PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart

MABroncoFan
09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

Just checked the depth chart. Quinn is listed as #2 ahead of Tebow. Clark is Clady's backup, with Beadles behind Harris. So he'll likely start on Sunday. Batiste is 3rd string behind Beadles.

Actually, Daniels is starter at LG ... Beadles is just 2nd string tackle behind Harris.

Hunter ahead of Moss at OLB.

Cmac821
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
hmmm....interesting

Tim
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I guarantee Quinn will be inactive on sunday at 1:00 PM eastern time and tebow will be in pads

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I wonder if Daniels won the starting spot... or was it a result of the injury to Harris, forcing Beadles to RT.

MABroncoFan
09-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I wonder if Daniels won the starting spot... or was it a result of the injury to Harris, forcing Beadles to RT.

Hard to say, but Harris is listed as the starter at RT w/ Beadles behind him ... and Daniels starting at LG. So it looks like that is the normal starting line when everyone is healthy.

brncs_fan
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Is Bay coming in on 4-wide sets then if I am reading this right?

Jay3
09-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I guarantee Quinn will be inactive on sunday at 1:00 PM eastern time and tebow will be in pads

I won't believe that the quarterback issue (#2 versus #3) is settled until kickoff. It's not McD's style to create a massive news story about that until he absolutely has to declare.

But all three will be in pads. The "emergency qb" is considered active, just has special limitations on his play if you take advantage of that extra active roster spot on gameday.

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Is Bay coming in on 4-wide sets then if I am reading this right?

offense isn't that simple... depends on formation... situation etc.

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Nate Jones is ahead of Vaughn and Squid.

Eddie Royal is still 1st on the ST depth chart...

Tim
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I won't believe that the quarterback issue (#2 versus #3) is settled until kickoff. It's not McD's style to create a massive news story about that until he absolutely has to declare.

But all three will be in pads. The "emergency qb" is considered active, just has special limitations on his play if you take advantage of that extra active roster spot on gameday.

Let me rephrase, tebow will be able to play any snap coach will let him. Quinn will be allowed to play the 4th quarter.

There are 45 active players on gameday and the emergency qb is the 46 spot, the emergency QB can't play in quarters 1-3 unless the 2 active quarterbacks don't return.

_Oro_
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
So what happens if you pull your first two qbs, and your emergency qb is in the 4th quarter and he goes down with an injury? We put in Rod Smith?

Jay3
09-06-2010, 07:37 PM
So what happens if you pull your first two qbs, and your emergency qb is in the 4th quarter and he goes down with an injury? We put in Rod Smith?

Yes. You'd have to finish out the game with a position player other than the #1 or #2 quarterbacks.

A lot of internet discussion about that scenario, but if you have 2 quarterbacks hurt you've essentially had an epic fail week anyway.

It gets discussed more than usual right now because people are pre-obsessing about Tebow being named #2, and are preparing their arguments against it, or their arguments that he's not the "real" #2.

I couldn't care less -- if you're #1 gets so hurt he can't finish a game, that's your main problem for most of the teams in this league.

Tim
09-06-2010, 07:38 PM

If its the fourth quarter than the qbs 1 and 2 can play. I'm not an expert on it I just remember hearing about it last year with philly and vick.

Its really just a rule so the emergency qb can play in garbage time if the game is a blowout or something and you don't have to waste one of the 45 active spots on a qb that probably won't play unless there are 2 injuries at the same position.

Jay3
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I think at some point in fourth quarter you can do whatever you want -- put back in the #1 or #2.

Jay3
09-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Tim beat my post. I think he's right.

It's just to prevent that #3 extra roster spot from being abused by using it for a "trick" guy who can come in on situations and do something special.

Like maybe a midget who's real good at snap count and drawing defenders off sides, I don't know.

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Not sure, but Daniels looked really good against the Viqueens. Dude can MOVE for a big guy.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Not sure, but Daniels looked really good against the Viqueens. Dude can MOVE for a big guy.

Yeah... this was brought up after the Pittsburg game. He was trucking around the end on the G Power stuff. His pass protection wasn't great, but it was no coincidence that we ran at will when he was in the game.

UberBroncoMan
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
<table><tbody><tr><td>PR</td> <td>Eddie Royal (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Eddie-Royal/322ea6ea-1729-4298-a34a-f7d00f17904a)</td> <td>Perrish Cox (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Perrish-Cox/928e9f93-f7cd-4931-92a9-af2cfa9df7e9)</td> <td>Matthew Willis (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Matthew-Willis/4ae5c33b-ac70-4942-b8ca-ace74eca4135)</td> </tr> <tr> <td>KR</td> <td>Eddie Royal (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Eddie-Royal/322ea6ea-1729-4298-a34a-f7d00f17904a)</td> <td>Perrish Cox (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Perrish-Cox/928e9f93-f7cd-4931-92a9-af2cfa9df7e9)</td> <td>Matthew Willis (http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Matthew-Willis/4ae5c33b-ac70-4942-b8ca-ace74eca4135)</td></tr></tbody></table>
I thought Squid was the BEST this preseason. Kind of shocked here.

extralife
09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Did Willis even get any time as a returner in the preseason?

gyldenlove
09-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Tim beat my post. I think he's right.

It's just to prevent that #3 extra roster spot from being abused by using it for a "trick" guy who can come in on situations and do something special.

Like maybe a midget who's real good at snap count and drawing defenders off sides, I don't know.

If it wasn't against the rules, having a midget with giant hands would be awesome for goal line plays, you take your biggest backup offensive guard, who then launches the midget who has the ball over the top of the pile.

The only way to defend it would be to get a midget of your own and have a defender launch that midget to intercept the offensive midget and hope you can bounce him away from the end zone.

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Yeah he did stupid ****. With all the **** talking you do, you can't even watch some games or at least check some box scores?

Naggle Nole
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM
If it wasn't against the rules, having a midget with giant hands would be awesome for goal line plays, you take your biggest backup offensive guard, who then launches the midget who has the ball over the top of the pile.

The only way to defend it would be to get a midget of your own and have a defender launch that midget to intercept the offensive midget and hope you can bounce him away from the end zone.

LOL
Midget tossing + football FTW

underrated29
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM

Im more concerned about hunter being listed ahead of moss at olb?

Hunter looked good, as a backup, against backups. After being cut by.....detroit? oh balls.

tsiguy96
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
not sure if this depth chart really means anything at all yet.

extralife
09-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah he did stupid ****. With all the **** talking you do, you can't even watch some games or at least check some box scores?

sure are angry

is it really beyond the realm of possibility that I was asking a question because I was interested in the answer?

Hamrob
09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Quinn 3rd string....

he's gone next year.

Wasted pick.

Hamrob
09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah he did stupid ****. With all the **** talking you do, you can't even watch some games or at least check some box scores?Girl...you're a little bitch!!!

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Hamrob... you damn emo. I think I found your profile on another site.

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7953863330/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/07/07/emo_boy.jpg

How's it like being an emo man? Read your damn posts, all you do is cry and whine with some "happy" posts here and there. Even in game threads you're a damn emo. Acting as if the world is collapsing then the Broncos score on that very possession.

Tell me "man", do you like straightening your hair in the morning? Or is it all natural like an asian girl?

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/upimg5%5CMini-hair-straightener_353585.jpg

****ING BRONCOS!!!!!!! MCDANIELS!!!!!!!

***slits wrists****

Durango
09-06-2010, 09:44 PM
The ultimate stunner is this Jason Hunter coming without the benefit of training camp in Denver and takes away the LB spot everyone thought Jarvis Moss had won. A Detroit cast-off for cryin' out loud. I had always thought if you couldn't earn a job with the Lions, you might be better off working the take-out window at McDonalds. Our LB's are a joke, minus Hagan and Williams. Yikes.

uplink
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
looks like our pass catching option at TE and starting OLB are essentially Lions cuts. Moss must suck to have a DE come in and switch to OLB in a few weeks and then beat him out.

PRBronco
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Wow, gonna be seeing a lot of Jarvis this year.

JCMElway
09-06-2010, 10:50 PM

Hunter looked good, as a backup, against backups. After being cut by.....detroit? oh balls.

I think it's a running vs. passing downs thing. Hunter will be utilized vs. the Run, Moss vs. the pass.

azbroncfan
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I think it's a running vs. passing downs thing. Hunter will be utilized vs. the Run, Moss vs. the pass.

I don't think it is even that Hunter has shown to be better at both when you compare both of their short careers.

extralife
09-06-2010, 11:49 PM
The ultimate stunner is this Jason Hunter coming without the benefit of training camp in Denver and takes away the LB spot everyone thought Jarvis Moss had won. A Detroit cast-off for cryin' out loud. I had always thought if you couldn't earn a job with the Lions, you might be better off working the take-out window at McDonalds. Our LB's are a joke, minus Hagan and Williams. Yikes.

Beating out Jarvis Moss is never a stunner.

baja
09-07-2010, 12:08 AM
We are going to have a rough early season

FireFly
09-07-2010, 12:41 AM

I'm going with this.

IMO Beadles will play LG in the long term.

Also, in the long term we probably need to look at another solution at RT given his injury history.

cutthemdown
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM

They give them all chances in practice i bet. Ones that can catch the ball consistently move up, ones who don't probably don't even get a chance in preseason games.

I doubt there is some player who would be amazing that coaches just overlook on the roster.

Not sure how many of you have tried, but my nephews was punting the ball to us at the park a few weekends ago. He was an avg HS punter. 40 yrd etc. But man they are harder then crap to catch. Catch them every time and even advance ball 10 yrds on a punt like rod smith could and your golden. It's easier said then done though.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Just checked the depth chart. Quinn is listed as #2 ahead of Tebow.
Of course he is, and with both OT's ailing and inexperience in the interior line, we need to sign ANOTHER QB and carry four or even just put some tackling dummies in there in order to keep Tebow from having to play behind this line.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2010, 01:50 AM
I expect improvement out of Ayers this year as well.

Durango
09-07-2010, 06:05 AM
I expect improvement out of Ayers this year as well.

Yes, I agree completely. I apologize for the omission. I like Ayers, and unlike a lot of people here, I liked the draft choice.

Rabb
09-07-2010, 06:24 AM
I am excited about Mays, one of the better moves we made

dude is just 100% motor

Drek
09-07-2010, 06:36 AM

Daniels won it.

To start the Vikings game we ran out what was supposed to be the entire first string to get them a series or two of reps together. Daniels was next to Clady. Can't get a better endorsement than the team choosing Daniels as the guy Clady plays next to in his limited pre-season action. This was done before Harris got hurt.

Now the more important question is if Beadles was effectively pulled back from the starting LG competition because he and Daniels where neck and neck while he and Batiste as a swing tackle clearly are not.

Beadles strikes me as a better pass pro LG, while Daniels is a road grader in the running game. If they're effectively equal put opposite LGs but Beadles happens to also be our best swing T and swing G then we need his versatility on the bench. You let Daniels develop chemistry with the rest of the line at LG and be ready to plug Beadles in as soon as someone goes down. In this case Harris at RT.

TonyR
09-07-2010, 06:36 AM

Why? Hunter had 5 sacks last season in Detroit. How many did Moss have in Denver? Detroit's D-line talent is very good and Hunter was the odd man out.

Dendave
09-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Is it a definite that Knowshon is starting/playing?

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Lions have been drafting high for a long time. It's not difficult to understand that sooner or later the talent will be there. But you keep living the hate dream...

oubronco
09-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I am excited about Mays, one of the better moves we made

dude is just 100% motor

I totally agree!! I'm not like the others i'm excited about this year

oubronco
09-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Is it a definite that Knowshon is starting/playing?

Not sure, he didn't even take the field in preseason, my bet is Buckhalter starts

oubronco
09-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Lions have been drafting high for a long time. It's not difficult to understand that sooner or later the talent will be there. But you keep living the hate dream...

No shyt and we haven't even played a game yet

Jay3
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Looks like McD has confirmed what I was thinking on the QB situation. I don't think this chart represents the decision on 2 versus 3 (whatever that decisions turns out to be).

http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/23256655750

McDaniels: We're not going to name No. 2 quarterback right now. "That's a good question," he said.

CEH
09-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Which Qb of the 3 will be the emerency QB or #3 every week

I don't think it takes too much to see what will happen if you look at what is known. Orton is the starter. Tebow will have specific plays designed for him and will have to be available every week. I don't think Tebow is really for full time work right now but he has to be available every week since you never know exactly what situation the team will find itself in and would it be perfect for Tebow to run his stuff

That leaves Quinn as the #3 QB but the QB that would probably come in if Orton were hurt.

Vegas_Bronco
09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Really I'm not concerned about the QB spot all that much. It's our Oline and RB situation that is really in doubt. Knoshown or Bucky aren't necessarily healthy nor is our line...it's going to be interesting. This is one season that seems to have started way to early for Denver.

The MVPlaya
09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
MaxBroncos

OLB Jason Hunter, working w/ first team, admits "I don't think I'm quite comfortable yet," but says he already prefers 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE.

Jay3
09-07-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16012537?source=rss

Tebow, Quinn vying for Broncos' No. 2 QB spot
By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post
POSTED: 09/07/2010 12:30:00 PM MDT
UPDATED: 09/07/2010 01:00:22 PM MDT

Brady Quinn (9) and Tim Tebow (15) are battling for the Broncos' No. 2 quarterback spot. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, who today began preparing his team for Sunday's opener at Jacksonville, said the competition for the No. 2 quarterback spot remains open.

Tim Tebow, the first-year, Jacksonville-born player from the University of Florida, is competing for the position with former Notre Dame star Brady Quinn.

One of them will be inactive Sunday.

"We're not going to name (the No. 2 QB) right now," McDaniels said during his press conference this morning. "We got three that we like and ... (Tebow and Quinn) are going to compete and we'll try to make the decision that we feel is best on game day for our team, based on how we're going to play the game."

If escaping from the pocket or running the

ALL THINGS BRONCOS BLOG

The Denver Post's NFL reporters post analysis, notes and minutiae on this blog devoted to the Denver Broncos.

Wildhorse offense comes into consideration, Tebow likely will suit up. Tebow and Quinn's preseason passing statistics are comparable, but the 245-pound Tebow offers much more upside with his legs.
Quinn was sacked seven times for 44 yards in 56 preseason passing attempts. Tebow was sacked twice for just 3 yards, although he only attempted 39 passes.

Tebow was Denver's fifth-leading rusher with 31 yards, and he tied for the team lead in yards-per-carry (5.2).

"There's a lot of factors that will go into that," McDaniels said of choosing Orton's backup. "How they practice and how things look during the week will probably play a large role in determining who we name as the No. 2."

McDaniels said playing in Tebow's hometown won't be one of those factors, but if Tebow does win the job, the coach said: "I'll be happy for him; he'll probably ask for more tickets."

Quinn completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 334 yards and one touchdown, with a preseason rating of 73.1. Tebow threw for 344 yards, with two touchdowns, a completion rate of 64.1 and a rating of 88.0.

Read more: Tebow, Quinn vying for Broncos' No. 2 QB spot - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16012537?source=rss#ixzz0ysCGnEy3

Play2win
09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Maybe part of Josh's reasoning to drafting Beadles was for him to be a super-sub. Oline, like running back, seems to have somebody go down every season. If you have a guy, that could come in and play, without much dropoff, that would be a huge asset to the team. Even if the guy never starts (I am not saying this is the case), but could always sub at a high level, he would definitely be worth the pick.

I know our rb's and Olinemen seem to have gotten injured a lot lately, but some of that might just be a sign of the times. If you look at most NFL teams, over the course of the last few years, most will have rb's/olinemen go down every season.

I think its just part of the current climate in the NFL-- you are going to loose some rbs or Olinemen every year. You better have a plan in place when you do.

Kaylore
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Can we get back to the midget thing from page 1?

Jay3
09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I thought the idea of the defense throwing a midget to knock the offensive midget off line seemed a little far-fetched. Clearly, if you had a good midget thrower, you might time the snap count and throw him over the line of scrimmage at the perfect moment, where he would land right on the quarterback and clutch his head like that little alien thing did on people's faces in Alien.

Missouribronc
09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Can we get back to the midget thing from page 1?

No ****.

Does it pay?

:afro:

Jay3
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
And for this to be realistic, the midget-thrower has to be one of your regular roster players, who has practiced and worked on it. Because the emergency qb roster spot would be taken up by the midget himself. You do not have room to take up another roster spot on midget thrower (like the long snapper).

Long snapper might just be the guy to do it. He's already kind of a waste of a spot.

orange 4 life
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Quinn SHOULD be the #2 as far as I'm concerned.
Is he a better option to win?
Debatable for sure.

That said if Orton goes down I think we're sunk either way so I see NO reason to put Tebow in there too soon and let him get knocked around.
I know some here think he could be effective based on his preseason performance but look a little deeper.
Yes he was effective at times but he also made a lot of mistakes, locked in on his primary read, was playing mostly against 2nd and 3rd team players in a vanilla scheme AND had our offense clearly down sized to accommodate him.

That and he wouldn't be the first qb to look promising in preseason but not be ready for the real thing.
If Orton goes down let Quinn lead the sinking ship. Let's just hope Orton stays healthy and if he does get hurt he can gut it out like last season.

orange 4 life
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM

This has me laughing more than I have in a long time so I owe you a big thanks. LOL

Really great stuff. The imagery just keeps me laughing.
I can't get the image of a midget being THROWN over the pile and into the end zone out of my head.
And I'm sure I'm laughing too much to think straight but at present it actually sounds like it might work. Thats part of what makes it so funny!!!
I wanna see a 3 foot tall dude doing the Mile High salute. Ha!

Just make sure he doesn't get stepped on. Okay this is enough. Hilarious!

orange 4 life
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Which Qb of the 3 will be the emerency QB or #3 every week

I don't think it takes too much to see what will happen if you look at what is known. Orton is the starter. Tebow will have specific plays designed for him and will have to be available every week. I don't think Tebow is really for full time work right now but he has to be available every week since you never know exactly what situation the team will find itself in and would it be perfect for Tebow to run his stuff

That leaves Quinn as the #3 QB but the QB that would probably come in if Orton were hurt.

Exactly

Bronco Yoda
09-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure I like this talk about all this throwing us little people around....

OBF1
09-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I like Tebow as our #2..... simple reasoning. As a freshman at Florida, He was #2 behind Chris Leek and came in for several snaps a game from day 1. Not only was he successful, he also gained valuable game time experience that helped him greatly come his sophmore season. Getting any real game time snaps will put him way ahead in his development curve.

uplink
09-08-2010, 05:28 PM

So thats why McD was bringing in all the midget corners.