Branson back at practice today.

cmhargrove
08-13-2010, 10:18 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/13/te-marquez-branson-is-back/4472/

Branson back at practice today.

:lombardi:

Kaylore
08-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Hopefully Kuper and DJ are next to come back. Maybe we can slowly get healthy.

Ray Finkle
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
how is a TE that will be lucky to make the team cause the tide to turn when Clady, Kupe, Know, Buck, etc are more important and still on the sidelines....

DJ isn't really a loss (yep Mike, I wrote it).....take that.

Rabb
08-13-2010, 10:27 AM
how is a TE that will be lucky to make the team cause the tide to turn when Clady, Kupe, Know, Buck, etc are more important and still on the sidelines....

probably just happy to have positive news, weird

meangene
08-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I dunno. I think Branson is expected to be the third TE and originally the injury looked bad so that is good news. Really, we are lucky that the injuries to Moreno, Kuper, DT, et als. were early enough that they are all expected back for the opener. Only Doom is definitely out for significant time. I really don't see DJ as a huge loss either. He has been non-contact all through camp and still managed to get hurt. We have some guys who could press for his job -i.e. Woodyard. It would be hilarious if Mays ends up a starter! ;D

MABroncoFan
08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
probably just happy to have positive news, weird

The thread title was mostly tongue-in-cheek. It's nice to have some positive news, but our 3rd string TE is the least of our worries right now.

bronco militia
08-13-2010, 10:58 AM
hey, just shut the hell up about it.

(knocks on wood again)

Kaylore
08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Why don't we just be grateful there was an injury thread about someone coming back to practice, rather than being carted off the field for change?

Rabb
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
The thread title was mostly tongue-in-cheek. It's nice to have some positive news, but our 3rd string TE is the least of our worries right now.

ahhh, sorry

_Oro_
08-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I remember McD went out of his way to say a lot of good things to say about this guy but it sounds like he has sucked during camp.

Any thoughts?

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Haha! You forgot to include the smileys and lolz. Somebody might think you were being serious and really think you were out of touch! I mean, two other TEs on the team don't need a third do we! And DJ, yeah those comps being made to Derrick Brooks in his prime are absurd, he played so poorly last year he was voted into the probowl... he is a bum for sure. Lulz

kupesdad
08-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Why don't we just be grateful there was an injury thread about someone coming back to practice, rather than being carted off the field for change?

Chris let me know that he is getting better. He was told to avoid re-injuring it and to sit out this game. I imagine he will be back in full force next week.

MABroncoFan
08-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Good news on Chris!

Some other injury news:
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/08/13/five-observations-aug-13-practice/#more-907

4. The good news for the Broncos was that wide receiver Eddie Royal and tight end Marquez Branson returned to practice; neither practiced Thursday and the last previous glimpse of Branson was on a cart headed back to the Broncos’ headquarters building. But they couldn’t escape injury on Friday, as Richard Quinn appeared to hurt his left ankle when he was caught in a pileup blocking for Lance Ball on a sweep. Quinn did not return to action, but was seen jogging around the field several moments later.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Meanwhile, over in New England...

MABroncoFan
08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Meanwhile, over in New England...

... Ty Warren on IR. I guess it's not just us who has injury problems. As bad as it's been, most of our guys are expected back for the start of the regular season, other than Doom. And maybe even he can make it back at some point this year.

diehardbroncosfan
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Correll Buckhalter is expected to play in next week's preseason game against the Lions and Moreno is expected back the week after that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=703&line=177894&spln=1

oubronco
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Agreed ^5

diehardbroncosfan
08-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I hope Quinn's still good to go for Sunday. He was one of the players I was definitely looking forward to watching.