even more important was the long time consuming drives that ended with touchdowns!

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I know its redicules! Mistakes were cut out almost. Special Teams sucks ass and there are other worries but it was a good game!

You know what? Cox's return to the 5 I fully support. Sure, our FP sucks, but anyone with their head up who wants to balls out to try and make a homerun play, I'll never knock em for it.

baja
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Imagine what it will look like when the O line gets everyone healthy

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I was more referring to the lack of coverage and whiffs on punt return coverage!

TheReverend
09-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I was more referring to the lack of coverage and whiffs on punt return coverage!

Oh I know. It wasn't specific to your comment, just something I wanted to bring up and you mentioning ST reminded me.

Naggle Nole
09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
You know what? Cox's return to the 5 I fully support. Sure, our FP sucks, but anyone with their head up who wants to balls out to try and make a homerun play, I'll never knock em for it.

That certainly depends on situation too
When we are up by three scores, or if we are down and absolutely must have a play? Okay
In a game that is tied or close and he pulls that? Off with his head

Rock Chalk
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Eh, it was a poor decision. It'd be one thing if our coverage units showed some promise but they don't. He had to know that nothing good was going to come out of it. I like his enthusiasm but it was still a poor choice.

He was outstanding in coverage though.

enjolras
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Ya... I thought Cox far outplayed Goodman today.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 09:20 PM
the broncos lost to the Jags and beat the titans....absolute embarrasing

joe9999
10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
This is a strange year. Somes teams with are supposedly talented, lay eggs on any given Sunday.

The Broncos, give Josh credit, consistently give effort with the talent they have. You have to say the same about Shanahan`s Redskins.

TheReverend
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Continuing my 100% correct streak for 5 years running.

Patiently accepting your apologies.

Circle Orange
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
my mind is officially blank after these bizarre losses.

On football america (NBC) they just announced MacCD will probably lose some power if he stays on. Too little, too late.

Gutless Drunk
10-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Bump for Jacksonville week. Last time we played the Jags it was an absolute embarrass as Jags won 24-17.

bronco militia
10-11-2013, 08:00 AM
ha ha...good bump

TheReverend
10-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Man this thread took so much **** for being spot the **** on.

Stupid McFans

TonyR
10-11-2013, 08:09 AM

LOL Reading through this, my favorite part so far is the guy who now has me on ignore saying I had the "best post of the thread".

TheReverend
10-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Oh God... this is a great re-read.

This ended up being the WORST season in Broncos history and quite literally for EVERY reason I highlight in the OP and throughout the thread, yet look at all the McFans telling me Orton is headed to the probowl after I warn them.

Kaylore
10-11-2013, 08:17 AM
This wasn't even the worst part. The Raider game was, followed closely by the Niner game where we cheated and still lost.

TheReverend
10-11-2013, 08:18 AM
This wasn't even the worst part. The Raider game was, followed closely by the Niner game where we cheated and still lost.

It was the first game of the season.

When I made this thread it was not only the worst part, it was the ONLY part.

crush17
10-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Kyle Orton.

I AM DISAPPOINT.

randerson1184
10-11-2013, 08:24 AM
It's amazing to re-read the first several pages of this thread. O-mane's collective demeanor sure has changed.

It's also amazing what bringing on PFM, a solid coaching staff, Welker, Von Miller, etc. can do for a team. 2010 was only 3 seasons ago? ....crazy!

I remember after 2010, when Elway was brought on board, I instantly became much more optimistic about the Broncos' future. I didn't expect us to field the kind of team we have now though.

bronco militia
10-11-2013, 08:42 AM
It's amazing to re-read the first several pages of this thread. O-mane's collective demeanor sure has changed.

It's also amazing what bringing on PFM, a solid coaching staff, Welker, Von Miller, etc. can do for a team. 2010 was only 3 seasons ago? ....crazy!

I remember after 2010, when Elway was brought on board, I instantly became much more optimistic about the Broncos' future. I didn't expect us to field the kind of team we have now though.

I was ready for Mr. B to fire Mcdumbass after the first season. The **** he pulled with Brandon Marshall and that last game vs KC should have been enough to get himself canned. Too bad we had to sit through 12 more games :cuss:

ColoradoDarin
10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Wanna fix the defense. Draft this Guy:http://nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70987&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB

Von Miller, DS #2 OLB, Texas A&M

Name: Von Miller (+) Coming off ankle injury
College: Texas A&M Number: 40
Height: 6-2 Weight: 240
Position: OLB Pos2: ILB
40 Time: 4.56 40 Low: 4.46 40 High: 4.67
Projected Round: 1 Stock:
Rated number 2 out of 233 OLB's 8 / 2590 TOTAL

Combine Invite:
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Dates:
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #2 OLB, #9/750 Overall, 1
2009: A first-team All-America selection by Sporting News and Sports Illustrated ... became the first Aggie since Jason Webster in 1999 to earn first-team All-America accolades ... a second-team All-America selection by The Associated Press and the Walter Camp Football Foundation and a third-team pick by rivals.com ... a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 honoree ... leads the nation in sacks (17) and is fifth in tackles for loss (1.75/game) after the regular season ... has started all 12 games at the hybrid "jack" position ... 21 of 44 tackles in 2009 (48 percent) have been for loss ...2008: Big play defender saw action in all 12 games while starting four at outside linebacker ... notched 44 tackles including 25 solo stops ... explosive pass rusher led the team with 3.5 sacks ... also logged 7.5 tackles for loss ... forced a pair of fumbles and recovered two more ...2007: Named to the Freshman All-Big 12 team by The Sporting News ... posted 22 tackles including 10 solo stops ... recorded two quarterback sacks and four tackles for loss.

Look at this good call!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
This team as well as most of the posters are sad. If you think we are working towards the playoffs you have a screw loose.

Seems this dude was worried too. Pretty accurate

Also even texatebow dropped a 4-12 prediction

broncocalijohn
10-11-2013, 12:00 PM

Yet some (BAJA among some others) thought we were going backwards for bringing in a rookie GM.

Also, I nicely forgot about MVPlaya until this was bumped and started reading parts of the thread. That guy had to be a Raiders plant living in Denver. Top 10 douchebag of all time at the Mane.

fontaine
10-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Kyle Orton.

I AM DISAPPOINT.

Kyle Orton.

REDICULES.

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Kyle Orton.

REDICULES.

Hey, he helps me out all the time without even knowing it. Any time I hear the locals chirping on and on about how Brady can make anyone look good (not that I hear it much any more....mostly over the Summer after Welker came to Denver), all I have to do is point out how much better Brandon Lloyd (and Jabar Gaffney) looked with Orton than he did with Brady.

Irish Stout
10-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Gosh, I hope I didn't say anything dumb in here. Like all things Broncos, I defended McD up until he was caught cheating and I tried to continually give him the benefit of the doubt. It was a struggle for me, but I did it. I am always blindly optimistic about this team and I always seem to talk myself into their decisions.

pricejj
10-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Looks like Orton restructured this year to keep his job. Still due $4M through 2014 to sit there and look like a doofus.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/174359017-dallas-cowboys-quarterback-kyle-orton-gives-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QW6JTYVPyCGdDFcJKgoPRowQpU38 Yvj6NEUZYVopdp79Ylx3jUZV3xpqO38ljAwvBCdWF46eqwI4g1 igSVIeezs%3d