View Full Version : Harris out

baja
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
for jags game

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/harris-out-for-sunday/

baja
09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Also;

Kevin Vickerson joined the Broncos on Tuesday after being released by Seattle. The veteran already appreciates the chance to play with his new team's experienced defensive line.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Starting-Fresh/b9ffda5e-d7f3-489b-a10b-35d8029bc65c

Quoydogs
09-11-2010, 12:56 PM
This sucks but compared to how it looked like we were going to start this year out it's not too bad.

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Wish we had more info on the extent of this ankle injury.

Get well soon Harris!

baja
09-11-2010, 01:19 PM
broncos.com said 1 to 2 weeks

Dagmar
09-11-2010, 01:42 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:iDoz7DC_Koag7M:http://www.missthing.net/assets/images/Elvis_Dead.jpg&t=1

rbackfactory80
09-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Great player, major health concerns. When he comes back he better stay healthy or else he will have to be replaced. I pulling for him but I don 't know if he will ever make through 16 or better yet 18 games.

extralife
09-11-2010, 02:23 PM
the oline really is going to sink our season isn't it

baja
09-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Not necessarily.

Harris is out 1 to 2 weeks and Josh made what looks to be some nice pickups.

Plus we no longer will be trying to run a power blocking scheme with ZBS personal.

Tombstone RJ
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM

it completely depends on the oline depth. This oline is as deep as any I can remember and I'm not really worried about the run game as long as this oline can protect Orton... that's the key.

Rohirrim
09-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Broncos have to go after a better solution at RT next off-season. Harris has been injured since college. He's just not durable enough to play in the NFL.

Hulamau
09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Not necessarily.

Harris is out 1 to 2 weeks and Josh made what looks to be some nice pickups.

Plus we no longer will be trying to run a power blocking scheme with ZBS personal.

Exactly, and Daniels, Walton and Beadles werent chopped liver in the preseason. Having Clady back is huge. Beadles can hold his own at RT with Kupe next to him. Graham will be back as well, and Daniels look solid the last two games. I think we'll be better than people expect.

Beadles is an ungrade at RT over Polumbus in any event.... Dont underestimate Kyle;s improvement and the better rout running as well from all the second year WR in this system. All of which adds up to better over all Offense.

With Kyle now sliding in the pocket well to let the rush push past him as he slides up, I expect a lot more check down completions this year as well.

Eddie will re-imerge and Decker looks ready to rumble too. Once DT gets it going too we'll be fine ... specially if Knowshon and Buck stay healthy.

Its gonna be very interesting to see if and when we use Tebow as well. A real wildcard that every D will have to think about and try and plan for at the very least.

Broncos 28 - Jagwads 17

Hulamau
09-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Broncos have to go after a better solution at RT next off-season. Harris has been injured since college. He's just not durable enough to play in the NFL.

If Stanley pans out as a solid starting LG then we already have our new starting RT for next year and beyond in Beadles. He'll improve all year long and next season will break out as stud right tackle.

Main thing is how we run the ball. That will show us the real progress with this line. I dotn expedct them to be in top form early. How can they be with so many new faces and Clady just limbering up? But if they can hold their own I'm not as concerned with the pass protection.

Graham missed most of the preseason as well so the difficutly in the run game reflected his absence as well. Having him back will be a real plus for the RBs.

baja
09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Exactly, and Daniels, Walton and Beadles werent chopped liver in the preseason. Having Clady back is huge. Beadles can hold his own at RT with Kupe next to him. Graham will be back as well, and Daniels look solid the last two games. I think we'll be better than people expect.

Beadles is an ungrade at RT over Polumbus in any event.... Dont underestimate Kyle;s improvement and the better rout running as well from all the second year WR in this system. All of which adds up to better over all Offense.

With Kyle now sliding in the pocket well to let the rush push past him as he slides up, I expect a lot more check down completions this year as well.

Eddie will re-imerge and Decker looks ready to rumble too. Once DT gets it going too we'll be fine ... specially if Knowshon and Buck stay healthy.

Its gonna be very interesting to see if and when we use Tebow as well. A real wildcard that every D will have to think about and try and plan for at the very least.

Broncos 28 - Jagwads 17

I agree with everything except the final score;

Broncos 31 - jags 17

Hulamau
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know the extent of McBaths forearm injury?? Is it another broken arm?? Hope this isnt a chronic deal. McBath looks to be a solid Safety and ST stud when we cna keep him on the field.

My #1 wish is for the injury bug to be over for us for this year. We've had more than enough already.

Hulamau
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Broncos 31 - jags 17

Sounds good to me :-)

baja
09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know the extent of McBaths forearm injury?? Is it another broken arm?? Hope this isnt a chronic deal. McBath looks to be a solid Safety and ST stud when we cna keep him on the field.

My #1 wish is for the injury bug to be over for us for this year. We've had more than enough already.

He needs to take lots of "E3Live" and strengthen his bones.

Popps
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Folks, Harris is going to be "out" for one reason or another most of this season and probably most of his career. If he plays half the season healthy, I'll be pleasantly shocked.

I hope we're working at a real long-term solution at RT if not via someone on our roster now... then someone we pick up later.

The MVPlaya
09-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Folks, Harris is going to be "out" for one reason or another most of this season and probably most of his career. If he plays half the season healthy, I'll be pleasantly shocked.

I hope we're working at a real long-term solution at RT if not via someone on our roster now... then someone we pick up later.

We'll need one for Tebow.

extralife
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
It's a little hard to attempt to replace a player long term because you don't think/know how often he'll be healthy. When he's on the field, Harris is an elite tackle. All you can do is make sure you have a competent back up and hope for the best.

Popps
09-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It's a little hard to attempt to replace a player long term because you don't think/know how often he'll be healthy. When he's on the field, Harris is an elite tackle. All you can do is make sure you have a competent back up and hope for the best.

That's definitely a stretch. He's a quality player, the rare times he's on the field and not limping around from something.

It's nothing personal against the guy, but some dudes are just prone to injury. It happens. Waiting for him to get healthy is like me waiting for it to rain tomorrow in Los Angeles. It's just a bad plan.

Cito Pelon
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Fortunately, Beadles got a lot or work in preseason with Clady out, got used to the speed of the game against first-teamers, and handled himself well.

oubronco
09-11-2010, 07:32 PM

Broncos 31 - jags 17

I got 34-17

strafen
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Harris is definitley a great RT. Granted he hasn't played long enough to establish himself as one of the elites in his position, but I think if he stays healthy that he will be around for a while...

SoCalBronco
09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Ryan Harris's seemingly unending string of injuries is frustrating, but I do agree that he is an elite RT, especially in a zone scheme, but also in other schemes. It was painfully obvious last year how much the OL missed him when he was out. I wouldn't be shocked, though, if he was traded due to the injury issues if Beadles can develop at RT. He'll certainly get a chance this weekend.

I really like our bookend tackles though, that's the strongest part of the team, IMO. Hopefully Ryan can get past these issues.

Sassy
09-11-2010, 07:43 PM
DEN
Demaryius Thomas WR Foot Full Participation in Practice Questionable
Daniel Graham TE Chest Full Participation in Practice Probable
Knowshon Moreno RB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable
Ryan Harris T Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Darcel McBath S Forearm Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Andre Brown RB Toe Full Participation in Practice Questionable

JAX
Jarett Dillard WR Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Scotty McGee KR Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Deji Karim RB Thumb Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

ZONA
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM

Yup !! - because nothing quite says injury prone better then when a RB dives into the back of your legs. Let's just blame Harris for this injury too and say he doesn't have toughness. Who cares about the fact a 230 pound RB just dove straight into the back of his legs and caused the injury. Let's all over react now shall we, and call for his replacement.

strafen
09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
DEN
Demaryius Thomas WR Foot Full Participation in Practice Questionable
Daniel Graham TE Chest Full Participation in Practice Probable
Knowshon Moreno RB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Probable
Ryan Harris T Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Darcel McBath S Forearm Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Andre Brown RB Toe Full Participation in Practice Questionable

JAX
Jarett Dillard WR Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Scotty McGee KR Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Deji Karim RB Thumb Limited Participation in Practice QuestionableSo, that means Richard Quinn is a healthy and ready to play?