PDA

View Full Version : Shannys intern program...

C130Herkload
08-12-2010, 03:16 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15749949

DivineLegion
08-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Seeing Davis and Atwater in burgundy and gold made me throw up in my mouth.

worm
08-12-2010, 05:26 AM
Maybe...if we are really lucky....we can get Steve Grogan to come visit us.

TotallyScrewed
08-12-2010, 06:31 AM
That's the awesome on the part of Shanahan. He takes care of his guys in a very positive manner. You should all be proud of him and them. It's okay to express your feelings and even blubber a bit.

chex
08-12-2010, 06:33 AM

Yeah, that is def tough to see. Not happy to see that at all.

OrangenBlueOhio
08-12-2010, 07:07 AM
He hired Slowik again? I woulda thought with all the hate from Broncos fans that guy would have been selling insurance by now.:wiggle:

Guess we'll see who was right.

jhns
08-12-2010, 07:25 AM
He hired Slowik again? I woulda thought with all the hate from Broncos fans that guy would have been selling insurance by now.:wiggle:

Guess we'll see who was right.

See who was right? He isn't the coordinator....

Anyways, I like that these guys are getting into coaching. It would be fun following their careers if they become serious. Shanahan is the man.

illbroncsfn
08-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Good move by Shannahan- it is all about "Buy-In" this year for the 'Skins.

Dukes
08-12-2010, 08:12 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't remember him doing this in Denver. What gives?

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't remember him doing this in Denver. What gives?

you're kidding right?

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Gary Kubiak, Keith Burns, Steve watson, right off the top of my head

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Rick Dennison

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Jim Ryan

Dukes
08-12-2010, 08:25 AM
How many of those guys actually played for Shanahan?

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:27 AM

they were all players when shanahan was coaching the Broncos when he was an assistant or head coach

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I know I'm missing a few names...

baja
08-12-2010, 08:43 AM
I know I'm missing a few names...

The glaring missing person was the great John Elway who now magically has found the time to help out Josh.

What's up with that?

wolf754life
08-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Shanahan didn't coach in 2009 after being fired by the Broncos,
he spent much of the year working out of a Centennial office building with Slowik, planning for his return to the NFL. Davis met Shanahan at his house to talk about the future.

Mike Shanahan hearts Bob Slowik

bronco militia
08-12-2010, 08:45 AM
The glaring missing person was the great John Elway who now magically has found the time to help out Josh.

What's up with that?

I don't know.....I don't think there's much of a story there

HAT

Anyways, I like that these guys are getting into coaching. It would be fun following their careers if they become serious. Elway-ahan was the man.

fixed

bronco militia
Shanahan didn't coach in 2009 after being fired by the Broncos,
he spent much of the year working out of a Centennial office building with Slowik, planning for his return to the NFL. Davis met Shanahan at his house to talk about the future.

Mike Shanahan hearts Bob Slowik

well yeah...they've been friends since college

jhns
08-12-2010, 08:49 AM
fixed

Right, it was all Elway. That is why Elway had 12 SB wins before Shanahan showed up... Being a crap team right before Shanahan became head coach and them going on to win the most games ever in a 3 season span sure supports that as well...

Why hate on the guy that made this franchise what it is today?

jhns
08-12-2010, 08:51 AM

What's up with that?

He brought in guys that are interested in coaching. Has Elway said something about wanting to coach?

Steve Sewell
08-12-2010, 08:54 AM

Yep, me too.

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
He brought in guys that are interested in coaching. Has Elway said something about wanting to coach?

Doesn't matter.

Give me help and support from Elway over every single player on that list.

jhns
08-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Doesn't matter.

Give me help and support from Elway over every single player on that list.

That wasn't what was asked homegirl.

Steve Sewell
08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not gonna lie...with all these guys helping the Skins, I will be pulling for them in the NFC. Thank god Shanny didn't go to the Cowboys.

baja
08-12-2010, 09:08 AM

If you don't think there was some hard feelings between Elway and Shanahan than you are just not paying attention.

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 09:09 AM
That wasn't what was asked homegirl.

Do you read?

I said, DOESN'T MATTER. No one really cares what you ask, online acronym.

That's the point, at the end of the day. Elway > "interns"

About what was "asked", you were asking a rhetorical ****in question, so obviously you weren't truly looking for an answer, so that pretty much deems the above quote, dumbass post #1381717... for an online acronym.

Speaking of, I'm not 100% sold that Shanny decided to just help these guys this season... why none of the seasons when he was in Denver did they decide to come back?

It almost sounds to me like he could have had this planned out, and possible bringing some Bronco greats into D.C. to help instill some of his culture and philosophy into the redskins.

You're ****in comical... too easy to shut down like broken car.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1900000/Animated-GIFS-the-joker-1971583-400-233.gif

Thank you.

jhns
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Do you read?

I said, DOESN'T MATTER. No one really cares what you ask, online acronym.

That's the point, at the end of the day. Elway > "interns"

About what was "asked", you were asking a rhetorical ****in question, so obviously you weren't truly looking for an answer, so that pretty much deems the above quote, dumbass post #1381717... for an online acronym.

Speaking of, I'm not 100% sold that Shanny decided to just help these guys this season... why none of the seasons when he was in Denver did they decide to come back?

It almost sounds to me like he could have had this planned out, and possible bringing some Bronco greats into D.C. to help instill some of his culture and philosophy into the redskins.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1900000/Animated-GIFS-the-joker-1971583-400-233.gif

Thank you.

I was saying that I answered a question. Nothing you said had anything to do with the conversation taking place. He asked why Elway wasn't there. No one gives a crap who you want more.

How much has Elway been at this camp anyways? I sure haven't heard much about him. I have heard a lot about the guys that want to help coach the Redskins. How many players is Elway working with? How many are these interns working with? I would say the multiple interns are doing a lot more than Elway.

Anyways, Shanahan did bring in guys when he was here. All of his ex players that wanted to get into coaching have always been welcome and have always been around. This isn't something new for him. How is it that all of you "fans" don't know this? Someone even pointed it out already in this thread and you still come with that? Wow, talk about dumb...

jhns
08-12-2010, 09:20 AM
If you don't think there was some hard feelings between Elway and Shanahan than you are just not paying attention.

Show some proof of it then. I would love a quote from either that proves this... I do have a question though. If there is bad blood, why would I care? Does that make Shanahan a worse coach? Does it take away from the great things he did for this team? It doesn't for me...

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 09:24 AM
All of his ex players that wanted to get into coaching have always been welcome and have always been around. This isn't something new for him. How is it that all of you "fans" don't know this? Someone even pointed it out already in this thread and you still come with that? Wow, talk about dumb...

Are you talking about Militia pointing out Kubiak, Jim Ryan, and Dennison?

That's completely different than Terrell Davis, Steve Atwater, Michael Pittman...etc

Man, you ****in suck bad...

Don't really care anyways. You're too easy to be getting in depth - time to take on something more challenging... like taking a piss straight into the toilet.

jhns
08-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Are you talking about Militia pointing out Kubiak, Jim Ryan, and Dennison?

That's completely different than Terrell Davis, Steve Atwater, Michael Pittman...etc

Man, you ****in suck bad...

Don't really care anyways. You're too easy to be getting in depth - time to take on something more challenging... like taking a piss straight into the toilet.

They are different players? No way! You mean the same guys don't just intern all the time? You mean after interning they either decided they did or didn't want to coach? You say that is the reason for interning? Man, this is some crazy stuff.

Way to not read the article. They said why they were just now getting into coaching. What can we expect from a "playa" though?

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Way to not read the article. They said why they were just now getting into coaching. What can we expect from a "playa" though?

Where did I show any sign of "not reading the article"?

jhns
08-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Where did I show any sign of "not reading the article"?

You asked why they didn't come in before and claimed they are different than the others he brought in here. The players themselves explain this in the article...

Steve Sewell
08-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Although I have him on ignore, judging by the fact that jhns is posting I'll assume that there is substantial trolling and topic derailment.

jhns
08-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Although I have him on ignore, judging by the fact that jhns is posting I'll assume that there is substantial trolling and topic derailment.

Yup, there is trolling and off topic posting. I just quoted the post that started it.

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
You asked why they didn't come in before and claimed they are different than the others he brought in here. The players themselves explain this in the article...

That's EXACTLY why I said, I'm not 100% sold. Get it? I find it a coincidence all 2 future HOF's, including a league MVP/SB MVP, decide to come in this season.

Yes, I claimed the players are different than the others he brought here... are you going to tell me Terrell Davis and Atwater are on the same level as Kubiak, Keith Burns, etc.? Or would you say, they're the same?

Like I said, you're too easy.

This is specifically what I said...

Speaking of, I'm not 100% sold that Shanny decided to just help these guys this season

Here is a quote from TD in the article...

"Basically I said at some point, I might look at coaching, just as part of a long discussion we had about a lot of things," Davis said. "Then in the spring he called me to see if I would be interested in giving it a try, to do an internship to see what I thought, or how it would go."

There's 1 case of proof. The idea is mainly intuition.

So to recap for you, it just seems like a coincidence... a perfect scenario for some greats to come instill Shanahan's culture and philosophy. The point is not about Shanahan helping his people, we all know he does. Get off that.

And FYI, the first thing I did was read the article... but it looks like you didn't fully read it or understand my post... "playa." LOL

Thank you.

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh, and let's add Rod Smith to the list of Broncos who are still supporting Denver.

jhns
08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
That's EXACTLY why I said, I'm not 100% sold. Get it? I find it a coincidence all 2 future HOF's, including a league MVP/SB MVP, decide to come in this season.

Yes, I claimed the players are different than the others he brought here... are you going to tell me Terrell Davis and Atwater are on the same level as Kubiak, Keith Burns, etc.? Or would you say, they're the same?

Like I said, you're too easy.

This is specifically what I said...

Here is a quote from TD in the article...

There's 1 case of proof. The idea is mainly intuition.

So to recap for you, it just seems like a coincidence... a perfect scenario for some greats to come instill Shanahan's culture and philosophy. The point is not about Shanahan helping his people, we all know he does. Get off that.

And FYI, the first thing I did was read the article... but it looks like you didn't fully read it or understand my post... "playa." LOL

So they are different becuase they are better players? You do realize this is for coaching, right? Atwater said he just now wanted to get into it as he just finished raising kids. How do you know that conversation with Davis wasn't recent? Shanahan talks to a lot of his old players. He holds charity golf and invites them to things like his restraunt openings. This is exactly the way the other players came in to Broncos camps. Shanahan knew they were interested in coaching and brought them in to learn. Pittman just got out of football so I don't know why he would have been here sooner... You are reaching. Yes, Shanahan probably made it a point to have some of these guys at his first camp. He will also make it a point to have guys at his 5th camp if he knows some that are interested.

Anyways, way to cherry pick your quote. Here is the rest " why none of the seasons when he was in Denver did they decide to come back?" Again, this was explained in the article....

jhns
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh, and let's add Rod Smith to the list of Broncos who are still supporting Denver.

Rod Smith was here under Shanahan.... Thanks for helping add to the long list of players he brought to Denver to help, just like he is doing at his new stop.

Wtf are you talking about with the still supporting Denver? Are you saying these other players have something against Denver? Why is this in the conversation?

Rabb
08-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Rod Smith was here under Shanahan.... Thanks for helping add to the long list of players he brought to Denver to help, just like he is doing at his new stop.

Wtf are you talking about with the still supporting Denver? Are you saying these other players have something against Denver? Why is this in the conversation?

he is referring to Smith staying in Denver to help under the McD regime I believe, hence supporting the Broncos

jhns
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
he is referring to Smith staying in Denver to help under the McD regime I believe, hence supporting the Broncos

Yes, I get this. I am asking what it has to do with this conversation. I love Rod and I love that he comes in to help. He isn't looking to get into coaching though and those are the guys Shanahan is bringing in. Rod is just looking to help his old team. That situation is completely different than what these other guys are doing.

Chris
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Jhns I wrote a song about your love for Shanny

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/auYCXBzep9o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/auYCXBzep9o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HAT
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Right, it was all Elway. That is why Elway had 12 SB wins before Shanahan showed up... Being a crap team right before Shanahan became head coach and them going on to win the most games ever in a 3 season span sure supports that as well...

Why hate on the guy that made this franchise what it is today?

You really are a world class dumb**** if that's what you got out of my post.

E-L-W-A-Y-A-H-A-N. Try reading for once instead of premature ejaculating all over yourself that someone responded to your troll-post.

And I don't hate Bowlen at all.

oubronco
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm not gonna lie...with all these guys helping the Skins, I will be pulling for them in the NFC. Thank god Shanny didn't go to the Cowboys.

No Doubt I can't stand the Cowpies but being in Oklahoma we're forced to watch them every week

jhns
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
You really are a world class dumb**** if that's what you got out of my post.

E-L-W-A-Y-A-H-A-N. Try reading for once instead of premature ejaculating all over yourself that someone responded to your troll-post.

And I don't hate Bowlen at all.

I just read it for a second time and my response is the same. Stop the hate. Shanahan is a great man that did a ton for this franchise. I don't get why Bronco fans can't show some respect.

~Crash~
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Neil Smith

DivineLegion
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I bet Steve is sitting there watching Slow coach and just shaking his head. I'm surprised he hasn't hurt Mikes feelings by asking him what the hell was going through his head when he made Slow the DC of the Broncos.

steeledude
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Anyways, I like that these guys are getting into coaching. It would be fun following their careers if they become serious. Shanahan is the man.

And to further that, he is the secondary coach. Those years when the Broncos had huge turnovers and Champ Bailey was having his big interception years, that was when Slowik was secondary coach in Denver. The guy is a terrible defensive coordinator, but I think he is actually a great secondary coach. Champ said he learned the most from Slowik, really respected the guy.

jhns
08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
And to further that, he is the secondary coach. Those years when the Broncos had huge turnovers and Champ Bailey was having his big interception years, that was when Slowik was secondary coach in Denver. The guy is a terrible defensive coordinator, but I think he is actually a great secondary coach. Champ said he learned the most from Slowik, really respected the guy.

You win a prize. This is exactly how it is. Funny that some Bronco fans have no idea what has gone on with the Broncos. Slowik is back where he belongs.

The MVPlaya
08-12-2010, 06:51 PM
So they are different becuase they are better players?

I asked a specific question, stop dodging it.

Are you telling me people he brought in like Kubiak and Keith Burns are on the same level as Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater?

Until then, the rest of your post is irrelevant/garbage.

Hamrob
08-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Shanny will always be one of my favorite coaches of all time. I like Red Miller as well. Wanting a change in coaches is one thing...hating on Shanny after he's gone is another.

Say what you will about him...but he was the mastermind. He was doing things in this league that blew other teams out of the water. He is an excellent coach...a HOF'er in my book!

He and Elway had a falling out when John and Janet got divorsed. Shanahan and his wife were close with Janet Elway. Stuff like that happens and I'm sure the relationship was strained.

I think with a year off and time to regroup...he's going to do great things with the Skins. Not this year....I just don't think they have the horses to compete with Dallas...but, you just never know. If Portis can find his old self and McNabb can some how make studs out of a group of no-name receivers...who knows.

I love the fact that guys are willing to go work for Shanny. I often wonder if all the hate for Shanny comes from kids who weren't alive to see the Broncos come so close but never taste the victory of a Championship. To have gone to 4 Superbowls only to get blown out and to live through that as a Broncos fan the entire time...and then to finally make it over the hump and win the big one. There's no way in hell I'll ever turn my back on Shanny or Elway for that matter!

seanpgk
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Shanny will always be one of my favorite coaches of all time. I like Red Miller as well. Wanting a change in coaches is one thing...hating on Shanny after he's gone is another.

Say what you will about him...but he was the mastermind. He was doing things in this league that blew other teams out of the water. He is an excellent coach...a HOF'er in my book!

He and Elway had a falling out when John and Janet got divorsed. Shanahan and his wife were close with Janet Elway. Stuff like that happens and I'm sure the relationship was strained.

I think with a year off and time to regroup...he's going to do great things with the Skins. Not this year....I just don't think they have the horses to compete with Dallas...but, you just never know. If Portis can find his old self and McNabb can some how make studs out of a group of no-name receivers...who knows.

I love the fact that guys are willing to go work for Shanny. I often wonder if all the hate for Shanny comes from kids who weren't alive to see the Broncos come so close but never taste the victory of a Championship. To have gone to 4 Superbowls only to get blown out and to live through that as a Broncos fan the entire time...and then to finally make it over the hump and win the big one. There's no way in hell I'll ever turn my back on Shanny or Elway for that matter!

Excellent post

epicSocialism4tw
08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Its weird seeing them in Skins colors (I'm sure they have to wear undershirts to keep those colors from burning their skin), but I'm glad that theyre getting a shot at coaching and hopefully this will turn into some work for them.

Davis and Atwater...ah the memories. Two GREAT Broncos that should be in the HOF.

jhns
08-13-2010, 08:08 AM

Are you telling me people he brought in like Kubiak and Keith Burns are on the same level as Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater?

What does this have to do with anything? Again, they explained in the article why they didn't come in before... Go read the article. It isn't hard.

oubronco
08-13-2010, 08:13 AM

Awesome Post

elsid13
08-13-2010, 10:56 AM

This has nothing to do what they did on the playing field. It an opportunity for former players to try a different like of work. Great football talent doesn't equal great coaching ability.

Shanahan has for many years given guys that played for him an opportunity to experience what means to be coach in the professional ranks. For some (Kubiak, Burns,Dennison) it been a success transition for other it hasn't.

BTW Elway is one of the great player ever, that doesn't mean he would be good professional coach, because there is major difference in the skills it requires to be successful. And reason Rod Smith is still in Denver doing stop in work with the team, is because he stated before his outside business interests are were his passion is now, and he doesn't want the grind of being an NFL coach.