PDA

View Full Version : One thing is certain (and I can't believe I am saying it)

Denver724
08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
If Orton goes down we are in deep ***t.

OABB
08-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Um.... Tebow.... Duh.

theAPAOps5
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I would feel more comfortable with Tebow than Quinn at this point. Tebow has some zip on his passes but has a ways to go. Quinn just sucks arse.

bronco militia
08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
when Orton goes down we are in deep ***t.

fixed it Ha!

eddie mac
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
What like we were last year too???

Gimme a break, the majority of teams in this league lose their starting QB and they're ****ed. Aside from the Pats a couple of years ago.

Gcver2ver3
08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
If Orton goes down we are in deep ***t.

very true...

Gcver2ver3
08-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Gimme a break, the majority of teams in this league lose their starting QB and they're ****ed. Aside from the Pats a couple of years ago.

very true...

Kaylore
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Exactly. Name an NFL team that can lose their starting QB and not be screwed.

Bronco Rob
08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Tee bow has the Pocket Presence of a lawn jockey.

:yayaya:

TD30
08-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Why did we dump brandstater

Popps
08-15-2010, 07:16 PM
We're lucky to have Orton. Been saying that for a while.

Beantown Bronco
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
jhns is gonna love this thread

Gcver2ver3
08-15-2010, 07:19 PM
tebow...8-13 for 105 yds, no ints and a rushing TD...

thats not even including tebow had two tds dropped...

Dukes
08-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I definitly feel more comfortable with Tebow than Quinn, and thats keeping my Tebowner out of it.

snowspot66
08-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Us....

in 1998...

lostknight
08-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I would feel more comfortable with Tebow than Quinn at this point. Tebow has some zip on his passes but has a ways to go. Quinn just sucks arse.

That first pass that Willis dropped was as nice a pass as I've seen in preason the last few years.

OBF1
08-15-2010, 07:41 PM
If Peyton goes down they are in deep ***t.

Fixed it, and what a great comment..... idiot

Rock Chalk
08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
tebow...8-13 for 105 yds, no ints and a rushing TD...

thats not even including tebow had two tds dropped...

Tebow did OK but you do have to remember the talent level on his side of the ball and the other side of the ball isn't starting NFL talent either. He's still very VERY raw out there and if Orton goes down Tebow is our second best option and that is NOT encouraging at all.

Quinn is horrendous though. I think I'd rather have Simms to be honest and I hated Simms.

Rohirrim
08-15-2010, 07:44 PM
There's got to be some old out-of-work vet out there we could trade out for Quinn.

lostknight
08-15-2010, 07:46 PM
There's got to be some old out-of-work vet out there we could trade out for Quinn.

You think the browns will give us Hillis back?

Bigdawg26
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the one thing that is certain is that QUINN AINT SH!T!!!!

listopencil
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Quinn is horrendous though. I think I'd rather have Simms to be honest and I hated Simms.

Maybe McD signed Simms just to give Tebow someone to beat for the #2 spot. Kind of like "You have to be this tall to ride this ride".

lostknight
08-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Bear in mind also, the improvement that we've seen from opening of camp to tonight is pretty staggering from Tebow. First time against opponents who actually were able to tackle him. It's a good start so far.

Gort
08-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Quinn is horrendous though.

Reggie Rivers is right about this guy. he has the size. he has the arm strength. he came from a pro-style college offense. his college coach was a former pro coach. he's in his 4th year now, right? why can't he seem to put everything together? i was unimpressed by Quinn, considering his time in the league and that he's a former 1st round pick. if anyone in the NFL could benefit from a QB mentor, it's this guy. otherwise, he's gonna end up like washing out of the league as a career backup who never lived up to his ability.

Gcver2ver3
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Tebow did OK but you do have to remember the talent level on his side of the ball and the other side of the ball isn't starting NFL talent either. He's still very VERY raw out there and if Orton goes down Tebow is our second best option and that is NOT encouraging at all.

if there weren't so many circumstances added to it, i'd agree he did just ok...

but considering he had poor protection, no run game, poor receiver play, and it was his first ever action...i give him him a higher grade than just ok...

with that said, i already agreed that if orton went down we're screwed...

Rock Chalk
08-15-2010, 07:59 PM
if there weren't so many circumstances added to it, i'd agree he did just ok...

but considering he had poor protection, no run game, poor receiver play, and it was his first ever action...i give him him a higher grade than just ok...

with that said, i already agreed that if orton went down we're screwed...

Yes but the other team's QB did OK too and he had the same exact liabilities that Tebow had. So its relative.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Orton: The Bronco We Can Least Afraid to Lose. It's that simple. The difference was night and ****ing day between Orton and anyone else.

Gcver2ver3
08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Yes but the other team's QB did OK too and he had the same exact liabilities that Tebow had. So its relative.

the bengals o-line swalled our defense...

plus i didnt see much blitzing by us until late in the game...the bengals blitzed plenty from what i saw...i don't see it as the same at all...this was tebows first ever game action...

a relative comparison is to sam bradford IMO...

Archer81
08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
First preseason game. Starters looked good, which was the point.

:Broncos:

ColoradoDarin
08-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Orton looked good!

Quinn looked like Orton circa 2009 preseason. AKA learning the playbook/reads.

Tebow looked like a rook going against other 3rd/4th stringers. Some flashes, but I did see the old throwing motion on a couple of passes.

gyldenlove
08-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Orton his head and shoulders above the other 2 right now, his pocket presence is great and he really looks calm out there. You can tell the other guys respect the beard he has going on, Tebow is even trying to emulate it.

pdvd23
08-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Quin terrible maybe, but if anyone honestly thinks we brought that guy in to be the starting qb is ignorant. Orton is gone after this year, no way we sign him, and good riddance. Who ever gets jacked up to see Orton's noodle arm and says he is the only hope for this team or season I feel sorry for you. Tebow is McDaniels' Brady and Quin is his career back up. Orton is the equivalent of Griese, great rating but will never bring a team back and will eventually kill our receivers. Tebow starting by game 6.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Orton looked good!

Tebow looked like a rook going against other 3rd/4th stringers. Some flashes, but I did see the old throwing motion on a couple of passes.

Correction: Quinn looked like Simms. Like dog ****. Like poop. Like scat.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Quin terrible maybe, but if anyone honestly thinks we brought that guy in to be the starting qb is ignorant. Orton is gone after this year, no way we sign him, and good riddance. Who ever gets jacked up to see Orton's noodle arm and says he is the only hope for this team or season I feel sorry for you. Tebow is McDaniels' Brady and Quin is his career back up. Orton is the equivalent of Griese, great rating but will never bring a team back and will eventually kill our receivers. Tebow starting by game 6.

As a Bronco fan, I sincerely hope you're wrong. No WAY is Tebow ready by week 6.

strafen
08-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Bear in mind also, the improvement that we've seen from opening of camp to tonight is pretty staggering from Tebow. First time against opponents who actually were able to tackle him. It's a good start so far.I liked what I saw.
Rough on the edges, but it was exactly what I thought he would be in terms of intensity and drive to play hard.
Give him more time and seasoning. He clearly deserved the number two spot on the depth chart. I'd loved to see him play with the first team.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I liked what I saw.
Rough on the edges, but it was exactly what I thought he would be in terms of intensity and drive to play hard.
Give him more time and seasoning. He clearly deserved the number two spot on the depth chart. I'd loved to see him play with the first team.

Holy moly. I really want to see him tighten up that windup before we put him with the first team.

Am I wrong here? Seems like his windup was still really long and drawn-out. And I was dying to see the kid in action. I'm certainly not a Tebow-hater.

ColoradoDarin
08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Correction: Quinn looked like Simms. Like dog ****. Like poop. Like scat.

Which is exactly how Orton looked in preseason last year....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Which is exactly how Orton looked in preseason last year....

I guess. I don't recall Orton throwing 10 yards above every receiver on every route, but my mind is clogged with malted hops and bong resin, so... :afro:

Spider
08-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Orton opened a can of whoop ass

Spider
08-15-2010, 08:37 PM
reading through some of these post ............Look tebow showed alot of promise , but lets not crown him yet , orton has this team .......

pdvd23
08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I would look kick ass too with hours in the pocket throwing little dunk passes that don't show any real talent.

Zoobie
08-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Wow, you're a dumbass.

pdvd23
08-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow, you're a dumbass.

Really. How so? What do you see that I don''t making me a dumbass

NFLBRONCO
08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
1st game for backups let's see in a few weeks.

OABB
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM

Have you accidently placed yourself on ignore?

ColoradoDarin
08-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Have you accidently placed yourself on ignore?

I don't know if he did, but I just put him on mine.

Idiots who waste my time get the iggy!

strafen
08-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Holy moly. I really want to see him tighten up that windup before we put him with the first team.

Am I wrong here? Seems like his windup was still really long and drawn-out. And I was dying to see the kid in action. I'm certainly not a Tebow-hater.

The Broncos have way too much invested in Tebow to be playing behind a 3rd string OL to protect him.
The guy was being pressured all night, or at least for most of the game.
He should do a lot better with adequate protection that won't put the kid at risk.
He needs to be the back up and a chance to see what he can do with the first team. This is pre-season and we need to find out about our back-ups because you never know when we're going to need them in the regular season...

pdvd23
08-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Ignore all you want but mediocracy is unacceptable and Orton is mediocre at best.

bombquixote
08-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I disagree about Quinn. He looked rusty, stared down his receivers and threw like he was really amped up. Nothing inherently bad, though. He had pocket presence, moved well, and his arm is great. Give him more time with the playbook and enough reps to get comfortable, and I think his accuracy would improve, his reads would get better and he'd be fine. Certainly no worse right now than Orton was this time last year. He had a beautiful deep pass on the sideline that would've gone for a touchdown if the receiver hadn't dropped it.

As for Tebow, his windup is frightening. I could have a pizza delivered in the time it takes the ball to leave his hand. I don't care how talented or dedicated he is, if he doesn't quicken his release, he's got no future. Which bums me out. I really want him to step up as our franchise QB, but right now I'm not seeing it.

Orton looked good. We'll be solid with him. Thinking of him as the QB of the future, though, depresses me.

HAT
08-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I feel like stepping up my game tonight.....

I'm on record that Orton makes the PB this year...Most know that already.

McX is giving him an extension next year or the tag & trade will involve a 1st rounder.

Zoobie
08-15-2010, 09:04 PM

Good Riddance to Orton, why? Noodle Arm? What games have you been watching? Orton is LEAGUES above any other QB on our roster. Your assessment of our QB play is elementary.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-15-2010, 09:09 PM
The Broncos have way too much invested in Tebow to be playing behind a 3rd string OL to protect him.
He should do a lot better with adequate protection that won't put the kid at risk.
He needs to be the back up and a chance to see what he can do with the first team. This is pre-season and we need to find out about our back-ups because you never know when we're going to need them in the regular season...

Understood.

All that said, his windup is third string. Period. He needs to shorten it up.

Look. I love the kid. But that windup is going to get him ****ing murdered back there.

pdvd23
08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Good Riddance to Orton, why? Noodle Arm? What games have you been watching? Orton is LEAGUES above any other QB on our roster. Your assessment of our QB play is elementary.

I compare orton to every other qb in the league and that isn't close. I've been at our camp and in terms of accuracy and arm strength orton isn't LEAGUES above. Yeah he has more poise right now, but you can't honestly think with his ability that we are a legit contender.

Pontius Pirate
08-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Pittsburgh - Ben is out for awhile and they will be fine

Eagles - they gave away their starting QB and will be fine

Carolina - actually played better last year when Delhomo went out and Moore went in

Oakland - it's all downhill after Jason Campbell goes down

Tampa Bay - not even sure who their QB is but I'm sure they'd be fine

AZ - Leinart? Hah. Derek Anderson or their rookie QB would be just as bad

Rams - Stafford? Yeah, they'd be fine

Lions - Bradford? Yeah, they'd be fine

Browns - Delhomo? See exhibit C re: Carolina

etcetera

HAT
08-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I compare orton to every other qb in the league and that isn't close. I've been at our camp and in terms of accuracy and arm strength orton isn't LEAGUES above. Yeah he has more poise right now, but you can't honestly think with his ability that we are a legit contender.

If 'legit contender' means playing for the right to play in the AFCCG, then yes.

HAT
08-15-2010, 09:47 PM

Carolina - actually played better last year when Delhomo went out and Moore went in

etcetera

Pitt will not win 9 games...With or without Ben.

Kaylore
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM

etcetera

This is the stupidest response ever. Kevin Kolbe is Philly's starter, and if he went down they'd be royally screwed. The rest of those teams suck as is and would enhance the suck if they lost their QB's too. How is that fine? Are you retarded?

Mogulseeker
08-15-2010, 11:17 PM

LOLHilarious!

I have a quick question. Did you watch the game? I thought we were over the noodle arm thing. Orton ripped a few, too.

Mogulseeker
08-15-2010, 11:19 PM

etcetera

I thought Bradford was in Stl and Stafford was with DET last time I checked.

Yup, still there.

~Crash~
08-15-2010, 11:23 PM

the rams they had this guy that sacked grocery's...

Zoobie
08-15-2010, 11:43 PM

Yes, Orton is LEAGUES above Brady Quinn and Tim Tebow. Is he a top 10 QB? No. I'd take him over Leinart, Campbell, Tarvaris Jackson, Sanchez, Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Matt Moore, Cassell, Trent Edwards, Garrard, Vince Young. He is efficient, makes the correct reads, does not turn the ball over, and now he is in his 2nd year of this offense. Not to mention he is at full health.

Will he win us 6-10 games just by being a remarkable QB like Manning, Brees, and Brady? Hell no. If our running game picks up, I don't see our offense having immense struggles.

Zoobie
08-15-2010, 11:44 PM

etcetera

The fact that you don't know the Buccaneers starting QB(Josh Freeman), who is a very promising young quarterback pretty much says it all. Well you know what, everything here pretty much illustrates how pathetic this post is.

24champ
08-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I feel more comfortable with Quinn than Tebow at this point. Tebow is very green and at this stage of his career, I don't want to throw him to the wolves in his first season.

Let's see how Tebow does when there isn't vanilla defense to play against, and no 3rd-4th string scrubs in a preseason game.

boltaneer
08-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Tebow's windup makes Byron Leftwitch jealous.

Zoobie
08-16-2010, 12:54 AM

Yea seriously, it's a first class ticket to a quick career. Tebow can fix it, but a wind up like that will not cut it at this level. It's the difference between getting a pass downfield and getting sacked. And it's also the difference between getting sacked, and getting sacked and fumbling.

UberBroncoMan
08-16-2010, 03:12 AM

Simms is far worse... I think that was proven today. Also, Orton sucked balls last preseason, while Simms did decent. I wouldn't crown Quinn as being a horrific QB yet.

Dedhed
08-16-2010, 06:01 AM

etcetera

In all of that you don't name a single actuality. Entirely hypothetical.

Beantown Bronco
08-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Let's see how Tebow does when there isn't vanilla defense to play against

Ummmm, did you even watch the game last night? They brought different types of blitzes against Tebow every other snap.

Dedhed
08-16-2010, 06:39 AM
I feel more comfortable with Quinn than Tebow at this point. Tebow is very green and at this stage of his career, I don't want to throw him to the wolves in his first season.

Let's see how Tebow does when there isn't vanilla defense to play against, and no 3rd-4th string scrubs in a preseason game.

You're clearly biased either for Quinn or against Tebow.

Anyone watching with the minimum level of objectivity would say that Tebow was far better in just about every category.

bronco militia
08-16-2010, 06:41 AM

no doubt...I can't beleive the steelers started Fat Albert this week

oubronco
08-16-2010, 06:48 AM

And i'm sure we will I mean this was just the first preseason game

oubronco
08-16-2010, 06:55 AM
If Tebow runs too many of those draws and gets nailed like that I don't see him making through half a season

TotallyScrewed
08-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Not too high, not too low.

Orton looked pretty good. If someone would have told me that Denver would foresake their running game (what running game!?!?) and have Orton throw to win a game. I would have said that's an "L". But Orton did just fine.

Quinn looked like a back-up. He had some good plays and many he'd like to do over.

Tebow did just fine for his first game. The detractors obviously forget (or never saw) John Elway in his first year. The kid has talent and heart.

Preseason game 1 is in the books. Next...

Rabb
08-16-2010, 07:08 AM
the thing that stood out to me was the zip that Orton had on the ball, looked really sharp

it's actually funny to watch him on the sidelines, he looks like he should be working at a Tattered Cover in Boulder, not throwing a football

I am 100% behind the guy, looked good for a preseason game

lostknight
08-16-2010, 07:12 AM
Yes, Orton is LEAGUES above Brady Quinn and Tim Tebow. Is he a top 10 QB? No. I'd take him over Leinart, Campbell, Tarvaris Jackson, Sanchez, Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Matt Moore, Cassell, Trent Edwards, Garrard, Vince Young. He is efficient, makes the correct reads, does not turn the ball over, and now he is in his 2nd year of this offense. Not to mention he is at full health.

Will he win us 6-10 games just by being a remarkable QB like Manning, Brees, and Brady? Hell no. If our running game picks up, I don't see our offense having immense struggles.

Statistically he is a top 12, or rather bottom 20 QB ;-)

Spider
08-16-2010, 07:23 AM
orton had zip last year ................only difference is orton is more confident this year good grief people

NFLBRONCO
08-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Tebow and Quinn are in 1st in the system they are going to suck this year.

Cito Pelon
08-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Eh, it's way too early to start bagging on players. Jeez, it was the first preseason game. I could see some guys had the yips a little bit.

HAT
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Statistically he is a top 12, or rather bottom 20 QB ;-)

Was in 2009 does not equal is in 2010.

theAPAOps5
08-16-2010, 08:19 AM
orton had zip last year ................only difference is orton is more confident this year good grief people

Actually by Ortons own admission he didn't have the arm strength last year because he came to Denver with a bum ankle and then during the season got another bum ankle plus dislocated finger.

He is way more confident and looks to be a damn fine QB, maybe not elite but darn good. He is light years ahead of where he was last year.

Mr.Meanie
08-16-2010, 08:21 AM

etcetera

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BroncoBuff
08-16-2010, 08:30 AM
When Orton goes down we are in deep ***t.fixed it Ha!

Orton's pretty tough, I don't think it's inevitable he'll get hurt.

It is good to see Quinn identified as the non-factor he is though, like I've said so many times, there's a reason the Browns let him go for a near-pittance. I actually believe Quinn might be cut, I think Tebow might progress far enough they feel comfortable with him. Early to say that, but it could happen.

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Orton's pretty tough, I don't think it's inevitable he'll get hurt.

It is good to see Quinn identified as the non-factor he is though, like I've said so many times, there's a reason the Browns let him go for a near-pittance. I actually believe Quinn might be cut, I think Tebow might progress far enough they feel comfortable with him. Early to say that, but it could happen.

I agree, I think if Quinn doesn't make huge strides by the end of TC, he gets cut by the Broncos. I'm willing to bet that McD is comfortable with Orton and Tebow.

Quinn does throw a beautiful interception... man, that ball was right on the money for the opposing CB... all the defender had to due was skippidy doo into the endzone...

Rabb
08-16-2010, 08:46 AM
You would think a team like Buffalo would be a willing trade partner for Quinn still

TheProfessor
08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
I knew Brady Quinn had some accuracy issues, but that was hard to watch.

I always thought it was strange how fast Holmgren got rid of him, and for a back-up fullback who was in the coaches dog house.

and yes, I completely concur with the op - if orton goes down we are done.

Ray Finkle
08-16-2010, 08:52 AM
I agree, I think if Quinn doesn't make huge strides by the end of TC, he gets cut by the Broncos. I'm willing to bet that McD is comfortable with Orton and Tebow.

Quinn does throw a beautiful interception... man, that ball was right on the money for the opposing CB... all the defender had to due was skippidy doo into the endzone...

yeah but the WR didn't do him any favors. You move to the ball don't wait until it gets to you.

It was a bad pass but the WR (can't remember who) needs to move to the ball in anything to cut off the CB jumping the route.

Cito Pelon
08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
You would think a team like Buffalo would be a willing trade partner for Quinn still

Speaking of Buffalo, Rob Johnson played for Buffalo and BQ reminds me of Rob Johnson a little bit.

Ray Finkle
08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Speaking of Buffalo, Rob Johnson played for Buffalo and BQ reminds me of Rob Johnson a little bit.

ewwwwwwwwwww......

I think you're right....

snowspot66
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
If Tebow runs too many of those draws and gets nailed like that I don't see him making through half a season

Why? Running backs get pounded like that all the time. Tebow is the size of a linebacker. I think he can take one or two hits a game.

Br0nc0Buster
08-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I dont think it makes sense to cut Quinn, we all saw how Orton looked last year in his first preseason game with this offense

besides you would just have to bring in someone else, teach them the offense, it would take a while

I dont think Quinn is any good, but I dont think he is that bad as well
he still should be an upgrade from Simms

Dos Rios
08-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Why, again, did the team cut Brandstater? Makes a lot more sense at #3 than Quinn.

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Why, again, did the team cut Brandstater? Makes a lot more sense at #3 than Quinn.

why?

Ray Finkle
08-16-2010, 10:32 AM

because Quinn was better than him.....

24champ
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM

There just wasn't enough room for Brandstater on the Broncos and he is probably going to be Manning's backup.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b3/fullj.cac6155334c0726f4bad8f65d48b86d6/cac6155334c0726f4bad8f65d48b86d6-getty-98649715sb024_49er_colt.jpg

colonelbeef
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Every Quinn on this team sucks

Dos Rios
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
why?

Because Brandstater is a development player with possible upside whose best-case scenario is probably as a cheap, dependable #2 (see Colts interest). Quinn is a more expensive #1 pick who already had a chance to start in the NFL and came up short. I think he is what he is, and his deficiencies can't be blamed solely on Cleveland. I also don't think David Carr is getting rehabilitated anytime soon. I don't see Quinn as the profile you want for a long-term #2. It's either starter or bust for him.

And if we're talking about a roster of Orton/Tebow/#3, why not keep the guy at #3 who fits the backup profile and trade the guy with some trade value? If it was too early to make that call until you see what you have with Orton/Tebow, then keep all 4 through training camp.

oubronco
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Brandstetter 8/12 34 1 1

HAT
08-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Because Brandstater is a development player with possible upside whose best-case scenario is probably as a cheap, dependable #2 (see Colts interest). Quinn is a more expensive #1 pick who already had a chance to start in the NFL and came up short. I think he is what he is, and his deficiencies can't be blamed solely on Cleveland. I also don't think David Carr is getting rehabilitated anytime soon. I don't see Quinn as the profile you want for a long-term #2. It's either starter or bust for him.

And if we're talking about a roster of Orton/Tebow/#3, why not keep the guy at #3 who fits the backup profile and trade the guy with some trade value? If it was too early to make that call until you see what you have with Orton/Tebow, then keep all 4 through training camp.

McD watched the 'Stater audition for a full year and obviously didn't see the growth he wanted....Simms too for that matter.

Quinn and Tebow are just starting that audition.

If Orton has a great year and walks or is tagged/traded....Quinn could very well look as crisp as Orton did last night in 2011's first NFLX game. Look at the difference between KO's 2009 & 2010 preseason opener.

McD has way more options next March with Orton/Tebow/Quinn than he would have with Orton/Tebow/Brandstater.

Cito Pelon
08-16-2010, 11:39 AM
There just wasn't enough room for Brandstater on the Broncos and he is probably going to be Manning's backup.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b3/fullj.cac6155334c0726f4bad8f65d48b86d6/cac6155334c0726f4bad8f65d48b86d6-getty-98649715sb024_49er_colt.jpg

Dang, Brandstater bulked up some.

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2010, 12:27 PM

I don't think the Broncos are going to keep 3 QBs on the roster. McD took a chance on Quinn and it doesn't look like it's going to pan out. That being said, it makes no sense to keep Brandstatter and he probably would have been cut anyway because again, there's no reason to keep 3 active roster QBs and Brandstatter is not lighting the world on fire with his talent. The Broncos did Brandyman a huge service by releasing him so he has a chance with another team.

oubronco
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
<TABLE class=pollsBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pollsHead>the people have spoken

Post Poll - Auditions at QB
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsQuestion>http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0815/20100815_115517_PollBroncos081510.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15789686) Which Broncos quarterback most impressed you during Denver's 33-24 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in a preseason game Sunday?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsViewResults>Total Votes =<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>document.write(total);</SCRIPT> 6755</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=pollsAnswer><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> if (total > 0) { percent = ((values[++count] / total) * 100) + ""; if (percent.length > 4) { percent = percent.substring(0,5); } } else { percent = 0; } </SCRIPT>Kyle Orton: Orton threw two touchdown passes to give the Broncos a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. Orton showed poise.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsResult><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> document.write('http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif'); </SCRIPT>http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>writeValue(4332,total);</SCRIPT> 4332 Votes, or 64.13 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsAnswer><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> if (total > 0) { percent = ((values[++count] / total) * 100) + ""; if (percent.length > 4) { percent = percent.substring(0,5); } } else { percent = 0; } </SCRIPT>Brady Quinn: Overcoming a "pick six," Quinn completed 5-of-9 passes in an 11-play drive late in the first half. Quinn showed resiliency.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsResult><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> document.write('http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif'); </SCRIPT>http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>writeValue(222,total);</SCRIPT> 222 Votes, or 3.286 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsAnswer><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> if (total > 0) { percent = ((values[++count] / total) * 100) + ""; if (percent.length > 4) { percent = percent.substring(0,5); } } else { percent = 0; } </SCRIPT>Tim Tebow: The rookie completed 8-of-13 passes for 105 yards, and his best pass was dropped by Matthew Willis. Tebow showed promise.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollsResult><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> document.write('http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif'); </SCRIPT>http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/std/polls_results.gif <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>writeValue(2201,total);</SCRIPT> 2201 Votes, or 32.58 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Beantown Bronco
08-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't think the Broncos are going to keep 3 QBs on the roster. McD took a chance on Quinn and it doesn't look like it's going to pan out. That being said, it makes no sense to keep Brandstatter and he probably would have been cut anyway because again, there's no reason to keep 3 active roster QBs and Brandstatter is not lighting the world on fire with his talent. The Broncos did Brandyman a huge service by releasing him so he has a chance with another team.

They will most certainly keep three QBs on the roster. Not the active gameday roster, but most definitely the overall team roster where one can be listed as the "emergency" and not count against the 53.

Lev Vyvanse
08-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I want to know how Quinn got 3% of the votes.

TailgateNut
08-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I want to know how Quinn got 3% of the votes.

We know Tebow got the Gator vote!:yayaya:

Drek
08-16-2010, 01:05 PM

Brady Quinn is a week younger than Tom Brandstater, FYI.

Also, Quinn had a very bad start to his pre-season debut, but he did settle down and deliver much better passes from there on out. This was when our backups (other than Walton and Beadles) where facing the Bengals 1's and 2's with no running game.

Quinn needs to develop some mental toughness more than anything. When he stops over thinking his every move he does fine and throws a nice, accurate ball. When he thinks about how every play needs to show how he's a franchise type QB he starts to make big mistakes.

Popps
08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm hopeful that Quinn can be a serviceable back-up. But, I sure never see much in the guy's game. Tough playing with 2nd stringers, though.

24champ
08-16-2010, 01:32 PM

Also, Quinn had a very bad start to his pre-season debut, but he did settle down and deliver much better passes from there on out. This was when our backups (other than Walton and Beadles) where facing the Bengals 1's and 2's with no running game.

Quinn needs to develop some mental toughness more than anything. When he stops over thinking his every move he does fine and throws a nice, accurate ball. When he thinks about how every play needs to show how he's a franchise type QB he starts to make big mistakes.

Spot on. McDaniels will certainly work with him on those issues Quinn has. It's all between the ears for Quinn and once it clicks, he will do fine. He's got a few more games to settle into the offense.

Cito Pelon
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM

That's probably true.

Tombstone RJ
08-16-2010, 02:27 PM
They will most certainly keep three QBs on the roster. Not the active gameday roster, but most definitely the overall team roster where one can be listed as the "emergency" and not count against the 53.

Maybe I was confusing McD with Shanny...

Popps
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Just watched again.

Orton looks great, and after seeing Lloyd and Gaffney out there together, I'm very comfortable with our WR corps this year, particularly if any of the rooks can step up.

On a down note... watched Brady Quinn again just to see if I was being too hard on him. But, man... the guy just doesn't look like he could hit the side of a barn. His throws just look terrible. I truly believe McDaniels has an eye for talent, but I've yet to see anything from Quinn that ever impressed me. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and become a nice back-up.

Tebow looked pretty darned good for a rookie, too. Excited to see him get more snaps.

errand
08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I would look kick ass too with hours in the pocket throwing little dunk passes that don't show any real talent.

Orton's beaten out 4 number one draft picks for starting gigs...he beat out Grossman when Lovie opened up the competition in Chicago. He was the hand picked successor of Jay Cutler, and he'll keep Tebow and Quinn where they need to be...on the bench.

errand
08-16-2010, 06:46 PM

I know, I haven't seen INT's thrown that good in Denver since 2008.....

Mogulseeker
08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Dang, Brandstater bulked up some.

Seriously? I was just thinking he looked too skinny.

Hulamau
08-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Just watched again.

Orton looks great, and after seeing Lloyd and Gaffney out there together, I'm very comfortable with our WR corps this year, particularly if any of the rooks can step up.

On a down note... watched Brady Quinn again just to see if I was being too hard on him. But, man... the guy just doesn't look like he could hit the side of a barn. His throws just look terrible. I truly believe McDaniels has an eye for talent, but I've yet to see anything from Quinn that ever impressed me. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and become a nice back-up.

Tebow looked pretty darned good for a rookie, too. Excited to see him get more snaps.

Yep about what I saw as well Popps. Orton looks on top of his game and I think we might surpirse a lot of people when we get the full Oline on board with Moreno, Bucky, White and Fargas ready to rumble.

Once Thomas is fully good to go and in sync with Gaffney, Lloyd, Royal and Stoke, and hopefully Decker at some point, we should be very deep and really score some points this year.

Think Tim is going to grow quickly too as not only the preseason finishes but by the end of the year for sure. And its ideal he has at least this year, if not two, to soak it in and learn to get in the swing before being asked to shoulder the whole load.

Which he is ... a LOAD that is!

listopencil
08-16-2010, 11:11 PM

That's a really good point. Orton looked pretty rough last preseason.

listopencil
08-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Orton's beaten out 4 number one draft picks for starting gigs...he beat out Grossman when Lovie opened up the competition in Chicago. He was the hand picked successor of Jay Cutler, and he'll keep Tebow and Quinn where they need to be...on the bench.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Very interesting point.

Popps
08-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Yep about what I saw as well Popps. Orton looks on top of his game and I think we might surpirse a lot of people when we get the full Oline on board with Moreno, Bucky, White and Fargas ready to rumble.

Once Thomas is fully good to go and in sync with Gaffney, Lloyd, Royal and Stoke, and hopefully Decker at some point, we should be very deep and really score some points this year.

Think Tim is going to grow quickly too as not only the preseason finishes but by the end of the year for sure. And its ideal he has at least this year, if not two, to soak it in and learn to get in the swing before being asked to shoulder the whole load.

Which he is ... a LOAD that is!

The O definitely stacks up to be exciting. Just pray that the line can gel so we can run the ball with consistency this year.

This season stacks up to be really interesting on both sides of the ball. That's the reason the Dumervil thing hurt so badly. He and Clady are the 2 most important players on this team. (Along with Orton, arguably.)

But, we'll see what happens. It's not like the rest of our division is without roster issues, themselves.