Man-Goblin
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Shonn greeen if better.

Their qB is cuter than beavis.

Revis rhymes with beavis.

10-5.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I assume all parties came to their senses, and Revis signed a reasonable deal... right?

OBF1
09-05-2010, 10:12 PM
who really cares??? Go ask them on J-E-T-S.com

BigPlayShay
09-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I assume all parties came to their senses, and Revis signed a reasonable deal... right?

4 years, $46 million with $32 million guaranteed

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Are you shiatting me?

strafen
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Not bad, and very reasonable relatively speaking.
That's about $8 mil a year guaranteed. He's worth the money and given that he's an up and coming star and still young, I think the Jets did real well on this deal.
Best outcome the Jets could've ever hoped to get; all things considered...

SoCalBronco
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Not alot of overall money (well..at least compared with the 160m he wanted), but a ****load of guaranteed cash. The thing is almost 75% guaranteed, actually.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
This is Revis and his great coverage skills
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/esmeralda84_2009/ayrdci.gif

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
It's fuggin crazy to consider 32 mil guaranteed over four years a reasonable deal... but this is a reasonable deal. I'm shocked.

tsiguy96
09-05-2010, 10:28 PM
8 mil/year gauranteed is not bad. we are paying champ like 14 mil this year right?

strafen
09-05-2010, 10:29 PM
8 mil/year gauranteed is not bad. we are paying champ like 14 mil this year right?Exactly!

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Jets organization won with this deal. Didn't realize Revis has 31 deflections last season either, which is insane. Only 4 years? He'll be 29. He better hope he stays healthy and keeps his play up...

SoCalBronco
09-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Jets organization won with this deal. Didn't realize Revis has 31 deflections last season either, which is insane. Only 4 years? He'll be 29. He better hope he stays healthy and keeps his play up...

I don't think they won the deal. This guy got the type of guaranteed money you would expect in a mega 7 year deal all bunched into 4 years. Not only do the Jets NOT get to spread out the guaranteed money over a long time to lower the individual year cap hit, but when the deal runs out, he's only 29 and therefore he probably still has the skills to demand another massive deal. Revis is never going to be in a situation where he's hit the lean years of the contract, where there are no more big payouts and he's playing for 2m per season. He'll never have to worry about that in this deal. He'll ALWAYS be getting paid and he'll be in his prime right when he's a FA, again.

The Jets got a bit of a discount in terms of yearly value (11M vs. Asomugha's 15M), but the structure heavily favors Revis, IMO.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't think they won the deal. This guy got the type of guaranteed money you would expect in a mega 7 year deal all bunched into 4 years. Not only do the Jets NOT get to spread out the guaranteed money over a long time to lower the individual year cap hit, but when the deal runs out, he's only 29 and therefore he probably still has the skills to demand another massive deal. Revis is never going to be in a situation where he's hit the lean years of the contract, where there are no more big payouts and he's playing for 2m per season. He'll never have to worry about that in this deal. He'll ALWAYS be getting paid and he'll be in his prime right when he's a FA, again.

The Jets got a bit of a discount in terms of yearly value (11M vs. Asomugha's 15M), but the structure heavily favors Revis, IMO.

I don't have all the details, and I'm not sure how you do unless you've been watching ESPN.

However, 29 is RIGHT when your prime usually starts to end, so quite possibly that could be a nice contract year, you're right. If he can play well and stay healthy to 29, he'll definitely be able to demand another big contract.

tsiguy96

not really, this was a very fair deal to the team. the guarantees are a base of 8 million per year, nothing for an elite corner. why do you think 8 mil guaranteed for 4 years is such a bad deal for a top 2 corner in the NFL? because 7 year contracts are typically that much guaranteed?

this got him at a discount rate for the jets for teh next 4 years, at which point they can discuss another deal if they need to, or if his play falls off, they dont have to. they are protected either way.

The MVPlaya
Also supposedly the original offer they wanted was 162 mill over 10 years with 40 mill guaranteed or something? And the Jets countered with 120 mill over 10 years with 40 mill guaranteed?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Also supposedly the original offer they wanted was 162 mill over 10 years with 40 mill guaranteed or something? And the Jets countered with 120 mill over 10 years with 40 mill guaranteed?

I thought it was eleventy brazillion over 24 years, with seventy brazillion guaranteed.

IHaveALight
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
I think this deal helps our chances of keeping Champ next year.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Derrelle Revis is the best corner in the league right now. The fact that the Jets didn't have to even get near that Aso deal tells me they got a good deal. We're just talking about this deal ONLY.

Then when the next contract is up, we'll see what happens then.

strafen
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM

The Jets got a bit of a discount in terms of yearly value (11M vs. Asomugha's 15M), but the structure heavily favors Revis, IMO.When you consider that Revis wanted to be the highest paid corner, or was it the best paid player? Anyway, the Jets won this one. He's not the highest paid corner or player in the NFL for that matter, but he did make a nice bank, however...

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I think this deal helps our chances of keeping Champ next year.

Exactly.

This contract is much better for the other corners of the league that are due a new contract soon. (from a team perspective).

Honestly, to come out of this with only 46 million total is a bargain for the Jets. Would you rather have signed Revis to a mega deal of 7-10 myear with near 100 mill or 100 mill+?

They also have Kyle Wilson, a 1st round draft pick CB... a nice insurance and prospect they can build upon.

baja
09-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Average teachers annual salary in the USA = $40,000

Something wrong here?

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:50 PM

Something wrong here?

lol yeah, morally, but not economically in a capitalist country.

Lev Vyvanse
09-05-2010, 10:51 PM
not really, this was a very fair deal to the team. the guarantees are a base of 8 million per year, nothing for an elite corner. .

Name another player that is getting 8mil per year guaranteed.(apart from Asomugha)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM

And yet, so many children can't read or write.

I'd say that causes some problems in a capitalist country.

SoCalBronco
09-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Something wrong here?

No...well, at least not on Revis's end. One can certainly make the case for a teacher being paid for than $ 40,000.00 per year because of the importance of their job to the nation, but I don't think you can say this means Revis is grossly overpaid.

Here's why:

There is no exclusive way of establishing value. For example, if I make (and sell) 2 million worth of widgets per year and get a salary of 300,000.00 one could say a teacher should be paid more because who cares about widgets and teaching kids is inherently valuable. Well, it is inherently valuable, but no matter what you think about the type of product or service that I made, the fact is, it brought in 2 million dollars and that's value, so a salary fo 300,000.00 is not unreasonable. Same with a football player. The big names bring in big money, so they are worth big money. Peyton Manning just throws a football and Michael Jordan just shot hoops, not things that are inherently important, but no one can dispute they brought in hundreds of millions to their franchise during their careers, so they were worth what they were paid. That's a perfectly good way to establish value of services, too. No one way is controlling, IMO.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Something wrong here?

Yeah, they'd make more if they worked all year and didn't have compulsory union dues.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 10:57 PM
And yet, so many children can't read or write.

I'd say that causes some problems in a capitalist country.

Many children CAN read and write too. There is problems in every type of country.

I mean really what are you going to do? Pay public school teachers (non college) 200 grand a year? There would be an overload, the job requirements aren't much and it's not a hard job as far as skill requirement.

A professional sports athlete will always generate more money, so what are you going to do? not pay the athlete and take this money and put it where it's morally right? There won't be great athletes anymore.

strafen
09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Name another player that is getting 8mil per year guaranteed.(apart from Asomugha)Champ Bailey got $13 mill this year. $9.5 mill in salary and $3.5 mill in bonuses.
I'm not sure how much of Bailey's $63 mil contract is guaranteed, but he did get $23 mil in bonuses...

baja
09-05-2010, 11:09 PM

I understand the cost vs profit aspect.

I think it does speak to our values and will over time have a much more serious impact on the overall quality of life in the USA

Lev Vyvanse
09-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Champ Bailey got $13 mill this year. $9.5 mill in salary and $3.5 mill in bonuses.
I'm not sure how much of Bailey's $63 mil contract is guaranteed, but he did get $23 mil in bonuses...

So thats one thats NOT getting 8mil per year guaranteed. Instead of a process of elimination maybe we should stick to the original premise.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
michaelombardi (http://twitter.com/michaelombardi)
Dont forget Revis had 20 milliion comng after this year for2 years.so 46 for four will depend on structure...Credit Rex for selling the deal

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)
By missing 35 days, Revis accrued $578,305 in fines. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, Jets fold that money into the new contract.

Revis24 (http://twitter.com/Revis24)
it not has only been hard on u guys but it has for me too. I just want to tell yall that I'm sorry for this process ... http://tmi.me/14DRO

Dr. Broncenstein
09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I understand the cost vs profit aspect.

I think it does speak to our values and will over time have a much more serious impact on the overall quality of life in the USA

I'm kind of torn on the issue. I don't think that money / wealth is a zero sum entity. But I do think we are chipping away at a zero sum morality entity with deals like this.

strafen
09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
So thats one thats NOT getting 8mil per year guaranteed. Instead of a process of elimination maybe we should stick to the original premise.

To tell you the truth, I searched for the specifics of his contract. I couldn't find any details on it.
I'm too curious as to how much of that was guaranteed...

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm kind of torn on the issue. I don't think that money / wealth is a zero sum entity. But I do think we are chipping away at a zero sum morality entity with deals like this.

It is not zero sum as it is "supposed" to be.

I don't think this deal has anything to do with zero sum, either.

Clockwork Orange
09-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Pretty fair price for the best corner in the NFL.

boltaneer
09-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Exactly.

This contract is much better for the other corners of the league that are due a new contract soon. (from a team perspective).

Honestly, to come out of this with only 46 million total is a bargain for the Jets. Would you rather have signed Revis to a mega deal of 7-10 myear with near 100 mill or 100 mill+?

They also have Kyle Wilson, a 1st round draft pick CB... a nice insurance and prospect they can build upon.

The total amount is irrelevant as it can be full of 'funny money'. The percentage of guaranteed money is the key, especially with such a short contract and 75% is insane! Someone above made a great point that when this contract is up, he'll be due for an even bigger mega contract (assuming he keeps his level of play up).

Even though Revis didn't get what he originally wanted, the Jets caved big time IMO.

Play2win
09-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Education is the Life-Blood of any nation.

The MVPlaya
09-05-2010, 11:56 PM
The total amount is irrelevant as it can be full of 'funny money'. The percentage of guaranteed money is the key, especially with such a short contract and 75% is insane! Someone above made a great point that when this contract is up, he'll be due for an even bigger mega contract (assuming he keeps his level of play up).

Even though Revis didn't get what he originally wanted, the Jets caved big time IMO.

Considering Revis wanted Asomugha money, I don't think they "caved" at all.

All over twitter and media is talking about how Rex flew to Florida and sold him this contract...

boltaneer
09-06-2010, 01:07 AM
They were never going to pay him Asomugha money because Al Davis signed him to one of the craziest contracts in history. But the Raiders have to overpay to keep their talent there.

No one is that crazy, maybe except for Daniel Snyder.

Traveler
09-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Don't be surprised if Revis gets injured. Seems like it always happens after holdout like this occur.

Drek
09-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Considering Revis wanted Asomugha money, I don't think they "caved" at all.

All over twitter and media is talking about how Rex flew to Florida and sold him this contract...

Yes, because the media has Rex's dick jammed just as far down their throats as they possibly can. Mostly because he's an outspoken idiot who gives them good copy.

Revis had two years left on his deal. Him holding out sacrificed the bonuses that would've pushed the overall value to $20M.

Instead he's effectively gotten a two year extension that added more than 50% more guananteed money and more than doubled his salary. It also makes him a free agent at a pretty prime age to get another monster deal.

So Revis:
Gets paid now instead of later.

Gets guaranteed more money than anyone with the exception of the single worst deal ever signed in the NFL (Asomougha).

Gets significantly more money than he would've made if he just played it out.

Only sacrificed two additional years of service.

All in all a pretty big win for a guy who had two more years on his deal still. The media can sell it however they want, Revis held their toes to the fire and got a real nice pay day. $11.5M a year with $8M guaranteed. He'll likely see all $46M even if he sucks now because so much cash is already owed him.

gunns
09-06-2010, 05:22 AM
There would be an overload, the job requirements aren't much and it's not a hard job as far as skill requirement.

Please tell me you are kidding, this was sarcasm. It's early, it's hard to tell.

not pay the athlete and take this money and put it where it's morally right? There won't be great athletes anymore.

No, maybe there would be athletes that play hard for love of the game. No, I don't blame these athletes for getting theirs, it's just ridiculous that there are those that give that kind of money to them. I guess that's where the idiocy lies.

Gort
09-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Yeah, they'd make more if they worked all year and didn't have compulsory union dues.

the whiners are also forgetting that the NFL is a meritocracy. Revis is being paid what he's being paid because he's BETTER at his position than almost every other player at his position.

teachers unions have removed that whole concept from how teachers are paid in government schools. if teachers were paid like the NFL, the best teachers would be making much more than $40K, and the worst teachers would be fired. in many places, it's practically impossible to fire incompetent teachers because of the teachers unions. these BAD teachers continue to taint their schools and suck at the taxpayer teet for years and years because its so hard to get rid of them.

http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/getting-rid-of-bad-teachers/

imagine if NFL training camps had to go through that to cut a player...

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2010, 06:39 AM

Something wrong here?

1. The "average" teacher in this country is a moron.

2. Do you belong to and post on teaching message boards daily?

bowtown
09-06-2010, 07:15 AM
I thought it was eleventy brazillion over 24 years, with seventy brazillion guaranteed.

I have my yearly performance review coming up in a month, and this is roughly what I'll be asking for. Fingers crossed, hope it goes well!

tsiguy96
09-06-2010, 07:49 AM
cant believe revis had the balls to say hes sorry for this holdout and it was hard on him. what a ****ing piece of **** liar. that disgusts me. if hes gonna hold otu because hes that greedy, hes not the first. but to publicly announce that hes sorry for doing it and it was hard on him, when he had 3 years on his contract? what a BS slap in the face to the rest of the country.

maybe he should find out what its like to actually live a hard life.

rmsanger
09-06-2010, 08:25 AM

Something wrong here?

There are a million+ people in this country that can teach little Timmy to use his 1 step above a monkey brain. Teach him how to read a letter or count his little digits, BFD.

Only 1 or 2 people in this world can play CB at the level of Revis. Supply and demand my friend, teachers are just 'ordinary'.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
I have my yearly performance review coming up in a month, and this is roughly what I'll be asking for. Fingers crossed, hope it goes well!

http://tracymueller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ben-affleck-good-will-hunting-job-interview-300x225.jpg

Make sure to tell them that nobody works in this town without a retainer.

Mr. Elway
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Did you know that the average software programmer earns only $80,000 per year? This seems insanely unfair when compared to the money Revis is now making, and he has contributed nothing whatsoever to our nation's code, which is way more important to our future than some game.

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Did you know the average burger flipper earns only $7.25 an hour? This seems insanely unfair when compared to the money Revis is now making, and he has contributed nothing whatsoever to our nation's nutrition, which is way more important to our future than some game.

Archer81
09-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Did you know the average burger flipper earns only $7.25 an hour? This seems insanely unfair when compared to the money Revis is now making, and he has contributed nothing whatsoever to our nation's nutrition, which is way more important to our future than some game.

Sarcasm...devious mistress.

:Broncos:

baja
09-06-2010, 10:31 AM
1. The "average" teacher in this country is a moron.

2. Do you belong to and post on teaching message boards daily?

1. See what 40 grand buys!

2. No (are you calling me a moran? ;D

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Revis may end up one of those never show up on time guys. Who knows maybe a one time thing.

Sometimes where your that good you can just step on the field and go. He seems so natural to me. I bet he's a stud from the first whistle.

Jet's have a good defense.

cutthemdown
09-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Did you know that the average software programmer earns only $80,000 per year? This seems insanely unfair when compared to the money Revis is now making, and he has contributed nothing whatsoever to our nation's code, which is way more important to our future than some game.

LOL are you serious? It's not what is more important, it's what generates more revenue. Problem is you can find 1000's of men and women smart enough to write computer code. It takes an aptitude, hard work, some school probably, etc etc. You could send whole world to try out for college football, try to make it to pros, and very few can. That's why.

Now go write me a program that can help me decide how much to bet on the river, out of position, with crappy pocket 10's for 3rd time in a row. Flop is k 8 7 rainbowed.

That One Guy
09-06-2010, 10:36 AM
No, maybe there would be athletes that play hard for love of the game. No, I don't blame these athletes for getting theirs, it's just ridiculous that there are those that give that kind of money to them. I guess that's where the idiocy lies.

Why do athletes have to play for the love of the game while everyone cries about teachers needing more money? Why can't teachers teach for the love of teaching?

Everyone should worry more about bringing the salaries of superstars down to more reasonable numbers than worrying about who else should get more money. Last year, I finally accomplished my goal of not spending a single extra dollar on NFL. No hats, no shirts, no tickets, nothing. I watched games that were on channels I already receive so they made money off me most likely but I did not spend a single penny more than if I had not watched the game. If you can't say the same thing, you're part of the problem and have noone to blame but yourself.

Until there's not a years upon years waiting list to give the NFL team of choice your money so you can out-fan someone else, the system will continue to be all sorts of screwed up and there's noone to blame but those superfans.

Mr. Elway
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
LOL are you serious? It's not what is more important, it's what generates more revenue. Problem is you can find 1000's of men and women smart enough to write computer code. It takes an aptitude, hard work, some school probably, etc etc. You could send whole world to try out for college football, try to make it to pros, and very few can. That's why.

Now go write me a program that can help me decide how much to bet on the river, out of position, with crappy pocket 10's for 3rd time in a row. Flop is k 8 7 rainbowed.

Here is your code: 1001110001110010100101111100100101010100100100101

You owe me $40 million.

RhymesayersDU
09-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Why do athletes have to play for the love of the game while everyone cries about teachers needing more money? Why can't teachers teach for the love of teaching?

Everyone should worry more about bringing the salaries of superstars down to more reasonable numbers than worrying about who else should get more money. Last year, I finally accomplished my goal of not spending a single extra dollar on NFL. No hats, no shirts, no tickets, nothing. I watched games that were on channels I already receive so they made money off me most likely but I did not spend a single penny more than if I had not watched the game. If you can't say the same thing, you're part of the problem and have noone to blame but yourself.

Until there's not a years upon years waiting list to give the NFL team of choice your money so you can out-fan someone else, the system will continue to be all sorts of screwed up and there's noone to blame but those superfans.

Currently, three American terrestrial television networks CBS ($3.73B), NBC ($3.6B) and Fox ($4.27B), as well as cable television's ESPN ($8.8B) are paying a combined total of $20.4 billion to broadcast NFL games through the 2011 season for CBS, Fox, and NBC and through 2013 for ESPN.

You may not have opened your wallet, but ratings and advertising space drive those figures up every year. So to say that you're taking some stand against the NFL is ludicrous.

But hey, at least you passed on the $25 hat. Take that, NFL!

Rock Chalk
09-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Derrelle Revis is the best corner in the league right now. The fact that the Jets didn't have to even get near that Aso deal tells me they got a good deal. We're just talking about this deal ONLY.

Then when the next contract is up, we'll see what happens then.

I dont think so.

Revis is benefitting from a very formiddable front 7. Champ had a better year statistically than Revis ever will in 2005 with what really amounts to a good LB corp and a sub-par front 4.

I dont think Revis is the best corner in the NFL. Right now I think Asomugha is an Champ is still second. What Champ has lost in speed has has more than made up for with experience.

That One Guy
09-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Currently, three American terrestrial television networks CBS ($3.73B), NBC ($3.6B) and Fox ($4.27B), as well as cable television's ESPN ($8.8B) are paying a combined total of $20.4 billion to broadcast NFL games through the 2011 season for CBS, Fox, and NBC and through 2013 for ESPN.

You may not have opened your wallet, but ratings and advertising space drive those figures up every year. So to say that you're taking some stand against the NFL is ludicrous.

But hey, at least you passed on the $25 hat. Take that, NFL!

I enjoy the product, I'm not opposed to them making some money. The networks that pay the most are the basic cable companies. By having basic cable, I contribute some money to the pool but I don't mind that.

Just saying those who are paying $75 per game to buy season tickets, $100+ to wear a jersey, etc. That adds up quick. How can you spend all that extra money and then complain about the money the players are making? You could've watched it at home for free, most likely.

Again, it's my position and mine alone. Just don't wait in line for the opportunity to throw more money at them and then complain about how much they're making.

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I dont think so.

Revis is benefitting from a very formiddable front 7. Champ had a better year statistically than Revis ever will in 2005 with what really amounts to a good LB corp and a sub-par front 4.

I dont think Revis is the best corner in the NFL. Right now I think Asomugha is an Champ is still second. What Champ has lost in speed has has more than made up for with experience.

Everyone needs a decent front 7 to perform well. You can't knock on a guy for doing well in a system. It's like telling me you don't think Manning and Brady aren't that good because they have good talent around them.

Derrelle Revis' 31 pass deflections last year might of been a record of when they started keeping track of it. I went as far back as the 90's and couldn't find anyone with as much. I'm not sure if you've seen Revis play but it's really hard to say he's NOT the best right now. Champ had a better season in 2005 has nothing to do with what is right now.

I mean, the man said it himself....

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey has long been considered one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. But Bailey says he has to admit that he's not the best in the league. Darrelle Revis is.

"I was reluctant to give it to anybody because I thought I was the best," Bailey said when asked about Revis on 104.3 the Fan. "But I've got to give it to him. He's better than anyone right now."

The MVPlaya
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes, because the media has Rex's dick jammed just as far down their throats as they possibly can. Mostly because he's an outspoken idiot who gives them good copy.

Revis had two years left on his deal. Him holding out sacrificed the bonuses that would've pushed the overall value to $20M.

Instead he's effectively gotten a two year extension that added more than 50% more guananteed money and more than doubled his salary. It also makes him a free agent at a pretty prime age to get another monster deal.

So Revis:
Gets paid now instead of later.

Gets guaranteed more money than anyone with the exception of the single worst deal ever signed in the NFL (Asomougha).

Gets significantly more money than he would've made if he just played it out.

Only sacrificed two additional years of service.

All in all a pretty big win for a guy who had two more years on his deal still. The media can sell it however they want, Revis held their toes to the fire and got a real nice pay day. $11.5M a year with $8M guaranteed. He'll likely see all $46M even if he sucks now because so much cash is already owed him.

I don't think anyone said Revis isn't coming out with a nice contract.

However, I think we all agree that Revis got paid what he probably deserves moreso than raping the Jets. Hence why I think the Jets holding out on Revis got Revis to cave in with a smaller contract at the end of the day than he originally wanted.

Inkana7
09-06-2010, 12:05 PM
There are a million+ people in this country that can teach little Timmy to use his 1 step above a monkey brain. Teach him how to read a letter or count his little digits, BFD.

Only 1 or 2 people in this world can play CB at the level of Revis. Supply and demand my friend, teachers are just 'ordinary'.

Obviously you've never experienced a good teacher nor a bad one. I guess all your teachers were just 'ordinary'.

KevinJames
09-06-2010, 12:13 PM

Something wrong here?

No considering most teachers are really bad.ROFL!

Breck Bronc
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I dont think so.

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

baja
09-06-2010, 04:32 PM
No considering most teachers are really bad.ROFL!

Airline pilots make even less how do you feel about that when you fly?

Drek
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't think anyone said Revis isn't coming out with a nice contract.

However, I think we all agree that Revis got paid what he probably deserves moreso than raping the Jets. Hence why I think the Jets holding out on Revis got Revis to cave in with a smaller contract at the end of the day than he originally wanted.

The straight salary is fair. The guaranteed is what's the real problem. The Jets have given up the single biggest edge NFL teams have over players, flexibility. If you're giving out that kind of guarantee you need to be making it up on the total dollar amount. Considering that they had 2 years left on his rookie deal so he wasn't getting top CB money, but they gave him pretty damn close.