PDA

View Full Version : OM Fantasy Football

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Broncoman13
09-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Alex no clue on the MIME software. Just logged in and saw the changes, glad the links work and the header image changed. Did changing the messages work like the service ticket said?

Yeah, kind of a pain in the ass though... how does it look? Working better now?

theAPAOps5
09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah it works better how did you get the image and title? The only suggestion I have is making that smaller but if that is a pain the ass then don't bother. Tell me how you did it and I will take a stab if you want!

Broncoman13
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah it works better how did you get the image and title? The only suggestion I have is making that smaller but if that is a pain the ass then don't bother. Tell me how you did it and I will take a stab if you want!

It's not real hard. Go to Commish Set up and on the very bottom you'll see message #s listed. Click the one that says header. You can then resize the fonts and picture.

BroncoBuff
09-05-2010, 02:21 PM
It's not real hard. Go to Commish Set up and on the very bottom you'll see message #s listed. Click the one that says header. You can then resize the fonts and picture.

Sheesh, Apa ... you couldn't figure that out?

theAPAOps5
09-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Sheesh, Apa ... you couldn't figure that out?

You have no clue what is hard and what isn't. Trust me. Its easy to look at what Alex wrote and think its simple but you would be clueless.

Its counter intuitive to design using the comments section. Crazy site!

underrated29
09-05-2010, 03:48 PM
hey guys, I cant find the linups size anymore?

I can find the part that says 9 starters

1qb
2-3rb
2-3wr
1te/d/k

But I cant find the rest.

Can someone please post or direct me to the rosters.

How they look IE.-
qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
flex (rb/WR)
te
k
d

bench-
x number of bench players (?)

Broncoman13
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
hey guys, I cant find the linups size anymore?

I can find the part that says 9 starters

1qb
2-3rb
2-3wr
1te/d/k

But I cant find the rest.

Can someone please post or direct me to the rosters.

How they look IE.-
qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
flex (rb/WR)
te
k
d

bench-
x number of bench players (?)

15 total players.

9 Starters-

1 QB
2 RBs
2 WRs
1 TE
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 K
1 D/ST

6 Bench Players

underrated29
09-05-2010, 04:05 PM
15 total players.

9 Starters-

1 QB
2 RBs
2 WRs
1 TE
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 K
1 D/ST

6 Bench Players

Thank you!

usndan
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Is there room left for at least 1 more player or not? Just wondering, Thought I would go ahead and ask.... If you could let me know one way or the other, I would appreciate it! Thanks,

GO Broncos!!

HAT
09-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Bman....If you're still looking to trade out of #6, I'm game (from 9).

Also....in the draft room: Did the sort by ADP option disappear? I only see Alphabetical & 'my draft list' in the drop down.

Broncoman13
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Bman....If you're still looking to trade out of #6, I'm game (from 9).

Also....in the draft room: Did the sort by ADP option disappear? I only see Alphabetical & 'my draft list' in the drop down.

Cool. What did you have in mind? Swap your 9 for my 6. And then your 6th rounder for my 7th rounder?

BroncoBuff
09-05-2010, 11:22 PM
You have no clue what is hard and what isn't. Trust me. Its easy to look at what Alex wrote and think its simple but you would be clueless.

Really ... you actually thought I was serious there?

Guess I'll have to bring back Colbert as my avatar ???

theAPAOps5
09-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Really ... you actually thought I was serious there?

Guess I'll have to bring back Colbert as my avatar ???

No I knew you weren't serious thus my smart ass reply! Also look at the whole post it was more a slam on the site because they are counter intuitive!

Don't take things so serious! ^5

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Any chance Chris Johnson slips to 4 tonight? Bman, I was all set to take Rogers at 4 till CJ fell in my lap. I really still cant believe he fell to me. could be a curse or a blessing.

Mediator12
09-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Its all personal preference philly. I was really surprised people were stunned with QB's going early. This is not a RB driven league, thank Goodness!

underrated29
09-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Any chance Chris Johnson slips to 4 tonight? Bman, I was all set to take Rogers at 4 till CJ fell in my lap. I really still cant believe he fell to me. could be a curse or a blessing.

Yes, I am still wondering if I should have traded with you or not...

I dont understand how people were surprised with the qbs going early either, but DaMN I was surprised with how many RBs went early. By my 1st pick, which happened to be the last pick of rd 3..There was no one left. No one!

Broncoman13
09-06-2010, 09:49 AM

No. I'm guessing Mock will take him or AD, #2 will take the other.

Broncoman13
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Yes, I am still wondering if I should have traded with you or not...

I dont understand how people were surprised with the qbs going early either, but DaMN I was surprised with how many RBs went early. By my 1st pick, which happened to be the last pick of rd 3..There was no one left. No one!

I had a draft right before the OM draft last night. My first round pick (#14 overall) was Jeremy Maclin. My 2nd round (#28, no 'S'), Jabbar Gafney.

16 Team league with 6 Keepers per team... TOUGH. My keepers were strong so I'll do well, but having to take Maclin in the first is rough.rough.rough.

HAT
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Cool. What did you have in mind? Swap your 9 for my 6. And then your 6th rounder for my 7th rounder?

Actually, nevermind. I just got done reading the scoring rules thoroughly. I'm fine with #9.

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Its all personal preference philly. I was really surprised people were stunned with QB's going early. This is not a RB driven league, thank Goodness!

Trust me I know. Which is why I was going Aaron Rogers #4. When CJ dropped, it through me for a loop. I knew exactley how scoring heavy QBs are in this league. Thats why I got pissed with everyone talking on the chat about how valuable QBs were. I was hoping a Top 5 QB got back to me but once everyone starting talking, the incredible run began.
After the top 5 QBs went I targeted loading up on WR and did a hell of a job. 5 of the top 16 WRs. I also determined which QB I really wanted and waited. I REALLY wanted Big Ben cause hes a top 5 QB stat wise and I knew he'd slide. I had to find 3 QBs hat Id be happy with till Ben got back. Matt Ryan, Favre, and Cutler. I got 2 of the 3 late which I was very happy with considering how fast the QBs went. I think 8 QBs went in the 1st 2 rounds.

Broncoman13
09-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Trust me I know. Which is why I was going Aaron Rogers #4. When CJ dropped, it through me for a loop. I knew exactley how scoring heavy QBs are in this league. Thats why I got pissed with everyone talking on the chat about how valuable QBs were. I was hoping a Top 5 QB got back to me but once everyone starting talking, the incredible run began.
After the top 5 QBs went I targeted loading up on WR and did a hell of a job. 5 of the top 16 WRs. I also determined which QB I really wanted and waited. I REALLY wanted Big Ben cause hes a top 5 QB stat wise and I knew he'd slide. I had to find 3 QBs hat Id be happy with till Ben got back. Matt Ryan, Favre, and Cutler. I got 2 of the 3 late which I was very happy with considering how fast the QBs went. I think 8 QBs went in the 1st 2 rounds.

Meh... Cutler will score 40-50 points less than guys like Romo, Rivers, and Brady and you can get him 4 or 5 rounds later. That's like 3 or 4 points per game. Not gonna sweat something like that. I was surprised at high some of the QBs were picked. If a top 3 or 4 guy falls to me where I'm okay drafting him (3rd or 4th round) then I'll take him. If not, I'm loading up on RBs and WRs while you waste your high picks on 3 points per week.

Some people really prefer to take a QB that is going to consistently put up 20-25 points per week. That's reasonable too. I dont fault anyone for doing that, I am just personally okay with drafting two QBs in the mid rounds and playing the match-ups.

sutoazul
09-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Damn it.... I really thought that Revis was going to sit out for a couple weeks and picked the Packers ahead of the Jets. Two hours after the draft Revis comes back!! **** Me!!

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Meh... Cutler will score 40-50 points less than guys like Romo, Rivers, and Brady and you can get him 4 or 5 rounds later. That's like 3 or 4 points per game. Not gonna sweat something like that. I was surprised at high some of the QBs were picked. If a top 3 or 4 guy falls to me where I'm okay drafting him (3rd or 4th round) then I'll take him. If not, I'm loading up on RBs and WRs while you waste your high picks on 3 points per week.

Some people really prefer to take a QB that is going to consistently put up 20-25 points per week. That's reasonable too. I dont fault anyone for doing that, I am just personally okay with drafting two QBs in the mid rounds and playing the match-ups.

Once that run started, thats exactly what I was thinking. Get 3 QBs that can chuck the ball and play matchups. And who knows, there is always 1 or 2 QBs that surprise FF each season. maybe its Cutler? maybe Favre can duplicate last year? maybe Big Ben doesnt miss a beat when he gets back. Hopefully one of the 3 has a great year. If not, I'm okay with just looking at matchups.
One thing that is not debateable in my eyes, there is no replacing a guy like CJ falling into my lap. I'm very happy with that.
I'm just hoping to be around 5-3, 6-2 by week 8. By then, I should have Sidney Rice and Vincent Jackson active. The only problem is, who are my starting 2 or 3 outta:

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Miles Austin ( I was gonna take Desean jackson but his injuries scared me off)
Sidney Rice
Vincent Jackson

Good problem to have I guess

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Damn it.... I really thought that Revis was going to sit out for a couple weeks and picked the Packers ahead of the Jets. Two hours after the draft Revis comes back!! **** Me!!

Revis or not, I still woulda took the Jets over Pack.

HAT
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Still no sort by ADP option in the draft room? Only alphabetical & 'my draft list'? Guess I should've set a draft list up.

underrated29
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Everytime I have won my championships I have had a top flight QB.

Doggcow
09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Best League Logo? I'm Thinkin RB's

underrated29
09-06-2010, 05:15 PM
JW, it says 0-10 = 6pts for a QB touchdown... Does that mean you dont get 6 if they throw an 11 yard one? cuz that would be stupid broken.

I think if its 11 yards to like 15 or something you get a 2 pt bonus...6pts plus 2 pts for it being over 11 yards..

PS- I think I am going against you this week...Before I thought it was dude, but now looks like you. Cant decide if I want to start Knows vs det, TO vs NE or Reggie bush vs Vikes....

Doggcow
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I think if its 11 yards to like 15 or something you get a 2 pt bonus...6pts plus 2 pts for it being over 11 yards..

PS- I think I am going against you this week...Before I thought it was dude, but now looks like you. Cant decide if I want to start Knows vs det, TO vs NE or Reggie bush vs Vikes....

Yeah no, it says 1-10 TD's.. I thought it said yards. Dont mind me :)

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Everytime I have won my championships I have had a top flight QB.

So, Im guessing Manning is untouchable?

bowtown
09-06-2010, 05:42 PM
No. I'm guessing Mock will take him or AD, #2 will take the other.

I heard Mock was planning to take Nick Saban.

underrated29
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
So, Im guessing Manning is untouchable?

yea---I gave you another trade....not a real one, but so i could reply.

I am not really looking to trade for anyone or RBs, but if someone needs some wr help and has a good rb they are willing to part with, then I want them to know I am like washington, I will always listen to any trades.

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Yea, I sent you a 2nd one with Larry Fitzgerald in there.

Doggcow
09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Btw, I have RB's :D

Mediator12
09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Some real good trade opportunities out there. I always draft for value, but I love to make good trades for both teams setup. Thanks Buff and everryone out there who considers a trade.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Some real good trade opportunities out there. I always draft for value, but I love to make good trades for both teams setup. Thanks Buff and everryone out there who considers a trade.

Thanks for offering, good trade.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I got some Broncos, some Buffs, and some Seahawks. Honestly, I'd rather LOSE with those guys than WIN with some stupid Ravens, Cowboys and Patriots players.

I reached pretty good for Eddie Royal, and slightly for Knowshon, but we'll see.

Weirdest part of that draft was depth of quarterbacks ... McNabb went in what, the 10th round? Orton even later?

Mediator12
09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for offering, good trade.

That is the way it should be. Good move Strategically for both sides. Happy to give you a good Seahawk :strong:

Mediator12
09-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I got some Broncos, some Buffs, and some Seahawks. Honestly, I'd rather LOSE with those guys than WIN with some stupid Ravens, Cowboys and Patriots players.

I reached pretty good for Eddie Royal, and slightly for Knowshon, but we'll see.

Weirdest part of that draft was depth of quarterbacks ... McNabb went in what, the 10th round? Orton even later?

Yep, The auto draft got McNabb for STG. I was ready to take him two picks later. Oh, Well ;D

underrated29
09-07-2010, 11:36 AM

wait wait. Are you the one who took knowshon in the 2nd? That my friend is not a slight reach. And this is coming from one of the biggest knowshon fans there is.....While I do think he will have a real good year, I bet he could have been had in the 3rd/4th....He is injured right now. :sad:

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
wait wait. Are you the one who took knowshon in the 2nd? That my friend is not a slight reach. And this is coming from one of the biggest knowshon fans there is.....While I do think he will have a real good year, I bet he could have been had in the 3rd/4th....He is injured right now. :sad:

Disagree ... Moreno had 1200 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs as a rookie. Obviously he wore out late in the year, but a player's durability always jumps from year 1 to year 2.

And I admitted I reached "slightly" ... you apparently agree, slotting him just a round or two later. Eddie is who I really reached for ... 3 or 4 rounds early.

Oh well, in an OM draft like this one, you gotta reach some if you want Broncos on your roster.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
And like I said .... I got some Broncos, some Buffs, and some Seahawks.

Honestly, I'd rather LOSE with those guys than WIN with some stupid Ravens, Cowboys and Patriots.

HAT
09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh well, in an OM draft like this one, you gotta reach some if you want Broncos on your roster.

Truth. I took Gaff ahead of where I normally would've. And I would've taken Orton the round after he was 'reached' for.

underrated29
09-07-2010, 12:38 PM

Yeah, I'm soo pissed. Knowshon is my fav RB in the league- Stewie is my actual fav, but he is not a bronco- so my boy knowshon it is....Still, I do not have him in any one of my leagues, and I am in 4 of them. I hate not being able to cheer for my boy and not reap the rewards, or even worse go against someone who has him....:ugh:

DeuceOfClub
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
It looks tome like the answer is no, but I'm gonna ask anyway...
Do our skill players (RB, WR, TE or Flex) receive any points for Special-teams TDs (Punt, KO returns)?

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Disagree ... Moreno had 1200 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs as a rookie. Obviously he wore out late in the year, but a player's durability always jumps from year 1 to year 2.

And I admitted I reached "slightly" ... you apparently agree, slotting him just a round or two later. Eddie is who I really reached for ... 3 or 4 rounds early.

Dis.

I know for a fact that Ky's Lax Girl would have taken Knowshon with her pick at the top of 3rd before you had a chance. She also was mad at you for taking Eddie Royal and would have taken him her next pick as well... you didn't reach as much as you think. Knowshon's only issue right now is the question mark regarding his healthy. Once healthy he is a solid #2 RB with potential to bust as well as potential to be a 1300 total yard 12 TD back.

Eddie Royal is a bit of an enigma. Can't get a good feel for where he is at. I've past on him in my other leagues, drafting Gaffney instead. Gaff seems to be Orton's go to, safety guy.

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Truth. I took Gaff ahead of where I normally would've. And I would've taken Orton the round after he was 'reached' for.

I had Orton lined up... went the pick before mine. Had to settle for Stafford which may not be a bad back up option.

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
It looks tome like the answer is no, but I'm gonna ask anyway...
Do our skill players (RB, WR, TE or Flex) receive any points for Special-teams TDs (Punt, KO returns)?

No, the Defense gets STs (TDs only) points.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Ky's Lax Girl and underrated ... the bidding for Knowshon may begin.

underrated29
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Ky's Lax Girl and underrated ... the bidding for Knowshon may begin.

You're not in my division man. I cant trade with you.

Doggcow
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM

You shoulda just said the computer messed up and gone back and repicked when you realized you made a mistake ;)

Doggcow
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
BTW Could we get the add drops for the other league turned off?

I was just WTFing that someone acquired my kicker...

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
LOL

So you would like me turn off one of the conferences ability to make roster moves...my conference... oooookay ;)

NOT!

Doggcow
09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
LOL

So you would like me turn off one of the conferences ability to make roster moves...my conference... oooookay ;)

NOT!

I mean the emails that Im getting blasted with from the other conference.

Im sure both conferences would appreciate the independence.

HAT
09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I had Orton lined up... went the pick before mine. Had to settle for Stafford which may not be a bad back up option.

I had Stafford, Orton & Henne (in that order) all que'd up when that mini run on QB2's happened. Had to settle for Freeman. notsofast

theAPAOps5
09-07-2010, 08:21 PM

You can turn emails off yourself but I think its all or nothing. Or you can just ignore them.

HAT
09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
You can turn emails off yourself but I think its all or nothing. Or you can just ignore them.

If you use gmail, you can set it up yourself. Just create a label for "OMane FF"...Then create 2 separate filters:

From email addys outside your conference: "delete it"

From email addys from your conference: Apply label + skip the inbox.

That way you can leave the email notifications on from MFL but never have to see the ones from OOC and the in conferences ones don't clutter up your inbox but you can check them whenever you want by going to the OM FF label (folder).

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
If you use gmail, you can set it up yourself. Just create a label for "OMane FF"...Then create 2 separate filters:

That way you can leave the email notifications on from MFL but never have to see the ones from OOC and the in conferences ones don't clutter up your inbox but you can check them whenever you want by going to the OM FF label (folder).

Maybe he is just mad that all the action is rollin in from the NPN!!! OM can't even get a trade figured out yet. I almost feel lime I should give y'all an incentive to get something g done. I feel for you Philly.

theAPAOps5
09-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe he is just mad that all the action is rollin in from the NPN!!! OM can't even get a trade figured out yet. I almost feel lime I should give y'all an incentive to get something g done. I feel for you Philly.

Or we just draft better than NPN, you know......Hilarious!

Speaking for myself, I like to play things out for a week or so before seeking trades or waivers. When people are trading immediately it speaks to their drafting ability. :wave:

Just messing around! But I do like to wait.

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Not me, call Josh MF'n McDaniels... I like to completely remake my team every year and go our and kick people in the bawls! Take no prisonners! I don't wanna hear an more excuses (my bad), I'm trying to win a muthaf'n game!

underrated29
09-07-2010, 10:42 PM

Dude- you cant really have expected me to go for those trades. I never understood why people do all of this rapid trading and stuff. I pick my players for many different reasons, not just because they are best available. I will skip those guys if they dont line up with what I am building.

I agree with you here Mcapa0 vvvv.

I like to wait a bit, and i think it shows about drafting ability, however I will never pass up an opportunity to improve my team.

Broncoman13
09-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Romo, Tony DAL QB - 4 3.11
Gore, Frank SFO RB - 9 1.11
Harrison, Jerome CLE RB - 8 8.02
Hillis, Peyton CLE RB - 8 FA
Jackson, Fred BUF RB (Q) - 6 13.08
Spiller, C.J. BUF RB (R) - 6 6.07
Aromashodu, Devin CHI WR - 8 12.02
Owens, Terrell CIN WR - 6 7.11
Rice, Sidney MIN WR (O) - 4 15.11
Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 7 2.02
Welker, Wes NEP WR (P) - 5 5.11
Finley, Jermichael GBP TE (P) - 10 4.02
Witten, Jason DAL TE - 4 6.02
Longwell, Ryan MIN PK - 4 13.11
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def - 5 9.11

Trust me, there is nothing wrong with my draft. Since the draft I was able to get Fred Jackson to ensure I have the hot hand in what was a pretty good rushing attack... Poor OL, but the backs put up good yards! It cost me Bernard Scott, which gave my trade partner the cuff for Cedric Benson. Benson doesn't go down with injury a lot, but he does have a running style that leads to an occasional injury. Pretty sure we were both happy drafting those guys, but neither individual made our team stronger. All comes down to addind a piece here and there. Don't need the season to
start to tell me I need some tweaks, and my roster is plenty strong! Top 5 and top 13 RBs, Top 5 QB in a dome, Top 3 WR a top 15 WR and another top 20 receiver. A top 3 TE and a top 8 TE in a league that awards TEs bonus points at 50 yards, 100 yards, and 150 yards.... Plus PPR! With the way TEs score in this league, I may start both of them! Then I get a top 5 Defense with Palamaulu returning and the 2nd best (dome kicker) in the league. Plenty to be happy about... But there is always room for tweaking! The only time it has ever comeback to haunt me was back in 2001 when I traded Philly for Eddy Mac, first game against the Giants, September 10th, he snaps his leg. That one came back to bite me.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2010, 11:47 PM

We're on the same page, did all of that last week, except: Filtering out those dumb bastards in the Orangemane conference. Into the recycle bin. Immediately.

Can you imagine actually joining the Orangemane conference? What were they thinking?

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 12:06 AM

Okay, I can take you off the emails... But it's an all or none thing. Your choice bubba.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 12:13 AM
We're on the same page, did all of that last week, except: Filtering out those dumb bastards in the Orangemane conference. Into the recycle bin. Immediately.

Can you imagine actually joining the Orangemane conference? What were they thinking?

Haha, there have been like two emails from the OM conference. We are going to so roll those tired slackers. They don't want it enough. They are all Alphonso Smiths with their weak efforts. I should have pity on the OM conference, but I don't... Can't todo it, not with Philly struggling to find a trade partner. I hear you tho bro, would have been great to has you in the competitive conference.

OM=JV. ;)

bring it slackers, gonna rename your conference the Alphonso Smith Conference. You can have the IHOP, Travis Henry and Dale Carter Divisions! ;D

OBF1
09-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Orangemane>>>>>>>> NPN

This

Done

Out

BroncoBuff
09-08-2010, 02:56 AM
They are all Alphonso Smiths with their weak efforts. We're gonna rename your conference the Alphonso Smith Conference. Travis Henry and Dale Carter Divisions! ;D

Classic ... :~ohyah!:

DeuceOfClub
09-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Is there a page on the website with all the waiver rules info?
There are few lines in the bylaws page, but it didn't answer all my questions. (Mainly, how much time is a player on waiver till he becomes a FA?)

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Okay, I can take you off the emails... But it's an all or none thing. Your choice bubba.

Really? You cant have it specify for one division or the other?

we paid for this :(

underrated29
09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Philly has got to stop going after my boy manning. There is no way he is leaving unless I get rodgers or brees-which wont happen.

Holy balls. I must not have read the scoring right for the TEs---I did not see that they get points at 50 yards and 100 and 150. I did see the 3ptppr thing, but dayum. points at 50--thats nothing

Omane conference will own Neck pony. Our side is all content, plus I got doggcow week 1. I wouldnt be surprised if I face him again in the playoffs. This time brady is not going to let me down with a 1td, 178 yard performance.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Really? You cant have it specify for one division or the other?

we paid for this :(

Jesus you complain about everything. ::)

Next year don't pay for it or go play somewhere else so they can hear you b**** about everything.

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Jesus you complain about everything. ::)

Next year don't pay for it or go play somewhere else so they can hear you b**** about everything.

I'm just more critical of something that was so expensive, and hyped, when I find out it is astonishingly inflexible.

I'm not alone, I'm just the most vocal about it :P

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm just more critical of something that was so expensive, and hyped, when I find out it is astonishingly inflexible.

Over hyped? You paid $46, if that is too expensive you shouldn't have played....

We said it allows for more flexibility with scoring that's about all the hype you get. Get you facts straight and enjoy this year you won't play next year.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM

By the way you can select what emails you get by going to:

For Owners --> Franchise Set Up --> Contact Info

Then you go down and check the boxes in the email section for what reports you want to be emailed about. Now to check and uncheck you point your mouse, that little arrow that magically floats around your screen, over the square that is next to the words. Those words tell you what you get emails about. :P

DeuceOfClub
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
The email issue is been around since (at least) 2008 (http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22611&hl=email).
Might be worth to shot an email to the site owner's, maybe there is an easy commish-fix.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Actually he paid about $5 for the site. The other $ goes toward the prizes that somebody from the NPN will undoubtedly win!

Let Doggcow complain, he made his donation and has the right. I am simply ignoring him. Hope he doesn't have any real important questions!!! ;)

TE scoring in this league is pretty extreme. You get a guy that goes for a lot of yards and your TE can rank up there with the Tier 2 WRs. I was a little surprised that people didn't account for the scoring... except for QBs. Guys like Desean Jackson were way undervalued with these scoring rules...rules that were carried forward and not changed for the most part.

The only major rule change was the QB Interceptions. First Int only costs you one point. So if you have a QB like Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or even Kyle Orton, you'll lose the occassional point but nothing major. If you have QBs like Favre, Cutler, or Kolb well you start losing three points after that first gimme. So 2 Ints is like losing the traditional 4 points, but they start really hurting you after 2 Ints...which is how it should be!

Same surprises with RBs and points for every 2 receptions. Guys like McCoy, Bush and the obvious top tier RBs that do a lot in the passing game were passed over quite a bit.

If anybody in the NPN Conf needs a WR...go see Mock, LOL!!!

Over hyped? You paid $46, if that is too expensive you shouldn't have played....

We said it allows for more flexibility with scoring that's about all the hype you get. Get you facts straight and enjoy this year you won't play next year.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
The email issue is been around since (at least) 2008 (http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22611&hl=email).
Might be worth to shot an email to the site owner's, maybe there is an easy commish-fix.

I already looked on help, thats where you can find how to adjust the emails in the owners section.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Has Mock even said anything since his WR draft fest?

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Has Mock even said anything since his WR draft fest?

Not that I know of... he may be in hiding from Mediator! ;)

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM

I was informed the site was somewhere in the ballpark of $170.

You never specified EXCLUSIVELY that it it flexible for ONLY scoring, you said this league was more customizable than any other league.
Yeah, this site has a ton of tools and it is not very intuitive to use. I was the Commish on this the last time, but Pez did all the heavy lifting with the site.

I see how it could be called clunky. I call it difficult to use. However, it does allow us to be more flexible than some of the other leagues you mentioned.

1st is Doggcow's. I agree with McApa. The site is well worth the coin, plus I was able to talk them into giving us a pretty good discount. You'll note on leaguesafe that the amount I pulled for the league is less than what we originally obligated/appropriated. Right now it is difficult to use b/c several of the links are still being hooked up. You guys have no idea how much time I've spent attempting to remake the links, adjusting the layout, and setting up the league. In hindsight, I should have just dropped the extra money on a custom template. I may just do that still, even if some of it is out of my own pocket. It will be worth it as I plan on keeping the league going for years to come or as long as TJ gives us the go-ahead. So in part, I do agree with you guys that for a newcomer it's probably a little overwhelming. I've been playing on myfantasyleague for five years now so it's pretty familiar to me now. As far as a free site, nothing out there comes close to giving us the capability that myfantasyleague does.

I know how much I paid, It's actually the cheapest league I've ever been in, and the only one where the commish hated any input from the league. (while we're taking shots at eachother).

Btw, I've never had a more problem filled draft before, lol.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I was informed the site was somewhere in the ballpark of $170.

You never specified EXCLUSIVELY that it it flexible for ONLY scoring, you said this league was more customizable than any other league.

I know how much I paid, It's actually the cheapest league I've ever been in (while we're taking shots at eachother).

Btw, I've never had a more problem filled draft before, lol.

EDIT: Alright Doggcow rather than go back and forth lets just be done with it. Truce?

HAT
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I've got no problem using a pay site b/c of the 2 conference thing.....Also, added value with pick em & survivor on the side.

My only suggestion for next time around is if you re going to call it a $50 league, make it a $50 league + costs.

I would've much rather posted up $50 + $1.50 leaguesafe + $7.00 MFL and had a full $1,200 in the pool as opposed to $45 x 24 = $1080 - $170 MFL fees...Leaving only +/- $900 in the pool.

I don't think an extra $12/head would've made the league any harder to fill out.

JMO.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I've got no problem using a pay site b/c of the 2 conference thing.....Also, added value with pick em & survivor on the side.

My only suggestion for next time around is if you re going to call it a $50 league, make it a $50 league + costs.

I would've much rather posted up $50 + $1.50 leaguesafe + $7.00 MFL and had a full $1,200 in the pool as opposed to $45 x 24 = $1080 - $170 MFL fees...Leaving only +/- $900 in the pool.

I don't think an extra $12/head would've made the league any harder to fill out.

JMO.

Thanks you for the feedback. Alex set the price but that will be good to now for next year.

DeuceOfClub
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
BTW Nick, do you have an answer to my previous question? Can't find it anywhere.

There are few lines in the bylaws page, but it didn't answer all my questions. (Mainly, how much time is a player on waiver till he becomes a FA?)

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
BTW Nick, do you have an answer to my previous question? Can't find it anywhere.

Yeah I am looking for it and hopefully Alex can answer if I don't right away. I have to sneak into it while at work btw meetings and projects. But I will find you an answer!

HAT
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM

After 4 passes through the waiver wire, according to the by-laws.

Whatever time the waiver wire becomes active, the system will cycle through each of the 12 teams 4 times in order to fulfill pre-selected pick-ups.

Most leagues I've played in....WW starts at midnight on Wednesday. You wake up Thursday morning and any player not claimed on waivers is a FA until kick-off.

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
EDIT: Alright Doggcow rather than go back and forth lets just be done with it. Truce?

Im not trying to fight you. I never have tbh. This league seems like a wonderful thing that will last a while, any improvements we can make now, will exponentially increase the league funability in the future.

I'm trying to be constructive (which is why I have offered possible solutions to problems I was having, which I assume I'm not the only one having them)

Truly the Emails AREN'T that big of a deal, but 5 years down the road, wouldn't you have rather nipped it in the butt and not have it come back up again?

I'm sorry for being condescending, it was more of a passive aggressive way to rock the boat.

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I just found out if you scroll down past the text block on the homepage it has tabs and all sorts of info.

I like this better now :D

Btw what are the survivor pool rules? You can't pick a team more than once?

Requiem
09-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm not a part of the OM League, but here is my team I just drafted.

QB: Flacco and McNabb
RB: C. Johnson, Spiller, Moreno, Jacobs and Portis
WR: Fitzgerald, Marshall, Crabtree, Manningham
TE: V. Davis, Gresham
K: Prater
DEF/ST: Bengals

I think I have a strong team, but I'm worried about wide receiver depth since I decided to carry another TE and another RB.

Collie and Royal are available on waivers. I'm not sure which RB to drop.

Forsett, R. Williams are also on waivers for RB too.

I picked up Jacobs and Portis in the late rounds. I thought Portis starting again under Shanahan might provide some potential.

Maybe I could make a move for a WR through a trade.

Any suggestions?

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I just found out if you scroll down past the text block on the homepage it has tabs and all sorts of info.

I like this better now :D

Btw what are the survivor pool rules? You can't pick a team more than once?

I believe its the typical survivor pool. You can only pick a team once and what not.

As for the passive aggressive response that's fine and I was guilty of the same thing. Anyways things will get better and the start of match ups tomorrow will bring the fun. Good luck!

Also I love how Mock comes and makes a move that is QB related not part of his 50 WR's!

BroncoBuff
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Franchise fee for the commissioner should be waived.

Not for the CO-commissioner, just the commissioner :thumbs:

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 06:31 PM

JMO.

Good input and I would be all for it... just wanted to make sure everyone had the opportunity to play. We have some kids and some people that may have had difficulty coming up with the $45 and another $10-15 may have put them over the top.

We'll do a season ending poll and gauge the interest in doing a higher prize league.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Players are locked for two days after they are dropped. I'm not sure whether the system will allow for waiver wire pick-ups before tomorrow's game or not??? I had it set to begin waiver wire two nights ago, but there were no waived players and you have that two day window thing. Typically waivers do not begin until after the first week of games as that is how the order is established (lowest ranking gets first priority). Again, I'm not sure how it will work before the games, I imagine reverse draft order, but I'm not for certain.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM

I second this LOL

;)

Mediator12
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Players are locked for two days after they are dropped. I'm not sure whether the system will allow for waiver wire pick-ups before tomorrow's game or not??? I had it set to begin waiver wire two nights ago, but there were no waived players and you have that two day window thing. Typically waivers do not begin until after the first week of games as that is how the order is established (lowest ranking gets first priority). Again, I'm not sure how it will work before the games, I imagine reverse draft order, but I'm not for certain.

I hate the Waiver Wire rules in Most FF leagues. It penalizes people who win their first few games and allows people who made huge mistakes to pick up players before someone else who does their work. It is kind of like FF welfare ROFL!

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Douchebags should get charged double next season. Lets start making a list:

BroncoBuff

:thumbs:

Good thing there are two commissioners, one for each league...... :welcome: One co-commissioner who serves to mediate any type of result btw Alex and myself. But if you don't think Philly should have the fee waived thats fine!

underrated29
09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I hate the Waiver Wire rules in Most FF leagues. It penalizes people who win their first few games and allows people who made huge mistakes to pick up players before someone else who does their work. It is kind of like FF welfare ROFL!

oh man I am with you 100% on this!!!!!!!!

In my big money league $500 buy in. Free agency is first come first served. It opens the following morning after the last game has played at 6am. If you want a guy you need to do your research and nab him...You dont get lots of time to think it over while we all have to wait and such. Its not our fault you suck at drafting.

Typically the better teams are not going to be submitting a whole lot of waiver claims anyhow. Because their team is already set.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 08:58 PM

In my big money league $500 buy in. Free agency is first come first served. It opens the following morning after the last game has played at 6am. If you want a guy you need to do your research and nab him...You dont get lots of time to think it over while we all have to wait and such. Its not our fault you suck at drafting.

Typically the better teams are not going to be submitting a whole lot of waiver claims anyhow. Because their team is already set.

That's how my money league is as well. 6:59 and 55 seconds you start hitting submit and hope that it times just perfectly for the 0700 open acquisition. I'm all for it. Start a poll on the League site and let the majority speak.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
When you try to acquire a free agent if you don't find their name, look in the bottom part of the screen for the link to "locked players" you will find the information on the player in which you wish to acquire.

Mock's Marauders Cutler, Jay CHI QB Wed Sep 8 6:49:58 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 6:49:58 p.m. ET 2010
Arkie Showboats Edelman, Julian NEP WR Tue Sep 7 1:22:27 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 1:22:27 p.m. ET 2010
I'm Thinkin RB's Murphy, Louis OAK WR Wed Sep 8 12:26:19 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 12:26:19 p.m. ET 2010
Flexing Tight Ends! Henderson, Devery NOS WR Tue Sep 7 3:09:43 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 3:09:43 p.m. ET 2010
HAT Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def Tue Sep 7 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010
HAT Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Tue Sep 7 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010
HAT Hartline, Brian MIA WR Wed Sep 8 1:35:52 a.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 1:35:52 a.m. ET 2010
Raiders SUCK Tebow, Tim DEN QB Tue Sep 7 1:35:55 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 1:35:55 p.m. ET 2010
Cover Zero All Day Sproles, Darren SDC RB Tue Sep 7 12:44:40 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 12:44:40 p.m. ET 2010
BMan's Republic of the Gridiron Stafford, Matthew DET QB Tue Sep 7 10:52:51 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:52:51 p.m. ET 2010
Dos Rios' SodBusters Collie, Austin IND WR Wed Sep 8 1:03:51 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 1:03:51 p.m. ET 2010
Worm's Orange Halos Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR Tue Sep 7 11:07:17 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:07:17 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Graham, Daniel DEN TE Wed Sep 8 7:22:51 a.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 7:22:51 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB Tue Sep 7 11:59:44 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:59:44 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Jackson, Vincent SDC WR Tue Sep 7 11:32:22 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:32:22 a.m. ET 2010
DUDERStadt Choice, Tashard DAL RB Wed Sep 8 4:00:00 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 4:00:00 p.m. ET 2010
Philly's Used Jock Straps Faulk, Kevin NEP RB Tue Sep 7 8:15:03 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 8:15:03 p.m. ET 2010

Mediator12
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM

The exception is injuries. There are always breakout players who can fill an injury role. Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon were good 3 WR's last year after Gonzo went down with injury in the first quarter of game one for the Colts.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
The exception is injuries. There are always breakout players who can fill an injury role. Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon were good 3 WR's last year after Gonzo went down with injury in the first quarter of game one for the Colts.

Alright, there is a league poll up. I put it on the very front/top of the fantasy home page. There are three options that we can select from on the fantasy site.

When you submit a waiver request it shows you your waiver priority ranking as it stands.

GET OUT AND VOTE EVERYONE.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Apa, I took care of that scoring issue we discussed earlier.

Basically had to increase from 5 to 5 and change the values from 5 to 55. Gives 1 point for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. If you get to 5 you get a bonus of 3. So, 5 is actually a total score of 8. 6 would give you 9. 7 equals 10 and so on.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok thats good because I was trying earlier but it was not making sense! Did you look at the other warnings we got? If not we can talk about it in the morning!

HAT
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM

You guys are seriously considering 1st come, 1st served? Wow.

Saying last to first benefits people who don't know how to draft is like saying 1st come, 1st served benefits the childless & jobless.

Cool by me either way because I don't work until 10am most mornings but that's pretty ****ed up if peeps get penalized for having jobs with internet filters or having to take their kids to school.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Ok thats good because I was trying earlier but it was not making sense! Did you look at the other warnings we got? If not we can talk about it in the morning!

Not each one of them... Give me a shout. I am working from home tomorrow and can probably break free whenever you have a few minutes.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Saying last to first benefits people who don't know how to draft is like saying 1st come, 1st served benefits the childless & jobless.

Cool by me either way because I don't work until 10am most mornings but that's pretty ****ed up if peeps get penalized for having jobs with internet filters or having to take their kids to school.

Good points. Vote. I'm good either way and will go with the majority regardless of my preference. Let the owners speak.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Not each one of them... Give me a shout. I am working from home tomorrow and can probably break free whenever you have a few minutes.

I will call on my way into the office in the morning, that is if you are up at 6:45am. Or I can sneak away in the am. I just want to make sure we have the points set up right so that the scoring is right. There are only a few more that have warnings.

Broncoman13
09-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I will be up, gimme a shout.

underrated29
09-08-2010, 11:12 PM

I have to get my son to daycare by 8 and be at work by 9. Only then do I ever get on. But the teams that are winning are also probably less likely to make a waiver move. Also- and it depends on the time that commishers have set, but someone can get up at 6am (how it is in my big $$ league) when FA opens and grab their man.

I like it because it keeps everyone active and competative. No slacking off. If your team lacks depth talent and depth, because you drafted poorly or because someone went down, whatever, you should be the first one on the FA looking for some help. But also is that someone else problem that you drafted badly? i dont personally think it should be. Like I said, i doubt that the better teams will be doing much waiver activity, but they should get a free shot. I dont think they should be penalzied because they drafted well. And it is painful to see a player on waiver for a couple days before someone (who is lower priority than you) picks him up on kind of a whim, when you who did your research and stuff knew that he would be good.

It also keeps people from dropping studs like boldin or dallas clark for a bye week replacement fully knowing that they can pick up those studs again next week.

Of course just my opinion...But I can go either way also....It is how it was last year. This is just what I prefer. I hope to only use the waiver a few times this year, mainly for bye weeks or injuries.

HAT
09-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I have to get my son to daycare by 8 and be at work by 9. Only then do I ever get on. But the teams that are winning are also probably less likely to make a waiver move. Also- and it depends on the time that commishers have set, but someone can get up at 6am (how it is in my big $$ league) when FA opens and grab their man.

I like it because it keeps everyone active and competative. No slacking off. If your team lacks depth talent and depth, because you drafted poorly or because someone went down, whatever, you should be the first one on the FA looking for some help. But also is that someone else problem that you drafted badly? i dont personally think it should be. Like I said, i doubt that the better teams will be doing much waiver activity, but they should get a free shot. I dont think they should be penalzied because they drafted well. And it is painful to see a player on waiver for a couple days before someone (who is lower priority than you) picks him up on kind of a whim, when you who did your research and stuff knew that he would be good.

It also keeps people from dropping studs like boldin or dallas clark for a bye week replacement fully knowing that they can pick up those studs again next week.

Of course just my opinion...But I can go either way also....It is how it was last year. This is just what I prefer. I hope to only use the waiver a few times this year, mainly for bye weeks or injuries.

I hear ya but disagree with the notion that winning teams will be less active. I could go gate to wire 12-0 and would still make at least one move a week.

HAT
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM

I missed this the first time around and just have to ask what kind of bush-leagues have you been playing in?

If you drop somebody to pick up a waiver wire replacement....The dropped player becomes FA the minute the WW period is over. WTF?

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I'd prefer a non-resetting waiver wire, which becomes a Free Agency the next day.

Then you aren't just running around scrambling to pick everyone up all the time. (Plus my comp is old so I'm already at a disadvantage to the speedy comps :P)

Doggcow
09-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Btw do waiver moves cost? I've been looking around trying to find out if they do but havent been able to see anything that talks about it.

HAT
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I'd prefer a non-resetting waiver wire, which becomes a Free Agency the next day.

Then you aren't just running around scrambling to pick everyone up all the time. (Plus my comp is old so I'm already at a disadvantage to the speedy comps :P)

Exactly....I was lol'ing hard at underrated's comment above about dropping 'a stud' for a bye week replacement. Do people not know the difference between waiver wire & FA?

And WTF is this even up for a vote?

It's in the damn by-laws....Are we just going to start changing **** willy-nilly?

Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #1: Overall Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #2: Head-To-Head Record
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #3: Total Points Scored
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #4: Conference Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #5: Divisional Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #6: Reverse Order Of Opponent Total Points Scored
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #7: Power Rank
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #8: Victory Points
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #9:
Maximum Number of Rounds for the Waiver Wire: 4
Limit Owners To Adding: 2 players per waiver week via waivers.
Limit Owners To Adding: 3 players per week via free agent moves.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Exactly....I was lol'ing hard at underrated's comment above about dropping 'a stud' for a bye week replacement. Do people not know the difference between waiver wire & FA?

And WTF is this even up for a vote?

It's in the damn by-laws....Are we just going to start changing **** willy-nilly?

Exactly...

Nothing worse than changing rules post draft.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
BTW, Suck My Tebow has absolutely no chance against me this week... LOL :)

DeuceOfClub
09-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks to anyone who answered my question. I guess I created more problem than I intended.

As for the matter in hand: I voted for a WW. To give advantages to 'faster clicker' or 'stronger Internet connection' owners is IMO stupid.
Personally, I think WW order should not reset weekly, once a team win a waiver claim they are bumped to the end of the order an so on.
As it is 6:00am (eastern time) is a bad time for me, and I don't think I will ever be able to be in front of a computer, which set my chances of acquiring a good one almost at zero.
Also, the idea that an owner can drop a star for a bye-week and than re-acquire him is terrible (again, this is MO)

regardless, changing rules post-draft is a bad idea.

Mediator12
09-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Exactly...

Nothing worse than changing rules post draft.

I think that's a pretty weak statement, for all the constructive criticism you have doled out. The commish is "getting the input" you so demonstrably lobbied for, and this particular one is not a favorite to you. Vote NO, and move on instead of constantly being the Devils advocate on everything ;D

missingnumber7
09-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Good input and I would be all for it... just wanted to make sure everyone had the opportunity to play. We have some kids and some people that may have had difficulty coming up with the $45 and another $10-15 may have put them over the top.

We'll do a season ending poll and gauge the interest in doing a higher prize league.

Should just roll anyone who wants to stay and do this another year at that point. Then we won't have as many issues going into the season. Part of the issue that has caused all the heart ache was how last minute this was. Not that its big deal, but it is causing lots of heartaches. The OM/NPN leagues were usually put together in the begining of August, so we were 2 to 3 weeks behind. I think this will work and we just need to keep it rolling and improve it from here.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Btw do waiver moves cost? I've been looking around trying to find out if they do but havent been able to see anything that talks about it.

$5.00 per move for you. But don't tell anyone else, I don't want them to know you're getting special treatment.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Should just roll anyone who wants to stay and do this another year at that point. Then we won't have as many issues going into the season. Part of the issue that has caused all the heart ache was how last minute this was. Not that its big deal, but it is causing lots of heartaches. The OM/NPN leagues were usually put together in the begining of August, so we were 2 to 3 weeks behind. I think this will work and we just need to keep it rolling and improve it from here.

I tend to agree that we should wait until next year prior to making any changes. There are going to be people that don't like it one way or the other, I get that.

Either way there are going to be people that are upset with how the waiver wire works. That I'm willing to bet on.

But I do agree. We'll take the input, put it in our back pocket, and remember it for next year.

Starting the 1st of August is also a good idea Missing. I would have much rather had the draft a week earlier. Room for improvement next year, no doubt.

DeuceOfClub
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Sorry if I'm bombarding you guys with questions...
If you don't have the time or not sure about answering me I'll understand.

Back to waivers: (all times are EST)
HAT dropped the Bengals defense on Tuesday 10:22:42 a.m. and they were locked for two days.
Now, two days later they are still shown in the Locked-list. with the locked-until column state: Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 (1 hour ago). And are unavailable as a FA.
this also clash with the Wednesday @ midnight waiver cycle theory that was suggested...

It could be just a pre-week 1 thing or maybe I didn't understand exactly...

Don't get me wrong, I do not want their Sorry-Ass-Defense, I was just following it to better understand the system.

every input will be appreciated, thanks.

missingnumber7
09-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I tend to agree that we should wait until next year prior to making any changes. There are going to be people that don't like it one way or the other, I get that.

Either way there are going to be people that are upset with how the waiver wire works. That I'm willing to bet on.

But I do agree. We'll take the input, put it in our back pocket, and remember it for next year.

Starting the 1st of August is also a good idea Missing. I would have much rather had the draft a week earlier. Room for improvement next year, no doubt.

I'm not a web techie guy, but if we had someone to do that kinda stuff and someone to run the league that would be awesome. And I'm sure that we could probably get another whole league like we had in 07 again. Shoot there was the Omane/NPN and the Maniax and another league.

HAT
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Probably just a pre week 1 deal deuce since everyone is 0-0.

Most of my leagues have gone like this:

From the end of the weeks games until Wednesday night, you can put available players on your waiver wire list.

At Wednesday night at midnight, the software goes through each team's list (according to the sort order in the by-laws) and completes all waiver wire activity for the week. Once that is complete, any player not claimed is available as a FA, first come first served.

Any player that a team dropped in order to add someone else via the waiver wire...That player becomes a FA at midnight on Friday.

Using the proper worst to first sort order does not penalize you for being good or drafting well. There will be plenty of surprise players, injury replacements & strategy pick ups available. I'm in a running 16 league team and there have been weeks in the past where I was 14th in line and still got exactly who I wanted off of the WW.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
This is correct. There were only three waiver requests as of midnight so I waited and gave everyone the morning before processing. The issue right now is that we haven't gone through week one. After week one everything will stabilize. I put up a league article that covers the exact wording of Waiver Wire Rules.

As for maintaining your waiver wire priority and changing the system Doggcow, wasn't that you that was saying we shouldn't change anything after the draft? I agree with that point btw, unless we have an overwhelming majority or a technical issue that must be resolved, I don't think we should change anything.

Case in point, the league scoring had to be tweaked this morning. The issue was with regard to Defensive scoring and sacks. The intent was for each sack to be scored as 1 point. 5 sacks would result in a 3 point bonus, so your defense's 5th sack would be 8 points total. The way the values were entered, 5 sacks scored your defense 8 points, but 6 sacks would go back to 6 points (point for sack). I was able to adjust the values so that it met the intent of the bonus for 5 sacks, and each additional sack would result in a point but not override the bonus... confused yet?

Anyhow, those are the only changes we should make unless we have a 24 owner decision to change something b/c it's not acceptable without an immediate change.

Probably just a pre week 1 deal deuce since everyone is 0-0.

Most of my leagues have gone like this:

From the end of the weeks games until Wednesday night, you can put available players on your waiver wire list.

At Wednesday night at midnight, the software goes through each team's list (according to the sort order in the by-laws) and completes all waiver wire activity for the week. Once that is complete, any player not claimed is available as a FA, first come first served.

Any player that a team dropped in order to add someone else via the waiver wire...That player becomes a FA at midnight on Friday.

Using the proper worst to first sort order does not penalize you for being good or drafting well. There will be plenty of surprise players, injury replacements & strategy pick ups available. I'm in a running 16 league team and there have been weeks in the past where I was 14th in line and still got exactly who I wanted off of the WW.

underrated29
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I missed this the first time around and just have to ask what kind of bush-leagues have you been playing in?

If you drop somebody to pick up a waiver wire replacement....The dropped player becomes FA the minute the WW period is over. WTF?

I guess I do not understand your question here.

My big $$ leagues do not have a waiver at all. If someone is dropped anyone can pick them up. If somone surprised like craig buster davis for the bolts anyone can add him. Obviously, things are locked until the morning after the last game, but after that. First come first served.-----is that what you were getting at?

In some leagues, I have seen people drop a stud player because they are on bye week, adding a new player, and fully knowing that once the games are over they will be able to add the stud player again because of the wiaver system......I personally am not a fan of that. If you drop a stud, expect someone else to nab him.

Im fine with how things are now, just not my first choice. Kinda like why I would rather drive a truck then a van. Both would work, I just prefer trucks.

underrated29
09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
BTW, Suck My Tebow has absolutely no chance against me this week... LOL :)

Thats what I like to hear. LOL.

Except this time I have manning, and not brady. There will be no beating me this week. I still am pissed you beat me for the championship, my revenge is upon you.

HAT
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I guess I do not understand your question here.

My big $$ leagues do not have a waiver at all. If someone is dropped anyone can pick them up. If somone surprised like craig buster davis for the bolts anyone can add him. Obviously, things are locked until the morning after the last game, but after that. First come first served.-----is that what you were getting at?

In some leagues, I have seen people drop a stud player because they are on bye week, adding a new player, and fully knowing that once the games are over they will be able to add the stud player again because of the wiaver system......I personally am not a fan of that. If you drop a stud, expect someone else to nab him.

Im fine with how things are now, just not my first choice. Kinda like why I would rather drive a truck then a van. Both would work, I just prefer trucks.

I guess I didn't understand yours either. :wiggle:

I thought you were opposed to a 'worst to first' waiver wire set up thinking that a last place team could drop one of his studs on a bye week knowing he will get 1st waiver wire rights next week......But that's not how it works.

On most of the commercial sites, ESPN, CBS, etc....Any player a team drops in order to pick up someone else on waivers on Wednesday....The dropped player becomes a FA on Friday night (first come, first served)

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Haha, there have been like two emails from the OM conference. We are going to so roll those tired slackers. They don't want it enough.

They are all Alphonso Smiths with their weak efforts. We're gonna rename your conference the Alphonso Smith Conference. You can have the IHOP, Travis Henry and Dale Carter Divisions! ;D

My thoughts exactly!

Here's what I think of those poor bastards in the wrong conference ... I DELETE them, every one.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/394/deletefantasy.jpg

It's as if they never even existed ... :pimp:

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Thats what I like to hear. LOL.

Except this time I have manning, and not brady. There will be no beating me this week. I still am pissed you beat me for the championship, my revenge is upon you.

I have Breesus! It's a Wash.

QB - Brees | Manning - Wash

RB - Shonn Greene (v balt is bad tho...) and Addai | Marion Barber (Hopefully Wash still has Haynesworth) and LeSean McCoy (In a Passing offense, vs GB?) - I win pretty handily here I think.

WR- Lee Evans and Robert Meachem | Randy Moss and Malcolm Floyd - You got me here, but if Meachem or Lee gets a long one... You might not

Flex - Jahvid Best | Johnney Knox - Got you dead to rights

TE - Gresham | Miller (with Dixon? :P) - more a wash, but I think I may have a slight advantage.

D - SD vs KC | Your Cinci D plays your Best chance to catch me Randy Moss XD

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM

I have Brees in the good conference, but looking back, it was a bad pick at #1.7

I say that because McNabb and Orton both lasted until the 11th-freaking round. Sure Brees is better, but I could've had an elite RB like Steven Jackson, Michael Turner or Frank Gore at 1.7.

Right now I would gladly trade Brees and Larry Johnson for Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb.

underrated29
09-09-2010, 12:02 PM

RB - Shonn Greene (v balt is bad tho...) and Addai | Marion Barber (Hopefully Wash still has Haynesworth) and LeSean McCoy (In a Passing offense, vs GB?) - I win pretty handily here I think.

WR- Lee Evans and Robert Meachem | Randy Moss and Malcolm Floyd - You got me here, but if Meachem or Lee gets a long one... You might not

Flex - Jahvid Best | Johnney Knox - Got you dead to rights

TE - Gresham | Miller (with Dixon? :P) - more a wash, but I think I may have a slight advantage.

D - SD vs KC | Your Cinci D plays your Best chance to catch me Randy Moss XD

pretty fair assesment.

Dont forget though that while GB has a good Run D. My boy lesean is going to get me points in the pass game. 2ppr-he should rack this up quite a bit. And this game IMO is going to be a shootout. I like it when my players are involved in shootouts.

It will be a close one for sure, and like last year, probably be either of us going the distance. Just we both got a few really good defenses to start the year. They favor me, but I think it will be closer than that. Probably really close.

I still cant decide if I should sit knox, and start reggie bush, thus negating any passing that brees does too him. But the lions pass D is so pathetic, that I am still leaning toward johhnny.

underrated29
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
I have Brees in the good conference, but looking back, it was a bad pick at #1.7

I say that because McNabb and Orton both lasted until the 11th-freaking round. Sure Brees is better, but I could've had an elite RB like Steven Jackson, Michael Turner or Frank Gore at 1.7.

Right now I would gladly trade Brees and Larry Johnson for Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb.

I wish you were in my conference because I think that would be a stupid trade, and I would love to take advantage of that. ( but I do think KO will have a really big year)

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
pretty fair assesment.

Dont forget though that while GB has a good Run D. My boy lesean is going to get me points in the pass game. 2ppr-he should rack this up quite a bit. And this game IMO is going to be a shootout. I like it when my players are involved in shootouts.

It will be a close one for sure, and like last year, probably be either of us going the distance. Just we both got a few really good defenses to start the year. They favor me, but I think it will be closer than that. Probably really close.

I still cant decide if I should sit knox, and start reggie bush, thus negating any passing that brees does too him. But the lions pass D is so pathetic, that I am still leaning toward johhnny.

He's going Meachem all day :D

Serioulsy though, if Meachem catches a 50yarder its over tonight :P

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I wish you were in my conference because I think that would be a stupid trade, and I would love to take advantage of that. ( but I do think KO will have a really big year)

If you had Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb ... you would gladly trade them for Drew Brees and Larry Johnson?

Maybe I wish I was in your conference after all ... :~ohyah!:

worm
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Really? Frank Gore is going to be a monster this year in this format. I actually like the 49ers as a team this year a lot.

He was taken at 1.3 in your draft (a little early IMO) but 1.11 in our draft was fantastic value.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM

I was the 11th pick. I fully planned on taking an elite signal caller. The RB tier falls off dramatically after Sjax IMO.

I had no shot at any RB's that were in my top 7, and still got my next highest RB (Greene) in the next round.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Really? Frank Gore is going to be a monster this year in this format. I actually like the 49ers as a team this year a lot.

He was taken at 1.3 in your draft (a little early IMO) but 1.11 in our draft was fantastic value.

I would have killed for Gore at 11... Lol

underrated29
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM

oh yeah that is insane that he fell to 11. I was picking at 12 and would have been sweating bullets had he made it one more pick.

But like doggcow, i had every intention of taking 1 of the big 3 (rodgers,brees,manning) with my first unless someone fell to me.

But gore and mcnabb IMO is not worth brees and LJ---at leas for my team. I am set at RB for now, nothing great but nothing terrible...

And I think the scoring fromat favors QBs a lot more than the RBs. If manning does one of his normal 13 yard td passes to wayne or whoever, that td is worth 9 pts to me. And he does those a lot!!

underrated29
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I was the 11th pick. I fully planned on taking an elite signal caller. The RB tier falls off dramatically after Sjax IMO.

I had no shot at any RB's that were in my top 7, and still got my next highest RB (Greene) in the next round.

yep you think like i do...except I had moss still on the board, I figured I had to take him over green and mendenhall.----1 50 yard td from him and thats worth like...i dont know but probably 14 points or something.

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I think the format favors QBs a lot more than the RBs.

If it's heavily weighted QB over RB ... then maybe. But I'm still doubting it.

But gore and mcnabb IMO is not worth brees and LJ

Agreed. McNabb could realistically rack up 75-80% of Brees' numbers, especially in that Donovan's in a new and better system, while Brees (and Reggie) are in a let-down phase.

PLUS an elite RB with Gore ... that's just too much.

What about LJ you ask? I just waived him an hour ago, and nobody's rushing in to sign him.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 03:20 PM
yep you think like i do...except I had moss still on the board, I figured I had to take him over green and mendenhall.----1 50 yard td from him and thats worth like...i dont know but probably 14 points or something.

I just had a hard on for greene because of his defense, and they rushed the ball like 600 times last year :)

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Btw, a 51Yd TD is worth: Yards 2.something, TD 6, Long TD 6, Long Play 2... Thats a 14point TD. I expect Brees to throw a few of those with his speedy WR corps.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
IBtw, a 51Yd TD is worth: Yards 2.something, TD 6, Long TD 6, Long Play 2... Thats a 14point TD. I expect Brees to throw a few of those with his speedy WR corps.

I don't think there is a 2 point long play bonus... if there is, it was an accidental oversight. Obviously will stay the way it is, but I am pretty sure I removed that a while back.

But the main point is, a long TD gets you some nice points!

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 03:30 PM
I

I don't think there is a 2 point long play bonus... if there is, it was an accidental oversight. Obviously will stay the way it is, but I am pretty sure I removed that a while back.

But the main point is, a long TD gets you some nice points!

Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards 0-99 2 points each Test

Did I read this right? And... Do we have to worry about monitoring this? this is one of those hard to monitor stats I think lol

underrated29
09-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Btw, a 51Yd TD is worth: Yards 2.something, TD 6, Long TD 6, Long Play 2... Thats a 14point TD. I expect Brees to throw a few of those with his speedy WR corps.

And whats manning chopped liver?

Plus Johnny fast as **** knox against the DET defense with mike martz and Jay cutler calling the shots.......

Im thinking I see this one player put you down for the count.

oh and Rivers did that all day to VJ, but now its floyd instead. Look for the trend to continue. Esp against the Chiefs defense.

I will say that brees does scare me this game though, and the minny pass d blows.

Doggcow
09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
And whats manning chopped liver?

Plus Johnny fast as **** knox against the DET defense with mike martz and Jay cutler calling the shots.......

Im thinking I see this one player put you down for the count.

oh and Rivers did that all day to VJ, but now its floyd instead. Look for the trend to continue. Esp against the Chiefs defense.

I will say that brees does scare me this game though, and the minny pass d blows.

Right, and Gaffney will just fill in for Marshall and we wont miss a step :spit:

DeuceOfClub
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
This made me chuckle: (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=207&W=1)

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 14, 2010) Coming up in a week 1 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football intra-divisional classic, the 0-0 Raiders SUCK challenge the 0-0 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron.
<TABLE class=articlepicturetable align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://www99.myfantasyleague.com/player_photos_big/7236_thumb.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TH class=articlecaption>Antonio Gates (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7236)</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), Raiders SUCK can expect a 25 point effort from Antonio Gates (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7236) in week 1, who is expected to get by the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 100 receiving yards and 1 receiving TDs.
"<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var previewWeek = 1;</SCRIPT> That's the key to the game (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)," Raiders SUCK coach DeuceofClub said.
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 27 point effort from Tony Romo (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7260) in week 1, who is expected to beat the Washington Redskins defense for 305 passing yards and 2 passing TDs in addition to 5 rushing yards.
"The intangibles will be the key," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.
This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a epic battle.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards 0-99 2 points each Test

Did I read this right? And... Do we have to worry about monitoring this? this is one of those hard to monitor stats I think lol

Yes, you have to keep your stats by hand and round to the nearest tenth... the system is just for looks ;)

/Sarc

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
This made me chuckle: (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=207&W=1)

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 14, 2010) Coming up in a week 1 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football intra-divisional classic, the 0-0 Raiders SUCK challenge the 0-0 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron.
<TABLE class=articlepicturetable align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://www99.myfantasyleague.com/player_photos_big/7236_thumb.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TH class=articlecaption>Antonio Gates (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7236)</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), Raiders SUCK can expect a 25 point effort from Antonio Gates (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7236) in week 1, who is expected to get by the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 100 receiving yards and 1 receiving TDs.
"<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var previewWeek = 1;</SCRIPT> That's the key to the game (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)," Raiders SUCK coach DeuceofClub said.
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com (http://www.fantasysharks.com/), BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 27 point effort from Tony Romo (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/player?L=12936&P=7260) in week 1, who is expected to beat the Washington Redskins defense for 305 passing yards and 2 passing TDs in addition to 5 rushing yards.
"The intangibles will be the key," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.
This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a epic battle.

I love that... I think Gates will do very well for you. TE bonuses plus he's their go to receiver. The only thing I think will hurt you this week is your tough matchups at RB.

underrated29
09-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Right, and Gaffney will just fill in for Marshall and we wont miss a step :spit:

I wouldnt be surprised....

BTW-11 pts per player- not bad, except that brees is supposed to be your big hitter.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I wouldnt be surprised....

BTW-11 pts per player- not bad, except that brees is supposed to be your big hitter.

That dropped TD hurt you and Ky Lax Girl... you worse than her though since she only had Meachem. He makes that catch and its probably worth 15-18 points for you.

Gonna take me a little while to get used to these scores. I seem to remember scoring 150 pretty consistently and if you have a super bad ass team you could get into the 170's. Philly, Med, CBF1, APA, STG, and of you guys remember what we were scoring consistently in '08 with these rules?

underrated29
09-09-2010, 11:06 PM
That dropped TD hurt you and Ky Lax Girl... you worse than her though since she only had Meachem. He makes that catch and its probably worth 15-18 points for you.

Gonna take me a little while to get used to these scores. I seem to remember scoring 150 pretty consistently and if you have a super bad ass team you could get into the 170's. Philly, Med, CBF1, APA, STG, and of you guys remember what we were scoring consistently in '08 with these rules?

You mean hurt me... I was pissing my pants when I saw that. Thank god meachum dropped it. He is the one with brees and meachum. otherwise you are right, easily another 15 points for him. he would then have 37 points from 2 players which is about 18.5 each. That is pretty good numbers.

Luckily he didnt, and I am going to whoop that ass.

BroncoBuff
09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Somewhere Beezer is purring, probably little drunk too ... I have Brees and I'm playing mock.

Broncoman13
09-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Somewhere Beezer is purring, probably little drunk too ... I have Brees and I'm playing mock.

You should trade him now while he still has some value... what'cha have in mind? Romo and Spiller for Brees?

Doggcow
09-10-2010, 12:30 AM
You mean hurt me... I was pissing my pants when I saw that. Thank god meachum dropped it. He is the one with brees and meachum. otherwise you are right, easily another 15 points for him. he would then have 37 points from 2 players which is about 18.5 each. That is pretty good numbers.

Luckily he didnt, and I am going to whoop that ass.

Oh well.

**** luck.

Can't do anything about that.

Mediator12
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
No one else Started Shiancoe last night? Too BaD ;D

Broncoman13
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
No one else Started Shiancoe last night? Too BaD ;D

I kind of figured Shank woudl have a good game. Nobody else to throw to. Harvin looked like crap!!!

Br0nc0Buster
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I am seriously thinking of benching Shonne Greene for Jerome Harrison tomorrow
Is that nuts?

I have to start 2 RBs between Greene, Jammaal Charles, Moreno, Harrison, and Felix Jones

I am seriously thinking about going Charles and Harrison because Tampas run D was garbage last year and I dont see the Jets scoring that much at all against the Ravens

underrated29
09-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I am seriously thinking of benching Shonne Greene for Jerome Harrison tomorrow
Is that nuts?

I have to start 2 RBs between Greene, Jammaal Charles, Moreno, Harrison, and Felix Jones

I am seriously thinking about going Charles and Harrison because Tampas run D was garbage last year and I dont see the Jets scoring that much at all against the Ravens

Are you in my division or the other one?

If you are in the other division bench greene and start harrison. Both will probably see the same amount of touches, but harrison like you said has the softer defense.

If you are in my division, def start greene.

Broncoman13
09-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Are you in my division or the other one?

If you are in the other division bench greene and start harrison. Both will probably see the same amount of touches, but harrison like you said has the softer defense.

If you are in my division, def start greene.

He must be in your division, I have Harrison and am starting him in three leagues. One of those late round guys that could turn into a steal!

Br0nc0Buster
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I am in neither division, I just assumed this was a general thread I didnt realize it was just about guys in the OM fantasy league

but I am gonna play Harrison tho and bench Greene

underrated29
09-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I am in neither division, I just assumed this was a general thread I didnt realize it was just about guys in the OM fantasy league

Good choice.

I'm starting harrison in one of my leagues too.

theAPAOps5
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM

Feel free to join in the discussion you don't have to be in the league to participate.

Broncoman13
09-11-2010, 10:47 PM
The one I am struggling with is Knowshon, CJ Spiller, or Harrison... Started Pierre Thomas Thursday nigh... 14 points for me!

So Spiller is electric and could have a couple long runs. Dolphins D should be improved, bit by how much? I see Spiller 12 carriers for 45 yards and one TD. I would also guess he'll have 3 or 4 catches for 25-35 yards. That would give hi. About 13 points for the rook. It aslo wouldn't surprise to se him breAk one for 40,yards so I have the going.

Jerome Harrison will probably get the mosh carries. Somewhere in the. Ballpark guess would be 24. That will put him over 100 and if he scores, it will be from 15-50 out. Lots of potential there. Project him at 24 carries, one long TD (25 yards ). Could quickly give me a 19 point week

Knowshon could get limited reps coming back from injury... Almost put him on the IR for week one. I am guessing 11 carries for 41 yards and a TD. Another 20 yards on 3 receptions. TotL of 11 points.

Doggcow
09-12-2010, 12:52 AM
The one I am struggling with is Knowshon, CJ Spiller, or Harrison... Started Pierre Thomas Thursday nigh... 14 points for me!

So Spiller is electric and could have a couple long runs. Dolphins D should be improved, bit by how much? I see Spiller 12 carriers for 45 yards and one TD. I would also guess he'll have 3 or 4 catches for 25-35 yards. That would give hi. About 13 points for the rook. It aslo wouldn't surprise to se him breAk one for 40,yards so I have the going.

Jerome Harrison will probably get the mosh carries. Somewhere in the. Ballpark guess would be 24. That will put him over 100 and if he scores, it will be from 15-50 out. Lots of potential there. Project him at 24 carries, one long TD (25 yards ). Could quickly give me a 19 point week

Knowshon could get limited reps coming back from injury... Almost put him on the IR for week one. I am guessing 11 carries for 41 yards and a TD. Another 20 yards on 3 receptions. TotL of 11 points.

Isaac Redman will outscore them. Ill trade you him for a TE/WR if you want

underrated29
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM

you are in our division, so I am not saying, but I def know who I would start.

and I will one up you from doggcow. I will trade you the man, the myth, the legend. They guy your momma warned you about. DERRICK WARD! for a TE.

Now that is a smoking deal!

OBF1
09-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Jesus christ... our scoring system is fu cked up. Arian Foster goes for a team record and 2nd highest rushing yard total on opening day ever AND scores 3 TD's, yet is out pointed by not only Matt Forte, but Peyton Manning as well. This year is going to suck huge.

PS: So much for all the talk about Jerome Harrison going anywhere.

Mediator12
09-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Jesus christ... our scoring system is fu cked up. Arian Foster goes for a team record and 2nd highest rushing yard total on opening day ever AND scores 3 TD's, yet is out pointed by not only Matt Forte, but Peyton Manning as well. This year is going to suck huge.

PS: So much for all the talk about Jerome Harrison going anywhere.

No, its not messed up. It is no longer a RB driven league. This was mentioned many times BEFORE the draft. Passing is more valued than running because that is what is important in the NFL! Big play players are more valued than guys who steal goalline carries.

Oh and he still scored 50 points CBF1!!! He had a huge day. So quit your crying and pay attention to the league scoring when you draft ;D

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
These are our big-headed, power junkie commissioners! Is this the first time you've been in charge of anything in your life McApa? Is that why you decide to be such an ass? Too much "power" for you to handle? LOL

Get off your high horse, it's fantasy football. I paid my league fees, I have a right to an opinion.

Or we can just tell him that there are no penalties or fees for pickups. I mean he provides such "constructive criticism" :spit:

I'll CC him on the next message! LOL

You can answer him or you can tell him to find the answers the same way everyone else has found them. I'm leaning toward telling him to keep on looking. ;D

Are we paying for pickups? How is the waiver working? Etc...

Ready the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went through the rules, bylaws, everything. Nothing addresses if there are fees or penalties for pickups.

If it does, I can't find it on this godforsaken site. So I'm just asking professionally for a straight up answer.

No need to be butthurt that your site is worse than your fantasy team. LOL

LOL nice reply! But I won't be sitting Welker or Manning again. Enjoy your one year playing Orangemane FF!

And (I think he accidentally CC'd me this, with his elite interweb skills -they're on display in our horrible fantasy site-)

Well this is what the little douche had to say! So I no one person who is a 1 and done player!

No need to be butthurt that your site is worse than your fantasy team. LOL

Broncoman13
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Doggcow, have you noticed the league poll or league articles that were posted before the season begsn? All you have to do is look and you will find your answers.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
These are our big-headed, power junkie commissioners! Is this the first time you've been in charge of anything in your life McApa? Is that why you decide to be such an ass? Too much "power" for you to handle? LOL

Get off your high horse, it's fantasy football. I paid my league fees, I have a right to an opinion.

And (I think he accidentally CC'd me this, with his elite interweb skills -they're on display in our horrible fantasy site-)

Its nearly impossible to accidentally CC someone, FYI. The fact that you think that just made it that much more funny!

Did you ever stop to think that you may be seeing these PM's for a reason? Bet you didn't....

I am just treating you with the same respect you are treating us. It has nothing to do with "power". All you do is slam things and how they are run. You are disrespectful in how you address things. So you get what you give my friend.

But thanks for the laugh!

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 06:31 PM
I am to the point where I am about to refund your money and just let someone take over your league. As all I see you do is complain and attack us, then play the victim card.

And I am still laughing at the accidentally CC comment. Man you aren't too bright aren't you!

Broncoman13
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
calling on Mediator. If you remember our conversation the other day, please do your "Thang" man!

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I am to the point where I am about to refund your money and just let someone take over your league. As all I see you do is complain and attack us, then play the victim card.

And I am still laughing at the accidentally CC comment. Man you aren't too bright aren't you!

I asked an HONEST question.

So you go and make fun of me behind my back because of a flaw with YOUR league.

I wasn't slamming anything, in fact, I hadn't until you started attacking me AGAIN.

All you have done is attack me and hype how wonderful the league site is... When it really isn't. I'm not alone in that opinion.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I asked an HONEST question.

So you go and make fun of me behind my back because of a flaw with YOUR league.

I wasn't slamming anything, in fact, I hadn't until you started attacking me AGAIN.

All you have done is attack me and hype how wonderful the league site is... When it really isn't. I'm not alone in that opinion.

Look man the way you "question" the league is through snide comments. Its how you have acted from day one when you started complaining. You might think its harmless but you come across as a whiner and douche.

Fact is Alex and myself aren't the only ones who have noticed.

And from what I can tell you are the only one who is b****ing. Others have criticisms and they are valid and the site has flaws but they go about it in a different way.

And let me clue you in on something, we don't sit around and make fun of you. You sent a PM to Alex with another snide remark so we decided to throw out some PM's with you CC'd treating you with the same respect.

Yeah it may be immature but we had to go down to your level.

To address the site, we took over the site that had been set up by others who no longer participate here anymore. To fix it and make it look perfect in a short amount of time would cost over $150.00. Seeing your gripes about the league and what not I think you would have just cried more. So we can agree that wasn't an option.

So we have to work with what we have. Next year now that we will have time to switch things up and really dig in without being up against the wall will be smoother.

We may look at other options too. So you see we understand there are issues and I am not upset that you don't like the site. I think you are incredibly disrespectful about how you complain. So I treat you the same way.

Is it right on my end, no. But thats how I react sometimes.

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Look man the way you "question" the league is through snide comments. Its how you have acted from day one when you started complaining. You might think its harmless but you come across as a whiner and douche.

Fact is Alex and myself aren't the only ones who have noticed.

And let me clue you in on something, we don't sit around and make fun of you. You sent a PM to Alex with another snide remark so we decided to throw out some PM's with you CC'd treating you with the same respect.

Yeah it may be immature but we had to go down to your level.

You've attacked me RIGHT OFF THE BAT for saying the league had flaws. When it does. Calling me a douche doesn't bandage the gaping wound that is the HINES WARD leagues draft engine, or the other problems it has.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 08:03 PM
You've attacked me RIGHT OFF THE BAT for saying the league had flaws. When it does. Calling me a douche doesn't bandage the gaping wound that is the HINES WARD leagues draft engine, or the other problems it has.

You just don't get it, thats fine I understand some people just can't criticize in a productive manner. You are one of those. Maybe you are immature or maybe you are just a jerk about things you don't like.

As for this little spat I am done with it. Your question was answered and in case you missed it here it is again:

You won't get charged or penalized for Waiver moves. You paid a fee to play and its a one time fee.

I did admit I handled things wrong at first and you admitted you deliberately came across passive aggressive in your criticism. So I am not sure why you are upset.

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
You just don't get it, thats fine I understand some people just can't criticize in a productive manner. You are one of those. Maybe you are immature or maybe you are just a jerk about things you don't like.

As for this little spat I am done with it. Your question was answered and in case you missed it here it is again:

You won't get charged or penalized for Waiver moves. You paid a fee to play and its a one time fee.

See, there you go again attacking me and deflecting.

Until my quote post I NEVER made a personal attack on you.(well, other than pointing our your teams production this week...) I ONLY criticized the site. You have pounced on me at every opportunity.

But I guess I'm the bad guy for that, since I don't have league-ban power. Which you've been flaunting at every opportunity.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
You aren't getting banned! yet*

We are considering refunding your money though because you are so unhappy.

Finally, you are attacking both Alex and myself by criticizing the site in the way you do. You may not think you are but sitting on the other end it comes across pretty personal.

To use your favorite quote:

We aren't the only ones who noticed that.

*thats what someone calls a joke

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
You aren't getting banned! yet*

We are considering refunding your money though because you are so unhappy.

Finally, you are attacking both Alex and myself by criticizing the site in the way you do. You may not think you are but sitting on the other end it comes across pretty personal.

To use your favorite quote:

We aren't the only ones who noticed that.

*thats what someone calls a joke

Im not unhappy. I just had a question!

I assumed we would pay waiver fees due to the extras in the league (to pay for survivor pool and picks and stuff) so when I couldn't find it anywhere, I thought I was missing it.

I read the league rules like 20 times looking for it, because I was sure we were gonna pay for them, that's why I kept asking.

I have no problems with the league anymore. I've figured it out and worked my way around it. I can live with it. Which is why I hadn't been complaining (I wasn't intentionally complaining when I asked the question, I just wanted to know.)

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Ok well I for one am a fan of only charging a one time fee for FF and not anything more.

So its not going to cost you any more. The survivor pool is just another way to try to add some value to the site and add some games within the game.

So hopefully this latest spat will die off now, hope your two remaining players come through for you!

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok well I for one am a fan of only charging a one time fee for FF and not anything more.

So its not going to cost you any more. The survivor pool is just another way to try to add some value to the site and add some games within the game.

So hopefully this latest spat will die off now, hope your two remaining players come through for you!

I dont. I want waiver position if it doesn't cost me anything!

Lookin at the bright side.

Since Peyton's Collie TD cost me 20 points...

I just hope Greene didn't lose his job to L ****ing T. What a fag.

underrated29
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM

I am glad they didnt. Unless the bolts D, racks up some dtds, and my boy floyd sucks testies, I think he will get his wish, and i will get my revenge.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Well I got a great waiver wire position, as in #1

Now should I pick up Austin Collie or David Garrard? Hmmmmmm

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I am glad they didnt. Unless the bolts D, racks up some dtds, and my boy floyd sucks testies, I think he will get his wish, and i will get my revenge.

Lol I've gotten ****ed sideways this week.

Im fortunate to even have a chance with the 1 yd fall downs and ****.

I just hope Shonn didn't lose his job.

Doggcow
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Lol How stupid am I for playing the SD defense over the KC Defense. ****.

underrated29
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM

I did the same in another league of mine. But seriously, the cheifs? WTF?

I think the rain is helping them, which is cool with me. i hate the chargers

Mediator12
09-14-2010, 06:53 AM

Weather was a HUGE factor in that success last night. The rain changed the gameplans and KC had a much better pass rush with the poor footing. PLUS, SD' dfense is way overrrated. They are going to get schooled this year by good offenses and I hope Rivers gets killed too ;D

missingnumber7
09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Are we really forced to wait until 10 pm to make any free agent adds?

Dos Rios
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Pretty proud I could simultaneously pick the highest number of winners and also get knocked out of the survivor. Thanks for showing up for the season, 49ers.

DomCasual
09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I have to admit. After all the work Apa has put in getting this going, I felt kind of bad having to kick his ass in week one.

Broncoman13
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Are we really forced to wait until 10 pm to make any free agent adds?

Look on the league page... article up to answer all of your questions... I HOPE.

bowtown
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Look on the league page... article up to answer all of your questions... I HOPE.

What's a league page? What does it mean when I click on stuff and other stuff happens? I never learned to reeeeeeead. Why can't I trade for Drew Brees and Chris Johnson. I want coring set so I win. How does that happen? This webSite is teh dumbs.

Broncoman13
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
What's a league page? What does it mean when I click on stuff and other stuff happens? I never learned to reeeeeeead. Why can't I trade for Drew Brees and Chris Johnson. I want coring set so I win. How does that happen? This webSite is teh dumbs.

Calm down Dogg. ;D

missingnumber7
09-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Sorry was just grumbling cuz I dont wanna be dealing with my computer at 10 or 11 depending on weather its mountain or central.

Bad Reflexes
09-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Ah... so this is where all the league chat goes on! Hi All... glad to be here!

worm
09-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Ah... so this is where all the league chat goes on! Hi All... glad to be here!

I wouldn't call it 'league chat' as much as I would call it two kids sitting in a sandbox eating mudpies before preschool. :welcome:

theAPAOps5
09-14-2010, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't call it 'league chat' as much as I would call it two kids sitting in a sandbox eating mudpies before preschool. :welcome:

LOL no **** but its more throwing the mud pies. Sorry the thread got derailed for a bit what was supposed to be private got turned into public! Its all good now no more hissy fits!

worm
09-15-2010, 12:09 AM
LOL no **** but its more throwing the mud pies. Sorry the thread got derailed for a bit what was supposed to be private got turned into public! Its all good now no more hissy fits!

No worries bro. Its all good. Hopefully this can stay fun for you and Alex even while doing the work to provide the OM a league once again.

This has been a great league in the past and is an awesome asset to this site.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
No worries bro. Its all good. Hopefully this can stay fun for you and Alex even while doing the work to provide the OM a league once again.

This has been a great league in the past and is an awesome asset to this site.

It will get better and next year it won't be so last minute where we are scrambling trying to get log ins and trying to get in contact with Pez who won't return messages!

Bad Reflexes
09-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Well... I'm new here... but I've been playing fantasy football since *shhh* before the internet sites! When everything was done by hand & phone! Your waiver position was "the position of your message on the answering machine"... lol I **** you not...

My take (now that I got my bearings):

1. The Site is actually very cool... I have never seen one that could run 2 leagues simultaneously like this one! CBS & ESPN got nothing like this!

2. The Scoring is VERY cool... I love it that you guys have managed to make "elite" players "elite"... regardless of position! The endless "let's see who can draft the best Running Back Duo" leagues are boring as hell IMHO. Not positive, but I doubt ESPN, CBS, NFL, Yahoo... etc... yada yada can support this scoring system either!

3. Everything is easier once you find the "My Team" tab... ROFL... geesh

I've played on several different sites and I have to give this one a grade of A- (with A+ potential)... Seriously! It has the ability to run leagues other platforms simply can't!... for a variety of reasons! I'm more than willing to sacrifice a little flash and learn a different system for the added flexibility!

I dig it!

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I brought the whole Waiver/FA thing into play earlier because the exact same thing happened to me in 2008. I scored a season high in week 1 and won my first 2 games. Then, I lost my top RB to injury and could never get a spot to replace him...

So, in essence, I lose the ability to replace him because I did well the first week, but I struggled the whole rest of the season without that RB.

In my mind, the Waivers should resort to first spot to anyone who loses a player to injury the previous week. Then, you can go off record.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Well I think it will just cause confusion this year to switch it again Med but we can definitely talk about that next season, unless there is a huge demand for it now.

Broncoman13
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I am not against that. Will keep that in mind for next year for sure. I think a free for all the whole way through is the best option. You want the player, you get on line and grab him the second FA opens. That is what I did to get Jackson in another league.

I brought the whole Waiver/FA thing into play earlier because the exact same thing happened to me in 2008. I scored a season high in week 1 and won my first 2 games. Then, I lost my top RB to injury and could never get a spot to replace him...

So, in essence, I lose the ability to replace him because I did well the first week, but I struggled the whole rest of the season without that RB.

In my mind, the Waivers should resort to first spot to anyone who loses a player to injury the previous week. Then, you can go off record.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I am in a big money league at work and we have to bid on the players you want. You get 10,000 "fantasy" dollars to start the season. So you have to budget to make moves but if you do lose a big player and one is there you can spend to make sure you get the top spot.

This method allows a free for all with a system and methodology might be worth considering for next year.

Mediator12
09-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I am not against that. Will keep that in mind for next year for sure. I think a free for all the whole way through is the best option. You want the player, you get on line and grab him the second FA opens. That is what I did to get Jackson in another league.

Luckily, I saw that GB only had 2 RB's on the roster after I traded for Grant. I picked him up Right away and dropped sproles in order to get at least one solid handcuff. However, handcuffs can absolutely kill you in this league if their is no injury to the starter.

This is just an observation for later. No need to panic. I just think it is not a good way to do things going forward.

underrated29
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
What I dont like is the locked players thing...Here is my cunundrum.

I have a waiver in for a "locked" player, and am going to drop derrick ward to pick them up. But I have to wait for the player to unlock.

At the same time there is a Free agent I wanted...Brandon lloyd. In order for me to have been able to sign brandon I would have had to drop a backup of mine.

Problem is- If I drop my backup for lloyd and my waiver does not go through then I am really screwed, as I have no backup. But if I wait for the player on waivers to unlock, then I will get screwed in Free agency, which I already have as someone else can sign him, which they did. I know it may sound like whining, but I am not.....

This is just why I like the first come first served free for all. Then I could just add my player who was "locked" and then add lloyd. But instead I have to wait for two days, all the while someone else can take their time and snatch up the good FA. To me, probably because I am more familiar with it, like the other way better.

Doggcow
09-15-2010, 12:29 PM
What I dont like is the locked players thing...Here is my cunundrum.

I have a waiver in for a "locked" player, and am going to drop derrick ward to pick them up. But I have to wait for the player to unlock.

At the same time there is a Free agent I wanted...Brandon lloyd. In order for me to have been able to sign brandon I would have had to drop a backup of mine.

Problem is- If I drop my backup for lloyd and my waiver does not go through then I am really screwed, as I have no backup. But if I wait for the player on waivers to unlock, then I will get screwed in Free agency, which I already have as someone else can sign him, which they did. I know it may sound like whining, but I am not.....

This is just why I like the first come first served free for all. Then I could just add my player who was "locked" and then add lloyd. But instead I have to wait for two days, all the while someone else can take their time and snatch up the good FA. To me, probably because I am more familiar with it, like the other way better.

Players dropped go on waivers before they become FA's, so everyone has a shot at them again.

Yeah, you have to risk losing a guy if you want to wait for the waiver guy. It's kinda like a chess match with the other owners. I think it's part of the game :)

All the waiver wire options have pros and cons. Much like many things, e.g. Plasma or LCD TV's. There is no "perfect" waiver wire I don't think, and one way or another one or the other will have its advantages and disadvantages over others.

Broncoman13
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
I kind of like Nicks idea of a "budget". You want a player bad enough you make a high bid. More good food for thought for next year.

phillybroncosnut
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM

I hear ya bro but there is an issue with this idea. Most, if not all of us have work, family, lives, et cetra.....

There are times that people cant get to their computer at 9pm on a Tuesday night. I think the best option that I have seen in all my years is, once the games start for the week, the very first kickoff, you can put in a "waiver claim" on ANY FA, not just "waiver players". Once Tues at 9 hits, the computer generates who gets what, dictated by league rules on "waiver order".

This gives people 3-5 days to get their FA list, wants and desires in order.

phillybroncosnut
09-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I am in a big money league at work and we have to bid on the players you want. You get 10,000 "fantasy" dollars to start the season. So you have to budget to make moves but if you do lose a big player and one is there you can spend to make sure you get the top spot.

This method allows a free for all with a system and methodology might be worth considering for next year.

I kinda like that. Hows it work though. Does everyone put a blind bid in for a player, meaning, no one knows who bid how much? Or is it known by all and owners keep bidding over each other until the price is so high everyone drops out?

worm
09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Bowtown, ready to concede already in the Week 2 preview section.

Drinking and Drafting were led in week 1 by a 10 point effort from Steven Jackson, who got by the Arizona Cardinals defense for 81 rushing yards in addition to 6 receiving yards. In addition, Cedric Benson was not injured in week 1 and contributed 9 points, but he's listed as questionable in week 2 due to an injured shoulder , which might severely limit his fantasy production. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Drinking and Drafting can expect a 27 point effort from the Minnesota Vikings Defensive Team in week 2.

"There's no love lost between these two teams. The Orange Halos are so good we are just thinking about forfeiting so we don't get embarassed" Drinking and Drafting coach bowtown said.

Worm's Orange Halos were led in week 1 by a 52 point effort from Matt Forte, who snuck past the Detroit Lions defense for 50 rushing yards in addition to 151 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Worm's Orange Halos can expect a 30 point effort from Adrian Peterson in week 2, who is expected to get by the Miami Dolphins defense for 100 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in addition to 40 receiving yards.

"We're loaded for bear, that p***Y, Bowtown is going down" Worm's Orange Halos coach Worm said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a game for the ages.

bowtown
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Bowtown, ready to concede already in the Week 2 preview section.

Drinking and Drafting were led in week 1 by a 10 point effort from Steven Jackson, who got by the Arizona Cardinals defense for 81 rushing yards in addition to 6 receiving yards. In addition, Cedric Benson was not injured in week 1 and contributed 9 points, but he's listed as questionable in week 2 due to an injured shoulder , which might severely limit his fantasy production. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Drinking and Drafting can expect a 27 point effort from the Minnesota Vikings Defensive Team in week 2.

"There's no love lost between these two teams. The Orange Halos are so good we are just thinking about forfeiting so we don't get embarassed" Drinking and Drafting coach bowtown said.

Worm's Orange Halos were led in week 1 by a 52 point effort from Matt Forte, who snuck past the Detroit Lions defense for 50 rushing yards in addition to 151 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Worm's Orange Halos can expect a 30 point effort from Adrian Peterson in week 2, who is expected to get by the Miami Dolphins defense for 100 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in addition to 40 receiving yards.

"We're loaded for bear, that p***Y, Bowtown is going down" Worm's Orange Halos coach Worm said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a game for the ages.

Pretty sure I was hammered when I said that.

Broncoman13
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I kinda like that. Hows it work though. Does everyone put a blind bid in for a player, meaning, no one knows who bid how much? Or is it known by all and owners keep bidding over each other until the price is so high everyone drops out?

In response to your first post. I believe that is how our waiver system is currently set up, but based on priority order which is based primarily on record.

2nd, with what Nick suggested, it sounds to me like it would operate similarly to the NFL Supplemental Draft. You put a blind bid in and the highest offer wins the player. I don't know if the system supports that or not, but I do know I have the option of setting waivers to be a "pay per transaction" type process. Maybe there is a way to put $1.00 in everyone's account and you have that dollar to work with for the whole season. Similar to a buy in for chips, the value of the $1.00 isn't relevant. You make a $.50 bid on a player and win and you only have $.50 for bids for the remainder of the year. Just thinking out loud, not gonna change anything this year...but I am intrigued by a process that would add another element of strategy.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Its blind bids so you have to kind of play a game within the game which makes it fun actually. If you want a player badly enough then you have to make a decision to give up you money.

And Alex the blind bid system in my league is done through the same site we use so it is possible. I will ask the commissioners how they set it up if we decide to go that route.

Doggcow
09-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Its blind bids so you have to kind of play a game within the game which makes it fun actually. If you want a player badly enough then you have to make a decision to give up you money.

And Alex the blind bid system in my league is done through the same site we use so it is possible. I will ask the commissioners how they set it up if we decide to go that route.

Can you trade "Waiver Dollars"?

I remember last year we had a waiver limit, so I made someone pick up a player for me in a trade lol. Worked out well.

underrated29
09-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Hey guys I still am confused a little bit...(big surprise, right). also I got the waiver guy I wanted, so I am not complaining here, but I still need to understand.

For ex. Raiders suck made a waiver move for josh cribbs, then after the player locks made a waiver for brett favre. Yet my waiver pick was after his.

Since he already made 1 waiver move, should I not then be moved down the list and get my waivers in before his?

I am just trying to understand so i can kind of predict who is going to go where and who I can actually have a chance at. If I am always a high waiver spot regardless of how many moves the lower ones make is fine. I just want to know.

DeuceOfClub
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure I can answer But I do know that Cribbs was not a waiver move (I took him as FA), than I dropped him for another FA and Favre was my only Waiver.
If you look at the transaction page (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=03) you'll see:

Tue Sep 7: Free Agent Move: acquired Cribbs, Josh CLE WR / dropped Tebow, Tim DEN QB
Tue Sep 14: Waiver: dropped Cribbs, Josh CLE WR
Thu Sep 16 : Waiver: acquired Favre, Brett MIN QB / dropped Burleson, Nate DET WR

I think that the Sep 14 move (dropped Cribbs) has a Waiver title because he is locked.

Hope it helps...

underrated29
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure I can answer But I do know that Cribbs was not a waiver move (I took him as FA), than I dropped him for another FA and Favre was my only Waiver.
If you look at the transaction page (http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=12936&O=03) you'll see:

Tue Sep 7: Free Agent Move: acquired Cribbs, Josh CLE WR / dropped Tebow, Tim DEN QB
Tue Sep 14: Waiver: dropped Cribbs, Josh CLE WR
Thu Sep 16 : Waiver: acquired Favre, Brett MIN QB / dropped Burleson, Nate DET WR

I think that the Sep 14 move (dropped Cribbs) has a Waiver title because he is locked.

Hope it helps...

Gracias.

So when one makes a waiver move, they then go to the bottom of the list for waivers...This is what I thought, but when I saw waiver next to it, i got thrown for a loop.

Also what i figured but wanted to make sure I was correct.

Broncoman13
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Waivers for the players that were dropped during the first waiver period or dropped during FA b/c they're locked for two days. You'll notice the only waivers you can request are for those limited players after the 2 days have expired. Everyone else during that time is a Free Agent and waiver priority doesn't factor in.

Many people are seeing their waiver priority # is later than they expected. Please note that the system figures both conferences in those #s. For example, APA was #1 and Cover Zero All Day was #24 after the first weeks games. If you were #12, that would mean you're in the 6 range for your conference.

BroncoBuff
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
The Commissioner and I made a trade ... but it's awaiting Commissioner review.

Go figure.

underrated29
09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I feel like doggcow now.

WHy do I not get this waiver thing!?!?!

I have had a waiver in for owen daniels and Brett favre...Since they were released and locked. It still shows that I have them in waivers.

Yet, I did not get either and you bastage duderstat:) got both.

Should I not have been able to get at least one of them? I was even on last night at 8:56 when owen was supposed to unlock and at 9 somthing for favre.

Can someone clear this up for me please.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Looking into it.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
underrated what is your team name

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
The Commissioner and I made a trade ... but it's awaiting Commissioner review.

Go figure.

Its awaiting nothing :), he doesn't want to approve trades that involve him. I was on my way to work and saw the emails and responded. As soon as I got in I handled it.

underrated29
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
underrated what is your team name

suck my tebow.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
EDIT: Read next post

Ok underrated DUDE is above you in Waiver picks. You both submitted claims for Owens in the first round and both submitted waiver picks for Favre in the second round.

Since he is above you he was awarded both. If you had submitted both in the first round you would have gotten one of them.

At least that is what the waiver transaction showed me. If you believe otherwise then we have to go from there.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Actually check that Underrated you both submitted 1st round claims for both so I need to talk to Alex.

underrated29
09-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Actually check that Underrated you both submitted 1st round claims for both so I need to talk to Alex.

alright and it is really not that big of a deal it just seems like I think i understand how it works and then something happens and then I dont understand. And it would be nice to take advantage of some dropped players. If I am eligible to take them.

theAPAOps5
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I sent both Underrated and DUDERstadt a PM about the waiver issue look for it in the league site.

Bad Reflexes
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I am fully expecting my team to pulverize The Mad Dommers this week! :yayaya:

Doggcow
09-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Btw Apa, no hard feelings between us until the end of the weekend? :D

Lol, Lets go Shonn! Getcha job back!

theAPAOps5
09-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Ok I have not heard anything from DUDERstadt regarding the waiver discrepancy. I posted here about it and sent a PM from the FF website about it. I sent an email to both players and if I don't hear anything I will correct the issue assuming there is no objection.

underrated29
09-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Ok I have not heard anything from DUDERstadt regarding the waiver discrepancy. I posted here about it and sent a PM from the FF website about it. I sent an email to both players and if I don't hear anything I will correct the issue assuming there is no objection.

I replied to the message and the email. so i might as well do it here too.

so once again, thanks for the work, since i was not sure I would hear back from you guys I made a free agency move which dropped delhomme the guy i was originally going to drop. So you can reverse that if needed to get the correct dropped player in there.

as for duder- great minds think alike since we both had owen and brett in on waivers in the same order.

theAPAOps5
09-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok looks like things got sorted out. Hopefully this doesn't happen again!

Doggcow
09-19-2010, 12:44 AM
****. You put in Megatron :(

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm not OK with that waiver move... I am 0-1 and Farve was my only waiver request... I've never played in a league where 1-0 teams get waiver priority? Please explain?

underrated29
09-19-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm not OK with that waiver move... I am 0-1 and Farve was my only waiver request... I've never played in a league where 1-0 teams get waiver priority? Please explain?

Comishers can prob explain better than me, but here is how I understand it.

There was a glitch or something on the site, as you and I both put in waiver requests for owen daniels and brett favre in that order. Since you had priority you got owen daniels, but after you make a waiver move it then puts you below me on the wiaver list, where i took favre, but for whatever reason the site did not take it. It skipped me altogether, and went back to you.

At least that is how I got it......If you want favre over daniels I will trade you strait up or something...Neither of us should get screwed out of this.

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I did not have a request in for Daniels... only Favre

underrated29
09-19-2010, 09:00 AM
I did not have a request in for Daniels... only Favre

oh man than **** is all ****ed up then.

you have daniels dont you? I will strait up trade you if you do, that is who I wanted originally.

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 09:01 AM
My contention is: Since I am 0-1 and you are 1-0, I should have been lower than you on waivers to start. The fact that you also made waiver claims earlier in the week means I DEFINITELY should have been lower than you. Therefore, Favre should be mine...

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I have Gates, Clark & Shiancoe... lol... I assure you, I had 0 interest in Owen Daniels...

underrated29
09-19-2010, 09:05 AM
My contention is: Since I am 0-1 and you are 1-0, I should have been lower than you on waivers to start. The fact that you also made waiver claims earlier in the week means I DEFINITELY should have been lower than you. Therefore, Favre should be mine...

No doubt.

I should not have him since you were lower and only put in 1 request...when you look at the site though it shows you had 2 waiver requests for owen and brett....I dont knw man......this is way to complicated and confusing. Have you talked to commish yet?

underrated29
09-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I have Gates, Clark & Shiancoe... lol... I assure you, I had 0 interest in Owen Daniels...

:spit::rofl::rofl:

check the site man, it shows you did....Hilarious. Yeah, you def did not need owen.

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 09:16 AM
No doubt.

I should not have him since you were lower and only put in 1 request...when you look at the site though it shows you had 2 waiver requests for owen and brett....I dont knw man......this is way to complicated and confusing. Have you talked to commish yet?
I thought an 0-1 team got Favre, so I was ok with it. Told Apa not to worry about it. Now I'm confused and just trying to get a handle on what is going on.

underrated29
09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
alright guys, i have to close the pool for the winter..........so if the commishers get it sorted out-hooray...But I wont be here to answer any questions or whatver. So whatever is cool, if more changes need to be made green light from me.

I got to try to get this done before the broncos game.

ps- badreflex, I thought you were duderstat....so its like 3 teams that got messed up....I think dude put in for owen, which he should have had, you put in for favre, which you should have had, but it gave him to duderstat. I also had a claim for favre, but was higher then you, but didnt understand how someone could get two waivers...so i asked about it. they saw it, and gave him to me....but really i think it should be you.....lucky i caught it otherwise you would have been screwed.

so i think- dude gets owen
tight asses- gets favre
suck my tebow- gets nothing, so i will then drop delhomme for javon ringer.

I think i got it.? Anyone else think so?

underrated29
09-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I thought an 0-1 team got Favre, so I was ok with it. Told Apa not to worry about it. Now I'm confused and just trying to get a handle on what is going on.

yeah thats how it started too. I was confused, and then this whole thing unfolded.

Bad Reflexes
09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
alright guys, i have to close the pool for the winter..........so if the commishers get it sorted out-hooray...But I wont be here to answer any questions or whatver. So whatever is cool, if more changes need to be made green light from me.

I got to try to get this done before the broncos game.

ps- badreflex, I thought you were duderstat....so its like 3 teams that got messed up....I think dude put in for owen, which he should have had, you put in for favre, which you should have had, but it gave him to duderstat. I also had a claim for favre, but was higher then you, but didnt understand how someone could get two waivers...so i asked about it. they saw it, and gave him to me....but really i think it should be you.....lucky i caught it otherwise you would have been screwed.

so i think- dude gets owen
tight asses- gets favre
suck my tebow- gets nothing, so i will then drop delhomme for javon ringer.

I think i got it.? Anyone else think so?

That looks right to me !Booya!

theAPAOps5
09-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Ok the horrid error on our end has been rectified before the games start. Dude stayed with Owens, Tight Ass got Favre, Suck my Tebow has Ringer.

Sheesh sorry guys we were just trying to fix things.