PDA

View Full Version : Harris out weeks 1-2

UberBroncoMan
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Just reported on 850 KOA that the sprained ankle seems to be worse than initially thought and that he will likely miss the first few weeks of the season.

Go us!

GreatBronco16
09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow, yay us!!!:strong:

WolfpackGuy
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, that's effin great.

BroncoDoug
Awesome!

uplink
bummer

MABroncoFan
09-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I figured it must be bad news if they signed another tackle yesterday, for a total of 10 O-linemen now.

azbroncfan
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Surprise Surprise Harris is hurt.

lostknight
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Another win for our excellent health record this season.

Naggle Nole
09-06-2010, 05:50 PM
All because a practice squad player dives into the back of his legs :pity:
Could be worse I guess
So, Beadles at RT for the first two games with Daniels at LG?

go_broncos
09-06-2010, 05:50 PM
he seems to be injured in every season..
time to look for other options.

Naggle Nole
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
he seems to be injured in every season..
time to look for other options.

More like time to look for better DEPTH
The guy got rolled up on. It's a freak injury, not an indictment

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Hence, the signing of Clark.

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Could be worse I guess

Yeah it was a bummer when Buckhalter was tackled into the back of his legs.

Naggle Nole
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Was it Buckhalter?
I thought it was Bruce Hall
My mistake

go_broncos
09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
More like time to look for better DEPTH
The guy got rolled up on. It's a freak injury, not an indictment

I am not saying he is injury prone.
Something or other happens to him every season.
he is a very talented player.
Unfortunately, he is unable to play full season till now.

Chris
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
****ing faid fans and their voodoo dolls.

Kaylore
09-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm actually surprised it's not worse. Buckhalter rammed himself head first into the back of his knee. At least it's only a few weeks.

OBF1
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
So it begins

Archer81
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I am not saying he is injury prone.
Something or other happens to him every season.
he is a very talented player.
Unfortunately, he is unable to play full season till now.

So...what you are really saying is you believe him to be injury prone. Why the mental gymnastics? If that is what you think, go with it.

:Broncos:

RunSilentRunDeep
09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
With Daniel Graham still nursing the ribs, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a sixth offensive lineman in the TE spot a whole lot in Jax.

brncs_fan
09-06-2010, 06:51 PM
That sucks. I am really pulling for Harris to get off the injury report and stay off this time.

broncosteven
09-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Imagine a Tackle eligible screen play with Tebow as the tackle...

Make it happen Josh!

If not please do not throw to our injured tackles this year please.

Tim
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Sucks for Harris, he seems to plagued with injuries. I hope Zane or D'anthony can maintain the pocket like harris did. Polumbus really hurt the offense last season IMO

RonDaChamp24
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Greaaaat. F***

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not convinced that Clady will play, either.

strafen
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Could be worse I guess
So, Beadles at RT for the first two games with Daniels at LG?Not sure. Beadles plays the left side of the center, LG and LT. At least that's what he played the most in pre-season.
We're pretty thin depth wise at the OL. Chris Clark who we just picked up from the Vikings will most likely man the RT position...

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Not sure. Beadles plays the left side of the center, LG and LT. At least that's what he played the most in pre-season.
We're pretty thin depth wise at the OL. Chris Clark who we just picked up from the Vikings will most likely man the RT position...

I seriously doubt we start a guy at RT that was just signed off the waiver wire. I'm going with Beadles at RT, unless Clady can't go. Then Beadles would be LT with Batiste at RT.

Popps
09-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Surprise Surprise Harris is hurt.

Yea, I hope we're working on a full-time replacement for him. He clearly can't be depended on. Very tired of this stuff.

MABroncoFan
09-06-2010, 07:13 PM

Clark's signing makes me wonder that too. Even w/ Harris out and Beadles starting, we still have Batiste as a reserve tackle. Unless they really liked what they saw of Clark.

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Surprised? This guy is almost always hurt. It is a bummer though. We both tackles pretty much useless to start season Orton will be throwing a ton of screens and quick slants etc etc. Broncos won't be good on offense.

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Oh and the OT the picked up from Waivers is total crap.

strafen
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I seriously doubt we start a guy at RT that was just signed off the waiver wire. I'm going with Beadles at RT, unless Clady can't go. Then Beadles would be LT with Batiste at RT.Good point.
I think Beadles has a bright future here. He's gotten nice opportunities to show his versatility. He plays RT as well. My bad. I thought he just played LG and LT.
Good for him. Also, like you've mentioned, D'Anthony Batiste, could also be the next best candidate if not the one actually playing RT...

_Oro_
09-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm going to go with the, we're just getting the injuries out of the way early so we'll be ready for the stretch run mantra.

BroncoDoug
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
That's one way to look at itI'm going to go with the, we're just getting the injuries out of the way early so we'll be ready for the stretch run mantra.

Hulamau
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
At 300 Harris is our smallest OL as well as most fragile. Good technical player but we need a full time RT stud. Looks like it could be another need posisiton in next years FA/draft along with the DL. ILB and possible RB.

Br0nc0Buster
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I think Beadles might be able to play every position on the line
I think Mayock even said he could play center

Wasnt sure of this pick when they made it, but with Harris always being Hurt and Clady gimpy, it looks like a wise selection

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Clark's signing makes me wonder that too. Even w/ Harris out and Beadles starting, we still have Batiste as a reserve tackle. Unless they really liked what they saw of Clark.

I brought this up yesterday (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93539). I think they were planning on potentially sitting Clady. IMO he was having serious trouble with outside speed rush, and change of direction. I haven't been able to rewatch Clady in his second series, but he looked bad to me on the first series. I don't think that was the consensus, but it's what I saw.

If Clady were to sit -- Beadles would start on the left side, and Batiste would be the backup swing tackle. Now that Harris is out, we don't have a backup. Well... we have a backup in Batiste if Clady can go. The fact that we dropped an OLB (giving us only 3), and added another OT makes me think Clady isn't ready to play.

MABroncoFan
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Any word on practice today ... was there a practice? Interested if guys like Moreno, Graham, and Clady practiced.

ghwk
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
0-16 for sure.

strafen
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I brought this up yesterday (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93539). I think they were planning on potentially sitting Clady. IMO he was having serious trouble with outside speed rush, and change of direction. I haven't been able to rewatch Clady in his second series, but he looked bad to me on the first series. I don't think that was the consensus, but it's what I saw.

If Clady were to sit -- Beadles would start on the left side, and Batiste would be the backup swing tackle. Now that Harris is out, we don't have a backup. Well... we have a backup in Batiste if Clady can go. The fact that we dropped an OLB (giving us only 3), and added another OT makes me think Clady isn't ready to play.

Some of the initial estimations were that Clady would have been out at least until the 6th game of the regular season -give or take- and to see him play in the last game of the pre-season was a shocker to me, and clearly it showed he wasn't 100%.
He needs to sit out and keep rehabbing until he's strong enough to be back on the field...

bpc
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Injury-prone. No surprise.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Some of the initial estimations were that Clady would have been out at least until the 6th game of the regular season -give or take- and to see him play in the last game of the pre-season was a shocker to me, and clearly it showed he wasn't 100%.
He needs to sit out and keep rehabbing until he's strong enough to be back on the field...

I don't think he was ever going to be 100% this year. Not even close. The question is weather or not he can play well enough to be productive without re-injuring his knee. Everything I've read about surgical repair of patellar tendon injuries suggests a recovery time of 6 months.

strafen
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't think he was ever going to be 100% this year. Not even close. The question is weather or not he can play well enough to be productive without re-injuring his knee. Everything I've read about surgical repair of patellar tendon injuries suggests a recovery time of 6 months.Correct, which it would have been on par with the 6th game of the season estimated time for him to be back...

baja
09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't think he was ever going to be 100% this year. Not even close. The question is weather or not he can play well enough to be productive without re-injuring his knee. Everything I've read about surgical repair of patellar tendon injuries suggests a recovery time of 6 months.

People here believe the Hyperbole tank will have him on the field by game 1 and lend a hand in that therapy as much as possible.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
People here believe the Hyperbole tank will have him on the field by game 1 and lend a hand in that therapy as much as possible.

Truer words have literally never been spoken.

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM

"Because the tendon was only 50 percent torn, Clady is expected to be out for three months and will be able to play again in four months, meaning he will likely miss the entire preseason."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14976271

Article dated April 28th.

ZONA
09-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Could be worse I guess

I said the same F'n thing. There was no where left to run, that play was dead, and fuggin idiot dives into his legs for 1 yard more. May have been part of the reason he was cut to be honest. You want talented running backs but not ones that are stupid enough to dive into the backs of their star tackles legs.

I was shocked he wasn't hurt more serious, that looked very bad. I wanted to just kick in that RB's face when he did that.

And anybody saying Harris is injury prone based on this injury is a fuggin retard. Watch the play again before you just spout off at the mouth like an ignorant child like you know something. In fact, it's quite remarkable he wasn't hurt worse. Idiots

strafen
09-06-2010, 08:09 PM
"Because the tendon was only 50 percent torn, Clady is expected to be out for three months and will be able to play again in four months, meaning he will likely miss the entire preseason."

Article dated April 28th.I happened to be listening to Mark Schreleth on the radio describing and explaining this type of injuries. He's the one who said 6 months minimum. To this day, he could still be right on his prediction...

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I happened to be listening to Mark Schreleth on the radio describing and explaining this type of injuries. He's the one who said 6 months minimum. To this day, he could still be right on his prediction...

Based on the fact that he returned to practice and played in a game approximately 4 months from the writing of the article, it appears that he was wrong.

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I said the same F'n thing. There was no where left to run, that play was dead, and fuggin idiot dives into his legs for 1 yard more. May have been part of the reason he was cut to be honest. You want talented running backs but not ones that are stupid enough to dive into the backs of their star tackles legs.

I was shocked he wasn't hurt more serious, that looked very bad. I wanted to just kick in that RB's face when he did that.

And anybody saying Harris is injury prone based on this injury is a fuggin retard. Watch the play again before you just spout off at the mouth like an ignorant child like you know something. In fact, it's quite remarkable he wasn't hurt worse. Idiots

Well the problem is that it was Buckhalter, and he didn't "dive into his legs for 1 yard", he was tackled into him. Some of you guys should watch the games.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM

Article dated April 28th.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1249472-treatment

I think he's at the four month timetable now. What did you think of his play against Minnesota?

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1249472-treatment

I think he's at the four month timetable now. What did you think of his play against Minnesota?

The article you posted is in reference to a complete tear.

I'm guessing that the writer of the article received the recovery info from either the Broncos medical staff, the Steadman Hawkins clinic, or a combination of the two. They said that recovery was 3 months and that it would be 4 months before he could play again, which has proven to be the case.

As for your question...he looked...rusty? Just like any other player who hadn't taken a football snap for the entire preseason, injury or no injury. I would be more worried about how Moreno is going to look against Jacksonville, to be honest.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
The article you posted is in reference to a complete tear.

I'm guessing that the writer of the article received the recovery info from either the Broncos medical staff, the Steadman Hawkins clinic, or a combination of the two. They said that recovery was 3 months and that it would be 4 months before he could play again, which has proven to be the case.

As for your question...he looked...rusty? Just like any other player who hadn't taken a football snap for the entire preseason, injury or no injury. I would be more worried about how Moreno is going to look against Jacksonville, to be honest.

The article was talking about general recovery time for any operative intervention. It didn't differentiate for a 50% tear. There is a paragraph about non-operative intervention for incomplete tears.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think Clady was just rusty.

Hulamau
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
For real though, if we can just go with the 'our injury quota is paid in full this year' thesis we stand to be a surprise team from 5th or 6 game on. Now if we can only squeeze out a 50% first half record somehow ( or 3 - 5 the first 8 might work in a pinch) while getting all the bodies back in motion and fully-gelled on the lines, then I like what the second half story will likely be.

But its all predicated on ...........

1. Kyle staying up-right and continuing with his solid kick-ass plaay of the preseason all year long.
2. The Oline getting healed and right with each other early ... meaning Harris and Clady in bookend form and the three newbies playing like vets by around game 3 or 4 at latest.
3. Some combination of our RBs putting out 140 - 170 yards/game (in a pass dominant offense), preferably with Knowshon leading the pack and either Ball/Brown/Buck ... or all three ... providing solid change of pace relief.
4. DT getting on the field in a big way to start the future years in-the-making legend of Thomas/Decker with a BANG!
5. Combo of Ayers, Moss & Hunter more than making up for Doom's total last year and better setting the edge and in pass coverage ...

6.The new D line 'working' for 16 weeks at or near the level of last year's first 6 weeks.

That should more than do it for this wish list.

Oh, and throw in Tebow making a major contribution to 1 TD per game in a wildcat/cameo role while we're asking for favors. :-) :sunshine:

Steve Sewell
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
The article was talking about general recovery time for any operative intervention. It didn't differentiate for a 50% tear. There is a paragraph about non-operative intervention for incomplete tears.

Ok so let me get this straight...

You are saying that Broncos medical staff and/or one of the world's foremost orthopedic surgeons is lying, and the Broncos are rushing arguably the best LT in the NFL back from a serious knee injury by two months?

I'm not kidding myself either. NFL teams don't practice and have training camp to merely torture their players. The practice to get them back in football shape and re-attuned to the speed of the game. I question whether you've ever played sports if you expect Clady to start practicing for the first time in nearly a year, suit up for a game a few days later, and be his old self right away.

azbroncfan
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM

I got roasted by a couple posters here for saying they should hold Clady out for first 3 games and several guys pulled the your more qualified than Bronco doctors card to. Well like you said everything I read was 6 month recovery time and I doubt they meant 6 month recovery time for playing a professional contact sport too. It was quite obvious the knee was bothering him to me.

Vegas_Bronco
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
This news really makes me want to kick my dog for stinky farts right before I read this...and it's not even the regular season yet. We need some good news for my sanity - don't make me become the man I hate to be and yet love to beat up.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok so let me get this straight...

You are saying that Broncos medical staff and/or one of the world's foremost orthopedic surgeons is lying, and the Broncos are rushing arguably the best LT in the NFL back from a serious knee injury by two months?

I'm not kidding myself either. NFL teams don't practice and have training camp to merely torture their players. The practice to get them back in football shape and re-attuned to the speed of the game. I question whether you've ever played sports if you expect Clady to start practicing for the first time in nearly a year, suit up for a game a few days later, and be his old self right away.

I think he's on an accelerated time table to return. As in, the soonest he can possibly get back even if not remotely close to 100%. They had a plan in place to accomidate Clady if he wasn't ready, but that plan required a healthy Harris. Hence the Clark signing.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 09:10 PM
I got roasted by a couple posters here for saying they should hold Clady out for first 3 games and several guys pulled the your more qualified than Bronco doctors card to. Well like you said everything I read was 6 month recovery time and I doubt they meant 6 month recovery time for playing a professional contact sport too. It was quite obvious the knee was bothering him to me.

If you were to cut your skin, that would take 6 moths to "completely heal" following surgical closure. That's just basic wound healing principles. And by "completely heal," I mean 90% tensile strength compared to the pre-injury state. You cannot open a knee, repair a tendon surgically, close the knee, and have anywhere near 100% tensile strength of even the skin at 4 months. Weather or not the tendon repair is strong enough to withstand the forces generated by Clady is the question. It's a calculated risk.

epicSocialism4tw
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, this sucks.

It wont be fun to lose to the fragglin' Jags.

~Crash~
09-06-2010, 10:38 PM
At 300 Harris is our smallest OL as well as most fragile. Good technical player but we need a full time RT stud. Looks like it could be another need posisiton in next years FA/draft along with the DL. ILB and possible RB.

stop smoking crack Harris is our best Run Blocking O-linemen

Los Broncos
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM

I was just going to say the same thing, not a good start to the season.

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 11:41 PM
I was just going to say the same thing, not a good start to the season.

I can't remember the Broncos ever being this banged up to start a yr.

number 1 and number 2 rb's. Number 3 guy out for yr.

Both OT and really still Kuper probably but at least he will play.

TE all banged up.

Man it just has getting blown out written all over it. How can we even expect our Broncos to compete like that?

I would love it, but I would be really surprised to see us not get eaten alive by the jags.

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 11:43 PM

Kuper IMO more consistently get's to the 2nd level, which IMO is where you really make the money blocks in the run game.

As far as power blocking inside the redzone not sure any of them really distinguished themselves yet.

Harris I have always been sort of lukewarm on but I always considered him above avg. His bkup I have no faith in. Man Orton better get ready to throw the ball quick.

Hulamau
09-07-2010, 02:11 AM

Fully agree, and why we need him or someone like him with more durability on the field for 16 games!

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 05:59 AM

This post is awesome. Some truth, some not... Some humor, some not. Even had a chance to edit it and continues to, "...open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 06:06 AM

Could it be you are emotionally attached to Clady being injured and out for several more weeks due to your original guess? Don't take it so personally Doc. It's probably pretty hard on you. Everytime a player gets injured we ask you, how long will this take... But most of us realize that you are giving us an estimated guess. You don't have the facts or the patient to give a definitive diagnosis. If Clady gets back 6 weeks earlier than you predicted, that's a good thing bro and not some black mark on Dr.B!

Anyhow, I will bet you that Clady is starting next week. Broncos cap from the team store. Deal?

Durango
09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
I think Harris is a terrific RT, if not a little too injury prone, but I also think Beadles demonstrated that he can handle the position at least for the period Harris is out.

Dagmar
09-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Injury-prone. No surprise.

I know right? Stupid SHanahan.

Cool Breeze
09-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure how much time is left on Harris' contract, but this would be a great time for him to show that he can last a whole year. No one is doubting his abilities, but stability is important, and we need more than a scrub backing up this position since the 2nd string is so frequently called upon at right tackle.