PDA

View Full Version : About what I expected

cutthemdown
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Broncos played hard like they always do. Some of there players pretty good but really now stars outside Dawkins and Bailey.

Broncos will play these really avg to crappy teams, like Jags, tough and probably win 5-6 of them.

Broncos just have no play makers at RB. True the blocking not stellar but also no one that really can make people miss or hit a home run. The WR are a nice group but Orton is only good not great. He would need something at TE and RB to really have a good offense.

Also to cap it all off the oline has some real problems with Harris out.

Defensively the Broncos still give up big plays deep down the middle of the field. Also they still let the TE go off.
Jags oline nothing special and they weren't really getting to Gerrard. I measly sack and a couple pressures with no forced turnovers against this offense is really bad. Sure the defensive coaching seems sound, Williams and Haggan pretty good at stopping run but MJD still hits 100 yrds.

Many will probably say we turned ball over, we were on road, not a bad loss, and you could be right....but IMO Jags one of the worst teams on our schedule. IMO Jags will get blown out soon. Who do they play next week.

long beach bronco
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
We lost to a bad team, that says it all. We had a chance to get some playmakers in the offseason and for some reason, MCD didn't go get any. We have an average team that teams will love to see coming.

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Broncos played hard like they always do. Some of there players pretty good but really now stars outside Dawkins and Bailey.

Broncos will play these really avg to crappy teams, like Jags, tough and probably win 5-6 of them.

Broncos just have no play makers at RB. True the blocking not stellar but also no one that really can make people miss or hit a home run. The WR are a nice group but Orton is only good not great. He would need something at TE and RB to really have a good offense.

Defensively the Broncos still give up big plays deep down the middle of the field. Also they still let the TE go off.
Jags oline nothing special and they weren't really getting to Gerrard. I measly sack and a couple pressures with no forced turnovers against this offense is really bad. Sure the defensive coaching seems sound, Williams and Haggan pretty good at stopping run but MJD still hits 100 yrds.

Many will probably say we turned ball over, we were on road, not a bad loss, and you could be right....but IMO Jags one of the worst teams on our schedule. IMO Jags will get blown out soon. Who do they play next week.

Blah, Broncos were in this game until the end. They made a few mistakes and lost because of them. I don't think this loss speaks to any big needs by this team, they just need to eliminate mistakes.

SoCalBronco
09-12-2010, 02:47 PM
OFFENSE

Despite the interception, Orton had a very good game for this team. Lloyd and Royal looked pretty damn good, too. I was happy to see Royal start to show his real self in this offense, again. Moreno was alright, although he dances alot and some of those 9 yard gains could have been 20 if not for all the footwork. The OL still has alot of issues. While he did give up a sack early on, I think Clady was alright. By the end of the month he should be fine. The pass protection wasn't too bad for the rookies, although they did get through a few times, the real problem was outside of a couple nice holes they created, they had a tough time with the JAX front seven in the run game.

DEFENSE: DJ with a great game, I think he probably had around a dozen tackles, many of which were on 3rd and 4th downs...clutch. Robert Ayers also showed well. He got a sack and some pressure....really Ayers was the only one on the team who could generate pressure. I think he also had a nice play or two vs. the run. The WOLB spot is still a joke. Outside of one TFL, Hunter didn't do much and Moss was basically invisible. I was a bit disappointed in Haggan, although he wasn't terrible. Dawkins didn't flash much in this game outside of his PD, although I hope that's more an off game thing than age. The main problem for the DB's was lack of pressure. You just can't expect those guys to hold on for 4 or 5 seconds. It's not realistic.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Priefer needs to be torn a new one. JAX had what, 2 or 3 returns to the 50...at least one of which the guy returned from the back of the endzone, too...that's when you know they have absolutely no respect for our coverage unit. Prater and Colquitt were fine, but the coverage units are garbage.

COACHING :Generally solid. They moved the ball pretty well on offense I thought. That Buckhalter fumble and the penalty on Beadles cost the team potentially 14 points, combined. Those were the two key plays, IMO. We could have gotten up on them and then just leaned on them the rest of the game. I liked the coaching and calls for the most part, on both sides of the ball. The fade throw on 4th was a bit questionable, I'd like something more high percentage on 4th down, but Lloyd was playing well that day.

Gotta beat up on Seattle next week.

Popps
09-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Blah, Broncos were in this game until the end. They made a few mistakes and lost because of them. I don't think this loss speaks to any big needs by this team, they just need to eliminate mistakes.

Probably closer to the truth.

But, we have to be able to stop a marginal passing team like Jville. If they expose our D, imagine what a QB like Rivers will do to us?

But, you lose your premiere pass-rusher, and these issues become much more difficult.

Look at the impact Campman had for them today. Premiere pass-rushers make or break games. We don't have ours, and won't all season.

Que
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I am actually okay with what I saw today.

jutang
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
At this point in time, I would also agree that the Broncos aren't a great team, but really is still decimated by injuries at key positions.

Clady is not close to a 100%, Harris is gone... really prevented the Broncos from being aggressive in the first 2 quarters. You could almost tell the coaching staff wasn't too sure how much protection Orton was going get and decided to go really conservative.
I hope Kuper's injury isn't as bad as it looked like.

Moreno was rusty was the beginning but towards the end of the game was beginning to hit the right holes. Buckhalter looks bad as of right now.

Towards the later half of the season I expect the Broncos offense to really start holding their own. Orton is a much better QB than I imagined. He manages the game very well and make the right reads. The WRs are solid. I don't like how they went away from Royal in the 4th, but maybe that is why Lloyd was left one on one so much.

My concerns:
Suspect Run D from preseason is carrying over into the regular season... although MJD had a great game
Special teams KO coverage was a complete joke

Popps
09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
OFFENSE

Despite the interception, Orton had a very good game for this team. Lloyd and Royal looked pretty damn good, too. I was happy to see Royal start to show his real self in this offense, again. Moreno was alright, although he dances alot and some of those 9 yard gains could have been 20 if not for all the footwork. The OL still has alot of issues. While he did give up a sack early on, I think Clady was alright. By the end of the month he should be fine. The pass protection wasn't too bad for the rookies, although they did get through a few times, the real problem was outside of a couple nice holes they created, they had a tough time with the JAX front seven in the run game.

DEFENSE: DJ with a great game, I think he probably had around a dozen tackles, many of which were on 3rd and 4th downs...clutch. Robert Ayers also showed well. He got a sack and some pressure....really Ayers was the only one on the team who could generate pressure. I think he also had a nice play or two vs. the run. The WOLB spot is still a joke. Outside of one TFL, Hunter didn't do much and Moss was basically invisible. I was a bit disappointed in Haggan, although he wasn't terrible. Dawkins didn't flash much in this game outside of his PD, although I hope that's more an off game thing than age. The main problem for the DB's was lack of pressure. You just can't expect those guys to hold on for 4 or 5 seconds. It's not realistic.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Priefer needs to be torn a new one. JAX had what, 2 or 3 returns to the 50...at least one of which the guy returned from the back of the endzone, too...that's when you know they have absolutely no respect for our coverage unit. Prater and Colquitt were fine, but the coverage units are garbage.

COACHING :Generally solid. They moved the ball pretty well on offense I thought. That Buckhalter fumble and the penalty on Beadles cost the team potentially 14 points, combined. Those were the two key plays, IMO. We could have gotten up on them and then just leaned on them the rest of the game. I liked the coaching and calls for the most part, on both sides of the ball. The fade throw on 4th was a bit questionable, I'd like something more high percentage on 4th down, but Lloyd was playing well that day.

Gotta beat up on Seattle next week.

Good round-up.

Though, on Moreno... I'd say that he IS a 4-10 yard rusher. That's what we need from him. Chain-moving, wearing the defense out, etc. He's got good vision and usually picks the right hole when given initial space to work in.

But, I was somewhat surprised we didn't draft a speed back to pair with him, or even make a trade for a guy like Slaton. Buck can't be counted on, and it would have been nice to have a real 2-punch to pair with Moreno.

Of course, you have to be able to open holes before any of that matters.

Jesterhole
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
We aren't a team that is improving, in any way. We are average on offense, bad on defense, and terrible on special teams. Nothing has changed since McDaniels took over except our best players are now on other teams.

8-8 again, which means we'll suffer through at least one more season of this...

go_broncos

As per the local experts, Jags is not even 8-8 team.But, they were so confident that they will win against Denver.
As per them,
a) Mcd is not a good coach.. -- They really talk **** about him.
b) weak o-line due to injuries.
c) Moreno doesn't scare them.
d) No run defense.
e) Orton is a average QB.
f) Weather

I thought we will win this game as Jags is an average team.
Mcd's coaching is now predictable and we won only 2 games out of 11.
Looks like Bowlen made a bad decision in hiring Mcd.

One more thing, only in this site..people praise Mcd.

Popps
Clady is not close to a 100%, Harris is gone... really prevented the Broncos from being aggressive in the first 2 quarters. .

Boy, was that painfully obvious today.

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
We aren't a team that is improving, in any way. We are average on offense, bad on defense, and terrible on special teams. Nothing has changed since McDaniels took over except our best players are now on other teams.

8-8 again, which means we'll suffer through at least one more season of this...

Ha!

sky is falling thread after first game of the season, classic OM hype

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Was McDaniels responsible for those McBean penalties or Willis not getting his edge on a kick return? And when things go right for the team, does he get any credit from you jackasses or is it only when things go wrong?

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2010, 02:59 PM
As per the local experts, Jags is not even 8-8 team.But, they were so confident that they will win against Denver.
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

looks like your old doom and gloom self is back.

colonelbeef
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
agreed. McDaniels has downgraded the talent on offense, and it shows.

Jesterhole
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM

If we were playing a good team, you'd have a point, sort of. But we are playing an awful team, and couldn't get ahead of them once.

But you sure do have a lot of posts, so keep offering your worthless opinion please.

Dagmar
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Was McDaniels responsible for those McBean penalties or Willis not getting his edge on a kick return? And when things go right for the team, does he get any credit from you jackasses or is it only when things go wrong?

You answered your own question.

Requiem
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd start to worry if Seattle hands us our asses at home next week. Now? Nah.

Archer81
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

A. Whatever.
B. O-line was solid today. Not great, not horrible.
C. He had no snaps in preseason because of a bad hammy, but still put out 60 yards and scored a TD.
D. So Jacksonville was able to run on denver all day? I didnt see that.
E. Orton is the reason we were in the game. Average my ass.
F. It was hot for the Jags, too. Or did you not notice the cold water hats, makeshift shade or waterpipes attatched to the Jags players?

I really dont care what people outside of Denver say about McDaniels. **** them. Denver and Jacksonville were average AFC teams last season. The difference was execution. They were more consistent then the Broncos were. You seem to miss the whole concept of "rebuilding". It usually means you do not win every game all the time. This is not Madden.

You seem to be delighting in the team struggling. Makes one wonder about you as a fan. The term fairweather might be thrown around.

:Broncos:

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

Weather? what the **** are you listing weather for?

We held MJD to under 100 yards - and they averaged 3.9 YPC.

If you watched this game and couldn't tell the run defense was better, I think it's best for you to choose another hobby like finger painting or dressing barbie dolls.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
A. Whatever.
B. O-line was solid today. Not great, not horrible.
C. He had no snaps in preseason because of a bad hammy, but still put out 60 yards and scored a TD.
D. So Jacksonville was able to run on denver all day? I didnt see that.
E. Orton is the reason we were in the game. Average my ass.
F. It was hot for the Jags, too. Or did you not notice the cold water hats, makeshift shade or waterpipes attatched to the Jags players?

I really dont care what people outside of Denver say about McDaniels. **** them. Denver and Jacksonville were average AFC teams last season. The difference was execution. They were more consistent then the Broncos were. You seem to miss the whole concept of "rebuilding". It usually means you do not win every game all the time. This is not Madden.

You seem to be delighting in the team struggling. Makes one wonder about you as a fan. The term fairweather might be thrown around.

I don't expect this team to win every game..But, you need to win against teams like Jags.Jags is not a good team.

Denver724
09-12-2010, 03:10 PM
As per them,
d) No run defense.
f) Weather

I agree with everything said. McD has ruined the team.

Tombstone RJ
If we were playing a good team, you'd have a point, sort of. But we are playing an awful team, and couldn't get ahead of them once.

But you sure do have a lot of posts, so keep offering your worthless opinion please.

Jagz have a solid defense and the play power style football. The Broncos made mistakes and it cost them the game.

BMarsh615
I thought it was clear that Denver was the better team we just shot ourselves in the foot. The game came down to McBean giving the Jags 30 yards on facemask penalties, bad kickoff coverage, and Buck fumbling.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM

If you watched this game and couldn't tell the run defense was better, I think it's best for you to choose another hobby like finger painting or dressing barbie dolls.

That was not my take..That's was the reasons given by local sports radio.
we became worse than last year.
There is no running game..Moreno sucks and OL is not good.

barryr
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Broncos had key guys hurt and on the road in the NFL, you need other guys to step up and make plays and they din't make enough. Also, to win in the NFL, you typically need your defense to force some turnovers, but the Bronco defense hasn't been known for that for awhile now. The o-line simply isn't very good, but without a healthy Clady and Harris and new guys playing inside, not a big surprise of their struggles.

Archer81
09-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't expect this team to win every game..But, you need to win against teams like Jags.Jags is not a good team.

Jacksonville was 7-9 last season. About average. They won because of Broncos mistakes, not anything special Jacksonville did. You give them 30 yards on penalties in one drive or continually give them good feel position no **** they are going to move the ball well enough to get points.

How long have you been watching football?

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
That was not my take..That's was the reasons given by local sports radio.
we became worse than last year.
There is no running game..Moreno sucks and OL is not good.

Please let me know how Moreno is not good.

You take out that 1 yard run by Moreno (the touchdown) and his average is 4.5 ypc

He had a great 1 handed catch that Orton threw like ****.

Oline is admittingly **** ---> and this is his 1st action SINCE LAST SEASON... so he had NO PRESEASON to get some reps in.

He's running much better than last season, pretty easy to see.. our oline needs some work.

uplink
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
good game for broncos, offensive passing is good - running game will get better as players get healthy and get some experience. So so game from defense not sure how good they will be. Special teams coverage was the only really bad part of the broncos game. Orton looks to be the 2nd best broncos QB all time.

Que
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I actually liked most of what I saw out of Moreno. He had crap for blocking and managed to make at least a little something happen when he touched the ball. The D was okay. Would have liked to see an actual pass rush. Passing game looked good. Orton was crisp and I have lots of confidence in our WR corps. Oline remains a concern and will until people get healthy.

Special teams stunk up the house - as usual. And McBean.... WTF?

I think we're an average team and I went into the season thinking that. I think we have some rookies and some new guys that make us a good team but we'll see.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM

If you watched this game and couldn't tell the run defense was better, I think it's best for you to choose another hobby like finger painting or dressing barbie dolls.Don't get too defensive...we made Gerrard look like a stud...throwing 3TD's. Why we always allow him to play so well against us...I have no idea. Our run defense was not all bad...but, we didn't get enough pressure on Gerrard.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I think we'll all be holding our overall opinions until we see how we do at home next week against the Hawks.

My predictin is that we'll play very well and end up with a Win. We simply aren't talented enough to start out 0-2 with our schedule during weeks 3-6...if we want to make the playoffs.

go_broncos
09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
We can't cover TE's..This has been the problem for a while.
We need to fix it..otherwise, we will be in trouble.
Also, we don't pass that much to TE's.

Archer81
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM

You ever consider that our tightends were kept more or less at the line to help out the tackles? Or that the offense we have does not feature the TE in the passing game?

You want to complain about the Broncos' choice of jockstraps next?

elsid13
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I thought it was clear that Denver was the better team we just shot ourselves in the foot. The game came down to McBean giving the Jags 30 yards on facemask penalties, bad kickoff coverage, and Buck fumbling.

I would hardly say that Denver was the better team. We are on par with Jacksonville, and failed to make plays to win the game. That 2 minute drive was horrible play calling and execution all around.

Dagmar
09-12-2010, 04:04 PM

Ok, to be fair today we NEEDED them to protect Orton. It was a very young, new O-line.

cutthemdown
09-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Probably closer to the truth.

But, we have to be able to stop a marginal passing team like Jville. If they expose our D, imagine what a QB like Rivers will do to us?

But, you lose your premiere pass-rusher, and these issues become much more difficult.

Look at the impact Campman had for them today. Premiere pass-rushers make or break games. We don't have ours, and won't all season.

I actually agree with almost all the things people are saying about the game and the Broncos in this thread.

My point is more I have Jags rated as one of our easier games. We couldn't get any pressure and I don't see the games getting easier.

Sure you can point to mistakes but with avg rbs and TE you may see a lot of those by this offense. Especially considering the OT situation seems pretty shaky.

Not a bad effort by the Broncos but this team probably just need a bit more at a few spots to really compete.

What we will get are a ton of close games. The reason we are constantly in the late stages needing either a stop or a score to win etc etc is because we aren't that good yet.

Still the system seems pretty decent its just the players are young, and the team lacks a threat from the RB spot.

Moreno is more Sammy Winder then he is Terrel Davis.

cutthemdown
09-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Please let me know how Moreno is not good.

You take out that 1 yard run by Moreno (the touchdown) and his average is 4.5 ypc

He had a great 1 handed catch that Orton threw like ****.

Oline is admittingly **** ---> and this is his 1st action SINCE LAST SEASON... so he had NO PRESEASON to get some reps in.

He's running much better than last season, pretty easy to see.. our oline needs some work.

Moreno doesn't stink. He is sort of an avg NFL RB IMO. For sure nothing that would make you pass on a potential stud in the draft.

ScottXray
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I actually agree with almost all the things people are saying about the game and the Broncos in this thread.

My point is more I have Jags rated as one of our easier games. We couldn't get any pressure and I don't see the games getting easier.

Sure you can point to mistakes but with avg rbs and TE you may see a lot of those by this offense. Especially considering the OT situation seems pretty shaky.

Not a bad effort by the Broncos but this team probably just need a bit more at a few spots to really compete.

What we will get are a ton of close games. The reason we are constantly in the late stages needing either a stop or a score to win etc etc is because we aren't that good yet.

Still the system seems pretty decent its just the players are young, and the team lacks a threat from the RB spot.

Moreno is more Sammy Winder then he is Terrel Davis.

Moreno did all right....behind a patched line that wasn't controlling the LOS, he was making that 60 yards mostly on his own.

And Jacksonville has pretty much owned us....other than the win in the 97 playoffs they have pretty much beat us almost every game...no matter who was playing. Sometimes that shyt just happens..like we dominated NE for so many years, evne when we weren't that good. And like Baltimore seems to own us.

So losing by seven in the opener on the road in the swamp that is Florida in Sept, with all the injuries we have and had, is not that bad.....

We need to OWN our home field and win a couple of road games , especially within the division....

Doing THAT will show a change in this team.

Also we need to petition the league to give us a Home NFC opponent to open next year. I'm sick of CBS and Tennis constantly ****ing us over on the schedule for September openers.

I know that

Que
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
CTD is spot on on the Winder comparison. Hopefully Moreno will continue to progress.

Broncos4Life
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Some of these posts are rediculous. Denver is an average team right now. I'm not surprised by what I saw today. I'm not that dissapointed either. They will get better and hopefully gel a bit more as the season goes on. Some of you guys act like we should of blew them out. Like that other guy said, this isn't madden.

ZachKC
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM

Yea?

Sassy
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Some of these posts are rediculous. Denver is an average team right now. I'm not surprised by what I saw today. I'm not that dissapointed either. They will get better and hopefully gel a bit more as the season goes on. Some of you guys act like we should of blew them out. Like that other guy said, this isn't madden.

Denver wasn't the only NFL team that played sloppy this weekend.
Looking at the scores and some of the games...I'd say quite a few teams did.

TDmvp
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Wasn't it tied to Mcbean handed them a td ? ... I thought we looked ok , in a city and temp. we always play bad in ..

ZachKC
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Denver wasn't the only NFL team that played sloppy this weekend.
Looking at the scores and some of the games...I'd say quite a few teams did.

Great post. Because it really did seem like the poster was trying to convince everyone that Denver was the only team who played sloppy over the weekend.

vanbrugh
09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Could have been worse....

After a second sitting at work today.

We will only get better....

Orton looks good....

The D looks out of practice - The secondary were shocking - EVERYONE OF THEM!

At least the 2 min 0 is as good as i can remember....

This game wasn't won by the Jags it was lost by us - you cant keep turning the ball over but at least mental mistakes are correctable, we were never out schemed nor outplayed.

And Dawkins looked old out there needs to step it up.

It's only game one - everything is correctable - roll on Seahags i'll be in turkey but somehow watching this game!

Those conditions were tough today and we got close, better teams will have lost! Chill!

gunns
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
I got a pedicure and had my toes painted orange and blue. I wonder if that nicked at the mojo?

Sassy
09-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I got a pedicure and had my toes painted orange and blue. I wonder if that nicked at the mojo?

I hope not! I am doing that on Thursday!

mwill07
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Can anyone name one mistake that JAX made yesterday? The closest they had was going for it on 4th and 1 from their own 39, but that's more about being aggressive and confident than a mistake.

They had zero personal fouls. They had zero pass interference calls. They had zero turnovers. They had zero blown coverages that we were able to exploit. They had zero delays of game penalties. Garrard completed a ton of passes for not very many yards. MJD had a ton of carries and no mistakes.

When we play an evenly matched team (we were within a game last year), we make mistakes and they don't, we lose. It's that simple.

Sometimes it's about what the other guys do (or don't do) too.

ScottXray
09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Can anyone name one mistake that JAX made yesterday? The closest they had was going for it on 4th and 1 from their own 39, but that's more about being aggressive and confident than a mistake.

They had zero personal fouls. They had zero pass interference calls. They had zero turnovers. They had zero blown coverages that we were able to exploit. They had zero delays of game penalties. Garrard completed a ton of passes for not very many yards. MJD had a ton of carries and no mistakes.

When we play an evenly matched team (we were within a game last year), we make mistakes and they don't, we lose. It's that simple.

REP. Jacksonville made very few mistakes and none that hurt them. We made too many and couldn't overcome them enough, and we pretty much gave them the last td with stupid penalties.

Seattle played a similar game...they didn't do much on their own, just waited for the other team to screw up and took advantage. Boy did SF make a lot of mistakes.

Hopefully it goes our way next week.

Sassy
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM

I just checked the stats...Denver either had the same or beat them in every category except rushing, penalties and turnovers. Without mistakes, Denver should have won that game.

Team Stat Comparison DEN JAC
1st Downs 21 18
Passing 1st downs 14 6
Rushing 1st downs 6 9
1st downs from Penalties 1 3
3rd down efficiency 3-10 3-10
4th down efficiency 1-2 1-2
Total Plays 61 56
Total Yards 363 299
Passing 274 165
Comp-Att 21-33 16-21
Yards per pass 8.3 7.9
Rushing 89 134
Rushing Attempts 25 34
Yards per rush 3.6 3.9
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-4 1-1
Penalties 7-70 5-47
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 30:30 29:30

mwill07
09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
also - our mistakes, IMO, are all a symptom of folks missing time in pre-season.

McBean and Willis are the only veterans who were in camp and healthy that had critical errors...

Beadles - rookie.
Kuper - injured.
Clady - injured.
Buckhalter - injured.
Quinn - injured.
Vickerson - nOOb.

Regarding the line issues - what did you guys expect for a line returning only two starters from last year and having two rooks starting their first ever game?

All of these issues will be better. I ever there was a game you can learn from your mistakes, it was this one.

LRtagger
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM

They did have a PI called at the goaline against Lloyd. It resulted in Moreno's 1 yard TD.

Aside from that they made very few mistakes.

mwill07
09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
They did have a PI called at the goaline against Lloyd. It resulted in Moreno's 1 yard TD.

Aside from that they made very few mistakes.

gotcha. I was going by CBS sportsline game book, who only lists that play as

"1-8-JAC8 *** play under review ***"

IIRC, that was the play where JAX challenged the pass interference, which I was no aware one could do (apparently you can challenge if the ball was tipped, which would negate the PI...news to me).