PDA

View Full Version : Game Week Thoughts

Inkana7
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
We're less than a week away from the first game of the season, and I'm excited. I've spent today both looking at our preseason games (torrents are an Ohio Broncos Fan's best friend) and last season's highlights.

I know that spirits are down around here, and around Broncos Nation, due to some roster turnover and (mostly) injury. But I think we'll be okay against the Jags, and have a real shot at beating them. Here are some random collected thoughts on what I feel about the opening game.

-Stanley Daniels is a gem of a find. I watched the 1st team O-Line with a focus on Daniels against the Steelers, and he is just a big, powerful, mobile dude. Many have noted his strong ability when pulling, but he's more than that. He did very well in pass protection, a few times picking up key blitzers, allowing Kyle time to find his man. He's very stout and physical, and I think he'll be a great replacement over Ben Hamilton, who although technically great, lacked the size to get it done (much to the chagrin of Moreno's ypc).

-Jason Hunter is going to be a surprise for us, and perform well. His rise to a starting spot is not due to Jarvis Moss ****ing up, but is determinant of him being a good pass rusher. He has natural ability as a rusher, and he brought it against Pittsburgh. Admittedly, they dont have a very good O-Line, but it was Hunter's pressure that helped on Goodman's INT return, and he (along with Mays) were wrecking all sorts of **** against their 2nd string. He looks damn good.

-Special teams will not be a disaster like last year. Due to poor depth last year, we had a lot of awful special teams plays, and who can forget that abortion of a punter that was Mitch Berger? Colquitt seems to have finally locked up the job and has done a very good job all preseason, and Prater is a Pro Bowl caliber Kicker. Our coverage seems much improved over least season, with Bruton looking awesome as a gunner and guys like Vaughn, Thompson and (yes) Jarvis Moss also doing a good job at getting down field.

-This defense is going to be nasty and surprise people. The additions of Bannan and Jamal Williams are really going to improve a unit that showed signs of being a very good unit last year, until they wore out. We'll be more stout against the run, especially if Dawkins is playing and healthy. DJ Williams and Mario Haggan will be solid in the middle. I think we forget that Haggan was tied for 2nd in FFs last year and was tied for the team lead in TFL as well. On the back end we have huge talent at DB, but theyre useless unless we can provide a pass rush, which I'm cautiously optimistic about. When Wink blitzed (as against PIT), we seemed to get decent pressure. Ayers seems improved, as does Moss, and I think this Hunter kid can provide pressure as well. I think the D will be very good early, but I don't know if they have the talent to last. I hope that the addition of Jamal and Bannan will allow our run D to continue to be potent all season. But it remains to be seen.

-I hope Knowshon comes back. On the runs that he had good blocking, the kid produced. Some of his runs against NYG, NE and KC were just beautiful. I don't know why the kid gets so much **** on this board from people. Because of his ypc? It's hard to produce huge runs when any run up the middle turned into him running into one of the two 280 pound linemen who got pushed in the backfield. He's tough, he's elusive, he's got good hands and quickness. One other thing I noticed RE: Moreno and Buckhalter, was the Knowshon's plays were mostly inside power runs, while Buckhalter got a lot of what looked like Zone plays called for him. That tends to lower ypc. If healthy and behind our newer, bigger O-Line, Moreno should be a potent weapon this season. Stop giving the kid ****. He's good.

-I <3 <3 <3 the new Kyle Orton. I don't know what exact combination of things happened to him this offseason, but Kyle looks so good. His movement in the pocket is fantastic, and he's making throws I never saw from him last year. His deep out to Royal between two tight defenders against Pittsburgh was absolutely beautiful. He seems to have added zip in his passes. He's finally healthy, and very confident in his ability to thrive in this offense. With our RBs banged up, Kyle will be key on Sunday.

Overall I'm so incredibly excited for this Sunday's game. It's the beginning of Year Two of the New Broncos, and I cannot wait. I really love the kind of team that Josh is building here. We're so much bigger and more powerful than when he first took over, and the team really plays well together. If it wasn't for injuries I'd love our playoff chances, but as it is, we need to rely on some new faces to step up big time. But I'm confident.

Go Broncos!

Inkana7
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh, and some musings on receivers. I don't think we're going to be whining about losing Marshall this season. Gaffney is as solid as they come and we have some real talented guys in Royal, Lloyd and Decker, and huge talent in the form of Thomas. Here's an interesting stat: Last season, Gaffney had more 20+ yard catches than Brandon did, despite being targeted 66 less times.

Kaylore
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
You're more optimistic than I. If this was week four and we were healthier and it wasn't in Florida in early September I would believe we win. Their QB's are not great and their secondary sucks. However, our team is banged up bad and we're traveling east (west to east = losing most of the time). Also, it's supposed to be Sunny and 93 degrees outside. Our team won't be used to the heat and humidity. The Jags always play us tough, too. I expect a repeat of opening day against the Dolphins from '05. We'll be neck and neck until slowly our DB's leave the game with cramps and are getting IV's by the third quarter when the Jags pull away after we go for it several times on fourth down and fail to convert.

Jagwads win: 33-20

Inkana7
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
You're more optimistic than I. If this was week four and we were healthier and it wasn't in Florida in early September I would believe we win. Their QB's are not great and their secondary sucks. However, our team is banged up bad and we're traveling east (west to east = losing most of the time). Also, it's supposed to be Sunny and 93 degrees outside. Our team won't be used to the heat and humidity. The Jags always play us tough, too. I expect a repeat of opening day against the Dolphins from '05. We'll be neck and neck until slowly our DB's leave the game with cramps and are getting IV's by the third quarter when the Jags pull away after we go for it several times on fourth down and fail to convert.

I wrote this with a neutral field in mind. I did not take the Florida climate or west to east travel into account. I was merely talking from a wholly talent standpoint. We look solid. The climate and travel and injuries are a big factor, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dolphins-esque debacle either. But I don't think we will. Then again, I'm a pure optimist.

LonghornBronco
09-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I feel better already.

Naggle Nole
09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
20 points from our O is pretty realistic, as we will be seeing patchwork from both the RB and O-Line. I don't think it will surprise anyone to see at least one screen pass every offensive possession, or at least until their D plays us honest
I have a hard time seeing the Jags put 33 on us tho
MJD is bound to be rusty, and their O-Line is much like our own: young, a little injured and mostly unproven
A few people have been touting Mike Thomas in their slot, but I still will have to see their WRs be successful against us to believe it
Mercedes Lewis is going to be a problem though
I think he is the X-factor for the Jags in this game

TheReverend
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
My posts on it from another thread:

"If Clady and Harris and Knowshon were 100%, I'd be all on board, but Clady's rusty, Harris will be out, we haven't seen Knowshon really play since 2009, Baybay missed a massive chunk of training camp, etc.

It's a game of match ups and the Jaguars have a sharp DL this year, and the schedule lines up to where we have to play them where it'll be 2 rookies first action on the OL, a rusty Clady, and Daniels at LG...

I think it's unfortunate timing and health for us so it's going to be two teams pushing each other around defensively. Unfortunately Wink is still an unknown quantity as well, so it's hard to gauge outside of a terrific job calling the D against Pitt.

I think we pull it out, but that's probably me just being a fan as I don't think there's not much intellectual basis to put behind it. More of a coin flip since we have so many questions at different spots this year.

Vegas has us 2.5 pt underdogs, but 3 pts are usually givin to the road team, so they see us as a wash also.

It's the timing that scares me. We happen to be injury and inexperience laden along the OL just in time to play a very good DL.

What gives me confidence: We can slow the rush with the screen... and lord knows we love to ****ing screen pass. We have DG back just in time to give Beadles some training wheels and slide protection to the inside. And we'll out coach Del Rio all day."

Hercules Rockefeller
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
-This defense is going to be nasty and surprise people. The additions of Bannan and Jamal Williams are really going to improve a unit that showed signs of being a very good unit last year, until they wore out. We'll be more stout against the run, especially if Dawkins is playing and healthy. DJ Williams and Mario Haggan will be solid in the middle. I think we forget that Haggan was tied for 2nd in FFs last year and was tied for the team lead in TFL as well. On the back end we have huge talent at DB, but theyre useless unless we can provide a pass rush, which I'm cautiously optimistic about. When Wink blitzed (as against PIT), we seemed to get decent pressure. Ayers seems improved, as does Moss, and I think this Hunter kid can provide pressure as well. I think the D will be very good early, but I don't know if they have the talent to last. I hope that the addition of Jamal and Bannan will allow our run D to continue to be potent all season. But it remains to be seen.

With Dumervil- nasty and very, very good
Without Dumervil- decent, not terrible unless they can get consistent pressure from other guys without having to completely sell out.

underrated29
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I still think cox takes the opening kickoff back for a td....Assuming we get the opening kickoff and cox gets it not royal.

Harvitz81
09-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I have visions of the game against miami a couple years ago. Heat and humidity are going to be a killer and unfortunately I think the jagwads take it on that.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Are we sure Colquitt has the job locked up? Are they not bringing in competition for him? I thought I'd read that.

Los Broncos
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Are we sure Colquitt has the job locked up? Are they not bringing in competition for him? I thought I'd read that.

If they bring someone in.

Chris
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Finally some optimism. While I'm concerned the DL isn't as great as we think it is, I am as always optimistic about our chances this weekend. Contain contain contain.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I think the Broncos win this game...

tsiguy96
09-07-2010, 05:25 PM
If they bring someone in.

last i heard is he had the job locked up.

have you heard any inside info about competition being brought in?

gyldenlove
09-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Points that are for us:

MJD just started practice and will not be 100% for the game by a long shot, and he is the biggest part of their offense.

Their defensive front is nowhere near as strong as it used to be with Stroud and Henderson causing all kinds of havoc.

Their secondary is not very good, and especially at the safety position they are really underpowered.

Their passing offense consists of Garrard, a guy who has yet to crack 50 career receptions and Sims-Walker who started really strong last year but faded to a walk before midway.

Orton is sharper than he has ever been and may be the best Broncos QB since Elway right now, I know it sounds a little stupid, but it could be the truth.

Our defense is better than it was last year and early on last year it was pretty stellar.

Matchups:

Our pass defense is much better than the Jaguars passing offense, we should be able to limit them through the air and potentially even get a takeaway or two.

Their run offense will be better than our run defense, although not by much, last year they ran really well off the sides of their offense, leading the league in both running on the right and the left, this is a lot due to MJD being so shifty, but he will be a bit rusty so hopefully we can contain him a bit more and force them to run down the middle.

Our pass offense will urinate all over their pass defense, their pass rush is pretty negligible and their secondary is not very deep.

Our rush offense on the other hand may have a tougher time, our run blocking is not too great over all and with Knighton, Ellison and Alualu they have some beef up front.

meangene
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I think we come out and fling the ball all over the field offensively. Partly out of necessity and partly because their secondary sucks. If we can get up early, they are not a good passing or come-from-behind team. I do think the heat and humidity will take a toll on us and we will wear down some as the game goes on. I see us getting up early and hanging on 24-17.

oubronco
09-07-2010, 07:59 PM

That's the spirit

KevinJames
09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Great post I think we are really gonna surprise a lot of people.

Jaguars are nothing to be afraid of, only thing to fear is MJD but hes not even 100% and will be a good first test for our defense who wants to stop the run first, their QB sucks, their line sucks their defense pretty much sucks they could barely even rack up double digit sacks I think they finished with 15 last year for their whole team? Honestly their WR core outside of mike sims-walker they have no one we should worry about besides maybe their TE.

I know Florida home openers are scary, but they could also be flukes we have won opening week games than we have lost and I believe our team has bought in to Josh and really want to win for him.

We will be 1-0 after this week and than we get to face another weak team like Seattle who will hopefully start Polumbus.

oubronco
09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Broncos 34
Jaquars 17

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Broncos 34
Jaquars 17

me likey

Rabb
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Broncos 34
Jaquars 17

go Broncos!

^5

Jesus
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
In 2008 Shanahan allowed the Broncos to be out coached by JDRs'
20th ranked offense being allowed to rack up over 400 yards
24th ranked scoring offense being allowed to score 24 points
24th scoring defense to hold the Broncos offense to just 17 points
24th ranked passing defense to hold Cutler under 200 yards and an INT

2007 Jaguars completely dominated the game as a result of
Jack Del Rio out coaching Shanahan-again with a nearly two-to-one time of possession.

The Broncos may have had a rough time with the Jags in the past, but this is not Shanahans Broncos anymore.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bPNgvz9bl8i7/610x.jpg

Broncos in just two seasons are a revamped football team.

Only 6 starters remain in their respective positions on the Broncos offense and only 2 on the Broncos defense.

RT Ryan Harris
LT Ryan Clady
G Chris Kuper
WR Eddie Royal
TE Daniel Graham
FB Spencer Larsen

LB D.J. Williams
CB Champ Bailey

Over half of the Broncos starters are new to the team. This is indeed McDaniels team, McDaniels knows how to handily beat the Jaguars.

Jaguars starting DE's have a combined 5.5 sacks between them. Former MLB Raiders Kirk Morrison (2 sacks) joins OLB's Justin Durant (1 sack) and Daryl Smith(1.5 sacks).

DE Derrick Harvey 2.0 sacks

DT Terrance Knighton 1.5

DT Atiyyah Ellison 1 sack

DE Aaron Kampman 3.5 sacks

Jaguars have only won a dozen games the past 2 seasons

Broncos managed to not only steal the Jacksonville Jaguars hometown quarterback phenom, but they also managed to snag 6 other potential starters from the 2010 draft.

Thomas, Demaryius WR
Tebow, Tim QB
Beadles, Zane OT
Walton, J.D. C
Decker, Eric WR
Cox, Perrish CB
Thompson, Syd'quan CB

Free Agency was also a hit this year.

Stanley Daniels 6-foot-4 320
Jamal Williams 6-foot-3 348
Justin Bannan 6-foot-3 310
Kevin Vickerson 6-foot-5 305
Chris Clark 6-foot-5 315

That is 3/4 ton slab of beef thrown on to the beast that McDaniels aims to reign in his own dynasty having had first hand knowledge of what it takes to build a dynasty.

McDaniels undefeated 6-0 start was short lived after having lost the best tackle tandem in the league against the Ravens in Week 8.

The accomplishment of the streak was simply remarkable when you consider not only where the Broncos in transition to a rookie head coaches new system, but it did not help matters any either to have a locker room divided by primadona players that had to go.

In a league where the passing offense is king, the Broncos are head and shoulders above the Jaguars from coaching standpoint.

You can have the tenth best rushing offense in the league, but when your passing offense and secondary are at the bottom half of the league then your team is clearly going in the wrong direction.

Jaguars passing offense and passing defense last season ranked 23rd combined.

Broncos passing offense and passing defense last season ranked 8th combined.

These two factors alone speak volumes as to the night and day difference in directions these two teams are headed in.

In half of the games the Jaguars played last season they averaged only 10 points per game. This while allowing their opponents in those games to score twice as many points on average.

This is night and day from the rookie coach who actually outscored his opponent when the season was all said and done.

Speaking of different directions, one can't help but wonder what direction Mike actually wanted to take the team in. With the luxury of hindsight, does right seem to be an appropriate description for the direction he had the Broncos headed in?

"I wasn't mad. I was disappointed, because I thought we had the thing going the right direction. I thought the building blocks were there. Defensively, we needed some things, but we had pieces in place and I believed we could bring the defense up to where the offense was."

DivineLegion
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Wasn't the game time temperature for the Miami game over 100?

Missouribronc
09-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I will be gambling my money based on jagsbitch's clearly objective thoughts.

I am going to be so rich.

Darkdoc
09-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Orton has to scramble three times to avoid an intense Jaguar rush, gets heat cramps because the temp on the field is 105 degrees.

Tebow comes in to massive cheering from Jacksonville stands. Several women in the stands immediately shed their clothing , revealing the number 15 tattooed on each surgically-enhanced breast. Jaguar players are either (1) Cheering themselves (it's never clear if it was Tebow or for the disrobed women), (2) Completely emotionally deflated, or (3) Offer to lay down on the grass to allow Tebow to score on a slow trot into the endzone.

McDaniel claims that he had graphed this play for the team week before, though there was never an opportunity to actually practice it.

The resulting Bronco victory is shown over 300 times on ESPN and NFL Network highlights, and becomes part of NFL lore. Criticism of McD for drafting Tebow pretty much disappears.

McD is stumped about what to plan for next week.

Broncos start the season 1-0.

SoCalBronco
09-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Some thoughts...

Generally speaking, I am not impressed with the talent level on the Jaguars roster as a whole. There are certain postions which are absolutely atrocious.

BRONCOS DEFENSE VS. JAGUARS OFFENSE

Two obvious things stand out, here. Denver has a far superior secondary as compared with Jacksonville's WR corps. Mike Sims-Walker...Jarrett Dillard....journeyman Kassim Osgood? What is this, comedy night? Because Bailey, Goodman and Cox would match up quite well against the Jacksonville recievers, I am expecting a heavy dose of man-underneath coverage from Denver. I don't see the need to keep 2 safeties high against these recievers, either, so 2 deep with man underneath need not be relied on. I think Denver should play alot of man-free with 2 blitzers. That way you can cover everyone of the 5 eligible recievers in man, have a deep middle free safety, and two blitzers so that you can bring 5. If they are having trouble with Marcedes Lewis, they can have Hill be the deep middle player and have Dawkins play him in man-to-man. Jacksonville will probably counter the man coverage with some crossing routes to pick off the defenders, but we could always change it up to Man-Free with a robber underneath (one of the LB's) to disrupt the crossers. They can also align the other safety in the box to help against Jones-Drew, as well. I really think Man-Free with 2 blitzers or Man-Free with 1 blitzer and 1 robber will be among the staples that Martindale will use against this team. They really have to prove these scrubs can get open against our CB's before over coverages are used.

In the front, I could see them kicking one of the ends inside (over the guard instead of over the tackle) and shifting an ILB over the tackle. This would help against the inside run by making it difficult to double team Jamal Williams because one of the two guards are already covered up and the ILB opposite the covered guard could be one of the two blitzers (keeping the other OG in check).

BRONCOS OFFFENSE VS. JAGUARS DEFENSE

I don't think their set of backers are too bad, but Derrick Harvey and Aluali are very young and experienced on the DL. I'd probably focus on them. Do some misdirection: some counters, some reverses, to see if they can play disciplined. I don't think they are too deep at CB. They've got one name player in Mathis, but the rest aren't standouts. We are deepest at WR on offense, so I'd like to see McDaniels utilize 3 and 4 WR formations alot and get a good matchup with someone like Royal on a kid like David Jones. With Moreno kind of hurting, I would expect a good deal of passing, especially 3 and 5 step drops rather than 7 step drops due to the precarious nature of our OL. I would also expect alot of screens as I would anticipate Jacksonville's DL playing aggressively vs. the pass with our OL in shambles.

HAT
09-07-2010, 10:57 PM
20th ranked offense being allowed to rack up over 400 yards
24th ranked scoring offense being allowed to score 24 points
24th scoring defense to hold the Broncos offense to just 17 points
24th ranked passing defense to hold Cutler under 200 yards and an INT

2007 Jaguars completely dominated the game as a result of
Jack Del Rio out coaching Shanahan-again with a nearly two-to-one time of possession.

The Broncos may have had a rough time with the Jags in the past, but this is not Shanahans Broncos anymore.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bPNgvz9bl8i7/610x.jpg

Broncos in just two seasons are a revamped football team.

Only 6 starters remain in their respective positions on the Broncos offense and only 2 on the Broncos defense.

RT Ryan Harris
LT Ryan Clady
G Chris Kuper
WR Eddie Royal
TE Daniel Graham
FB Spencer Larsen

LB D.J. Williams
CB Champ Bailey

Over half of the Broncos starters are new to the team. This is indeed McDaniels team, McDaniels knows how to handily beat the Jaguars.

Jaguars starting DE's have a combined 5.5 sacks between them. Former MLB Raiders Kirk Morrison (2 sacks) joins OLB's Justin Durant (1 sack) and Daryl Smith(1.5 sacks).

DE Derrick Harvey 2.0 sacks

DT Terrance Knighton 1.5

DT Atiyyah Ellison 1 sack

DE Aaron Kampman 3.5 sacks

Jaguars have only won a dozen games the past 2 seasons

Broncos managed to not only steal the Jacksonville Jaguars hometown quarterback phenom, but they also managed to snag 6 other potential starters from the 2010 draft.

Thomas, Demaryius WR
Tebow, Tim QB
Beadles, Zane OT
Walton, J.D. C
Decker, Eric WR
Cox, Perrish CB
Thompson, Syd'quan CB

Free Agency was also a hit this year.

Stanley Daniels 6-foot-4 320
Jamal Williams 6-foot-3 348
Justin Bannan 6-foot-3 310
Kevin Vickerson 6-foot-5 305
Chris Clark 6-foot-5 315

That is 3/4 ton slab of beef thrown on to the beast that McDaniels aims to reign in his own dynasty having had first hand knowledge of what it takes to build a dynasty.

McDaniels undefeated 6-0 start was short lived after having lost the best tackle tandem in the league against the Ravens in Week 8.

The accomplishment of the streak was simply remarkable when you consider not only where the Broncos in transition to a rookie head coaches new system, but it did not help matters any either to have a locker room divided by primadona players that had to go.

In a league where the passing offense is king, the Broncos are head and shoulders above the Jaguars from coaching standpoint.

You can have the tenth best rushing offense in the league, but when your passing offense and secondary are at the bottom half of the league then your team is clearly going in the wrong direction.

Jaguars passing offense and passing defense last season ranked 23rd combined.

Broncos passing offense and passing defense last season ranked 8th combined.

These two factors alone speak volumes as to the night and day difference in directions these two teams are headed in.

In half of the games the Jaguars played last season they averaged only 10 points per game. This while allowing their opponents in those games to score twice as many points on average.

This is night and day from the rookie coach who actually outscored his opponent when the season was all said and done.

Speaking of different directions, one can't help but wonder what direction Mike actually wanted to take the team in. With the luxury of hindsight, does right seem to be an appropriate description for the direction he had the Broncos headed in?

"I wasn't mad. I was disappointed, because I thought we had the thing going the right direction. I thought the building blocks were there. Defensively, we needed some things, but we had pieces in place and I believed we could bring the defense up to where the offense was."

Post more.

TotallyScrewed
09-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Post more.

Think more...

Write less.

Steve Sewell
09-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Think more...

Write less.

http://www.extremeskins.com/

Here you go little buddy! Now move along.

Cito Pelon
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I have this one chalked up as a win, but tain't gonna be easy.

First, obviously stop the Jag's rush attack. They're not an explosive O, they want to run, and run, and run to get the play-action working so Garrard isn't throwing from the pocket.

Limiting the Jag rush attack leads to more straight dropbacks by Garrard, then keep him surrounded with a disciplined passrush, don't let him escape to improvise a play to Marcedes Lewis to move the chains.

Bronco O I think will pass successfully, but I have no idea how the rushing game will look.

I've been impressed with the ST play this preseason, I think it will be a plus in this game and for the Broncs all year long.

So it looks to me that Denver has enough advantages that they can win on the road in this one, although it's not gonna be easy. Obviously they have to play well, not turn the ball over, not give up long TD scoring drives.

Overall, I think Denver has the better matchups and should win by four to seven.

kane0730
09-08-2010, 09:34 AM
I will be gambling my money based on jagsb****'s clearly objective thoughts.

I am going to be so rich.

The easy $ wager on this game is the Broncos OVER (16). I think they score at LEAST 24.

PRBronco
09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm worried about Aaron Kampan's return to the 4-3. He was really, really good 2 years ago. Hopefully Graham's ready to go.

Rock Chalk
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Well, I think we are going to play the game and its going to come down to who scores the most points.

Jesus
09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
http://www.extremeskins.com/

Here you go little buddy! Now move along.

Less in this case is not more...

oubronco
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
We're gonna win this game hands down

Broncos 34
Jaquars 17

Go Broncos!!!!!

Bronco Boy
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm starting Neckbeard in my fantasy league this week that's for sure.

oubronco
09-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Good move

Mogulseeker
09-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I wrote this with a neutral field in mind. I did not take the Florida climate or west to east travel into account. I was merely talking from a wholly talent standpoint. We look solid. The climate and travel and injuries are a big factor, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dolphins-esque debacle either. But I don't think we will. Then again, I'm a pure optimist.

That was your 6,666th post.

Mogulseeker
09-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, I think we are going to play the game and its going to come down to who scores the most points.

You know, there is no "I" in the word team, and this is a team effort. The team needs to take it one game at a time, give 100 percent, and whoever scores more points will win the game.

broncosteven
09-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Can you stop posting on intErNets message boards and heal my freaking nerve damage already!

Jesus Christ!

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Post more.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/276/494/93308355_display_image.jpg?1277763704

Last season McDaniels mentored Kyle Orton to his career best season.

"The work that he's done with the quarterbacks that he's been around, the influence that he's made on them in their careers has been amazing," Tebow said. "I'm just blessed to play for him. I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL. I firmly believe that."

"I'm drawn to him, too, because he's so passionate. I think that's going to bring out a lot of things about me and my character and my excitement for football and excitement for life," Tebow added.

"We were both talking about how we can't sleep, we're so excited."

"I can't be more thankful for him deciding to take me," Tebow said "That will be one of my biggest goals is proving him right and making him proud."

This was Tebow's impression of McDaniels during their 15 minute meeting at the combine.

"I was jacked leaving that room. I didn't even want to visit another room. It was not enough time," Tebow said. "We were excited, we were enthusiastic. There was passion. It was just intense, and it was ball, and it was juice. The juice level in that room was high, and it was awesome."

"We left (the combine) saying, 'Boy, that's pretty unique, what he has and his passion for this game and for winning.' He's been a winner, and you could see why," McDaniels said.

http://orlandonest.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/florida-montage.jpg

McDaniels predraft trip to Florida

"When I went to Gainesville Monday to work him out," McDaniels said, "we spent about seven hours together. We went over a lot of things. Now, understand that our offense is pretty complicated, and the terminology and the scheme is totally different from what he did at Florida. But about midway through my time there, we're going through plays, and he starts using our terminology."

"He's so smart about football that he was able to begin to speak my language and talk apples to apples. He'd already translated what he knew of our scheme into my words. That's something that carried a lot of weight with me."

"The football traits he has is the stuff you die for."

"I love this game so much," McDaniels said. "I would die to have 53 guys here who love it as much as I do. I'm looking to find the right group of guys to accept our one singular goal — to win. I think Tim fits in with that. There are going to be doubts about him. Great doubts — and I understand that."

"Some people don't think he has the natural traits of a great quarterback. Here's what I think: Do Jim Furyk and Tiger Woods swing the club the same way, hit irons the same way? No. But they both win tournaments. There are different ways to throw, different mechanics, and you can still get the job done."

"(Sam) Bradford is totally different than Colt McCoy, who's totally different than Jimmy Clausen and all three of them are totally different than Tim Tebow," McDaniels said.

"To me, there's not a carbon copy that's being sold around the NFL and saying, 'OK, that's our guy,'" McDaniels said.

"I don't think we're looking to try to make anyone anybody else. Honestly, that's not what we're trying to do. We're just trying to get good football players that can help our team. If he rushes for two touchdowns on a Sunday at some point in his career, great, that's super."

"He will function from the pocket," McDaniels explained. "If he can do something out of the pocket, and he deserves to be on the field, that's the biggest thing, then maybe that would warrant us doing other things. But he's going to get trained the exact same way the other guys are going to get trained."

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:53 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/285/868/95632254_display_image.jpg?1278356960

In the wake of the tsunami rhetoric, McDaniels, is not phased with all of the demonizing antics from the critics who aim to dispel the phenomenal accomplishments and potential of his quarterbacks young and flourishing career.

McDaniels, quiet to the contrary of all his critics, is rather impressed not with seeing how his protege is progressing, but with how Tebow will allow McDaniels to make his complex scheme even more intensified and diverse, by taking it to the next level, rather than taking massive volumes out of it, due to an inability to execute it.

"He has certainly made some progress with what we are asking of him," said McDaniels.

"We are not asking him to change and be like everybody else. There’s a few things we work on with all the quarterbacks to try and get them to do a few things better and he is really working hard at trying to make that a part of his game."

"He’s made progress in a lot of areas, but again there’s a lot of things going on out there right now and he needs to learn from his mistakes and improve. There are a lot of areas that that needs to happen in. We will see how everything works out, but we are happy to have him on our football team and he is going to compete to try and contribute in some way. We will see how it all shakes out."

“Maybe for a player like that, you change your offense instead of trying to change him,” John Gruden said.

“He could be a game plan-type thing if that’s what we determine is best early in his career,” McDaniels said.

“He’s done a lot of things in his career, running the football and doing different things in terms of handling the football. He’s a guy that gives you the opportunity to create some packages like that and if you want to use that then you can get creative."

"There’s no mystery about the Wildcat becoming more in vogue and having a player who may be able to do both run and pass the ball gives you another option.”

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/276/484/97179707_display_image.jpg?1277763418

Two months after the fateful 15 minute meeting at the combine, McDaniels shocks the NFL world in the 2010 NFL Draft when swooped into the first round and stole Tebow with the 25th selection of the first round.

So many so-called experts including ESPN's draft Guru Mel Kiper never dreamed of seeing Tebow get jacked in the first round, let alone seeing a team give up so much to move up there and steal Tebow.

"I think Tebow has got to develop into a starting quarterback to be in the second round," Kiper said. "I don't think that he can be. Others do. We'll see. I think he can be a very successful H-back. I'll root for Tim Tebow to prove me wrong."

"I’d say third or fourth round worst-case scenario, second round as a best case."

"He's a quarterback," McDaniels explained. "He's a quarterback. That's all he's going to do."

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/799/71308872_display_image.jpg?1279325895

Tim Tebow was not taking the rhetoric from the critics lightly, so decided to have a little chat with Mr. Kiper

"I was asked to do something at Florida. I was asked to run a certain style of offense, I was asked to run a certain style of plays."

"And I ran those and I ran those to the best of my ability and we had some success with that. So now I am being asked to do something different."

"And I am going to do that with all my heart, and I am going try to be somewhat successful with that too."

"That's my goal, and that’s my dream and I'm going to give everything I can to accomplish it."

"You tell me this," Tebow said to Kiper on the radio "What do you think I need to do to be an NFL quarterback? You tell me that."

Kiper rather than giving him pointers cowered from the question and branched off topic to Tebow's running ability…

"You're just too good with the ball in your hands to not think, could he be Frank Wycheck? Could he be Chris Cooley? That's why," Kiper said. "You're too good, doing what you do, Tim, running with the football."

To which Tebow countered with…

"The quarterback has the ball in his hands every play."

The logic being if Tebow wants to run he has that option too...

How does an underclassman Heisman Trophy winner, which some considers the greatest college player ever; all of a sudden emerge as an NFL enigma?

One can't help but wonder how much of an impact Tebow being a Neocon champion played in the aftermath of the liberal mainstream media’s demonizing of Tebows character; considering just how unsubstantiated the rhetoric coming from them is in regards to reality itself?

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/88/l_c26d38ab69d44885bb37e9ae15a69592.jpg

Who are we they talking about exactly?

1. The player whose career passer rating broke the standing NCAA Division 1 record for a 4 yrs passer rating 06-09?
2. The player who broke Herschel Walkers SEC TD record, while playing Georgia?
3. The player who finished a game with a broken leg in high school?
4. The Player with the longest touchdown pass in any BCS bowl game?
5. The Player who became the first SEC player to reach 12,000 yards of total offense?
6. The player who has scored more points than any non-kicker in SEC history?
7. The player who was named the SEC offensive player of the year last season?
8. The Player who became the first to rush and pass for 20 TD's in an NCAA season?
9. The player who won the Heisman the first season he started at Quarterback?
10 The player who is a two-time national champion?
11. The Player who recorded the most TD's in a season for any position in SEC history?
12. The players whose 533 yards, set a Bowl Championship Series game record?
13. The player who possesses leadership and heart to the point of making an immortalized speech that lead to the Gators possessing a 22 game winning streak, and another National Championship Title?
14. The Player who is arguably the greatest to ever player at the collegiate level?
15. The player who transcended his high school stardom to the college ranks?

High school 95 TD's 9,810 Passing Yards 62 Rushing 3,189 yards

Florida Gator 88 TD's 9,285 Passing Yards 57 TD's Rushing 2,947 Yards Rushing

Becoming the first player to be able to move the rock against the best of the best to the point of reaching 12,000 yards of total offense, in what is hands down the toughest conference in college football is nothing short of being a spectacular feat of individual daring and collective accomplishment.

Now considering the league has been built by college players, how is it that arguably the greatest college players of all time has no hope of making it in this league? It is one contradiction after another with the mainstream media...

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8l_Keyy_OZ4/0.jpg

Pete Prisco: April 22, 2010

'Broncos' McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick

...Your days are numbered.

When you trade away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, the key components in the Broncos' passing game in a year span, and then draft Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft, you are sending a loud message.

Talent doesn't matter...

Nobody in their right mind would ever say that Tebow plays the position better than Cutler. But Cutler was shipped out for being a bad boy.

Now they have Saint Timmy to fix things...

But the skills aren't there. He isn't close to being as good as Jimmy Clausen.'

When Pete makes it out as if talent does not matter to McDaniels, who is he trying to fool? Where does Prisco get off thinking he can get away with being so aloof to the point of assuming he can get away with pulling the wool over the dumbmass sheep by completely dismissing Tebows talents like that?

Here is where the two aforementioned quarterbacks stand at the collegiate level in comparison to Tebow in just the top three of the main stats.

Tim Tebow

Passing Yards: 9,285 / TD: 88 / INT: 16

Rushing Yards: 2947 / TD: 57

QB Rating: 170.8

Jay Cutler

Passing Yards: 8,697 / TD: 59 / INT: 36

Rushing Yards: 1,256 / TD: 17

QB Rating: 125.9

Jimmy Clausen

Passing Yards: 8,148 / TD: 60 / INT: 27

Rushing Yards: -355 / TD: 5

QB Rating: 161.43

With 145 TDs, Tebow has three more career touchdowns than both quarterbacks combined!

Tebow has 27.14 higher quarterback rating points than the average of both quarterbacks combined.

Tebow has over 2,446 more rushing yards than the average of both players combined.

Tebow has 862 more passing yards than the average of both quarterbacks combined.

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
http://poprock80s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/j_cutler.jpg

Just got the latest scouting report on Cutlers progress after a horrific season filled with one INT after another last season.

BY NEIL HAYES nhayes@suntimes.com

An NFL advance scout recently dissected the Bears, breaking down their preseason film and probing for strengths and weaknesses.

His grim forecast calls for a mushroom cloud over team headquarters.

''The person who is going to kill this team is the quarterback,'' he said of Jay Cutler. ''Don't take my word for it. Talk to somebody who really knows quarterback fundamentals, and fundamentally this guy is a nightmare right now. Where he holds the ball, how he winds up. His lower half is completely out of sync with his upper half. He almost looks like a guy out in the parking lot throwing a football. Fundamentally, as far as stepping into his throws, setting his feet, the way he carries the ball, it's not very good.

''He's got this everything-is-going-to-be-OK attitude. I don't believe it for a minute. I think he lacks confidence in his offensive line and isn't on the same page with his receivers.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/2676966,CST-SPT-neil05.article

Anyone who watched Tebow in the preseason could not have missed how impressive he was despite a few rookie mistakes aimed to determine where the boundaries are at this level.

At one point during the Vikings game Tebow was 12 of his 13 passes 1 TD and 1 INT 167 yards passing, while having scrambled for 14 yards to gain a first down.

Tebows progress at this level has been far beyond any of the critics expectations, hearing Mike Mayock choke on his foot in his mouth regarding Tebow time and time again during the game was priceless.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5080617

Gruden said

"He has made tremendous improvement, and if you know Tebow and his work ethic that is what you come to expect!"

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/tim-tebow-is.jpg

He's the highest rated passer in the history of SEC football. He was easily a better passer than Peyton Manning or Stafford or Couch or any of the guys whose ability to pass was never really questioned by NFL talent analysts.

And yet NFL evaluators, for some reason, aren't sold on Tebow. Couch and Russell are two bona fide NFL busts, even though pro football talent evaluators couldn't usher them into the league fast enough. Yet these same talent evaluators harbor grave doubts about the ability of the greatest and most efficient passer in SEC history to pass the ball at the next level.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html#ixzz0sTNvX5Ox

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ63ybmflw-G8zDjY5Igm3GW_8iQaexiM0AB-DWxiLwFHGygE&t=1&usg=__F590Ha8Gdc3k7YqACdzAnTDhkYA=

The Broncos' third-year starter was the nation's second-leading passer last season behind only Tim Tebow and entered the year a popular Heisman pick.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/07/boisest.vatech/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0ysmokzdM

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/belichick_mcdaniels.jpg

Tebow to Play a Similar Role In Denver as He Did in Florida

There is a reason why the spread offense McDaniels runs is so suited to fit the style of play Tebow brings to the table.

"We stole a lot of (University of Florida's) plays maybe three or four years ago. They run a lot of different things. They ask their quarterback to do a lot. No college quarterback—or very few I should say—have run or done what we're going to do, or what other NFL teams do necessarily, because the game has spread out so much,” McDaniels said.

Bill Belichick and McDaniels in essence converted Meyer's spread offense to the NFL, which is one of the reasons why you find Tom Brady playing almost exclusively out of shotgun.

The spread at the collegiate level has helped receivers to transcend their skill sets quicker at the NFL level, this is why we have seen such a huge upsurge in rookie WR's to come into the league and possess immediate success.

“There are so many different things going on right now in the college football game that maybe you don't see in the professional football league. What Tim has been asked to do—mentally, there is a lot of burden on him—same thing here.”

“What he's been asked to do in terms of reading defenses and progressions and those types of things is similar to what he'll have to do in the National Football League. He's been well coached—I have a great deal of respect for (University of Florida Head) Coach (Urban) Meyer.”

“I have a good relationship with (Meyer), known him for a long time and understand what (Tebow) has had to do and what he's had to learn. I don't really look at it and say, ‘His system doesn't fit our system.' No quarterback's does. I'm not really worried too much about it, I just know what he's been asked to do and what he's been able to accomplish in that system there.”

“I won't deny that he doesn't give you an opportunity to create some un-game-planned production, similar to (Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback) Ben Roethlisberger, or a (Washington Redskins quarterback) Donovan McNabb, or someone like that where you draw the play up there on the board, and all of the sudden it doesn't necessarily look as pretty as I thought it would; but then he makes it work some other way—there is an element to his game like that."

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/809/97545151_display_image.jpg?1279326302

Tebow Is Competing for the Starting Role

"Like everybody, he will be competing for a job," McDaniels said. "I don't care if a guy is a rookie. If he's earned the job, he'll play. That goes for any position. But I'll say this, he has a long way to go to get there. But he is starting the process."

"To me, (Tebow's acumen) gives him an advantage, an opportunity to play earlier than other people have played. Everybody keeps talking about it will be two, three years before he can play, and I think they don't know this guy. His mental capacity, and the way that he works, and the fact that he's on such a fast pace, will give him the chance to compete apples-to-apples.”

"We really don’t divide them up by first-team, second-team. It’s more by play. We kind of log the plays that they’ve run before or if we’d like to see them make an adjustment on a play that they did run earlier—last week, whatever it may be—and see if they can make the improvement. Each one of them has been in there with the first group. The centers are swapping in and out, different sets of linemen, different sets of receivers, so we’re really not moving them in and out with teams as much as we’re looking at it and saying, ‘We’d like to have him get this play and so on and so forth.’"

"It's all going to be about his production and performance. There are a lot of rookies who can't run plays because they can't figure it out yet. That's not going to be the case with Tim. He'll be able to do the things (veterans) do."

As you can see McDaniels believes Tebow will make an impact sooner rather than later.

It is as if he can’t stop raving about the "it" factor Tebow brings to the game, even going as far as to compare him to Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Donovan McNabb while all the while insisting that the rookie "gets it."

“When Tom (Brady) came to us in 2001, I wasn’t on the offensive side of the ball, but I can remember the feeling in the building was that he had something that nobody else had… and how strongly he felt that ultimately he would be a great player. It was obviously apparent in subsequent seasons.

"I think the thing about Tim is what everybody calls the 'It'. There are those kind of people that have that 'It.'"

"I think when you get a guy, and he's waiting for me to tell him he's going to be a great player, we might be waiting a long time," he said.

"You know what Tim doesn't know about our playbook," McDaniels asked?

"Only what we haven't told him yet."

"See, he's doing it, after just a couple of days," McDaniels said, looking at the screen. "What's it going to be like after 65 practices? He gets it."

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:56 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/813/96215120_display_image.jpg?1279326404

Mechanics Are a Non-Factor

"Everybody keeps talking about the thing I think we can fix (delivery, arm strength)—that's my job as a coach—and nobody's talking about the things we don't have to teach him because he already has all that."

"No issues, none at all in terms of his arm strength, velocity, anything like that," coach Josh McDaniels said.

"(Tebow) threw into the wind, with it, across it, and there were no issues," McDaniels said, "he would be looking, looking, then stand up, without winding up and all that stuff, throw 60 yards, just like that. He's got a really strong arm."

"Well, I look at it as I am a prototypical quarterback," Tebow insisted. "I like to do the things that a regular quarterback does, and then I'm blessed with athletic ability to do extra things. That's how I look at it... I'm going to be a regular quarterback, a pocket quarterback and I'm going to work and try to be great at that. That is my goal, I want to be a great pocket passer, and that's something I'm working on."

"I’m just focused on myself and just keeping on playing the way I am. I’m really happy with the way I’m playing and just really have more confidence right now than I’ve ever had."

"The way the entire offense has been playing gives me a lot of confidence. I’m giving the receivers a lot of chances to make plays and they’ve been doing it on a consistent basis. When the results are there, you just get a lot of confidence out of that."

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/815/102898319_display_image.jpg?1279326569

Tebow's Contagious Confidence

“That confidence affects everybody. We could see it last week at rookie camp. There were a bunch of rookies out there with no confidence, except him. He’s got such confidence that he will just not let himself fail,” McDaniels said.

“And that quality sometimes is very underrated. There are people with a great deal of God-given ability who are fun to watch, and it’s really interesting to see what kind of seasons they’ll put together."

“Then there are guys who will say they won’t fail, our team’s not going to fail, and they have a ‘I’m not going to let you down’ attitude. And that’s what you notice with Tim.”

"I'm going to have one goal and that goal is to earn the respect of my teammates and coaches. That's the only goal I have," Tebow said. "It's not to be the starting quarterback right now, it is to earn their respect, because when you earn respect from people, then they begin to like you, and then they believe in you, and then they begin to love you, and then you have a team that is united and cares about each other more than anything else.”

"Then you go out there and you play for each other, you play for your coaches and you win championships."

"You have to separate a lot of things with Tim. He's going to share his faith with people. Some people will follow it, some guys won't. With community service, he's going to do his things and some guys will go along and some won't," said Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, a former Florida offensive coordinator (Tebow's position coach).

"But the effect he has in the locker room is when people watch how he works. He's a guy that when he gets in that locker room, he's not going to care if people like him or not. He'll care if people respect him," Mullen said.

"He attacked the workouts like us, the juniors and seniors," said Broncos linebacker Jarvis Moss, who played on that 2006 Florida team. "He outworked everyone on the team, and that's how he gained the respect of a lot of the guys."

"When people see how he works, in all our drills, in all our conditioning, that's going to be one of the first things people notice, just how excited he is," Moss said of Tebow. "It might seem like a lot of false enthusiasm, but I don't see any of it as being fake. The second thing is when people get a chance to sit down and talk to him, they'll see his character, what kind of person he is."

"I don't know if there has been anyone under a bigger microscope, at least in college sports, and maybe in all sports, than him in a long time," Mullen said. "That's a lot of pressure for a kid, and it never fazed him once."

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:56 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/816/95583408_display_image.jpg?1279326668

No Doubt who the starter was headed into training camp, but No guarantees either for Kyle Orton

"He is the starter, no doubt," McDaniels said heading towards training camp.

"I think he deserves that right to come in as the starter," Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley said. "Anything can happen. But he deserves that. He played well enough last year and did enough good things to come into all the OTAs and camp as a starter."

"There has not been one quarterback on our roster that has been discussed or would be discussed at this point in any trade talks or anything else for that matter," McDaniels said. "We're going to let them compete and the best guy is going to play. That's it and that's how we feel about every position.”

"Right now we have a lot of time on our hands and a lot of practice plays before we have to make a decision like that and we'll wait and see and let it play out. We've got a lot of guys out there competing hard."

"The starter is the starter until somebody beats him out," McDaniels said. "Everybody earns their own role. The best player will play, that's all I'm saying. It doesn't matter if it's a defensive end, punter, quarterback, center—if he's the best player, he's playing. Right now, he's [Orton] the best player and he's in there first in the huddle, he knows the most.”

"Does that mean it's a guarantee for this season? No, and he knows that, every quarterback knows that. Every player knows that if they aren't the best at that position, then we are going to play with the best 11 that we can put out there on the field, period."

"I thought it was definitely a little bit ironic and interesting, but I guess you have to approach it like any other game now." Tebow said regarding his first game being at his hometown in Jacksonville. "I don’t really know what to expect. I have a long way before then, so I have a long time before I have to start worrying about that game."

"I think about every day I have to get better, and if I do that, then I'll be satisfied with myself and going in and getting better every day. Because that's all that I can control and that's what I'm going to worry about."

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson has declared that it would be "a shock" if come week one Tim Tebow is not the Broncos starting quarterback.

Williamson's used to cover the Broncos for the Denver Post.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/839/tebowdisplay_display_image.jpg?1279328979

The Lore of a legend in the making

Tebow's agent Jimmy Sexton and his team at Athletic Resource Management, have their hands full with all the endorsement opportunities they are being swamped with.

Nike just made a Tim Tebow sneaker: EA Sports x Tim Tebow Trainer 1.2.

Despite Tebow having been drafted April 22nd, he has managed to lead jersey sales that month and every month since.

"Within the next five years, Tim clearly has a chance to be one of the most endorsable athletes on the planet," Sexton said.

"I had one CEO of a major Fortune 500 company tell me, 'You know what, Jimmy? For a corporation to put a face on their brand, this guy (Tebow) is the real deal. He's the one guy who's not going to be a scandal two or three years from now."

“He (Tebow) also got a chance to take batting practice with the MUS baseball team and hit 12 of 15 pitches out of the park. ‘The kids were just awed by how far he hit the ball,’ Memphis-based agent Jim Sexton said. ‘The best thing about Tim is he thinks he’s just another guy and acts that way. He’s oblivious to everything going on around him.’”

Tebow is a player who is considered the greatest player in college football history by coach's, players and fans alike.

"Tim Tebow is not only the best quarterback in this league, I think he's the best football player in the country." said Steve Spurrier "...maybe the best to ever play college football. That's how good he is."

“You have to decide what you have to be proud about, and being a football player doesn’t make you any more special than anyone else."

“Football gives me a platform and with that platform comes a responsibility and obligation to make a difference in people’s lives.”

“They know they’re gonna get my heart and soul and everything that comes with it.”

“I think when I was working, that I did whatever it took. But also, whatever they asked me to do I was gonna do it.”

We know you "GOT IT"

Just Do It Tim, Just Do it!!

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81a1fd91_gallery_600.jpg

Kyle Orton exposed again by the Steelers for his inability to execute the deep passing game?

The deep passing game just so happens to be the outlet McDaniels complex playbook pugs into in order for it to be turned on.

The Pittsburgh Steelers may as well have had Tim Tebow's back in regards to him starting during the preseason exhibition when they further exposed the deficiency Orton possess in the deep passing game.

After a phenomenal 6-0 start last season, Josh McDaniels came away with only two wins in his last 10 regular season games.

This of course is clearly the result of his scheme being exposed for lacking a deep passing threat.

Last season 83 percent of Orton's passes where thrown for less than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, Orton has been mightily challenged in the deep passing game during this preseason as well.

Week 1

Orton's only pass for 20 yards beyond the line-of-scrimmage this entire preseason came when he severely underthrew Jabar Gaffney on a 31 yard completion.

Gaffney who could have been off to the races if he did not have to stop and get down on one knee for the 31 yard reception midfield.

While Orton was taking advantage of his great protection and great surrounding cast, outside of the 31 yard reception, he managed to rack up a total of only 25 yards with his throws from the line of scrimmage, before the receivers went on to rack up the rest of the yards with their feet.

Orton had about 140 yards worth of deep passes hit the dirt that night. He put on a horrible display while attempting to execute the deep passing plays possessed by the highly complex playbook McDaniels brought over to the Broncos from when he was the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots.

Watching defensive penalties bail McDaniels out of one failed third down conversion after another, the head coach had to have gotten flashbacks of last season's atrocious third down conversion rate.

Then too see Orton fail miserably in the deep passing game, only to be followed up by fetal position display Brady Quinns possessed in the second half while looking lost as all get out, must have gotten Josh McDaniels in such a fit of rage. One wonders if this is why he broke his toe that night?

Imagine being forced to go into the season with this mess? Or being forced to start your rookie right out of the gate because your vets are looking far too inept to start and allow the rookie to get his feet wet first before being thrown to the wolves.

Oh well, looks like we are in for an episode of 300 where the child will lead them as King, while victoriously draping the skins of his ferocious opponents over his shoulders.

Week 2 we got exposure as to why rookie sensation Eddie Royal fell completely under the radar last season. Royal only had one reception in each of the two exhibition games. In the first two exhibition games combined Gaffney had four times as many receptions as Royal.

Against Detroit, Orton was so fixated on Jabar Gaffney that he managed to throw the ball only one-third-of-the-time to all the other wide receivers combined.

Gaffney had to come out for a breather during the two minute drill after Orton went to him on back-to-back-to-back plays. His expression leaving the field was like "help me out coach get this quarterback off of me, sheesh!"

Gaffney had more than three times the yards as all the other wide receivers combined.

Dre Bly wound up getting the most yards from any single of Orton's passes during the entire preseason so far. Its too bad however that Bly is a former Broncos player; the completion therefore being the result of a 52 yard interception for the Detroit Lions.

Week 3

The closest you can get to a real NFL game in the preseason is Week 3. Again what we saw from Orton last night was his worst display of the preseason thus far.

Zero passing touchdowns and an interception to seal the deal. Add to that the rushing offense only managed to gain 38 yards in the first half. This clearly a reflection of Orton's inability to spread the opponents out with the deep passing game.

2.4 yards per carry average is what happens when opponents feel that they can bring their safeties up to stack the box on you.

•Drive One, it seemed that the Broncos first scoring drive was led by the Steelers defense whose penalties added up to half of the yards obtained during that drive.

•Drive Two had just one third down conversion and a FG to show for it.

•Drive Three had two passing attempts for three yards with Broncos going three and out.

•Drive Four, with the Steelers defense giving the Broncos 30 yards worth of penalties, it seemed that the only time the Broncos were able to manage to move the ball during the drive was with an 18 yard pass by Orton. Just shows how vital the deep passing game is in the modern era.

But when Orton wound up getting down into the red zone thanks to a penalty, he became highly inefficient. Three passing attempts at the red zone and all the Broncos manage to come away with is one yard and a FG?

•Drive Five, Orton threw an interception right out of the gate.
The interception in my mind is the direct result of having been exposed as the swarming defenders key in on the player Orton is locked on.

When opponents realize that all your capable of is dinking and dunking your way down the field, well they simply stack the box and savor the turnover opportunities as a result of being able to have a swarming defense around the ball, a swarming defense mind you that inadvertently stifles the rushing attack.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81a1fd93_gallery_600.jpg

A Tale of two Offenses

In the second half Tim Tebow came out as a second string quarterback. Tebow was the first quarterback to throw a touchdown in the game last night.

He also managed to come away with the longest passing play of the night for the Broncos.

Tebows deep pass set up the longest rushing play for the Broncos on the very next play, and two plays later Tebow winds up throwing his first touchdown as a Pro.

The deep passing game can really open up the rushing game. The rushing offense managed to have more than twice as many yards in the second half as the first.

Tebow managed to get more yards in the two exhibition games he played in with Orton than Orton did. Tebow ought to get a ton of action in Week 4 to seal the deal while getting even further dialed into the scheme, even to the point of actually positioning himself to start come Week 1.

I say Orton's performance has really given McDaniels no choice but to start the rookie.

This will keep Tebow's development from being stunted by the lack luster performance we have seen the past 13 games Orton has played.

The handicap Orton attributes to the deep passing game acts as a handicap to the rushing attack as well, not to mention McDaniels play book.

It is time for McDaniels to take off the ball and chain Orton imposes on his offense by allowing Tebow to take over the reigns as the starter for the Denver Broncos from here on out.

Jesus
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/302/821/95632000_display_image.jpg?1279327415

High Time for the Denver Broncos to embrace the Future with Tim Tebow at the helm

You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results, by definition that is crazy.

Last season the Broncos had wide receiver Brandon Marshall and still wound up winning only two out of their last 10 games.

Marshall is gone.

Broncos No. 1 selection wide receiver Demaryius Thomas along with two of your starting RB's have yet to make an appearance this preseason.

Kyle Orton has proven that he has not improved, as far as being able to execute the play book.

This team is built for the future.

My point is that you may as well get the foundation of your future out and allow continuity to emerge rather than be stifled as a result of placing a generic ingredient in place of the natural ingredient to your scheme.

Tebow is the meat of this main course, and there is no reason to go with tofu at this point.

I am not convinced that Orton can go out there and do a better job than Tebow can from what we have seen from the two preseason games thus far.

No way in hell.

Tebow's presence alone raises the level of play in both the passing as well as the running game. That is a fact.

Given more time with the starters, all Tebow will do is separate himself even further.

Given the fact of not only what we saw this preseason but from what we saw last season the only reason why Tebow would be denied an opportunity to start would be to further this franchises mediocrity.

Orton has hit the ceiling with his upside, and Tebow is out performing him in regards to executing the scheme, while still being in his infancy, while still being in the womb of his rookie season.

The difference between Orton and Tebow is night and day, it is always darkest before the dawn. Broncos need to step into the light of day by embracing the future and letting go of the past.

The Broncos time is now; delaying the inevitable only means dishing out the slop that has held this team back from its potential McDaniels scheme thus far.

Tebow ought to be given every opportunity to advance and excel in McDaniels' scheme. He cannot do that on the bench or holding a clip board.

This is Tebow's opportunity to shine, he cannot be denied. The future is in your hands Josh, you can either embrace it or bench it.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81a1fbfd_gallery_600.jpg

If Josh McDaniels has a Jesus Christ complex persona, he and Tim Tebow could be a match made in heaven, considering opposites attract.

This dynamic duo compliments each others radically extreme yin & yang personas in a highly explosive fashion. One can’t help but wonder if the heat of this dynamic duo will galvanize the locker room and torn fan base or cause the aspirations of the Broncos faithful to go up in flames.

Tebow, the soft-spoken home grown son of an Eagle Scout has a persona that appears to be the on the opposite end of the spectrum of one Josh ‘Lord Vader’ McDaniels; apprentice of Bill ‘Dark Lord of the Sith’ Belichick himself.

I can hear McDaniels now, "Tim, I am your father."

Can Tim Tebow bring Josh McDaniels persona back from the dark side of the twilight zone? That is clearly the Jedi’s No. 1 intent.

"I definitely want to repay Coach McDaniels for the faith he showed in me. I want to be a great quarterback, I want to pursue that. I've wanted to be a quarterback in the NFL for a great many years. That's my goal and has been my goal since I was 6 years old,” Tebow said.

“I'm thankful to Coach McDaniels for having the strength and the voice in me, to choose me and to believe in me. I'm just thankful for that and obviously I do, for the next few years, repay him for what he did for me and believing in me.”

“That's going to be my greatest joy in Denver is going to be to repay Coach McDaniels for believing in me. That's something that's always been very important to me, is my relationship with coaches. Our connection means more to me than anything else."

Missouribronc
09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I've waited a long damn time to say this.

Jesus...stop, already. :welcome:

PRBronco
09-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh man I didn't know he called Kiper out on the radio, bahaha. Also **** Pete Prisco.

Rohirrim
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
One can't help but wonder how much of an impact Tebow being a Neocon champion played in the aftermath of the liberal mainstream media’s demonizing of Tebows character; considering just how unsubstantiated the rhetoric coming from them is in regards to reality itself?

Jesus. Coming from you, I'm surprised at such unmitigated bull****.

cmhargrove
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Was this thread just..,... "Jesus-jacked?"

ScottXray
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Holy crap....stop already Jesus!

the only thing of note in that whole spiel :

""He attacked the workouts like us, the juniors and seniors," said Broncos linebacker Jarvis Moss, who played on that 2006 Florida team. "He outworked everyone on the team, and that's how he gained the respect of a lot of the guys."

I forgot that Moss was on that Florida championship team. At the time of the draft I remember that some were saying that Moss looked better because of the talent level around him ,and not on his own merits. 4 years later and I guess the truth of that has been demonstrated.

oubronco
09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Jesus pimping his boy Jesus jr.

Cito Pelon
09-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Someone said post more, and there it was. Loafers were multiplied . . . .

Kaylore
09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I hope you're all right. I never like our chances going east and playing a team that has caused us problems.

OABB
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I hope you're all right. I never like our chances going east and playing a team that has caused us problems.

it's a different atmosphere now...anything is possible.

Inkana7
09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
What the **** just happened?

broncosteven
09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
it's a different atmosphere now...anything is possible.

That was what I thought last year until they went east to play the Ravens and the same old same old kept happeneing.

Jesus
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Can you stop posting on intErNets message boards and heal my freaking nerve damage already!

Jesus Christ!

According to your faith be it unto you.

Someone said post more, and there it was. Loafers were multiplied . . . .

Ask and you shall receive, by faith...

James

¶ But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

¶ For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Unmitigated Bull? Is there an echo in here? That is what they said 2000 years ago.:rofl:

Rohirrim
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't think this is the "real" Jesus.

MileHighMagic
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Jesus...I like him very much but he no help me hit the curveball.

Los Broncos
09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Dear Jesus, why am I do so stupid?

underrated29
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Jesus...I like him very much but he no help me hit the curveball.

You saying Jesus can't hit a curve ball!!??

OABB
09-08-2010, 06:32 PM
That was what I thought last year until they went east to play the Ravens and the same old same old kept happeneing.

this year we are turning the dline loose!

Dukes
09-08-2010, 06:46 PM
You saying Jesus can't hit a curve ball!!??

Jesus lets not start a holy war here!

TotallyScrewed
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Do the Broncos just expect to loose to the Ravens? It almost seems so. Are the Jaguars ready to play or do they see an 8-8 team coming off a 2-6 slide and just expect to win? I personally think Denver is better than that. No matter what though, this game is tough to win if you come in flat.

Punisher
09-08-2010, 08:01 PM
20 points from our O is pretty realistic, as we will be seeing patchwork from both the RB and O-Line. I don't think it will surprise anyone to see at least one screen pass every offensive possession, or at least until their D plays us honest
I have a hard time seeing the Jags put 33 on us tho
MJD is bound to be rusty, and their O-Line is much like our own: young, a little injured and mostly unproven
A few people have been touting Mike Thomas in their slot, but I still will have to see their WRs be successful against us to believe it
Mercedes Lewis is going to be a problem though
I think he is the X-factor for the Jags in this game

:spit:

Punisher
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM

Yea the Jags always gave us problems. I got the Jags 27-17 Book it.

broncswin
09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
we score more...so we win

24-17

Naggle Nole
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
:spit:

So you laugh at the idea of 20 points from our offense, then predict we will score 17? I guess the thought of that extra field goal is just mind-numbing for you isn't it?
The Jag secondary stinks, and they are counting on a D-Line made up of a guy coming off ACL repair (Kampman), a Jarvis Moss doppelganger (Harvey), a 1st round reach (Alualu), and a sprinkling of young unproven guys
The only reason I temper my enthusiasm down to 20 points is because of our RB and O-Line injuries
Otherwise I would expect us to hang 30+ on them

Punisher
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
So you laugh at the idea of 20 points from our offense, then predict we will score 17? I guess the thought of that extra field goal is just mind-numbing for you isn't it?
The Jag secondary stinks, and they are counting on a D-Line made up of a guy coming off ACL repair (Kampman), a Jarvis Moss doppelganger (Harvey), a 1st round reach (Alualu), and a sprinkling of young unproven guys
The only reason I temper my enthusiasm down to 20 points is because of our RB and O-Line injuries
Otherwise I would expect us to hang 30+ on them

17 anit 20 im not a math whiz and i can tell ya that.

underrated29
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Jesus lets not start a holy war here!

Ya know, I would leave all that rum sitting around with these guys here.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2010, 08:39 PM

book it Danno...

Jesus
09-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh ye of little faith... here it is the first week of the season, and you are going to allow yourselves to coward down to a team that has only won a dozen games in the past 2 seasons? Say it isn't so...

Tebow in his own words regarding how the media went to great strides in trying to shut him down...

"We filmed the commercial (Prolife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqReTDJSdhE)) and it was to air on the Super Bowl. And boy a lot of people hated it. We got a lot of critisism, and actually, several different networks created their own commercial to offset this commercial.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrl_Fz0qyTs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrl_Fz0qyTs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dear Jesus, why am I do so stupid?

About 2000 years ago the Roman and Jewish elite at the time attempted to harness and monopolize the power and knowledge of God.

The actual believers holding the torch of truth where Martyred at the time.

Now the Jews are so far removed from the truth they can not even pronounce the name of God.

Jews all over the world are celebrating their New Year tonight. You would think this was the first month of the year for them but its not.

The New Year actually began on their calendar during the spring as God ordained to Moses when he led Israel out of Egypt out of Slavery to a new beginning. This is the very month the Passover takes place, 10 days into it Israel was to put a lamb in their home,

Exodus

And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

4 days later the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill.

This event was of course prophetic of a time when another lamb (The Truth) would be taken in by Israel and then killed. The beauty of this tragedy however was that it was the result of an intelligent design.

For it was Death rather than the word that was defeated at the cross, for on the 3rd day when the son of God rose from the dead a new beginning for creation had occurred. Just as it had on the very same day and month man had his new beginning on earth, as Noahs Ark managed to finally touch down on dry land after the old one was destroyed by the flood.

BTW coincidence is not a kosher word. The Death of Christ was the lost battle, the kudegra that actually won the war. God actually managed to take death out of the equation with a self inflicted blow to itself which it absorbed when it took possession of a sinless soul. Check mate.

The wages of sin is death. Death actually sinned when it took possession of a soul that had not sinned, death pretty much forfieted its position as realitites antivirus program to Christ, oh and since it took possession of all that Christ had owned, Christ took possession of Deaths treasure trove of souls in hell. This could explain the sermon in hell during those three days eh?

The Romans are pushing a form of scripture that has been permeating and distorted by Greek philosophy, even to the point of writing off The Word replacing it with a covenant that is above the Law of God.

The Truth was hung, stoned, and tortured to death. Sadly as a result humanity now finds itself having been buried under the very rubble it used to stone the truth to death with. Kind of a polarizing irony eh?

The idiom living under a rock is a reality many have come to grips with, while some wonder why, others have actually gone to great strides to climb out from underneath one rock after another.

Speaking of underneath a rock what is the deal with following someone who claims he is a prophet of the God of Zion, yet insists his followers not abide by the scriptures of any other prophets of Zion while insisting those who follow such prophets must either convert or die. The they whose name we shall not mention...8')

The problem with religion is that man has totally monopolized god while exploiting the lost sheep by keeping them blinded by the stones the blind elite leaders cast over the truth.

Why so stupid Clady? Thousands of years and the treasures of the world have been spent to make you this way so the man can exploit the hell out of you and yours, while encouraging you to do the same to your subordinates.

Is it no wonder communism has become so popular that the majority of Americans have sold out their independance to embrace it with eyes wide shut?:devil:

I can't help but wonder how many communist red flags this reply will raise in an effort to extinguish a take that many have died to ensure I possess.

Missouribronc
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Seriously. WTF?

I'm pretty sure he even referenced Voldemort.

Pseudofool
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
a take ROFL! That's what that was? Oh boy!

Jesus
09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MT3CihStFQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6MT3CihStFQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Missouribronc
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure if I'm laughing with him, or at him.

broncswin
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Ya know, I would leave all that rum sitting around with these guys here.

it is very bad to drink TEBOW'S RUM...very bad:strong:

Missouribronc
09-08-2010, 10:40 PM
it is very bad to drink TEBOW'S RUM...very bad:strong:

He says he's a virgin.

Archer81
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Oh ye of little faith... here it is the first week of the season, and you are going to allow yourselves to coward down to a team that has only won a dozen games in the past 2 seasons? Say it isn't so...

Tebow in his own words regarding how the media went to great strides in trying to shut him down...

"We filmed the commercial (Prolife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqReTDJSdhE)) and it was to air on the Super Bowl. And boy a lot of people hated it. We got a lot of critisism, and actually, several different networks created their own commercial to offset this commercial.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrl_Fz0qyTs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrl_Fz0qyTs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

About 2000 years ago the Roman and Jewish elite at the time attempted to harness and monopolize the power and knowledge of God.

The actual believers holding the torch of truth where Martyred at the time.

Now the Jews are so far removed from the truth they can not even pronounce the name of God.

Jews all over the world are celebrating their New Year tonight. You would think this was the first month of the year for them but its not.

The New Year actually began on their calendar during the spring as God ordained to Moses when he led Israel out of Egypt out of Slavery to a new beginning. This is the very month the Passover takes place, 10 days into it Israel was to put a lamb in their home,

This event was of course prophetic of a time when another lamb (The Truth) would be taken in by Israel and then killed. The beauty of this tragedy however was that it was the result of an intelligent design.

For it was Death rather than the word that was defeated at the cross, for on the 3rd day when the son of God rose from the dead a new beginning for creation had occurred. Just as it had on the very same day and month man had his new beginning on earth, as Noahs Ark managed to finally touch down on dry land after the old one was destroyed by the flood.

BTW coincidence is not a kosher word. The Death of Christ was the lost battle, the kudegra that actually won the war. God actually managed to take death out of the equation with a self inflicted blow to itself which it absorbed when it took possession of a sinless soul. Check mate.

The wages of sin is death. Death actually sinned when it took possession of a soul that had not sinned, death pretty much forfieted its position as realitites antivirus program to Christ, oh and since it took possession of all that Christ had owned, Christ took possession of Deaths treasure trove of souls in hell. This could explain the sermon in hell during those three days eh?

The Romans are pushing a form of scripture that has been permeating and distorted by Greek philosophy, even to the point of writing off The Word replacing it with a covenant that is above the Law of God.

The Truth was hung, stoned, and tortured to death. Sadly as a result humanity now finds itself having been buried under the very rubble it used to stone the truth to death with. Kind of a polarizing irony eh?

The idiom living under a rock is a reality many have come to grips with, while some wonder why, others have actually gone to great strides to climb out from underneath one rock after another.

Speaking of underneath a rock what is the deal with following someone who claims he is a prophet of the God of Zion, yet insists his followers not abide by the scriptures of any other prophets of Zion while insisting those who follow such prophets must either convert or die. The they whose name we shall not mention...8')

The problem with religion is that man has totally monopolized god while exploiting the lost sheep by keeping them blinded by the stones the blind elite leaders cast over the truth.

Why so stupid Clady? Thousands of years and the treasures of the world have been spent to make you this way so the man can exploit the hell out of you and yours, while encouraging you to do the same to your subordinates.

Is it no wonder communism has become so popular that the majority of Americans have sold out their independance to embrace it with eyes wide shut?:devil:

I can't help but wonder how many communist red flags this reply will raise in an effort to extinguish a take that many have died to ensure I possess.

Uhh...

Have you ever met Gaff?

:Broncos:

epicSocialism4tw
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
The success of the offense will depend on the ability to make significant plays. From what we have seen in preseason, Orton looks to be in better command of the offense. Hopefully that translates into more plays down the field and fewer 2-3 yard passes and 3-and-outs. The run game has not shown the ability to break big plays unless Buckhalter makes them. Some of these backs need to come through. If the offense doesnt boss this game, we lose. Period. The defense is not strong enough in pass rushing or run stopping because the linebackers are sketchy and seem like they arent confident in the system. That happens when you are starting street free agents in Joe Mays and Jason Hunter.

I hope that the Broncos can start this season out with a win, but I'm not optimistic.

There are too many questions at too many positions for me to feel confident.

Positions with new starters: WR, C, RG, RT, DT, DE, ILB, OLB. Thats just too many...and most of those positions are filled with rookies or street free agents.

Requiem
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
The only bets I got on this season is a Benjamin that the Vikes finish 3rd or worse in the NFC Central.

Inkana7
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
The success of the offense will depend on the ability to make significant plays. From what we have seen in preseason, Orton looks to be in better command of the offense. Hopefully that translates into more plays down the field and fewer 2-3 yard passes and 3-and-outs. The run game has not shown the ability to break big plays unless Buckhalter makes them. Some of these backs need to come through. If the offense doesnt boss this game, we lose. Period. The defense is not strong enough in pass rushing or run stopping because the linebackers are sketchy and seem like they arent confident in the system. That happens when you are starting street free agents in Joe Mays and Jason Hunter.

I hope that the Broncos can start this season out with a win, but I'm not optimistic.

There are too many questions at too many positions for me to feel confident.

Positions with new starters: WR, C, RG, RT, DT, DE, ILB, OLB. Thats just too many...and most of those positions are filled with rookies or street free agents.

Joe Mays is not starting, and I would hardly call anyone but Stanley Daniels a street free agent (Jason Hunter started games in Detroit). And Haggan started 16 games for us last year so I wouldn't exactly call him at ILB as new and inexperienced.

epicSocialism4tw
09-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Joe Mays is not starting, and I would hardly call anyone but Stanley Daniels a street free agent (Jason Hunter started games in Detroit). And Haggan started 16 games for us last year so I wouldn't exactly call him at ILB as new and inexperienced.

Anyone who is cut and added to your roster during the preseason is a street free agent, IMO.

Still too many questions at too many positions to be confident in a win.

Heck, we are counting on two rookies who have had sketchy preseasons to magically put it all together and start executing on Sunday. Walton and Beadles havent exactly inspired confidence. They have their occasional moments, but neither would be starting if there was a veteran starter at their position.

On that note, we replaced Brandon Marshall with a rookie that has seen sporadic play through camp because he cant get his surgically repaired foot right. So now we have Jabar Gaffney as our #1. Doesnt exactly inspire confidence. Eddie Royal should catch more passes this year, but he's also an unknown because of the sophomore dropoff that he experienced in the coaching transition. Who's #3? Brandon Lloyd who has basically been training camp fodder over the past few stops in his journeyman career. Not alot there.

Then there's TE. We do not have a pass-catcher at all. Its Dan Graham and then its nothing. This is a really thin position for us. In fact, most positions are very thin for us. We cant afford injuries, and yet we have them all over the place.

Inkana7
09-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Anyone who is cut and added to your roster during the preseason is a street free agent, IMO.

Still too many questions at too many positions to be confident in a win.

Heck, we are counting on two rookies who have had sketchy preseasons to magically put it all together and start executing on Sunday. Walton and Beadles havent exactly inspired confidence. They have their occasional moments, but neither would be starting if there was a veteran starter at their position.

On that note, we replaced Brandon Marshall with a rookie that has seen sporadic play through camp because he cant get his surgically repaired foot right. So now we have Jabar Gaffney as our #1. Doesnt exactly inspire confidence. Eddie Royal should catch more passes this year, but he's also an unknown because of the sophomore dropoff that he experienced in the coaching transition. Who's #3? Brandon Lloyd who has basically been training camp fodder over the past few stops in his journeyman career. Not alot there.

Then there's TE. We do not have a pass-catcher at all. Its Dan Graham and then its nothing. This is a really thin position for us. In fact, most positions are very thin for us. We cant afford injuries, and yet we have them all over the place.

What has Jabar Gaffney done that shouldn't inspire confidence in his new role as #1? I couldn't be his 200+ yard game last year, no.. Or the fact that he was our most consistent receiver in the preseason, and heck, even last year.

epicSocialism4tw
09-09-2010, 12:36 AM
What has Jabar Gaffney done that shouldn't inspire confidence in his new role as #1? I couldn't be his 200+ yard game last year, no.. Or the fact that he was our most consistent receiver in the preseason, and heck, even last year.

Gaffney did a decent job, but remember...he was the receiver that played opposite of a guy who set receptions records last year.

I'm not sure if Gaffney can still pull through when he's getting all the attention.

Gaffney is not a YAC guy either, so you are depending on Orton to make plays for him, which brings up a whole new set of questions.

I'm not saying that its impossible for those questions to be resolved in a way that results in Broncos wins, but the questions do exist and it makes it harder to be confident when so many questions exist.

DivineBronco
09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
so is Jesus an old poster pretending to be a new one or a whole new prime time show..........cause wow

Durango
09-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I think the Broncos win this game...

Later, same thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher

Tombstone RJ:
book it Danno...

Waffle much?

Jacksonville is terrible. Del Rio's job is up for grabs this year, and chances are pretty good a change at the top is in the works at seasons end.

Make all the excuses you want; the heat, the history of traveling east, all echos of the Shanahan era, a mindset you insist has changed with this new, tough, get after 'em regime.

If the Broncos can't beat up on this garbage, this season could be slim pickens indeed.

TheReverend
09-09-2010, 01:00 AM
The only bets I got on this season is a Benjamin that the Vikes finish 3rd or worse in the NFC Central.

1990 called. They want their divisions back.

Requiem
09-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Forgive me,

NFC North.

Now watch this drive.

TheReverend
09-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Forgive me,

NFC North.

Now watch this drive.

I can see a potential Favre slide, but AD should be a lot more effective this season which will make things a lot easier for Brett. I dunno, I still see Minn as GBs main competition and the Bears in that 3rd slot. Goodluck though.

Play2win
09-09-2010, 02:38 AM

Gaffney reminds me of some wide receiver that used to play for the Colts.

cutthemdown
09-09-2010, 03:55 AM

Gaffney isn't the type of wr who a CB would be scared to cover. He's just a role player. Broncos whole WR corp is a bunch of role players with no real studs.

outdoor_miner
09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Waffle much?

Ummm - he was mocking him. Geez.

Rohirrim
09-09-2010, 08:58 AM
so is Jesus an old poster pretending to be a new one or a whole new prime time show..........cause wow

I think the Tebownites are beginning to trickle in.

Tombstone RJ
09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Ummm - he was mocking him. Geez.

at least someone gets my humor... thank you sir!

Jesus
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
If I know anything I know this,
You can keep passion bottled up just for so long
You can kick a good man while he is down just for so long
Green stick's and stones of demonizing rhetoric
Can never break the bones of a devoted soul
Vengeance is a dish best served cold
Especially with somethin they say can't be done
Don't say you haven't been told
Tebow and McDaniels are ready rumble
Don't let the fans be caught stumblin
A chump is gonna get his,
Get out the way sucker
That is how the cookie crumbles

Rejoice and be exceeding glad
During the the scrimage and Steelers game
Did the rainbow of promise go unnoticed

Carpie diem all is not as it seems
While watching the silhouette of a bat be transformed into a soaring eagle
A majestic painting comes to life in the sky as the dawn sets
Be careful not to take for granted
An opportunity to savor great expectations
If you wait till the sun rise to catch it
You will miss it
Anticipation is the name of the game
Join the revolution don't regret being left behind

They say timing is everything
But positioning rather is
Your stance, is it with us or against
Its darkest just before the dawn

Don't lay down and die
Why let your light be frightened
From being embraced by a child
As a brilliantly dazzling star
In the nights' sky hovering above it all
This is the time to shine
The future is bright
Believe

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/OyVjdQXNs9s?fs=1&hl=en_US allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Steve Sewell
09-09-2010, 09:42 AM
If I know anything I know this,
You can keep passion bottled up just for so long
You can kick a good man while he is down just for so long
Green stick's and stones of demonizing rhetoric
Can never break the bones of a devoted soul
Vengeance is a dish best served cold
Especially with somethin they say can't be done
Don't say you haven't been told
Tebow and McDaniels are ready rumble
Don't let the fans be caught stumblin
A chump is gonna get his,
Get out the way sucker
That is how the cookie crumbles

Rejoice and be exceeding glad
During the the scrimage and Steelers game
Did the rainbow of promise go unnoticed

Carpie diem all is not as it seems
While watching the silhouette of a bat be transformed into a soaring eagle
A majestic painting comes to life in the sky as the dawn sets
Be careful not to take for granted
An opportunity to savor great expectations
If you wait till the sun rise to catch it
You will miss it
Anticipation is the name of the game
Join the revolution don't regret being left behind

They say timing is everything
But positioning rather is
Your stance, is it with us or against
Its darkest just before the dawn

Don't lay down and die
Why let your light be frightened
From being embraced by a child
As a brilliantly dazzling star
In the nights' sky hovering above it all
This is the time to shine
The future is bright
Believe

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/OyVjdQXNs9s?fs=1&hl=en_US allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Jesus is the greatest forum troll of all time.

/bow

cmhargrove
09-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Is this guy properly called a "Jesus Freak?"

Rohirrim
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Is this guy properly called a "Jesus Freak?"

I'd like to see him and Demon Eagles go at it. ;D

55CrushEm
09-09-2010, 10:27 AM

You promised to leave....in fact started a farewell thread, you attention whore.

Why do you keep coming back?

Douche.....

Darkdoc
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
He says he's a virgin.

And you are offering yourself to fix this?

Darn big of you.

Inkana7
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Save me Jebus

uplink
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
only thing that seems a given about week one IMO is that the broncos will be able to move the ball 'reasonably well' in the short passing game as Orton is playing well. Other than that who knows?

Jesus
09-10-2010, 05:35 AM
The day after tomorrow
What did I know then that I didn't know now?

The Broncos rushing defense proved that being much more stout then folks expected against the Steelers during the first half of week 3, certainly was not a preseason fluke.

Broncos receivers shined during the preseason, yet rhetoric from the media critics assumed Jaguars receivers are better despite the Jags lack luster performance during the preseason. Media experts are wrong again, how they missed the two ends of the spectrum where their opponents secondary stood, is beyond me? Go figure...

Quiet a few much more agile, powerful, and younger members having been added to the best tackle tandem in the league on the Broncos offensive line, took the overhauled scheme of MechDaniels dragster power scheme to a level that made the rushing offense not only surprising, but proving to be a force to contend with in the league this season.

Having access to the matrix, has its advantages, using it, what did you know then that you didn't know now?

Rabb
09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
god damn you suck Jesus, ignore list ahoy

Jesus
09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AJY-WAKyW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AJY-WAKyW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>