PDA

View Full Version : HELP! FF Keepers Due at 5 tonight!

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 03:31 PM
So I realize that this belongs in the Fantasy Football Forum, but I have about an hour to submit my keepers and I've not received any responses on the Fantasy Football Forum. So, if the mods would indulge me this favor for about an hour or two, I would greatly appreciate it! AND HELP PEOPLE!!!

Alright, I am in a high stakes league and my draft last year was pretty bad (Thanks Alec)! So I made a lot of moves last year and have some options this year for keepers. The way our keepers work for this year (first year w/Keepers) is you give up whatever round pick the player was selected in last year. I have no idea who anyone else is keeping, but here are my options. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Andre Johnson- 1st round (#6 overall is what I would give up)

Donovan McNabb- 6th round

Wes Welker- 4th round (Probably going to stay away from this one)

Beanie Wells- 8th round (I see a lot of value here)

Knowshon Moreno- 10th round (again a lot of value here)

Jonathon Stewart- 8th round (I traded for him during the season, good value)

Jermichael Finley- Undrafted (Wouldn't have to give up any picks and I see him as a top 5 TE.)

Others that I have but not really considering- Percy Harvin, Donnie Avery, Jeremy Shockey, and Ricky Williams.

I am leaning towards keeping Knowshon and Beanie Wells. I think Beanie is a borderline 1 and Knowshon a solid 2. Figure Wells will get 280-300 carries, 1200 yards and 10-12 TDs. Knowshon I figure is good for 250 carries, 1000 yards and 7-10 TDs.

Also considering:
J.Stewart who should be good for another 1100 yards and 10 TDs. The only problem with him is he is up one week and down the next. You may have a 25 point week with him followed by a couple of 5 point weeks and then another 25 point week. An 8th round pick for that type of production is pretty good.

D.McNabb who I think will put up decent fantasy stats in Shanny's offense. But I think I can do better at QB in the first 4 rounds of the draft. But also have to consider that I would only have to give up a 6th for his production.

Jermichael Finley is a stud in the making. When healthy he is a top receiving threat in a pass friendly offense. Over the final 7 games last year (when he returned from injury) he went for 63 points in that span avg. 9 points per week. The icing on the cake is he was undrafted last year so I would give up a 15th round pick!

So if I go with two RBs I can go QB, WR, WR, RB, WR in the first 5 rounds. I think the only QBs that will be kept are Brees and Rodgers. We start three receivers so I'll have to go heavy on receivers in the first 5 rounds. I may end up drafting Andre Johnson again in the first unless one of the top RBs (Johnson, Peterson, Rice, Jackson, Gore, etc.) is available. I figure Rice will be a keeper as he was a mid round pick last year. CJ was a 2nd round pick, should be a keeper too. Peterson and Jackson were both first round picks so it's up in the air whether their owners will keep them or not?

Thoughts?

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Seriously folks, any insight would help. Still thinking about Moreno and Wells or Moreno and Finley, or Wells and Finley.

Wish I could keep all three!

Thoughts?

Dos Rios
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Stewart's the only no-brainer to me on your list. If you can only keep two, I would also keep one of Beanie/Knowshon.

Abqbronco
08-15-2010, 04:06 PM
The problem with helping in high stakes games is that the advice can come back to bite the advisor.

With that in mind:

Johnson is great but 6 seems high for him. I would let him go and see what you can get in the draft. Kind of depends on the scoring.

I agree with your assesment of Beanie/Moreno. I am a little higher on Beanie due to the hamstring issue with Knowshon but the upside to keeping either is good.

No way should you keep Welker. He'll be available around when you would give up the pick anyway. Same with McNabb but I too like his upside in the Skins offense.

Stewart is a maddening player but I think he is the one to definetely keep.

You should keep in mind that I haven't been in the money in FF in about 5 years but prior to that I won 3 out 5 and came in 3rd the other two years. I must be getting dumber. Either that or my luck is running out.

Good luck!

Pseudofool
08-15-2010, 04:19 PM
If you keep two backs, what will you use your first pick on? A QB? Where are you slotted in the first round? I imagine the draft order will change form last year. I'd take Wells and Stewart and stay away from Moreno. Try to get AJ back or another stud-WR in the first round, or overpay for Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers a bit. A lot of this depends on teh draft order and who is getting kept. If you end up keeping your backs and people end keeping the top 4 QBs, you better hope there some WR talent on the board.

broncosteven
08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Jarmarcus Russell

Tory Holt

Elvis Doomerville

Lock it up!

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
So I ended up keeping Knowshon (giving up 10th round pick) and AJ (1st round pick, #6 overall). All of the 5 drafting in front of me had horrible first round picks last year so I figured they wouldn't be keeping them. Plus, guys like Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, MJD, and Aaron Rodgers all figure to be keepers, Peterson Brees, Manning and MJD were firsts last year but all of them belong to players that are drafting 7-10.

Anyhow, if I wouldn't have kept AJ he wouldn't have made it back around to me with the 6th overall as everyone in front of me gave up their first round picks (Forte, Rivers, Brady, Slaton, and Fitzgerald) and most of the guys worth drafting in the top 5 (MJD, Rice, AD, Brees, Chris Johnson) were all likely keepers. I mean, Ray Rice was undrafted in our league last year, so the owner gives up a 15th round pick for him! CJ was a 2nd.

There were a lot of keepers from the 2nd round and the end of the first so I am hoping to have a pretty good shot at a top 5 QB or a top 8 RB with my pick in the 2nd round which will actually only be about 7 or 8 picks in! Randy Moss, Turner, Schaub, Fitz, Reggie Wayne, lots of options!!!

Thanks Mods for keeping this open for a bit. Welcome to move it to the FF Forum now.

robbieopperude
08-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I would have kept AJ & Beanie.

Pontius Pirate
08-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Beanie Wells isn't even the starter (Hightower still is - McGinnis has kept saying this all through camp). Leinart is going to get his ASS SACKED like blanco nino. All in all, stay away from the AZ running game.

Keeping AJ is the right move. Keeping Knowshon is questionable but agree that keeping him over a 10th round pick is definitely good value.

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Beanie Wells isn't even the starter (Hightower still is - McGinnis has kept saying this all through camp). Leinart is going to get his ASS SACKED like blanco nino. All in all, stay away from the AZ running game.

Keeping AJ is the right move. Keeping Knowshon is questionable but agree that keeping him over a 10th round pick is definitely good value.

Yup, that's what it comes down to. Knowshon would have been a 5th or 6th round pick, so the value of keeping him some 40 picks later is too good to pass up.

I used the same logic with Beanie Wells. Watched the Cards last night and saw too much of Hightower. I'll draft Beanie in the 5th or 6th still though.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow, nasty play call by McDaniels.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Gresham is fast.