PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Broncos @ Bengals Pre Season Game Thread (Things to note before the Bengals game)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 01:45 AM
1. This is the Bengals 2nd pre-season game, so if their execution is better don't be surprised.

2. Remember, we are running basic offense/defense. "Vanilla" stuff.

3. We haven't finished installing everything we will run during the season yet.

Anyone care to add....

It's the PRE-SEASON.

OBF1
08-15-2010, 02:08 AM
I have 1 thing to add, Dallas had already played a game, then the get beat in game 2 by the faiders.... The lowly freeking faiders!

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I have 1 thing to add, Dallas had already played a game, then the get beat in game 2 by the faiders.... The lowly freeking faiders!

Cowboys didn't play starts too long and the Raiders didn't score until the 4th... but Raiders defense isn't anything to look down upon.

OBF1
08-15-2010, 02:46 AM
So our D is something to look down upon? Just trying to whats up with your slightly negative outlook.

easymobee
08-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Im just gonna remember that the pre-season is pure **** and noone ever remembers anything about it after the opening kickoff in week 1.

Hopefully noone gets carted off.

Lolad
08-15-2010, 04:12 AM
He defense should still be able to stop the run. 2 years ago the looked like crap and played like it so I'll be interested in seeing both lines.

Garcia Bronco
08-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Cook food

If this thread is to stop the freakout, good luck

titan
08-15-2010, 05:12 AM
No one could have predicted a 6-0 start after last year's preseason (Orton throws 3 picks in 1 half, & hurts is hand in the bears game). I'm just going to watch for encouraging play from the rookies and new free agents.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-15-2010, 05:29 AM
We're talkin' bout practice.

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
So our D is something to look down upon? Just trying to whats up with your slightly negative outlook.

I'm one of the last people you'd say to have a negative outlook on the Broncos.

I'm just saying, you put down the Raiders so I said they're not as bad as you're saying.

DarkHorse
08-15-2010, 05:52 AM
It's Pre-Season so enjoy watching for practice squad talent.

gunns
08-15-2010, 06:36 AM
1. This is the Bengals 2nd pre-season game, so if their execution is better don't be surprised.

Anyone care to add....

It's preseason. That's all that needs to be said.

gyldenlove
08-15-2010, 07:34 AM
I love how the apologists are at it before the first preseason game, just whipe down your cooches and enjoy the game like the rest of us.

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I can't wait to see TEBOW.

I'm going to have a raging TEBOWNER all day.

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 07:48 AM
I love how the apologists are at it before the first preseason game, just whipe down your cooches and enjoy the game like the rest of us.

Nobody is apologizing... just things to remember. The only real "apologist" line was the 1st, the other two can be read in either direction... whether we do good OR bad, those 2 are still relevant.

Not sure if the "rest of us" can enjoy it unless we play horrible. LOL

theAPAOps5
08-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Cook food

If this thread is to stop the freakout, good luck

This

Especially with the OL in flux!

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2010, 07:59 AM
The OL isn't in flux! 97.431252% of all draft picks for the OLine have an immediate impact! And all our draft picks are SURE to be good!

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2010, 08:05 AM
What 8th string Bengals receiver is gonna beat Fozzie Smiff like a drum?

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 08:24 AM

Anyone care to add....

It's the PRE-SEASON.

You expecting it to be that bad huh... don't be such a negative Nancy.

I'll add one, no matter what happens tonight there will be some good and some bad and somebody on the OM will freak out about something.

If Orton throws for 200 yards and 3 TDs in the first three series it will be that Tebow was a wasted pick.

If Orton has a mediocre performance and Tebow shines, there will be peeps calling for Tebow.

And so on and so on.

Rohirrim
08-15-2010, 08:34 AM
It's football! !Booya! I don't care.

It's pre-season. I don't care.

No more injuries. That's all I care about.

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Why is that I'm expecting to be bad? Anyone whose read my posts see's that I'm as optimistic as the next.

I think people are reading it as bad.

To be honest, I think Orton is going to come out looking sharp and take us for at least 1 scoring TD drive.

Who knows, may be nerves gets to him, etc... I'm just saying, I won't be worried either way.

DarkHorse
08-15-2010, 08:53 AM
You expecting it to be that bad huh... don't be such a negative Nancy.

I'll add one, no matter what happens tonight there will be some good and some bad and somebody on the OM will freak out about something.

If Orton throws for 200 yards and 3 TDs in the first three series it will be that Tebow was a wasted pick.

If Orton has a mediocre performance and Tebow shines, there will be peeps calling for Tebow.

And so on and so on.

Correct.

Thing to note before the Bengals game?

How many O'maners will slit their wrists before the end of the game.

I'm guessing we lose a minimum of 3 posters tonight - put them on IR or PUP Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
08-15-2010, 09:04 AM
It will be interesting to see Beadles and Walton. Also Ayers, Cox, Bannan, Green, Smith, Jones, McBath, Bruton, Tebow, Orton, Quinn/Quinn, Woodyard, Willis, Royal, Batiste/Polumbus, Ball, Baker, Fargas.

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 09:15 AM
It will be interesting to see Beadles and Walton. Also Ayers, Cox, Bannan, Green, Smith, Jones, McBath, Bruton, Tebow, Orton, Quinn/Quinn, Woodyard, Willis, Royal, Batiste/Polumbus, Ball, Baker, Fargas.

I think you missed a couple... lol ;D

Personally, I'm not expecting a whole lot from Orton tonight. I just don't think he'll get the protection he needs to take advantage of our receiver's talents.

When Tebow comes in I think his mobility will equal the score a bit. We'll still struggle on the OL, but Tebow will make a play with his legs and slow down the rush, almost like a good screen play to give the opponents pass rush pause.

Speaking of Screens, I hope we throw a couple early. I know we aren't game planning, but if we really want to give the OL a chance here, we better do something to slow down any pass rush.

CEH
08-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I want to see the individual match ups.

LT Batise vs Johnson/Rivers/DE
Jammal Williams vs OC/G
JD Walton / Beadles baptism
Robert Ayers pressure on QB
Perrish Cox return game

Tebow showing some athletism from the QB spot making a play or two when all things break down

Way too many guys out. Decker and Bey Bey a real disappointment not to be available for the first game

I have a feeling our running game will be brutal tonight so anything there will be a pleasant surprise

Broncosfreak_56
08-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm hoping to see something positive from both lines.

Hogan11
08-15-2010, 09:22 AM

That's going to happen even if Orton has a stellar performance

El Guapo
08-15-2010, 09:30 AM
It's PRE-season, I'm not worried about the W here but of the position battles. I think it's fun watching them compete amongst themselves and growing as young players.

strafen
08-15-2010, 09:31 AM
To me, it is the PBS. While we don't have all the pieces in place and key players missing at the line, I want to see how our running game differs from what we've been used to see with the Broncos for years.
Another thing is our receiving corps and especially the rookies.
Granted guys, this is pre-season, the first game of pre-season as we all know, so looking for flawless execution of the system by the players is not my focus here. I want to see some flashes of the new players. Who has potential and who doesn't.
Another player I'm eager to see in live game action is Parrish Cox on defense, Beadles, Walton on offense.
Also, I'd want to see the kind of pass-rush we will have in the absence of Doom. Who is most likely to emerge as the new pass-rusher.

Hamrob
08-15-2010, 09:31 AM
The things I can't wait to watch:

Brady Quinn
Offensive Line
Defense
Tim Tebow

Things I don't think we'll get a good read on:

WR's - too many hurt
RB's - This is the worst stable we've had in years
Kyle Orton - No pressure situation
Playcalling - Game will be vanillia

strafen
08-15-2010, 09:38 AM
The things I can't wait to watch:

Brady Quinn
Offensive Line
Defense
Tim Tebow

Things I don't think we'll get a good read on:

WR's - too many hurt
RB's - This is the worst stable we've had in years
Kyle Orton - No pressure situation
Playcalling - Game will be vanillia

Play by the new QB's for sure.
Live play action is where is at. I want to see how Orton is doing and most importantly Tebow and Quinn.

HEAV
08-15-2010, 10:54 AM
CINCINNATI — Veteran wide receiver Brandon Stokley has a lot of NFL memorabilia, a collection that includes a special ball and pair of gloves that bring him fond memories of the Broncos' last game against the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.

In last year's season opener, Stokley caught a deflected pass and scored an 87-yard touchdown. He scored with 11 seconds left, lifting the Broncos to a 12-7 victory.

The deflected pass Stokley caught was intended for Brandon Marshall. The game marked the Denver debut of coach Josh McDaniels and quarterback Kyle Orton.

Stokley said he expects to hear about the play from Bengals fans while the Broncos are in Cincinnati.

"It will go down as one of my favorite plays of all time," Stokley said. "It was a right- place, right-time type of deal, but it definitely brings a smile to my face."

Stokley probably won't be a starter today in the Broncos' preseason opener — the likely starters at wide receiver are Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd — but he should be noticed. Stokley has been impressive during training camp.

"Even though it's the preseason, I'm trying to improve every day out here during practice and especially the games," said Stokley, who is in his 12th NFL season and fourth with the Broncos. "That's when you get your real time in offensively and defensively. You want to feel good about yourself heading into that first game."

--------------------

Also Tim Tebow ended his college career against the Cincy Bearcats and will begin his pro career against the Cincy Bengals.

DarkHorse
08-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Matthew Willis - can't wait to see all the hoopty doo about him. Can he exceed the great Darius Watts' fame?

oubronco
08-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Matthew Willis - can't wait to see all the hoopty doo about him. Can he exceed the great Darius Watts' fame?

Can Tebow?

ol number 7
08-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I can't wait to see TEBOW.

I'm going to have a raging TEBOWNER all day.

Well the flags out the beers being chilled and the Bronco kamizes are ready to go. Have to get in my practice for the Jacksonville game.

Kaylore
08-15-2010, 12:37 PM
A very few teams have preseason reflect how their regular season will go. Shanahan is a great example. When we played well in preseason with Shanny, we usually had a decent season. McDaniels, and coaches from the Parcells coaching tree, seem to have no carry-over whatsoever from preseason to the regular season. As was mentioned earlier, none of the problems this team had in preason were an issue at all in the regular season. It really affords no guage whatsoever. That said, I hope to see some of our young players win their individual battles and grow. Other than that, just stay healthy!

lostknight
08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Can't wait to see - Tebow in a third down package. Quinn to see if he can step up his game from camp. Fargas, to see if he has anything left in the tank, Smith to see if he makes the team, the D-line, to see if they can get any pressure with 3 or 4. The O-line to see if Kyle Orton's ankles will be okay this season.

lostknight
08-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I really want to see two back to back solid drives by Orton. He never did that last season, and we need punchouts bad.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Too many expected contributors are hurt
1st game vs the Bengals 2nd game

There's really nothing I want to see tonight except seeing them leave the game injury free.

Hamrob
08-15-2010, 01:28 PM
A very few teams have preseason reflect how their regular season will go. Shanahan is a great example. When we played well in preseason with Shanny, we usually had a decent season. McDaniels, and coaches from the Parcells coaching tree, seem to have no carry-over whatsoever from preseason to the regular season. As was mentioned earlier, none of the problems this team had in preason were an issue at all in the regular season. It really affords no guage whatsoever. That said, I hope to see some of our young players win their individual battles and grow. Other than that, just stay healthy!I agree in terms of the team overall...in that it doesn't give you a realistic snapshot of how they'll fair in the regular season. But, I do think you can get some perspective on certain things...such as, how does the offensive line play together, how do the receivers look in terms of running their routes, do any of the RB's display explosiveness...individually does anyone stand out. Kind of like watching a practice.

I expect Orton to look efficient and have a live arm in the preseason...will that carry into the season...how about the 2nd half of the seaon..well, stuff like that isn't going to come out in the preseason...I agree with you there.

HAT
08-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Smith to see if he makes the team,

Hilarious!

Hercules Rockefeller
08-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I expect Orton to look efficient and have a live arm in the preseason...

Why?

There isn't a single starter on the OL tonight that started the final game last season, no Moreno, no Buckhalter, no Thomas, and no Decker.

I will be shocked if the 1st team offense puts up any points tonight unless they're given a short field.

SoCalBronco
08-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Alphonso is a lock to make the team. There hasn't been a decent interval since his drafting to justify cutting him, yet.

elsid13
08-15-2010, 01:43 PM
If the rookie interior lines struggles against the 2nd or 3rd team, we should be concerned. It will be real damning if Walton struggles with the lines calls against a vanilla defense game plan

Hercules Rockefeller
08-15-2010, 01:48 PM
It will be real damning if Walton struggles with the lines calls against a vanilla defense game plan

In his first ever live game action in professional football?

Christ there's going to be a meltdown here tonight if any rookie doesn't play like an established veteran.

People are already putting way too much stock into the 1st preseason game.

Half this board probably would have called for Elway to be cut when he had the audacity to line up behind his left guard for one snap as a rookie in a regular season game.

~Crash~
08-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Im just gonna remember that the pre-season is pure **** and noone ever remembers anything about it after the opening kickoff in week 1.

Hopefully noone gets carted off.

that is why there needs to be no preseason .

~Crash~
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
NFL needs a developmental league . and stop beating up the vets that don't need preseason any more .

~Crash~
08-15-2010, 01:52 PM
spring time would be a good time for this league

cutthemdown
08-15-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL at making excuses before game even played. For young teams preseason does matter. If players you are counting on look like crap it does matter. For vet teams who are always in playoffs, no it doesn't matter much.

diehardbroncosfan
08-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Things I'll be watching:

1. Tebow- This is an obvious one. It will be great to finally see him in a Bronco's uniform, but also to see if he tries to take off and run or just throws the ball away when he is supposed to. I'm expecting one or two great plays from him and probably some stupid ones as well.

2. Offensive line- Even with all of the injuries, it will be important to see what we look like right now.

3. Jamal Williams and Justin Bannab- Can't wait to see what kind of impact they have on the D

4. Robert Ayers- See if he can get any pressure going tonight

5. Return Game- Special teams as a whole, but I can't wait to see Cox get a chance to return a few and see what he's got at this level.

6. the Entire Secondary- This should be our most exciting competition as there is definitely talent at each level

cutthemdown
08-15-2010, 02:07 PM
If the rookie interior lines struggles against the 2nd or 3rd team, we should be concerned. It will be real damning if Walton struggles with the lines calls against a vanilla defense game plan

Exactly. Also if Ayers went off for 4 sacks and was unblockable you know people would all the sudden care a bunch !!!!!

It doesn't matter if you win. But the players you expect to count on during season should look like good football players. Fans think preseason doesn't matter but I can tell a lot from it. You just have to know what to look for.

cutthemdown
08-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Im looking to see if the Broncos seem hard to block at NT. If we have penetration there we can have a decent defense I think.

Also I'd like to see how Bailey is moving around. Alphonso Smith I would like to see be more aggressive this yr. I'm looking to see him act like he is more confortable on the field. I think those things you can spot in preseason.

Does it matter if you lose, not really. But playing well is always a good sign IMO.

cutthemdown
08-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Things I'll be watching:

1. Tebow- This is an obvious one. It will be great to finally see him in a Bronco's uniform, but also to see if he tries to take off and run or just throws the ball away when he is supposed to. I'm expecting one or two great plays from him and probably some stupid ones as well.

2. Offensive line- Even with all of the injuries, it will be important to see what we look like right now.

3. Jamal Williams and Justin Bannab- Can't wait to see what kind of impact they have on the D

4. Robert Ayers- See if he can get any pressure going tonight

5. Return Game- Special teams as a whole, but I can't wait to see Cox get a chance to return a few and see what he's got at this level.

6. the Entire Secondary- This should be our most exciting competition as there is definitely talent at each level

I'm very curious how the free safety plays opposite Dawk. Or whatever I know we sort of have safety's do both spots. But the spot opposite Dawk, and the spot Smith in opposite Bailey. Those spots key to secondary. If they can step up and help the vets we could be real good there.

diehardbroncosfan
08-15-2010, 02:12 PM
I think you're right about nose tackle. Should be fun watching Baker get some play there.

oubronco
08-15-2010, 03:04 PM
In his first ever live game action in professional football?

Christ there's going to be a meltdown here tonight if any rookie doesn't play like an established veteran.

People are already putting way too much stock into the 1st preseason game.

Half this board probably would have called for Elway to be cut when he had the audacity to line up behind his left guard for one snap as a rookie in a regular season game.

There will be a meltdown book it

tsiguy96
08-15-2010, 03:08 PM
do we have a stream for this game?

errand
08-15-2010, 03:13 PM
that is why there needs to be no preseason .

I sorta agree...i say let's extend regular season to 18 games, with 2 pre-season games.

A team's schedule would be two games each vs. division rivals (6)
One game vs all the rest of the conference they're in (12)
No games against opposing conference teams until SB (recalling the old debate of who had the tougher conference/league)

This makes tie-breakers easier as every team in each conference would have played each other (head to head, conference W-L, etc.)

Of course you could also rotate one division in your conference for one outside it to make everyone else happy.

oubronco
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/wp-content/uploads/icons/denver-broncos.jpg (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/)Broncos at Bengals: Pregame Blog

<SMALL>August 15th, 2010 - 2:26pm by Gray Caldwell</SMALL>
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/pregameblog_100815.jpg
Here we are in rainy Cincinnati, awaiting the first preseason game of the Broncos’ 2010 campaign.
It’s a bit of déjà vu, as this vantage point in the press box is exactly where we were watching Brandon Stokley’s Immaculate Deflection a little less than a year ago.
Speaking of Stokley, he’s already on the field warming up along with a handful of Broncos including Tim Tebow, Eddie Royal and D’Anthony Batiste.
The field is emptying out as the players stay out of the heavy rain for a few more minutes.

The Broncos are wearing their home blue jerseys, just like they did in the season opener last year in Cincinnati. The home team chooses which jerseys to wear, so apparently the Bengals enjoy wearing white.
5:50 p.m. EDT: Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt and Lonie Paxton are on the field working on field goals. Nathan Overbay is shadowing Paxton, apparently working as a backup long snapper. The three quarterbacks were next on the field, followed by returners — Syd’Quan Thompson, Cassius Vaughn, Alphonso Smith, Eddie Royal and Perrish Cox. A handful of young pass-catchers — Patrick Carter, Matthew Willis and Marquez Branson — are now catching passes from Tebow.
Royal just got a greeting from Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, who trotted over to the third-year receiver.
6:05 p.m. EDT: The rain has passed and more position groups have made their way onto the field at Paul Brown Stadium. Receivers, running backs, tight ends and defensive backs are now running through drills.
6:12 p.m. EDT: The team just met for a huddle near the tunnel, and now the squad is running through warmups between the end zone and 25-yard line.

tsiguy96
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I sorta agree...i say let's extend regular season to 18 games, with 2 pre-season games.

A team's schedule would be two games each vs. division rivals (6)
One game vs all the rest of the conference they're in (12)
No games against opposing conference teams until SB (recalling the old debate of who had the tougher conference/league)

This makes tie-breakers easier as every team in each conference would have played each other (head to head, conference W-L, etc.)

Of course you could also rotate one division in your conference for one outside it to make everyone else happy.

they gotta play teh NFC, its silly to limit their competition to half the league. tiebreakers are fine, rarely does it extend past division record.

oubronco
08-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Below are a few pictures from the field, courtesy of Eric Detweiler.
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/pregameblog1_100815.jpg
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/pregameblog2_100815.jpg
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/pregameblog3_100815.jpg
http://files.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/10_Blogs/pregameblog4_100815.jpg
6:16 p.m. EDT: Brian Dawkins, LenDale White, Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Spencer Larsen, D.J. Williams, Dustin Fry, Chris Kuper, Jamal Williams, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Elvis Dumervil and Jarvis Moss are not expected to play in tonight’s game. Williams, however, is in his jersey with the rest of the team, so there’s a possibility he’ll find the field. We’ll keep you updated.
For the Bengals, Antonio Bryant — who still hasn’t been assigned a jersey number — Maurice Purify, Brandon Ghee, Fui Vakapuna, Brian Leonard, Chris Crocker, Tom Nelson, Jonathan Luigs, Otis Hudson, Andre Smith and Robert Geathers aren’t expected to suit up.

Punisher
08-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Hope the team does well, it's hard looking at them hoping for failure

HEAV
08-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Hope the team does well, it's hard looking at them hoping for failure

But you do it so well...

I thought you left...exit stage right?

Punisher
08-15-2010, 03:54 PM
But you do it so well...

I thought you left...exit stage right?

Idk man i just hate the coach so bad i wish he just go away. Or get kidnap by Aliens or something

tsiguy96
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Idk man i just hate the coach so bad i wish he just go away. Or get kidnap by Aliens or something

hate the coach so bad....LOL

you always have the bears and redskins.

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Too many expected contributors are hurt
1st game vs the Bengals 2nd game

There's really nothing I want to see tonight except seeing them leave the game injury free.

I was thinking about this too. Should afford some of our 2nd string guys a good opportunity to show their stuff vs the Bengals 1s. I am thinking we could see Cox on Ocho/TO as well as Alphonso on Ocho/TO. Should give us a pretty good idea of how both can play against top talent.

Really looking forward to seeing how our DL plays against a strong running game. Hoping that the success they have had vs our offense is more b/c the DL is badass and not the OL sucks!

OABB
08-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Funny. That's how we feel about you.

Ambiguous
08-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Is anyone going to do a gameday thread?

Punisher
08-15-2010, 03:58 PM
hate the coach so bad....LOL

you always have the bears and redskins.

I'm in too deep been a fan for 15 Years and this is the worst Coach Ive seen run the team.

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 03:58 PM

How can you hate McD??? Dude has 90% of what I love in a coach. He has some of the same qualities as a guy like Pete Carrol but probably a bette overall understanding of the game. PC is great on defense and setting the tone. McD has all three phases of the game and leads with the same high energy and emotion. Love that guy!

oubronco
08-15-2010, 03:59 PM
6:30 p.m. EDT: Update — Jamal Williams is in fact expected to play tonight. Replace him with Darrell Reid in the list of players who will not suit up.
6:34 p.m. EDT: Both teams have left the field, and President and CEO Pat Bowlen is making his way back through the tunnel as well. With less than 30 minutes to go until kickoff, pregame ceremonies should be getting underway soon.

Punisher
08-15-2010, 04:02 PM
How can you hate McD??? Dude has 90% of what I love in a coach. He has some of the same qualities as a guy like Pete Carrol but probably a bette overall understanding of the game. PC is great on defense and setting the tone. McD has all three phases of the game and leads with the same high energy and emotion. Love that guy!

Sound like a good Special Teams Coach to me

Broncoman13
08-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm in too deep been a fan for 15 Years and this is the worst Coach Ive seen run the team.

Well yeah, if you've only been a fan for 15 years you only know Shanny. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither can the Broncos be rebuilt. But in two short years McD has gave our roster an extreme makeover and has really started to put players in place to run his system. From this point forward we will really be able to start focusing on stud players to fill individual pieces rather than focusing on remaking entire units. For example, it would have been great for us to go out and get a guy like Carlos Dansby but we couldn't afford to do that AND remake the DL with guys like Green, Bannan, and Williams. Moving forward, we'll be able to add those uber-talented players in certain spots to bridge the overall talent gap we still have right now.

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Then you've only seen 1 other coach run the team.

dsmoot

Wow. Quite a selection to compare.

go_broncos
Broncos to receive..Come on Orton..

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Close to a huge gain by Parrish.

go_broncos
08-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Good Catch..

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Jabarrr

Ambiguous
Nice throw Kyle!

Goobzilla
Inappropriate Cox joke. That's all I've got for now :-)

The MVPlaya
Better throw.

Doggcow
Great protection on that play to get the check down.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Always good to lead off a drive with Cox, and finish with Ball.

TDmvp
08-15-2010, 04:09 PM
F THAT nfl network blacks me out 8min into it.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Shoulda been PI... -.-

That One Guy
08-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Balls lingering in the air. Players pulling up to catch balls gets players hurt.

go_broncos
08-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Royal TD..

The MVPlaya
Great protection.

eddie mac
TD baby

baja
sweet!!!!!!

iDENVER
offense drove down the field with ease

Doggcow
That was an easy drive for a score. WTG offense. Solid bengals defense too.

Ambiguous
That looked pretty easy... The O Line didn't look too bad for the most part.

eddie mac
There's the Eddie Royal we know and love.

Kid A
08-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, a lot better than last year's first preseason game for Kyle. Solid.

WolfpackGuy
Hey, a Royal sighting.

They NEED to make sure to get him involved this year.

spdirty
Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go_broncos
Orton plays great if you give him protection.

snowspot66
Nice and efficient there. Good start.

Pseudofool
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Anyone else think that Orton was going for the PI call on that throw to Graham. I mean it looked like Graham was being manhandled from the behind the line camera.

cabronco
Nice drive and great protection for Orton on the TD pass to Royal.

ElwayMD
Orton looks so much more comfortable in the offense seems to be less hesitation at the line.

Bronco Boy
Nice drive!

lostknight
That looked a hell of a lot better then any drive we had last year. Great protection from the o-line, down the middle passes from Orton, and huge impact from Eddie Royal. Very well done. Now, let's see this a second time, then put Quinn in.

Doggcow
BATISTE is looking good. THANK GOD.

HEAV
There's the Eddie Royal we know and love.

The Eddie Royal we need! Working that slot and draging LB's across the middle of the field!

Requiem
Any online feed? Apparently people need to watch the ****ing golf playoff here. Bull****.

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I can't believe I'm saying I want to see what they do with Tebow...

snowspot66

Even slid around and avoided the pressure there. He won't fake anyone out of their shoes but that little bit of mobility will be a big help if he keeps his ankles feeling good.

Punisher
nice throw orton

Hercules Rockefeller
That was very nice

epicSocialism4tw
Walton looked solid in pass pro on that series. Beadles did alright.

Lolad
im interested in more Oline play.

Broncochica
Awesome!!

The MVPlaya
Anyone else think that Orton was going for the PI call on that throw to Graham. I mean it looked like Graham was being manhandled from the behind the line camera.

That was completely going for the P.I. call. QB's are kind of taught to throw to receivers when the DB's back's are turned since refs call P.I. most the time on this.

Los Broncos
It took us no time to score, great job o-line.

Broncoman13
Protection looks awesome... makes me wonder how good our defense is!

That route by Eddie Royal was very similar to the "jerk" route that Wes Welker runs so well for the Pats. If Eddie Royal can become a factor like that and our OL can provide that kind of protection, we're gonna have a fun season. Lots of fight left in this team!

epicSocialism4tw
Its good to see Eddie Royal making plays.

eddie mac
Short kick from Matt there.

HEAV
Lets go D!

The MVPlaya
nice throw orton

Nice play calling McDaniels. Hilarious!

lostknight
08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Four down receivers, great pressure at the line by D-line.

dsmoot
That looked a hell of a lot better then any drive we had last year. Great protection from the o-line, down the middle passes from Orton, and huge impact from Eddie Royal. Very well done. Now, let's see this a second time, then put Quinn in.

Than ANY Drive??? You missed alot of games.

lostknight
Great pressure on the middle, Jamal williams made great penetration.

baja
08-15-2010, 04:16 PM

He also is moving in the pocket very well, unlike last year.

epicSocialism4tw
Ayers making good reads so far

lostknight
Than ANY Drive??? You missed alot of games.

No, I caught every single one. There were a lot of great things that we didn't do last year in that drive.

Argh. Champ just slid.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Andre Goodman looking great in pursuit.

HEAV
Zero pressure...damn it!

epicSocialism4tw
McBath getting early minutes? Is Dawkins playing?

Ambiguous
Jamal Williams just got totally owned.

Doggcow
Ayers got held hard.

lostknight
Bad bad play by 31.

HEAV
08-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Ayers with a flag...

That One Guy
What's a 15 yd penalty when you just gave up 30...

spdirty
So is that the Robert Ayers we should expect this year?

epicSocialism4tw
Gresham is a monster.

Broncoman13
Ayers making good reads so far

Ayers was held on that long run otherwise he would have made the play!

Pseudofool
08-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Who was the player that was manhandled by the OL #84 or that Benson run!?

Doggcow
Need Ayers and Hagan soo bad.

HEAV
Haggan nice run stop!

lostknight
Nice Haggan.

epicSocialism4tw
Whats up with the name plates on the Bengals' jerseys?

Ambiguous
Man Ayers JUST missed on that one.

Doggcow
08-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Great pressure by Ayers!!!

iDENVER
ayers got a little pressure there nice

spdirty
Good pressure there

Requiem
Ayers got pretty good pressure on that 3rd and Long.

go_broncos
Wide open TO..he couldn't hold..good break

eddie mac
Bad throw, nice pressure

HEAV
Ayers had pressure...T.O. drops a sure catch.

Ambiguous
HAHA awesome

lostknight
Goodman was beat, but TO got it wrong to hold to a FG.

Requiem
LMAO, NICE. Missed FG. WOOP WOOP.

epicSocialism4tw
Ayers getting some pressure

Hamrob
Well the defense held. I'm not sure about that Dline effort.

spdirty
08-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Man I despise Channel 4s coverage. No friggin replays at all.

HEAV
Kicker chokes and Misses easy FG.

epicSocialism4tw
Shank!

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Well the defense held. I'm not sure about that Dline effort.

Nothing was wrong with the dline "effort."

epicSocialism4tw
So far, Ayers and Haggan are playing well.

I like McBath's aggressiveness.

The D-line isnt up to speed.

lostknight
Okay, nother thing we did badly last year was getting back to back drives. Let's fix that.

Lolad
where is fields or williams?? Bannan was playing the NT on several plays

That One Guy
08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow... that was ugly.

lostknight
Good pressure by the D-line. Solid effort so far all around.

spdirty
Double coverage? WTF???

Hamrob
Well, there was noodle arm Orton!

go_broncos
man..what a protection..awesome

dsmoot
Nothing was wrong with the dline "effort."

Bronco linebacker over reacted on long Bengal run.

Bronco Boy
Ayodele dosen't look too good so far. Haggan and Ayers playing well though.

lostknight
Should have been intercepted. Orton can say "thank you" for that.

NYBronco
Orton is getting good protection.

SpringStein
08-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Man I despise Channel 4s coverage. No friggin replays at all.

Announcers sound like they aren't sure they should compliment the Broncos. Criticism flows pretty easily by Reggie though.

WolfpackGuy
That was about 10 yards short

lostknight
Badly underthrown to Gaffney.

go_broncos
3 and out

lostknight
Three and out from Orton. That's a bit more normal.

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Badly underthrown to Gaffney.

OR he just put it where Gaffney could catch it and Pac wouldn't have a play on the ball.

Doggcow
Thats the offense we were expecting with our injuries...

Will Decker and Thomas be playing?

epicSocialism4tw
Ugly series.

Hamrob
Lloyd should have caught that ball.

lostknight
You need to put back to back drives to knock things out. Argh. Horrible kick return - allthough that's going to be common NFL wide this year.

spdirty
Shoulda just sat Orton and trotted out Quinn so we could spend the week jerking off to Kyle, pretending he's a good quarterback.

Broncosfreak_56
Batiste is holding off Antwan Odom well. If Clady is out for a while, hopefully he can keep that kind of play up.

Requiem
08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Noodle Armed Orton back at it!

snowspot66
Lloyd should have caught that ball.

Put where only he could. Was a decent throw.

HEAV
Seem like McD wants to continue the deep passes (from camp) and push the ball deep.

The MVPlaya
lloyd should have caught that ball.

+1.

epicSocialism4tw
Will the first team return for another series?

lostknight
OR he just put it where Gaffney could catch it and Pac wouldn't have a play on the ball.

The results the same. Three and out.

WolfpackGuy
Did they hire Andy Reid to call the plays?

One? Two runs?

Hamrob
It's nice to see, we're not even going to try to run the ball with Ball. Looks like he's going to be gone soon...they have no faith in him.

NYBronco
Announcers sound like they aren't sure they should compliment the Broncos. Criticism flows pretty easily by Reggie though.

...criticism flows pretty easily among Bronco fans.

iDENVER
Shoulda just sat Orton and trotted out Quinn so we could spend the week jerking off to Kyle, pretending he's a good quarterback.

LOLHilarious!

lostknight
08-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Great play by Champ, horrible pressure from the D-line.

HEAV
Champ being Champ!

eddie mac
Nice Champ, poor pressure though

Ambiguous
08-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Goddamn Bailey is posessed.

UberBroncoMan
Did they hire Andy Reid to call the plays?

One? Two runs?

Seeing as how we have no "starting" or backup RB available tonight, we might as well pass when the first team O is around. The rookie O will probably do running later on.

lostknight
Another great play by Champ again.

Doggcow
Great play by Champ, horrible pressure from the D-line.

What are you talking about? Ayers' bull rush was awesome on that play.

eddie mac
Champ is **** hot!!!

Hamrob
08-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Put where only he could. Was a decent throw.Agreed. Outside of that long throw, Orton looked pretty good. I was disapointed in that bomb though...he has a better arm than that.

lostknight
31 beat again.

epicSocialism4tw
Champ is awesome.

Doggcow
Good rush by Jamaal there. McBath got greedy.

HEAV
McBath blows it.

spdirty
man Gresham is a big sum bitch. Gonna be a hell of a security blanket for Carson.

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
How did that get through?

eddie mac
Who missed that pick there, didn't see the No?

epicSocialism4tw
Gresham is a monster. He'll have a big year.

NYBronco
What are you talking about? Ayers' bull rush was awesome on that play.

And it looked liked he was being held again.

HEAV
J. Williams shirt untucked LOL

lostknight
Too much time the last three times.

cabronco
No pressure at all

Broncosfreak_56
08-15-2010, 04:31 PM
McBath with a great stuff.

eddie mac
BANNAN baby

spdirty
Great play by Bannan.

NYBronco
Nice stop Bannan and McBath

HEAV
Second FG att.

Hamrob
McBath is looking pretty good. That was his stick...not Bannon's.

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Makes up for that whiff he had earlier on Benson.

lostknight
08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
McBath blew a couple of plays early - but that last effort was decent.

epicSocialism4tw
08-15-2010, 04:33 PM
McBath with the stick.

Where's Jamal Williams? Bannan has been playing NT.

cabronco
McBath is looking pretty good. That was his stick...not Bannon's.

Right. Bannon swung his arm back around, but McBath was right there.

Ambiguous
I'm glad we still get the Eddie Royal Taco Bell commercial.

Swedish Extrovert
No pressure at all

Looking good against the run though.

Encouraging since our DBs are solid in coverage. I'll be watching Alphonso Smith.

The MVPlaya
Broncos are controlling the LOS right now on both sides of the ball.

Too much time? Palmer is getting it out quick. The LOS was getting pushed back every single play. All we did was bull rush.

lostknight
08-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Alphonso Smith in the nickle!

Oop. Nevermind, forgot Jones has 33 now.,

spdirty
Champ again!!!!!!!!!!

Doggcow
Champ Bailey is such a stud.

go_broncos
Good tackle by Bailey

epicSocialism4tw
Ayers has one heck of a bull rush. Once he figures out some hand moves to break free of the hold, he'll be a powerful player on that side.

Hamrob
Champ is a stud!

Swedish Extrovert
Champ Bailey - my point exactly.

eddie mac
08-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Champ is smoking hot. Contract year ya see.

ElwayMD
I think Champ might make the team

Mr.Meanie
That "Champ Bailey" guy is pretty good

Hamrob
Time for Brady Quinn or will Orton play the entire half?

The MVPlaya
08-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Time for Brady Quinn or will Orton play the entire half?

20-25 plays.

Jason7730
Champ baby!!!

epicSocialism4tw
Champ Bailey. What else can be said?

eddie mac
Maybe a quarter Hamrob

dsmoot
...criticism flows pretty easily among Bronco fans.

Too easily. We see two offensive series and everyone is forecasting what the season trends will be.

cabronco
Bailey of course looks in midseason form, no rust. He's great cover guy & uderestimated for his tackling abilities...

tsiguy96
what was last play i missed it?

Hamrob
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I want to see the run blocking...come on run the flippin ball!

Los Broncos
Wow Champ is every where.

go_broncos
Orton throws behind again..he is getting good protection

epicSocialism4tw
Asamoagh and Revis get all the hype, but you should never discount the Champ.