PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Embarrassing

Pages : 1 [2]

2KBack
10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Gosh, I hope I didn't say anything dumb in here. Like all things Broncos, I defended McD up until he was caught cheating and I tried to continually give him the benefit of the doubt. It was a struggle for me, but I did it. I am always blindly optimistic about this team and I always seem to talk myself into their decisions.

I do the same thing....just embrace it. There's nothing wrong with being a fan.

pricejj
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Gosh, I hope I didn't say anything dumb in here. Like all things Broncos, I defended McD up until he was caught cheating and I tried to continually give him the benefit of the doubt. It was a struggle for me, but I did it. I am always blindly optimistic about this team and I always seem to talk myself into their decisions.

McD was never a Bronco, that was obvious from the start from the way he treated the players, the fans, and the organization. I have always believed that he was a Bellicheat plant.

The smirk on his face, as he left Dove Valley, proves it.

DENVERDUI55
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
McD was never a Bronco, that was obvious from the start from the way he treated the players, the fans, and the organization. I have always believed that he was a Bellicheat plant.

The smirk on his face, as he left Dove Valley, proves it.

As bad as he was he did draft some key players.

Lestat
10-11-2013, 02:05 PM

True, but the development of those players came under Fox and co.
He had far too many whiffs. Now he did clean up a bit of the cap and make it a smoother transition.

But he was a absolute piece of ****. There has only been one time in which I did not support a coach to the point of hoping the team would do bad so he would get fired.
The was when Josh McDaniels was hired as HC. Even when we started off undefeated and beat the Pats I was still hoping he would fail.

Not even with Sacco as HC did I root against the Avs, not with Rodriguez as coach at Michigan, Not in the last few years of Shanny as HC and seeing that putrid defense trotted out every year. Not with Tim Floyd as coach of the Bulls.

I sincerely hated that dude from the moment he was hired and even to now.
I have no earthly idea as to why, I just did.
I am ashamed to say I rooted for my team to fail but am glad we did so that we only had to put up with him for a little while and it spurred Elway to come back and fix the team.

pricejj
10-11-2013, 04:20 PM

I would hope he could get something for getting rid of 2 young Pro-Bowlers.

Dropping Cutler for Orton (as his 1st move with the Broncos) was enough for me to hate him for the rest of my life.

Archer81
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Everyone can see his Orton bashing is embarassing. Too bad he can't. He's a good poster otherwise.

Wow.

:Broncos:

Lestat
10-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I would hope he could get something for getting rid of 2 young Pro-Bowlers.

Dropping Cutler for Orton (as his 1st move with the Broncos) was enough for me to hate him for the rest of my life.

And how... It is still to this day retarded as **** to have so badly wanted Cassel when you already had Cutler under team control and coming off a huge season.

ZONA
10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
And how... It is still to this day retarded as **** to have so badly wanted Cassel when you already had Cutler under team control and coming off a huge season.

Meh, they both suck. Cutler will never win a superbowl and obviously neither will Cassel.

I look at it this way, those bad things had to happen, which led this team to hiring Elway, bringing in Fox and ultimately signing PM and also drafting so well that past 2 years.

Rohirrim
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM

Trust me, if not for PmfM, plenty of people on here would already be throwing Fox under the bus. Some are anyway. ;D

Lestat
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Meh, they both suck. Cutler will never win a superbowl and obviously neither will Cassel.

I look at it this way, those bad things had to happen, which led this team to hiring Elway, bringing in Fox and ultimately signing PM and also drafting so well that past 2 years.

I'm not complaining about the end result. If McDaniels didn't **** up so royally and unabashedly we wouldn't have Peyton Manning and crew doing the damn thing.
Similar to if Lacroix had not ****ed up in backing Sacco the Avs would never have seen how far gone he was and hired Sakic and co.

Lestat
10-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Trust me, if not for PmfM, plenty of people on here would already be throwing Fox under the bus. Some are anyway. ;D

Yeah but those are the same people who thought it was a dumb ass idea to hire Elway because he had no NFL GM experience, to hire Fox because his most recent Carolina teams were crappy, to hire Jack Del Rio because he was a suck ass coach his last 3 years or so in Jacksonville and to draft Von Miller when he can't play in a 4-3.

DomCasual
10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I didn't follow the team during their early years. But from when I started paying attention as a young tyke in '77, this was clearly the darkest hour for being a Broncos fan.

My son started really getting into the team during the Tebow season. A few weeks ago (I think it was the Raiders game), he said something to the effect of, "You know, as good as they played, it was almost a little boring. You knew the Raiders were over-matched. It was just predictable." It made me chuckle. You almost forget what it's like to watch a game when you just know you're going to lose. At the end of this 2010 year, you were watching for no other reason than your blind loyalty. What a train wreck that season was!

In a word, it was absolute embarrassing.

errand
10-11-2013, 05:32 PM

In fairness though, Orton's 2009 season was better than Cutler's 2009.

Orton went 8-7 as our starter in 2009, completing 336 of 541 passes 62.1% for 3802 yards 21 TD's and 12 INT's

Cutler went 7-9 as the Bears starter in 2009, completing 336 of 555 passes 60.5 for 3666 yards 27 TD's and 26 INT's

errand
10-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I didn't follow the team during their early years. But from when I started paying attention as a young tyke in '77, this was clearly the darkest hour for being a Broncos fan. What a train wreck that season was!

while 2010 was our worst season in the past couple of decades, there were some that in my opinion were just as frustrating if not as bad.

For instance 1990 we went 5-11 losing 9 of 10 at one point with a future HoF QB at the helm with a 1200 yd rusher in Bobby Humphrey and other pretty good players like Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, Simon Fletcher, Karl Mecklenburg, etc...was very frustrating watching a team with that kind of talent finding new ways to lose. There was even a radio personality who lived on a billboard for almost 2 months because of how badly that team was.

Most on here recall the hard drop off a cliff froma SB title high as the Broncos in 1999 started 0-4, and finished 6-10.

And if you really want to see futile efforts, check out many of the games the Broncos played in the AFL. How bad were those Broncos? We beat the Raiders on Oct. 14, 1962 and didn't win another game against them until a decade later...a record of 0-17-1.

Between 1963 and 1976 the Broncos went 2-24-2 against the hated Raiders

In 1982 the Broncos went 2-7 in the strike shortened season.

They also 2-11-1 in consecutive seasons '63-'64

the 2010 Broncos were bad, but they weren't much worse than some of our other bad teams.

Blueflame
10-12-2013, 02:25 PM
I didn't follow the team during their early years. But from when I started paying attention as a young tyke in '77, this was clearly the darkest hour for being a Broncos fan.

My son started really getting into the team during the Tebow season. A few weeks ago (I think it was the Raiders game), he said something to the effect of, "You know, as good as they played, it was almost a little boring. You knew the Raiders were over-matched. It was just predictable." It made me chuckle. You almost forget what it's like to watch a game when you just know you're going to lose. At the end of this 2010 year, you were watching for no other reason than your blind loyalty. What a train wreck that season was!

If you look it up in the dictionary, I'm sure one listed definition for "absolute embarrassing" would be "getting caught cheating and still losing the game anyway".

TheChamp24
10-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I honestly liked McDaniels at first, it seemed he was building the team up where we were weak. 6-0 start in 2009 beating some solid teams along the way. People want to say he drafted well, but honestly he was helped out by trading away star talent and even then, still made questionable choices.
The 2009 draft class, Moreno, Ayers and Bruton are the only ones to remain with the team. We had 10 picks that year, including 5 in the first 2 rounds. Yet came away with one average RB and an average at best DE. Ayers I would argue was a terrible pick for us at the time due to him being a 4-3 DE and us going to a 3-4 look.
2010:
D. Thomas, who was a solid pick but don't forget we traded away Brandon Marshall and then picked his replacement in the 1st round
Tebow, we traded away Cutler so lets take his replacement and successor for Orton
Beadles, Walton, Decker were great, solid picks. Well, Walton maybe not that great. Beadles is a solid starting OL, Decker a good #2 WR.

But McDaniels used picks in a horrible way, trading a 1st rounder to get alphonso Smith for instance. Trading up to take a blocking TE in Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. Then he turned out to be a terrible head coach, coming up with horrible game plans and his talent selection was sub par.

I remember getting so excited when he got canned.

Miss I.
10-12-2013, 04:01 PM

I felt as you did sir. I am almost certain I posted something incredibly idiotic. Frankly it's pretty much guaranteed I did in the hopes McD would turn out well. I was completely wrong in my estimation of him, but not so much in hoping for the best. At any rate, I am glad that error in history is over. Being at the London game and watching us lose again after the Raiders blow out was awful. On the upside I got to meet some overseas Bronco fans who were awesome. It is the only positive I can take from that Broncos time period.

spiralism
10-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I felt as you did sir. I am almost certain I posted something incredibly idiotic. Frankly it's pretty much guaranteed I did in the hopes McD would turn out well. I was completely wrong in my estimation of him, but not so much in hoping for the best. At any rate, I am glad that error in history is over. Being at the London game and watching us lose again after the Raiders blow out was awful. On the upside I got to meet some overseas Bronco fans who were awesome. It is the only positive I can take from that Broncos time period.

God that game pissed me off. First and only broncos game to attend to date, shelled out a solid 5/600 euro on ticket, accomodation and travel while i was in college and didnt have the money and the team cheated and humiliated themselves. Was a great experience going to it mind so no regrets but **** Josh McDaniels man.

TomServo
10-13-2013, 12:18 AM
i remember the 6-0 start and Never bought into it. two of our "quality wins" were against the patriots-brady coming back from his injury and missed Two wide open touchdowns. and the cowboys, the tony romo led cowboys. romo being romo, even back then, threw at champ bailey Twice, twice, on our goal line.
so as the chefs fans crow about being 5-0 and one of their "quallity wins" being against the cowboys... the broncos were 6-0 a few seasons ago.

Crushaholic
10-13-2013, 12:39 AM
i remember the 6-0 start and Never bought into it. two of our "quality wins" were against the patriots-brady coming back from his injury and missed Two wide open touchdowns. and the cowboys, the tony romo led cowboys. romo being romo, even back then, threw at champ bailey Twice, twice, on our goal line.
so as the chefs fans crow about being 5-0 and one of their "quallity wins" being against the cowboys... the broncos were 6-0 a few seasons ago.

In the interest of fairness, KC has a veteran NFL coach. We had a rookie who had no business being a head coach, at the time...

TomServo
10-13-2013, 12:46 AM
In the interest of fairness, KC has a veteran NFL coach. We had a rookie who had no business being a head coach, at the time...
true, but after all those wins andy reid has how many superbowl wins?
superbowl appearances? Mcd(umbass) and reid have the same number of superbowl rings.

Crushaholic
10-13-2013, 01:22 AM
true, but after all those wins andy reid has how many superbowl wins?
superbowl appearances? Mcd(umbass) and reid have the same number of superbowl rings.

I don't expect them to get anywhere, in the postseason, with Andy Reid. It is Kansas City, after all. They haven't done anything since being the 1970 Super Bowl champions. My only point is that I'm not expecting them to fall apart, in the second half of the season. It would be hilarious, if they do...Hilarious!

fontaine
10-13-2013, 01:56 AM
I honestly liked McDaniels at first, it seemed he was building the team up where we were weak. 6-0 start in 2009 beating some solid teams along the way. People want to say he drafted well, but honestly he was helped out by trading away star talent and even then, still made questionable choices.
The 2009 draft class, Moreno, Ayers and Bruton are the only ones to remain with the team. We had 10 picks that year, including 5 in the first 2 rounds. Yet came away with one average RB and an average at best DE. Ayers I would argue was a terrible pick for us at the time due to him being a 4-3 DE and us going to a 3-4 look.
2010:
D. Thomas, who was a solid pick but don't forget we traded away Brandon Marshall and then picked his replacement in the 1st round
Tebow, we traded away Cutler so lets take his replacement and successor for Orton
Beadles, Walton, Decker were great, solid picks. Well, Walton maybe not that great. Beadles is a solid starting OL, Decker a good #2 WR.

But McDaniels used picks in a horrible way, trading a 1st rounder to get alphonso Smith for instance. Trading up to take a blocking TE in Richard Quinn in the 2nd round. Then he turned out to be a terrible head coach, coming up with horrible game plans and his talent selection was sub par.

I remember getting so excited when he got canned.

He's also a terrible human being. Getting into yelling matches with his players on the sidelines, allowing his ego and micro management to spill over to the defense and then pissing off Nolan, creating the secretive and hyper controlling environment in dove valley, hiring his brother who had zero relevant coaching experience as QBs coach, and condoning video taping of another team's walkthrough.

He was a horrible coach and classless human being.

broncogary
10-13-2013, 06:36 AM
He's also a terrible human being. Getting into yelling matches with his players on the sidelines, allowing his ego and micro management to spill over to the defense and then pissing off Nolan, creating the secretive and hyper controlling environment in dove valley, hiring his brother who had zero relevant coaching experience as QBs coach, and condoning video taping of another team's walkthrough.

He was a horrible coach and classless human being.

I didn't know it was ever proven that he condoned the video taping. I just thought that a lot of people jumped to that conclusion.

TheReverend
10-13-2013, 06:57 AM
I didn't know it was ever proven that he condoned the video taping. I just thought that a lot of people jumped to that conclusion.

How would you define hiring someone at the center of a scandal for doing the same thing?

Pretty much textbook condoning.

broncogary
10-13-2013, 07:03 AM
How would you define hiring someone at the center of a scandal for doing the same thing?

Pretty much textbook condoning.

So he was the go-to guy for illegal videoing? I thought McD hired him to give him another chance, and the guy let him down.

TheReverend
10-13-2013, 07:23 AM
So he was the go-to guy for illegal videoing? I thought McD hired him to give him another chance, and the guy let him down.

If you hired someone who had been fired for unethical behavior that lead to a competitive advantage, then you're at minimum complicit in the repeated unethical behavior and, more likely, a party to that unethical behavior for a competitive advantage.

PS. I like broncogary. His avy gets me every time.

Rausch 2.0
10-13-2013, 07:23 AM
If you hired someone who had been fired for unethical behavior that lead to a competitive advantage, then you're at minimum complicit in the repeated unethical behavior and, more likely, a party to that unethical behavior for a competitive advantage.

Did I just read this on a Broncos BB?...

TheReverend
10-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Did I just read this on a Broncos BB?...

...I'm not sure what you're going for here, man. Are you referring to that late 90s salary cap bs again?

broncogary
10-13-2013, 07:29 AM

No doubt he took the fall. I doubt that he was so clueless that he couldn't have found someone else to cheat, if he wanted to.

Rausch 2.0
10-13-2013, 07:32 AM
...I'm not sure what you're going for here, man. Are you referring to that late 90s salary cap bs again?

No.

Just the 90's as a whole...

broncogary
10-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Anyway, I was thinking of switching to Maven's avy! LOL

TheReverend
10-13-2013, 07:48 AM
No.

Just the 90's as a whole...

You're better than that, Rausch. Cover yourself up, your KCStud is showing.

Rausch 2.0
10-13-2013, 08:04 AM
You're better than that, Rausch.

I am.

It's why I don't cheat.

That said...

My team hasn't won a playoff game since I was 16 though so I hope they cheat, bribe, and if they have to kidnap the children of all on field officials this year...

bronco militia
10-13-2013, 02:37 PM
the first half....Absolute Embarrassing

Man-Goblin
10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Did not expect Peyton to throw a schaub at the end of the half...

bronco militia
10-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Did not expect Peyton to throw a schaub at the end of the half...

that was an eli :D

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I thought this thread was about the game and was impressed it had already reached 12 pages.

bronco militia
10-13-2013, 03:19 PM
our secondary looks terrible....again

Blueflame
10-13-2013, 03:25 PM
No doubt he took the fall. I doubt that he was so clueless that he couldn't have found someone else to cheat, if he wanted to.

Hmm -- I had chalked it up to arrogance rather than cluelessness.