PDA

View Full Version : OM Fantasy Football

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Broncoman13
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
This brings up a good point, which has been an issue throughout the whole season. I wouldn't think that a league that you are paying 50 for would have this problem, but I have played in leagues where if you don't click a button to submit a roster for a week you automatically forfit your entire season...including already played games.

If we are going to do this again next year there should be stipulation about consecutive weeks or something to that manner. Its not like it is to hard to contact someone any one of the ways we have available to us, Omane, the league website, or email.

Oh I contacted CBF1 and tried to contact Mock (RIP). CBF1 said after a couple players had 50 point weeks that he didn't read the rules before the draft and didn't like the scoring system and wouldn't be playing. This was several weeks ago.

HAT
11-18-2010, 01:33 PM
This brings up a good point, which has been an issue throughout the whole season. I wouldn't think that a league that you are paying 50 for would have this problem, but I have played in leagues where if you don't click a button to submit a roster for a week you automatically forfit your entire season...including already played games.

If we are going to do this again next year there should be stipulation about consecutive weeks or something to that manner. Its not like it is to hard to contact someone any one of the ways we have available to us, Omane, the league website, or email.

I wouldn't have a problem at all with something like that as long as it is established beforehand. It'd have to be like 2-3 weeks + in a row though to account for vacations, emergencies, hangovers, etc.

My main issue is changing the rules along the way. (Not saying that B'man or Apa are going to either). To me it would be no different than changing scoring rules or roster sizes.

I would be uber pissed if I somehow won the NPN conference and lost the championship game to someone who shouldn't have even made the playoffs in the OM bracket.

Doggcow
11-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh I contacted CBF1 and tried to contact Mock (RIP). CBF1 said after a couple players had 50 point weeks that he didn't read the rules before the draft and didn't like the scoring system and wouldn't be playing. This was several weeks ago.

Lol, we should tell him that he has a very good team in this system!

Broncoman13
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't have a problem at all with something like that as long as it is established beforehand. It'd have to be like 2-3 weeks + in a row though to account for vacations, emergencies, hangovers, etc.

My main issue is changing the rules along the way. (Not saying that B'man or Apa are going to either). To me it would be no different than changing scoring rules or roster sizes.

I would be uber pissed if I somehow won the NPN conference and lost the championship game to someone who shouldn't have even made the playoffs in the OM bracket.

Speaking of changing roster sizes. I will most likely ask for the league to vote on an additional roster slot for "injured reserve".

As for CBF1, I haven't decided to go one way or another... I personally have issues with an ownerless team being in the playoffs, but if the league finds it acceptable as a whole (or a majority) then I'll go with it.

I agree that next year we should add a by-law for abandoned teams. I like the idea of 2-3 weeks. But what do you do in that event? Release all players and make them available? Supplemental draft? Then you have an imbalance between the two conferences. A "throw-down" owner may be an option as well as a forfeit for all games. We'll figure it out, I'm just not sure what the best option is at this point.

Mock and CBF1 both have some pretty good teams too. Mock (God rest his soul) could have made some serious moves with all the WRs he has. Nicks is one of the top receivers in FF and hasn't played a single game!

OBF1
11-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Since I see my name mentioned alot as of late here is my take.

Everyone should really worry about making the best of their own team and try to improve it until their heart is content. If everyone else plays a lame duck or abandoned team, it evens it all out in the long run since everyone will get a shot at said team. If someone makes the playoffs without making any roster changes or playing people on a bye week, more power to them and their drafting ability. If your team can not beat a team that is playing bye week or injured players, your team pretty much sucks and you should not be bringing unwanted attention to yourself by bringing up this matter.

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. all of you inspiring Obama wannabe's

I am now off my soapbox, carry on and flame away.

HAT
11-19-2010, 11:04 AM
since i see my name mentioned alot as of late here is my take.

Everyone should really worry about making the best of their own team and try to improve it until their heart is content. If everyone else plays a lame duck or abandoned team, it evens it all out in the long run since everyone will get a shot at said team. If someone makes the playoffs without making any roster changes or playing people on a bye week, more power to them and their drafting ability. If your team can not beat a team that is playing bye week or injured players, your team pretty much sucks and you should not be bringing unwanted attention to yourself by bringing up this matter.

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. All of you inspiring obama wannabe's

i am now off my soapbox, carry on and flame away.

+1,000

missingnumber7
11-19-2010, 11:51 AM

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. all of you inspiring Obama wannabe's

Not flaming at all, just sick of people complaining about it. I know that life is busy and stuff that is more important than fantasy football comes up and sometimes the results of said fantasy makes it kinda unimportant. And I agree, that in all essence is does even out. I just threw that rule out there as an idea. I have also been in leagues where guys didn't log in and the commish would adjust rosters as needed so no by week guys were in, unless they were playing against him and that's bs. But other than that alls good.

You and chica should to come to Phoenix;)

Bad Reflexes
11-19-2010, 01:01 PM

In the same amount of time it took you to read all the posts "with your name mentioned", and post this lame response... you could have set your lineup 5 times! And we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I don't respect quitters... as far as I'm concerned, you let 23 other people down.

missingnumber7
11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
In the same amount of time it took you to read all the posts "with your name mentioned", and post this lame response... you could have set your lineup 5 times! And we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I don't respect quitters... as far as I'm concerned, you let 23 other people down.

Really? I mean he didn't let me down...and all in all I really don't care. The way things have gone with this league from the begining it doesn't supprise me that people are punking each other out.

Broncoman13
11-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Really? I mean he didn't let me down...and all in all I really don't care. The way things have gone with this league from the begining it doesn't supprise me that people are punking each other out.

:spit:

I consider Dimitri a friend as well... doesn't mean I can't be upset with him for failing to perform his duties as an owner. I agree with BR, he let the other owners down by deciding not to play. Had he played his team the playoffs and seedings could be drastically different. Not saying that you should be upset with him, just saying that there is a different perspective to yours. And it's not like he decided not to play b/c he was busy. He decided not to play b/c he didn't like the scoring.

Doggcow
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
:spit:

I consider Dimitri a friend as well... doesn't mean I can't be upset with him for failing to perform his duties as an owner. I agree with BR, he let the other owners down by deciding not to play. Had he played his team the playoffs and seedings could be drastically different. Not saying that you should be upset with him, just saying that there is a different perspective to yours. And it's not like he decided not to play b/c he was busy. He decided not to play b/c he didn't like the scoring.

Even though he has like a top 2 or 3 team for the scoring system? lol.

phillybroncosnut
11-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Apa.... did you get my trade offer?

theAPAOps5
11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Apa.... did you get my trade offer?

No sorry I missed it. I will go look.

phillybroncosnut
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
PM me here or email me at cuoz7@yahoo.com if u want to counter or whatever

theAPAOps5
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Ok, I am thinking about it. I will let you know.

phillybroncosnut
11-19-2010, 07:19 PM
K.... Im around.... will be all night. Let me know brotha

Bad Reflexes
11-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh... my bad... Guess CBF only let 22 people down cuz the guy with a 2.5 game lead, in the weakest division, with two weeks left in the season... doesn't care. 4321~

missingnumber7
11-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh... my bad... Guess CBF only let 22 people down cuz the guy with a 2.5 game lead, in the weakest division, with two weeks left in the season... doesn't care. 4321~

Would you like some more cheese with your wine...seriously you sound worse than my 10 year old.

Doggcow
11-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Would you like some more cheese with your wine...seriously you sound worse than my 10 year old.

TBH your team isn't relevant this week, as he will probably beat you by 80+ points... lol

Bad Reflexes
11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Your 10 year old values fair play, hates quitters, and expects people to fulfill their obligations too? That's impressive!

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Btw, would there be any way next year to maybe have a FA period on Saturday? Sometimes **** happens in practice etc on thurs/fri and you need to snag a FA, just keep the Thursday Night guys locked with other waivers though.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Lol... I love this guy.

He's offering us his bench so he can get our top players...

He tried to offer me Marshawn (Worthless), Torain (Injured, and news Portis may be otw back), and Fitzgerald (That's a good situation... lol, I have solid WR's anyway... Not to mention you can waiver a guy like Mike Williams and outscore fitz, like I did.)

For Mojo (Straight Cash Homie), I think he even wanted some other players of mine... I wouldn't have taken the trade for JUST Mojo, ROFL. Why would I want 2 mediocre bench RB's when I could keep Mojo, and have Addai/TJones to rotate in the 2/flex spot (Both of which are probably better options down the stretch than Torain/Marshawn...

I'm crushingly right yet again...

My WR's WAY Better than Fitzgerald... LOL

Mojo should have had like 6 more too if he doesnt fall down on the 1! Torain out, Marshawn and Fitz are horrible too :D

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 02:30 PM
K.... Im around.... will be all night. Let me know brotha

Tried to counter but it was Sunday and trades are closed. IF you are still interested maybe we can talk this week. I definitely am going to counter though.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Tried to counter but it was Sunday and trades are closed. IF you are still interested maybe we can talk this week. I definitely am going to counter though.

Trade deadline was yesterday I'm pretty sure commish......

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Trade deadline was yesterday I'm pretty sure commish......

Shut up douche.

Truthfully Alex is the rules guy so I didn't even realize, douche.....

That better, douche.....

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm crushingly right yet again...

My WR's WAY Better than Fitzgerald... LOL

Mojo should have had like 6 more too if he doesnt fall down on the 1! Torain out, Marshawn and Fitz are horrible too :D

Dude... arent my nuts getting soggy in ur mouth yet? I made a trade offer that didnt work out for you. Let it go, jesus christ!

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Dude... arent my nuts getting soggy in ur mouth yet? I made a trade offer that didnt work out for you. Let it go, jesus christ!

Don't worry Philly, he won't be back next year so only have to deal with him a little longer.

Sorry about the trade, I totally spaced the deadline. I would have countered but for some reason didn't think about the deadline.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Shut up douche.

That better, douche.....

I'm a douche for trying to help save you the time of throwing up a trade offer? Ok.

I just figured you would know when the trade deadline was since there is only 1 per season, and it's the only deadline of the season...

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Don't worry Philly, he won't be back next year so only have to deal with him a little longer.

Sorry about the trade, I totally spaced the deadline. I would have countered but for some reason didn't think about the deadline.

Rofl, you're such a pussy. Seriously.

It's fantasy football.

This league is soft as hell.

phillybroncosnut
Shut up douche.

That better, douche.....

Who the eff is this clown Apa? Never heard of him. If the deadline has passed, so be it. Id like to negotiate if the deadline hasnt passed yet.

theAPAOps5
I'm a douche for trying to help save you the time of throwing up a trade offer? Ok.

I just figured you would know when the trade deadline was since there is only 1 per season, and it's the only deadline of the season...

Like I said I didn't realize we were there. And that isn't why you said that, douche....

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Who the eff is this clown Apa? Never heard of him. If the deadline has passed, so be it. Id like to negotiate if the deadline hasnt passed yet.

He is a little kid who is easy as hell to manipulate. See his ever so thoughtful retort! He is a puppet!

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Rofl, you're such a p***Y. Seriously.

It's fantasy football.

This league is soft as hell.

Im far from soft. Just your lame smack is, well, very lame. quoting your own post from 2 weeks ago is nothing more then suvcking your own c*ck for the sake of sucking ur own c*ck.
Whats weak is people who bitch about an isolated incident 3 weeks later. You're a tool

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Im far from soft. Just your lame smack is, well, very lame. quoting your own post from 2 weeks ago is nothing more then suvcking your own c*ck for the sake of sucking ur own c*ck.
Whats weak is people who b**** about an isolated incident 3 weeks later. You're a tool

Quoted For Truth!

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:14 PM

I love how I've been called out, both times that I said trades were absolutely ludicrous.

Sorry for being so damn right, and absolutely annihilating you guys there.

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Like I said I didn't realize we were there. And that isn't why you said that, douche....

I didnt realize the deadline was here either. I never opened the league calander until just now.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Quoted For Truth!

Which you're complaining about an incident that happened at the beginning of the season right now, because the site sucks balls, and reverting to that to be mad at me and kicking me out.

Lol so weak, and hypocritical.

Sorry that me and my bro are absolutely dominating and grinding y'alls asses even more.

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah but your Bro is cool and more than welcome next year. Especially with how he makes fun of you behind the scenes.

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I love how I've been called out, both times that I said trades were absolutely ludicrous.

Sorry for being so damn right, and absolutely annihilating you guys there.

You woulda been right just by saying "no" to the deal. Instead You jumped on a soapbox and posted here what my trade offer was. I OFFERED trades. If you dont like it, be a man and just decline instead of taking out ur megaphone shouting "look how smart I am".
Friggin Narcisist

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah but your Bro is cool and more than welcome next year. Especially with how he makes fun of you behind the scenes.

Who is his bro??

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Which you're complaining about an incident that happened at the beginning of the season right now, because the site sucks balls, and reverting to that to be mad at me and kicking me out.

Lol so weak, and hypocritical.

Sorry that me and my bro are absolutely dominating and grinding y'alls asses even more.

Its a week to week thing with every team. My team is gonna struggle because I only have 1 RB to rely on. I tried to improve via trade but it didnt work out.
If Torrain gets back healthy or seattle can figure out who they are gonna use each week, I should be more stable. Until then, Ill struggle with consistent scoring. If a #2 RB steps up, I will be solid and have just a good a chance at winning the whole league. Lets see what happens.
Either way, Im playing with house money anyway.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Waaah, my team has been irrelevant for 5 weeks so I'm trying to talk smack.

You're to cool.

Site still blows. Ownership definitely blows. a $250 prize for a 24 team league too... Got some good money management as well.

Sorry for not having a problem with making fun of you to your face, and hurting your feelings commish.

Trade deadline was yesterday, btw, just in case you forgot.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh the Irony. McApa can dish but he can't receive.

At least I'm not the commissioner of this league, that'd be embarassing.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2975436&postcount=9

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Waaah, my team has been irrelevant for 5 weeks so I'm trying to talk smack.

You're to cool.

Site still blows. Ownership definitely blows. a $250 prize for a 24 team league too... Got some good money management as well.

Sorry for not having a problem with making fun of you to your face, and hurting your feelings commish.

Trade deadline was yesterday, btw, just in case you forgot.

Dude, are you serious? This league has been going since 2002 and the prize and team entries have remained the same. We aint here to get rich. Thats what our careers are for.
Ungrateful d!ckbag

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Dude, are you serious? This league has been going since 2002 and the prize and team entries have remained the same. We aint here to get rich. Thats what our careers are for.
Ungrateful d!ckbag

I'd hope so, as it is 182-54 right now.

It's fantasy football. You shouldn't play, and talk ****, if you can't take it.

Next year make sure to have a disclaimer at the beginning of the season "No Meanies" lol

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd hope so, as it is 182-54 right now.

It's fantasy football. You shouldn't play, and talk ****, if you can't take it.

Next year make sure to have a disclaimer at the beginning of the season "No Meanies" lol

Can you stick to the subject at least? Are you capable of reading comprehension? You ripped the league and it commissioners. I ripped you for it, you responded with our score? Mmmmmkay

Hope you can say "would you like fries with that"

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Can you stick to the subject at least? Are you capable of reading comprehension? You ripped the league and it commissioners. I ripped you for it, you responded with our score? Mmmmmkay

His posting is like his pretend sex life. He just unloads in an awkward way like he has no clue what he is doing. We can just shake our heads and try not to laugh at him. Pathetic really, bet he lives in his Mom's basement too!

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:39 PM

You took the tangent of making money in the league, I continued on it. It was your final sentence, thus, the direction of the subject.

I ripped the commish for being a hypocrite, which he is. So that's why he's mad about it.

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh the Irony. McApa can dish but he can't receive.

At least I'm not the commissioner of this league, that'd be embarassing.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2975436&postcount=9

The trade deadline had passed for that weak. Not sure what you are trying to prove. Simpleton

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
His posting is like his pretend sex life. He just unloads in an awkward way like he has no clue what he is doing. We can just shake our heads and try not to laugh at him. Pathetic really, bet he lives in his Mom's basement too!

ROFL, I love the internet. I'm also 300 lbs, you left that out, oh yeah and I'm gay.

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
ROFL, I love the internet. I'm also 300 lbs, you left that out, oh yeah and I'm gay.

I was just making a pretty educated guess as you do a good job showing your age here. Simpleton.....

Is that too complex a word should I used dummy or tard. That more your level of education?

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
The trade deadline had passed for that weak. Not sure what you are trying to prove. Simpleton

Just like it passed this week, simpleton. But I'm a douche for pointing it out for you? You're not for doing it to me? You sound like a girl with your double standards.

Was making a point to the absolute lack of backbone and any sort of dignity that you possess.

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
You took the tangent of making money in the league, I continued on it. It was your final sentence, thus, the direction of the subject.

I ripped the commish for being a hypocrite, which he is. So that's why he's mad about it.

Thats fine..... You are the type of owner that made me stop running a league. You know, the know it all, could do it better then anyone else but never actually does it. He just talks a great game.
BTW, I've won this league before..... come back when you can say the same.

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Just like it passed this week, simpleton. But I'm a douche for pointing it out for you? You're not for doing it to me? You sound like a girl with your double standards.

Was making a point to the absolute lack of backbone and any sort of dignity that you possess.

No its passed for the season, that was your point. Don't change the phrasing now that your got outed.
Simpleton.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I was just making a pretty educated guess as you do a good job showing your age here. Simpleton.....

Is that too complex a word should I used dummy or tard. That more your level of education?

This forum is nothing more than a form of entertainment, lol.

I will never meet you, nor do we care to, nor is anything we do on this forum relevant outside of it's own sphere.

I'm having fun. Are you? Obviously not, if you kick everyone out that points out your lack of attention or hurts your feelings by saying Mike Sims walker and your team sucks. (when it does)

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I am having a blast. Everything I type I am chuckling because I know it will get you going more. My feelings are far from hurt!

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:49 PM
No its passed for the season, that was your point. Don't change the phrasing now that your got outed.
Simpleton.

The "Trade deadline" only passes ONCE, it passed for the SEASON it was THIS week. Go check YOUR league calendar COMMISSIONER.

You're arguing semantics, and you're wrong.

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
This league has run just fine for the 7 year before DoggSh!t was an owner and Im quite sure it will run just fine without DoggSh!t in the future

theAPAOps5
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
The "Trade deadline" only passes ONCE, it passed for the SEASON it was THIS week. Go check YOUR league calendar COMMISSIONER.

You're arguing semantics, and you're wrong.

Um you just restated what I just said. You are trying to take me pointing out that the Trade Deadline had past for the week as an argument for me being a hypocrite.

You can't even get your thoughts straight. Dropped as a kid?

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Thats fine..... You are the type of owner that made me stop running a league. You know, the know it all, could do it better then anyone else but never actually does it. He just talks a great game.
BTW, I've won this league before..... come back when you can say the same.

I got an Omane league put together last year and did everything but handle the money and the last few emails/setup which JCM and I worked on together.

It ran fluidly, no one had any problems.

Go check.

We're both 0-0 in season's we've participated in together, but you got me bringing up seasons that I was competing in other leagues... lol.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
This league has run just fine for the 7 year before Dogg**** was an owner and Im quite sure it will run just fine without Dogg**** in the future

Damn.

It's terrible that there will never be another fantasy league to join ever again. I'm distraught.

phillybroncosnut
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Damn.

It's terrible that there will never be another fantasy league to join ever again. I'm distraught.

I said THIS league jackass. Again, reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.

You just dont get it. I can dish out the trash and I can take it. What you do isnt trash talk. You pound your chest like you are the greatest FF player of all time. I cant stomach guys like you. You are a tool

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I said THIS league jackass. Again, reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.

You just dont get it. I can dish out the trash and I can take it. What you do isnt trash talk. You pound your chest like you are the greatest FF player of all time. I cant stomach guys like you. You are a tool

Why make that statement, directed at me then? As if I am losing something, lol. Cmon Brah, we're both better off this way.

And I was making a point to the extent that I will also survive without this league as well. It'll be hard, I know. I'll definitely schedule some time at my psychiatrist to deal with it.

I'm not the greatest FF player of all time, that's my brother. Duh. Everyone in this league should know that. Have you seen his scores every week?!

Broncoman13
11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Btw, would there be any way next year to maybe have a FA period on Saturday? Sometimes **** happens in practice etc on thurs/fri and you need to snag a FA, just keep the Thursday Night guys locked with other waivers though.

I think that would be a good idea. Will make this adjustment for next year for sure!

Btw, not sure what your issue is with the prizes. I agree with Philly that this league isn't meant for "getting rich". The intent was for there be plenty of opportunity for everyone to win some "prizes". The fact of the matter is there will be five or six owners that end up with the bulk of the prizes. Start factoring in the $ for high points each week and there are a few that have pretty much already made their entry fee back. Not to mention the entry fee prize (equiv.) side games in Survivor and Pick'em. Anyhow, this league was started with the intent of OM bragging rights and to sport a custom jersey as your trophy. I think you're be "attacked" partially b/c you're unfamiliar with the tradition and in part b/c you're making yourself a pretty easy target.

Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play. The real issues are hardly being discussed and they will be addressed for next year. The funny thing is, the rules were the same in years past and never led to this much discussion or complaints.

Doggcow
11-21-2010, 11:53 PM
I think that would be a good idea. Will make this adjustment for next year for sure!

Btw, not sure what your issue is with the prizes. I agree with Philly that this league isn't meant for "getting rich". The intent was for there be plenty of opportunity for everyone to win some "prizes". The fact of the matter is there will be five or six owners that end up with the bulk of the prizes. Start factoring in the $ for high points each week and there are a few that have pretty much already made their entry fee back. Not to mention the entry fee prize (equiv.) side games in Survivor and Pick'em. Anyhow, this league was started with the intent of OM bragging rights and to sport a custom jersey as your trophy. I think you're be "attacked" partially b/c you're unfamiliar with the tradition and in part b/c you're making yourself a pretty easy target.

Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play. The real issues are hardly being discussed and they will be addressed for next year. The funny thing is, the rules were the same in years past and never led to this much discussion or complaints.

I never complained about the rules once. Just the site layout to begin with, which I got over. I figure I may as well have my fun and not pull any punches at this point if I'm just getting tossed anyway, so I'll make the most of it :)

As far as prizes are thats just part of the site thing as it is pretty expensive at the $45 buy in price point, it eats up 4 peoples entries in both leagues, that's a hefty chunk. The overhead is pretty high is all.

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Playoffs starting to fall into place.

#1 Seed: Your "Points Against"
#2 Seed: Doggcow and his Meanie Head Posse
#3 Seed: Missing Striped Socks
#4 Seed: Dos Rios' Sodbusters
#5/6 Seed: Floridian + CBF

Floridian and Philly decide their own fate. If both win, they're in, if one wins and other loses, they get 5, both lose - Floridian has Tiebreaker over Philly.

Floridian has Tiebreakers on all 6-6 teams should it occur with most points scored and H2H vs all of them (I think points scored takes precedence in a 3 or more way tie?).

CBF is also knocking on the Door with that damn tie. Could get him in over the other two if they lose, in which case Floridian is 6 at 6-6 and CBF is 5 at 6-5-1.

McApa, sorry to say, is OUTTA HERE, as Philly smoked him week 10 169-83. So realistically the trade deadline didn't really matter for you anyway, so it's no big deal.

Bad Reflexes
11-22-2010, 01:33 AM

Yep... it's all about the Jersey and the Bragging Right's anyway. Even in my past "Big Money" leagues... the cash was nowhere near as important to me as: "Winning"!

Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play.
Also quoted for truth!

As I said months ago... I've played on lots of different sites. This one has capabilities none of the free sites have. The only comparable site IMO (CBS) would cost at least $100 more for 24 teams (and they would be split into two separate leagues so you would only be able to view stats in your conference, not both... which sucks).

And while I'm at it...

I very much like the idea of an "IR" slot. The benches seem pretty big already though, for a 12 team league. Too easy to stockpile. I think the IR slot should take the place of a current bench slot. This would increase the waiver pool.

I love the scoring system! Krazy fun IMO! Please don't change it...

Been thinking about the whole "quitting" thing... And I honestly got nothin good.

On one hand, I kinda agree... If someone pays for a team, It's their right to do with it as they please...
But if that has a negative effect on other owners, who also paid for their teams... That's not cool!

I would support a rule that would transfer ownership of an "abandoned" team to a new owner?

Basically, everyone get's 1 free screw up. But if you fail to set your line-up a 2nd time, the Commissioner set's the line-up that week, and posts a thread on OM looking for someone to take over the team (for free). The new owner would then get whatever that team managed to win...

My thinking behind this is... I could set my line-up from my phone if I wanted to. It takes 5 minutes... Don't give me this "life is busy" crap! IT TAKES 5 MINUTES! Who doesn't "Pick their nose longer that that every week"!

And, besides... If you don't care enough to set your line-up... why would you care if we gave your team away?

Just my .02

Be nice if you guys would quit antagonizing each other!

Broncoman13
11-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Meh, they can poke at each other all they want... keeps me and my 200 point week under the radar!!! :)

Good post BR, you're a welcome addition to the OM League... hopefully your brother will eventually fall in line and quit being the easy target. Almost two pages, but I did get a good chuckle out of it.

Playoffs are indeed starting to fall in place. There will be some very important games next week. I need to sit down and review everything and start updating those who are already in and have locked things up... seems like that Worm guy may make the playoffs!!!

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Meh, they can poke at each other all they want... keeps me and my 200 point week under the radar!!! :)

Good post BR, you're a welcome addition to the OM League... hopefully your brother will eventually fall in line and quit being the easy target. Almost two pages, but I did get a good chuckle out of it.

Playoffs are indeed starting to fall in place. There will be some very important games next week. I need to sit down and review everything and start updating those who are already in and have locked things up... seems like that Worm guy may make the playoffs!!!

Yep, playoffs are falling into place. I just had a bad team this year. What can you say! I am leading my other league and hopefully if things line up correctly will be winning $600.00 here pretty soon funny how you can tank one and kill in the other!

I will be sticking around watching the rest of the season for sure! Good luck to ALL the playoff teams.

worm
11-22-2010, 09:07 AM

I will be lucky to win another game. You are the man to beat in the Neck Pony conf.

That Hillis guy is a machine!

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I will be lucky to win another game. You are the man to beat in the Neck Pony conf.

That Hillis guy is a machine!

You definitely put your rape face on in that trade.

Bad Reflexes
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Really? Why? Because he's "handicapped" when it comes to message board smack talk?

That's a pretty stupid reason commish!

I don't know anything about ya'lls "cross-thread" spat, and I don't much care to. But I do know that my brother:
1) Set his lineup every week
2) Was active on waivers and made several trades
3) post's on both the site and the thread!
Since week 3, probably less than half the owners in this league can say the same! That's a GOOD owner... that's the kind of owner that makes leagues work! What rule did he break? the "Don't Annoy People" rule? That's kind of, a part of fantasy football IMO! I wish more people would get into the smack talk personally!

Not you though bro... you are bad at it...

That being said... His *ahem* smack talk was at least "Football Related"! You and Philly jumped him with a bunch of name calling? Baiting him with taunt's about his age & manhood? And you call him "Childish"? Seriously?

Seriously!?!

Bro! you gotta come back with the all powerful "I'm rubber & you're glue..."! Or better yet, "You're a Double-Douche times infinity"! That'll teach em!

Personally, I think it's more fun to beat annoying people! Especially my brother! Course, I probably would have choked him during our H2H match-up if he wasn't 400 miles away! But that's besides the point!

I would wager all my cash winnings from this season (not the jersey though, I want that... if I win) that the "Douche-Simpleton-Tard" owns both you and Philly next year too! If either of you finish higher in the standings you can split it... when he beats you both... double it and mail it to me!

Prove me wrong if you got the sack!

Bad Reflexes
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh Snap! You beat my high score! damn it! I was proud of that! :twitch:

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Really? Why? Because he's "handicapped" when it comes to message board smack talk?

I don't know anything about ya'lls "cross-thread" spat, and I don't much care to. But I do know that my brother:
Since week 3, probably less than half the owners in this league can say the same! That's a GOOD owner... that's the kind of owner that makes leagues work! What rule did he break? the "Don't Annoy People" rule? That's kind of, a part of fantasy football IMO! I wish more people would get into the smack talk personally!

That being said... His *ahem* smack talk was at least "Football Related"! You and Philly jumped him with a bunch of name calling? Baiting him with taunt's about his age & manhood? And you call him "Childish"? Seriously?

Seriously!?!

Bro! you gotta come back with the all powerful "I'm rubber & you're glue..."! Or better yet, "You're a Double-Douche times infinity"! That'll teach em!

Personally, I think it's more fun to beat annoying people! Especially my brother! Course, I probably would have choked him during our H2H match-up if he wasn't 400 miles away! But that's besides the point!

I would wager all my cash winnings from this season (not the jersey though, I want that... if I win) that the "Douche-Simpleton-Tard" owns both you and Philly next year too! If either of you finish higher in the standings you can split it... when he beats you both... double it and mail it to me!

Whoa buddy I thought it was made pretty clear that we were both posting just to trash talk to one another. I clearly said I was posting everything with a smile on my face to see his reaction.

But just to make it clear, I will not hold back anyone from playing again, especially if they finish in the playoffs or win the whole enchilada.

As for baiting him, when all you do is call people out both directly and passively like he did with Philly and myself you should expect getting a reaction. Doesn't make it right but you get what you give. I deserved the smack he threw around at me so its no big deal.

In fact, his were pretty damn creative and funny! And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!

Now back to your regularly scheduled McDaniels darama! :)

Bad Reflexes
11-22-2010, 02:23 PM
But just to make it clear, I will not hold back anyone from playing again, especially if they finish in the playoffs or win the whole enchilada.
Oh... I thought you were going to kick him out of the league.
Which would be a problem for me! Cuz I can't Kick his Ass if he's NOT in the league!

And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!
Well, I'm 35... and most people on these sites "seem young" to me. My bro just got his bachelors degree and is no different...

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Whoa buddy I thought it was made pretty clear that we were both posting just to trash talk to one another. I clearly said I was posting everything with a smile on my face to see his reaction.

As for baiting him, when all you do is call people out both directly and passively like he did with Philly and myself you should expect getting a reaction. Doesn't make it right but you get what you give. I deserved the smack he threw around at me so its no big deal.

In fact, his were pretty damn creative and funny! And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!

Now back to your regularly scheduled McDaniels darama! :)

The only thing I was upset about was the kicking me out lines, as I assumed those were serious. Thus, it pissed me off.

Wouldn't it piss you off if you were just informed that you were kicked?

Especially since I thought the initial spat was water under the bridge and it seemed brought up again with the quick shot that I was kicked.

So I just go into attack mode because I may as well be as abrasive as possible for the rest of the season and get my moneys worth right?

In all honesty I was somewhat excited about the possibility to win it all and get banned, that'd be straight legend status imo! I still have to win now though, or at least lose to my Bro.

That 2 seed is huge, so I don't have to play him til the championship week!

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh... I thought you were going to kick him out of the league.
Which would be a problem for me! Cuz I can't Kick his Ass if he's NOT in the league!

Well, I'm 35... and most people on these sites "seem young" to me. My bro just got his bachelors degree and is no different...

This is the year I break my playoff losing streak to you.

*crosses fingers for a mid game antonio gates injury and rivers going full retard against a STL defense again*

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I will not talk about trading anymore. I will just leave it like I'm the New England Patriots, and you probably shouldn't trade with me ;)

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Nah you are okay just realize that you get what you give. I knew I could push your buttons by doing that. Fact is no one is excluded unless you really do something to dick over the league. Which you haven't done.

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Nah you are okay just realize that you get what you give. I knew I could push your buttons by doing that. Fact is no one is excluded unless you really do something to dick over the league. Which you haven't done.

I disagree, I give away Clinton Portis and get Mike Wallace, I give away Jahvid best and greene and get Mojo.

Same with in this thread, seems I get about 10 fold what I give, but I'm cool with that. I had fun yesterday, I think we both did :D

I'm just NOT cool with being kicked for not really messing up the league, and just smack talkin, badly I guess lol (Why I was mad, and got more aggressive with my posts.)

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I disagree, I give away Clinton Portis and get Mike Wallace, I give away Jahvid best and greene and get Mojo.

Same with in this thread, seems I get about 10 fold what I give, but I'm cool with that. I had fun yesterday, I think we both did :D

I'm just NOT cool with being kicked for not really messing up the league, and just smack talkin, badly I guess lol (Why I was mad, and got more aggressive with my posts.)

Well I will act like a grown up and stop using that lame smack. How does that sound.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Btw can we make a rule that the davis division has to hold it's own playoff first? I don't want to play any of those ****ers...

Broncoman13
11-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh Snap! You beat my high score! damn it! I was proud of that! :twitch:

Yeah, should have been 212 if not for a late Drew Brees INT that was worth a negative 5 points. The really sad thing, the intent of the QB scoring was that the first INT was supposed to be basically a freebie (-1 point), the 2nd was supposed to be -3 points (matching the traditional -4 for two INTs) and each subsequent INT worth -2 points. Somehow the system interpreted that as -1 for the first one and then when the 2nd INT was thrown you took a major -5 point hit! In hindsight, the scoring system is already very QB friendly so it's not a big deal.

I like the scoring system for the most part though I'd be lying if I said I liked it a couple weeks ago when TO went for 150 and a couple scores during the Monday night game. The really sad part, I had a 4 point lead until TO caught his last pass. It gave him 10 receptions, put him over 150 yards and put my defense over 250 yards allowed which gave my opponent a 4 point victory! ONE FRIGGIN CATCH....for 12 FRIGGIN YARDS!!! Okay so it was just icing on the cake for a very good night by TO.

With all the wheeling and dealing I've done this year my team is very different. But, if I had kept what I started, I would have had Mike Vick, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker. Really not a bad team. Honestly, the thing that is holding me back is TE. Injuries at the TE position have killed me this year... Not quite as bad as losing Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates, but still pretty bad losing Jermichael Finley. He was putting up some very good numbers.

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, should have been 212 if not for a late Drew Brees INT that was worth a negative 5 points. The really sad thing, the intent of the QB scoring was that the first INT was supposed to be basically a freebie (-1 point), the 2nd was supposed to be -3 points (matching the traditional -4 for two INTs) and each subsequent INT worth -2 points. Somehow the system interpreted that as -1 for the first one and then when the 2nd INT was thrown you took a major -5 point hit! In hindsight, the scoring system is already very QB friendly so it's not a big deal.

I like the scoring system for the most part though I'd be lying if I said I liked it a couple weeks ago when TO went for 150 and a couple scores during the Monday night game. The really sad part, I had a 4 point lead until TO caught his last pass. It gave him 10 receptions, put him over 150 yards and put my defense over 250 yards allowed which gave my opponent a 4 point victory! ONE FRIGGIN CATCH....for 12 FRIGGIN YARDS!!! Okay so it was just icing on the cake for a very good night by TO.

With all the wheeling and dealing I've done this year my team is very different. But, if I had kept what I started, I would have had Mike Vick, Peyton Hillis, Frank Gore, Fred Jackson, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker. Really not a bad team. Honestly, the thing that is holding me back is TE. Injuries at the TE position have killed me this year... Not quite as bad as losing Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates, but still pretty bad losing Jermichael Finley. He was putting up some very good numbers.

This scoring system is ridiculously exciting. You never really know what is going to happen lol! Sometimes i'm like WTF JUST HAPPENED!

One thing I do think tho, is that WR's should get 6 at a 50yd td like QB's do. Seems like it greatly favors QBs. However WR's get a lot of points too it seems so idk.

Plus Mike Wallace catches a lot of 51/52 yarders... not so many 60...

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 03:49 PM

Seriously!?!

BR.... Your opinion means jack chit to me. I didnt even know he was ur brother. if I did, i woulda smacked him just the same about his weak BS.
I didnt call him any names that I remember. If I did, you can eat em too. When someone talks weak ass smack and keeps bringing one thing up, even though it was dead and buried weeks ago..... Thats weak smack and you know it.

Big brother is on the scene..... do you hold his books in school too?

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM

You did a good job managing your squad. Wish I had the same luck.

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 04:06 PM
BR.... Your opinion means jack chit to me. I didnt even know he was ur brother. if I did, i woulda smacked him just the same about his weak BS.
I didnt call him any names that I remember. If I did, you can eat em too. When someone talks weak ass smack and keeps bringing one thing up, even though it was dead and buried weeks ago..... Thats weak smack and you know it.

Ok lets go with this week's smack then....

180to 80

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 04:17 PM

180to 80

Congrats.....it happens. I dont think they hand jerseys to you for one week though.

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM

180to 80

And what is this? You talk for your big brother and your big brother talks for his baby brother. When did this become Romper friggin Room?

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Let me know when your Mom or dad wanna jump in and Ill call my cousin so he can respond for me.

Doggcow
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Should I wait for you to post like 8 more separate thoughts? There is an edit key.

My Bro isn't backing anything up for me, Brees and Mojo are though.

We only played in this scoring system for <1 year, you've played how many? We're the #1 and #2 seeds though. You've won 0 Championships with us in the league, so I don't know how you consider that relevant. I won the Omane league last year anyway if we're counting old championships ROFL, and I think you might have been in that league!

phillybroncosnut
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Hang on.... My Cat's Kitten wants to say something.....

Hi, Im Phillys Cats kitten. He said He doesnt give a rats ass.... and no, he wasnt in the league the last couple years. Enjoy

Bad Reflexes
11-23-2010, 02:24 AM
And what is this? You talk for your big brother and your big brother talks for his baby brother. When did this become Romper friggin Room?
Oh sorry... was I supposed to respond to all of that?

Hold on... lemee see...

I'm not gonna stand by while two dudes take shots at my bro! Especially since it did sound to me, like you were kicking him out.

I didnt call him any names that I remember
Fortunately... we don't have to rely on your memory as we can simply click the "page back" button...

"Dogg****" count's as name calling in my book, since it's just as irritating to try and "fill in the blank"!

Congrats.....it happens. I dont think they hand jerseys to you for one week though.
Took me a sec to figure out the 180 to 80 thing... didn't realize he was referencing my team...

So far though... I do score 180+ like 35% of the time

Let me know when your Mom or dad wanna jump in and Ill call my cousin so he can respond for me.
That one's actually a pretty good shot... so I'll just quote it and leave it at that...

Hang on.... My Cat's Kitten wants to say something.....

Hi, Im Phillys Cats kitten. He said He doesnt give a rats ass.... and no, he wasnt in the league the last couple years. Enjoy
Yeah... I got nothin for this one? I'm not entirely sure what it means as a matter of fact...

Bad Reflexes
11-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Btw can we make a rule that the davis division has to hold it's own playoff first? I don't want to play any of those ****ers...

We're all playin each other again this week! So it's like a pseudo-playoff... for "Philly's Used Jock Straps" and "Floridian Broncos" anyway. Since "CBF1's Agent Orange" has a pretty good shot to win IMO. Should either lose, they're probably out.

Against opponents outside our division, the Davis Division will finish a combined 20-7-1 during the regular season... that's pretty dominant!

Bad Reflexes
11-23-2010, 03:17 AM
This is a week, I wouldn't mind losing. IMO Philly & Floridian both deserve to make the playoffs more than CBF!

I even considered playing a "lesser" line-up to help Floridian out!

But then I looked at his team again, and... Sorry dude, but I gotta try and take you out! Your team is way too dangerous to just "let" into the playoffs!

phillybroncosnut
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
This is a week, I wouldn't mind losing. IMO Philly & Floridian both deserve to make the playoffs more than CBF!

I even considered playing a "lesser" line-up to help Floridian out!

But then I looked at his team again, and... Sorry dude, but I gotta try and take you out! Your team is way too dangerous to just "let" into the playoffs!

Thanks bro... You too.... Im pulling for anyone in my division should I miss out or get bounced in the playoffs. This is the sickest division Ive ever been a part of.

Broncoman13
11-24-2010, 10:40 AM
New league article is up. I've done my best to review the playoff picture and set the teams that are already locked in. This last week has a bunch of implications on the playoff picture. Kind of fun with close matchups and games that count for half of the league!!!

DeuceOfClub
11-24-2010, 11:17 AM
^ Nice one, thanks.

Doggcow
11-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Toilet bowl for the Sacko!

worm
11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Awesome job on the article!

bowtown
11-24-2010, 08:19 PM
**** just got realz.

phillybroncosnut
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
:)New league article is up. I've done my best to review the playoff picture and set the teams that are already locked in. This last week has a bunch of implications on the playoff picture. Kind of fun with close matchups and games that count for half of the league!!!

Good job on the article Butthole! Yo Freak..... Has there ever been an entire division make the playoffs that you can remember? I dint remember it ever happening here. Im really hoping Floridian and I can get the win this week so we can have the entire Davis division in. What a freaking division huh?

Broncoman13
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
No not that I can remember. I ve seen three but not all four. Hope you all make it and will be paying close attention... As well as to my girl STG and my boy Tebow's Holy Rollers! Shiat just got for realz all over this league!

Good luck everyone... Gonna need it!

Broncoman13
11-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Another update to the recent article to show all current prizes.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Another update to the recent article to show all current prizes.

ROFL at prize for best Defense for Worms!

Broncoman13
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
ROFL at prize for best Defense for Worms!

Lol... we should all be fearful of the Worm! He has the ability to put up a consistent 130 and the luck to hold your team to 90!

Consistency on offense and luck on defense, that is a championship formula!

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Lol... we should all be fearful of the Worm! He has the ability to put up a consistent 130 and the luck to hold your team to 90!

Consistency on offense and luck on defense, that is a championship formula!

Consistent defense in the playoffs really is key I've found.

You don't want to let them hang around and get momentum and confidence, it can be disastrous.

I plan on holding my opponents under 100, I think I might give a little against Points against, but it's all about bending and not breaking that 147 point mark.

phillybroncosnut
11-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Kinda SOOOO glad I picked up Mo Morris last night and started him today. I think he has 19 points right now which is HUGE for my team.

worm
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Luck has played a big part this year for me. You don't go 11-0 if you play a team with Vick getting 75. I have dodged bullets like playing Bman earlier in the year.

That said, my team is very flexible with the RBs and WRs. I can play matchups. My efficiency % is low because I have a deep, consistent team. I also have not been riddled with injuries.

If there was an award for drafting, I might have won it. I hit big on Brandon Lloyd and Mcfadden draft picks and 10 out of 12 non kicker\defense players are still on my team.

Bman is still the team to beat in this conference because of his bigger point potential at the end of the year. His team is 'peaking'. If there was a Trades\FA award in our conference, he would have won it.

Bad Reflexes
11-26-2010, 12:51 AM
This will probably be long... I have summarized my major points in bold if you just want to skim...

I am staying positive, hoping there won't be a player strike next season. While there is some disagreement whether two more games is good for the NFL or it's players... It's AWESOME for fantasy football! Extending the regular season is a major plus in my book! I think the extended season will create much more opportunity for trading and increase the need for waiver wire replacements. Which means more action, more smack talk and a better chance at making a comeback if you start slow.

If they do in fact hash out a deal extending the season 3 weeks (2 weeks + a bye), we might want to replace the 1 bench slot with 2 IR slots allowing people to pick up "injury replacements" without "stockpiling". (Suspended players should not be allowed in IR slots IMO)

Rosters - We should subtract one bench slot and add two IR slots (in the event of a 20 week season).

This brings me to the regular season schedule... which is a problem for OCD Fantasy Junkies like me!

Because we have a 12 week regular season:

We played five H2H matches against our own division, which means we played two teams twice and one team once... uneven

It also means, we played seven extra-divisional games and there are eight other teams... uneven

Schedule - The current schedule and divisional alignment has imbalances.

I also don't understand why leagues don't like using week 17. Honestly, I've been in many championships, and It typically doesn't affect "most" of your players. And, so what if it does? You either bench em... or run the risk. Same as if they were injured or the dreaded "game time decision". Championship teams (almost) always have viable back-ups in my experience. It's definitely not worth sacrificing a potentially crucial divisional (H2H) match-up (allowing you to play all divisional opponents 2 times each!).

Schedule - Let's use that last week Guys & Gals!

Which brings me to "The Fix".

Divisions - We can create a more balanced & fair schedule by reorganizing the "3 four team divisions" into "4 three team divisions"!

If the NFL Season stay's at 17 Weeks:

You would play 9 extra-divisional matches against the 9 other teams... even

You would play two H2H matches against both divisional rivals... even

Playoff seeding would be identical to the NFL (4 division winners & 2 wildcards) and the playoff bracket would be identical to our current bracket (except ending in week 17).

If the NFL season is extended to 20 games:

With the additional 3 games we could either... make each divisions schedule virtually identical, by using those 3 weeks to play another entire division. Much like the NFL (which would be my preference).
Or... make it a little more random by playing 1 random team from each division (which would create a variance in divisional "strength of schedule").

Basically - I think it is MORE important for ALL 24 teams to:

A) Have the opportunity to play every team in their conference.
B) Play ALL divisional rivals twice
C) Have a (reasonably) balanced "strength of schedule", within each division.

Instead of:

Making sure 4 of the 24 teams get to play ALL of their studs (minus the injured or suspended players... or the ones who get benched in week 17 {over ego}, with the playoffs on the line or get a DUI yada yada etc...) in the championship.

Keep in mind... 3 out of those 4 are already "in the money" and shouldn't be whining about **** anyway, cuz that's pretty good IMO!

Also keep in mind... If you're fortunate enough to "have to worry about week 17/20"... I think the odds are just as likely to "work out in your favor" as they are to "work against you"! In fact, astute Fantasy Footballers might even *gasp* plan ahead for it?

This is also assuming we have some control over the schedule and it's not just randomly generated by the site.

Bad Reflexes
11-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Floridian Broncos clinging to a 34 point lead! Preparing to get "Phil'd :approve:"...

Rivers is currently averaging 33.1 points per week... but has not scored LESS than 48 since October!

This will no-doubt... be very close... Good luck to you sir!

sutoazul
11-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Good luck to you too reflux... Hope Rivers and Chargers lay an egg tonight!!

Bad Reflexes
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Roethlisberger sure treated you like a Co-Ed today huh...

How exactly do you rationalize, benching a player capable of scoring 75 points?

sutoazul
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Well... I made the playoffs and got the highest score this week. I guess my team is peaking at the right time!!

theAPAOps5
11-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Well I lost again, congrats to the playoff teams and good luck to all. On a brighter note I just got high score again in my big money league.

Bad Reflexes
11-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Well... I made the playoffs and got the highest score this week. I guess my team is peaking at the right time!!
At least as a silver lining for me... Dos Rios' SodBusters (the #4 seed) and Floridian Broncos (the #5 seed)... will now be in my brothers "Playoff Bracket"... Look for ward to playing one of you in the Conference Championship! :approve:

Philly's Used Jock Straps... still has a "Hail Mary" shot at the #6 seed... In some sort of monster shoot-out scenario on MNF tomorrow.

Looks like CBF1's Agent Orange is gonna make it though... which is almost as funny, as it is infuriating!

Broncoman13
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Glad I got my bad week out of the way this week! My bench may outscore my team!

OBF1
11-28-2010, 09:42 PM
hehehe.... CBF1 is in, Classic yet sick

lostknight
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Gah, looks like I squeaked with a 1 point win.

Doggcow
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
**** me in the ass. 0 pt week from my kicker and I lose by 1...

I'd be shanking someone if this was the playoffs.

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 06:03 AM
hehehe.... CBF1 is in, Classic yet sick

Yup, nothing like a quitter making the playoffs! I'm gonna re-name your team, you will be the Cutlers!

HAT
11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
So what was the big deal about beating Worm all year?

Did it with my JV lineup. :wiggle:

worm
11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
So what was the big deal about beating Worm all year?

Did it with my JV lineup. :wiggle:

Only took you two tries :)

Somewhere Mercury and Griese are drinking champagne.

HAT
11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Only took you two tries :)

Somewhere Mercury and Griese are drinking champagne.

Hahaha, right?

Helluva season man.

I could've easily been 2 or 3 games worse than 8-4. I won't last long in the PO's without that luck continuing.

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Actually a good thing to get that bad karma week out of the way just before the playoffs. I know I got mine in this week! I promise you I won't be benching Fred Jackson again. Dude is one of the three hottest RBs in the league!

Doggcow
11-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Hahaha, right?

Helluva season man.

I could've easily been 2 or 3 games worse than 8-4. I won't last long in the PO's without that luck continuing.

Yeah, I really need to take notes on how to get people to score fewer than 90 points against me every week :)

worm
11-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I really need to take notes on how to get people to score fewer than 90 points against me every week :)

Dude, you seem obsessed with the 'D'. How about you just take notes on how to score points.

- Your point total was only good for 10th in the league.
- Point-wise, you are the worst team with a bye.
- You only managed two points more than a team that didn't even play.
- You posted amazing offensive juggernaut week totals of 65, 73, 81 and 83
- Med, who score 100 more points than you, didn't even make the POs in our conference and your paltry point total would have been only good for 6th.

Is that enough focus on your O? You, out of anybody, should be thankful for your luck on what your opponents scored on you.

missingnumber7
11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Well I might as well wave my white flag in the playoffs...with gore out i'm fuggered.

OBF1
11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for sitting Groe this week for me... I need all the help I can get. Now if I can get Adrian Peterson to sit this weekend :)

missingnumber7
12-01-2010, 06:25 AM
I have a question about the brackets...are they like the NFL brackets where after the first round the lowest seed plays the highest seed or are we playing this out bracket style, because if we are playing it as written your brackets are wrong.

DeuceOfClub
12-01-2010, 06:47 AM
I have a question about the brackets...are they like the NFL brackets where after the first round the lowest seed plays the highest seed or are we playing this out bracket style, because if we are playing it as written your brackets are wrong.

I noticed it yesterday as well.
As far as the rules: this is bracket style (no reseeding)
Why is #1 play the #3 Vs #6 winner (potentially #3) and not the #4 Vs #5 winner (potentially #4) is beyond me.
But it states just that on the FFL bylaws.

Broncoman13
12-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I will have to closely review the Rules, but it should be that the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in the 2nd round. If the by-laws state differently, that is a change I will have to make but I am not sure we should change anything this year as we have avoided doing just that so far. I think this is something that Apa should probably decide as I would be involved in the outcome. But my personal feeling is that the brackets should change to reflect #1 vs lowest remaining seed (negative impact on me).

missingnumber7
12-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I will have to closely review the Rules, but it should be that the #1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in the 2nd round. If the by-laws state differently, that is a change I will have to make but I am not sure we should change anything this year as we have avoided doing just that so far. I think this is something that Apa should probably decide as I would be involved in the outcome. But my personal feeling is that the brackets should change to reflect #1 vs lowest remaining seed (negative impact on me).

If its in the bylaws that way, I'm fine by it, just something we need to address moving forward. Just asking the question. I'd like to stayin the running as long as possible. I just hope I have found some replacements for Gore, picked up Branch, Ivory (already have Thomas), and Sproles. And maybe a new defense.

DeuceOfClub
12-01-2010, 08:51 AM

it's pretty straight-forward:

Neck Pony Nation - playoffs NFL week 13
Seed 1 Bye
Seed 2 Bye
Seed 3 vs 6
Seed 4 vs 5

Week 14
Seed 1 vs 3-6 winner
Seed 2 vs 4-5 winner

Week 15
Winner of Seed #1 - #3/#6 vs Winner of Seed #2 - #4/#5 play for the conference championship and berth in the Neck Pony Nation/Orangemane Superbowl VI

Regardless, I think re-seeding is the way to go. As for my chances: it will not matter either way (being #6)

Broncoman13
12-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I will bring it up to Nick and probably ask that he, and the two conference delegates decide.

Doggcow
12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Ironically in our league the 4-5 seeds are quite a bit scarier (imo) than the #3 seed though. So I see no problem.

Doggcow
12-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Btw can I suggest for next year, a "Winner of the Winners" award?

Since this week is lame for us on a bye, like a $10 prize for the top scorer of the 4 of us, could be fun!

Broncoman13
12-02-2010, 05:01 AM
Btw can I suggest for next year, a "Winner of the Winners" award?

Since this week is lame for us on a bye, like a $10 prize for the top scorer of the 4 of us, could be fun!

We could do that this week! I have sweet matchups, lol. ;D

Bad Reflexes
12-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Ironically in our league the 4-5 seeds are quite a bit scarier (imo) than the #3 seed though. So I see no problem.
The #6 seed beat you with Arian Foster on a BYE though... So, you're lucky HE's not in your bracket! ;D

Bad Reflexes
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Champ dealin' Bowe a goose egg, on my Bye week! Classic!

Doggcow
12-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Looks like CBF should be done. Good.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I will bring it up to Nick and probably ask that he, and the two conference delegates decide.

Call me if you need to!

Bad Reflexes
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Considering "Dos Rios' SodBusters" would have been the #2 seed, were he in either of the other two divisions (by 1.5 games!). I think the brackets are "correct", regardless of seeding.

In the OM Conference anyway...

DeuceOfClub
12-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, that's the end of the road for me. Too bad I saved my worst week this season for my first playoff game...

Good luck for everyone who is still in it. And thank you all for participating and especially the comish's for running it.

I hope to see most of you next season!

Doggcow
12-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, that's the end of the road for me. Too bad I saved my worst week this season for my first playoff game...

Good luck for everyone who is still in it. And thank you all for participating and especially the comish's for running it.

I hope to see most of you next season!

I know how that feels. Sucks dude!

That's why those byes I've found are HUGE. You can never expect someone going off on you or your team sucking.

Doggcow
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
So glad to see Floridian out of the Picture! That was a scary bunch of dudes! Rodgers who goes for 50 like every week, and Hillis who is unstoppable, especially with Moreno coming on strong now.

Not to mention Hillis vs #32 Buffalo and Moreno vs #31 Arizona, that was deathly scary! I could see each put up 40+!

Now, the trick this week is to not have my WR's combine for <20 points, lets do it!

Doggcow
12-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I think I got off pretty easy tonight! Too bad Venitari lit me up :p

And Garcon on my bench! Oww!

Broncoman13
12-10-2010, 04:12 AM
I could have kicked Blair White in the teeth for botching that TD to Reggie Wayne. Could have started of with a 55 point lead after two players. Not sure why but the system was showing low point projections for a lot of my players? Hillis, Fred Jackson, and CJ were projected to get like 40 points total... And they have good matchups?

missingnumber7
12-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I could have kicked Blair White in the teeth for botching that TD to Reggie Wayne. Could have started of with a 55 point lead after two players. Not sure why but the system was showing low point projections for a lot of my players? Hillis, Fred Jackson, and CJ were projected to get like 40 points total... And they have good matchups?

They have some messed up point projections sometimes. I understand their theories, but there have been a few weeks I have went with my gut rather than their projections, especially on 2nd tier guys and had better luck.

Doggcow
12-10-2010, 08:26 AM
btw Missing what was the planning behind starting Nate Washington?

Derrick Mason -was- on waivers. Ben Watson was too. You could have snagged Felix Jones or Tashard Choice, snagged Sidney Rice (I think Points against just snagged him so you couldn't)... etc.

There were so many other solid options? Especially with Britt coming back :P

Bad Reflexes
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
btw Missing what was the planning behind starting Nate Washington?

Derrick Mason -was- on waivers. Ben Watson was too. You could have snagged Felix Jones or Tashard Choice, snagged Sidney Rice (I think Points against just snagged him so you couldn't)... etc.

There were so many other solid options? Especially with Britt coming back :P
You are so good at bashing peoples decisions using your all powerful hindsight!

Bad Reflexes
12-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I always say... "Projections don't mean ****"! Yet I'm still pissed when my projections are low. Too funny! Ha! I also feel that my team was "underprojected" this week!

sutoazul
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
So glad to see Floridian out of the Picture! That was a scary bunch of dudes! Rodgers who goes for 50 like every week, and Hillis who is unstoppable, especially with Moreno coming on strong now.

Not to mention Hillis vs #32 Buffalo and Moreno vs #31 Arizona, that was deathly scary! I could see each put up 40+!

Now, the trick this week is to not have my WR's combine for <20 points, lets do it!

I know I was looking at that and thinking what it could have been!! But the dullphins stopped Hillis and I lost badly, so I'm out. See ya' next year!!! How do I get my money now?? lol

Thanks to all the players but specially to the commisioners since they put it all together!!

EDIT: Dogg... I'm rooting against you now!! PUNK!! :wave:

Good luck to everyone and I hope the best drafter/team wins!! (it's only fair)

Doggcow
12-10-2010, 05:27 PM
You are so good at bashing peoples decisions using your all powerful hindsight!

I picked up 3 guys that I see as better flexes than Nate... Tennessee's offense has been in shambles lately anyway, and 28 points was a monster week from them! Especially with Kenny Britt coming back, and Moss' "aura" spreading around, there just isn't enough chances for Nate to get involved.

I could be wrong, but I picked up those 3 guys because I expect them to all have pretty solid weeks. All 3 were available to him. I just don't get the logic.

Like I said the other night "Wait, he actually started Nate Washington?" I would have bashed that before the week, had I known. But I fully expected your team to just run through him and didn't check the lineup.

Doggcow
12-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I know I was looking at that and thinking what it could have been!! But the dullphins stopped Hillis and I lost badly, so I'm out. See ya' next year!!! How do I get my money now?? lol

Thanks to all the players but specially to the commisioners since they put it all together!!

EDIT: Dogg... I'm rooting against you now!! PUNK!! :wave:

Good luck to everyone and I hope the best drafter/team wins!! (it's only fair)

Bring the hate.

My Brother's hate fueled my team last year! After like week 6 where "I would never score over 100 again" my team proceeded to score over 100 every week after :D

Bad Reflexes
12-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm Benching the #1 WR and the #1 TE... :~ohyah!: Who does that?

Doggcow
12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, thats my luck.

74yd TD for Mojo's backup.

Guess I'm out.

Broncoman13
12-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, thats my luck.

74yd TD for Mojo's backup.

Guess I'm out.

Good while it lasted? Nice season and we have some nice parting gifts for you.

I really lucked up with Rodgers having a horrible day and then getting injured before he could turn it around. He still has Foster and Bradshaw to go though. Hopefully they don't both go nuts... need a strong defense here!

Doggcow
12-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Good while it lasted? Nice season and we have some nice parting gifts for you.

I really lucked up with Rodgers having a horrible day and then getting injured before he could turn it around. He still has Foster and Bradshaw to go though. Hopefully they don't both go nuts... need a strong defense here!

I just wish I could have played against the guy that started Cassel this week...

Doggcow
12-12-2010, 01:10 PM
My sexy little bastard gave me some life. I love you Mojo, I promise I will always draft you from now on if I'm given a good opportunity.

Doggcow
12-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I thought I had a chance for a second there.. Then brees decided to throw his minus touchdown :(

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Santonio Holmes - TD Goes right through his hands....

Mojo - 1 Yd passing TD on first down for Garrard to Mercedes...

Choice - The Goal Line back... ISNT!

Mike Williams - sack of ****.

Ben Watson - another sack of ****.

Broncoman13
12-13-2010, 03:03 AM
But you had some excellent bench scoring... We've all been there!

Bad Reflexes
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I drafted ya #2 overall:notthissh... Ray!
You've been pretty mediocre all freakin' season... Ray!
Here's your chance buddy!:thumbs: I'll forgive everything for one monster MNF performance!:pray:

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Adrian Peterson 4 carries - 0 yards...

IM DUE FOR A BREAK FANTASY GODS!

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Adrian Peterson and Tavaris Jackson bash knees and peterson is bawling...

Wow. This. Could. Be. EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow... That Dropped Santonio Holmes TD is going to cost me :(

Broncoman13
12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow... That Dropped Santonio Holmes TD is going to cost me :(

Epic down to the wire games!!! Who is gonna make it?

bowtown
12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Well that's it for me. Congrats Worm. My bench had an epic week.

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 08:42 PM
TWO EPIC AS **** GAMES IN OMANE LEAGUE... WOW

BRO JUST WON!

My turn... NO OT Dear god...

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
**** YOU HOUSTON!

OT

**** my ASS!

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Holy ****ing wow....

Sorry Bro... Thats a brutal ****ing way to lose.

**** MONDAY NIGHT!

See you next week, Missing.

Broncoman13
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I think bro just lost... Talk about the epic brother jinx!

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I think bro just lost... Talk about the epic brother jinx!

No way I expected them to pick 6... He's going to chew my ass out over xmas :(

Broncoman13
12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
No way I expected them to pick 6... He's going to chew my ass out over xmas :(

I like your brother... Very competitive team. Everybody's odds of winning just went up a little with the Alpha team taking one on the chin!

worm
12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Well that's it for me. Congrats Worm. My bench had an epic week.

Yep Bowtown. Could have easily gone the other way. Schaub scoring well against the Ravens D was a huge surprise tonight. However, McFadden giving me 60 was the real back breaker.

I feel dirty having a Raider help me win. 'Specially during Raider week.

Doggcow
12-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I like your brother... Very competitive team. Everybody's odds of winning just went up a little with the Alpha team taking one on the chin!

Maybe the worst playoff loss I've ever seen...

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Btw, as much as I got ****ed by holmes, my bad plays, mike williams... this is more ****ed...

Jamaal Charles - 5 Points
Legarrett Blount - 4 Points
ADRIAN PETERSON - 2 POINTS!

Bad Reflexes
12-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Lifelong Science Fiction nut here...

I've always wondered... In the film "The Return of the Jedi"... what was the Emperor thinking as he was hurtling down the shaft, lightning burning his face off, on his way to certain doom?

And now I know!

He was thinking...

You have got to be MOTHER ****ING KIDDING ME!!!
After all this planning!
After I built an invincible ****ing army!
After I Over-matched and outclassed my opponent!

And, here I am... FALLING DOWN THIS FREAKIN HOLE!?!?!?!?!?

Betrayed by my team... no whining... no excuses...
They picked me up and threw me into a reactor shaft... bastards!

All in all... still the best team I've ever had. And as I love to say every year (I usually sneak into the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed)... fantasy is all about making the playoffs and hoping for the best. Anyone can have a bad week.

So, well done to Missingnumber7... even though your QB has just as many appendix's, as he scored points... (Agggg that kills me too!)

Big Thank You to all who helped put the league together. It was a lot of fun.

@Bman... Woulda been an Awesome championship...

Good luck to the other playoff teams too... you'll need it...

Bad Reflexes
12-14-2010, 01:05 AM
I just wish I could have played against the guy that started Cassel this week...
Me too...

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Btw I messaged Bman

WE DON'T HAVE TIEBREAKERS FOR PLAYOFFS listed in Bylaws.

I'd like to suggest now, BENCH POINTS is the playoff tiebreaker. We should vote this now. Or just Apply it, just in case.

It almost came into effect this week.... That was close.

Bad Reflexes
12-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Maybe the worst playoff loss I've ever seen...
Definitely a "Bad Beat"...

Remember the year I beat Clayton... because AP lost 2 yards on his last rush (MNF)... taking him from 81 to 79 rushing yards... costing him 1 point... causing us to Tie... thereby giving me the win (bench points were the tiebreaker & beat him by 2)... I think he had the highest scoring team that year too...Ha!

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Me too...

Why you mad??? YOU IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP BRO

Broncoman13
12-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Bench points needs to be the tie breaker for playoffs. That has always been the standard, and will be the way ties are broken in these win or go home games.

Tough break BR, but Congrats to Worm, Doggcow, and Missing... And me;)

missingnumber7
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I was pissed when the Ravens punted after the 99 and 95 yd drives I was sure I was screwed. And jacobs and bradshaw basically nullified each other. Had the Ravens ran the ball on the 3rd and 2 you would have won. I kick myself for waiting to find out if Cassel was playing or not because I thought cutler was going to get eaten alive. Then get to tailgating and not being able to get the net on my phone, stupid university of phoenix parking lot.

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Bench points needs to be the tie breaker for playoffs. That has always been the standard, and will be the way ties are broken in these win or go home games.

Tough break BR, but Congrats to Worm, Doggcow, and Missing... And me;)

Wait so... Kick Return touchdowns ARE worth 12????

That's actually how it's supposed to be?

I would have drafted the bears way higher had I known that...

That ****in sucks.

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I was pissed when the Ravens punted after the 99 and 95 yd drives I was sure I was screwed. And jacobs and bradshaw basically nullified each other. Had the Ravens ran the ball on the 3rd and 2 you would have won. I kick myself for waiting to find out if Cassel was playing or not because I thought cutler was going to get eaten alive. Then get to tailgating and not being able to get the net on my phone, stupid university of phoenix parking lot.

I really don't believe punt and kick returns were supposed to be credited twice...

Doggcow
12-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I think we should take a vote on it honestly, if it wasn't the intended rules for Punt/Kick Return TD's to count twice.

Against my better judgment as I may not undefeated against my brother if it does change...

I don't think this came into play at all before this game. (I will go check)

Broncoman13
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree that it was not the intent of the scoring system Doggcow, but the scoring system hasn't changed all season. Besides, there have been plenty of return TDs this season, the system wouldn't score it any differently I don't think.

Broncoman13
12-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that <---- Your Points Against was in fact the winner of last week's match up between he and MissingNumber7's Missing Striped Socks. The system would eventually catch and correct the scoring issue, but I decided to correct the issue now so as to allow Bad Reflexes the opportunity to set his team accordingly. He will face off against Doggcow in the OM Conference Championship.

BMan and Worm will face off in the NPN Conference Championship.

theAPAOps5
12-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Good luck to all the remaining members!

Doggcow
12-15-2010, 01:08 PM

I always lose to my brother in the playoffs.

I was so torn on this, I was like "I REALLY want to beat that ****er for a championship" BUUUUUT "I REALLY don't want to lose to that ****er in the championship!"

2 MNF games in the playoffs was bull****! I was so stressed. Especially when it went to OT, I thought FOR SURE Sacko was going to get 60 yards or a TD!

I want to thank my DEFENSE for stepping up this week, and allowing fewer than 100 points, GOOD JOB GUYS! Holding Peterson, Blount, and Charles to 11 points! Bring it next week!

Love you bro, but this week, I'm going 2 and O vs you, stepping out of the shadow, the tables have turned. My team has tasted Greatness, as they did last year, and they refuse to go down.

I think we all saw what Schuab did to the Baltimore defense. Brees is bringing home a 400 yarder too.

Remember my legend team a few years back? Tomlinson, Brees, Westbrook, Bears D, Kellen Winslow, etc? Yeah, yours is about to take some Ron Dayne sized ass pounding as I am going to play FELIX ****ING JONES. Oh and who did Ron Dayne deepdick? Yeah, Indy. I got MoJo all up in that already!

Your team has shown no composure the last 3 weeks, and I think we all know, you really don't have the horses to make it. You can attempt to follow your Dwayne Bowe, but you won't be finding a pot of gold at the end of it. Just a swift kick in the face if you play him.

Bad Reflexes
12-16-2010, 12:24 AM
In light of my recent "Resurrection"... I find it necessary to once again, change my team name.

My Crew will finish the season as: Touchdowns from Jesus :approve:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/VividBoy/d375a4e775f84117274427c06cbcc07e.jpg

Doggcow
12-16-2010, 02:15 AM
In light of my recent "Resurrection"... I find it necessary to once again, change my team name.

My Crew will finish the season as: Touchdowns from Jesus :approve:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/VividBoy/d375a4e775f84117274427c06cbcc07e.jpg

In light of this, my team will finish the season as Doggcow's Anti-Christs

Broncoman13
12-16-2010, 04:31 AM
You guys change your team names more often than my daughter changes her mind! Christmas lists are brutal, who types up a christmas list and then makes pen & ink changes?!? Lol

Doggcow
12-16-2010, 04:58 AM
You guys change your team names more often than my daughter changes her mind! Christmas lists are brutal, who types up a christmas list and then makes pen & ink changes?!? Lol

I usually don't. But as my RB's I drafted earlier stunk up the joint, and I was resurrected by my wides, I thought that was deserving. Also, a 4 point win over adrian peterson scoring 2... I thought that deserved tribute too. The "**** You, Felix Jones" bit was cuz I thought i was going to lose by like 1, and that ****er, has ****ed me all season. But... I have to play him this week, so I can't really use that, can I? LOL

Historically I usually stick to names. I came up with the name Doggcow, over a decade ago when i was playing Starcraft.

Broncoman13
12-16-2010, 05:31 AM
I usually don't. But as my RB's I drafted earlier stunk up the joint, and I was resurrected by my wides, I thought that was deserving. Also, a 4 point win over adrian peterson scoring 2... I thought that deserved tribute too. The "**** You, Felix Jones" bit was cuz I thought i was going to lose by like 1, and that ****er, has ****ed me all season. But... I have to play him this week, so I can't really use that, can I? LOL

Historically I usually stick to names. I came up with the name Doggcow, over a decade ago when i was playing Starcraft.

Don't get me wrong, I have changed names before... just not as often as I change my underwear! To each their own... you have the right to change it as much as you'd like. I still reserve the right to make fun of you though!

Bad Reflexes
12-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I know... it's lame... I haven't been able to come up with a name I like since Dallas Clark got broken. But I like this one a lot! :approve: So I'll probably keep it next year!

Bad Reflexes
12-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Game On!!! Blasting "Eye of the Tiger" at work!

Lube up Bro! You're about to get... Phil'd...

Doggcow
12-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Game On!!! Blasting "Eye of the Tiger" at work!

Lube up Bro! You're about to get... Phil'd...

More like Vjacked...

Oh wait, my bro thinks Vjack didn't affect the game and Rivers would have still had that kind of game without him.

Doggcow
12-18-2010, 03:07 AM
These playoffs really are impressive though. I don't think I've ever seen the top 4 seeds (And 4 most powerful teams, sometimes not always one int he same) advance to the finals before. Should be a brawl these last two weeks.

Broncoman13
12-18-2010, 09:11 AM
More like Vjacked...

Oh wait, my bro thinks Vjack didn't affect the game and Rivers would have still had that kind of game without him.

I trotted out VJax, Flip Rivers and Vernon Davis in another league. Davis was able to get a whopping 4 yards... but Jax and Rivers combined for 70! In this league, 125 points is good for the victory 9 out of 10 weeks. My RBs are soft though. Knowshon and Torrain. Still have AJ and Branch to go as well though.

worm
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM
24 from your D really helps you Doggcow. I think the Saints are going to go into Balt and take it to them in the air.

QB + D = advantage to you. Provided Rex learned how to not fumble.

Bad Reflexes
12-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I think that... because Rivers has had several games like that w/o Vjax (or Gates, or Floyd, or Nannee... yada yada)!

But I guess I'm just lucky... The "Highest Scoring Player" in Fantasy Football had a solid week? :kiddingme weird?

And I'm sure the 34-0 lead had no effect on your D/ST's score either? In your mind anyway Ha!

24 from your D really helps you Doggcow. I think the Saints are going to go into Balt and take it to them in the air.

Now, I can agree with this statement! The fact that Doggcow has a quality QB, and his D did well, will probably offset Rivers' score...

Fortunately, I also have 7 other starters, and (at least) 5 of them are capable of putting up 30+ (meaning they HAVE done it, this season, so it wont be like "magical" or anything if it happens bro). I don't believe either of us have an "advantage" at the moment... But my remaining players do include 3 of the top 4 WR's (and ALL of em are "due")!

So, I like my odds... :approve:

Doggcow
12-18-2010, 03:27 PM

I wouldn't say that just yet.

NOTHING beats points on the board... Right Dos Rios? :P

I'd give Bro the advantage, because Brees could easily throw 4 picks again too :(

My D did have a mammoth week, thank god. I was bumbling with them or Miami this week.

Doggcow
12-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Holmes, Wallace, Garcon, Williams ARE KILLING me this week.

I really don't trust Williams after last week... But Detroit is so banged up... Holmes is TALKING MAD GAME about coming home, and Revis' bum hammy probably means 5 or so deep balls for wallace... Garcon is coming on strong and has an amazing matchup.

I wish I could play Mike Williams over Felix Jones... Go figure ****ing Barber comes back this week...

I really hope MJD's knee doesn't cut into his carries, that could be the deal breaker.

Bad Reflexes
12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
If Cassel doesn't play I basically have to sit Bowe... even against St. Louis!

If Hill doesn't start I should bench Pettigrue cuz Stanton sux too! Megatron can always rip off a big YAC TD, but even he takes a hit with Stanton in!

Roddy hasn't been the same since these "Maintenance Wednesdays" started a couple weeks ago... and the Seattle game could be a blowout in the rain! Turner time, with Roddy resting up for the Saints next week?

Is Kenny Britt my best play at WR? Totally could be... but I'm not starting him!

Rice never freaking scores but is probably the easiest guy to start this week... which is pretty funny I think.

BGE is also a good play, in the cold, against the Rodger-less Packers... But what if the Pat's get up big? could Fred Taylor spell him out?

Bradshaw's been my best player over the past two weeks and I'm benching him on nothing but a "gut feeling"?

And then there's Goodson! Who I could totally see score 20+ against the Cardinals!

I'm actually pretty stressed out right now... :confuzzle

Doggcow
12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
The only way you lose is if you get peterson'd...

Your lineup is top to bottom stronger than mine at every position but rb1... But mojo has a bum knee of course...

Doggcow
12-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Btw.. I've been wondering what the "gift certificates" are... Do we get cash for our winnings though, like mine are *$40 for div/2tops
Because I'd much prefer the cash that a gift card somewhere.

Broncoman13
12-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Btw.. I've been wondering what the "gift certificates" are... Do we get cash for our winnings though, like mine are *$40 for div/2tops
Because I'd much prefer the cash that a gift card somewhere.

The gift cards will essentially be the same thing as Cash (Visa/MC Gift Card). I think you also have the option of electing to receive your prizes in the form of an eCheck to your account. I think there is a small fee for the eCheck service though. But it would be cash in your account.

All of it is done through LeagueSafe. I appropriate the funds, you figure out how you want to receive the money. It is all done at the end of the year though. I can split payments throughout the year so everyone will have to wait for theirs.

Anybody that would like to is welcome to make a donation to the commish's fund. Would like to set aside a little for site upgrades and what not for next year. No pressure, but if you're only getting a $10 gift card you always have that option available ;D

Doggcow
12-19-2010, 09:38 AM
The gift cards will essentially be the same thing as Cash (Visa/MC Gift Card). I think you also have the option of electing to receive your prizes in the form of an eCheck to your account. I think there is a small fee for the eCheck service though. But it would be cash in your account.

All of it is done through LeagueSafe. I appropriate the funds, you figure out how you want to receive the money. It is all done at the end of the year though. I can split payments throughout the year so everyone will have to wait for theirs.

Anybody that would like to is welcome to make a donation to the commish's fund. Would like to set aside a little for site upgrades and what not for next year. No pressure, but if you're only getting a $10 gift card you always have that option available ;D

Thanks! That's what I was hoping. Super broke right now (Just finished college... You know how it is.)

I figured I'd drop Wallace and Holmes in there this week.. I have to roll with my boys that got me there right?

Plus the steelers force the ball to Wallace, like 10+ times a game! Williams only got 5 looks last week. Wallace is a late game too, which is always nice to have. That's why I benched the rook.

Ugh, been mad stressing these plays. Bro and I agree, the better managed team probably wins on one of these plays.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
hey guys....Bradshaw or Ronnie Brown

the only reason im looking at Brown is because hes up against the worst rush defense in the league today

Doggcow
12-19-2010, 09:43 AM
hey guys....Bradshaw or Ronnie Brown

the only reason im looking at Brown is because hes up against the worst rush defense in the league today

It's the championships man! Live and die by your plays!

vancejohnson82
12-19-2010, 09:46 AM
It's the championships man! Live and die by your plays!

that doesnt help me at all

Bad Reflexes
12-19-2010, 04:39 PM
I drafted ya #2 overall:notthissh... Ray!
You've been pretty mediocre all freakin' season... Ray!
Here's your chance buddy!:thumbs: I'll forgive everything for one monster MNF performance!:pray:
You Da Man... Ray! :thumbs:

worm
12-20-2010, 08:48 AM
You should take this round Alex. I really can't see All Day or Forte lighting it up to the tune of 25 points in tonights game.

Broncoman13
12-20-2010, 04:03 PM
You should take this round Alex. I really can't see All Day or Forte lighting it up to the tune of 25 points in tonights game.

Dude I am being quiet. I am down by 11 in one league with the Vikes D left to play... and up in our league with AD... I am not about to jinx myself either way! You see I know how that Karma thing works!

Broncoman13
12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Well that was an easy win I guess. Worm didn't change AD out... Bummer for him.

worm
12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Well that was an easy win I guess. Worm didn't change AD out... Bummer for him.

Wow that blows. Headed out to a meeting and just got back to find that they scratch AD just before kickoff. Unbelievable. Couldn't they have done it earlier???

Not sure it would have mattered with Forte but still hate to end the year like that.

Congrats Alex. Represent our conference well in the Finals.

Broncoman13
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Can I borrow some players... I have some questionable matchups!

All I need is McFadden, Peterson, White and Lloyd!!! ;)

Maybe BR will go easy on me, show some pity!

Broncoman13
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Well Knowshon single handedly ended my big money run. I was down by 8 with 4 players to go... The other team, the Pats D. Moreno gives me 0, Branch 3, Jarvis Green 11, and when I need it most, 5 from the Bears D. But Moreno is the one that killed me. Ci had Tolbert, Torain, and Mathews on the bench. 6 lousy points from Knowho knowshow and I am screwed! $1700 for top prize (70%). 2nd gets 20%. 3rd place 10%. I am now playing for a measly 150$ or so. I hope we draft a RB next year, Moreno's soft ass is pissing me off!

Bad Reflexes
12-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Can I borrow some players... I have some questionable matchups!

All I need is McFadden, Peterson, White and Lloyd!!! ;)

Maybe BR will go easy on me, show some pity!
The Steelers D/ST might beat me by themselves ugh!~ Luckily... They'll probably only score 30 without Polomalu!

I think it's gonna be pretty close... An Epic shootout on "Monday Night Football" between Brees & Roddy perhaps?

Broncoman13
12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
The Steelers D/ST might beat me by themselves ugh!~ Luckily... They'll probably only score 30 without Polomalu!

I think it's gonna be pretty close... An Epic shootout on "Monday Night Football" between Brees & Roddy perhaps?

Roddy is out for the season... you didn't hear?

In fact, I think you should play all of your backups as the regular starters are expected to sit out with various "lower extremity" injuries.

:nyahdevil

Broncoman13
12-22-2010, 08:31 AM
The 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football League Superbowl is upon us!

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Dec 21, 2010) Coming up in a week 16 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football rivalry, the 8-4 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron, who hope to extend their 3 game winning streak, face off against the 9-3 Touchdowns from Jesus.
Brees, Drew NOS QB
Drew Brees

BMan's Republic of the Gridiron were led in week 15 by a 34 point effort from Jason Witten, who beat the Washington Redskins defense for 140 receiving yards and 1 receiving TD. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 33 point effort from Drew Brees in week 16, who is expected to sneak past the Atlanta Falcons defense for a gazillion passing yards.

"We have to play like we're capable of playing," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.

Touchdowns from Jesus were led in week 15 by a 50 point effort from Ray Rice, who beat the New Orleans Saints defense for 153 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD in addition to 80 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Touchdowns from Jesus can expect a 25 point effort from Dwayne Bowe in week 16, who is expected to sneak past the Tennessee Titans defense for two gazillion receiving yards.

"We have to bend but not break," Touchdowns from Jesus coach Bad Reflexes said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a classic showdown.

The battle of the "Boss" teams from the NPN and OM Conferences. This is sure to be an epic showdown with the winner taking home all the glory and OM Bragging Rights! I am not a big believer in projections. Like BR said earlier, they don't really matter all that much... but right now, I am projected to outscore BR's Touchdowns from Jesus squad. I have crappy matchups so I don't see my team scoring what they are projected. I think we'll both be in the 145-155 range. Good Luck BR, you've been a great addition to the league!

Broncoman13
12-24-2010, 09:40 AM

You were close! One moree sack and that would have been 30 for the Steeler D. Can't imagine how ugly it would have been with Polomalu playing!

That was my best matchup of th week though. The path goes vertical from here and it looks like it will be a tough uphill road!

Bad Reflexes
12-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Um... Bman... Cassel wasn't in your starting lineup last night dude?

Broncoman13
12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, late switch. Commish has it's privys!!! ;D

Check out the scrolling banner on the website. The winner was announced this morning!

missingnumber7
12-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Congrats BR.

We gonna look at keeping this rolling so we don't get such a late start next year?

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Congrats BR.

We gonna look at keeping this rolling so we don't get such a late start next year?

For sure!!!

Congrats to everyone and thank you for your participation. I think things settled in nicely. There are some "gaffs" with the site, but all in all I think it offers the best and most features for a league of our size. My plan is to continue with the current site, though we will add some by-laws for situations we encountered this year. If and when we get some consistency, I would love to eventually move to a keeper concept. With a league of this size I think it will be difficult but it is an added dimension for strategy!

bowtown
12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks to both comishes for putting in the leg work and listening to the gripes. It all turned out to be a pretty good time.

missingnumber7
12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I concur with Bowtown, I think for what ended up being a last minute deal for the most part...or at least a 9th hour deal it turned into a pretty good league.

When can we expect our little payouts, for those of us that got something?

theAPAOps5
12-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I think next year will go much more smoothly in that we will start planning early on, if there is football.

I have been keeping notes of all the feedback so I will at some point get with Alex!

Congrats to all the players!

Bad Reflexes
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I probably would have been without fantasy football if you guys hadn't let me sneak in! I really hope there isn't a player strike next year... that would suck in so many ways.

I must say I feel pretty fortunate! Thought I was toast when Bman's TE & D/ST dropped 39 on me. With my D/ST giving me a measly 3! In a panic on Sunday morning, I was forced to bench Megatron (who would have been canceled by Bman's "doppelganger" Megatron). In the hopes Britt would have a better game... I was very lucky there. Seemed like kind of a "down week" across the board for fantasy scoring. My Brother & I were at the Broncos game (:thumbs:Awesome!:thumbs:)... I kept checking my phone. But, (other than the 50 points I got in a span of about 5 minutes, care of Bowe & Britt) the scores never changed more than a point or two every 15 minutes.

I hope the site calculates points next week... I'd like to see if I can make 2,500 points! A memorable number to use as a benchmark for my future teams. ;D I would also like to see if Megatron can get in front of Lloyd & Rivers can outscore Vick. If that happened it would mean right around week 5 (before the "TE Massacre"), my team rostered... The #1 QB, #1#2 & #3WR's, #1TE's (you know they woulda been;)) and two top 12 RB's (Ray Rice was BY FAR the best RB to have in the playoffs IMO). That's ridiculous... I'll never luck into a team like this again!

The loss of Clark followed by Gates really brought my team down to earth. The beat down Floridian Broncos gave me the last week of the season followed by my 87 point Bye week, really had me worried. And CBF set his damn lineup. I just would have died if I lost to his team! I was so glad, I didn't have to play him! :~ohyah!:

Dropping a 190 on my Brother in the Conference Championship... Priceless :thanku:

Great year to everyone who played it out! Thanks... you guys make it fun!

I'm already looking forward to next year! hopefully!

BTW... this site wouldn't happen to have "Playoff Capabilities" would it? Where you draft a new (limited roster) team for the playoffs? Just Curious...

Bad Reflexes
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I do have a jersey preference!:~ohyah!:

To commemorate the "Davis Division"... It seems only right to add another TD jersey to my Bronco wardrobe :bronxrox: (Orange preferably or Blue would be 2nd... I already got an "away" #30 jersey:giggle:)

And as far as the $... I'll take the "gift card", if it's like a Visa/MC type. If it's "store specific", I think I'd rather get the e-check thing.

Doggcow
12-29-2010, 05:24 PM
For sure!!!

Congrats to everyone and thank you for your participation. I think things settled in nicely. There are some "gaffs" with the site, but all in all I think it offers the best and most features for a league of our size. My plan is to continue with the current site, though we will add some by-laws for situations we encountered this year. If and when we get some consistency, I would love to eventually move to a keeper concept. With a league of this size I think it will be difficult but it is an added dimension for strategy!

Bad Reflexes and I used to have a 2x12 league (like this one) with One Keeper league, and one Non-Keeper league. They were independent save the final championship.

sutoazul
12-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I really enjoyed this league. Looking forward to next year guys. Congrats to the winner!!

Broncoman13
12-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I do have a jersey preference!:~ohyah!:

To commemorate the "Davis Division"... It seems only right to add another TD jersey to my Bronco wardrobe :bronxrox: (Orange preferably or Blue would be 2nd... I already got an "away" #30 jersey:giggle:)

And as far as the $... I'll take the "gift card", if it's like a Visa/MC type. If it's "store specific", I think I'd rather get the e-check thing.

Excellent choice! So I can't do anything until the end of the season. Everything as you recall is in league safe. I have to appropriate all of the funds at once so we have to wait until the pickem winner is final. I guess we can concede but I think we are within striking distance going into the final week.

Everyone will need to log into league safe and you yourself decide how you want to receive your prizes.

What I need to know from BR is if you want me to order the TD jersey or if you would prefer to get the entire amount and order the jersey yourself. Either way is fine with me, but if you want me to do the ordering, PM me your size and address and I will get it done!

Bad Reflexes
12-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Bad Reflexes and I used to have a 2x12 league (like this one) with One Keeper league, and one Non-Keeper league. They were independent save the final championship.
This actually worked pretty well since we only needed the "core" group of 12. And a second league for people who don't like keeper leagues, or may not be into "long term" commitment!:~ohyah!: But with the same playoff "finale" in a pseudo (MLB) AL/NL kinda way.

DeuceOfClub
12-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Congrats to the winner(s), and thanks for all participants and commissioner(s)

I'm also looking forward for next year...

missingnumber7
12-30-2010, 07:05 AM
We could make it into the champions league. All the playoff teams go into one conference, anyone else who wants to stay and all newcomers go into the other.

Doggcow
01-03-2011, 01:00 AM
I think I know who the #1 pick should be next year...

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/top?L=12936&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=30&YEAR=2010&START_WEEK=15&END_WEEK=17&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=*&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*

Doggcow
01-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Bump for Tebow.

Was he the top scorer the last three weeks in Standard Scoring leagues too?

Just Curious.

Broncoman13
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I just sent an email out to all league owners. Your team names and names on the Leaguesafe account are different in many cases. Please PM me or respond by email with your correct name on league safe so I can make sure to get all the prizes out. Would like to get this done asap and have to do it all at once!

Broncoman13
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Alright Peeps! The money has all been put into your leaguesafe accounts. Up to you to decide how you want to receive your prizes. Just log into league safe and follow the prompts!

P.s. If you don't claim you prize in the next 5 minutes it will, by default, be donated to a super good cause...

j/k, about the 5 minute part. But do log in and collect your prizes!