PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas tears scar tissue in foot Don't panic

Quoydogs
08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Found this on the other broncos board.

"The "early word" on Demaryius Thomas' left foot aggravation is that he tore scar tissue from the previous fracture.
The Broncos are also said be monitoring the calcium formation around the previous break as it continues to heal. Beat writer Mike Klis still believes "expectations should be tempered" for Thomas' rookie season because of the foot injury. All in all, the scar tissue diagnosis is good news, though. It doesn't appear that Bay-Bay has suffered a significant setback."

oubronco
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Good news

Rabb
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
thanks man, that is good news

I also like hearing that they are being careful about it because as we know full well here, it's a marathon and not a race

ShutDownPoster
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
As I mentioned in previous threads. A fifth metatarsal break healing time can be quite notorious because of the limited blood flow to that area. He's obviously not ready for full speed contact.

broncofan2438
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Eventhough it doesnt sound great its better than nothing

Florida_Bronco
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Isn't this what Brandon Marshall dealt with in 2007?

Kaylore
08-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks Klis but we knew this days ago.

NYBronco
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
As I mentioned in previous threads. A fifth metatarsal break healing time can be quite notorious because of the limited blood flow to that area. He's obviously not ready for full speed contact.

Is there an effective way to increase the blood flow without causing additional harm?

Chris
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Is there an effective way to increase the blood flow without causing additional harm?

http://www.nichview.com/Celebrities/top20_women%2010y/kelly-brook_13.jpg

oubronco
08-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Oh hell yea that works every time

Que
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Scar tissue? Tear? Oh We're Totally SCREWED.

sorry, had to be said.

Good news though.

RaiderH8r
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM

Only if he's strained his shaft. Nope, what he needs is Miyagi.

broncosteven
08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Have they found out about his claw for a hand yet or was that someone else?

Dedhed
08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Isn't this what Brandon Marshall dealt with in 2007?

I think you're thinking of Scheffler.

Florida_Bronco
08-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I think you're thinking of Scheffler.

I thought Brandon was having pain from scar tissue and Shanahan made him work through and the problem went away. Maybe I'm mistaken though.

serious hops
08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Let me know when it is time to panic, okay?

broncosteven
08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Let me know when it is time to panic, okay?

Is that what you tell the dude who's watching your grow house?

Dedhed
08-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I thought Brandon was having pain from scar tissue and Shanahan made him work through and the problem went away. Maybe I'm mistaken though.
I think Brandon was nursing a quad and Scheffler aggravated a foot injury. Though I could just as easily be mistaken.

ShutDownPoster
08-12-2010, 07:13 PM

Well they use a bone stimulator that sends sonogram pluses to teh farcture site that supposedly speeds up recovery - but I think they use that early on, not sure they are still using it now.

RaiderH8r
08-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Well they use a bone stimulator that sends sonogram pluses to teh farcture site that supposedly speeds up recovery - but I think they use that early on, not sure they are still using it now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ai3SH7Re-z0/TDX7CTqKPDI/AAAAAAAAAOc/dZUWcMj3idg/s400/beavis-and-butthead.jpg

Beavis: Heh heh, Hey Butthead. He said "bone stimulator" heh heh.

BH: Yeah, I've got a bone he can stimulate.

Cito Pelon
08-13-2010, 09:09 AM

You apparently know a lot about it since you had the same injury.

A fifth metatarsal is a bone, right? So how does it tear scar tissue???

I'm tempering my expectations some because I agree, these foot injuries have to be babied somewhat.

I think the surgery/treatment for it has progressed dramatically the last few years, so I'm not totally concerned about it long term, but it sounds like it's a longer healing process than a bone break in another area of the body.

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I think the scar tissue is a result of the surgery and doesn't have much to do with the fracture but rather the tissue that was damaged in the process of repairing the bone. Wouldn't be a big deal if it were a shoulder or something like that as it's not hit or stressed nearly as often. It's not unusual for surgery to result in a second surgery to help eleviate the pain resulting from scar tissue. The set back is minor.

PS. how do you start a thread here now?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
After I broke my foot (and spent two months in a cast/splint), I had serious problems with the scar tissue for about 6 months. It would get less and less each time, but it would crop up out of nowhere and completely lock up my foot for about 5 minutes each time it happened. Pain was awful, make you fall down and grab your ankle-type stuff. not good.

Still, not really a big deal. Only a couple times did it really hinder me for longer than, say, a minute.

go_broncos
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
That's the reason you don't pick a player that has major injury in First Round.
Mcd has taken risk in drafting him.
I hope it pays off as he is an ideal replacement for Marshall.

oubronco
08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Is that what you tell the dude who's watching your grow house?

:~ohyah!:

oubronco
08-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I think the scar tissue is a result of the surgery and doesn't have much to do with the fracture but rather the tissue that was damaged in the process of repairing the bone. Wouldn't be a big deal if it were a shoulder or something like that as it's not hit or stressed nearly as often. It's not unusual for surgery to result in a second surgery to help eleviate the pain resulting from scar tissue. The set back is minor.

PS. how do you start a thread here now?

Just put test in the title then post your thread then go to edit, then advanced, then edit your title

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 09:59 AM

While I agree with your point, in some cases it is fully acceptable. I think this is a case where it was a smart move. I was more hesitant about DT b/c of the offense he ran in rather than the foot injury. This guy is super talented, not a situation like Willie Middlebrooks at all.

He'll be on the field a good little bit this year and he will help to occupy the safeties and that will help our running game. This guy's deep game is good

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2010, 10:01 AM

http://www.blitzcorner.com/uploads/medium/medium_Sam_Bradford_Injury_Update.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2010/4/23/1272007870570/Sam-Bradford-at-the-NFL-d-002.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:xy_Lcv5wFf_m0M:http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/uncletogie/NotSureIfSerious.jpg&t=1

Rock Chalk
08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
thanks man, that is good news

I also like hearing that they are being careful about it because as we know full well here, it's a marathon and not a race

Really? I thought marathon's were races.

Did you mean "its a marathon, not a sprint"?

Broncoman13
08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Seems like that Adrian Peterson guy is doing okay too.

Rabb
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Really? I thought marathon's were races.

Did you mean "its a marathon, not a sprint"?

yeah well, you know what I meant

thanks though

^5

Ray Finkle
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Seems like that Adrian Peterson guy is doing okay too.

yep.....that maghee guy too....

BroncoLifer
08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
yep.....that maghee guy too....

John Elway played his entire career with an unrepaired ACL tear. He worked out OK...