PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NFL

Los Broncos
09-10-2010, 09:12 AM
I was watching inside the NFL, they were showing clips from training camp from some of the teams.

They showed McDaniels a few times, at one point he says "the little things"

What does he mean in football terms?

Tombstone RJ
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I was watching inside the NFL, they were showing clips from training camp from some of the teams.

They showed McDaniels a few times, at one point he says "the little things"

What does he mean in football terms?

I don't know the context of what McD is communicating when he said "the little things" but from my experience it means taking care of the details, which can be little things like footwork, blocking angles, lining up correctly, knowing your assigment, etc. If you take care of the little things, the details, then the big things like winning and losing will take care of themselves.

This is old ball coach talk.

Los Broncos
09-10-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't know the context of what McD is communicating when he said "the little things" but from my experience it means taking care of the details, which can be little things like footwork, blocking angles, lining up correctly, knowing your assigment, etc. If you take care of the little things, the details, then the big things like winning and losing will take care of themselves.

This is old ball coach talk.

That's what I thought, but they didn't show what the players were doing just him talking to the players.

Just wanted to know what he is teaching out there.

Chris
09-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Mcdaniels is all about the details. He learned that from Belichick. Smart, situational football.

Los Broncos
09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Mcdaniels is all about the details. He learned that from Belichick. Smart, situational football.

He also said "we need leaders at a time like this" or something like that.