PDA

View Full Version : Champ's status here?

Gort
08-16-2010, 12:58 PM
some a-hole on a Ravens board (i know, that's redundant) is claiming that Champ wants out of Denver and wants to go to a contender. the Ravens fans think that the Ravens are entitled to a superbowl visit this year (dumb Ravens fans) and are hoping that they can fleece Denver in a trade and get Champ for much less than he's worth.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=261704

i know it sounds preposterous, but the OP claims that the rumor comes straight from some radio show in Denver (The Fan). i don't listen to sports radio, so i was wondering, is there any smoke here? i figured that Champ was likely to end his career here, but McD has ripped the team down to its foundations and we are looking at a couple more years of rebuilding in all likelihood.

Rabb
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I saw an article on the Sun that said Goodman was the rumor, but it was more "this would make sense" than anything.

oubronco
08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
I saw an article on the Sun that said Goodman was the rumor, but it was more "this would make sense" than anything.

That's the same thing I read, it was Goodman

crush17
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Neither one of them are going anywhere. please.

Kaylore
08-16-2010, 01:26 PM
It was Goodman, but it wasn't that he wanted to leave so much as with Cox coming on they were open to trading Goodman since the Ravens are desperate. FYI multiple sources, official and off the record, have confirmed Bailey wants to stay here if he can and if they will let him slide over to FS.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Champ is on a contract year, so you will see him destroy worlds this season.

DomCasual
08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow. Baltimore fans are kind of dumb.

24champ
08-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Kind of?

Houshyamama
08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
All kinds of retarded going on in that thread. No use trying to dissuade them, Inception has already been performed... it didn't even take going three levels deep.

oubronco
08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
It was Goodman, but it wasn't that he wanted to leave so much as with Cox coming on they were open to trading Goodman since the Ravens are desperate. FYI multiple sources, official and off the record, have confirmed Bailey wants to stay here if he can and if they will let him slide over to FS.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Champ is on a contract year, so you will see him destroy worlds this season.

and he wants paid big too

Chris
08-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Champ wants a ring more than getting paid. He's said it himself. That will "complete" his career.

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Most people from Maryland are stupid.

crush17
08-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Most people from Maryland are stupid.

Yeah, remember the youtube video that some Broncos fan posted last season about him getting kicked out of the Raven's stadium for cheering for the Broncos?

Garcia Bronco
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, remember the youtube video that some Broncos fan posted last season about him getting kicked out of the Raven's stadium for cheering for the Broncos?

I have gotten in an argument with Ravens Fans in that stadium. Danny Kanell screwed me. It was also Mobley's last game.

missingnumber7
08-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Your talking about a fanbase that had a team literally leave in the middle of the night, and then said..yea...we'll take the browns.

Hogan11
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM

It was great to see him shut down the ahole diva squad last night

theAPAOps5
08-16-2010, 04:16 PM
That is the worse attempt at Travishamockery I have ever seen!

orange 4 life
08-16-2010, 04:25 PM

This.

And hope all is well Kaylore. You gonna go to BYU vs. Air Force on 9/11?
Should be a fun game and someone in my ward got us $5 tickets (for military appreciation) so you can't beat that!!
Go Cougars!!

orange 4 life
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Yes they are. :)

Right up there with U of U fans. Ha!

24champ
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
This.

And hope all is well Kaylore. You gonna go to BYU vs. Air Force on 9/11?
Should be a fun game and someone in my ward got us $5 tickets (for military appreciation) so you can't beat that!!
Go Cougars!!

Go anyone vs BYU. :wave:

Hercules Rockefeller
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Ok . . . and?

The guy has been All-World since he got here, he's earned it.

Gort
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM

he's been well compensated in Denver so far... 7 years, $63M.

that might not be enough to cover Brandon Marshall's legal fees, or Javon Walker's bar tab in vegas, but that's still a pretty nice chunk of change.

:D

broncosteven
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
. FYI multiple sources, official and off the record

Kuper slip something?

LOL

eddie mac
08-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Based on last nights performances by our reserve CB's I think McDaniels would certainly veto any trade offers for Goodman unless they were totally overvalued. If anything I think we might be on the phone to Ty Law about coming back.

24champ
08-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Ok . . . and?

The guy has been All-World since he got here, he's earned it.

No kidding. Champ earned every penny of it.

The guy went through 100 defensive coordinators with Denver and didn't complain about any of the constant changes. He's the consummate professional and he produces. Not sure what others want from him. :ouwknow:

SoCalBronco
08-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Kuper slip something?

LOL

Yeah....I was gonna say...pillow talk with Chris Kuper? ROFL!

This will be an interesting negotiation. Champ will argue he's going to be a Top 5 CB for another 4 years and should be paid as such, before the salaries decline to top end safety level (from top end CB level). The team will argue he should be paid as a Top 5 CB for only 2 more years and after that it should be at the safety level. Another important factor in this is Tebow's development (no seriously). If Orton has a good year and Tebow still isn't seasoned enough to take over, it may force the team to choose between franchising Orton or Bailey, which will increase the latter's leverage.

Chris
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM

This will be an interesting negotiation. Champ will argue he's going to be a Top 5 CB for another 4 years and should be paid as such, before the salaries decline to top end safety level (from top end CB level). The team will argue he should be paid as a Top 5 CB for only 2 more years and after that it should be at the safety level. Another important factor in this is Tebow's development (no seriously). If Orton has a good year and Tebow still isn't seasoned enough to take over, it may force the team to choose between franchising Orton or Bailey, which will increase the latter's leverage.

This is a good point.

elsid13
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM

I can not believe you just put "franchising" and "Orton" in the same sentence. Beside when Cassell is cut in KC, I am sure McDaniels will bring him over.

SoCalBronco
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
I can not believe you just put "franchising" and "Orton" in the same sentence. Beside when Cassell is cut in KC, I am sure McDaniels will bring him over.

I don't like the idea of it, either, but if Tebow needs one more year to develop (besides this year), I'd much rather just franchise Orton rather than give him a long term deal. I really really really want to avoid doing that at any cost. It's nice that he's efficient and all, but we didn't draft Tebow for no reason and I tire at seeing his physical limitations. He's turned himself into a decent player and I appreciate that, so if we have to give him a nice one year salary, he's probably earned it based on two years of hard work for us, but really, I'm looking forward to the Tebow era at this point.

elsid13
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't like the idea of it, either, but if Tebow needs one more year to develop (besides this year), I'd much rather just franchise Orton rather than give him a long term deal. I really really really want to avoid doing that at any cost. It's nice that he's efficient and all, but we didn't draft Tebow for no reason and I tire at seeing his physical limitations. He's turned himself into a decent player and I appreciate that, so if we have to give him a nice one year salary, he's probably earned it based on two years of hard work for us, but really, I'm looking forward to the Tebow era at this point.

I just can not see franchising Orton. I rather start the "future now" then waste large salary on that guy that going away.

WolfpackGuy
08-16-2010, 07:11 PM

The worst.

Pretty much goes for that area in general.

broncosteven
08-16-2010, 07:19 PM

I do think if Orton keeps his level of play up it will be a nice problem to have. Tebow looked like a raw rookie who needs more reps. I want to see what Orton does without a run game to relieve pressure though before we talk about franchise tags.