PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels waters down Broncos for Jacksonville

Kaylore
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16042830

— Yes, the Broncos have the Weather Channel on the cable at their Dove Valley complex.

And yes, Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels believes the team has done all it can to prepare for the heat and humidity that awaits them in Jacksonville for Sunday's season opener.

"We hydrated all week," McDaniels said today. "I think our guys have done a great job of really trying to pound fluids all week so they're not waiting to get an IV Sunday 20 minutes before kickoff."

Read more: McDaniels waters down Broncos for Jacksonville - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16042830#ixzz0zAEoQiJ4

Some quotes I found interesting.

The Broncos are 0-4 all time in September games in Florida with three of the losses coming since the start of the 1999 season.

On that list is a 7-6 loss in Jacksonville in 2004 to go with a 34-10 loss in Miami in 2005.
We'll play all the active players we can," McDaniels said.

Rohirrim
09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Win the toss and put up the first score. The rest is gravy. ;D

cmhargrove
09-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
We'll play all the active players we can," McDaniels said.

Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

I had to do it...

Josh McDaniels
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Guys, I told you I got this!

Boobs McGee
09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Call me crazy, but after checking the weather history for our two cities for the last three months, its actually been hotter HERE; the heat, imo, won't be as much of a factor this year. In that same 3 month stretch, the humidity there has been about 15% more...but that doesn't seem like the biggest difference ever. I dunno, its been hot as **** here this summer. Hopefully it translates :/

TheReverend
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Call me crazy, but after checking the weather history for our two cities for the last three months, its actually been hotter HERE; the heat, imo, won't be as much of a factor this year. I'm that same 3 month stretch, the humidity there has been about 15% more...but that doesn't seem like the biggest difference ever. I dunno, its been hot as **** here this summer. Hopefully it translates :/

You're crazy.

This was Jacksonville's hottest summer ever. We smashed the 1992 previous record.

FISH
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
[URL]
"We hydrated all week," McDaniels said today. "I think our guys have done a great job of really trying to pound fluids all week so they're not waiting to get an IV Sunday 20 minutes before kickoff."

Thats silly. They should do the IV's anyway. Works wonders and cuts down on processing time. Hire some nurses and get to it...

Champagne Powder
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Anybody know if the Jaguars are going to be wearing their "road whites"?

That would force Denver to wear their navy tops in the heat. This move has been pulled off in the past by the Dolphins and Bucs in the past in the heat and humidity of Florida. (see week 1 2005 opener at MIA and week 4 2004 at TB)

orange 4 life
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
All the more reason to make Orange the primary jersey again.

It's a whole lot better in heat than dark blue.

And it looks better too. :D

Champagne Powder
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Exactly!!! If the Jaguars are sporting their whites, it's a major blunder by the Broncos to not counter it by requesting the NFL to wear orange.

Chris
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hydrate

http://gordonandthewhale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/merman-o.jpg

(apologies for the big pic)

cmhargrove
09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Hydrate

http://gordonandthewhale.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/merman-o.jpg

(apologies for the big pic)

Don't apologize because the pic is big, apologize because it looks like a gay mer-man!

crush17
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Thats silly. They should do the IV's anyway. Works wonders and cuts down on processing time. Hire some nurses and get to it...

also - rub some tussin on it.

baja
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
You're crazy.

This was Jacksonville's hottest summer ever. We smashed the 1992 previous record.

Duh, I just realized you are from Jacksonville, you are going to the game right. got good seats?

baja
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM

That's a great point you should try an pass that on to the FO. Seriously!

WABronco
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Frankly, I'm tired of watching the team get their tired asses drug up and down the field in the first game of the season. BREAK THE CURSE

orange 4 life
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
As for the game it makes me a bit nervous. Florida in September AND the 11:00 start time.

That said we better get used to the 11:00 start because we have more of 'em this season than ever before.

And while the heat could be a factor (especially for our defense as the game wears on) if our offense gets out to a good start we should be able to hang on.
Go Broncos!!!

TheReverend
09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Duh, I just realized you are from Jacksonville, you are going to the game right. got good seats?

Yes and yes.

baja
09-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes and yes.

Enjoy Rev.

orange 4 life
09-10-2010, 03:32 PM
That's a great point you should try an pass that on to the FO. Seriously!

I know McD is with us (he's the reason we're wearing them two games again this season though I'm sure most everyone already knows that) but unfortunately Bowlen hated the old orange so I doubt he'd let it come full circle and let the team switch to them as the primary but I'll keep hoping!!

baja
09-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I know McD is with us (he's the reason we're wearing them two games again this season though I'm sure most everyone already knows that)<b> but unfortunately Bowlen hated the old orange</b> so I doubt he'd let it come full circle and let the team switch to them as the primary but I'll keep hoping!!

Why that gutless drunk..... ;D

broncofan2438
09-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I heard we are getting to wear our white jerseys. Can anyone confirm this?

ColoradoDarin
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll be rocking the blue jersey at the game!

Binkythefrog
09-10-2010, 03:54 PM

According to Jacksonville's SB blog writer:

"Usually no surprisingly.

Del Rio’s first home game as HC was vs Buffalo. Honestly I think that was the hottest, muggiest game I’ve been to in person in my life. Jax wore their white jerseys, like they always did when Coughlin was the HC. Yet Buffalo still whipped us 38-17. After that game Del Rio basicly swore off wearing white at home. Though we have done it twice since, home openers in 2005 (vs Seattle) and 2006 (vs Dallas)"

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/9/6/1672783/better-know-the-jacksonville

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Call me crazy, but after checking the weather history for our two cities for the last three months, its actually been hotter HERE; the heat, imo, won't be as much of a factor this year. In that same 3 month stretch, the humidity there has been about 15% more...but that doesn't seem like the biggest difference ever. I dunno, its been hot as **** here this summer. Hopefully it translates :/

It's ridiculous how people can go into heat prostration before they even are in the heat.

It . ...is ....no....big...deal. It's nothing. I can't believe how some people make a big deal out of it.

No that's not quite true - the big deal is some people actually do make a big deal out of it, which is ridiculous. I went from Denver to US Army boot camp in Ft. Jackson, South Carolina in mid-summer and I thought it was great to be able to run all day at that low altitude. I sweated a lot, obviously, but I could run all day long. I was faster in the sprints, faster in the endurance runs. I won the PT competition for our Company.

It's mind over matter. If you think you're gonna fail, you probably will.

DeuceOfClub
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
It is a 'teal on teal sunday' for the jaguars, whatever that means...

(I think it means they will be wearing their teal jerseys)

baja
09-10-2010, 04:10 PM
it's ridiculous how people can go into heat prostration before they even are in the heat.

It . ...is ....no....big...deal. It's nothing. I can't believe how some people make a big deal out of it.

No that's not quite true - the big deal is some people actually do make a big deal out of it, which is ridiculous. I went from denver to us army boot camp in ft. Jackson, south carolina in mid-summer and i thought it was great to be able to run all day at that low altitude. I sweated a lot, obviously, but i could run all day long. I was faster in the sprints, faster in the endurance runs. I won the pt competition for our company.

This post is F A I L

Hogan11
I know McD is with us (he's the reason we're wearing them two games again this season though I'm sure most everyone already knows that) but unfortunately Bowlen hated the old orange so I doubt he'd let it come full circle and let the team switch to them as the primary but I'll keep hoping!!

You sure that was Bowlen and not Shanahan? I always thought it was the superstitous Shanahan that sneered at and lobbied for the banishment of the orange. Bowlen rode with the orange for 12 years before the uni change, which is why I started to question it.

I mean, if Bowlen was so against it, would he allow McD to bring it out the maximum number of times allowed by the league?

Cito Pelon

Confirmed.

PRBronco
09-10-2010, 04:11 PM
It's ridiculous how people can go into heat prostration before they even are in the heat.

No that's not quite true - the big deal is some people actually do make a big deal out of it, which is ridiculous. I went from Denver to US Army boot camp in Ft. Jackson, South Carolina in mid-summer and I thought it was great to be able to run all day at that low altitude. I sweated a lot, obviously, but I could run all day long. I was faster in the sprints, faster in the endurance runs. I won the PT competition for our Company.

It's true. One time I went to Maui and I was like "oh man it's gonna be so hot there". And I got there and it was so hot all I could do was lounge and swim and drink and eat :(

baja
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
You sure that was Bowlen and not Shanahan? I always thought it was the superstitous Shanahan that sneered at and lobbied for the banishment of the orange. Bowlen rode with the orange for 12 years before the uni change, which is why I started to question it.

I mean, if Bowlen was so against it, would he allow McD to bring it out the maximum number of times allowed by the league?

Good point

we should look for the Swoop on Mike's mansion (follow the money)

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:24 PM
This is why you run wind sprints after wind sprints in TC. It's a big deal to be the best conditioned team in the NFL. It pays off early, and it pays off late.

Dan Reeves used to run the most difficult TC in the NFL, and it's not surprising he won 3 AFC Championship rings with Denver, one NFC Championship ring with Atlanta, and almost one with the NY Giants.

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
This post is F A I L

You're bagging on my Army service? I protected you. C'mon man, Ft. Jackson, mid-summer, boot camp, I don't know how to beat the heat? Please.

baja
09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
You're bagging on my Army service? I protected you. C'mon man, Ft. Jackson, mid-summer, boot camp, I don't know how to beat the heat? Please.

No I'm bagging on you for your ridiculous statement that the heat is a non factor. ;D

Oh and I was second in my company's PT test in Basic at Ft. Dix. A black guy from Atlanta beat me, I think he was the most high motor man I have ever meant. ;D

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
No I'm bagging on you for your ridiculous statement that the heat is a non factor. ;D

Oh and I was second in my company's PT test in Basic at Ft. Dix. A black guy from Atlanta beat me, I think he was the most high motor man I have ever meant. ;D

Well, the heat is a factor for the fat guys, yes. They don't do well in any kind of conditioning test no matter where the test occurs. I'm saying the heat is not a big deal for the guys that are actually in shape.

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
It's true. One time I went to Maui and I was like "oh man it's gonna be so hot there". And I got there and it was so hot all I could do was lounge and swim and drink and eat :(

Much like some NFL players, no doubt.

baja
09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Everyone's thermostat is different and conditioning has little to do with it.

broncosteven
09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Guys, I told you I got this!

Not worried about the 1st 6 games as much as I am worried about the last 8.

baja
09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Not worried about the 1st 6 games as much as I am worried about the last 8.

Which two game do you not care about?

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Everyone's thermostat is different and conditioning has little to do with it.

Baloney. Conditioning is a big deal. There was a reason Reeves/Joe Collier teams made the playoffs and won in the playoffs a lot, and it wasn't just because John Elway was on the team. It was because Reeves and Collier made sure they were superbly conditioned, they could win games in the 4th quarter when other teams were gassed.

Boobs McGee
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM
You're crazy.

riiiight. I should probly pay attention to the NC vs the FL symbols when searching state weather history.

Well played sir. Well played.

Soooo, we might be at a smidgeon of a disadvantage.

BroncoDoug
09-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Same here I went to Basic for the Air Force down in Texas, that is just a new kind of humidity down there, but I could run forever. But yeah, just opening the door you need another shower.

baja
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Baloney. Conditioning is a big deal. There was a reason Reeves/Joe Collier teams made the playoffs and won in the playoffs a lot, and it wasn't just because John Elway was on the team. It was because Reeves and Collier made sure they were superbly conditioned, they could win games in the 4th quarter when other teams were gassed.

We're talking heat index here not stamina they're different

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Same here I went to Basic for the Air Force down in Texas, that is just a new kind of humidity down there, but I could run forever. But yeah, just opening the door you need another shower.

I never thought of it as a big deal, and I did fine as did many others. Now, the fat boys, they had problems. But they would also have had problems meeting the conditioning tests in Alaska.

The heat and humidity, it's just not that big of a deal. I don't see how it gets made into a big deal. I figure it's an excuse to lose, and I don't buy into that.

There is no good reason to play at a lesser level at Jax than in Denver. I figure every player should be able to play at the same level in Florida as they do in Denver. If they don't, they're a nancy.

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
We're talking heat index here not stamina they're different

Both teams play in the same conditions. I've been there and done that in the Southeast.

If you want to win on the road, you win if you're the better team, regardless of the conditions. The only time the home team has the advantage environmentally is later in the year when the sun is in the opposing staff's eyes.

Denver can't go into this game thinking they're at a disadvantage because of the environmental conditions, that's what I'm saying.

Pony Boy
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, the heat is a factor for the fat guys, yes. They don't do well in any kind of conditioning test no matter where the test occurs. I'm saying the heat is not a big deal for the guys that are actually in shape.

It's not the heat it's the humidity that will kill your ass.

baja
09-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Both teams play in the same conditions. I've been there and done that in the Southeast.

If you want to win on the road, you win if you're the better team, regardless of the conditions. The only time the home team has the advantage environmentally is later in the year when the sun is in the opposing staff's eyes.

Denver can't go into this game thinking they're at a disadvantage because of the environmental conditions, that's what I'm saying.

Just like you can't train for high altitude at sea level you can't train for high heat and humidity in a place like Denver. Don't know why that is so hard for you to grasp.

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 06:01 PM
It's not the heat it's the humidity that will kill your ass.

The humidity is nothing to cry about. WTF is the big deal? So you sweat some, what's the big deal? People pretend like it's enough to make you go into a fetal position. It's ridiculous the big deal some people try to make.

Cito Pelon
09-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Just like you can't train for high altitude at sea level you can't train for high heat and humidity in a place like Denver. Don't know why that is so hard for you to grasp.

I can't believe anybody would be scared about playing a football game in 95 degree heat with 70 humidity. It's ridiculous to be scared of that, especially since the opposing team is playing in the same conditions.

It's silly, like grade school silly, to even worry about it.

baja
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
THE EFFECTS OF TEMPERATURE ON PERFORMANCE

INTRODUCTION

<b>A human being can only tolerate a variation of around 4°C in internal body temperature without physical and mental performances being impaired.</b> It is well known that soccer players like in<b> many other sports</b> are at some time or other subjected to extreme weather conditions.<b> The temperature of the climate the game is played in is all important and will affect body temperature and thus the ability to perform.</b>

TEMPERATURE REGULATION

The control of body temperatures depends on the balance between overcooling and overheating. The normal temperature of the body is 37°C. When playing football heat production is increased and has to be removed or else performance will be affected. Temperature must stay within a range of 37° C to 40° C. Body and the outside air temperature/humidity can be measured relatively accurately through the use of thermometers.

Most of the heat is conducted in the blood stream to the skin where it is released into the environment in four different ways:

Conduction: excess heat is transferred through direct contact with an object (e.g. when swimming in cold water).

Convection: circulating air allows heat to be transferred to air passing over the skin (depends on the air temperature).

Radiation: Involves heat being lost from the body through radiation (e.g. loss of heat within a cold environment).

Evaporation: excess heat is transferred to sweat which is then evaporated. Sweating is the most important means of dissipating heat when exercising under hot conditions.

However, even with the large heat loss through sweat evaporation, body temperature does rise during a match as not all of the heat produced can be released. Evidence also shows that due to the intermittent nature of soccer, the general increase in temperature is greater than for continuous exercise and also the higher the exercise intensity the greater the heat production.

http://www.soccerperformance.org/specialtopics/temperature.htm

UberBroncoMan
09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
It's too bad Tebow isn't on defense because that would create a lot of cheering in our favor.

baja
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Toward Ending Fatal Heat Stroke in Football Players E. Randy Eichner, MD, FACSM
This issue of the Journal of Athletic Training contains 4 articles on the vital topic of heat and hydration in football players. The latest annual survey1 of football injury research notes 39 deaths from exertional heat stroke (EHS) since 1995, 6 of them in 2008. At this writing, during the summer of 2009, it seems at least 3 more football players have died from EHS. Death from EHS in football remains a vexing problem. The 4 articles in this issue suggest answers and raise questions about how to keep football players safe in the heat.
The study by Yeargin et al2 complements a prior study3 of heat acclimatization, according to the new National Collegiate Athletic Association regulations, of collegiate football players during preseason practices. This new study explores thermoregulatory responses and hydration prac- tices in heat-acclimatized adolescents during preseason high school football. The main finding is that heat- acclimatized adolescents can safely complete the first 10 days of preseason football practices (keeping core temper- ature ,406C), using sensible guidelines in a cool to warm climate. Another practical point is that players remain mildly hypohydrated because they replace only two-thirds of sweat losses during practices and rehydrate inadequately between practices. A question for future researchers is how such players would fare in a hot and humid climate.
Fowkes Godek et al4 compared collegiate with profes- sional football players in training to explore the relation- ship of fluid availability to drinking and sweating rates. The main finding is that collegiate players who drank water only at breaks replaced the same volume of fluid (about two-thirds of weight loss) as did National Football League players who had constant access to both water and sports drinks. In this study, ‘‘dehydration’’ was mild; the results might have been different if the climate had been hotter and more humid. As in a prior study,5 the larger linemen had greater sweat rates than the smaller backs and receivers. The authors emphasize that American football players can lose tremendous volumes of fluid daily, making it difficult to maintain fluid and sodium balance. Con- founders here were the inability to control exercise intensity and the imperfect matching of environmental conditions.
The study by Armstrong et al6 was designed to isolate the effect of the helmet and shoulder pads on heat gain. The partial uniform was unlike that worn in football, and the exercise protocol in a hot laboratory—10 minutes of repetitive box lifting, a 10-minute rest, then up to 60 minutes of treadmill walking—was unlike football practice in the field. Other limitations were (1) the treadmill walking was continuous, with no cooling breaks, whereas football practice is a stop-and-go pursuit with breaks for cooling; (2) no fan was used for the convective cooling that can occur in the field; and (3) the laboratory volunteers
were not allowed to drink, whereas regular drinking is encouraged during football practice.
In the Armstrong et al6 study, when players exercising with gear were compared with players exercising without gear, the football uniform did increase physiologic strain, as would be expected. In other words, exercising in the uniform, the players tended to quit earlier from exhaustion. But the helmet and shoulder pads per se had only a small effect on heat gain. They did not increase sweat rate. They did not increase rectal temperature at the end of exercise. Their only effect was an increase in the rate of rise of rectal temperature during treadmill exercise. Football players in the field have cooling breaks, drink fluids, and often remove helmets when not in action. All considered, the Armstrong et al study suggests that the helmet and shoulder pads are not a substantial risk for EHS.
Johnson et al7 gauged responses of the exercisers in the Armstrong et al study to see if perceptual ratings can help keep athletes safe in the heat. Evaluated were scales for perceived exertion, thermal perception, thirst, and muscle pain, along with a modified Environmental Symptoms Questionnaire (ESQ). The main finding was that helmet and shoulder pads per se accounted for no difference in the mean scores on any of the 4 scales and no helpful difference in the ESQ. The authors suggest that, in future research on monitoring athlete safety in the heat, some scales may need to be refined, combined, or expanded.
Just as the Mississippi River is a confluence of streams, EHS in football is a confluence of risk factors. Climate counts, of course, but so do many other factors.8 Players unacclimatized to the heat are at greater risk for EHS early in summer football camp. Fatness and unfitness, as shown in Marine Corps recruits, are 2 risk factors for EHS.9 Football is a ‘‘warrior culture’’ and, as shown in real warriors, Israeli soldiers, overmotivation is a risk factor for EHS.10 Along these lines, stimulants can also be risk factors for EHS in athletes.11 Hydration matters, but intensity can matter more. For example, in unpublished data, we monitored core temperature via an ingested temperature sensor in 8 collegiate football players during an intense 95-minute conditioning drill on a warm, humid day in June. Even though the players drank fluids and wore no football gear, core temperature rose to a mean of nearly 1036F (39.46C), with most of the rise in the first 20 minutes of the drill and a final spike during the closing sprinting. In short, huge guys are heat bombs. But we and others12 have found that the stop-and-go nature of summer ‘‘2-a-days’’ can be a saving grace, in that players who may heat up during intense drills tend to cool down between drills and during rest breaks. The pros and cons of precooling are still debated,13 but recent researchers have noted that cold drink ingestion improves exercise endurance capacity in the
Journal of Athletic Training 105

Mogulseeker
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Anybody know if the Jaguars are going to be wearing their "road whites"?

That would force Denver to wear their navy tops in the heat. This move has been pulled off in the past by the Dolphins and Bucs in the past in the heat and humidity of Florida. (see week 1 2005 opener at MIA and week 4 2004 at TB)

We'd have the option to wear orange, then. Prolly a good idea.

Kaylore
09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
When players are cramping and on IV's in the fourth quarter, we just need to have Cito tell them its no big deal.

baja
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
He could bring a whip that would get them on their feet

baja
09-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I notice he hasn't been back since I posted a couple of articles on the subject.

Kaylore
09-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I notice he hasn't been back since I posted a couple of articles on the subject.
He probably has a life.

TheReverend
09-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Yeah... that's just crazy man.

Hulamau
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Where do we sign up for the Orange jersey request?? Bowlen needs to hear from us masses.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Accept defeat now.

Archer81
09-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Accept defeat now.

What is: The Chiefs pregame rally cry?

:Broncos:

Popps
09-10-2010, 10:49 PM
What is: The Chiefs pregame rally cry?

http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/377/onion_news938_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

ScottXray
09-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Cito makes a good point about mental prep and attitude.......The humidity WILL be a factor...but you can't go in thinking it will be a huge factor and prep yourself to lose becasue of it.

And the points about Reeves team being better conditioned and owning the 4th quarter is also true. The broncos used to OWN the 4th in those days.

Good to see that the staff has been banging on the troops about hydration
this week though. Hopefully we can break the Florida opener jynx THIS year.

Los Broncos
09-11-2010, 10:12 AM
http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/377/onion_news938_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

What, no photo of a Camaro in the background?

Kaylore
09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
What, no photo of a Camaro in the background?

What do you think they're admiring?

Los Broncos
09-11-2010, 10:27 AM
QUOTE=Kaylore;2927551]What do you think they're admiring?[/QUOTE]

The bathroom sink ROFL!

baja
09-11-2010, 10:29 AM
QUOTE=Kaylore;2927551]What do you think they're admiring?

The bathroom sink ROFL![/QUOTE]

They don't even admire the right car, it should be a 1969 GTO. I had one and was the best muscle car ever, well that and a Dodge Hemi.

BroncosinDC
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I used to wake up still drunk and do PT all day in the goddamn humidity, I expect neckbeard will do fine. My Marine Corps service is a testiment that guys from Colorado can do just fine in humidity if they don't use a crutch and just get in the mindset that I'm going to do this.

Also heat...stand next to a broiler for 8 hours on a Friday night when its 100 degrees outside and upwards 50% humidity while opening 500 degree ovens. Your definition of heat rapidly changes.

Los Broncos
09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
The bathroom sink ROFL!

They don't even admire the right car, it should be a 1969 GTO. I had one and was the best muscle car ever, well that and a Dodge Hemi.[/QUOTE]

What's up with your avatar? is that Tebow upside down?

baja
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
They don't even admire the right car, it should be a 1969 GTO. I had one and was the best muscle car ever, well that and a Dodge Hemi.

What's up with your avatar? is that Tebow upside down?[/QUOTE]

To me it depicts we are all connected to a network or Matrix if you will.

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Soooooo... Today was hot as HELL. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad tomorrow but the forecast is that it's supposed to be hotter... then again, today was hotter than the forecast. Either way, an hour in the sun today and I was like "Screw this"

baja
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Soooooo... Today was hot as HELL. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad tomorrow but the forecast is that it's supposed to be hotter... then again, today was hotter than the forecast. Either way, an hour in the sun today and I was like "Screw this"

We better fly in Cito.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM

Ugh, it was bad today. hopefully that means we got the heat early and tomorrow will be cooler?

mwill07
09-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Tomorrows forecast:

1 PM: 89 dF, 59% RH, feels like 97 dF, 30% chance of rain.

it's officially gonna be hot and muggy.

Pseudofool
09-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Soooooo... Today was hot as HELL. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad tomorrow but the forecast is that it's supposed to be hotter... then again, today was hotter than the forecast. Either way, an hour in the sun today and I was like "Screw this"Dude, here's what you do: get you and your buddies your neighbors your tenants your peeps, whomever, and open up your refrigerators beginning two hours before kick off. Additionally, point the AC to face outside.

go_broncos
09-11-2010, 06:34 PM
It's very hot in Jacksonville.
I just hope it is not hot tomorrow.
In the Sports radio, most of them said that Denver player's will fall like flies by 3rd Quarter and that's one of the reason they are predicting that Jax will win the game.

I just hope weather becomes cooler tomorrow.

IHaveALight
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
When the rest of the team is cramping and gassed, we just have to send in The Tebow, nobody plays better in Florida then The Tebow!

BroncoFiend
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I'll be rocking the blue jersey at the game!

I'll be there too, wearing blue, my wife will be wearing a white eddie mac

Archer81
09-11-2010, 07:03 PM
It's very hot in Jacksonville.
I just hope it is not hot tomorrow.
In the Sports radio, most of them said that Denver player's will fall like flies by 3rd Quarter and that's one of the reason they are predicting that Jax will win the game.

I just hope weather becomes cooler tomorrow.

Contrary to popular belief, when people from high altitudes travel to areas that are sea level, and therefore muggy and hot, they actually do pretty well. If they stay hydrated, they will be fine.

Honestly...how many people here live in Colo, go east and can 1. outdrink anyone alive, 2. outrun anyone alive or 3. have a better ability to handle the heat?

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Ugh, it was bad today. hopefully that means we got the heat early and tomorrow will be cooler?

Hey you coming? I'll be in Lot O with some friends. Taking my daughter so I won't be too wild, but it'll be fun for sure.

Dude, here's what you do: get you and your buddies your neighbors your tenants your peeps, whomever, and open up your refrigerators beginning two hours before kick off. Additionally, point the AC to face outside.

I'll be tailgating two hours before kick off.

I WILL leave my cooler open just to pitch in though.

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Contrary to popular belief, when people from high altitudes travel to areas that are sea level, and therefore muggy and hot, they actually do pretty well. If they stay hydrated, they will be fine.

Honestly...how many people here live in Colo, go east and can 1. outdrink anyone alive, 2. outrun anyone alive or 3. have a better ability to handle the heat?

You don't actually take that seriously do you?

mwill07
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM

I can verify that when I have traveled from FL to WY, I can 1. not outdrink anyone 2. not outrun anyone or 3. cannot handle the cold.

It's embarrassing, really.

OABB
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Heat scmeat. It has always been about physicality with our teams. We could play them in the snow and lose. Heres hoping more beef on the lines changes this pathetic history around tomorrow.

Archer81
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
You don't actually take that seriously do you?

That its hot in Jacksonville?

No. I had a few thoughts about that when I read it. First one was no **** its hot in Jacksonville, and the second was hoping it would suddenly cool down in time for one game seemed kinda silly.

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey you coming? I'll be in Lot O with some friends. Taking my daughter so I won't be too wild, but it'll be fun for sure.

I'll be tailgating two hours before kick off.

I WILL leave my cooler open just to pitch in though.

My wife and I will be there along with about 6 other friends. I'm not driving, so I don't know where we're going to park and tailgate, if we're near Lot O, we will swing by!

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 07:09 PM
That its hot in Jacksonville?

No. I had a few thoughts about that when I read it. First one was no **** its hot in Jacksonville, and the second was hoping it would suddenly cool down in time for one game seemed kinda silly.

No, your response about the heat not really mattering.

It was probably your funniest post ever.

TheReverend
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
My wife and I will be there along with about 6 other friends. I'm not driving, so I don't know where we're going to park and tailgate, if we're near Lot O, we will swing by!

Pics of any single, attractive, female friends, please.

Archer81
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
No, your response about the heat not really mattering.

It was probably your funniest post ever.

Huh. Must be my brand of unintentional funny. Heat only matters if you are underhydrated. It's not like the Jags players are immune to it either.

baja
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
When the rest of the team is cramping and gassed, we just have to send in The Tebow, nobody plays better in Florida then The Tebow!

Ya know that is a very good point

ColoradoDarin
09-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Pics of any single, attractive, female friends, please.

Here are the pics of all the single women I know.....

Cito Pelon
09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
When players are cramping and on IV's in the fourth quarter, we just need to have Cito tell them its no big deal.

Gimme a break, jeez. I'm saying you can't go into a difficult situation thinking the worst, expecting the worst.

Pseudofool
09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I WILL leave my cooler open just to pitch in though.Way to be a sport!