PDA

View Full Version : They already love Alphonso Smith in Detroit

Pages : 1 [2]

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Smith simply wasn't smart or tough enough for this team.

I mean when you have a smart, tough football veteran like Nate Jones, how can you NOT cut a 2nd year CB who you traded a first to move up and grab?

That's just the smart and tough thing to do.

Hilarious! Good one

Karenin
11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
They're sure going to love him now, he just got absolutely smoked by Braylon Edwards.

montrose
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Follows getting by burned with a pick, making plays - his 5 picks match the Broncos TEAM total.

Karenin
11-07-2010, 01:22 PM
You forgot to mention how he stupidly ran his gift wrapped interception out of the endzone, leading to his team being trapped on the 1 yard line and having to punt, resulting in the Jets getting better field position than they had before they int.

montrose
11-07-2010, 01:33 PM
You forgot to mention how he stupidly ran his gift wrapped interception out of the endzone, leading to his team being trapped on the 1 yard line and having to punt, resulting in the Jets getting better field position than they had before they int.

lol, didn't see the play. But hey - playmakers want to make plays, instead of dropping picks like Cox or getting burned like Goodman and Champ

UberBroncoMan
11-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't know... I think maybe Norv Turner and the SD GM may have the edge with all their vast NFL experience compared to McD and X. Give McD and X a few more years and then make a comparison.

They actually make the playoffs though, even though they start every year with a **** record.

Cito Pelon
11-08-2010, 12:11 AM
lol, didn't see the play. But hey - playmakers want to make plays, instead of dropping picks like Cox or getting burned like Goodman and Champ

Keep your chin up, 'trose. I heard you on the radio today ranting, going on and on about how Josh was given too much power. What HC does not have the power to choose his own players? They all do. An FO can't hamstring a coach by telling him what players he can and can't have.

I can see your argument a little bit, but I think it's been taken to an extreme in this town. I can agree that McXanders are young, brash, a little impatient.

bronco militia
08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Lions release Alphonso Smith

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Getty ImagesRumored to be on the trade market, the news for cornerback Alphonso Smith ultimately was worse.

The Lions have released the former second-round pick of the Broncos, per a league source.

Smith, drafted by Denver in 2009 and traded to Detroit in 2010, shrugged off the trade talk earlier this year.

“Please forgive my frankness,” Smith said in June. “To be blunt with you, I really didn’t care. It didn’t happen. It still may happen. You never know.

“I don’t care about reports or rumors. Only thing I can focus on is I’m a Detroit Lion and I’m a Detroit Lion until I’m not.”

Now? Not.

He has yet to compile four years of service, so Smith must pass through waivers.

In other words, he’ll be a Colt soon.

LRtagger
08-31-2012, 02:26 PM
bring him in for a look

Lolad
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Worst trade EVER

Bacchus
08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Worst trade EVER

McD is back in NE laughing his ass off.

broncosteven
08-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Or trying to convince Belly to sign him.

TomServo
09-02-2012, 03:33 AM
no one remembers him getting benched in the middle of the thanksgiving game on nationwide TV last year?

KipCorrington25
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Why is he laughing he's a laughing stock because of it?

Broncos_OTM
09-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Why is he laughing he's a laughing stock because of it?

there was a conspiracy ne sent him to implode the broncos.

Jay3
09-02-2012, 06:40 PM
there was a conspiracy ne sent him to implode the broncos.

With a brief stop-off to ruin Sam Bradford.

lolcopter
09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
bring him in for a look

lol