PDA

View Full Version : Official Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread 9.12.10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

CEH
09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd like to know what RB doesn't need holes to run.

Point is he gets to the 2nd level and tries some juke move that doesn't fake anyone. All you had to see is the HOU game to see what speed can do for you once you get to the next level.

Instead of a 8 yard gain you get 25 yard runs

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Sadly, they looked like a team that has no idea where they are going. I can't wait till McDaniels is gone. No real direction or plan. This team will never win a Superbowl with McD as the coach. New England rolls on without him, I guess he wasn't the genius most thought he was.

Oh my God a team with Tom Brady at the QB position still continues to put up points despite the loss of their OC? I'm SHOCKED!

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 02:52 PM
OK so I missed the 2nd half. Did we really have the ball on Jax 14 yd line with 4th and 3 and 8 min left, and went for it?

We were down by only 7?

I'm sorry, I like McD, but that is EPIC failure as a head coach. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Why? What good does 3 pts do there? They'd still need a TD.

Steve Sewell
09-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Why? What good does 3 pts do there? They'd still need a TD.

Because if they get the ball back and score a TD they win instead of going to OT? There were 8 minutes left in the game for chrissakes.

The MVPlaya
Point is he gets to the 2nd level and tries some juke move that doesn't fake anyone. All you had to see is the HOU game to see what speed can do for you once you get to the next level.

Completely different. Moreno is not running into the 2nd level with momentum like the Houston game. Foster wasn't slowing down or needing to make anyone miss to begin with... Houston was opening up holes big enough for a UPS truck to deliver a touchdown.

Moreno has to work his way to the 2nd level to begin with.

colonelbeef
The defense is what it always was. Have you forgotten 2008? It takes a while to fix **** that bad. All the talent on offense is injured or a rookie or both. Give it a rest.

Lots of resources have been spent on the defense- FAs and draft picks. There is nothing to show for these moves as of 2010, and the offense has taken multiple steps backward, most notably in the run game. The OL is struggling after years of dominance.

The offense is suffering from a multitude of problems, and personnel is a major factor.

If you are saying that the defense is as bad as it was in 2008, this will be a 3 win team because of the offenses' inability to run the football.

Frisian
09-12-2010, 02:55 PM
OK so I missed the 2nd half. Did we really have the ball on Jax 14 yd line with 4th and 3 and 8 min left, and went for it?

We were down by only 7?

I'm sorry, I like McD, but that is EPIC failure as a head coach. It doesn't get any worse than that.

there was about four minutes left

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Why? What good does 3 pts do there? They'd still need a TD.Personally I think you kick the FG from there. Why? You take the 3, have your D stop them...drive down for the win...instead of the tie.

If you were inside the 10 maybe you go for it or if it was within 2:00 perhaps. But, not where they were at and not with 4:00 left.

Cool Breeze
All the home teams but Bills won - shocker

Miss I.
completely random, but I went to nfl.com to see other game stats and this image just made me laugh. What can I say, I am easily amused (Gawd that explains so much about my life).

(note I just copied the image, not the video, you can find that on Nfl.com)

Anyway, as the sky is not actually falling as far as I can tell. I am just so glad to have the season begin again. I've missed my boys.

Have a good day/night. And remember, where ever you are there you are. ;D

WolfpackGuy

He is still dancing too WAY much.

Even when he gets in the open field, he looks to juke.

Just run the ****** ball up in there!

scttgrd
Oh my God a team with Tom Brady at the QB position still continues to put up points despite the loss of their OC? I'm SHOCKED!

So you are saying McDaniels looked good coaching a HOF QB. Well he isn't looking so good without him. Playoffs? WTF, playoffs? (coach Mora)

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
In 2005 we lost in Miami 34-10.

Not saying it's a good way to start, but I'm sure many can agree with me we did good things and the mistakes that arguable cost the game were mental mistakes.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Because if they get the ball back and score a TD they win instead of going to OT? There were 8 minutes left in the game for chrissakes.

The math favors going for it there. And I suspect it's what most, if not all, coaches would've done. And that doesn't even take into account our coverage unit. Why throw them out there one extra time if you don't have to?

And there were not 8 mins to go. Where are you getting that? There were 4 mins to go.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Completely different. Moreno is not running into the 2nd level with momentum like the Houston game. Foster wasn't slowing down or needing to make anyone miss to begin with... Houston was opening up holes big enough for a UPS truck to deliver a touchdown.

Moreno has to work his way to the 2nd level to begin with.Moreno is a decent back, but he doesn't have the quicks to juke people. He would have been good in the ZBS...one cut and go. He needs to just pick his hole run hard and not stall so much.

The reason that Moreno should never have been taken where he was...is because he's a 4.7 guy at best and it shows. That doesn't mean that he can't or won't be a good back...just not a great one.

Requiem
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM

I wouldn't try and reason with the guy. Just check his post history. Mostly all negative. Probably speaks volumes.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice were slow, too. 40 times are bull**** when measuring a player.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM

We were down by only 7?

There was only 4 minutes left. Yeah, it was an iffy call, I wouldn't call it an EPIC failure, or "It doesn't get any worse than that."

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Lots of resources have been spent on the defense- FAs and draft picks. There is nothing to show for these moves as of 2010, and the offense has taken multiple steps backward, most notably in the run game. The OL is struggling after years of dominance.

The offense is suffering from a multitude of problems, and personnel is a major factor.

If you are saying that the defense is as bad as it was in 2008, this will be a 3 win team because of the offenses' inability to run the football.

I'm saying the defense is still lacking talent and a work in progress. It's significantly better than in 2008. As of 2010 we've played one game. All of our FA pickups in the secondary have payed off over and over again. Ayers is starting to show. We are all pretty high on our secondary draft picks. McBath, Bruton, Cox, etc. We need some linemen and more LBs to really fix the defense. It will take time.

Hamrob
Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice were slow, too. 40 times are bull**** when measuring a player.Yeah, speed sure doesn't help does it? Just ask Chris Johnson.

Rice didn't have great 40 speed...but, on a football field he played much faster than his 40 time.

Emmett was 3x the talent Moreno is.

Just my opinion.

Beantown Bronco
There was only 4 minutes left. Yeah, it was an iffy call, I wouldn't call it an EPIC failure, or "It doesn't get any worse than that."

Especially on the same day that Lovie Smith arguably locks that up.

Steve Sewell
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
The math favors going for it there. And I suspect it's what most, if not all, coaches would've done. And that doesn't even take into account our coverage unit. Why throw them out there one extra time if you don't have to?

And there were not 8 mins to go. Where are you getting that? There were 4 mins to go.

Ah my bad. 4:47 min left. You still kick the FG in that situation and put it on your defense.

Miss I.
09-12-2010, 03:07 PM
So you are saying McDaniels looked good coaching a HOF QB. Well he isn't looking so good without him. Playoffs? WTF, playoffs? (coach Mora)

Matt Cassel is a hall of fame QB? Damn, did they loosen the requirements to get in there or what? ;D

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Ah my bad. 4:47 min left. You still kick the FG in that situation and put it on your defense.

I disagreed with the playcall, not the decision.

The defense couldn't stop **** in the second half, and we all know how bad KO coverage was.

Hamrob
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
The pendulem will swing back and forth on this board all year. Next week we get a Hawks team at home. I think we beat em'!

Then the games really begin. We need to score more than 17 points a game. It would be nice to get a few more sacks and TO's next week.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Either way - you need a touchdown to win or tie.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Eh, I'm not too worried right now. I was expecting about 24 pts from the Broncos, about 20 from the Jags. Too bad Jax got TD's instead of FG's, and Denver didn't get a couple FG's or more when they should have.

I'm not gonna be crying or losing sleep over this one.

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
These are the things that cost us the game:

Beadles' holding call when we were driving early on -- taking us out of a true scoring opportunity. Three or seven off the board here.

Yep. getting a lead early in this game changes the complexity of the game and puts pressure on JAX, imo.

Buckhalter's fumble when we were driving. That erases at least three of the board.

Yes, and not to mention he got the 1st down in the red zone when he fumbled. That was crucial, and a killer.

Poor special teams coverage. No reason Tiquan Underwood takes back balls 5 yards deep in his endzone and returns them for 40-50 yards. Absolutely uncalled for. The coverage on those was porous.

No argument here. I had high hopes for the ST's this year; I really hope they get thier **** together because this team has too many holes to give short fields to the other team.

Ryan McBean's two personal fouls, giving the Jaguars 30 of their 60 yards on the final drive they beat us on.

The first one I could forgive, but that 2nd one might get him cut if he isn't careful.

We also struggled for the most part in run blocking and Orton was hustled from time to time because AK ate Beadles' lunch all day long on the outside rush.

Yes, but this is not unexpected from a young OL. Beadles is supposed to be playing at G, not tackle so he is going to have some growing pains. Not every rookie is going to play like Clady.

The good news is that the OL will get better every game, particularly when Harris gets back. The rookies can only get better at this point in thier careers.

Some definite positives in this game. Orton played great in my eyes, besides the last pick (thought he could have dumped it to at least the running back or on the sideline and not the middle of the field) and we had some young players on defense make some noise.

Hurts to lose this first game. Oh well.

Agreed about the positives, but I am worried about the DL. They couldn't stop MJD when they needed to and certainly couldn't put consistent pressure on Garrard. Unfortunately, I really don't know how they will get better at this point in the season. They are what they are; but maybe I'm wrong.

Missouribronc
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I think we're an o.k. team and there really are some signs that things could pick up. If Thomas/Decker can contribute on offense and our Oline starts to get healthy...then who knows.

Really, I thought the defense played o.k. Gerrard always plays good against us...why, I don't know.

I just don't see us keeping up with teams the the Bolts, Pats, Colts, Ravens etc.

I just don't think you can be a dink and dunk team and play with those teams. I mean, we were in this game the entire time...but, we just don't play the entire game with the idea of scoring points and taking it to the opponent. We do buble screens and 10yd outs until we have no choice but to sling it around. Then, we're just not accsustomed to doing it.

We need to have more of an attack style offense that can jump up on teams and play from the lead. We're not a team that can play from behind and have the score in our favor when the clock ticks zero. IMO.

Does your brain just shut off when the Broncos have long pass plays? I hope you just have some mental block, because they were going deep down the sidelines all day. Probably more deep sideline passes today than bubble screens.

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I saw we lost this game moreso than getting beat by the other team... out.

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 03:17 PM

I agree with you, I wanted the FG from there. But as it turned out it is not a significant play in the game.

If the broncos were to tie the game and then lose in OT, then it becomes significant, and we could all blame MCD. But that obviously never happened.

OABB
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Normally I'm suicidal after a loss like this, but I'm ok for some reason. Maybe I'm becoming an adult?

Denver724
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Normally I'm suicidal after a loss like this, but I'm ok for some reason. Maybe I'm becoming an adult?

This is the least excited I have been about a season in 15 years. I just don't have high expectations I guess.

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM
This is the least excited I have been about a season in 15 years. I just don't have high expectations I guess.

It's hard to be expecting much when every major player on the team seemingly is injured.

TonyR
09-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Except for perhaps the adult part I feel the same way.

R8R H8R
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM

1. Yes

2. Lower expectations.

3. Saw enough positives to believe there is hope.

4. It aint over 'till it's over.

5. All of the above?

Cito Pelon
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I watched it from every angle, his defender let him go after about 7 yards and the safety cut inside to double cover Royal...there was nobody near him.

My fault. He was wide open. He should have cut inside and been waving his arms like a crazy man to get Orton's attention.

OABB
09-12-2010, 06:43 PM
1. Yes

2. Lower expectations.

3. Saw enough positives to believe there is hope.

4. It aint over 'till it's over.

5. All of the above?

Maybe. I think it's the whiney ******s on this site always bitching. I think it made me see what a wuss I have been in the past about a game. I used to whine and cry, but now I just accept facts better. Plus I'm happily married, so that can help with perspective.

BroncosSR
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM
It's hard to be expecting much when every major player on the team seemingly is injured or traded.

Fixed.

snowspot66
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Fixed.

Uhuh. Sure. Whatever.

Everybody we've traded has gone on and done so well. ::)

The MVPlaya
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Last time we played the Jags @ home in 2008 with Shanny Cutler Marshall etc... we lost 24-17.