PDA

View Full Version : colts waive tony ugoh

tsiguy96
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
per ESPN.

he hasnt been great, think he was an early 2nd rounder a few years ago, but i wouldnt be surprised to see 10 teams put a claim in on him.

espn_afcsouth

Just filed to ESPN.com: #Colts waive-injured offensive lineman Tony Ugoh. #NFL

Kaylore
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Manning is the reason their sacks are low every year.

PRBronco
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh **** just read on PFT that they're starting a UDFA rookie at left tackle.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
What a waste of a 2nd round pick! Who is responsible for this??!!!!??

Popcorn Sutton
09-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Polian is tearing that team apart!!

underrated29
09-08-2010, 03:32 PM
efff! And Jeff saturday is hurt for the first few weeks too.

I have manning in two of my leagues- One is here with you aholes too.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Saturday came back to practice today. Looks like he'll be alright.

underrated29
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Saturday came back to practice today. Looks like he'll be alright.

yay!

Hercules Rockefeller
09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
What a waste of a 2nd round pick! Who is responsible for this??!!!!??

They traded a 4th and a future 1st for the 2nd they used to draft him.

DenverBrit
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM

McPoopyPants would have wasted that 1st anyway. Right? ;D

extralife
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I want him. The dude has started for a good team and not embarrassed himself.

WolfpackGuy
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Mario Williams has to be licking his chops.

Kaylore
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM

The Colts clearly don't know how to draft. This is unforgivable. And any good draft picks taken after the fact don't excuse this stupid trade.

ZachKC
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Jeff Saturday is a great name.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Joe Friday agrees.

Hogan11
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Joe Friday agrees.

So doesn't Wednesday Adams

crush17
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Joe Friday agrees.

Yeah but what does Mike Sunday think about all of this?

Popps
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Caldwell is tearing that team apart.

extralife
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM
late to the party, popps

Requiem
09-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Ugoh was so and so, never that consistent and couldn't ever stay healthy. He is worth a claim, but it is guarantee there will be people who finished worse than us who do the same. He'll probably be a Lion or Raider before daybreak.

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
they traded a 4th and a future 1st for the 2nd they used to draft him.

smfh...

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
who wants to bet that most of the reports that come out won't mention the future 1st and 4th that was traded for Ugoh?

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I just checked PFT, Adam Schefter, and ESPN and none of them report of the 1st and 4th that were traded for him... just that he was a 2nd round pick.

Yet Alphonso Smith, that was actually traded for some value - everyone is bagging on the Broncos.

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16551/alphonso-smith-trade-is-embarrassing-for-denver

Alphonso Smith trade embarrasses Denver

Yet we get a whole article written up. (and more)

Go write an article about Ugoh fat mother ****er.

Carmelo15
09-08-2010, 05:21 PM
But they traded a 1st round pick to draft him! oh noes!!! :yayaya:

DenverBrit
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Winning fixes everything.

WolfpackGuy
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Ugoh was a solid pick coming out of college, and he played tackle for one of the better offenses in the league.

The Colts the last 10 years or so have picked in the mid to late 20's anyway, so it's not like they gave up a lot.

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Ugoh was a solid pick coming out of college, and he played tackle for one of the better offenses in the league.

The Colts the last 10 years or so have picked in the mid to late 20's anyway, so it's not like they gave up a lot.

You're a ****ing dumbass.

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 05:30 PM
They traded a future 1st and a 4th of that same year.

Mediator12
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Um, the WHOLE reason they gave up those picks is because Tarik Glenn decided to retire after winning the SB. Except he decided to retire 2 weeks before the draft. There was a reason INDY gambled so much on Him. It is not in Polians nature to mortgage the future on draft day.

Plus, he will not pass any physical to be claimed on Waivers. He flew to NY today to get another opinion on his foot injury.....

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Um, the WHOLE reason they gave up those picks is because Tarik Glenn decided to retire after winning the SB. Except he decided to retire 2 weeks before the draft. There was a reason INDY gambled so much on Him. It is not in Polians nature to mortgage the future on draft day.

Plus, he will not pass any physical to be claimed on Waivers. He flew to NY today to get another opinion on his foot injury.....

Nice, so we can spin everything for the Colts, but not the Broncos.

Who was our 3rd CB going into camp 2009? If we had not drafted Alphonso.

Broncos_OTM
09-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Seriously is the sky always falling with you.. the smartass **** you say gets old. come up with some new material

The MVPlaya
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Seriously is the sky always falling with you.. the smartass **** you say gets old. come up with some new material

Sky always falling? WTF I'm pretty ****in optimistic with the Broncos.

It's bull**** when you see other teams make the same mistakes as the Broncos, yet they're excused from it and when it comes to the Broncos, they're hammered for it.

Look on this very ****in forum page, and look how long that Smith thread has gotten on some bull**** about the Broncos FO.

go_broncos
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Sky always falling? WTF I'm pretty ****in optimistic with the Broncos.

It's bull**** when you see other teams make the same mistakes as the Broncos, yet they're excused from it and when it comes to the Broncos, they're hammered for it.

Look on this very ****in forum page, and look how long that Smith thread has gotten on some bull**** about the Broncos FO.

They have Peyton manning that can cover the mistakes done by their Front office.
Unfortunately, we don't have manning.
Shanny was fired as he was poor in drafting players.
Mcd is doing the same mistake.

broncosteven
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Joe Friday agrees.

Tuesday Weld, was and likely still is, HOT

TRAIDERHATER
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Screw all you undercover, Colt lovin', Peyton nut swingin bastids! GO BRONCS!!

broncosteven
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

I hope your joking, Med is not the type to spin or hype. Just honest takes from a dude on the inside.

Steve Sewell
09-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I just checked PFT, Adam Schefter, and ESPN and none of them report of the 1st and 4th that were traded for him... just that he was a 2nd round pick.

Yet Alphonso Smith, that was actually traded for some value - everyone is bagging on the Broncos.

Its probably because the Colts haven't sucked ass for the last 4-5 years, and will likely be the best team in the AFC this year.

Pony Boy
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Tuesday Weld, was and likely still is, HOT

Yep, she's 67 years old ROFL!

TonyR
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Cowboys and Colts have O-line problems that rival ours.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/the-key-to-texans-colts-may-be-jeff-linkenbach/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/colts-wave-goodbye-to-tony-ugoh/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/cowboys-offensive-line-remains-in-rough-shape/

Naggle Nole
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
They have Peyton manning that can cover the mistakes done by their Front office.

Can we focus on the AMOUNT of players that pan out and not on the round in which they were selected?

2009:
Moreno - Jury is out, but he has flashed talent and needs to stay healthy
Ayers - Worked his way into starting lineup and big things are expected this year
A. Smith - Gone, but parlayed into a pick and a player. Not even value, but not an outright cut
McBath - Flashed last season, needs to stay healthy. Heir apparent at S
Quinn - Solid #2, also an heir apparent behind Graham
Bruton - Elite ST guy with potential starting ability
Olsen - Bust
McKinley - Two season-ending injuries in two years. Outlook is not promising, especially with 3 new young WRs this year
Brandstater - Cut, but only because he was replaced by superior talent
Schlueter - Bust

2010:
Thomas - Flashed major talent in TC, has to recover from injuries. Sky is the limit with him and he should be starting by the end of the year
Tebow - Heir apparent at QB, probably going to be featured in certain packages this season
Beadles - Invaluable swing backup, future/current starter at G
Walton - Starting C from Day One
Decker - Flashed talent during preseason. Probably forced the coaching staff into finding room for him immediately and he is the heir apparent behind Gaffney
Cox - Above average ST player with the potential to be very good, as well as an heir apparent at CB
Olsen - Valuable swing G/C
Thompson - Above average ST player with the potential to be very good. We will have to see his CB potential, but early results are promising
Kirlew - Bust

So let's see. Out of 19 draft picks in two years we have:
4 current starters (Moreno, Ayers, Beadles, Walton)
1 guy who will probably be starting by the end of the season (Thomas)
5 guys who will be starters as soon as the talented veteran in front of them moves on (McBath, Quinn, Tebow, Cox, Decker)
2 guys who are immediate ST contributors (Bruton and Thompson, plus you have to count Cox here too)
1 valuable backup (E. Olsen)
1 unknown quantity (McKinley)
1 4th round bust (S. Olsen)
1 6th rounder who was cut and replaced by better talent (Brandstater)
2 7th round "busts" (Schlueter and Kirlew)
1 2nd round bust who became a pick and a player (A. Smith)

Please explain to me where this abysmal draft record is to be found, because I am not seeing it
You draft for starters, depth and ST
Instead of focusing on what round these guys came from, focus on if they fit one of these roles
I see 4 players who were cut with no real contribution, 1 who we don't know yet, and 1 who was traded for a player and a pick whose values are yet to be determined
That looks like 13 hits out of 19 picks
Are they hits of variable degrees? Sure, but if you told me that we would find roles on our team for 68% of our draft picks, I would gladly take that
Notice I am not even including UDFAs like Vaughn, who are valuable in their own right

tsiguy96
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Cowboys and Colts have O-line problems that rival ours.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/the-key-to-texans-colts-may-be-jeff-linkenbach/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/colts-wave-goodbye-to-tony-ugoh/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/cowboys-offensive-line-remains-in-rough-shape/

kinda, except we have huge potential in our guys, even if they are not proven. they have extremely limited potential/depth in their new starters.

TotallyScrewed
09-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Manning is the reason every year.

Fixed it.

Kidding aside...You're right.

HAT
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Orton will have a better TD/INT ratio than Manning this year.

CEH
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Its probably because the Colts haven't sucked ass for the last 4-5 years, and will likely be the best team in the AFC this year.

Actually they have 12+ wins the last seven years. Something tells me Polian gets a mulligan if you have that much success

Pretty damn impressive any way you spin it.

broncogary
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Probably not. That's the problem with him. He's not a real aggressive guy.

Mediator12
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Orton will have a better TD/INT ratio than Manning this year.

This is possible, but Orton will never be an MVP let alone a 4 time MVP of the league.

On the side, want to bet ;D

Xenos
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Ugoh didn't play last year either because he got benched in favor of Charlie Johnson. It doesn't matter who they put out there because Manning just gets rid of the ball so quickly. He would make the Steeler's oline look like all pros.

Mediator12
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM

First of all, I live in INDY if you had not noticed. Second, Polian is a four time league executive of the year, including last year. Third, Spin is perspective. If you do not like mine that's fine. You can ignore relevant information all you want.

And, that CB would have been.... Jack MF Williams. They let all the CB's they drafted with Darrent Williams go, or traded them.

Just to clarify, I am one of the few people who wanted McDaniels BEFORE he came to DEN. I still like him as a HC for DEN. I was one of the people who defended the drafting of Smith. And, I am one of the people who thinks they let him go too soon.

broncosteven
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Yep, she's 67 years old ROFL!

She was hot in her 50's. Didn't say I wouldn't say I would hose her. Classy hot broads stay classy and hot.

Hamrob
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
The Colts clearly don't know how to draft. This is unforgivable. And any good draft picks taken after the fact don't excuse this stupid trade.I agree. I could never understand all the douche-bags who flamed Shanahan for his draft misses etc. Hey, it's a crap shoot anyway. Right?

HAT
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
This is possible, but Orton will never be an MVP let alone a 4 time MVP of the league.

Which is why I didn't post that KO would be the MVP......

He will have a better TD/INT ratio than Manning this year though, and yes I will book that action if anybody wants it.

Manning better -135
KO better +110

FireFly
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Ugoh was so and so, never that consistent and couldn't ever stay healthy. He is worth a claim, but it is guarantee there will be people who finished worse than us who do the same. He'll probably be a Lion or Raider before daybreak.

I agree with this.

I think we could really use the depth, he'd be worth a shot - more so than most waived players imo.

I don't think we get a chance at him though.

broncocalijohn
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah but what does Mike Sunday think about all of this?

Tuesday Weld says," Eh, big deal!"

watermock
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM
He has a bad foot.

What's Fonzie's or Quinnx2 fault?

He needs to fix it and come back when he can play.

Jesus, we got 2 WR's with foot problems and plenty of injuries all around. Clady for 1.

Is this some some sort of excuse for healthy but crappy picks?

footstepsfrom#27
09-09-2010, 12:47 AM
I recall this guy being very ahtletic...I'd take a flyer on him if he's available. What can it hurt?

Mediator12
09-09-2010, 05:05 AM
I recall this guy being very ahtletic...I'd take a flyer on him if he's available. What can it hurt?

He is very athletic, but he is a zone blocker and not very tough at the POA. Plus, he has been injured for 2 years....

Rock Chalk
09-09-2010, 05:12 AM

That has to be sarcasm.

Elway wasn't even a 4 time MVP and IIRC never was a league MVP twice.

I mean, saying Orton might have a better TD/INT ratio in one year compared to Manning who is already in the top 5 greatest QBs of all time (IMO) is a far cry from comparing Orton to Manning over their careers.

Mediator12
09-09-2010, 05:44 AM
That has to be sarcasm.

Elway wasn't even a 4 time MVP and IIRC never was a league MVP twice.

I mean, saying Orton might have a better TD/INT ratio in one year compared to Manning who is already in the top 5 greatest QBs of all time (IMO) is a far cry from comparing Orton to Manning over their careers.

It's not Sarcasm.

Manning takes risks that most of the time wins you Ballgames and sometimes loses you Superbowls. Orton was extremely risk averse last year in a new system under McDaniels. Now, he should be taking more risks to be more successful with this offense, especially as he has zero running game to play with right now and a hurt OL, just like Manning does right now.

Making an off the cuff comment about TD/INT ratio is just saying you expect Orton to be more careful and lead another 8-8 team and out of the playoffs for the fourth consecutive year, versus having a QB who might win you a SB IMHO. Plus, I think Manning threw a lot more INT's last year forcing to Reggie Wayne because he still did not trust his young WR's Collie and Garcon. That will NOT be the case this year....

DeuceOfClub
09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Peyton Manning is a 'system QB'

Mediator12
09-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Peyton Manning is a 'system QB'

Yep, he is the "system" :notworthy

Chris
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM

Not as good as MS. MONDAY

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-mW1aDbTdHA/SMzmP7E1jjI/AAAAAAAAAiY/vFgEvyoyfMw/s400/mathnet.jpg