PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Jags news and notes

The MVPlaya
09-07-2010, 02:10 PM
MaxBroncos

#Broncos RB Moreno at practice, looking to play @ Jax, but says, "I've got to get past that phase where I’m hesitant." http://bit.ly/cXrsm4

Only four #Broncos were not at practice: RBs A.Brown & L.Ball, S D.McBath, RT R.Harris. Demaryius Thomas and Daniel Graham returned.
about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck
OLB Jason Hunter, working w/ first team, admits "I don't think I'm quite comfortable yet," but says he already prefers 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE.

Los Broncos
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
How many carries you think he's looking at? 10-15?

The MVPlaya
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
“I’ve got to get past that phase where I’m hesitant,” he said before taking the field for practice Tuesday afternoon. “What I’ve got to do now is test it out and see how it holds up.

“I’m not going to be hesitant. I’m going to go for it.”

PRBronco
09-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Man wtf did McBath do to his forearm? He's dropped off the face of the earth since not breaking it.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I think McD playing Knowshon at Jax is a mistake. I'd give him a few more weeks to heal up... if he aggravates the hammy more then he's gonna just be out even longer. Maybe they are preping Knowshon so he can dress for the game and play only in an emergency...

Dedhed
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I think McD playing Knowshon at Jax is a mistake. I'd give him a few more weeks to heal up... if he aggravates the hammy more then he's gonna just be out even longer. Maybe they are preping Knowshon so he can dress for the game and play only in an emergency...I disagree. The line between success and failure is too thin in the NFL try to protect players when the games count. If he's full speed, or close to it in practice, he should play.

If he has a set back, deal with it and hope someone steps up to fill the void. We could be 0-3 in a few weeks if he doesn't play, and then we're in a huge hole having never put our best team on the field.

Dedhed
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Man wtf did McBath do to his forearm? He's dropped off the face of the earth since not breaking it.

It has to be some sort of aggravation of last year's injury. There must be something in his technique that gets his forearm's in a bad place.

DivineLegion
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
maxbroncos
olb jason hunter, working w/ first team, admits "i don't think i'm quite comfortable yet," but says he already prefers 3-4 olb to 4-3 de.

^5

meangene
09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I think McD playing Knowshon at Jax is a mistake. I'd give him a few more weeks to heal up... if he aggravates the hammy more then he's gonna just be out even longer. Maybe they are preping Knowshon so he can dress for the game and play only in an emergency...

I agree 100%. Until Moreno is at full speed and can go through a full week of practice including contact with no issues, it would be a huge mistake to play him. Particularly in the heat and humidity of Jacksonville which makes re-injury much more likely due to dehydration. It is a long season and not worth the risk to put him out early. Plus, how effective can he really be if he is not at full speed and has missed all of training camp? We are just going to have to suck it up for a couple weeks with the injuries and other guys are going to have to step up.

bap454
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Wait...this isnt the same injury from last year ..right?

Tim
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I would think moreno gets 10 carries, buck gets 15-20.

I hope our tackles can handle Kampman solo on sunday, i'm not too worried about alualu or any of the others in the front seven but I do think justin durant will be a presence at OLB.

I think their 2 game winning streak against Denver will be over. I like the way we match up against them except for MJD... lets hope Jamal is back to his early to mid 2000's form

baja
09-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree 100%. Until Moreno is at full speed and can go through a full week of practice including contact with no issues, it would be a huge mistake to play him. Particularly in the heat and humidity of Jacksonville which makes re-injury much more likely due to dehydration. It is a long season and not worth the risk to put him out early. Plus, how effective can he really be if he is not at full speed and has missed all of training camp? We are just going to have to suck it up for a couple weeks with the injuries and other guys are going to have to step up.

Actually the heat & humidity will help his injury.

McDman
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I disagree. The line between success and failure is too thin in the NFL try to protect players when the games count. If he's full speed, or close to it in practice, he should play.

If he has a set back, deal with it and hope someone steps up to fill the void. We could be 0-3 in a few weeks if he doesn't play, and then we're in a huge hole having never put our best team on the field.

I disagree with your disagreement!

If you've ever played a sport and had a badly pulled hamstring you'll know it tweaks extremely easy. It's something that will linger all year if he doesn't let it fully heal before returning full speed. Without full health in his hammy he won't have any burst or be able to cut properly.

I can pretty much guarantee if he plays and hasn't fully healed he'll tweak it again.

baja
09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
I disagree with your disagreement!

If you've ever played a sport and had a badly pulled hamstring you'll know it tweaks extremely easy. It's something that will linger all year if he doesn't let it fully heal before returning full speed. Without full health in his hammy he won't have any burst or be able to cut properly.

I can pretty much guarantee if he plays and hasn't fully healed he'll tweak it again.

Quick someone PM the Greek...

meangene
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Not if he dehydrates.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM

No it doesn't. It makes you sweat way more which dehydrates you which causes stress on the body which affects the hammy's ability to extend and contract which... oh never mind...

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
^5

Ironically he was kicked out of Green Bay for not fitting the 3-4.

The MVPlaya
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM

Green Bay seems to want faster LB's in their 3-4. Check their LB's.

The MVPlaya
09-07-2010, 08:07 PM
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/100907_blog4.jpg

ZONA
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM

I would have to agree here. Jacksonville this time of year is going to be hell to play in. I sure hope there is a low pressure system or something to cool it down on Sunday. The Jags have an advantage if it's hot, they're used to it. I might even go as far as saying that heat and humidity is a harder adjustment then high altitude. But if he is 100% then I'd like to see him out there for about 10-15 touches.

strafen
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Anytime you play a team where its homefield advantage is aided by the weather, it's going to be a tough battle for the visiting team.
I think their strategy would be a heavy dose of running the ball hardcore in an attempt to break us down.
We're certaintly capable of stopping the run, but I don't think they will abandon it at anytime during the game.
They're a physical football team, and while they've lost some key defensive players, it is still Del Rio's team and culture to play that way.

I hope we come out firing in all cylinders. We need to get a quick jump start and score early to disrupt their game plan.
We saw some good scripted plays in pre-season that were successful at giving us an early score(s)

bap454
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Anytime you play a team where its homefield advantage is aided by the weather, it's going to be a tough battle for the visiting team.
I think their strategy would be a heavy dose of running the ball hardcore in an attempt to break us down.
We're certaintly capable of stopping the run, but I don't think they will abandon it at anytime during the game.
They're a physical football team, and while they've lost some key defensive players, it is still Del Rio's team and culture to play that way.

I hope we come out firing in all cylinders. We need to get a quick jump start and score early to disrupt their game plan.
We saw some good scripted plays in pre-season that were successful at giving us an early score(s)

Real good point, along with the quick jump we need ball control. We need to limit the time the Defense is on the field. I actually see Orton being smart and steadly marching down the field unlike "Frown Cannon" -king of the 3 and out.

HAT
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Real good point, along with the quick jump we need ball control. We need to limit the time the Defense is on the field. I actually see Orton being smart and steadly marching down the field unlike "Frown Cannon" -king of the 3 and out.

The quick jump is going to come from the fact that McD wants to be up 3 scores in the 4th so he can trot out Mr. Florida. ROFL!

BroncoDoug
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I would have to agree here. Jacksonville this time of year is going to be hell to play in. I sure hope there is a low pressure system or something to cool it down on Sunday. The Jags have an advantage if it's hot, they're used to it. I might even go as far as saying that heat and humidity is a harder adjustment then high altitude. But if he is 100% then I'd like to see him out there for about 10-15 touches.

Supposed to be an all time record high for a Jags game on Sunday.

yerner
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
moreno should sit.

DivineLegion
09-07-2010, 11:46 PM

As an end or as a Linebacker?

Play2win
09-08-2010, 01:13 AM
This team is totally different than the teams that melted away in the Florida heat in the past. Bigger and stronger. A lot of the stigmas from the Shanahan era-- both good and bad, aren't really relevant any longer. Its time to write some new history.

Atwater His Ass
09-08-2010, 01:28 AM
This team is totally different than the teams that melted away in the Florida heat in the past. Bigger and stronger. A lot of the stigmas from the Shanahan era-- both good and bad, aren't really relevant any longer. Its time to write some new history.

You mean like collapsing down the stretch to the tune of 2-6? That stigma?

Play2win
09-08-2010, 01:41 AM
You mean like collapsing down the stretch to the tune of 2-6? That stigma?

Wasn't it obvious, that was absolutely Alphonso Smith's fault-- And, ultimately, because he drafted that sorry son of a b!tch, its all MIKE NOLAN's fault.

LongDongJohnson
09-08-2010, 02:45 AM
if knowshon practices full speed then their is no point in babying him and letting him sit.

just let him split carries with buckhalter.
besides our running game is probably going to be crap anyway.

id expect orton to throw a lot this game. i wouldnt be suprised if orton has a great day passing this sunday. 300+ yards. the jags secondary is weak.

Jesus
09-08-2010, 05:01 AM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/weather/5day.jpg