PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady in serious car accident

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/report_brady_in.html

WEEI radio is reporting that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved in a two-car accident on the corner of Gloucester and Commonwealth in Boston this morning.
According to the report, it was "more than a minor fender-bender." It involved a black Audi and a red minivan, and one car required emergency personnel to use a device to extricate the driver.
We'll have more on the story as details emerge.

Dedhed
09-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Just heard that on Squawk box, of all places. That's about three blocks from where I live. They said the jaws of life were used to get Brady out, but I'm not sure if they care whether that's true or not He went to Brigham and Womens hospital with whiplash and is fairly shaken up.

worm
09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
I take it Brady wasn't in the red minivan.

Hope he is okay.

Dedhed
09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Update:Brady was apparently not even taken to the hospital. Supposedly a minivan ran a red light and hit Brady's car at 6:15 this morning.

Brady saw a team doctor.

Mediator12
09-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Update:Brady was apparently not even taken to the hospital. Supposedly a minivan ran a red light and hit Brady's car at 6:15 this morning.

Brady saw a team doctor.

I hope he is OK. As for seeing the team doctor, well it is NE home of the Injury drama. A hospital would really leak that info to the press, the Team doctor allows Belichick to use this as first week Camoflage that he loves ;D

Missouribronc
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM
I hope he is OK. As for seeing the team doctor, well it is NE home of the Injury drama. A hospital would really leak that info to the press, the Team doctor allows Belichick to use this as first week Camoflage that he loves ;D

I bet Brady has a "sore neck" on every injury report this season.

Wait, that didn't sound good.

watermock
09-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Brady will be listed as questionable neck/shoulder/groin for the rest of the season.

Dedhed
09-09-2010, 06:57 AM
It sounds like he's going to be fine, but that's a good point about Belichik. He probably met the ambulance at the accident site and stole Brady in order to get him "underground" ASAP.

Baba Booey
09-09-2010, 06:58 AM
I draft Brady last night in my auction draft at 10 PM.

Eight hours later he gets in a car accident.

You can't make this **** up.

Dedhed
09-09-2010, 07:00 AM
I draft Brady last night in my auction draft at 10 PM.

Eight hours later he gets in a car accident.

You can't make this **** up.

I have Moss.

oubronco
09-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I bet he could see that mega million dollar contract flash right before his eyes

worm
09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
I wonder how many people read that headline...and their first thought was, what the fantasy implications were.

Dedhed
09-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I wonder how many people read that headline...and their first thought was, what the fantasy implications were.

While not my first thought, it did come to mind that I might want to sit Moss.

Man-Goblin
09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Any chance this car accident results in months of IHOP waitresses coming forward as his mistresses?

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
People get in car accidents everyday.

BioCore
09-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Seriously?

gyldenlove
09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say he will appear on the injury report as probable with a shoulder injury

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Let's not pretend this was an average fender bender involving two joe schmoes. This is Tom Brady. The other driver was unconscious at the scene and required the jaws of life to get him out.

It's like 9/11 around here. They're interrupting all the morning shows with updates.

Like it or not, this is news.

Kaylore
09-09-2010, 08:01 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0909/nfl_a_tbrady_sy_200.jpg

Sounds like he'll be ok.

What's with his brecht girl hair, anyway?

gunns
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM

No kidding! In one of my leagues the guy I play this week has Brady. Ok, so I was hoping for something minor, like a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Tombstone RJ
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Brady will be listed as questionable neck/shoulder/groin for the rest of the season.

another lucid post by mock... it's so rare these days I have to point it out when it happens...

Man-Goblin
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Damnit. I just realized I have Brady on my fantasy team. If he's okay, NE is still going to use this as an advantage to create uncertainty about his playing status. I might was well start Farve tonight over him.

McDman
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Sadly that was my first thought.

Conklin
09-09-2010, 10:16 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg521/scaled.php?tn=0&server=521&filename=xw7.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg163/scaled.php?tn=0&server=163&filename=6xu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

baja
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I bet he could see that mega million dollar contract flash right before his eyes

insensitive but funny

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Talk about shady. Registering his car in NJ presumably to avoid Mass excise tax. I wonder how long it'll take the media to ask him about that one.....and how long it takes him to come up with a true answer.

Quoydogs
09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Is it bad that I could careless how Brady is on a personal note but very worried on how he will affect my fantasy team. Hmmm I think I may be a bad person.

crowebomber
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg521/scaled.php?tn=0&server=521&filename=xw7.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg163/scaled.php?tn=0&server=163&filename=6xu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Pony Boy
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
He will go home and rub some "Gisele" on it and it will be ok.....

broncofan2438
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
It doesnt even look that bad. And it sure as hell doesnt look like a red Audi

Rigs11
09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Needed a reason to start orton over Brady in fantasy league. Looks like this is it.

Conklin
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
It doesnt even look that bad. And it sure as hell doesnt look like a red Audi

red van and a black audi...and the jaws of life were used on the van

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Sadly that was my first thought.

Me too ... funny, but I don't know that I've ever heard the name Brian Hoyer until now.

May Big Guy have mercy on me.

Gort
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM

actually, his doctor probably told him to take it easy. that means... no sex with supermodels, no wiping his ass with $100 bills, and no saving puppies stuck in tall trees for at least 3 or 4 days.

Garcia Bronco
09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Let's not pretend this was an average fender bender involving two joe schmoes. This is Tom Brady. The other driver was unconscious at the scene and required the jaws of life to get him out.

It's like 9/11 around here. They're interrupting all the morning shows with updates.

Like it or not, this is news.

I don't agree that it's news. Frankly outside of the guy that was actually injured. I don't care care.

baja
09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't agree that it's news. Frankly outside of the guy that was actually injured. I don't care care.

You don't care so it's not news worthy - revealing.

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2010, 11:26 AM

It is the very definition of news:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/news

Steve Sewell
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0909/nfl_a_tbrady_sy_200.jpg

Sounds like he'll be ok.

What's with his brecht girl hair, anyway?

He looks really dumb with that hair-do. For chrissakes man you are in your thirties!

Also, New Jersey plates LOLOLOLOLOL

Pony Boy
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
A man in the back of the minivan got stuck and had to be removed with the Jaws of Life, then was transported to an area hospital. Tom Brady walked away...... sounds like a good commerical for an Audi A8.

broncocalijohn
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM

Brady saw a team doctor.

You think Foneco was in the red van trying to score points to get back on the Jets?

broncocalijohn
09-09-2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/report_brady_in.html

WEEI radio is reporting that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved in a two-car accident on the corner of Gloucester and Commonwealth in Boston this morning.
According to the report, it was "more than a minor fender-bender." It involved a black Audi and a red minivan, and one car required emergency personnel to use a device to extricate the driver.
We'll have more on the story as details emerge.

Sorry, but I like my threads TSI GUY style. You could have just put this for the post and heading....

OH MY GOD!

Hope Tom is ok.

Quoydogs
09-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry, but I like my threads TSI GUY style. You could have just put this for the post and heading....

OH MY GOD!

Hope Tom is ok.

I know right, he is in two of my FF leagues.:drown: It was bad enough when they said moss was going to start throwing his tissy fits but know this. Never drafting NE players again. Besides I just feel smiley doing it anyways.

azbroncfan
09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Sounds like to me he brushed the broken glass off of him, made a couple calls and someone picked him up and he went to practice.

Missouribronc
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Tebow would have pried the other person from their car, healed them, and fixed both vehicles before emergency personnel had reached the scene.

Archer81
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Tebow would have pried the other person from their car, healed them, and fixed both vehicles before emergency personnel had reached the scene.

Tebow would have avoided the accident completely because he travels by thought. Much like aspirating in Harry Potter; he thinks of a place and suddenly he is there.

Amen.

:Broncos:

Archer81
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Talk about shady. Registering his car in NJ presumably to avoid Mass excise tax. I wonder how long it'll take the media to ask him about that one.....and how long it takes him to come up with a true answer.

Same reason John Kerry parks his yacht in Rhode Island. To avoid the taxes.

Kaylore
09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Is it bad that I could careless how Brady is on a personal note but very worried on how he will affect my fantasy team. Hmmm I think I may be a bad person.

No it's not bad. Because if you could care less, that means you actually care and therefore could care less than you do right now. Now if you couldn't care less, then that means you're a jerk. :-*

Quoydogs
09-09-2010, 02:16 PM
No it's not bad. Because if you could care less, that means you actually care and therefore could care less than you do right now. Now if you couldn't care less, then that means you're a jerk. :-*

Thanks for the corrections

Signed
The Jerk^5

mkporter
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM

If I were one of these people, I would stop driving. Getting in a accident every day has to get old pretty quick.

:yayaya:

Dagmar
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
If I were one of these people, I would stop driving. Getting in a accident every day has to get old pretty quick.

:notworthy

OrangenBlueOhio
09-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Yeah, that'd work.

:holyguac!

Archer81
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
He looks really dumb with that hair-do. For chrissakes man you are in your thirties!

Also, New Jersey plates LOLOLOLOLOL

The longer Brady grows his hair, the worse his luck gets...sampson in reverse.

randomtask
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/obKLdou0LH0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/obKLdou0LH0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
the tebow jokes are starting to sound like the chuck norris jokes so who would win in a fight norris or tebow one is holy the other is well chuck norris .theres god jesus and then chuck norris then elway then tim tebow

baja
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
the tebow jokes are starting to sound like the chuck norris jokes so who would win in a fight norris or tebow one is holy the other is well chuck norris .theres god jesus and then chuck norris then elway then tim tebow

Norris would suddenly find himself in alternate reality.

oubronco
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
It would not hurt my feelings if on the first play of the game he gets taken out for the year and why not throw Favre in there too

Hamrob
09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I have Brady and Welker in one league and Moss in another. Glad to hear he's going to be o.k. I hope the other dude's o.k. as well.

theedge111
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
A man in the back of the minivan got stuck and had to be removed with the Jaws of Life, then was transported to an area hospital. Tom Brady walked away...... sounds like a good commerical for an Audi A8.

It's a S8 ;)