PDA

View Full Version : Coach McDaniels interview after Jags game...

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-at-Jaguars-McDaniels/633682a0-99a5-44dd-b89a-88a44803d90f

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, we made too many mistakes. I thought we did some good things...but, we have alot to improve on. Blah, blah.

EmpireOrange
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
He looks and sounds like a guy searching for answers, possible starting to feel a little over his head. Wait till Indy gets ahold of this bendover defense then he'll really have a blank thousand yard stare at the podium

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
He looks and sounds like a guy searching for answers, possible starting to feel a little over his head. Wait till Indy gets ahold of this bendover defense then he'll really have a blank thousand yard stare at the podium

What the **** are you talking about?

Sassy
09-12-2010, 03:24 PM

Yeah well, did you watch Indy today?
Not that impressed...

bloodsunday
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
look at the stats and we held our own (or won) except for 2 categories: turnovers and special teams yardage allowed.

scttgrd
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
He looks like a guy that has no clue. He is just as confused as most of you. Figures.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I stopped listening to Mcd last season..Bowlen made a mistake of hiring him.
Idiot doesn't know how to coach. All teams figured out his style.
We won 2 games out of 11.
Pathetic..

Denver724
09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

He is just stating the obvious. Manning will come in ready to go. We lose to Seattle next week 0-6 looks to be very possible (Colts, Titans, Ravens and Jets on the schedule next).

yerner
09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Not that impressed...

Good comparison.

EmpireOrange
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Not that impressed...

Yeah I did, did watch houston today? That's a good team. We're screwed when we see them too. Good for Kub tho

Sassy
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
look at the stats and we held our own (or won) except for 2 categories: turnovers and special teams yardage allowed.

One word: McBean!

yerner
09-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Pathetic..

It's not that he won't be a good coach. It's just that he won't show results very soon. Read that Mangini article in last weeks ESPN mag. I imagine its very similiar to what Mcd is going through. It just a sad idea that we have to wait for this guy to figure out his own head coaching style.

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Unlike the Broncos, the Texans have backs who can take it to the house.

The Colts will be there in the end though eventhough their defense is ****.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
lol @ this thread. Straight gutter.

NFLBRONCO
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Pathetic..

I think our biggest issue is talent right now. I think he can coach but, made it harder by trading our best players. Lets be honest even with Jay and BM this team would have plenty of upgrading to do to be a legit team.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
It's not that he won't be a good coach. It's just that he won't show results very soon. Read that Mangini article in last weeks ESPN mag. I imagine its very similiar to what Mcd is going through. It just a sad idea that we have to wait for this guy to figure out his own head coaching style.

how much long can you wait?
He started fast..Teams figured out his style and he couldn't adjust after that.
I don't understand how fans are optimistic about his coaching style.
He won only 2 games out of 11.
I thought we can win against Jags as they are very average team.
We made Garrard a pro bowl QB.

CEH
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Too many empty yards where we came away with no points or FGs

Ppl complained to high heaven that Shanny would say after every game in '08 you put up blah blah yards you should produce blah blah points. Same type of game.

Can't really take any type of solice from this game as we have sat through this movie in '08.

First game is really a glorified preseason game and I don't think has any bearing on what this season could or will end up like

Time to move on to SEA.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I think our biggest issue is talent right now. I think he can coach but, made it harder by trading our best players. Lets be honest even with Jay and BM this team would have plenty of upgrading to do to be a legit team.

I was happy when he traded cutler..
But, you don't trade Marshall, Tony Schefler and Hillis and expect the team to be great on offense.
I don't think Moreno is good RB...We need to upgrade that position in next years draft.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
look at the stats and we held our own (or won) except for 2 categories: turnovers and special teams yardage allowed.Let's not forget the most important category of all: POINTS

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Of course you'd bring up Hillis, a retarded 3rd string FB.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
But, you don't trade Marshall, Tony Schefler and Hillis and expect the team to be great on offense.
I don't think Moreno is good RB...We need to upgrade that position in next years draft.I agree. I think we have the WR's. We can upgrade the QB position and should...maybe it's Tebow or not. But, we have to get a better #1 RB. We have to do that. If we would have snagged Mathews in this draft...we would have been looking good.

Sassy
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Too lazy to look it up...but what were marshall's stats today...and what was Lloyds...dang wow...Peyton had a huge day! Over 400 yards and 3 td's and still lost! LOL!

5 receptions, 117 yards. 23.4 avg. Brandon Lloyd....to bad his one foot wasn't in for that TD that would have tied it.

ScottXray
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I agree. I think we have the WR's. We can upgrade the QB position and should...maybe it's Tebow or not. But, we have to get a better #1 RB. We have to do that. If we would have snagged Mathews in this draft...we would have been looking good.

Until the O-line is fixed we don't know WHAT we have at RB.
Moreno made most of that 60 today on his own....the line din't get it for him.

Buck disappointed AND turned the ball over.

I agree we need a speed back to complement Moreno , but the line has to get healthy first.

bloodsunday
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Let's not forget the most important category of all: POINTS

Yes that is the most important category -- as I pointed out in my criticism of Shanny.

I'm just pointing out that the game was closer than the "sky is falling" people want to believe.

bloodsunday
09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
We can upgrade the QB position and should...maybe it's Tebow or not.

I whole heartedly disagree. There are about 20 teams in the NFL that would be better off today with Orton. I can think of 15 other positions on this team we should upgrade before QB.

oubronco
09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Not that impressed...

I think Houston made them not look impressive

Houston is good

bloodsunday
09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I just want to know one thing: How hard is it to figure out that Garrard is going to his TE?

Rulon Velvet Jones
Too lazy to look it up...but what were marshall's stats today...and what was Lloyds...dang wow...Peyton had a huge day! Over 400 yards and 3 td's and still lost! LOL!

5 receptions, 117 yards. 23.4 avg. Brandon Lloyd....to bad his one foot wasn't in for that TD that would have tied it.

Lloyd 5/117
Royal 8/98

Marshall 8/53

Sassy
I think Houston made them not look impressive

Houston is good

Manning had 3 TD's and over 400 yards today and they still lost.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Not hard to imagine when they threw it 57 times and ran only 10.

Sassy
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Lloyd 5/117
Royal 8/98

Marshall 8/53

Who is that third dude you got on the list ;D:wiggle:

thanks!

oubronco
09-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Houstons defense put the pressure on when they needed to what did our's do

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
If I was playing for McD, I'd consider him a little too volatile at times.

scttgrd
09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Imagine, points are an issue again. I thought McDaniels first call out was the fact that this team managed a lot of yards but couldn't score. How are things looking so far? Not what was expected, yet New England continues to light it up without him.

SoCalBronco
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I actually like the emotion. Every play is important and the players have to know where to line up. It's a big deal, it cost us a time out. I don't mind that aspect of Josh at all. Likewise, when a guy commits stupid penalties repeatedly, I don't mind seeing him getting a tongue lashing in public. This isn't figure skating.

BroncosSR
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes that is the most important category -- as I pointed out in my criticism of Shanny.

I'm just pointing out that the game was closer than the "sky is falling" people want to believe.

The point is that jax isn't a good team so "hanging" with them or it being a close game means crap. These games should be automatic. This isn't a good team and their record will show it in the end...

strafen
09-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Pathetic..McDaniels. 8-9 record as a coach in the NFL.

colonelbeef
09-12-2010, 04:53 PM

Guess what, genius? the 2008 Broncos averaged more ppg than the 2009 Broncos did

barryr
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
More McDaniels needs to be fired idiocy. We went through 10 years of 1 playoff win with Shanahan, but all of a sudden we need to see instant results. Stupid people.

Gort
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
More McDaniels needs to be fired idiocy. We went through 10 years of 1 playoff win with Shanahan, but all of a sudden we need to see instant results. Stupid people.

it's people frustrated that the team is treading water.

2006: 9-7
2007: 7-9
2008: 8-8
2009: 8-8

4 years of .500 football while the Chargers became the mancrush of nearly everyone in the media has got a lot of people annoyed.

i was in favor of McD's hiring. i was on the bandwagon for the 6-0 start. i jumped off during the 2-8 finish but have kept my mind open. with a lockout looming for 2011, i think most fans want to see some sort of improvement from .500 this year. going backwards (under .500) would really bring out the "haters", and if there is a lockout, 2011 will be a really uncomfortable one for both McD and Bowlen.

let's hope McD can get this thing turned around. i'm under no illusions though. this is not a playoff caliber team.

TonyR
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
The point is that jax isn't a good team...

Although I think you're probably correct, to be completely fair we don't know this yet. Maybe they are and will be a good team this year.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
More McDaniels needs to be fired idiocy. We went through 10 years of 1 playoff win with Shanahan, but all of a sudden we need to see instant results. Stupid people.We went through 10yrs b/c that coach won us two superbowls.

When McD wins us two superbowls...I'll be willing to give him the same respect!

dsmoot
09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
The point is that jax isn't a good team so "hanging" with them or it being a close game means crap. These games should be automatic. This isn't a good team and their record will show it in the end...

For a little perspective, I watched the John Elway Broncos play very flat on the road against a number of mediocre teams. It was usually the same story. Turnovers and special teams. The special Elway quality to turn it on and carry the team late saved some of those games. Not many QB's can do that.

baja
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
One would be hard pressed to find a more valuable quality in a quarter back that the ability to raise the level of his game when the pressure is on in the fourth quarter.

I'm hoping Orton can find this this season I think he has the making for it.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Ah, I don't worry about it too much right now.

Kaylore
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Many of the comments in this thread remind me how the Mane goes full retard after losses.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Many of the comments in this thread remind me how the Mane goes full retard after losses.

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="660" height="525" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1HwwynbG7pQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Rabb
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Of course you'd bring up Hillis, a retarded 3rd string FB.

who fumbled twice today

Lolad
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM

When certain folks bring up the yardage for the 2008 season they get attacked because it's about points. But now it's cute for us to drive and not score

Rabb
09-12-2010, 07:09 PM

it's going to be tough to top Rev I think, enfuego today

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
When certain folks bring up the yardage for the 2008 season they get attacked because it's about points. But now it's cute for us to drive and not score

It's one thing to use the stats for a full season, and then use stats for 1 game.

Please don't try to act as if you didn't know you can't turn every single stat to universal logic.

Lolad
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
It's one thing to use the stats for a full season, and then use stats for 1 game.

Please don't try to act as if you didn't know you can't turn every single stat to universal logic.

No I'm not but reading various threads since after the loss the message has been that "well we had more yardage"

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
No I'm not but reading various threads since after the loss the message has been that "well we had more yardage"

When people, like me, are saying look at the yardage for the Jags game, we're talking about how well we're moving the ball, and how it could lead to better things as the season moves on. It's one thing to struggle to move the ball, and another to **** yourself over with mental mistakes.

If at the end of the season, we have the same result of moving the ball (high yardage) and low points then we can bring it up.

But all it means for THIS game is that we played well for the most part in terms of execution... we just beat ourselves.

Rabb
09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd say the yardage versus points thing is very valid...points are all that matter really

we gave up opportunities and afforded a few to the Jags...I don't care what our stats were, we lost

underrated29
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
wow some of you fans are REAL football geniuses!!!

We always lose to the Jags, or any florida team in florida. Just like we always lose 1 game to the raiders, and chefs....Despite how effing pathetic they are......

whine whine whine whine whine...boo hoo. Get over it. We are going to start out a bit slow this year, and finish real strong.

Spider
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Head trauma ?

Lolad
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
The thing that concerns me about McDaniels is the fact that it takes him until we are down to throw the ball down the field. He did the same thing last year and it seems like when he does it works.

Some may say it's defenses playing soft but just like today only down 7. Throwing routes down field paid off the few times we tried it.

Rabb
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
The thing that concerns me about McDaniels is the fact that it takes him until we are down to throw the ball down the field. He did the same thing last year and it seems like when he does it works.

Some may say it's defenses playing soft but just like today only down 7. Throwing routes down field paid off the few times we tried it.

I completely agree with you here

I actually told my wife "watch, now that they scored we will march right down and score"

I have to say though, I am loving that they used Eddie a lot

strafen
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
No I'm not but reading various threads since after the loss the message has been that "well we had more yardage"I've heard something really funny on the radio today after the game.
I'm yet to verify the stats, but Sandy Clough said that Orton is 19-9 in his career when he's trown under 180 yards or os. And worse than that when he's thrown for 280yds or more.
Something like that. I don't remember the exact numbers. The point was, Orton's winning record has been aided by having a good defense and a good running game around him.
Today, it was a perfect example of what Clough was talking about...

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
The one Orton stat I liked was shown during the game. Only 1 redzone INT in his career.

McDman
09-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Gotta love how heated this place gets during the season.

Popps
09-12-2010, 08:45 PM
it's going to be tough to top Rev I think, enfuego today

ROFL!

Give it time. Mock hasn't shown up yet. Once he sobers up and comes to... ****'s going to hit the fan. I can't wait.

footstepsfrom#27
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
There's no such thing as automatic in the NFL, certainly not playing on the road in the season opener. Mix in the heat, the fact that they sold out and this game was important to them, and besides that, they won only one less game than we did last year, so none of that spells automatic.

I don't see why so many people think this was a horrible loss. I think they actually played fairly well considering all the injuries and new players they're mxing in plus the fact that the starging RB's hadn't even taken a snap all season.

Boobs McGee
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
There's no such thing as automatic in the NFL, certainly not playing on the road in the season opener. Mix in the heat, the fact that they sold out and this game was important to them, and besides that, they won only one less game than we did last year, so none of that spells automatic.

I don't see why so many people think this was a horrible loss. I think they actually played fairly well considering all the injuries and new players they're mxing in plus the fact that the starging RB's hadn't even taken a snap all season.

BAM. Well said.

Sassy
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM

8') This!

strafen
09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
ROFL!

Give it time. Mock hasn't shown up yet. Once he sobers up and comes to... ****'s going to hit the fan. I can't wait.That's too funny! Ha! Ha! ROFL!

doonwise
09-12-2010, 11:42 PM
We're starting rookies on our o-line. Pretty good showing for game one. Special teams blew -- brought all those Shanahan years back to the forefront.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
But, you don't trade Marshall, Tony Schefler and Hillis and expect the team to be great on offense.I don't think Moreno is good RB...We need to upgrade that position in next years draft.

Ive been known as a big Hillis fan but I can even see this line and think you are one stupid MF idiot (of course this isnt the first post that i thought of this) "fan"! Great is the word with the two players bolded? I guess having Orton as our QB makes him Hall of Fame material if those two makes offenses great.

baja
09-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Ive been known as a big Hillis fan but I can even see this line and think you are one stupid MF idiot (of course this isnt the first post that i thought of this) "fan"! Great is the word with the two players bolded? I guess having Orton as our QB makes him Hall of Fame material if those two makes defenses great.

dude are you loaded?

your post makes no sense

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 12:24 AM
I've heard something really funny on the radio today after the game.
I'm yet to verify the stats, but Sandy Clough said that Orton is 19-9 in his career when he's trown under 180 yards or os. And worse than that when he's thrown for 280yds or more.
Something like that. I don't remember the exact numbers. The point was, Orton's winning record has been aided by having a good defense and a good running game around him.
Today, it was a perfect example of what Clough was talking about...

so you are putting this lose on Orton? The running game was nothing great to start and he had to pass. He had no aid of an exceptional defense or running game. If Orton threw under 180 today, we were doomed to lose with a margin of 20 points.....at least.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2010, 12:28 AM
dude are you loaded?

your post makes no sense

how hard is it to figure out that i dont think Hillis and Scheffler makes an offense on a team "great"? I did change the word defense to offense in the last line. That might have made me look like a Mock in training.

baja
09-13-2010, 12:29 AM
how hard is it to figure out that i dont think Hillis and Scheffler makes an offense on a team "great"?

oh i see, it wasn't very clear the way you worded it.