PDA

View Full Version : have you ever wanted to punch Trent Dilfer?

bronco militia
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
....every time is see him on ESPN

Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Read more: Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16026481#ixzz0z3AK5L4E

All eyes will peek in on Jacksonville, Fla., during Week 1 of the NFL season to see how the hometown hero fares in his return.

And by Jacksonville-raised hero, this isn't about eight-time Pro Bowler Brian Dawkins. This is way bigger than a future Hall of Famer.

This is Tim Tebow.

"It's his town, man," said Maurice Jones-Drew, the Jaguars' star running back. "It's going to be exciting for him. Everyone is probably going to try to be at the hotel and see him. Word around here flies around fast where everyone is staying, so my advice to him is get a private room and stay in there the entire night."

Adoring autograph seekers, though, are just part of Tebow's entourage. As the rookie from the University of Florida makes his expected NFL debut Sunday in his hometown of Jacksonville, where the Broncos will meet the Jaguars in the season opener, there are those who don't think Tebow can make it as an NFL quarterback. Most of these critics reside within the NFL industry, if outside Dove Valley. Scouts, executives, coaches, observers, experts.

"I'm one that said he won't," said former quarterback Trent Dilfer, who is now an NFL analyst for ESPN. "I want to be wrong. I want Tim Tebow to be a superstar because there's one thing you cannot coach and that's will. And I think he has the strongest will of any person we've seen in a long time."

See there. Tebow, who is more wholesome than multigrain bread and more likable than ice cream, even has critics pulling for him. Not that a few run-pass option plays against Jacksonville will shake them.

"Saying that," Dilfer continued, "if he is successful as a quarterback in the first three years of his career, it will be one of the most remarkable jobs of coaching by Josh McDaniels and his staff that we have seen since (what) Bill Walsh did with Joe Montana. It will be absolutely mind-boggling from a quarterback standpoint if Josh McDaniels and his staff can make him a successful quarterback in the first three years."

Mind-boggling would be Tebow's popularity, despite his mechanical flaws. Even the Jaguars, who had just one sellout in 10 home games last year, are expecting their stadium to be filled Sunday.

"It is selling out our stadium because he's coming," Jones said.

Ah, Jacksonville. Jaguars management was vilified for not drafting Tebow in April, not that it had a chance past its No. 10 overall pick. The overwhelming sentiment was: What difference does a roster make if forced relocation is a legitimate threat?

"Jacksonville has been a great city, I loved growing up there," Tebow said at his locker Wednesday, "But I'm very excited and very proud to be with the team that I'm with."

The hometown roots of Tebowmania have spread. There is a belief that the backup quarterback is always the most popular player on the team. NFL jersey sales say Tebow is the most popular player on the planet who happens to be a backup quarterback.

A rare backup quarterback who is expected to either replace, or join, starting quarterback Kyle Orton if the Broncos' offense encounters a third-and-short, goal-to-goal situations.

"It has to be short yardage, goal line, because he's not a great runner," Dilfer said. "That's the biggest myth. He's a 4.7 guy who's 235, 240 pounds there's a lot of those guys."

Whatever Tebow is, people love to watch him, talk about him, praise him, critique him. The Game 1 attraction in

Post Poll - Broncos QBs

Which quarterback do you wish to see take the majority of snaps as the starter this year for the Denver Broncos?

Kyle Orton: The incumbent will flourish in his second season under coach Josh McDaniels.
Brady Quinn: Given a second chance in a new system, his vast potential will be realized.
Tim Tebow: Why wait? He has proven himself a winner at the highest levels of college ball.

Jacksonville is not Dawkins, despite his Hall of Fame resume. It's not Broncos' No. 1 receiver Jabar Gaffney, who also hails from Jacksonville, or defensive lineman Marcus Thomas.

It's not even the Jaguars.

"The career he had in college that's a college town first and foremost in Jacksonville, period, and Florida big time," Dawkins said. "So I understand the hype and excitement about Tim."

Tebow gets to go home again for none other than his first NFL game.

"It is pretty ironic," Tebow said. "And it's also very exciting and something that will always be very memorable for me

Read more: Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16026481#ixzz0z3AGsLF1

enjolras
09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
There are a lot of 240 pound NFL quarterbacks?

PRBronco
09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
**** Trent Dilfer. **** Ray Lewis for getting him a super bowl ring. I like how he keeps qualifying his statement about Tebow's success with "in the first 3 years." He knows Tim will make him look bad. Any quarterback who's successful in his first 3 years is the result of a remarkable coaching job you ****ing idiot. Also I like how he points out Tim's a bad runner because of his 4.7 40. Never mind his mind blowing 3 cone drill time that's infinitely more relevant.

TheReverend
09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Every day.

Jay3
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
He's already laying the foundation with that crap about it being "remarkable coaching."

Yeah, Trent Doosher, it couldn't possibly be because you were WRONG.

Jesterhole
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Not a great runner? Right, lots of people set rushing touchdown records. From the QB position.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Trent is basing Tim's running ability solely on a 4.7 forty. So he's ignoring all tebow's instincts, power, rushing records (and his shuttle times)...all because he runs a 4.7 forty. Wow.

Jay3
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Guy's a former pro and analyzes things like an armchair fan. "Oh, well they way you tell how good a player is at running is look at his 40 time."

That's only one piece of a much larger puzzle, especially for a 245 quarterback moving out of the pocket. Doosher should know better than that.

Jay3
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
"When I predicted that Tim Tebow flat out could not play quarterback in the NFL, I didn't know that he would be allowed to received good coaching. I didn't factor that in."

Rabb
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
the more people doubt, the better he will do...it's just what he does

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
says the QB that was garbage for 90% of his career and a first round pick

Jay3
09-09-2010, 10:25 AM

And Kiper loved him. I think Dilfer is psychologically hung up on the idea of being projected as a "pro quarterback," because he began his career with that being his singular achievement (being highly rated by the draft scouts). He is emotionally invested in the idea that guys like Kiper tend to be right about quarterbacks, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

ColoradoDarin
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
the more people doubt, the better he will do...it's just what he does

This.

I bet you Tebow prints out all of these articles and uses them each time he goes out on the field, practice or game.

Steve Sewell
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Flashback to 1985 about Jerry Rice:

"It has to be short yardage, possession, because he's not a great runner," <Insert Retarded Analyst Name Here> said. "That's the biggest myth. He's a 4.71 guy who's 200, 2005 pounds there's a lot of those guys."

extralife
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Can we really stop getting mad every time someone mentions our third string QB without thinking he will be a hall of famer, or dares predict we will finish out of the playoffs after having missed the playoffs for four straight years?

PRBronco
09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Can we really stop getting mad every time someone mentions our third string QB without thinking he will be a hall of famer, or dares predict we will finish out of the playoffs after having missed the playoffs for four straight years?

We'd be kinda ****ty fans if we stopped wouldn't we?

Jay3
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM

He didn't say he won't be a hall of famer. He said he won't make in the NFL. That's a very, very rare prediction for someone like Dilfer to make. You almost always leave somebody the benefit of the doubt. You just don't declare someone will fail, especially when a professional team has evaluated him and drafted him in the first round, and he's done well.

It does make me angry. I don't think they should do that.

worm
09-09-2010, 10:51 AM
It does make me angry. I don't think they should do that.

Note to TV Analysts. Don't make Jay3 angry. He doesn't like it.

bronco militia
09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
don't make me angry...i'll punch you in the face ;D

Jay3
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Note to TV Analysts. Don't make Jay3 angry. He doesn't like it.

Note to teh Internet: Jay3 occasionally posts what he thinks. Try to not break in half.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah...when he played for the Ravens.

baja
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
....every time is see him on ESPN

Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Read more: Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16026481#ixzz0z3AK5L4E

All eyes will peek in on Jacksonville, Fla., during Week 1 of the NFL season to see how the hometown hero fares in his return.

And by Jacksonville-raised hero, this isn't about eight-time Pro Bowler Brian Dawkins. This is way bigger than a future Hall of Famer.

This is Tim Tebow.

"It's his town, man," said Maurice Jones-Drew, the Jaguars' star running back. "It's going to be exciting for him. Everyone is probably going to try to be at the hotel and see him. Word around here flies around fast where everyone is staying, so my advice to him is get a private room and stay in there the entire night."

Adoring autograph seekers, though, are just part of Tebow's entourage. As the rookie from the University of Florida makes his expected NFL debut Sunday in his hometown of Jacksonville, where the Broncos will meet the Jaguars in the season opener, there are those who don't think Tebow can make it as an NFL quarterback. Most of these critics reside within the NFL industry, if outside Dove Valley. Scouts, executives, coaches, observers, experts.

"I'm one that said he won't," said former quarterback Trent Dilfer, who is now an NFL analyst for ESPN. "I want to be wrong. I want Tim Tebow to be a superstar because there's one thing you cannot coach and that's will. And I think he has the strongest will of any person we've seen in a long time."

See there. Tebow, who is more wholesome than multigrain bread and more likable than ice cream, even has critics pulling for him. Not that a few run-pass option plays against Jacksonville will shake them.

"Saying that," Dilfer continued, "if he is successful as a quarterback in the first three years of his career, it will be one of the most remarkable jobs of coaching by Josh McDaniels and his staff that we have seen since (what) Bill Walsh did with Joe Montana. It will be absolutely mind-boggling from a quarterback standpoint if Josh McDaniels and his staff can make him a successful quarterback in the first three years."

Mind-boggling would be Tebow's popularity, despite his mechanical flaws. Even the Jaguars, who had just one sellout in 10 home games last year, are expecting their stadium to be filled Sunday.

"It is selling out our stadium because he's coming," Jones said.

Ah, Jacksonville. Jaguars management was vilified for not drafting Tebow in April, not that it had a chance past its No. 10 overall pick. The overwhelming sentiment was: What difference does a roster make if forced relocation is a legitimate threat?

"Jacksonville has been a great city, I loved growing up there," Tebow said at his locker Wednesday, "But I'm very excited and very proud to be with the team that I'm with."

The hometown roots of Tebowmania have spread. There is a belief that the backup quarterback is always the most popular player on the team. NFL jersey sales say Tebow is the most popular player on the planet who happens to be a backup quarterback.

A rare backup quarterback who is expected to either replace, or join, starting quarterback Kyle Orton if the Broncos' offense encounters a third-and-short, goal-to-goal situations.

"It has to be short yardage, goal line, because he's not a great runner," Dilfer said. "That's the biggest myth. He's a 4.7 guy who's 235, 240 pounds there's a lot of those guys."

Whatever Tebow is, people love to watch him, talk about him, praise him, critique him. The Game 1 attraction in

Post Poll - Broncos QBs

Which quarterback do you wish to see take the majority of snaps as the starter this year for the Denver Broncos?

Kyle Orton: The incumbent will flourish in his second season under coach Josh McDaniels.
Brady Quinn: Given a second chance in a new system, his vast potential will be realized.
Tim Tebow: Why wait? He has proven himself a winner at the highest levels of college ball.

Jacksonville is not Dawkins, despite his Hall of Fame resume. It's not Broncos' No. 1 receiver Jabar Gaffney, who also hails from Jacksonville, or defensive lineman Marcus Thomas.

It's not even the Jaguars.

"The career he had in college that's a college town first and foremost in Jacksonville, period, and Florida big time," Dawkins said. "So I understand the hype and excitement about Tim."

Tebow gets to go home again for none other than his first NFL game.

"It is pretty ironic," Tebow said. "And it's also very exciting and something that will always be very memorable for me

Read more: Tebowmania already had roots in Jacksonville - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16026481#ixzz0z3AGsLF1

Jag FO should have done what ever it took to draft Tim Tebow. But I'm sure glad they didn't.

Kaylore
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Dilfer has a man-crush on McDaniels, so this is more him trying to not waffle once his dram coach drafted the QB he was ripping on.

baja
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
"When I predicted that Tim Tebow flat out could not play quarterback in the NFL, I didn't know that he would be allowed to received good coaching. I didn't factor that in."

Hope every NFL coach reads this line.

RE; thread title / Yes!

broncosteven
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Jesus believes in Tebow...

not the real Jesus from 2000 years ago but the guy who posts here under a false identity.

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2010, 11:18 AM

not the real Jesus from 2000 years ago but the guy who posts here under a false identity.

Are you sure? He sounds like the real Jesus to me....

worm
09-09-2010, 11:19 AM

How do you know it is a false identity? OM Jesus said he was a carpenter.

baja
09-09-2010, 11:24 AM

He also said you were a Lady.

;D

worm
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
He also said you were a Lady.

;D

Like you said. Totally a false Jesus here. :)

Gort
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Jesus is a landscaper. there are about 30 Mexican guys hanging out in front of any Home Depot in California who answer to the name Jesus.

Tombstone RJ
09-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Jesus is a landscaper. there are about 30 Mexican guys hanging out in front of any Home Depot in California who answer to the name Jesus.

Actually, they answer to Zeus. You gotta yell at them "Hey Zeus!" and they will understand you...

baja
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Actually, they answer to Zeus. You gotta yell at them "Hey Zeus!" and they will understand you...

LOL good one.

Jesus
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM

When you have SI's Peter King saying that Trent Dilfer "works with" McCoy, then clearly Dilfer has some issues in regards to his agenda as an unbiased NFL analyst. A case of being too close to his alternate projects?

He ought to be focusing on securing representation from a firm that does not represent the players, rather than bashing players that are not represented by his firm.

bronco militia
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
LOL (looks at Pat Bowlen)

Jesus
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Woody's Mailbag:

2. Tebow will prove the doubters wrong. He can play. He will be a big-time quarterback. Mel Kiper and others, many who read this mailbag, will have to admit they're wrong (although they won't do it publicly). He's a born leader and can make things happen.

He will make mistakes, but he'll more than make up for them. The other Broncos know he will be good. He actually played better in the exhibitions than I thought he would, and we would have seen more if he hadn't injured the ribs.

boltaneer
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Dilfer is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us.

What's the big deal?

MVP-06
09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
punch list:

1. Jamie Dukes
2. Trent Dilfer
3. John Clayton

ColoradoDarin
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
punch list:

1. Jamie Dukes
2. Trent Dilfer
3. John Clayton

This!!

baja
09-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Joe Thiasman sp tops my list.

denvernut1
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
n trent was a garbage qb till he went to tampa n tampa defense won it for him...n kiper said jarmarcus russell was the next elway n dats who fools wanna believe whatever he says f- kiper n dilberger.......

Jay3
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM

What's the big deal?

He's entitled to his opinion, but when he makes his money giving it to us over the airwaves, we're entitled to hold him accountable for being wrong, biased, and using poor reasoning.

And, little known fine print: we are entitled to punch him in the neck.

baja
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
He's entitled to his opinion, but when he makes his money giving it to us over the airwaves, we're entitled to hold him accountable for being wrong, biased, and using poor reasoning.

And, little known fine print: we are entitled to punch him in the neck.

You have to get permission from Spider if you want to exercise your right to use the throat punch.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
There are a lot of 240 pound NFL quarterbacks?

Well, he's actually 245.

Dilfer has a silver tongue, but really, what does he know about being a good quarterback in the NFL. ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Are your cats making too much noise all the time?

http://danneedham.net/images/kitten-mittens.gif

JJG
09-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Don't be mad at Dilfer, he just hasn't yet realized the pure awesomeness that is Tebow. Some people take longer than others.

Hamrob
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't blame Dilfer...he's just reciting the same rant that Shannon Sharpe has been saying.

Personally...I don't care what they say. Take a look at Tebow's stats in the preseason. First off, he has a great arm, secondly I think he understands the QB's role at this level and is going to work harder than anyone to be the best at that. Then there's his "Will" to succeed. There are so many pluses to Tim Tebow...it's scary. His only real flaw to me...is his throwing motion. Most folks use Rivers as an example of players succeeding with poor mechanics. I like to bring Brett Favre front and center to the discussion. Favre holds the ball at his waste more than any QB I've ever seen. The difference between he and Tebow in terms of motion really isn't that much IMO. Favre does get it out faster though...which is what Tebow must work on. Quick flick instead of long winding motion. He'll get there. My money is on TEBOW!!!

Jesus
09-09-2010, 05:39 PM
"He was a 66 percent passer there at Florida, but I don't know if that is indicative of the type of accuracy he has as a QB." Troy Aikman during the Steelers game I was rewatching tonight.

briane
09-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Dilfer was a garbage QB. Right up there with Jeff George.

Why does his opinion count?

KipCorrington25
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
n trent was a garbage qb till he went to tampa n tampa defense won it for him...n kiper said jarmarcus russell was the next elway n dats who fools wanna believe whatever he says f- kiper n dilberger.......

THis statement is great because by being wrong you actually prove your own point, he won the Super Bowl wih Baltimore but was so mediocre and a non factor in that that it's easy to forget.

DivineLegion
09-09-2010, 06:14 PM

Last time I checked fan was an abreviation of fanatic. Of course were a hostile bunch when you are talking about the potential of our franchise.

cousinal11
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
punch list:

1. Jamie Dukes
2. Trent Dilfer
3. John Clayton

4. Colin Cowherd

Jay3
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
If you punched John Clayton, he would turn to dust.

MVP-06
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
If you punched John Clayton, he would turn to dust.

exactly

azbroncfan
09-09-2010, 06:54 PM
How come everytime some analyst says something negative or doesn't praise Denver someone starts a I hate him thread or He's can F off?

Steve Sewell
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM
"He was a 66 percent passer there at Florida, but I don't know if that is indicative of the type of accuracy he has as a QB." Troy Aikman during the Steelers game I was rewatching tonight.

Just curious...do you guys have NFL Sunday Ticket up there? Or are you too busy on Sundays?

broncocalijohn
09-09-2010, 08:33 PM

If we can eat crow from years ago, I thought he would be a super star in the nfl. If not mistaken, his bowl game was against Colorado and played great. Watching him on the West Coast gave me an appreciation for his college play. Couldnt figure out how he didnt do the same but his coach wasnt exactly offensive material.

extralife
09-09-2010, 09:48 PM
We'd be kinda ****ty fans if we stopped wouldn't we?

...no?

TheReverend
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
If we can eat crow from years ago, I thought he would be a super star in the nfl. If not mistaken, his bowl game was against Colorado and played great. Watching him on the West Coast gave me an appreciation for his college play. Couldnt figure out how he didnt do the same but his coach wasnt exactly offensive material.

What? Do you mean Tedford or Wyche? Both are fantastic offensive coaches... Wyche changed pro offenses forever and Tedford created a string of untalented QBs drafted WAYYYYYYYYY above their talent level until Rodgers finally broke the string (Dilfer, Carr, Harrington, Boller, etc)

broncocalijohn
09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
What? Do you mean Tedford or Wyche? Both are fantastic offensive coaches... Wyche changed pro offenses forever and Tedford created a string of untalented QBs drafted WAYYYYYYYYY above their talent level until Rodgers finally broke the string (Dilfer, Carr, Harrington, Boller, etc)

Billick was his coach that held back offensive schemes of passing for defense. He ran most of the time. Not sure exactly if that was because of lack of respect for Dilfer or eat the clock up to keep the score lo and mistake free.

DivineBronco
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
How come everytime some analyst says something negative or doesn't praise Denver someone starts a I hate him thread or He's can F off?

in all fairness how are we supposed to take some of these guys seriously considering how awful they were in other realms of football. I guess the worst offender is Matt Millen it is insulting to see him on tv talking about football

HAT
09-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Not at all...Trent is one of the good guys in the industry. I disagree with him on this particular take but still find him knowledgeable & entertaining.

azbroncfan
09-09-2010, 11:27 PM
in all fairness how are we supposed to take some of these guys seriously considering how awful they were in other realms of football. I guess the worst offender is Matt Millen it is insulting to see him on tv talking about football

Well one opinion right or wrong that you disagree with them doesn't make them an idiot or a need to punch them in the face. It's almost like a race to see who can put up this guy hates the broncos and is an A$%*&LE! Who really cares what they think because it's just filler fluff til the games start and then we actually get to see what the team is.

HAT
09-09-2010, 11:35 PM

And yet, Matt Millen has more football knowledge than 95% of this board combined....Go figure.

easymobee
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM

What's the big deal?

Even if he is, you're not.

So hush up and be careful of that "closed window" on your way back to the Bolts forums.

easymobee
09-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Dilfer was what TB had to settle on after losing their chance at Heath Schuler. Both of those turds were HIGH 1st rounders back in the day. Also CU kicked Dilfer and the Bulldogs ass in a bowl game once upon a time. That's all I remember him for.

That and extending TBs history of futility for a few more years, until they finally turned it around .... right about the time he left. He has a SB ring (big deal) so does (did) Tori Noel, Jeff Lewis, and Tito Paul.

He can evaluate QBs all day. So can TBs FO, and they figured Shaun King was better than him. He probably disagreed with that one too.

A few minutes after the SB ring ceremony BLT also evaluated him out of a job and picked Elvis Grbac over him. Its also easy to forget that Dilfer only started 8 games for that Ravens team. Tony Banks started the other 8 and together they did nothing and won a SB ( a crappy SB too btw - about as exciting as SEA vs PITT ).

Jay3
09-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Not at all...Trent is one of the good guys in the industry. I disagree with him on this particular take but still find him knowledgeable & entertaining.

It makes it a little more painful because I really think of Dilfer as a fundamentally decent guy. I loved the way he capped off his career with a Super Bowl by doing it humble and ugly.

But in this case, he's uninformed and taking shortcuts. I mean, saying that Tebow's running is a "myth" because "he ran a 4.7" is the analysis level of an internet fan.

gunns
09-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Well Trent, maybe the Broncos can build Tim a top 10 great defense and Tim can go on to win a Super Bowl and he can look so good, because of that defense, that he can go to Disneyland because the true MVP is a thug.

Overall I don't mind Dilfer. I'd prefer to punch Bob Costas, Joe Buck and John Madden, but thank God he is gone.

bronco militia
09-10-2010, 06:59 AM

this has nothing to do with hating on the broncos. Dilfer is a moron every time he opens his mouth.

TheReverend
09-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Billick was his coach that held back offensive schemes of passing for defense. He ran most of the time. Not sure exactly if that was because of lack of respect for Dilfer or eat the clock up to keep the score lo and mistake free.

He played a little over half of one year in Baltimore and had the best year of his career culminating in being one of the few terrible QBs to win a SB.

Couldnt figure out how he didnt do the same but his coach wasnt exactly offensive material.

This still confuses me... He had already been in the league for six years, didnt even play over a single year in Baltimore before being cut, Billick was also the OC of the Vikings record setting offense, but your "Dilfer-never-blossomed" argument is Billick?

broncocalijohn
09-11-2010, 12:34 AM
He played a little over half of one year in Baltimore and had the best year of his career culminating in being one of the few terrible QBs to win a SB.

This still confuses me... He had already been in the league for six years, didnt even play over a single year in Baltimore before being cut, Billick was also the OC of the Vikings record setting offense, but your "Dilfer-never-blossomed" argument is Billick?

no, i couldnt believe he didnt blossom off the bat. "same" was what he did in college. Billick was canned because his offenses schemes sucked.

boltaneer
09-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Even if he is, you're not.

So hush up and be careful of that "closed window" on your way back to the Bolts forums.

That window sure is stubborn, ain't it?

People here have been spouting that crap for five plus years now. I guess that window is stuck! :yayaya:

baja
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
That window sure is stubborn, ain't it?

People here have been spouting that crap for five plus years now. I guess that window is stuck! :yayaya:

stuck windows slam shut with the most force.