PDA

View Full Version : Skins vs Bills Preseason Action!

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Watching the Bills vs Redskins right now. Hopefully some of you are mature enough to not turn this into a hate/spite thread... The Skins are looking good so far. McNabb ran the offense really well and the running game was cracking at 5 and 6 yards per carry. And as you would expect the TEs are being used quite well. Score is now 21-3 btw. Portis and Torain got most of the carries in the first quarter. Looking to see something from LJ and Willie P next. The Bills offense looks pretty bad. Spiller looked good though.

DenverBound
08-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Torain Looks really good.

WolfpackGuy
08-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Sucks about Torain.

He looked really good too in the 5 minutes he was healthy against the Browns.

OBF1
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
efff shanny

PS: I thought this was a circumcision thread.... just sayin

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Sucks about Torain.

He looked really good too in the 5 minutes he was healthy against the Browns.

I agree. If they guy could stay healthy he'd have a good chance at being an above average RB.

diehardbroncosfan
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
They have looked pretty good so far, but its obviously way too early to tell if this will carry over into the regular season. The fact that they are jumping out to an early lead is very characteristic of a Shannahan coached team; the real test will come in the regular season during the 3rd and 4th quarter. Will Shannahan sit on his lead then or go conservative like he did so often in Denver?

Also, the defense hasn't looked that great for Washington. They're playing a pretty anemic looking offense though so that's being covered up a little in my opinion.

I do have to say Torain looks good. If he can stay healthy (unfortunately a big if with him), he could be a major contributor.

Hogan11
08-13-2010, 06:47 PM
They have looked pretty good so far, but its obviously way too early to tell if this will carry over into the regular season. The fact that they are jumping out to an early lead is very characteristic of a Shannahan coached team; the real test will come in the regular season during the 3rd and 4th quarter. Will Shannahan sit on his lead then or go conservative like he did so often in Denver?

Also, the defense hasn't looked that great for Washington. They're playing a pretty anemic looking offense though so that's being covered up a little in my opinion.

I do have to say Torain looks good. If he can stay healthy (unfortunately a big if with him), he could be a major contributor.

So the Deadskin offense looks good while the defense doesn't thus far....

same as it ever was.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:48 PM

I think that backfield is too crowded for Torain to stick. Kind of sad, with our injuries they have 4 RBs that I'd take over our current starter! lol

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:49 PM
So the Deadskin offense looks good while the defense doesn't thus far....

same as it ever was.

Defense has a couple of turnovers and has given up three points... They are playing the Bills though.

The Skins OL is opening massive holes. This is all so familiar.

WolfpackGuy
08-13-2010, 06:50 PM
A few Skins front seven guys are misplaced.

Could be ugly for them for awhile on defense.

extralife
08-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I think that backfield is too crowded for Torain to stick. Kind of sad, with our injuries they have 4 RBs that I'd take over our current starter! lol

Torain will stick, even if it costs LJ or Willie Parker a spot. Shanahan loves young backs, and would you really want a team stuffed with over the hill ball carriers?

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:55 PM
The Chefs Falcons game is 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter and the Chefs have under 25 yards of total offense!!!!!!!!!

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
A few Skins front seven guys are misplaced.

Could be ugly for them for awhile on defense.

Yeah, I still think they're better suited right now to play in a 4-3 but you have to make the transition at some point and be dedicated to it. Same thing that McD did with the running game last year. We weren't suited for it but we will be this year I think. Haynesworth has looked decent though.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Jeez, Grossman looks halfway decent. That is surprising, IMO.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Torain will stick, even if it costs LJ or Willie Parker a spot. Shanahan loves young backs, and would you really want a team stuffed with over the hill ball carriers?

True. But then do they keep 4?

Kaylore
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Shanny's got a deep QB corps. McNabb will really flourish there. It's crazy seeing Kennan McCardell coaching.

SouthStndJunkie
08-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is a perfect fit for Shanny's offense.

I hope they kick some ass this year.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is a perfect fit for Shanny's offense.

I hope they kick some ass this year.

Yup, same here! Same as I pull for Kubes and the Texans!

Hamrob
08-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Shanny and that offense will be top 5 this year. And that with a bunch of no-name receivers. I like Haslett as well. I really think the skins are a 10-6 team in the making. They'll be in the post season is my guess.

Shanny is one hell of a coach.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Shanny and that offense will be top 5 this year. And that with a bunch of no-name receivers. I like Haslett as well. I really think the skins are a 10-6 team in the making. They'll be in the post season is my guess.

Shanny is one hell of a coach.

Should be interesting in the NFC E. The Cowboys have potentially the best team in the NFC. The Eagles (or at least Mike Dick) think they can win 12 games. The Giants and Skins both have potential, just depends on how the season plays out and like someone mentioned earlier, if Shanny learns to keep his foot on the pedal and continue to score beyond his 15 play script.

KipCorrington25
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Torain looks pretty decent, CJ Spiller is super quick, sort of the anti Knowshow.

Br0nc0Buster
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Im interested in seeing how the skins will do this year
I do imagine they will have an offense much better than recent years

the Bills do suck something fierce though, Chan Gailey as the HC....no idea what the FO was thinking with that hire

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Torain looks pretty decent, CJ Spiller is super quick, sort of the anti Knowshow.

Always cracks me up when people say that about Knowshon. He is plenty quick. His 10 yard times match up with most 4.4 guys, he just doesn't have the long speed.

UberBroncoMan
08-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Should be interesting in the NFC E. The Cowboys have potentially the best team in the NFC. The Eagles (or at least Mike Dick) think they can win 12 games. The Giants and Skins both have potential, just depends on how the season plays out and like someone mentioned earlier, if Shanny learns to keep his foot on the pedal and continue to score beyond his 15 play script.

Yep. The biggest problem I saw is that we never slit the throat of our opponents when given the chance and games would become nail biters, 4th quarter losses, etc.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Yep. The biggest problem I saw is that we never slit the throat of our opponents when given the chance and games would become nail biters, 4th quarter losses, etc.

That's what happened his final year vs the Bills. We had a chance to really put them away in the first half and he went conservative. Ultimately, that cost him his job in Denver.

Br0nc0Buster
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I had no idea Brandon Banks plays for Washington

hells yea

SouthStndJunkie
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Brandon Banks takes a punt return to da house for the Skins.

28-3 Skins.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM

28-3 Skins.

Did you hear what they were saying about him racing Chris Johnson and beating him...twice!

Then running a 4.4 at the combine after pulling up lame 25 yards into it with a hammy pull... are you friggin kidding me, he's that damned fast?!?

WolfpackGuy
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
That's what happened his final year vs the Bills. We had a chance to really put them away in the first half and he went conservative. Ultimately, that cost him his job in Denver.

That dumbass missed long FG attempt before the half turned that game around.

The game was OVER up to that point.

gunns
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
It's so hard to read anything during preseason. I've seen teams that stink it up in preseason come out and be a top team and vice versa. You have vets not playing up to their level and rookies trying too hard. It's just interesting seeing the different players and what they might be capable of.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Yup, I was at that game. It was at that point that I really started to feel that we needed to switch directions.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
It's so hard to read anything during preseason. I've seen teams that stink it up in preseason come out and be a top team and vice versa. You have vets not playing up to their level and rookies trying too hard. It's just interesting seeing the different players and what they might be capable of.

Very true but not so much so in this game. Both teams are playing starters longer and dealing with new coaches, systems, etc. Spiller was in in the 3rd quarter for example and Trent Williams played the entire first half. Still a preseason game but both coaches are showing their stuff to get a good evaluation of how players fit.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM

28-3 Skins.

I can't believe they got him as a UDFA! This guy's return potential could land him a spot on the team.

Hamrob
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
35-3...wow!

baja
08-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Shanny can sure build an offense.....

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Shanny can sure build an offense.....

It will be interesting to see if he can back off of the defense enough to allow Hasslet to do his thing?

I am very impressed with the OL he has built so quickly. His QBs have had all day to throw. Trent Williams looks like the real deal too, nice pick for them.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
So I guess Larry Johnson and Willie P aren't going to get any looks tonight... probably get the bulk of the owrk next week.

uplink
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
what was going on with the Synder halftime interview in the booth? He seems dazed, even Theisman commented to his face that he seemed underwhelmed when talking about the team. Maybe he and Shanny are already butting heads and it could be a short tenure for the coach in D.C.

Hamrob
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Should be interesting in the NFC E. The Cowboys have potentially the best team in the NFC. The Eagles (or at least Mike Dick) think they can win 12 games. The Giants and Skins both have potential, just depends on how the season plays out and like someone mentioned earlier, if Shanny learns to keep his foot on the pedal and continue to score beyond his 15 play script.I agree. Dallas is obviously the cream of the crop. I really don't think the Eagles or Giants have much on the Skins. I think with Shanny, McNabb and Haslet...the Skins will be right there in the mix in the NFLE! It should be fun to watch.

Hamrob
08-13-2010, 07:57 PM
what was going on with the Synder halftime interview in the booth? He seems dazed, even Theisman commented to his face that he seemed underwhelmed when talking about the team. Maybe he and Shanny are already butting heads and it could be a short tenure for the coach in D.C.Yeah, that's it. I can see...how you arrived at that.

Go back to bed...

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Anybody got a stream?

bronco militia
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that's it. I can see...how you arrived at that.

Go back to bed...

bwhaha

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
bwhaha

He's apparently very protective of Shanahan.

Dukes
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Shanny's got a deep QB corps. McNabb will really flourish there. It's crazy seeing Kennan McCardell coaching.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll be rooting for the Skins this year. McNabb and Shanny will be the perfect combo

TDmvp
08-13-2010, 08:28 PM
joe theismann sucks ...

I love how he tells stories with the facts all wrong , and mid story edits himself but still continues to tell the story .... Well moron when you butch the fact part so the story is wrong why keep telling it....

He was talking about Hasslet and the great job he did the year he won coach of the year while dealing with Katrina in 2000 and then throws in Katrina was 2006 and keeps telling the story ....

While on the screen it says hasllet won coach of the year in 2000...

I hate joe theismann ... carry on ...

uplink
08-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, that's it. I can see...how you arrived at that.

Go back to bed...

But I thought my bedtime was 10:30p.m. ? Anyway that's what I thought I heard Theisman say to him, I was wondering if that was the exchange or if I misunderstood it.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Well the Skins had a really good showing. Thanks everyone for keeping the conversation on topic and not turning it into a bash thread... and for those that peaked in and decided not to comment at all based on those premises, thank you too.

Nothing wrong with cheering for Shanny. Never been even close to a Skins fan, but I can get behind Shanny as long as they aren't playing the Broncos.

Dutch
08-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I wish Mike well, I really do. I completely appreciate everything he did for us. That said, I will never...EVER... root for the FN Foreskins....EVER. I was stationed at Quantico for over 4 years including being in Georgetown for Superbowl XXII. Didn't like their fans before that game. Moved to despised afterwards. No biggie as I can't stand any of the teams in the NFCE (lost three Superbowls to 'em...nuff said). I do hope they win the division for Mike and McNabb's sake.

Dutch
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
joe theismann sucks ...

I love how he tells stories with the facts all wrong , and mid story edits himself but still continues to tell the story .... Well moron when you butch the fact part so the story is wrong why keep telling it....

He was talking about Hasslet and the great job he did the year he won coach of the year while dealing with Katrina in 2000 and then throws in Katrina was 2006 and keeps telling the story ....

While on the screen it says hasllet won coach of the year in 2000...

I hate joe theismann ... carry on ...

One of the biggest reasons I cannot stand the Skins. Joe is an ass. Plain and simple. The nob slobbering over him by the Skins fans is similar to how we feel about John Elway. The difference is Joe T is a tool and couldn't carry John's jock when it comes to the way he conducts himself. John would have won a handfull of rings playing with the teams Theisman was on.

SoCalBronco
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm glad Shanny had a very nice opening performance. I'm definitely rooting for him to succeed.

Hogan11
08-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I wish Mike well, I really do. I completely appreciate everything he did for us. That said, I will never...EVER... root for the FN Foreskins....EVER.

Amen Brother......you are FAR from alone in this feeling.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Now watching the Iggles and Jags... Kolb looks great too!

Boobs McGee
08-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Now watching the Iggles and Jags... Kolb looks great too!

just what I was thinking. Maclin and jackson are gonna be a great combo this year...and kolb looks pretty calm and comfortable. Might be picking him up as my 2nd qb in ff :D

Arkie
08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
McNabb is kinda a poor man's Elway. Only he's always losing the championship game instead of the Super Bowl. Shanny coached an old scrambler in Elway to a couple of his greatest seasons. McNabb is in the same position.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
just what I was thinking. Maclin and jackson are gonna be a great combo this year...and kolb looks pretty calm and comfortable. Might be picking him up as my 2nd qb in ff :D

2nd QB? Only if you have Brees, Manning, Rodgers, and maybe Rivers or Brady as your #1. Good passer playing in a prolific passing offense with a great trio of receivers, a stud TE, and a RB that catches quite well out of the backfield. Yeah, you may want to reconsider that whole 2nd QB thing. I doubt he makes it out of round 4 in most drafts.

Dutch
08-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Kansas ****ty finally sees the endzone with 18 seconds left in the game. 10 Points for KC against the Falcons (who scored 20) and the last 7 were scored by the third stringers. Falcons D completely shut down the squaws.

Boobs McGee
08-13-2010, 09:07 PM
2nd QB? Only if you have Brees, Manning, Rodgers, and maybe Rivers or Brady as your #1. Good passer playing in a prolific passing offense with a great trio of receivers, a stud TE, and a RB that catches quite well out of the backfield. Yeah, you may want to reconsider that whole 2nd QB thing. I doubt he makes it out of round 4 in most drafts.

well, my plan's to go for rodgers (again, dude has been money for me the last couple years), but since it's a snake draft and I'm going third, I might go qb rb qb. We have an offensive utility spot, I'm a fan of playing two qb's (vs two rb's), so we'll see.

elsid13
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Skins fans are already acting like they discovered Torain on the post game shows.

WolfpackGuy
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
McNabb is kinda a poor man's Elway. Only he's always losing the championship game instead of the Super Bowl. Shanny coached an old scrambler in Elway to a couple of his greatest seasons. McNabb is in the same position.

And he's two years younger than Elway was at that point.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Skins fans are already acting like they discovered Torain on the post game shows.

I would love for Torain tha excel for Shanny. It'd be kinda cool to see the TorainTrain we all hoped for...

lostknight
08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Incredible offense. Their running game is just solid. Made me remember when we had that.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Amen Brother......you are FAR from alone in this feeling.

I'm with you here.

Hamrob
08-13-2010, 09:27 PM
The Skins will have a much better test next week against Baltimore. Eagles look like they have alot of talent but aren't the best at executing.

bronco militia
08-13-2010, 09:48 PM
oooof..

the bills are in trouble this year.....and the skins are in for a shock next week

Bronco Yoda
08-13-2010, 10:09 PM
That was really strange seeing shanahan on that sideline. Sorta like seeing your ex-girlfriend with someone else. Sure, you dumped her and her bad attitude with it.... but damn-it .... who's that now touching her ass? I shouldn't care. But I do strangely enough.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
That was really strange seeing shanahan on that sideline. Sorta like seeing your ex-girlfriend with someone else. Sure, you dumped her and her bad attitude with it.... but damn-it .... who's that now touching her ass? I shouldn't care. But I do strangely enough.

um... okaaaaay...

The MVPlaya
08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
The fact that your "ex-girlfriend" is in every single analogy of Shanahan on the the omane is scary.

TDmvp
08-13-2010, 10:17 PM
When pressed on the question a few years after Elway retired before we had Jake , WHO if I could have anyone to replace Elway at that point who was current who would I take.

and for Shanny's system I always said McNabb. Was kinda a good feeling when Shanny grabbed Mcnabb.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
When pressed on the question a few years after Elway retired before we had Jake , WHO if I could have anyone to replace Elway at that point who was current who would I take.

and for Shanny's system I always said McNabb. Was kinda a good feeling when Shanny grabbed Mcnabb.

I agree wholeheartedly. McNabb and Shanny just seem natural to me.

TDmvp
08-13-2010, 10:27 PM
um... okaaaaay...

O come on losing Shanny to me was like a part of my youth dieing.
So I get the girlfriend comparison.

I still blame myself for Shanny's final loss as a Bronco ...
I was a @$$hole all day that day before that game for no reason , snapping at people and just generally a being chode.

and Karma was like I'll show you , knock my team outa the playoffs in the final week , Loose the coach who is in all my favorite moments of football and part of what helped John get his rings and the QB and WR i though had a lot of potential .

I'm just kidding but hey maybe it was my fault LOL ...

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 10:34 PM
The East is gonna be the beast in the NFL this season. NFCE and AFCE are both sick divisions. Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins & Giants not too shabby. Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and then the Bills in the AFCE.

Archer81
08-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I wish Mike well, I really do. I completely appreciate everything he did for us. That said, I will never...EVER... root for the FN Foreskins....EVER. I was stationed at Quantico for over 4 years including being in Georgetown for Superbowl XXII. Didn't like their fans before that game. Moved to despised afterwards. No biggie as I can't stand any of the teams in the NFCE (lost three Superbowls to 'em...nuff said). I do hope they win the division for Mike and McNabb's sake.

We were at Quantico for SB 22...I hate the redskins. That hail to the redskins hail victory song they would play was ****ing bull****...

:Broncos:

TDmvp
08-13-2010, 10:42 PM
We were at Quantico for SB 22...I hate the redskins. That hail to the redskins hail victory song they would play was ****ing bull****...

Those fans the Hogs or whatever ...
http://www.buddysbroads.com/image/hogs.jpg

Was at the HOF induction when I went for Elway's and I had to hold back from throwing stuff and spitting on them for that super bowl. Not really , but kinda.

But I like Shanny and Mcnabb so I guess I'll over look it till shanny and Mcnabb aint there.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
AFCS might be real good too. Colts, Texans, Titans and Jaguars... or, it could suck. I'd love for the Kubs and the Texans to make some noise...

Archer81
08-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Those fans the Hogs or whatever ...
http://www.buddysbroads.com/image/hogs.jpg

Was at the HOF induction when I went for Elway's and I had to hold back from throwing stuff and spitting on them for that super bowl. Not really , but kinda.

But I like Shanny and Mcnabb so I guess I'll over look it till shanny and Mcnabb aint there.

I like Shanny...I like McNabb...I do not like either of them as Redskins...I feel the same way about the 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers. Jesus Christ could be the QB for the Redskins and I would have a hard time liking the team.

Archer81
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Im glad the redskins offense looks good in their first preseason game against a team that has not been in the playoffs for a decade and just released their best defensive lineman.

Kudos, Redskins.

TDmvp
08-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Jesus Christ could be the QB for the Redskins and I would have a hard time liking the team.

Hilarious!

I could see how that could happen .
If you was at a super bowl loss to them alone would be enough.

Raiders , Cowboys , Steelers , 49er's are those to me ... Maybe add in the Colts just for the Broncos probs during the last few years.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
All I know is, it was real weird seeing Shanny on the sideline in colors other than blue and orange. I hadn't seen any 'Skins offseason highlights or anything.

Not necessarily a commentary on anything, just weird.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2010, 10:56 PM
My most hated teams are still in the division. Tops is the faiders, then the chefs and then sandyeggo. As for other hated teams, I can't stand the cowpokes, I've never liked them. Other than the pokes I guess it's the ravens and the jags and the maybe the stellers...

Dutch
08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
I like Shanny...I like McNabb...I do not like either of them as Redskins...I feel the same way about the 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers. Jesus Christ could be the QB for the Redskins and I would have a hard time liking the team.

This! LOL

You said you were at Quantico in '88. Where at?

Archer81
08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
This! LOL

You said you were at Quantico in '88. Where at?

I was 7. If my memory serves my dad was there for OCS.

OBF1
08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I had as many tackles as Albert Haynesworth did tonight. I need to get paid better.

Dutch
08-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Hilarious!

I could see how that could happen .
If you was at a super bowl loss to them alone would be enough.

Raiders , Cowboys , Steelers , 49er's are those to me ... Maybe add in the Colts just for the Broncos probs during the last few years.

It was worse for me. I wasn't at the Superbowl, TDmvp. I was in Washington DC, in the bar district in Georgetown (think Lodo in Denver) and was the ONLY Bronco fan in a sportsbar surrounded by Deadskin fans. Elway hits the touchdown pass right away, and all is good. Then God reaches down and touches Doug Williams' arm, and the rest is history. There were skins fans who actually bought me beers by the end of the game and were apologizing for the beating, A-holes. Sucked ass big time.

Dutch
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I was 7. If my memory serves my dad was there for OCS.

Gotcha':thumbs:

Was your Dad attending, or was he an instructor? I ask as I did a'lot with the Enlisted Instructor's Platoon while I was there and had some good buddies out at OCS, TBS, and Scout Sniper School.

Archer81
08-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Gotcha':thumbs:

Was your Dad attending, or was he an instructor? I ask as I did a'lot with the Enlisted Instructor's Platoon while I was there and had some good buddies out at OCS, TBS, and Scout Sniper School.

He attended the first time we were at Quantico. He was also an instructor at TBS. He might have been an instructor for OCS later, I'd have to ask him for sure. We were stationed there four seperate times.

TomServo
08-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Always cracks me up when people say that about Knowshon. He is plenty quick. His 10 yard times match up with most 4.4 guys, he just doesn't have the long speed.

the cell phone guy had a longer run than knowshon. cell phone guy 37 yard carry. #12 in the entire draft-36.
yay.

Drek
08-14-2010, 04:19 AM
I know this thread is mostly a Shanny love fest of how the Skins are going to be good and all, but personally I just don't see it.

The OL looked mediocre and that was facing a Bills team that was seeing their first live action in Gailey's attempt at a 3-4 changeover. I see absolutely no way that OL doesn't get to watch Dallas, the Giants, and maybe even Philly if they get their D back on track eat their lunch all day every time they play.

And we know what happens if McNabb gets hit. He gets hurt and misses significant time.

Their D also seems very suspect. Holding the Bills in chick isn't much of an accomplishment. A lot of guys look very out of place, not the least of which being Haynesworth who I don't think they can expect much of anything out of this season.

Shanahan has them moving in the right direction, but he can't afford any stumbles along the way with the short window of opportunity he's got with McNabb. I think the OL and making a defensive formation change might just slam that shut before he gets a real chance.

The MVPlaya
08-14-2010, 04:53 AM
We'll see how the Redskins fare next week against the Ravens. Bills are probably the joke of the league/the worst team in the league.

I agree, their D looked very suspect. Regardless of well they looked against the Bills offense... I still don't think they're going to good.

According to Haynesworth, they're not running a 3-4 that he "was thinking of." The 3-4 Shanny tried to install here was a complete joke. Even McDaniels had a hard time holding back disgust when referring to it.

Broncoman13
08-14-2010, 08:42 AM
the cell phone guy had a longer run than knowshon. cell phone guy 37 yard carry. #12 in the entire draft-36.
yay.

You're making a point with one yard. Nice work genius, now don't forget to point out how everyone else's 10 yard splits were .01 faster than Knowshon's! You really got me on that first one tho.

Broncoman13
08-14-2010, 08:55 AM
I know this thread is mostly a Shanny love fest of how

the Skins are going to be good and all, but personally I just don't see it.

The OL looked mediocre and that was facing a Bills team that was seeing their first live action in Gailey's attempt at a 3-4 changeover. I see absolutely no way that OL doesn't get to watch Dallas, the Giants, and maybe even Philly if they get their D back on track eat their lunch all day every time they play.

And we know what happens if McNabb gets hit. He gets hurt and misses significant time.

Their D also seems very suspect. Holding the Bills in chick isn't much of an accomplishment. A lot of guys look very out of place, not the least of which being Haynesworth who I don't think they can expect much of anything out of this season.

I think they are a lot further along than they were when the season ended last year. That team is significantly improved from a year ago. The OL was by far the weakest link, the fact that they are showing any life is a credit to Shanny. On defense, new system with new players. It will take some time for these new systems to come together. I wasn't the one saying they would win the NFCE this year, simply I said they are moving in the right direction. I guess the best way to describe the Skins is as Swiss Cheese, holes all over the place. If Shanny can plug those holes in year one, they're still gonna be cheese and a little soft, but as a result of Shanny putting in his changes they will at least be on the right track... You know, "we're a couple players away..."

Shanahan has them moving in the right direction, but he can't afford any stumbles along the way with the short window of opportunity he's got with McNabb. I think the OL and making a defensive formation change might just slam that shut before he gets a real chance.

sorry Drek, lost my post somehow... Trying to post from my cell...

Broncoman13
08-14-2010, 08:56 AM
We'll see how the Redskins fare next week against the Ravens. Bills are probably the joke of the league/the worst team in the league.

I agree, their D looked very suspect. Regardless of well they looked against the Bills offense... I still don't think they're going to good.

According to Haynesworth, they're not running a 3-4 that he "was thinking of." The 3-4 Shanny tried to install here was a complete joke. Even McDaniels had a hard time holding back disgust when referring to it.

The 3-4 Shanny tried to install in Denver when?

TonyR
08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
...but personally I just don't see it...

Agree. People are taking way too much from a preseason game. I'll be rooting for the Skins in the NFC East but I don't see them finishing better than 3rd. The Eagles wouldn't have traded McNabb to the Skins if they were concerned about the Skins being better than them and the Cowboys are loaded with talent (but do have some concerns, particularly on the OL).

montrose
08-14-2010, 09:33 AM
The 3-4 Shanny tried to install in Denver when?

We tried running it in 2008, it was a disaster.

Hamrob
08-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I know this thread is mostly a Shanny love fest of how the Skins are going to be good and all, but personally I just don't see it.

Shanahan has them moving in the right direction, but he can't afford any stumbles along the way with the short window of opportunity he's got with McNabb. I think the OL and making a defensive formation change might just slam that shut before he gets a real chance.I don't think the Skins are going to run away with anything...but, I think they'll compete with Eagles and Giants for 2nd place in the NFCE. I actually thought there Oline looked pretty good and that Williams kid seems to be very solid...ala Clady as a rookie. And that Banks kid...what a find he looks to be.

Shanny is one heck of a coach and McNaab is only what 32/33. He's got a solid 5yr window to make it happen.

But, come one, this was a 4 win team a year ago. If they go 8-8 they've come along ways. They may even sneak in as a Wild Card team. Let's see how the fare against the Ravens.

Broncoman13
08-14-2010, 09:42 AM

Ahh yeah, erased that gaggle from the memory banks!

Kaylore
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM

One of my favorite quotes from McDaniels was the only time I saw him criticize some of what Shanahan did here and it alluded to that: "Well...the 3-4 wasn't really here to begin with."

Cito Pelon
08-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I heard Torain ran for 3.6 YPC last night.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I heard Torain ran for 3.6 YPC last night.

Did he have the most carries?

Abqbronco
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM

That was the first game I went to in years. There were a bunch of drunk Bills fans sitting in front of us talking trash. Cutler took the offense down the field and absolutely shredded that team. I let my friendly Bills fans have. Then we lost. They all turned around and smiled at me. Dicks...

montrose
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM
In regards to teams I hate, growing up in MD for so long, I hate both the Ravens and Redskins right with the other AFCW teams and the Patriots (b/c all things Boston suck). As long as Shanny is coaching any of those teams, I hope he fails miserably just as if any other coach were there.

Call me cold hearted by through the years I've really removed emotional attachment to specific individuals, I think this happened as I saw Atwater in a Jets uniform, and some of my favorites like Wilson and Plummer f'ed over by the organization (not a shot on the Broncos, every team does it - it's just the NFL). I will have to say that thought it would be hard for me not to root for McDaniels if he goes to another team someday, I've just fallen head over heals for the guy - like many of the hardcore Shanny fans here.

Ray Finkle
08-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Did he have the most carries?

He did but it was against the last stringers of the Bills for the most part. He did look good and there were cutback lanes BUT he still runs completely upright. Let's see how he does against the Ravens.

Hogan11
08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
It was worse for me. I wasn't at the Superbowl, TDmvp. I was in Washington DC, in the bar district in Georgetown (think Lodo in Denver) and was the ONLY Bronco fan in a sportsbar surrounded by Deadskin fans. Elway hits the touchdown pass right away, and all is good. Then God reaches down and touches Doug Williams' arm, and the rest is history. There were skins fans who actually bought me beers by the end of the game and were apologizing for the beating, A-holes. Sucked ass big time.

I grew up with a couple of Redskins fans and they were always aholes. When they beat Denver in the SB, they entered the permanent shiat list along with the Cowboys, Giants & 49ers as far as I'm concerned.