PDA

View Full Version : OM Fantasy Football

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Please make sure and damn it I hope next week it goes smoother please bare with us!

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
No sweat dude... thanks for getting everything sorted :thumbsup:

Doggcow
09-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Run Best Run!

Doggcow
09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Run Best Run!

HOLY **** YES! I AGREE!

WTG Rook!

HAT
09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
HOLY **** YES! I AGREE!

WTG Rook!

:thumbsup:

My re-name my team to Jahvid's The Best.

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Well done Doggcow you called Jahvid Best from the start. I clearly just don't have a great team. Probably because I was focused on trying to get this thing up and running with Alex and less on my picks for our scoring system.

Not making excuses or complaining just looks to be a fun league for me this year! I am winning in my big money league though! And I sat Best against Philly's D! :spit: I am better than that!

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
My Tight End's are so sexy! :twokisses

Doggcow
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Well done Doggcow you called Jahvid Best from the start. I clearly just don't have a great team. Probably because I was focused on trying to get this thing up and running with Alex and less on my picks for our scoring system.

Not making excuses or complaining just looks to be a fun league for me this year! I am winning in my big money league though! And I sat Best against Philly's D! :spit: I am better than that!

I sat Arian Foster last week in my other league... And Best this week....

I have Mojo/Sjax/Foster/Best... I hate my RBs right now, I wish I could start 3!

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I sat Arian Foster last week in my other league... And Best this week....

I have Mojo/Sjax/Foster/Best... I hate my RBs right now, I wish I could start 3!

I did the exact same thing! I sat Best and still should be the high scorer for the week! I think I am sitting pretty!

Doggcow
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
I did the exact same thing! I sat Best and still should be the high scorer for the week! I think I am sitting pretty!

So ****ing frustrating though watching my bench outscore my team lol.

My WR's are weak, and Orton is my QB until Roeth back.

underrated29
09-20-2010, 11:11 AM
So ****ing frustrating though watching my bench outscore my team lol.

My WR's are weak, and Orton is my QB until Roeth back.

well well. What will it take to take best of your hands? I have a few wideouts that I could part with.

Doggcow
09-20-2010, 12:42 PM
well well. What will it take to take best of your hands? I have a few wideouts that I could part with.

I'll warn you the only RB's I'd really be willing to part with are Shonn Greene, Portis, and Jones. So if you're interested in them, throw up some deals in PM's and we'll see if we can work something out.

I'm going to need Best it looks like, so he may be "untouchable" based on your value and mine, but you're welcome to try.

Doggcow
09-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I think I'll just sit on my RB's I guess.

Everyone thinks I'm going to give up my starters for midrange Wides... I just scored the league high with my wides, so I'm not hurting that bad. Clayton looks to be fine, and I can play roulette with Devery (He will get his bombs) until Holmes comes back :)

Addai is this years Grant, solid performance, every week, and I love that, maybe not too flashy, but its ok. He's a starter for me. I'm not trading him for bench players or borderline bench players, or guys you can easily replace (just makes your team stronger and my team the same)

theAPAOps5
09-21-2010, 01:35 PM
But you offered junk for starters in your trade proposal to me..... :clown:

Doggcow
09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
But you offered junk for starters in your trade proposal to me..... :clown:

Last I checked Bey Bey and Simms-Walker were on your bench against me. Thus, "Bench players."

Shonn's value is low right now, Simms is inflated due to garbage time receptions and scores... Same with Calvin btw (He was at 0 until the last like 4 minutes of the game)

Plus, you can't start all those WR's, so their value is deflated for your team.

If I give you one of my starter RBs, for one of the guys you can easily replace, your team gets a lot better, and my team just kind of stays where it's at. It makes no sense for me, as a competing owner, to significantly improve your team for a moderate improvement, if at all, to mine.

theAPAOps5
09-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Well you are the one who said they wanted my WR's. If I give you a WR for a junk RB you are better and I am mediocre. You want but won't give. And Thomas won't be a bench player again but go ahead and try using that failed logic :spit:

And I may not have any use of those WR's but neither will you or anyone else!

Doggcow
09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Well you are the one who said they wanted my WR's. If I give you a WR for a junk RB you are better and I am mediocre. You want but won't give. And Thomas won't be a bench player again but go ahead and try using that failed logic :spit:

And I may not have any use of those WR's but neither will you or anyone else!

I just scored the high points for the week, so my team doesn't really need to make moves, so horde your WR's all you want I can survive with 1 TD per catch Mark Clayton :)

theAPAOps5
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I just scored the high points for the week, so my team doesn't really need to make moves, so horde your WR's all you want I can survive with 1 TD per catch Mark Clayton :)

Then stop sending requests an PM's. Stupid trade proposals are just going to be laughed at.

underrated29
09-21-2010, 10:19 PM

Javid best is not going to keep putting up 50 pts a week though.....Or at least i seriously hope not..

And if reggie buch did not get hurt and break his dam leg, I might have had your for high points

Doggcow
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Javid best is not going to keep putting up 50 pts a week though.....Or at least i seriously hope not..

And if reggie buch did not get hurt and break his dam leg, I might have had your for high points

And Brees isn't going to hover around 20 points for the whole season either...

Bad Reflexes
09-22-2010, 12:59 AM

I played in a league years ago... got "high points" in week one... which ended up being the only week I won that season... ROFL

Basically, all "High Points" means is: Your starters all had good days (or a couple had monster days)... But just because your team had a good day... does not make them good, nor does it make them somehow more valuable.

By the way... Didn't you also have the "Low Points" last week? ;)

Bad Reflexes
09-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Oh... and any idiot can see you're pretty desperate for a wide receiver... lol

Offering multiple trades trying to acquire one... and then stating how much you "Really don't need a WR"... is kinda funny to me...:kiddingme

Bad Reflexes
09-22-2010, 01:30 AM
I played in a league years ago... got "high points" in week one... which ended up being the only week I won that season... ROFL

Basically, all "High Points" means is: Your starters all had good days (or a couple had monster days)... But just because your team had a good day... does not make them good, nor does it make them somehow more valuable.

By the way... Didn't you also have the "Low Points" last week? ;)
Oops... I forgot about Apa's debacle in week 1... ROFL... But either way, you still didn't score much in week 1.

Bad Reflexes
09-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Last I checked Bey Bey and Simms-Walker were on your bench against me. Thus, "Bench players."

Uh... no dude.:saywhat: Simply "being" on the bench dose not qualify a player as a "Bench Player". That's absurd! Simms-Walker could easily start on half the teams in the league! Yours? for instance! And, as far a Bey Bey goes... it was his FIRST GAME EVER! So of course he was on the freakin bench!

Shonn's value is low right now,

This is true and accurate

Simms is inflated due to garbage time receptions and scores... Same with Calvin btw (He was at 0 until the last like 4 minutes of the game)

Luckily... all 60 minutes of the game count for fantasy football...:yayaya:... perhaps next year, you should start a "3 quarter only" league? You know, so when Calvin tries to bring his team back in the last few minutes it doesn't ruin your fantasy week...Hilarious!

Plus, you can't start all those WR's, so their value is deflated for your team.

How many RB's can you start? hmmm

If I give you one of my starter RBs, for one of the guys you can easily replace, your team gets a lot better, and my team just kind of stays where it's at. It makes no sense for me, as a competing owner, to significantly improve your team for a moderate improvement, if at all, to mine.

Personally, I don't think it's possible to improve on your team bro... I mean... My Gawd, YOU SCORED THE HIGH FREAKIN POINTS MAN!!! Mark Clayton looks just like Randy Moss except faster! you're good... see ya in 4 weeks :nutkick

theAPAOps5
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
The ownage in these past posts is epic! LOL

underrated29
09-22-2010, 10:54 AM
well it is easy. It is all part of the negotiating process.

He needs wr badly, some of us do to injury now have a need at RB. However a starter for starter swap is unnaceptable to him. He will have to sweat it out and after a loss or two will probably pull the trigger or risk losing the season.

I for one would still keep my trade to him open, but I am content sitting on my players and waiting for my guys to come back healthy, then make a rash move.

Baba Booey
09-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Here are my quandaries for the week, maners...any help appreciated:

First league
Crabtree or Naanee?
Bey Bey or Eddie? (or Mike Wallace?)
Romo or Ryan?

Second League
Shonn Greene or Steve Smith (CAR)? (flex RB/WR)

Bad Reflexes
09-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Personally, I would go with...

Naanee (Crabtree is pretty much droppable IMO and, who's throwin in Pitt?)
Bey Bey (better upside than Eddie)
Ryan (Like his matchup vs. NO & not a Romo fan this year)

Smith (Greene is too risky at the moment)

But that's just me...

Doggcow
09-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh... and any idiot can see you're pretty desperate for a wide receiver... lol

Offering multiple trades trying to acquire one... and then stating how much you "Really don't need a WR"... is kinda funny to me...:kiddingme

Since when is "1" "ONE" "SINGLE" trade, offering multiple trades?

Doggcow
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Awwww ****, High ankle sprain on Matthews. Awesome.

Except now I don't know who to bench for Tolbert vs Seattle!

Doggcow
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
lol I just noticed that both McApa and CBF's entire teams go in the morning games. That kinda sucks. Makes all the other games less important to watch.

bowtown
09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
lol I just noticed that both McApa and CBF's entire teams go in the morning games. That kinda sucks. Makes all the other games less important to watch.

Yeah it sucks there won't be any late games for them to watch that they will have any investment in... ???

theAPAOps5
09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah it sucks there won't be any late games for them to watch that they will have any investment in... ???

I was going to just let that one slide by.... :spit:

DeuceOfClub
09-23-2010, 02:49 PM
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who follows the NFL that Raiders Suck head coach DeuceOfClub is on a short leash. Raiders Suck owner has gone on the record saying that the 0-2 start is “quite a setback” for the organization.

:yayaya:

bowtown
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
DoucheOfCud iz tearrrring teh team apaaarrrrrrttt.

Doggcow
09-23-2010, 03:08 PM

I generally think the Broncos game is a given, as we will all be watching it no matter what, when posting on this forum.

I guess I have to specify.

I was just going off the bar graph, and apparently it is misleading since the "late games" don't add any points to their scores :)

Doggcow
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
After double checking the bar graph thing in "preview" they are definitely designed wrong, unless, for whatever reason, they are counting afternoon games as early.

BroncoBuff
09-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Arkie's Showboats vs. Judean Peoples Front ... battle of 0-2 teams. Something's gotta give.

Wish I'd realized the position premiums relative to each other before the draft ... QB's are so easy to come by, RB's near-impossible. Should've gone RB-RB 1st and 2nd. In fact, the disparity between them might indicate an active lineup change is in order - maybe 2 QBs active.

Bad Reflexes
09-24-2010, 05:15 AM
I've played with a QB/RB/WR Flex position... which is pretty cool. I don't think I would like a league, that actually forced you to start 2 QB's. :thumbsdow

BroncoBuff
09-24-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't think I would like a league, that actually forced you to start 2 QB's. :thumbsdow

Just 12 teams? ???

Bad Reflexes
09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
And only 32 QB's... not like there are QB by committee options out there. Personally, I think a league starting 75% of the players at 1 position every week put WAY too high a premium on that position.

Doggcow
09-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Arkie's Showboats vs. Judean Peoples Front ... battle of 0-2 teams. Something's gotta give.

Wish I'd realized the position premiums relative to each other before the draft ... QB's are so easy to come by, RB's near-impossible. Should've gone RB-RB 1st and 2nd. In fact, the disparity between them might indicate an active lineup change is in order - maybe 2 QBs active.

Everyone can't draft Jahvid Best, or Matt Forte, or Arian Foster. I think the QB's will come around.

QB's have the easiest road to 50+pt weeks for sure. That's why I went for an elite one with Brees, and I'm glad I did. RB's are HIT, and by HIT, I mean ****ING CRUSH, or miss it looks like. Imagine if you went Ray Rice and Shonn Greene 1/2 right now.

WR's feel like they either score 4 points or 30 points too, depending if they catch the long one or not lol (of course, my #2 sucks so he has no choice but to catch a long one or he has a **** week)

Broncoman13
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Everyone can't draft Jahvid Best, or Matt Forte, or Arian Foster. I think the QB's will come around.

QB's have the easiest road to 50+pt weeks for sure. That's why I went for an elite one with Brees, and I'm glad I did. RB's are HIT, and by HIT, I mean ****ING CRUSH, or miss it looks like. Imagine if you went Ray Rice and Shonn Greene 1/2 right now.

WR's feel like they either score 4 points or 30 points too, depending if they catch the long one or not lol (of course, my #2 sucks so he has no choice but to catch a long one or he has a **** week)

Hmm, I haven't had a QB, RB, or WR "hit" this magical 50 point mark you speak of. I have WR's that consistently score right around 20 though. I do feel bad for those that drafted Rice, Green, and Matthews early. But then, it beats combing the waiver wire and looking for a guy like Tolbert to play so you can bench Knowshown while he's injured...again.

Jay Cutler is the one I wish I had. He'll end up top 3 in this league, ahead of guys like Rivers, Brees, and Brady who were only draft about 10 rounds ahead of him.

BroncoBuff
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
QB's have the easiest road to 50+pt weeks for sure. That's why I went for an elite one with Brees, and I'm glad I did. RB's are HIT, and by HIT, I mean ****ING CRUSH, or miss it looks like.

I took Brees too ... in fact, I think you and I had this exact same conversation a couple pages back.

underrated29
09-24-2010, 08:43 PM
I took Brees too ... in fact, I think you and I had this exact same conversation a couple pages back.

hell ya. same here. I always go elite QB.

BroncoBuff
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm 0-2 ... if I lose to 0-2 Arkie, I'm changing my team name to 'Peoples Front of Judea.'

theAPAOps5
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Hmm, I haven't had a QB, RB, or WR "hit" this magical 50 point mark you speak of. I have WR's that consistently score right around 20 though. I do feel bad for those that drafted Rice, Green, and Matthews early. But then, it beats combing the waiver wire and looking for a guy like Tolbert to play so you can bench Knowshown while he's injured...again.

Jay Cutler is the one I wish I had. He'll end up top 3 in this league, ahead of guys like Rivers, Brees, and Brady who were only draft about 10 rounds ahead of him.

Cutler has had a few great games but talk to me at the end of the season and we will see if this is true. Both Orton and Cutler need to put together 16 games like the last 2 before we can totally be sure.

underrated29
09-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Cutler has had a few great games but talk to me at the end of the season and we will see if this is true. Both Orton and Cutler need to put together 16 games like the last 2 before we can totally be sure.

well I am going against Jay in 2 of my leauges. So lets hope that he chumps this one....

HAT
09-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm 0-2 ... if I lose to 0-2 Arkie, I'm changing my team name to 'Peoples Front of Judea.'

I wish he would log on and see the trade proposal I've had up for him all week.

Doggcow
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM

I took Best though. Did you? :D

Bad Reflexes
09-25-2010, 02:10 AM

Don't feel bad for me! notsofast I am more than confident that Rice will be a Top 5 RB... I was fully aware of his early season schedule (Ravens play #1,#4 overall D's from last year in September). I had a conversation with DoggCow before the draft about it. I'm not worried about him in the slightest... if he's still sucking in week 6... I'll start worrying then. :pray: Course, the rest of my team is really "picking up the slack", so I suppose that makes it a little easier.;)

Bad Reflexes
09-25-2010, 02:31 AM
I also think Flacco has been trying to force the ball to Boldin & Housh too much... which is why he's playing like ****. The Ravens will start throwing to Rice more. If nothing else... to get Flacco's confidence back... I hope...

Doggcow
09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Not going to lie. Got some great trade offers (by great I mean extremely fair).

I'm not ignoring your offers guys, just having a hard time deciding one way or the other.

Doggcow
09-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Im not getting bonus points for long passing play right now, will that fix later?

Unless long passing play only counts for non TDs?

Broncomutt
09-26-2010, 04:50 PM
so ****ing stupid

Doggcow
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
My RB's all sucked today. Go figure. I'd almost rather that than miss someone's big game on my bench.

Shonn will blow it up, watch :P

Bad Reflexes
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Blocked 61 yarder! zowie! Holy Snikies that woulda sucked!

Bad Reflexes
09-27-2010, 01:49 AM
In the second half of the Chargers loss; Rivers threw a two yard TD to Gates, which was flagged for holding...

Next play, Rivers threw a "now" 12 yard TD to... Antonio Gates...

No biggie right?

Let's break it down... shall we? :yep:

First, Gates finished with 109 yards (the 10 yd penalty was actually worth +3 points in yardage & bonuses)

Second, Gates got +3 for TD yard bonus (instead of +1)

Third, Rivers finished with 455 passing yards (the 10 yard penalty was worth +1 in yardage)

Fourth, The Chargers still LOST! !Booya!

+6 points! Because of a penalty! For "essentially", the same TD!

I won by 3... Hilarious!

Totally diggin' this scoring system right now! :bandwagon

Bad Reflexes
09-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I thought Rivers' -5 point INT, on 4th & goal, at the end was gonna sink me though...

DeuceOfClub
09-27-2010, 08:14 AM
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who follows the NFL that Raiders Suck head coach DeuceOfClub is on a short leash. Raiders Suck owner has gone on the record saying that the 0-2 start is “quite a setback” for the organization.

:yayaya:

Yay me! :strong:

Finally I got a ONE in my win column.
Thanks in part for a surprising FA acquisition (Roy Williams).
And at least one of my RB showed up this week...

Only missed conference high-score by single digit. (with one game to go...)

Doggcow
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
I super regret not taking that Michael Vick trade offer :(

Lol, I just couldnt see the value in it with Brees not in the mix (since I just never see myself starting him over brees)

underrated29
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I think the waiver thing is effed again...I had benjarvis as my first claim and lance moore as my backup...I got moore and then a few spots behind me someone nabbed green ellis....

Ah well, its no big deal. I can handle some lance moore. And **** man, none of my guys showed up this week except manning. All of the rest just tanked. I guess they cant be superstars everyweek.

Doggcow
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I think the waiver thing is effed again...I had benjarvis as my first claim and lance moore as my backup...I got moore and then a few spots behind me someone nabbed green ellis....

Ah well, its no big deal. I can handle some lance moore. And **** man, none of my guys showed up this week except manning. All of the rest just tanked. I guess they cant be superstars everyweek.

This should be fixed. Green Ellis could be huge.

Plus, **** my bro.

My guys didnt either.. But the chiefs did! LOL YAY

Bad Reflexes
09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
@underrated - It shows me getting BGE at 3... and you getting Moore at 5? I am lower on waivers than you also. I think you're reading waiver claims for the other conference? Lance Moore was picked up #1 in the other conference.

Broncoman13
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Yup, no problems with the Waiver order... it just confuses everyone b/c it shows both conferences at the same time.

underrated29
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
@underrated - It shows me getting BGE at 3... and you getting Moore at 5? I am lower on waivers than you also. I think you're reading waiver claims for the other conference? Lance Moore was picked up #1 in the other conference.

yes It is me that is effed.

I was reading it wrong. Thats what I get for trying to think on 3 hours of sleep. FML. At least I did not have to write any reports or conduct any meetings. I also noticed that my zipper has been down all day too. I need to eat and sleep otherwise I might kill someone...(not because of anger but because of lack of brain function)

DeuceOfClub
09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
This is very strange.... :confuzzle

From this week fantasy-review (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=207&W=4):

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 28, 2010) Coming up in a week 4 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football intra-divisional classic, the 1-2 Judean Peoples' Front face off against the 1-2 Raiders SUCK.
<table class="articlepicturetable" align="right"><tbody><tr><td align="center">http://www.myfantasyleague.com/iconsports/4925.jpg</td></tr><tr><th class="articlecaption">Drew Brees (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=4925)</th></tr></tbody></table> Judean Peoples' Front were led in week 3 by a 41 (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/detailed?L=12936&P=4925&W=3) point effort from Drew Brees (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=4925), who tore apart the Atlanta Falcons defense for 365 passing yards and 3 passing TDs. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), Judean Peoples' Front can expect a 37 point effort from Drew Brees (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=4925) in week 4, who is expected to beat the Carolina Panthers defense for 340 passing yards and 3 passing TDs in addition to 10 rushing yards.
"Both teams are playing at a high level," Judean Peoples' Front coach BroncoBuff said.
Raiders SUCK were led in week 3 by a 34 (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/detailed?L=12936&P=7918&W=3) point effort from Kyle Orton (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7918), who tore apart the Indianapolis Colts defense for 476 passing yards and 1 passing TD in addition to 11 rushing yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), Raiders SUCK can expect a 29 point effort from Michael Turner (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7544) in week 4, who is expected to beat the San Francisco 49ers defense for 120 rushing yards and 2 rushing TD in addition to 15 receiving yards.
"We can't expect to shut Elway down completely," Raiders SUCK coach DeuceofClub said.
This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a classic showdown.

But we will try to slow him down... ROFL!

bowtown
09-30-2010, 09:59 AM
This is very strange.... :confuzzle

From this week fantasy-review (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=207&W=4):

But we will try to slow him down... ROFL!

You really need to fire your coach if he's preapring the team for Elway this week.

Doggcow
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow. I better win with the ****ing ghost of Elway.

missingnumber7
09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
I love that you can edit those.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm confused .... for all 3 waiver wire players I placed on "hold," I didn't list a player to be cut for them. Will this be a problem?

Plus, two are at the same position, but I'll only want one ... same question.

Bad Reflexes
10-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Well... I doubt it will let you pick up a player if your roster is full (i.e. 15 players)... If you want to do it that way, you will need to cut players prior to waivers clearing. Otherwise, I would imagine, the claim would cancel. (This is a horrible way to do waivers IMO! I have no idea why people do waivers this way ever!)

I would recommend changing your waiver claims and selecting a player to drop for each waiver move.

To ensure you only get one of the two players at the same position, set up you waivers dropping the SAME guy for both... that way, if you get your 1st choice, your second claim will cancel. Because the player you selected to drop, is no longer on your team.

Does that make sense?

For example... when you save your claims, they should look (something) like this:

Add Williams, Mike TBB WR (R) and drop Naanee, Legegu SDC WR
Add Houshmandzadeh, T.J. BAL WR and drop Naanee, Legadu SDC WR

Add Ivory, Christopher NOS RB (R) and drop Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

By dropping the same WR for the two selections you will only be able to get one at the most. If you're attempting to also get another player... you will have to drop a DIFFERENT player, to get that guy...

I believe you will have to place the "lone" claim in the "second waiver round" box ALSO (have him in the 1st round too in case you get neither of the 1st two guys). Essentially, I'm saying double up...

PS. I haven't actually tried to make multiple pick-up's in the same waiver period yet. So, I'm making educated guesses here.

Broncoman13
10-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Well... I doubt it will let you pick up a player if your roster is full (i.e. 15 players)... If you want to do it that way, you will need to cut players prior to waivers clearing. Otherwise, I would imagine, the claim would cancel. (This is a horrible way to do waivers IMO! I have no idea why people do waivers this way ever!)

I would recommend changing your waiver claims and selecting a player to drop for each waiver move.

To ensure you only get one of the two players at the same position, set up you waivers dropping the SAME guy for both... that way, if you get your 1st choice, your second claim will cancel. Because the player you selected to drop, is no longer on your team.

Does that make sense?

For example... when you save your claims, they should look (something) like this:

Add Williams, Mike TBB WR (R) and drop Naanee, Legegu SDC WR
Add Houshmandzadeh, T.J. BAL WR and drop Naanee, Legadu SDC WR

Add Ivory, Christopher NOS RB (R) and drop Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

By dropping the same WR for the two selections you will only be able to get one at the most. If you're attempting to also get another player... you will have to drop a DIFFERENT player, to get that guy...

I believe you will have to place the "lone" claim in the "second waiver round" box ALSO (have him in the 1st round too in case you get neither of the 1st two guys). Essentially, I'm saying double up...

PS. I haven't actually tried to make multiple pick-up's in the same waiver period yet. So, I'm making educated guesses here.

Exactly how I would have answered Buff's question. :yayaya:

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks, I deleted and re-did them.

Doggcow
10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Ive yet to have a problem with Waivers, and yes that's basically right. My round 1 week 1 looked something like

Add: Vick Drop: Lee Evans
Add: Collie Drop: Lee Evans
Add: Clayton Drop: Lee Evans

Round 2:

Add: Collie Drop: Meachem
Add: Clayton Drop: Meachem

So I was covered if I got my first in round 1, and then round 2 I could get my second. I dont have to double vick, because he was highest priority.

Since Collie and Vick both got picked up, the only waiver to process for me was Lee Evans for Mark Clayton.

underrated29
10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Ive yet to have a problem with Waivers, and yes that's basically right. My round 1 week 1 looked something like

Add: Vick Drop: Lee Evans
Add: Collie Drop: Lee Evans
Add: Clayton Drop: Lee Evans

Round 2:

Add: Collie Drop: Meachem
Add: Clayton Drop: Meachem

So I was covered if I got my first in round 1, and then round 2 I could get my second. I dont have to double vick, because he was highest priority.

Since Collie and Vick both got picked up, the only waiver to process for me was Lee Evans for Mark Clayton.

and you got ivory you dickhead. I wanted him.:approve:

oh well Bush is apparantly healing faster than expected, only a couple more weeks of scavenging the waivers and playing matchups.

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Oh that is hilarious ... 26 of the last 27 transactions were made by me and my confused brain!

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=03

BroncoBuff
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
That is just sad :nono:

HAT
10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
What's the deal with the survivor picks? I took BALTY last week & it shows I'm out? Just got back from a 5 day Vaca so I just noticed. Looks like others had problems as well?

Doggcow
10-02-2010, 12:46 AM
and you got ivory you dickhead. I wanted him.:approve:

oh well Bush is apparantly healing faster than expected, only a couple more weeks of scavenging the waivers and playing matchups.

Lol my brother dropped him like an hour before they posted the Pierre Thomas injury :)

worm
10-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Lol my brother dropped him like an hour before they posted the Pierre Thomas injury :)

Still dont think Ivory will have a good week. He will split with Ladell.

Bad Reflexes
10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah... you're always pickin' up my scrap's...

You still starting Henderson too bro? :laugh:

Doggcow
10-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah... you're always pickin' up my scrap's...

You still starting Henderson too bro? :laugh:

Til Louis' knee heals. Yep!

Bad Reflexes
10-03-2010, 12:39 PM
@Apa... Trade is looking pretty freaking good for both of us at the half! !Booya!

Doggcow
10-03-2010, 02:36 PM
I hope I didnt **** myself overthinking things this morning and trading Portis/Green for Ivory/Best :(

theAPAOps5
10-03-2010, 03:15 PM
@Apa... Trade is looking pretty freaking good for both of us at the half! !Booya!

Yep can't complain for either of us. I figured it was a win win especially when you gave me Legadu Naanee or however you spell his damn name!

Doggcow
10-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Seems like this is just a **** week for fantasy. Lol. So many teams under 100 still.

Bad Reflexes
10-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Way too many teams not setting their lineup's... wut up with that?:kiddingme

Bad Reflexes
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Yep can't complain for either of us. I figured it was a win win especially when you gave me Legadu Naanee or however you spell his damn name!

That's awesome... I was trying to clear the roster spot to pick up James Starks ASAP anyway! Glad that was a deciding factor! :approve:

Doggcow
10-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Way too many teams not setting their lineup's... wut up with that?:kiddingme

For real, gonna be mad if tebow wins because the dude didn't put a tight end in to start... I want that Division Lead locked up.

WTF?

Bad Reflexes
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
563 points against? :strong: No Biggie...:approve:

Doggcow
10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Is there anything we can do about the banners?

Doggcow
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM

Sims-Walker and Thomas have done what since I said this?

put up bench points at best... lol

But I guess it's just my "failed logic" to have predicted this!

Simms-Walker could easily start on half the teams in the league! Yours? for instance!

Youre right. However did I manage without Simms-Walkers 3 total points the last two weeks ROFL!

Bad Reflexes
10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Sims-Walker and Thomas have done what since I said this?

put up bench points at best... lol

But I guess it's just my "failed logic" to have predicted this!

So... in two weeks... when they're doing good again... should I revisit this? Or are we both old enough to realize that things change as the season progresses?

Youre right. However did I manage without Simms-Walkers 3 total points the last two weeks ROFL! Alas... I did not predict that you would only have 306 points against you after week 4.:notworthy

Guess it truly is better... to be lucky than good :oyvey:

Doggcow
10-04-2010, 12:34 AM
So... in two weeks... when they're doing good again... should I revisit this? Or are we both old enough to realize that things change as the season progresses?

Alas... I did not predict that you would only have 306 points against you after week 4.:notworthy

Guess it truly is better... to be lucky than good :oyvey:

I'm a firm believer in good teams get lucky. See: Atlanta this week and last. Deny all you want.

and as far as 306 points against, I'm still the 4th highest scorer, so I'm not super worried. Same as Brandon Marshall going for 20 catches and a gajillion points in a loss, How is not really relevant as long as you win!

Bad Reflexes
10-04-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm a firm believer in good teams get lucky. See: Atlanta this week and last. Deny all you want.
Sure... but at 76 points against, per week average... My guess is, you're getting lucky pretty much every week!

Good teams don't typically need that much love!notsofast

Side Note: I believe Roddy White should be awarded, like a 5 point bonus for that "ReDonKulOus... game saving... forced fumble"!:militia:
and as far as 306 points against, I'm still the 4th highest scorer, so I'm not super worried. Same as Brandon Marshall going for 20 catches and a gajillion points in a loss, How is not really relevant as long as you win!
Neat stats... about... Brandon Marshall?:kiddingme Not sure where he factors into this?

An item of interest to me is... I'd be 4-0 with your schedule... And you'd be 1-3 with mine! You can spend the next two weeks rationalizing how that "doesn't matter"... In week 6... May the best team win bro! :nutkick

DeuceOfClub
10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Question:

Shouldn't defenses be awarded 6 points for a block FG TD?
Both the 49ers and the Patriots weren't awarded any this week.

There are no points awarded for the block, but the according to the League Scoring Rules, every defense's TD should be awarded 6 points...

Broncoman13
10-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Yes, both should receive 6 points. I will try to get to a computer today to update... or Apa can.

Question:

Shouldn't defenses be awarded 6 points for a block FG TD?
Both the 49ers and the Patriots weren't awarded any this week.

There are no points awarded for the block, but the according to the League Scoring Rules, every defense's TD should be awarded 6 points...

DeuceOfClub
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks, (no changes yet, btw)

Another dumb question: when I look at a player profile in the 2010 stats table: what, on earth, are columns 4 and 5 (Opp Rush \ Opp Pass)? anyone?

Bad Reflexes
10-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks, (no changes yet, btw)

Another dumb question: when I look at a player profile in the 2010 stats table: what, on earth, are columns 4 and 5 (Opp Rush \ Opp Pass)? anyone?

That is the "statistical" rank of the Opposing Defense that your dude is about to go up against (that week). I'm not sure what the criteria is for the rank (points/yards/combo).

So, if you're looking at your RB and the "Opp Rush" = 1... that's bad... but if it's say 30? Play that dude! :approve: Obviously, QB's, WR's & TE's would be interested in the "Opp Pass" number instead.

DeuceOfClub
10-06-2010, 06:27 AM
That is the "statistical" rank of the Opposing Defense that your dude is about to go up against (that week)....

Thanks.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks.

Nice defense there, Deuce ... I thought I had won the game until Wednesday evening.

Doggcow
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Whats with people not setting their lineups again? Last week like 3 people started byes/injured players!

It's friday now, I'd assume most of you guys would have pulled your monday injuries, etc :P

BroncoBuff
10-08-2010, 09:29 PM
BLOCKBUSTER!

Judean Peoples Front gets Tony Romo and Frank Gore
BMan's Republic of the Gridiron gets Drew Brees and Peyton Hillis

theAPAOps5
10-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Not until I approve it, and there has been some red flags raised......

theAPAOps5
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Just kidding its approved.

sutoazul
10-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey I tried to set up my pick for the survivor pool. For some reason I don't think the system took it.

underrated29
10-09-2010, 04:53 PM
bman got the better end of that deal.

Doggcow
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
My team got obliterated this week...

Bye Clayton and Addai :(

smalltowngrll
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Finally my Men in Tight Pants showed up! Sheesh, it's about time! Now, if Beanie wells would just get his act together, I might be unstoppable! ;)

underrated29
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
what a ****ty week for FF. Half the players got hurt this week. Half of the really good players did jack ****...what a weird week.

OK i am down by 3 points. And I have Randy Moss yet to play. Otherwise we are both already all in.

Come on Randy. I just need 40 yards for the win. or 30 yards and some catches, or a TD....you can do it!!!

Brett Favre, dont let me down now you horny bastage. You need to give randy moss the Jen Sterger treatment and show him lots and lots of balls.

missingnumber7
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
what a ****ty week for FF. Half the players got hurt this week. Half of the really good players did jack ****...what a weird week.

OK i am down by 3 points. And I have Randy Moss yet to play. Otherwise we are both already all in.

Come on Randy. I just need 40 yards for the win. or 30 yards and some catches, or a TD....you can do it!!!

Brett Favre, dont let me down now you horny bastage. You need to give randy moss the Jen Sterger treatment and show him lots and lots of balls.

Here's pulling for a big goose egg for Randy.

underrated29
10-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Here's pulling for a big goose egg for Randy.

hell man, you got lucky enough that peyton manning only put up like 8 points or whatever. There is no way lighting strikes me twice...*i unjinx my jinx*

Randy baby. How could it not work. Favre is randy, he likes sending his balls to people, randy is randy and he likes catching balls. Its a match made in heaven. I just need 40 yards is all....Sad thing is I cant watch the game tonight. There will be a 4 infront of that goose egg, for me ftw.

Doggcow
10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Brees is on the table.

God damnit Clayton.

sutoazul
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I started the Rams D thinking it was going to be a INT fest, but they got me -2 points!! while the Packers would have gotten me double digits points... and now they got one of their best player on D injured.
FML

underrated29
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
come on randy moss.

1 catch for 7 yards aint enough. We need 4 more catches for 23 yards, for the mutha fin win!!

bowtown
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I started the Rams D thinking it was going to be a INT fest, but they got me -2 points!! while the Packers would have gotten me double digits points... and now they got one of their best player on D injured.
FML

I did the same. Fortunately, I won it anyway. Thanks Crabtree!

underrated29
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Raaandy Mossssss is in da house ladies and gentleman!!!

Oooh yeah that feels good. Sorry missin-not trying to rub it in, just excited since my tv is out, all i can do is watch the stats tracker, at the same time watching madagascar 2 with my son.

Bad Reflexes
10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't think, in all my years of fantasy football... I've ever had a kicker make 5 field goals, in the same game... not once! Two of em did it this weekend! Why, do I never end up with THAT guy?!?!

Doggcow
10-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I don't think, in all my years of fantasy football... I've ever had a kicker make 5 field goals, in the same game... not once! Two of em did it this weekend! Why, do I never end up with THAT guy?!?!

I had Shayne graham that one time he did 7 lol... I was down like 17 too.

missingnumber7
10-12-2010, 07:41 AM
hell man, you got lucky enough that peyton manning only put up like 8 points or whatever. There is no way lighting strikes me twice...*i unjinx my jinx*

Randy baby. How could it not work. Favre is randy, he likes sending his balls to people, randy is randy and he likes catching balls. Its a match made in heaven. I just need 40 yards is all....Sad thing is I cant watch the game tonight. There will be a 4 infront of that goose egg, for me ftw.

How about having floyd on your bench? Oh wait, there was the Garcon injury, there is the Thomas injury...lucky has nothing to do with anything...its timing for when you play someone and then being lucky enough to have the right guys in the game. If I would've kept Lewis and flexed him like I was going to I would've won:(

underrated29
10-12-2010, 09:19 PM
dam doggcow...you made off with that deal.

Wallace is a stud, esp. now since big ben is back, and portis is done for. I read today he might not be healed as a redskin. Even then torian has outplayed him.

Nice move, i still hate you though.:approve:

theAPAOps5
10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
dam doggcow...you made off with that deal.

Wallace is a stud, esp. now since big ben is back, and portis is done for. I read today he might not be healed as a redskin. Even then torian has outplayed him.

Nice move, i still hate you though.:approve:

Yep I was shocked gave up what he did in that trade. So much so I waited to approve it thinking it was a mistake. I guess he has a plan though and Doggcow is easily influenced! :spit:

worm
10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Just one more piece in the airtight case that Dom is insane!

Bad Reflexes
10-13-2010, 01:33 AM
It's irrelevant this week... "I'm Thinkin RB's" is gonna get the **** kicked out of em!:militia: I'm gonna get him all caught up in the "points against" column, all at once!

Ya hear that Bro? Gonna put'cha at .500 where ya belong! :thumbs:

P.S. If your Running Backs continue to suck, go on IR, or are traded away (or... both). Are you going to take "bites" out of your roast beef sandwich? Cuz, that would be sweet!

HAT
10-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Bman / Apa

I have no idea why, but myffl is not letting me log in this morning. I've tried everything.

Here's my starting line-up for today's M/U with STG.

QB Tom Brady
RB Jahvid Best
RB Felix Jones
WR Andre Johnson
WR Jabar Gaffney
WR Johnny Knox
TE Zach Miller
K Rob Bironas
D Denver Broncos

Survivor pick: Houston

1:45 until kick-off so I'm hoping one of you guys sees this & can submit line-up for me via commish tools.

theAPAOps5
10-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Bman / Apa

I have no idea why, but myffl is not letting me log in this morning. I've tried everything.

Here's my starting line-up for today's M/U with STG.

QB Tom Brady
RB Jahvid Best
RB Felix Jones
WR Andre Johnson
WR Jabar Gaffney
WR Johnny Knox
TE Zach Miller
K Rob Bironas
D Denver Broncos

Survivor pick: Houston

1:45 until kick-off so I'm hoping one of you guys sees this & can submit line-up for me via commish tools.

Ok HAT you are all set. I double confirmed I set it up right but if there is an error we can adjust after the fact. I just wanted to state that here in case there is any question.

Good Luck,
Commish Nick

theAPAOps5
10-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Notice from Commissioners

If you ever need anything changed or have questions and you ask us here in the forum please give us your Team Name in the post. Some people have a different name then their forum name here so I have to try and dig to find a team.

It just makes it easier to get what you need corrected or done faster.

Thanks,
Nick

Doggcow
10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Santonio better not do **** this week. That'd be frustrating.

Doggcow
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
**** ME! Shoulda Takin Maclin off Dos Rios' hands.

I just didn't expect DeSean to get hurt :P

theAPAOps5
10-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Damn Doggcow you and your brother are in a dogfight and now Addai gets hurt again. That sucks but its been fun watching the scoreboard for your matchup!

theAPAOps5
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
They are saying DeSean is out until November with a severe concussion. That was a brutal hit.

Dos Rios
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
**** ME! Shoulda Takin Maclin off Dos Rios' hands.

I just didn't expect DeSean to get hurt :P

Appreciate that Doggcow. Actually the first week I had Maclin out of the lineup. And the last I'm thinking.

And thanks for nothing Hakeem Nicks.

Bad Reflexes
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Over the years you have chosen to REPEATEDLY bone me, using the most annoying player on my opponents roster... their KICKER!

Remember? O Great gods of Fantasy... How you allowed David Akers to beat me with MONSTER Monday Night Football games twice!?! Heartbreaking...

The St. Louis kicker who kicked 6 Field Goals on opening day... against both the Broncos AND my Fantasy team!?! So Brutal...

Neil Rackers 21 point extravaganza!?! "Common Man"...

And, all the while... my kickers are THE WORST! They might get to 5 points by half, then miss a 30 yarder & finish with 4?!?

But! Here's your chance! To right all the wrongs! Karmic-ally... I deserve to win... YOU KNOW THIS!!!

So, Common Fantasy Gods! Gimme Sum SCOBEE!!! FTW!!!_i_O_i_

Doggcow
10-18-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll be really ****ing pissed if I lose.

Especially since Dwayne Bowes last catch got him like 6 points for a 9yd catch.

MORE SO THAT ****ING TAMPA BAY WENT FOR 2 AND SAVED YOU LIKE WHAT 5 POINTS? FFS

Also toss like 5 points in for Ray Rice in OT, and Roddy getting soft coverage for the end of the game to get like an extra 5 points too :P

Bad Reflexes
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I'll be really ****ing pissed if I lose.

Especially since Dwayne Bowes last catch got him like 6 points for a 9yd catch.

MORE SO THAT ****ING TAMPA BAY WENT FOR 2 AND SAVED YOU LIKE WHAT 5 POINTS? FFS

Also toss like 5 points in for Ray Rice in OT, and Roddy getting soft coverage for the end of the game to get like an extra 5 points too :P
Yep... you're right... all those point's were "unfairly scored" on you...:oyvey: *sincker*

But, you left out the part where my #1 Stud went out in the second quarter, Leaving my QB with only Patrick Crayton and some dude named BUSTER to throw to!

You also forgot to mention that... for some reason... my team only scored 3 TD's total this week? (Less than half of my typical production!)

You are SO lucky! Somehow, your ridiculously easy schedule has even infected my team! I'm having my worst week of the season!:twitch:

Silver Lining?... Even on my worst week... I got a shot at beating you :thumbsup:

Scobee! Scobee! Scobee!

Mediator12
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Appreciate that Doggcow. Actually the first week I had Maclin out of the lineup. And the last I'm thinking.

And thanks for nothing Hakeem Nicks.

Seriously, Nicks has been a fantasy stud for a 7th rounder being 4th in WR points scored. Just remember how that 5-0-1 team was acquired. I gave you 3 top 10 WR's in Collie, Nicks, and Maclin. Not my fault you jettisoned Collie.... :welcome:

Doggcow
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Yep... you're right... all those point's were "unfairly scored" on you...:oyvey: *sincker*

But, you left out the part where my #1 Stud went out in the second quarter, Leaving my QB with only Patrick Crayton and some dude named BUSTER to throw to!

You also forgot to mention that... for some reason... my team only scored 3 TD's total this week? (Less than half of my typical production!)

You are SO lucky! Somehow, your ridiculously easy schedule has even infected my team! I'm having my worst week of the season!:twitch:

Silver Lining?... Even on my worst week... I got a shot at beating you :thumbsup:

Scobee! Scobee! Scobee!

All I hear is *cry* big brother.

Why make excuses? I lost my #1 WR last week. I lost Addai, and Cooley this week, and Kenny Britt was essentially injured in the first quarter when VY went out and Collins didn't throw a single pass his way. So injury excuses are lost on me. StL Was dominating your "Guaranteed 60 points a week" guys anyway. LOL

Not my fault Felix Jones outscored the #2 overall pick.

Bad Reflexes
10-19-2010, 01:07 AM
I always look forward to your "post game smack" lil bro... One of these days, your balls will drop, and you'll actually speak up... before the match is over...

Gonna have to wait till next year now though... cuz we both know what the "heads-up" record is in the playoffs! :thumbsup:

Doggcow
10-19-2010, 01:41 AM
I always look forward to your "post game smack" lil bro... One of these days, your balls will drop, and you'll actually speak up... before the match is over...

Gonna have to wait till next year now though... cuz we both know what the "heads-up" record is in the playoffs! :thumbsup:

Yeah, keep touting that victory when you beat me because Drew Brees, LT, and the rest of my team were sitting in week 16. You're just lucky you didn't have to play me last year or it would legitimately be 1-1.

I told you all week I was going to beat you.

I have a text on my phone still that says "It will be funny when I beat you this week."

Plus you have what, over a decade of experience on me? It took me a couple to get over the curve, but I got your number now!

Bad Reflexes
10-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah, keep touting that victory when you beat me because Drew Brees, LT, and the rest of my team were sitting in week 16. You're just lucky you didn't have to play me last year or it would legitimately be 1-1.
Woah... who's making excuses now?

I told you all week I was going to beat you.

I have a text on my phone still that says "It will be funny when I beat you this week."
Funny... the message on my phone says

"It would be funny IF I beat you this week since you've scored 200 more points than me"

Yep... that's what it actually says... mixed in among all the other pointless messages...

Pretty confident bro!

Doggcow
10-19-2010, 02:11 PM
I sat and looked at that trade for like 2 hours Duder.

I think it should work out for us!

Doggcow
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I like that trade a lot now.

Tony G will be so helpful!

Doggcow
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I think I need a knew Avatar now... Portis, Best, and Greene are gone! lol

Btw, McApa, is that the same team from like 3 weeks ago? It looks way ****ing good now! How did that happen? Austin Collie is "Elite" this year too. Steal. I thought I was getting lucky getting Mark Clayton instead of Collie!

Doggcow
10-19-2010, 06:40 PM
In Lieu of MoJo's soon appearance, I made this.

I can't upload it as avy though for some reason :(

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg209/scaled.php?tn=0&server=209&filename=rbsmojo.gif&xsize=640&ysize=640

theAPAOps5
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I think I need a knew Avatar now... Portis, Best, and Greene are gone! lol

Btw, McApa, is that the same team from like 3 weeks ago? It looks way ****ing good now! How did that happen? Austin Collie is "Elite" this year too. Steal. I thought I was getting lucky getting Mark Clayton instead of Collie!

They are getting better. It was a weird few weeks for Fantasy football to start the season. For my teams at least.

I will approve your trade soon, I have just been busy. But it will get done well before the weekend.

theAPAOps5
10-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Trade reviewed and processed.

Bad Reflexes
10-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Gonna put a disclaimer on this post... I'm not talking about anyone specifically nor am i asking that anything be altered this season... I'm totally content...

But... I can't freakin stand it when people don't set their line-ups! It drives me crazy! And, it almost always affects who makes the playoffs, directly or indirectly...

I would support an "abandonment policy". It would require even more effort from the league commissioner though.

Basically, if an owner has Obviously quit or is just too stupid to pay any attention... The Commissioner locks the team. At that point, the owner of the team forfeits any winnings... and the Commissioner simply sets the "highest projected" lineup every week. Commish doesn't make any trades or pickups though! If the roster doesn't have back-ups for every position it will take 0's for positions with no back-ups (if injuries occur or on bye weeks).

Just a thought... If someone has a better idea or if you think people not setting their lineup isn't a big deal... feel free to post your thoughts.

Believe me though, when you have to play a team at full strength... and then watch a guy ahead of you in the standings get (what amounts to) a bye week... it blows... and it happens all the time...

Bad Reflexes
10-20-2010, 04:23 AM
In Lieu of MoJo's soon appearance, I made this.

I can't upload it as avy though for some reason :(

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg209/scaled.php?tn=0&server=209&filename=rbsmojo.gif&xsize=640&ysize=640

Looks like MoJo & Greene are makin out... :twokisses

theAPAOps5
10-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Yes there appears to be some lineup issues. I don't know if people have just quit or what. There is one person I am particularly worried about and have tried contacting but to no avail.

I will talk to Bman and see what needs to occur if this continues for a few more weeks.

It is a valid point that people are benefiting from others not trying.

underrated29
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
In one of my leagues if someone is not taking care of their lineups this happens.:

1- get fined $25---probably not applicable in this league though
2- gets auto forfeit each week a proper roster is not set
3- opposing team has to beat the average pts scored of team who is not setting lineup. If not- they also lose
4- cant ever start someone on a bye- always have to have a full roster playing, or you get rules 1-3 applied.

now I dont know if anyone likes these rules, how applicable or how we could enforce them, but some more ideas on the subject.

**PS- And when the HELL are my Runningback going to get healthy!? This is killing me.

Mediator12
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes there appears to be some lineup issues. I don't know if people have just quit or what. There is one person I am particularly worried about and have tried contacting but to no avail.

I will talk to Bman and see what needs to occur if this continues for a few more weeks.

It is a valid point that people are benefiting from others not trying.

Yeah, it happens in the NFL too. Just Ask the NYJ's after INDY and CIN laid down last year and let them into the playoffs ;D

theAPAOps5
10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it happens in the NFL too. Just Ask the NYJ's after INDY and CIN laid down last year and let them into the playoffs ;D

I have never seen it happen in the middle of the season where teams lay down. I think that is the point of the issue! :)

Mediator12
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
I have never seen it happen in the middle of the season where teams lay down. I think that is the point of the issue! :)

Yes you have, we have all watched the raiders and chiefs the last few years ;D Then, we have DET and several others :thanku:

theAPAOps5
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Damn you and your logic!

Bad Reflexes
10-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately, changing things now would make things unfair to the the teams who haven't played the "bye week" team yet IMO. Short of "Retro Active" lineup changes (which would give at least 2 people losses they don't have right now).

I'm just brainstorming ideas for next season...

Dos Rios
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Seriously, Nicks has been a fantasy stud for a 7th rounder being 4th in WR points scored. Just remember how that 5-0-1 team was acquired. I gave you 3 top 10 WR's in Collie, Nicks, and Maclin. Not my fault you jettisoned Collie.... :welcome:

Indeed Med - the drafting was top notch. I'm still kicking myself over Collie. Who I should be pissed off at is Michael Bush - put him in ahead of Maclin this last week and end up tied with a guy who didn't play a roster. Friggin' Raiders.

Bad Reflexes
10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
The 10 Fantasy Commandments

1. Thou shalt not veto. If there is obvious collusion between two owners, then the commissioner (or league via veto) should not allow it. But other than that? Let it go. People should be allowed to coach their team and trade whoever they want, even if you think it's a really stupid rip-off trade. Negotiating a steal of a deal is part of fantasy skill and as long as both parties want to do the deal, you're a punk if you block it. Especially the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy.

2. Thou shalt play out the season. I don't care if you're 0-12. You make waiver claims and set your best possible lineup in Week 13. It matters to the rest of the league. Have fantasy pride. Quitting is for wimps and people with no moral fiber. You made a commitment, stick to it. Too many times I've heard of people in public leagues (it seems to happens less on ESPN than on other sites, thankfully) sign up for the league to practice drafting and then abandon the team. (This is why we offer free mock drafts and auctions). But even more than that, as teams get tough breaks or aren't winning, owners no longer play it out, leaving bye week and injured guy in their lineups and essentially handing their opponents crucial wins.

3. Thou shalt set your lineup every week Nothing is worse than seeing someone starting a lineup with guys on a bye and playing against a competitor you need to lose. Every game matters to everyone else in the league, so I don't care if your honeymoon is right smack in the middle of your season, you can't have a week off. If you know you're not gonna be able to play every week, then don't play at all. The Internet is everywhere. You can set your lineup six days in advance and you can access your ESPN Fantasy team from any mobile phone. If you have to, you can ask a friend or the league commish to set your best possible lineup for you. There is no excuse.

4. Thou shalt not talk about your team. No one cares about your team but you. If you meet me in public, sure, tell me, I get paid to listen to you. But other than that? Seriously, no one wants to hear you prattle on.

5. Thou shalt respond to trade offers. Dude, it's common courtesy. Just a simple "No thanks" is fine. Just let us know you got it but you're not interested.

5a. Thou shalt take no for an answer. A follow up to 5, if the person says no, then don't bombard them with a million other trade offers. One follow-up "Are you interested in talking trade at all?" or "is Player A at all available?" is allowed. But if they still say no, then let it be. Whether it's a girl or a trade, no means no. Period.

6. Thou shalt not bid on a player in an auction if you don't know who he is. If I throw out a player and someone says "Oooh, sleeper," you're not allowed to bid if you don't know who he is or why he's a sleeper. Do your own homework. Stop copying off my paper, jerk.

7. Thou shalt not abuse the waiver process. Don't continually pick guys up and then drop them, placing them on waivers, thus making them unavailable for two days to the rest of the league. Like I said in the first one. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy, coward. (For those who play on ESPN, that's not a problem; a player must be owned for 24 hours before he'll be put back out on waivers when dropped.)

8. Thou shalt not change the rules midseason. I don't care if it everyone's complaining or it seems unfair in Week 5. You play the rules that were set up at the start of season. Change at the start of next year. Take the job of commissioner seriously. Have a strong constitution at the start of the year and enforce it.

9. Thou shalt not say "Championship!" after drafting T.J. Houshmandzadeh. It's an old joke. We've heard it a million times. Let it go. (thanks to @US_LaticFanatic on Twitter for that one).

10. Thou shalt act like a normal, civilized human being. This is a catch-all for everything else. Act in fantasy how you would in real life. If you agree to a deal, you go through with it. Unless your word means nothing in real life too. Then you're just a horrible human being. Don't be an Internet tough-guy on e-mails or message boards. Smack talk is fine, but insulting or getting personal and saying things you'd never say to someone to their face? Save it, coward. Especially if you hide behind a fake screen name. Don't kick someone out of a league without telling them. Don't reneg on a bet or league fees you owe because the game or season didn't go the way you wanted. Don't abuse your power as commissioner. Don't offer a crappy trade you would never take if you were on the other side of it. Don't whine, bitch, complain or do anything that takes the fun out of the greatest game ever invented.

Those are my commandments. What are yours?

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I am 1,000 percent convinced that with this league structure, a QB should not be drafted until the 3rd round at the earliest.

Have you seen the QB points ranking? They're bunched closer than the RBs ... and remember you need TWO RBs activated, not just one like QB.

And have you seen the free agent pool for running backs? Damn, there's tumbleweeds blowing through that FA RB list. On the other hand, I picked up Mark Sanchez last week, no problem ... ferhevvinsake, the guy has the NINTH MOST POINTS of all QBs.

Doggcow
10-22-2010, 01:05 AM
I am 1,000 percent convinced that with this league structure, a QB should not be drafted until the 3rd round at the earliest.

Have you seen the QB points ranking? They're bunched closer than the RBs ... and remember you need TWO RBs activated, not just one like QB.

And have you seen the free agent pool for running backs? Damn, there's tumbleweeds blowing through that FA RB list. On the other hand, I picked up Mark Sanchez last week, no problem ... ferhevvinsake, the guy has the NINTH MOST POINTS of all QBs.

QB is deep this season yes. But I think the Elite QB's like Manning and Brees will separate themselves from the others by the end of the season.

Also, who wants to carry a backup QB on their roster when they could load up with RB's/WR's? You can't play Sanchez every week vs any defense like you can with Brees/Manning.

Doggcow
10-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Btw if we do something about CBF abandoning his team NOW, we need to go back and retroactively adjust his team as well... A la, Dos Rios LOST last week to him.

Bad Reflexes
10-22-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't think we should do anything this season... it is, what it is...

I think CBF will win at least 2 more weeks... lol

Doggcow
10-22-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't think we should do anything this season... it is, what it is...

I think CBF will win at least 2 more weeks... lol

Im just saying, it would be unfair if we change his lineup for him for the people that play in the future, if we dont go back and change the obvious sits...

Dos Rios
10-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Btw if we do something about CBF abandoning his team NOW, we need to go back and retroactively adjust his team as well... A la, Dos Rios LOST last week to him.

Um, no, I don't like that idea.

Still undefeated.

Dignity is overrated.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I want to clarify my comments about addressing team abandonment during the season.

We will not change that this year. That just creates a slippery slope. The only thing we change is cases where people point out scoring errors. For instance someone pointed out that blocked FG's returned for TD's wasn't scoring. That needed to be changed.

What we will do at the end of the season is go through and pull the feedback posted here and make a list. We will then ask for more opinions. Using that information we will tweak and improve for next year.

HAT
10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't get why people are complaining that someone 'abandoned' their team? I think it's awesome and wish more people would do it.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE: Judean Peoples' Front is now accepting bids for .... Eddie Royal.

A solid RB is the price.

Doggcow
10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Im glad Arian Foster is on a bye. I'd be so mad if I lost cuz he had one of his 50 pointers against me.

Mediator12
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Not really. It all depends on the difference in points between the tiers. I took Manning so high because I truly believe he would score 35 points per game in this league. Sanchez is scoring 20 points a game right now and varies by opponent. That is a huge difference in total value and the difference in winning a game most weeks.

What is important is getting consistent players who outperform their positions. Getting a Player like Manning will be a huge difference by the end of the year. Certainly better than the difference between the top RB draft picks this year. Heck, Frank Gore is 3 points behind Chris Johnson, and He is way behind Arian Foster at this point! It is all about value and I got a few great ones. I just missed on some excellent players I should have drafted earlier since Mock went on WR autodraft!

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Med, I agree with you on a 1-to-1 basis, but TWO running backs are activated, minimum. That literally doubles the demand, triples the demand actually, cause you need enough RBs to maybe activate three. To see the difference, just look at me ... I have Romo and Sanchez, numbers 6 and 10 in QB points. I didn't draft either one. And my team sucks ... all my guys are good, but my RBs suck, and there's nothing I can do about it. I traded Drew Brees to get Frank Gore, but still I'm staring Justin Forsett Sunday.

And that's my point, supply and demand, QBs are plentiful, and they score more too: 11 of the top 20, and 14 of the top 30 scorers are QBs (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/top?L=12936&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=60&YEAR=2010&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=6&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=*&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*), so it's pretty easy to get a good one. Right now Vince Young, Sam Bradford, David Garrard and Chad Henne are available, but for RBs you have Derrick Ward, Kenneth Darby and Christopher Ivory. Good luck with that.

Clearly Peyton Manning is an exception, as are Rivers, Rodgers and Brees. But if you take one, I think you should pull out your RB sheet for a few rounds.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
As long as I'm on my soapbox, here's the scoring system we used in the KOA league back in 84 and 85. I'm not saying it's better, but it is simpler:

RBs, WRs, TEs: 1 point per 10 yards, 20 minimum, eg 85 yds = 8 pts, 133 = 13. TD = 6.
QBs: 1 point every 25 yds passing, 50 minimum. e.g. 125-149 = 5 pts, 200-224 = 8 pts, 325-349 = 13 points. TD pass = 4, Int = minus-4.
Kicker FG 0-39 = 3 pts, 40-49 = 4 pts, 50-59 = 5 points, 60+ = 10 points. XP = 1
Defensive (player): 1 point each tackle, 5 points for each sack or interception.

Now that's easy cipherin' ... droppin names, Chris Fowler, Jeff Kingery and stupid Les Shapiro were owners.

Bad Reflexes
10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Med, I agree with you on a 1-to-1 basis, but TWO running backs are activated, minimum. That literally doubles the demand, triples the demand actually, cause you need enough RBs to maybe activate three. To see the difference, just look at me ... I have Romo and Sanchez, numbers 6 and 10 in QB points. I didn't draft either one. And my team sucks ... all my guys are good, but my RBs suck, and there's nothing I can do about it. I traded Drew Brees to get Frank Gore, but still I'm staring Justin Forsett Sunday.

And that's my point, supply and demand, QBs are plentiful, and they score more too: 11 of the top 20, and 14 of the top 30 scorers are QBs (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/top?L=12936&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=60&YEAR=2010&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=6&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=*&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*), so it's pretty easy to get a good one. Right now Vince Young, Sam Bradford, David Garrard and Chad Henne are available, but for RBs you have Derrick Ward, Kenneth Darby and Christopher Ivory. Good luck with that.

Clearly Peyton Manning is an exception, as are Rivers, Rodgers and Brees. But if you take one, I think you should pull out your RB sheet for a few rounds.
IMO... No QB with the potential for 30+ TD's should slip through the 2nd round. These will be the highest scoring players in fantasy, regardless of scoring system. After the Top 5-6 though, yeah... they're a dime a dozen.

You can draft all the RB's you want... doesn't mean they'll be good... look at some of the RB choices (over top end QB's) Rice & MoJo over Manning, Brees & Rodgers... SJax, Matthews, Greene, Charles... Over Rivers? Oops... Your talking about an extra 15-20 points every week out of those QB's!

I try to get the best quality out of each draft pick... High end QB's significantly improve your teams scoring consistency. More than any other position.

The key is choosing wisely, when you draft your RB's... not just grabbing a bunch early... :thumbsup:

Every year several (10+ at least) RB's drafted in later rounds or taken off waivers, become quality starters (Mcfadden, Lynch, Hillis, BGE, Torrain, LT, F.Jones, Tolbert... come to mind, so far... there will be more). Not to mention all the mid-round super studs (Foster, McCoy, Forte, Bradshaw, Best...)

Most years, maybe 1 or 2 sleeper #1 QB's emerge (Vick? & Orton). The rest will have ok weeks, here and there, but will probably suck if you actually play em...

Mediator12
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Yes, you need 2 RB's but if you get 2 solid RB's and an Elite WR after getting the QB then you can really put together an elite team. In this league, Antonio Gates has more points than any WR, so his value as a TE is even more than any RB IMHO. RB's usually are not the high point scorers in this league either, its weighted to help QB's and TE's.

So, I believe you can put together a team in several different ways. It all depends on those players performing though.

Right now, only a few first rounders have been worth their draft slot. Really only Gore and Manning in our league have been outstanding value picks. Adrian Foster was the steal of the second round, Gates the third round, and McCoy the fourth, and Forte the fifth.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Not trying to :deadhorse , but here's more ammo for my side:

The top 5 point-scoring free agents are all QBs, 6 of the top 10.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8277/12985413.jpg

There is a glaring lack of demand for the position.

Unless you get Manning/Brees/Rivers/Brady, wait. I'd actually say 4th round at the earliest.

Bad Reflexes
10-23-2010, 03:13 PM

Unless you get Manning/Brees/Rivers/Brady, wait. I'd actually say 4th round at the earliest.
I actually think we're all kinda saying the same thing...

I plan out my drafts... I go after the QB's I want in the Round(s) that I value them. I can say for fact that had I missed out on Rivers, I would have taken Matt Ryan in the 5th Round. Maybe next year I like Stafford in the 3rd round cuz I'm targeting Megatron in the 2nd... who knows year to year. (yeah... I dig QB/WR combos ;))

"Draft Position" dictates who I'm going to draft, and where, more than the "Round".

HAT
10-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Not trying to :deadhorse , but here's more ammo for my side:

The top 5 point-scoring free agents are all QBs, 6 of the top 10.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8277/12985413.jpg

Thanks for the advice.....Get back to me when you hit .500

HAT
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Im glad Arian Foster is on a bye. I'd be so mad if I lost cuz he had one of his 50 pointers against me.

What if he scores zero and you still lost? Hilarious!

Doggcow
10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
What if he scores zero and you still lost? Hilarious!

Yeah thats what I get for starting the Broncos, and Matt Ryan having a career day.

Go figure.

I'd much rather lose to him than anyone else though, as I will still take my division, and it doesn't cost me a tiebreaker.

HAT
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah thats what I get for starting the Broncos, and Matt Ryan having a career day.

Go figure.

I'd much rather lose to him than anyone else though, as I will still take my division, and it doesn't cost me a tiebreaker.

I'm just giving you **** bro...Sucks that you had monster days out of your RB's in this pass heavy league and went down. I played Denver's D last week just b/c I thought Sanchito was due for a few picks and came very, very close to keeping them this week b/c it was the fade. Probably would have if anybody already had the 'Skins. Pure luck.

Doggcow
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm just giving you **** bro...Sucks that you had monster days out of your RB's in this pass heavy league and went down. I played Denver's D last week just b/c I thought Sanchito was due for a few picks and came very, very close to keeping them this week b/c it was the fade. Probably would have if anybody already had the 'Skins. Pure luck.

Well I was the ****ing moron that started Drew Brees and his -20pts vs Cleveland, oh and Marques Colston caught his first TD of the season... lol

It was an all around **** day for me. I dropped Kenny Britt for Denver D too :D

missingnumber7
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Well I was the ****ing moron that started Drew Brees and his -20pts vs Cleveland, oh and Marques Colston caught his first TD of the season... lol

I started Cutler, and I had both Cassel and Palmer on my bench...Cassel had 28 points, Palmer had 51...Cutler -3 and I'm still winning.

Doggcow
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I started Cutler, and I had both Cassel and Palmer on my bench...Cassel had 28 points, Palmer had 51...Cutler -3 and I'm still winning.

You also got to play against a Bronco...

So point is moot.

DeuceOfClub
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
My bench just scored 107 points...
My poor selections cost me last 2 weeks, hopefully it won't tonight.

BTW, this is only the 2nd time a bench scores over 100 points mak

underrated29
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
, as I will still take my division, and it doesn't cost me a tiebreaker.

Still take your division. Dude, you are tied for first at 4-3. I am one game behind the both of you at 3-3 and my entire freaking team has been hurt. You have only scored 2 more points than me all year and less then the guy you are tied with.

I wouldnt get that cocky esp. since I own the tie breaker over you.;) and my team is going to be getting healthy sooner rather than later.

theAPAOps5
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Oh man I saw the results and I shed a tear for you. You had a McD type day in Fantasy Football!

Bad Reflexes
10-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm rapidly developing man-crushes on all three of my WR's... they've been fantastic!

It lessens my "Rice/Bradshaw" headache... (aka The NO Touchdown Twinz:unamused:)

Doggcow
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh man I saw the results and I shed a tear for you. You had a McD type day in Fantasy Football!

It was a very terrible day, really nothing positive came out of it.

Other than TJones and MJD looking good though, and Wallace is a stud, so the future looks bright, as long as Brees stops being a ****head.

Bad Reflexes
10-26-2010, 05:26 AM
A week as... riddled with irony, as this one... deserves a nice long rant! So, where to begin...

The "Sooth Sayer"

After 'BroncoBuff' Pronounces the QB position "Less important than the RB position" there is an NFL wide SucKy-NeSs displayed by virtually every "Tier 1 & Tier 2" QB (except those on a bye). Meanwhile, RB's, WR's & 3rd tier QB's explode across the boards with GIGANTIC weeks!

I mean seriously! How can 'BroncoBuff' possibly prove his point better than this week?!? Well? call it fate... call it karma... call it, Michael Boley ripping through the Cowboys O-Line... But, 'The Judean Peoples' Front' might be playing some those wonderful Free Agent QB's he was so highly touting! We'll see how that goes...

The "Egg Counter"
(Sorry bro, I gotta do this cuz it is just too funny! If it makes you feel any better... it's the first bad "fantasy football" decision I've seen you make in 5 years! Which actually makes it even funnier!)

Now... You think I'm going to make fun of the loss to a team starting it's best player, on a bye. With a starting WR that's been out for a month. Leaving only, seven fairly mediocre players remaining...

And... that is pretty funny... But, it's not ROFLMAO funny! We have to back up a few more days, for the REALLY AMAZING STUFF!!!

Now, I've seen I guy pick up and play a defense that scored -10 before (Bengals vs. Cleveland)... but he dropped a defense to pick up that D...

'DoggCow' went *ahem* a different way...

I have to point this out because: 1) you've probably never seen it! And, 2) None of us will probably ever see it again! (It's the "Hailey's Comet of Fantasy"!)
I'm Thinkin RB's Waiver
* acquired Broncos, Denver DEN Def
* dropped Britt, Kenny TEN WR
Tue Oct 19 6:00:16 a.m. PT 2010
Kenny Britt (we all know) scored 55 points in this league and was the #1 Highest Scoring Player in Week 7!

The Broncos D/ST (we all know) scored -7 points in this league and was the #1 Lowest Scoring Player in Week 7!

I would argue that... We will never see a Waiver Claim, as Galacticly Retarded... as the one we have just witnessed...

Now that's ! Hilarious! Funny!

(I do believe, however... defeating me on Monday night last week, made my bro "So Happy", that his brain overdosed on endorphins or serotonin or something... causing him to be "Temporarily Insane".)

The "Agony of Defeat"
Demaryus Thomas... say it isn't so...

(This only reinforces my belief that "having players from the team you love, on your fantasy team, can suck a lot! Because, it's twice as bad! Where as... when Rivers & Gates do poorly, and the Doltz lose... I'm pretty ok with it (and vice/versa). I have weird quirks though)

Um, no, I don't like that idea.

Still undefeated.

Dignity is overrated.
Hypothetically speaking... had Hakeem Nicks caught 1 more pass for 2 yards... He would have finished the game with 10 receptions for 110 yards (Instead of 9 for 108)... which would have given you +4 points (+3 for 10+ receptions and +1 for the yardage).

I won by 3...

KARMA BABY!!!!

DeuceOfClub
10-26-2010, 06:21 AM
And then there were two...
Only two of us left in the survivor poll. (even after Bman's pick "mysteriously" changed from Denver to Dallas sometime on Sunday night...)

Broncoman13
10-26-2010, 08:02 AM
And then there were two...
Only two of us left in the survivor poll. (even after Bman's pick "mysteriously" changed from Denver to Dallas sometime on Sunday night...)

I had issues making my survivor pick and had to leave early Sunday Morning for a Basketball Tournament. I sent Nick the email Sunday Morning, can forward to everyone if you'd like. In hindsight, I should have taken the Chefs as they were playing the Jagwads. Oh well.

Lots of close matchups this week. I am surprised by some of the moves and how competitive CBF1 and Mock's teams were despite not having some of their top players in. Mock puts Nicks in and everyone has to watch out for that team!

Feeling kind of bad for BroncoBuff. I think he would have beaten me by 10 had Romo not been injured. Nice getting a 21 point game from Witten. Hopefully he can continue to be consistent with Kitna using him as his safety valve! Tough break Buff, but now you get to test your theory regarding QBs!

Doggcow
10-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Benched Brees for Fitzpatrick this week. Woop woop!

HAT
10-30-2010, 01:08 PM
lol B'man...Welker again? That's the 3rd time you offered him up in a trade proposal and I have zero interest in him. (And even if I did, there's no way in hell I'd give up AJ for just Welk and Fred Jackson!)

I'm not opposed to trading AJ (after this week), but it needs to be mutually beneficial at least. ^5

Broncoman13
10-30-2010, 01:13 PM
lol B'man...Welker again? That's the 3rd time you offered him up in a trade proposal and I have zero interest in him. (And even if I did, there's no way in hell I'd give up AJ for just Welk and Fred Jackson!)

I'm not opposed to trading AJ (after this week), but it needs to be mutually beneficial at least. ^5

Reggie Wayne, Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson or Wes Welker.

Welker gets the most looks and is probably the 2nd most reliable receiver behind Wayne in terms of getting consistent opportunities.

Doggcow
10-30-2010, 01:23 PM

Welker gets the most looks and is probably the 2nd most reliable receiver behind Wayne in terms of getting consistent opportunities.

Wayne, Megatron... Easy...

Doggcow
10-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Btw, Fitz to Evans will be a duo of legend.

Watch.

HAT
10-30-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm not really a fan of the QB/WR double dip on the same roster. I only picked up Branch as a just in case / flex / bye week kind of guy. Same for Woodhead. I don't need any more Patriots.

I can't trade AJ this week anyway with Maclin & Knox on byes. I've actually got Maclin offered up in a trade to Worm as of a few minutes ago. If he accepts, AJ becomes untouchable.

If not, I'm willing to deal either one of them next week, but not both. Let's see how this weekend goes.

BroncoBuff
10-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the advice.....Get back to me when you hit .500

Ouch! And on my birthday!

HAT
10-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Ouch! And on my birthday!

Actually, it was from a week ago!

Happy Birthday 'Buff!

BroncoBuff
10-30-2010, 02:47 PM
After 'BroncoBuff' Pronounces the QB position "Less important than the RB position" there is an NFL wide SucKy-NeSs displayed by virtually every "Tier 1 & Tier 2" QB (except those on a bye). Meanwhile, RB's, WR's & 3rd tier QB's explode across the boards with GIGANTIC weeks!

Can't imagine you don't appreciate what I'm saying, the logic is y points ???

It's simple supply and demand. Like I said, I picked up the 8th highest QB scorer off waivers two weeks ago! Good luck finding a running back in the top 40. Nothing proves my point more than that.

Besides, I made an exception for top tier QBs.

Doggcow
10-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Can't imagine you don't appreciate what I'm saying, the logic is y points ???

It's simple supply and demand. Like I said, I picked up the 8th highest QB scorer off waivers two weeks ago! Good luck finding a running back in the top 40. Nothing proves my point more than that.

Besides, I made an exception for top tier QBs.

For the record, I fully expect QB's to start lighting it up quite a bit more with the devastating hits rule in effect. Look at Flacco getting mad points from Buffalo pulling up on 2 TD tosses?

sutoazul
10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm starting Orton, benching Rodgers against the Jets. He & the Broncos better show up tomorrow!!

Doggcow
10-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm starting Orton, benching Rodgers against the Jets. He & the Broncos better show up tomorrow!!

Trying to show me up?

Doggcow
10-31-2010, 03:14 PM
ROFL My defense gets pulverized every week...

DeuceOfClub
11-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Finally .500

sutoazul
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Trying to show me up?

I did, didn't I? j/k

I hope the Packers D can play better from here on out.

phillybroncosnut
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
You fuggers in my league need to start trading.... I have offers to a bunch of you and got nothing! Im not offer BS for studs either,.... giving studs for semi studs or studs straight up for studs.... Go check your trades. Oh yea, if you dont like my offer you can always counter my trade offer. Lets go boys, get moving!

missingnumber7
11-07-2010, 12:09 PM
You fuggers in my league need to start trading.... I have offers to a bunch of you and got nothing! Im not offer BS for studs either,.... giving studs for semi studs or studs straight up for studs.... Go check your trades. Oh yea, if you dont like my offer you can always counter my trade offer. Lets go boys, get moving!

Really you thing I'm going to give you Gore??? The only dependable) I have for lynch. A) that I traded to you before I was going to waive him...ha.

phillybroncosnut
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Really you thing I'm going to give you Gore??? The only dependable) I have for lynch. A) that I traded to you before I was going to waive him...ha.

Really dude? really? I offered you Lynch straight up for Gore? Fuggin tool bag..... You forgot to mention that Austin Miles, along with other were in the offer. It was basically 3 or 4 for 1. Hope Gore carries ya chief

And big deal that you were waiving Lynch.... I trade Cutler for Lynch. Do you think Cutler was a huge loss for me when I have Ben and Vick? Seriously? Mmmmm Kay. I basically took a flier on Lynch cause he was going to seattle. Low risk and hoped for high rewards.... if it happens, awesome. If not, not really a big deal.

Bad Reflexes
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Match of the Year going on right now between Floridian Broncos and Dos Rios' SodBusters!

Get him Floridian! I'm rootin for ya!:thumbs:

Doggcow
11-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Really dude? really? I offered you Lynch straight up for Gore? Fuggin tool bag..... You forgot to mention that Austin Miles, along with other were in the offer. It was basically 3 or 4 for 1. Hope Gore carries ya chief

And big deal that you were waiving Lynch.... I trade Cutler for Lynch. Do you think Cutler was a huge loss for me when I have Ben and Vick? Seriously? Mmmmm Kay. I basically took a flier on Lynch cause he was going to seattle. Low risk and hoped for high rewards.... if it happens, awesome. If not, not really a big deal.

Lol... I love this guy.

He's offering us his bench so he can get our top players...

He tried to offer me Marshawn (Worthless), Torain (Injured, and news Portis may be otw back), and Fitzgerald (That's a good situation... lol, I have solid WR's anyway... Not to mention you can waiver a guy like Mike Williams and outscore fitz, like I did.)

For Mojo (Straight Cash Homie), I think he even wanted some other players of mine... I wouldn't have taken the trade for JUST Mojo, ROFL. Why would I want 2 mediocre bench RB's when I could keep Mojo, and have Addai/TJones to rotate in the 2/flex spot (Both of which are probably better options down the stretch than Torain/Marshawn...

worm
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I think you took me down this week Arkie. Carson and Co just need to put on a good show tonight.

phillybroncosnut
11-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Lol... I love this guy.

He tried to offer me Marshawn (Worthless), Torain (Injured, and news Portis may be otw back), and Fitzgerald (That's a good situation... lol, I have solid WR's anyway... Not to mention you can waiver a guy like Mike Williams and outscore fitz, like I did.)

For Mojo (Straight Cash Homie), I think he even wanted some other players of mine... I wouldn't have taken the trade for JUST Mojo, ROFL. Why would I want 2 mediocre bench RB's when I could keep Mojo, and have Addai/TJones to rotate in the 2/flex spot (Both of which are probably better options down the stretch than Torain/Marshawn...

Its called a counter dickbag...... If you dont like it, try countering, or just dont accept. Ive never been a part of a league that makes ZERO trades. ZERO!!!!!
If you wanna roll with MJD, go for it. You coulda said alright, if Im giving up MJD, you gotta give up Chris Johnson. If you did that then cool. At least ur trying. Instead, you're hanging on to a #2 RB at best and are gonna crumble in the playoffs just like I am. I'm short 1 RB. I have CJ and a stack of WR's a QB's. No one is winning the ultimate prize in my conference because no one is trying. They are all hanging on to their drafted team.
At least ppl trade in the other league. News flash to my league. I guarantee not ONE trade was made in the other conference on the orginal offer. One team made an offer, the other team countered and a deal was made. Its called a negotiation.

Now kiss me, and tell me that you love me

God damn filter..... Just spell out the following capitals.... N. OaW BiLuOmW MuE

phillybroncosnut
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Lol... I love this guy.

What did you expect... CJ for MJD? If you really thing that Portis is gonna get the starting job back you need some serious homework kid. Unless Torain is injured (which he always seems to be) CP will not start in Wash again. Its fine. I woulda giving you Torain, Austin Miles and Bolding or Fitz for MJD if you wanted. Thats why you counter dumbass. Are you telling me if I gave you Torain, Lynch and 2 of the following 3 WRs, Miles austin, A Boldin or L Fitz for MJD and all scrap pieces, you wouldnt do that deal? Make me that offer now, and Ill do it. Is that an unfair trade? You're a jacka$$ if you think it is. One player for 2 1?2 to 3 or 4 starters? Really?
Did I know Beanie was gonna get shutout this week? No. I made the offer to you a week agon, just like everyone else. If beanie went for 210 and 3 TDs you woulda jumped on that trade and called me a sucker. You're a hindsite b! Tch..... Waited till the week was over till you passed your judgement. You are so weak man

phillybroncosnut
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Bman.... Next year, instead of Omane and Neck pony Conferences, make the confernces "Men that negotiate" and "Pu$$ies who cant make a decision"

Bad Reflexes
11-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Its called a counter dickbag...... If you dont like it, try countering, or just dont accept. Ive never been a part of a league that makes ZERO trades. ZERO!!!!!
I made a trade with ApaOps? So... not ZERO!!!!!
If you wanna roll with MJD, go for it. You coulda said alright, if Im giving up MJD, you gotta give up Chris Johnson. If you did that then cool. At least ur trying. Instead, you're hanging on to a #2 RB at best and are gonna crumble in the playoffs just like I am. I'm short 1 RB. I have CJ and a stack of WR's a QB's.
What if he actually likes MJD? What if he looked at MJD's crazy sexy playoff schedule and thinks the guy will score top 5 numbers when it counts? (I do)...

Your offers are "weak sauce" bro! Nobody is gonna trade studs (yes MJD=Stud... not a #2RB) for your garbage! I'd want to trade an "oft injured" Torrain, No QB havin' Fitzgerald & Romo'less Austin if I were you too! But, they don't have much value anymore, aside from their names.

Remember when you offered me Justin Forsett for Dallas Clark in week 1?... I did send you a counter offer. It was "LOL"!
No one is winning the ultimate prize in my conference because no one is trying. They are all hanging on to their drafted team.
Ahem... I drafted a pretty good team. Dos Rios drafted a pretty good team, and so did Floridian Bronco! Any of us could EASILY win this thing! As long as we're not dumb enough to trade with YOU!
At least ppl trade in the other league. News flash to my league. I guarantee not ONE trade was made in the other conference on the orginal offer. One team made an offer, the other team countered and a deal was made. Its called a negotiation.
I made ApaOps an offer... He accepted...

you're wrong again!Hilarious!

Now kiss me, and tell me that you love me

God damn filter..... Just spell out the following capitals.... N. OaW BiLuOmW MuE
160 to 46 this week...

I luv'd you up "prison style" :wiggle:

missingnumber7
11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Bman.... Next year, instead of Omane and Neck pony Conferences, make the confernces "Men that negotiate" and "Pu$$ies who cant make a decision"

Seriously...why don't you whine about it a little more. Maybe we are all happy with the team we have. I have never played in a league where the same player sends you weak trade offers every other week. I don't respond to offers i get on Saturday night at 5:41 pm because there ain't enough time to counter and figure out something else. Basically it was your shot to do better than a 46 and it flopped on you.

And Rapist, Lynch Torain, and Austin for Cutler, Gore, Thomas, and Bess is aboslutely a joke and that dont matter if Thomas doesn't play for another three weeks. Gore outscores 3 of those 4 every week on his own.

Broncoman13
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Personally, I would be doing everything I could to get rid of Gore right now... playoff schedule is brutal!

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I made a trade with ApaOps? So... not ZERO!!!!!

What if he actually likes MJD? What if he looked at MJD's crazy sexy playoff schedule and thinks the guy will score top 5 numbers when it counts? (I do)...

Your offers are "weak sauce" bro! Nobody is gonna trade studs (yes MJD=Stud... not a #2RB) for your garbage! I'd want to trade an "oft injured" Torrain, No QB havin' Fitzgerald & Romo'less Austin if I were you too! But, they don't have much value anymore, aside from their names.

Remember when you offered me Justin Forsett for Dallas Clark in week 1?... I did send you a counter offer. It was "LOL"!

Ahem... I drafted a pretty good team. Dos Rios drafted a pretty good team, and so did Floridian Bronco! Any of us could EASILY win this thing! As long as we're not dumb enough to trade with YOU!

I made ApaOps an offer... He accepted...

you're wrong again!Hilarious!

160 to 46 this week...

I luv'd you up "prison style" :wiggle:

Geez.... man... all I was saying is a little negotiation or , no thank you works. Yea, I offered you Forsett before the season for Clark. You had 3 TE's and Forsett was a starting RB. If we knew then what we know now...... although, Forsett will outscore Clark now.

2 outta the last 3 weeks Torain had over a 100 yards and 2 TDs. Miles and Boldin are top 20 WR's. Lynch is an after thought. If offering Torain and 2 top 20 WRs is garbage, I guess Im offering garbage then. My bad.
This week was the week I was losing to anyone anyway. CJ and Torain on a bye and started the wrong QB. It happens

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Seriously...why don't you whine about it a little more. Maybe we are all happy with the team we have. I have never played in a league where the same player sends you weak trade offers every other week. I don't respond to offers i get on Saturday night at 5:41 pm because there ain't enough time to counter and figure out something else. Basically it was your shot to do better than a 46 and it flopped on you.

And Rapist, Lynch Torain, and Austin for Cutler, Gore, Thomas, and Bess is aboslutely a joke and that dont matter if Thomas doesn't play for another three weeks. Gore outscores 3 of those 4 every week on his own.

Relax bro.... Im messing around. It was a joke. Just a lil friendly ribbing.

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Honestly, I woulda giving you all 4 for just Gore. But, I figured Id take the scrap pieces youd have to drop.

So, Ben, Lynch, Torain and Miles austin for just Gore? You interested? Or is that me offering garbage for studs still? If you dont want Lynch, Ill keep him and give you the other 3.

theAPAOps5
11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I have negotiated with Philly and he will work with you. I agree you shouldn't just say no, counter offer. I traded some trade negotiations with Philly and at the end I just didn't feel right about pulling the trigger.

Doggcow
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Did I know Beanie was gonna get shutout this week? No. I made the offer to you a week agon, just like everyone else. If beanie went for 210 and 3 TDs you woulda jumped on that trade and called me a sucker. You're a hindsite b! Tch..... Waited till the week was over till you passed your judgement. You are so weak man

Actually we all knew beanie sucked, that's why noone traded for him. Obviously. Lol.

Much like my proclamation early in the season that OpThomas Prime and Sims-Walker were way inflated...

missingnumber7
11-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Honestly, I woulda giving you all 4 for just Gore. But, I figured Id take the scrap pieces youd have to drop.

So, Ben, Lynch, Torain and Miles austin for just Gore? You interested? Or is that me offering garbage for studs still? If you dont want Lynch, Ill keep him and give you the other 3.

If gore wasn't the only guy scoring points for me on a regular basis right now i might consider.

phillybroncosnut
11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
OK..... I just wanted to prove that I dont offer slop for studs. That it all. Im pretty sure those 4 players outscore 1 guy every week. Just saying

Doggcow
11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
OK..... I just wanted to prove that I dont offer slop for studs. That it all. Im pretty sure those 4 players outscore 1 guy every week. Just saying

I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 guys on my bench outscore CJ every week too. Lets get the deal done!

phillybroncosnut
11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 guys on my bench outscore CJ every week too. Lets get the deal done!

Offer something..... No one on my team is ever untouchable

Doggcow
11-11-2010, 05:36 PM
So CBF is 4-4-1 now, 2nd in my division.

He'd be set to make the playoff if he just came back now... lol

Arian Foster is a beast.

Broncoman13
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM

Arian Foster is a beast.

Had be been playing starters every week it looks like he could have been about 7-2 right now!

Too bad he decided after the first week didn't go his way to back out. I don't think CBF1 could be a coach in the NFL. Can't get too high or too low!

phillybroncosnut
11-11-2010, 06:05 PM

Arian Foster is a beast.

So..... Lets say he came back.... I say he should be stripped of all ownership at this point. I know he paid and all but he also abandoned his team with starters on bye weeks which has made a big difference in the standings.

Might wanna think about this before it happens Bman

Broncoman13
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
So..... Lets say he came back.... I say he should be stripped of all ownership at this point. I know he paid and all but he also abandoned his team with starters on bye weeks which has made a big difference in the standings.

Might wanna think about this before it happens Bman

Nah, he wants to come back he can come back. I would expect everybody to give him a ration of shiat each and every day, but he did pay his dues just like everyone else. I'm more worried about Mock anyhow!

Doggcow
11-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Nah, he wants to come back he can come back. I would expect everybody to give him a ration of shiat each and every day, but he did pay his dues just like everyone else. I'm more worried about Mock anyhow!

Agree, he paid, he can neglect or cherish his team all he likes.

Doggcow
11-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Offer something..... No one on my team is ever untouchable

I looked and tbh, I don't really like anything on your team much better than any of my starters. I also like my bench so I don't really think our teams are compatible right now.

phillybroncosnut
11-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I looked and tbh, I don't really like anything on your team much better than any of my starters. I also like my bench so I don't really think our teams are compatible right now.

Thought you wanted CJ... Maybe not

phillybroncosnut
11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow... Im glad Vick is viewed as garbage.... I woulda moved him.... still would. anyone?

Doggcow
11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Thought you wanted CJ... Maybe not

No, because it'll cost me more points in starters to their replacements than he will produce for me. CJ is ok, but not unstoppable like last year.

And Michael Vick will never have that game again in his career lol.

Broncoman13
11-16-2010, 06:47 AM
No, because it'll cost me more points in starters to their replacements than he will produce for me. CJ is ok, but not unstoppable like last year.

And Michael Vick will never have that game again in his career lol.

Yeah, I think he'll have plenty of 300 yard games with 3 or 4 total TDs, but another game like that... no way!

How funny was it to see Landry and DeSean Jackson talking shiat to each other 10 minutes before the game and then watch DeSean toast him for 88 yards on the opening play. Makes the day Champ had on DeSean all the more impressive, that guy can play!

Doggcow
11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
btw I wasn't bashing Vick. IMO After last night he is the best fantasy QB in the league bar none.

phillybroncosnut
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
btw I wasn't bashing Vick. IMO After last night he is the best fantasy QB in the league bar none.

Wasnt saying you.... Just was a comment for those who said I offered garbage. if you said it then I guess it was towards you.
Vick wont don 78 again buut on avg, there isnt a QB close to him in points. He has 228 points in only 5 starts (really 226 points).... He had 2pts in the game he got hurt in the first quarter.
55 points per start.

Bad Reflexes
11-17-2010, 03:47 AM
In celebration of our Glorious Division... Here are our H2H Match-ups this season (so far).

Week 1

Philly's Used Jock Straps -defeats- <--"Your Points Against"
161 points (1st) -to- 135 points (3rd)

Dos Rios' SodBusters -defeats- Floridian Broncos
107 points (5th) -to- (N/A)

Week 4

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Floridian Broncos
182 points (1st) -to- 139 points (2nd)

Dos Rios' SodBusters -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
128 points (4th) -to- (N/A)

Week 7

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Dos Rios' SodBusters
147 points (1st) -to- 144 points (2nd)

Floridian Broncos -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
128 points (T3rd) -to- (N/A)

Week 9

Floridian Broncos -defeats- Dos Rios' SodBusters
196 points (1st) -to- 170 points (2nd)

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
160 points (3rd) -to- (N/A)

- There have been Zero sweeps thus far!
- The highest scoring team in the conference, has come from The Davis Division, 8 out of 10 weeks!
- Not amazingly, we also have the Top 4 teams, in terms of scoring, in the conference.:thumbs:
- In fact, The Davis Division has over 1,100 more combined points... than either of the other two divisions! That's like another team! And a pretty good one, at that!

- Floridian Broncos, will make the playoffs... As long as the rules allow all three "wild card" teams, to be from the same division. :contract:
- Philly's Used Jock Straps, had his worst 3 weeks against divisional opponents... He also had one of his best weeks against a divisional opponent. :unamused:
- Dos Rios' SodBusters, scored the 2nd most points in the Conference... both times he lost. :crazy:
- Through the Bye weeks... <--"Your Points Against", currently rosters the #1 Scoring: QB, WR and TE... Which he drafted consecutively, in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds!:thanku: I'm also deploying 4 of the Top 7, Scoring WR's (Including Gates)... and "yes"... I'm totally bragging right now!

My hat's off to all of ya!

Let's Examine further... "Waiver Gem's"

Philly's Used Jock Straps - Michael Vick & Ryan Torain
Floridian Broncos - Peyton Hillis & Steve Johnson
Dos Rios' SodBusters - LaGarrette Blount & Jacob Tamme
<--"Your Points Against" - I haven't really gotten any "monsters"... but BGE was big for me when I needed him, and I've had some beautiful (1 week) Bye week pickup's.

But Seriously?!? Did we miss anybody???

It's no wonder our team's are so good! We own this Conference!!!

Hope the rest of you guys are taking notes!:thumbsup:

Broncoman13
11-17-2010, 07:17 AM
In celebration of our Glorious Division... Here are our H2H Match-ups this season (so far).

Week 1

Philly's Used Jock Straps -defeats- <--"Your Points Against"
161 points (1st) -to- 135 points (3rd)

Dos Rios' SodBusters -defeats- Floridian Broncos
107 points (5th) -to- (N/A)

Week 4

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Floridian Broncos
182 points (1st) -to- 139 points (2nd)

Dos Rios' SodBusters -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
128 points (4th) -to- (N/A)

Week 7

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Dos Rios' SodBusters
147 points (1st) -to- 144 points (2nd)

Floridian Broncos -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
128 points (T3rd) -to- (N/A)

Week 9

Floridian Broncos -defeats- Dos Rios' SodBusters
196 points (1st) -to- 170 points (2nd)

<--"Your Points Against" -defeats- Philly's Used Jock Straps
160 points (3rd) -to- (N/A)

- There have been Zero sweeps thus far!
- The highest scoring team in the conference, has come from The Davis Division, 8 out of 10 weeks!
- Not amazingly, we also have the Top 4 teams, in terms of scoring, in the conference.:thumbs:
- In fact, The Davis Division has over 1,100 more combined points... than either of the other two divisions! That's like another team! And a pretty good one, at that!

- Floridian Broncos, will make the playoffs... As long as the rules allow all three "wild card" teams, to be from the same division. :contract:
- Philly's Used Jock Straps, had his worst 3 weeks against divisional opponents... He also had one of his best weeks against a divisional opponent. :unamused:
- Dos Rios' SodBusters, scored the 2nd most points in the Conference... both times he lost. :crazy:
- Through the Bye weeks... <--"Your Points Against", currently rosters the #1 Scoring: QB, WR and TE... Which he drafted consecutively, in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds!:thanku: I'm also deploying 4 of the Top 7, Scoring WR's (Including Gates)... and "yes"... I'm totally bragging right now!

My hat's off to all of ya!

Let's Examine further... "Waiver Gem's"

Philly's Used Jock Straps - Michael Vick & Ryan Torain
Floridian Broncos - Peyton Hillis & Steve Johnson
Dos Rios' SodBusters - LaGarrette Blount & Jacob Tamme
<--"Your Points Against" - I haven't really gotten any "monsters"... but BGE was big for me when I needed him, and I've had some beautiful (1 week) Bye week pickup's.

But Seriously?!? Did we miss anybody???

It's no wonder our team's are so good! We own this Conference!!!

Hope the rest of you guys are taking notes!:thumbsup:

We'll definitely have to split that division up next year... glad that it is so competitive but would like for all of those super owners to have the opportunity to contend for the playoffs.

I am seriously debating what to do with CBF1's team in the event it does make the playoffs. I think, in the spirit of competition, it would be appropriate to allow the "7th" ranked team into the playoffs. I will have to talk with ApaOps as well as the delegates (assuming they are not affected by any decision) and see where we go from there.

I would have been fine with CBF1 taking control of his team, but I don't think it helps the league in any way to have an "ownerless" team in the playoffs.

Thoughts?

worm
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
CBF logged into the site yesterday. It would be nice if he at least said one way or the other what his intentions are.

HAT
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM
I am seriously debating what to do with CBF1's team in the event it does make the playoffs. I think, in the spirit of competition, it would be appropriate to allow the "7th" ranked team into the playoffs. I will have to talk with ApaOps as well as the delegates (assuming they are not affected by any decision) and see where we go from there.

I would have been fine with CBF1 taking control of his team, but I don't think it helps the league in any way to have an "ownerless" team in the playoffs.

Thoughts?

My .02

If he makes the playoffs, he makes the playoffs. It would be total BS IMO to DQ his team. He paid his money and is free to do what he wants with his team (including nothing).

You guys don't want him in the play-offs? Beat him.

And no offense to Apa, but he should have no say in this whatsoever...He very well could be that "7th team". Actually, that goes for the OM conference in general.

Bad Reflexes
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
We'll definitely have to split that division up next year... glad that it is so competitive but would like for all of those super owners to have the opportunity to contend for the playoffs.

Thoughts?
Well... Floridian Broncos will move into the 6th seed with a win over CBF this week. Which would put him into the playoffs with a win in week 12...

Basically, Sutoazul's playoffs... start this week!

theAPAOps5
11-17-2010, 01:40 PM
My .02

If he makes the playoffs, he makes the playoffs. It would be total BS IMO to DQ his team. He paid his money and is free to do what he wants with his team (including nothing).

You guys don't want him in the play-offs? Beat him.

And no offense to Apa, but he should have no say in this whatsoever...He very well could be that "7th team". Actually, that goes for the OM conference in general.

I will separate my decision from my play. That is why we have two commissioners. So don't worry about me choosing what is in the best interest for me. Whatever the league wants is fine by me.

I think it should be a vote and a clear majority wins.

HAT
11-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I hear ya Apa....I just don't think it should even be put to a vote.

His money was paid and he logged in yesterday. That's an active player in my book. Other people have missed weeks along the way as well. Who's to say what the "right" level of activity is?

Almost always better to go with the established rules rather than make up stuff along the way because of some unforeseen circumstance.

theAPAOps5
11-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I think you raise a very valid point. I think it is just out there for discussion.

Broncoman13
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
That is why I was asking for thoughts.... good point HAT.

But if CBF1's team suffers injuries and he is in the playoff you have a "bye" in the playoffs. Not sure I like that idea either.

Doggcow
11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
That is why I was asking for thoughts.... good point HAT.

But if CBF1's team suffers injuries and he is in the playoff you have a "bye" in the playoffs. Not sure I like that idea either.

Luck of the draw.

What if his team goes ape**** and beats people in the playoffs due to not being tampered with?

I know I'd never lose to a guy missing two players or anything *cough* but just saying.

Doggcow
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.theultimatetrophy.com/mfl/

pretty ba imo

missingnumber7
11-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I hear ya Apa....I just don't think it should even be put to a vote.

His money was paid and he logged in yesterday. That's an active player in my book. Other people have missed weeks along the way as well. Who's to say what the "right" level of activity is?

Almost always better to go with the established rules rather than make up stuff along the way because of some unforeseen circumstance.

This brings up a good point, which has been an issue throughout the whole season. I wouldn't think that a league that you are paying 50 for would have this problem, but I have played in leagues where if you don't click a button to submit a roster for a week you automatically forfit your entire season...including already played games.

If we are going to do this again next year there should be stipulation about consecutive weeks or something to that manner. Its not like it is to hard to contact someone any one of the ways we have available to us, Omane, the league website, or email.