PDA

View Full Version : a positive?

tsiguy96
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
VicLombardi

One thing I'm confident in tweeting after that game: Broncos passing game better WITHOUT Brandon Marshall. Film doesn't lie.

orton did look downfield and look more comfortable spreading it to everyone...wait til demaryius is in!

Popps
09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea, anyone worried about the QB position at this point needs their head examined.

Even the blindest, most uneducated of Broncos fans should be able to look at this game and see the glaring problems on the O-line and lack of pass-rush.

ro_50
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Lloyd and Orton have a good connection. I can't wait to see D. Thomas out there soon.

DivineBronco
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
but the ones filled with blind rage can't.....its best we just put most of them down

randomtask
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Probably the one thing I liked about that game was how many times they looked to get Eddie Royal the ball.

Popps
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Royal will be a fixture in this offense. McD wanted to get him more involved last year, but it's tough getting all you want done in the first season with everyone learning the offense.

Royal will be very productive for us going forward, without question.

steeledude
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Saying we're better without Marshall is asinine. The QB position seems to be average/fine. But how can we say Orton is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better yet his connection to Marshall wouldn't be? This offense looks about the same as it did before.

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm not an Orton lover, but Orton is NOT the problem.

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Saying we're better without Marshall is asinine. The QB position seems to be average/fine. But how can we say Orton is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better yet his connection to Marshall wouldn't be? This offense looks about the same as it did before.

The same? Really? I saw us moving the ball pretty damned effectively there. We are miles ahead of last year and the ball was spread around a lot more. This offense is much improved over last year. Unfortunately our offensive line is the most important part of any success it will have and it's too young and beat up to be consistent right now.

BlaK-Argentina
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm not an Orton lover, but Orton is NOT the problem.

I think the only problem with this offense right now it's the o-line. With Clady back in shape, hopefully Harris back and more experience for the young guys I'm optimistic, but it WILL be a rough start and I'm not sure we'll be able to make up for it later in the season.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM

What the **** are you talking about? Orton was 21/33 295 yads with a 8.9 average. He didn't have this type of YPA outside of 1 game last year, the game against the REDSKINS where he came out.

The offense is now being ran the way it's suppose to be ran.

Anyone watching saying the offense isn't flowing better without Marshall is simply moronic.

All you had to see was that drive to end the 1st half. Only good - great teams can execute that type of drive.

v2micca
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Ever since the reports started coming in from camp I have stopped worrying about our Quarterback position. Orton will play solid mistake free football for us. Occasionally, he may even be able to take a busted play and do something with it. However, I am still concerned about our receiving corps.

It just felt like, given the lack of quality in the Jacksonville secondary, there were too many times that Orton had to just eat the ball or throw it away because no one could get open. Seemed like most of the sacks were coverage sacks. I'll have to go back and look at the tape again later, but our guys just didn't look like they were getting open very quickly or consistently during long stretches of the game.

NYBronco
I thought the offense looked pretty good considering all the new faces on the oline, Moreno returning since the first day of practice.

Where was Decker? And what was the deal with McD and Quinn (TE) when Denver was foRced to call a TO.

Broncosfreak_56
Orton was GREAT for the most part. I am worried about our line. Beadles got worked today. Hopefully Ryan harris can get healthy and we can move beadles back to LG.

Requiem
I think that we spread the ball around well today. Lloyd, Gaffney and Royal all made plays when called upon. Can't wait to see Thomas and Decker make a mark soon.

Br0nc0Buster
09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Orton was fine
Our oline tho was dissapointing
Jags were able to get a pass rush on us and were not doing a good job of opening many holes

with so many guys playing different positions and with injuries I guess its not that surprising our line did not play all that well

I think our defense is better than this, I just think our special teams kept handicapping our defense plus they were getting a little worn out at times as well

Ayes and DJ played well tho

dsmoot
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
VicLombardi

One thing I'm confident in tweeting after that game: Broncos passing game better WITHOUT Brandon Marshall. Film doesn't lie.

orton did look downfield and look more comfortable spreading it to everyone...wait til demaryius is in!

Jac is avg on their very best day. If we can't legitimately run the football, the best teams will take away the passing game. It could be difficult against SD

HooptyHoops
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Weird game...we dominated that 1st half...in fact, we were running the ball really well going to Beadles side....just an odd game, as I feel like we dominated, yet we came up on the losing end....we need to figure out how to cover TE's....

baja
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
McD needs to be less emotional, let the bad plays go and stay focused.

txtebow
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
We are a 17 point per game offense just as many fair minded fans predcited we would be.

23 in 2008 20 in 2009 17 in 2010.

Man-Goblin
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Here's a positive. We've got the first good punter we've had since.....ever? And we've got a pretty good kicker too. Even if the kick coverage still sucks donkey balls. Er wait, we were talking positives.

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM
McD needs to be less emotional, let the bad plays go and stay focused.

In time he will. He's got a ways to go before he becomes a 50 year old HC.

baja
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
NO
Injuries!!!!

ZachKC
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I only caught the 4th qtr but I was surprised\impressed with Orton's pocket presence. He did some good things while pressured.

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
We are a 17 point per game offense just as many fair minded fans predcited we would be.

23 in 2008 20 in 2009 17 in 2010.

Please. You weren't even watching in 08 or 09 were you? You can tell us the truth.

TonyR
09-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Here's a positive. We've got the first good punter we've had since.....ever? And we've got a pretty good kicker too.

That 54 yarder from Prater was a thing of beauty.

Archer81
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
That 54 yarder from Prater was a thing of beauty.

It was.

But what is up with all the tats?

:Broncos:

LonghornBronco
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I enjoyed the shortyardage stop in Jax territory and the short yardage running near the goal line. I'm positive on the season after seeing this.

LonghornBronco
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
It was.

But what is up with all the tats?

:Broncos:

My fantasy Kicker :strong:

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Orton was 21/33 295 yads with a 8.9 average. He didn't have this type of YPA outside of 1 game last year, the game against the REDSKINS where he came out.

The offense is now being ran the way it's suppose to be ran.

Anyone watching saying the offense isn't flowing better without Marshall is simply moronic.

All you had to see was that drive to end the 1st half. Only good - great teams can execute that type of drive.Yes, it's running better. I'd like to see Orton spread it around a little better.

What I mean by that is...Orton will throw a couple times to Royal, then a couple times to Lloyd, then a couple to Gaffney. It seems like he's always picking his favorite guy and then he gets stuck on him.

I thought we totally forgot about the TE after the 1st quarter and Royal was invisible for most of the 2nd half. And, how about a pass to the RB once in a while?

NFLBRONCO
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Until OL get healthier and run game improves its going to be tough for Orton.

cutthemdown
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Broncos need a running game to do anything with this above average but not super potent passing game.

I don't argue the WR are deep with good players. But the TE don't make many plays and let's face it the running game is super average.

Orton a pretty good QB though I don't think many think he is the reason we will miss playoffs.

SoCalBronco
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/kyle%20orton%20with%20bottle.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID41195/images/eddie_royal.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bhPc5IdB60Dp/340x.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0221/3318/13109_feature.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/533190/gyi0061236303_large.jpg

bronco militia
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Yea, anyone worried about the QB position at this point needs their head examined.

Even the blindest, most uneducated of Broncos fans should be able to look at this game and see the glaring problems on the O-line and lack of pass-rush.

I worry about kyle orton in close games....he's nothing special

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
VicLombardi

There's no doubt to me DT will improve the team. The big deal today was the kickoff coverage. Denver wins without the poor kickoff coverage.

Sassy
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Broncos made mistakes and still hung in there in 100 degree heat on the road...I am not liking the loss but I don't feel that bad about it...esp. when Mcbean gives up 30 yards on back to back freakin' facemask! UGH...Yeah, Kyle had the INT...but McBean had his head up his ass.

orange skier
09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
On our last play, Gaffney didn't have anyone around him for 15 yards...Orton just couldn't find him........wide open.......he was alone, running down the left sideline......Orton isstead, forced the ball into 4 man coverage, and the ball was picked......Orton is definitely looking down the field more.....he just still can't make it happen.........the biggest positive of this game is we're one game closer to Tebow time..........

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Really, the only difference in this game was the following:

Jax had us at home
We had 2 turnovers, they had none