PDA

View Full Version : 8/11/2010 PM Observations

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Not going to do a full on practice report because it was a light practice and I just don't feel like doing a camp report.

The offense is still behind the defense especially on the lines
The OL must be getting tired of being pushed around because a little fight broke out among the OL and DL
Orton is LEVELS above the other QB's he looks worlds better than he did last year at camp
I got to see Tim Tebow mentor Jesus it was awesome (oops another player just got hurt due to my blasphemes)
Justin Fargas while not much does provide more speed and power than what we have right now. But you can tell his knee is still on the mend and thus why he has failed other physicals.
Brandon Lloyd absolutely made Parish Cox look stupid on a double move for a TD.
Tebow has the best arm but like Montrose and others have said its not the prettiest ball.
Champ Bailey ran down a WR pretty much for about 50 yards and Wink yelled yeah thats away to give me all that money's worth.

Thats the cliff notes version. I will add to it as I remember. I didn't take notes just watched which was fun.

Edit: Just for you Drama Llama

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Not going to do a full on practice report because it was a light practice and I just don't feel like doing a camp report.

The offense is still behind the defense especially on the lines
The OL must be getting tired of being pushed around because a little fight broke out among the OL and DL
That was funny, "Who the F**K is the tough guy without the pads on?"
Orton is LEVELS above the other QB's he looks worlds better than he did last year at camp
I got to see Tim Tebow mentor Jesus it was awesome (oops another player just got hurt due to my blasphemes)
Justin Fargas while not much does provide more speed and power than what we have right now. But you can tell his knee is still on the mend and thus why he has failed other physicals.
Brandon Lloyd absolutely made Parish Cox look stupid on a double move for a TD.
Tebow has the best arm but like Montrose and others have said its not the prettiest ball.
Champ Bailey ran down a WR pretty much for about 50 yards and Wink yelled yeah thats away to give me all that money's worth.

Thats the cliff notes version. I will add to it as I remember. I didn't take notes just watched which was fun.

I thought Alphonso looked better than what we've been seeing on the depth chart. Goodman had a nice INT over Willis, had to climb the ladder for that one. Cox had a couple good plays but then got completely smoked, yelling "ohhhh Shiat" in the process. One of the coaches, couldn't tell who, went off on Ball after a run in which he didn't carry the ball all the way to the endzone (another 30-40 yards). "What the F***, you gotta run that all the way into the F***ing endzone." and a couple other F-bombs laced in there as well. The very next play, Ball takes his carry into the endzone and all the fans clap. Two or three plays later Fargas gets a handoff, runs it to around the 30 and decides to turn around and go back to the huddle... not a word said to him. We figured they're giving the old vet with the torqued knee a break.

Nothing to add on to Tebow other than he stayed and signed autographs for another 30 minutes or so. Brady Quinn brought a bunch of small kids onto the field and played some 4 on 4 with them. Kiddos got lots of pictures with Beadles, Olsen, Tebow, Cox, and a few others. Good times.

Dukes
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks Apa, appreciate it.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Don, Wink, Martindale is a great coach. I love his passion and style.

Dukes
08-11-2010, 08:29 PM

So he doesn't just scream obscenities like Jim Bates? ;D

SoCalBronco
08-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Good stuff, Nick.

Thanks man.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
So he doesn't just scream obscenities like Jim Bates? ;D

No there is another coach who I couldn't pin-point who was dropping F-bombs. Quite a few kids learned their first curse words today.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I am trying to think of anything else important but honestly it was a light practice.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Eddie Royal probably needs a few days of rest. He was having some issues with what I'd guess was a thigh or hip flexor. Very tentative just going through little agility drills. Glad he only has to go a few minutes Sunday Night.

Anyone thinking that Stokley is going to be cut probably has another thing coming. He looked good tonight and had some slick "jerk" type routes. You can tell Orton has a lot of faith in him.

Our defense might just be that damned good. The OL is obviously struggling right now but even when the QBs have time there isn't much open. Alphonso Smith made a nice play downfield jumping up to bat down a pass to Lloyd. Great coverage and was with him step for step. Somebody had mentioned earlier that they thought maybe #33 and 22 were being mixed up. For those of us that went to camp a lot last year that can certainly be the case. I thought 33 was Smith a few times, similar size... but two different levels of play. The only good thing I saw from 33 (Nate Jones, btw) was a nice blitz from the nickel. Later on he lined up in front of Stokley and I figured he was about to get toasted. Stokely ran a deep curl and had him turned with about 8 yards of separation... then Champ broke on the pass and was able to yank it away from Stokes for the INT.

BroncoDoug
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I am trying to think of anything else important but honestly it was a light practice.

Tim Tebow showed up, it was pretty much the greatest thing ever...

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh and Ben Garland works his ass off. I can't imagine what players with insane physical attributes would be like if they worked as hard as that kid. He outworks everyone in every drill and it's always with effort. He won't make the team but I bet you every one of the coaches thanks him for working his tail off before he leaves DV.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I will say this, I am not impressed with Brady Quinn. He just doesn't look sharp or even really that good for that matter. I bet that Tebow ends up being the number 2 QB not just to get plays without mixing with the 3rd emergency QB rule but because he is the future and provides more opportunities outside of the pocket.

Dukes
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm interested to see how much production we get from Brandon Lloyd this season. Any thoughts on him Apa?

prunch
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Saw this on a yahoo board ..... quite interesting

"Wanna see a scary correlation - take note of the Broncos record last year with Ryan Harris healthy vs Ryan Harris injured.

7-1 with Ryan Harris
1-7 without Ryan Harris

Clady gets much of the press as a star LT is wont to do, but losing our RT seems to correlate rather highly with our win-loss record."

Dukes
08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh and Ben Garland works his ass off. I can't imagine what players with insane physical attributes would be like if they worked as hard as that kid. He outworks everyone in every drill and it's always with effort. He won't make the team but I bet you every one of the coaches thanks him for working his tail off before he leaves DV.

Is he the kid from the Air Force Academy?

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:41 PM

"Wanna see a scary correlation - take note of the Broncos record last year with Ryan Harris healthy vs Ryan Harris injured.

7-1 with Ryan Harris
1-7 without Ryan Harris

Clady gets much of the press as a star LT is wont to do, but losing our RT seems to correlate rather highly with our win-loss record."

I've brought that up numerous times as well. When Harris went down the OL went to shiat. I won't go as far as to say that Harris is more important than Clady, but both together are the winning formula.

BroncoDoug
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM

Yes he is.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:43 PM

Yup. He and Tebow look to be the high effort guys. I was disappointed to see the effort that Alphonso Smith was giving during the 100's. If he wasn't last every time he was certainly bringing up the rear. Meanwhile Garland was winning his by 15-20 yards and Tebow had his won before they hit the first 30 yard line.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm interested to see how much production we get from Brandon Lloyd this season. Any thoughts on him Apa?

Well I can't say with much conviction but I think he looks great and will give the team a lot of production. I have talked to Montrose on the phone and he is very high on Lloyd and today I saw why.

I am going to camp again Friday morning so I will let you know what I see then. But really the proof is in the pudding come game day so we will have to see what it looks like in the limited reps in the preseason games.

Mogulseeker
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Yup. He and Tebow look to be the high effort guys. I was disappointed to see the effort that Alphonso Smith was giving during the 100's. If he wasn't last every time he was certainly bringing up the rear. Meanwhile Garland was winning his by 15-20 yards and Tebow had his won before they hit the first 30 yard line.

How were the running units divided up?

Usually its DBs/WRs, LBs/RBs/TEs, FBs/DEs, OL/DL

Dukes
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
How were the running units divided up?

Usually its DBs/WRs, LBs/RBs/TEs, FBs/DEs, OL/DL

Looked like the lines were running together. QBs running with the WRs and Secondary.

MABroncoFan
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Did Gaffney practice?

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Did Gaffney practice?

No. Ayers did tho wearing a big elbow brace.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
At one point Fargas had a nice run to the outside, hit the corner, turned up field and hit the burners. For a guy that limps around it is suprising how fast and quick he is. Anyhow, the run would have gone for a nice gain and it had Nick yelling "go Huggy Bear". Fargas clearly heard him and I'm not sure if it embarrased him or what l, but it had him laughing all the way back to the huddle!

TheChamp24
08-11-2010, 09:06 PM
I've brought that up numerous times as well. When Harris went down the OL went to shiat. I won't go as far as to say that Harris is more important than Clady, but both together are the winning formula.

I'd kinda say it has to do with poor depth at the tackle spot, and perhaps general the whole OL last year. Hopefully the rookies can catch on fairly quickly, if not, we might be looking at the Bills offense of last year.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
At one point Fargas had a nice run to the outside, hit the corner, turned up field and hit the burners. For a guy that limps around it is suprising how fast and quick he is. Anyhow, the run would have gone for a nice gain and it had Nick yelling "go Huggy Bear". Fargas clearly heard him and I'm not sure if it embarrased him or what l, but it had him laughing all the way back to the huddle!

And for those young folks who never saw the original Starsky and Hutch TV show or saw reruns Huggie Bear is the pimp and was played by Fargas' dad and he did give me a chuckle when I yelled it!

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd kinda say it has to do with poor depth at the tackle spot, and perhaps general the whole OL last year. Hopefully the rookies can catch on fairly quickly, if not, we might be looking at the Bills offense of last year.

I don't know if we will be that bad but I sure would rather see our QBs with some time. It seems as tho the running game is where the struggles have been and that was without Williams clogging the middle.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Yep I counted about 5 or 6 sure sacks today, the OL definitely is an area of concern thus far from camp reports and what we saw tonight.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Ky wants to go back tomorrow Nick so we may go again or wait until Friday. I won't be able to hit the early one tho, Dr appt.

theAPAOps5
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I can't tomorrow I have a deadline for some work at one of our airports and then I have my golf league tomorrow evening. I will be going to the AM practice on Friday as the afternoon is booked for me. That will be my last camp this year but it was good times meeting up tonight!

underrated29
08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah dont forget knowshon was also averaging 4+ a carry before harris went down. After that, the run game went to hell also.

Harris is a stud.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Yep I counted about 5 or 6 sure sacks today, the OL definitely is an area of concern thus far from camp reports and what we saw tonight.

Yup. Lots of blitzes that were getting to the QBs. The young guys playing RB have some potential but they need to work on protections for sure. Looks like most of our RBs catch the ball well too.

The QBs worked on some deep balls. Orton has the weakest deep ball. Quinn is pretty similar but has a decent arm still. Put a lot of air under the ball. Probably too much considering they were throwing right at the goal line rather than the back corner. Tebow came in and threw the ball on a rope the same 45 yards down field. Tebow's ball has a lot of wobble to it, when he gets the ball to tighten up his passes are going to have a ton of velocity. Anyone thinking he doesn't have enough arm strength is full of it. Just needs work throwing a tighter spiral. Not that I have a Tim Tebow type arm (close tho ;)) but I used to stuggle with the same thing when I would throw as hard as I could. A coach turned the ball around in my hand (laces 180 out) and made me use the seem to tighten up my passing. After a summer of that it was easy to throw with the laces! I still throw a tighter spiral without the laces. Smurf and I have tossed a football around at TGN's tailgates before, he can vouch for me! ;D

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't tomorrow I have a deadline for some work at one of our airports and then I have my golf league tomorrow evening. I will be going to the AM practice on Friday as the afternoon is booked for me. That will be my last camp this year but it was good times meeting up tonight!

Always! Maybe Chris or Raj can go? I'll give them a shout. We should get together for some games this year too. You're welcome to bring the wife and kiddo along or maybe we can get the fams out to a game. I know TGN would welcome us if we help him out a bit. Plus Ky is already driving me nuts about getting some tix.

Mogulseeker
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Looked like the lines were running together. QBs running with the WRs and Secondary.

And Tebow was winning?

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
And Tebow was winning?

Smoking them! The first one Fargas was close, within a couple yards. After that Tebow had the group within the first 30-40 yards.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
And Tebow was winning?

I guess Eddie Royal got him on one yesterday... And today he was barely able to run. Morale of the story, don't mess with TeShow!

R8R H8R
08-11-2010, 09:33 PM

According to this blog, the Friday morning practice is closed to the public.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2010-training-camp-day-11-p-m-blog/

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 09:42 PM
According to this blog, the Friday morning practice is closed to the public.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2010-training-camp-day-11-p-m-blog/

Darn. Was afraid that would happen. Kind of figured with installing the game plan they would close one of them. They'll probably cancel the 2nd practice. Tomorrow morning is probably the time to go!

Bronco Yoda
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
How much improvement has the O-line shown. This is the biggest concern I have for this years team.

OBF1
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
All hail Tebow !!!

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
How much improvement has the O-line shown. This is the biggest concern I have for this years team.

Not sure how much improvement there has been but I am assuming there has been plenty. Just getting the rookies up to speed is a big chore. They are far behind but they grow faster than vets. There is reason to be optimistic. The beginning of the season will be bumpy, but the stretch run will tell the tale. I am betting this team finishes stronger than they start which will be a most welcome change from what we have seen lately. Then again, Med always talks about scheme winning early and talent winning late. We are still not a super talented team, but we are getting better. I know the players and coaches aren't treating this as a rebuilding time, but that is exactly what it is. The amount of turnover from two years ago is incredible... But it also comes in phases as far as the resources we have available to acquire that talent. Sure it would be nice to go out and get a couple high vis FAs, but the fact of the matter is we needed so many parts we had to go quantity over quality. That is why we have guys like Haggan and Mays. They fit the system and team mold, but aren't the super talents that can really change the face of a franchise.

montrose
08-11-2010, 10:07 PM

His passes make a snap or thud noise when WRs catch them sometimes, like Alex said later I think he tries to throw too hard sometimes. I did notice one pass this morning in the goal-line drill when hes stopped, pumped and and went to rethrow his motion kind of dipped back to it's old way - the first time I've seen it in camp (funny enough he completed it for a TD to Graham in between 3 defenders, lol).

My favorite quote of his is "Nobody runs on the Broncos!" He yells that all the time.

No there is another coach who I couldn't pin-point who was dropping F-bombs. Quite a few kids learned their first curse words today.

Most likely candidates: Pfiefer (who yelled at Burns this morning), Martindale, B.McDaniels. Those guys are ****ing sailors.

Eddie Royal probably needs a few days of rest. He was having some issues with what I'd guess was a thigh or hip flexor. Very tentative just going through little agility drills. Glad he only has to go a few minutes Sunday Night.

This morning he jumped for a fade route in the corner and fell pretty hard on his side (after Alphonso knocked the ball out of hands - BOOM BABY!). I wouldn't be suprised if he was a little sore.

Anyone thinking that Stokley is going to be cut probably has another thing coming. He looked good tonight and had some slick "jerk" type routes. You can tell Orton has a lot of faith in him.

And a colleague of mine told me he tore it up yesterday. Keep this in mind, veterans aren't given practices off - regularly - and yuck it up with the HC and starting QB all the time if they're on the bubble. Especially on a team that cut last year's starting ILB (Andra Davis) and the present 1st tailback (Kolby Smith) to give them time to find other teams.

Our defense might just be that damned good. The OL is obviously struggling right now but even when the QBs have time there isn't much open.

The DL is amazing, best unit we've had there in... I can't remember. Throw in a blitz-happy DC and even without Doom, I think the D can be really good. With him, they could've been special.

Alphonso Smith made a nice play downfield jumping up to bat down a pass to Lloyd. Great coverage and was with him step for step. Somebody had mentioned earlier that they thought maybe #33 and 22 were being mixed up. For those of us that went to camp a lot last year that can certainly be the case. I thought 33 was Smith a few times, similar size... but two different levels of play. The only good thing I saw from 33 (Nate Jones, btw) was a nice blitz from the nickel. Later on he lined up in front of Stokley and I figured he was about to get toasted. Stokely ran a deep curl and had him turned with about 8 yards of separation... then Champ broke on the pass and was able to yank it away from Stokes for the INT.

Nate Jones royally sucks. For whatever reason (veteran, versatile) the coaches seem to like him but I've seen him get toasted over and over in camp. Meanwhile, everytime Alphonso gets reps outside in man-to-man - he plays awesome. Bias mancrush? Absolutly, but just as I did prior to the '09 draft, I think the dude is an absolutle stud and by careers end we'll be thanking the team for dealing that 1st rounder for him!

This. I've noticed he's always the first to every drill and gives 100% at all times. Just doesn't have the talent, kind of like a 5-Technique version of Engleberger.

I will say this, I am not impressed with Brady Quinn. He just doesn't look sharp or even really that good for that matter. I bet that Tebow ends up being the number 2 QB not just to get plays without mixing with the 3rd emergency QB rule but because he is the future and provides more opportunities outside of the pocket.

Wouldn't stun me either. I think Quinn is a backup QB in the NFL - maybe a starter for a bottom 5 team. He tries so hard not to make mistakes, he makes them. Could carve a nice career niche here in Denver but as with most QBs - he'll probably chase a starting job.

7-1 with Ryan Harris
1-7 without Ryan Harris

Polumbus was god awful which forced us to leave Graham in to help block and took a receiver out of the passing game or have Kuper help him outside which left Wiegmann and Hamilton to get owned. I've been screaming for two years to invest in improved depth at OTs and I'm furious the regime hasn't done anything. D'Anthony Batiste your opening day LT? Are you kidding me?

Well I can't say with much conviction but I think he looks great and will give the team a lot of production. I have talked to Montrose on the phone and he is very high on Lloyd and today I saw why.

I am going to camp again Friday morning so I will let you know what I see then. But really the proof is in the pudding come game day so we will have to see what it looks like in the limited reps in the preseason games.

Lloyd's been the team's best WR this camp, bar none. Willis has had a few deep catches burning scrubs like Cassius Vaughn which has gotten him attention. Thomas has made the biggest plays and tore it up at Invesco (and he's obviously going to be the best eventually, in fact - I think he can be the best WR in team history). But the steadiest, most consistent WR has been Lloyd.

This offense is tailored to his skills and he has great rapport with Orton. He runs really smooth routes, catches everything near him and has very deceptive deep speed. I don't think he's a long-term building block by any means but I really nice target to have, and a very professional player too.

Same as just about every practice. The D has been bringing a lot of exotic blitzes so in addition to dealing with our team's best unit (the DL), the young OL have to adjust mentally too - very taxing. Even though Walton and Beadles have been starting all camp, and I expect them too this season, it wouldn't shock me if Hochstein and S.Olsen find themselves in the lineup early if the rookies aren't ready yet.

Always! Maybe Chris or Raj can go? I'll give them a shout.

The only practice is tomorrow afternoon believe, then they're not open again until Tuesday. I work tomorrow but might be able to get out of it. Call me.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Gotta run it by the boss first Raj, but if we can make it, I will give you a shout. Ky loves getting autographs. She has a hat with about 15 on it now. Clady, Fonz, Ayers, plus a ton of others like Nate Swift, Branson, and Bruton. There were people there having Tebow sign their babies... I shiat you not!

montrose
08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Gotta run it by the boss first Raj, but if we can make it, I will give you a shout. Ky loves getting autographs. She has a hat with about 15 on it now. Clady, Fonz, Ayers, plus a ton of others like Nate Swift, Branson, and Bruton. There were people there having Tebow sign their babies... I shiat you not!

Tell her to lock up that Alphonso autograph in a safety deposit box, now!

Kaylore
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, guys.

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
i'll be there tomorrow, guys.

2:30?

~Crash~
08-11-2010, 11:07 PM

7-1 with Ryan Harris
1-7 without Ryan Harris

Ryan Harris is our best run blocker and he was the reason CBuck sprung all those long runs early in the year .

Kaylore
08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
2:30?

The schedule shows one practice at 5:30

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2010-training-camp-schedule/
THURSDAY, AUGUST 12

5:30 7:30 p.m. MST

montrose
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
The schedule shows one practice at 5:30

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2010-training-camp-schedule/

They've changed the schedule since then Chris, this site keeps the most updated schedule. Practice is at 2:30 tomorrow

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/trainingcamp/fan-information-guide.html

Los Broncos
08-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks for all the reports and imput, good stuff.

oubronco
08-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Great stuff guys, Thanks

Kaylore
08-12-2010, 06:58 AM
They've changed the schedule since then Chris, this site keeps the most updated schedule. Practice is at 2:30 tomorrow

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/trainingcamp/fan-information-guide.html

Aw crap. Well then I can't go again. :notthissh

Dagmar
08-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Aw crap. Well then I can't go again. :notthissh

I was gonna go tonight too. Dammit.

Lolad
08-12-2010, 07:10 AM

is the pressure coming from the middle of the OL or is it the edge?

theAPAOps5
08-12-2010, 07:40 AM
is the pressure coming from the middle of the OL or is it the edge?

Both from what I saw yesterday. A lot came from blitzes that weren't picked up at all.

dbfan21
08-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the solid reports guys.

bronclvr
08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the solid reports guys.

:thumbsup:

oubronco
08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Both from what I saw yesterday. A lot came from blitzes that weren't picked up at all.

Damn not good at all

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Anyone going today at 2:30? I'm thinking of heading down, but all my homies are bailin'.

gtown
08-12-2010, 10:00 AM
our team's best unit (the DL)

I never thought I would ever see these words on the Mane in any combination.

broncosteven
08-12-2010, 10:06 AM

I thought Stokley could be a late cut before TC started but with everyone going down I can't see them making that move.

What is the story on Gaffney's injury, it has been glossed over on Maxdenver? Isn't Gaffney our #1 WR right now?

Rabb
08-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I can't create a thread of course, but saw this on ESPN Insider just now...unrelated to the topic but hey, it's how I do

There's a bit of speculation on the Baltimore Sun (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/ravens_could_land_cb_from_the_denver_broncos.html) 's Ravens Insider blog, regarding the fact the team is in need of adding some help to the CB corps.

By the plan outlined, the Ravens would send a running back, linebacker or wide receiver to the Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos) (Willis McGahee (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4481), Antwan Barnes (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10577) and Mark Clayton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=6404) were used for this hypothetical) in exchange for Andre' Goodman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3596). Of those three, the Barnes suggestion makes the most sense by a long shot. The Broncos have added LenDale White (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9631) and Justin Fargas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4554) recently, and the injuries to Knowshon Moreno (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12516) and Correll Buckhalter (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2670) aren't season-threatening. As for the WRs, Clayton really isn't an upgrade there, although a few of the WRs have gotten dinged up in camp.

Besides, if we're going to speculate, we think a trade with the Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings) to acquire Lito Sheppard (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3554) -- who might be getting lost in the shuffle (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors/_/date/20100811#5711) -- makes more sense.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Wouldn't surprise me especially if Slowshon is hurt worse than thought.

Kaylore
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I can't create a thread of course, but saw this on ESPN Insider just now...unrelated to the topic but hey, it's how I do

If this were true, it would lead credence to the reports of Alphonso doing well even if Nate Jones is sucking it up.

underrated29
08-12-2010, 11:15 AM
eh its crap.

We dont need wr help. And we are not going to trade our Starting left CB for any backup LB or RB with a big contract or anything else.

If we wanted to trade for a RB, we can send a 4th to the bills for lynch and still keep our starting CB.

This makes perfect sense for the ravens and ZERO sense for us. If they want to send us gaither, or ngata, or something substantial it could happen. But no way would it otherwise go down.

Rabb
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Barnes is one hell of a pass rushing LB there, just saying. I would prefer we keep Goodman, I love our secondary right now.

oubronco
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
2010 Denver Broncos Training Camp-Kaptain's Log August 11th - PM Practice Report

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/profile_images/314020/mmgg_004_tiny.JPG by KaptainKirk (http://www.sbnation.com/users/KaptainKirk) on Aug 12, 2010 10:01 AM MDT (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8/12/1619410/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp) in 2010 Denver Broncos Training Camp (http://www.milehighreport.com/section/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp) http://cdn1.sbnation.com/images/icons/comment.v8c9bafb.png 41 comments
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/519098/66581_broncos_camp_football.jpg (http://www.milehighreport.com/photos/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp-20) More photos (http://www.milehighreport.com/photos/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp-20) JACK DEMPSEY - AP
Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton (8) tells rookie lineman J.D. Watson (50) if they have any more bad snaps, they'll both be running laps. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey)

Browse more photos (http://www.milehighreport.com/photos/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp-20)

The practice time for this afternoon was changed without my consent. Last week, today's practice was moved from 5:30 to 2:30 PM. So I sped up my typing to post the AM practice and get back to Dove Valley, only to find out it was changed back to 5:30. Anyway, at least I wasn't late or AWOL. I locate a spot at the 48 yard line that won't obstruct my view of the action. J.D. Walton (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108500/J_D_Walton) and Kyle Orton (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3114/Kyle_Orton) are out on the field. They set up at one sideline, Walton snaps the ball to Orton, and then they trot across to the opposite sideline. They turn around and continue back to their original position and set up again. They must be doing penance or something because they run this 4 or 5 times. Creedence Clearwater Revival and Stevie Wonder surround the audial senses. This turns into Bob Seger's "Hollywood Nights" and a few players appear on the field. The players are in shells and shorts for this evening's soiree. Matt Prater (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/18973/Matt_Prater) has a ball teed up at the 40 yard line, so I am thinking that a Special Team's session will start the practice off. Fine Young Cannibals "She Drives Me Crazy" plays through the PA System and that turns into the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" HORN.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg

10 minutes is put on the segment clock and the Kickoff Coverage Unit begins drilling. They are going over coverage schemes. Wesley Woodyard (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34982/Wesley_Woodyard) and two other players await on the sideline for their turn. Woody turns around and high-fives a couple of kids and that really makes their day. I notice Champ Bailey (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2906/Champ_Bailey), Brandon Stokely and Brian Dawkins (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1313/Brian_Dawkins) are present, but Jabar Gaffney is not in attendance. Robert Ayers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71313/Robert_Ayers) is also on the field. No sign of LenDale White (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2899/LenDale_White), Chris Kuper (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2939/Chris_Kuper) or Marquez Branson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/78000/Marquez_Branson) though. HORN.

The clock resets to 10 minutes. The Defense goes to the far field and the Offense stays on the near field. The Offense walks through more play installations and Justin Fargas (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3304/Justin_Fargas) sees more action here. Fargas has a limp, or a hitch in his gait and I wonder how long it's been since he had surgery on his right knee. It doesn't seem to be hampering his running though, so I decide not to worry about it. I will just say that it looks like there is still some gas left in that tank. My only hope is that it doesn't come down to whoever is healthy will start. HORN.

14 minutes are set on the clock and it is time for the light jogging and Hop, Skip and Jump routines. Robert Ayers starts dancing to the music playing. After that, the team stretches to Coach Tuten's barking and then they break off toward position drills. The ballcarriers run the gauntlet of hurdle pylons and the HORN blows.

Individual position drills go on for 5 minutes and then the HORN sounds. The Quarterbacks run end zone pass drills with the wide Receivers. HORN.

Five more minutes are set on the clock. The ball is spotted at the 20 yard line. The drill is 2 QB's, one on each hash mark, throwing to Running Back's and Wide Receiver's. They are competing against Linebackers and Defensive Backs. Justin Fargas makes a nice catch. Matthew Willis (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/16644/Matthew_Willis) comes back to make a grab. Tebow passes to Lance Ball (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/35095/Lance_Ball). Brady Quinn (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/16698/Brady_Quinn) completes a pass to Spencer Larsen, who promptly runs up the sideline. Brian Dawkins breaks up a pass intended for Richard Quinn (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71320/Richard_Quinn). HORN.

16 minutes is put on the clock. The ball is placed on the 40 yard line. 11 on 11's. Stanley Daniels (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/4269/Stanley_Daniels) is still getting reps to fill in for Chris Kuper. The Linebackers getting the 1st reps in this segment are Kevin Alexander (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109525/Kevin_Alexander), Devin Bishop, Nick Greisen (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2435/Nick_Greisen) and Jammie Kirlew (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108454/Jammie_Kirlew). Lance Ball, Justin Fargas, Bruce Hall and Toney Baker (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109527/Toney_Baker) split the carries and some of the runs are getting through the line to the second level. It looks like the Nose Tackle is missing and a 4-3 look is being used for three or four plays. That may have been why the runs up the middle were so successful. J.D.Walton runs a lap for a mistake he made. It may have been because of a bad snap exchange. Eric Olsen (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108492/Eric_Olsen) takes his place. HORN.

The clock is reset to 8 minutes and the two Units switch sides. The 11 on 11's continue. Toney Baker is caught at the line of scrimmage twice in a row. Then Wesley Woodyard breaks up an Orton pass intended for Nathan Overbay. A Brady Quinn pass is complete to Overbay who is guarded by Nick Greisen. Tyler Polumbus (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34976/Tyler_Polumbus) takes issue with Justin Bannan (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1381/Justin_Bannan) and a little pushing and shoving ensue. It quickly gets shut down since they aren't in full pads. Tebow gets sacked by Mario Haggan (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1872/Mario_Haggan). Bruce Hall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34860/Bruce_Hall) gets an earful when a coach tells him to finish the @#$%&! play. So on the next play, he runs all the way to the end zone and everyone chuckles. Lance Ball is met at the line for no gain. Justin Fargas runs off the right side for 6 yards. Tim Tebow (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108608/Tim_Tebow) throws the ball away. HORN.

8 minutes are placed on the clock and the Kick Coverage Unit drills with the JUGG's machine. Britt Davis (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71851/Britt_Davis) is returning for the Scout Team. They get two reps and then switch sides. The only advantage I see here is to make the ball boys hustle the JUGG's machine down to the opposite 20 yard line. Coach Priefer seems happy with the results he is seeing. However, they switch sides one more time and then practice onside kicks. HORN.

The clock resets to 5 minutes. The players return to their positional drills. The Quarterbacks go through passing drills with the Running Backs, Tight Ends and Wide Receivers. HORN.

9 minutes go on the clock. The Chain Gang mans the sideline. 6 on 7 drills (5 receivers and the QB vs. the Defense back seven). The 1at Nickel Unit is out on Defense. Champ Bailey breaks up an Orton pass intended for Brandon Lloyd (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1546/Brandon_Lloyd). Orton comes back to Lloyd for a completion. The 2nd Nickel rotates in and the Offense moves from a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB look, to a 4 WR, 1 RB set. Kyle Orton connects with Brandon Stokely on an inside out pattern. Brady Quinn comes in and completes a pass to Richard Quinn. Brady throws a pass a little high that goes through Lloyd's hands. Alric Arnett (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109526/Alric_Arnett) catches a pass on a comeback route in front of Champ. Tebow throws two passes to Patrick Carter (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34914/Patrick_Carter). Carter catches the first and "Stone Hands" the second one. Arnett climbs the ladder to catch the next Tebow pass. Kyle Orton passes to a wide open Britt Davis who found the dead spot in the Defense's Zone Coverage. Orton then finds Stokely over the middle for as completion. HORN.

8 minutes go on the clock and the Units switch sides. Kyle passes to Lance Ball. On the next play, Orton holds the ball too long before throwing it away. Then Kyle hits Matthew Willis in front of Cassius Vaughn (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109540/Cassius_Vaughn). A quick slant to Lloyd burns Vaughn a second time. Tebow to Willis connect over the middle. Orton completes a long pass down the middle to Stokely, who is guarded closely by Nate Jones. Jones gets even on the next play. He blitzes and picks up the sack when Ryan Harris (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/18948/Ryan_Harris) misses his block. Orton passes incomplete intended for Arnett as Alphonso Smith (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71322/Alphonso_Smith) defends.Brady Quinn to Willis but Jarvis Green (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1672/Jarvis_Green) has Quinn wrapped up. Tebow to Britt Davis on a short out. HORN.

8 minutes on the clock. They switch sides and the 1st Nickel Unit comes out for more 11 on 11's. The ball is placed at the 50 yard line and the Chains are marking progress. Orton throws to Brandon Stokely but Champ Bailey bumps the ball out of Brandon's hands for the interception. Orton completes to Patrick Carter with Robert Ayers applying pressure on the QB. Richard Quinn gets up holding his right shoulder, but continues on. Kyle leads Stokely too much on a quick slant and tells Brandon "My Bad." (Are you thinking what I'm thinking?). Kyle's pass attempt to Patrick Carter deep is broken up by Alphonso Smith as Ayers and Joe Mays (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34432/Joe_Mays) meet at the QB. Tebow tosses left to Toney Baker who makes it around the corner. A Brady Quinn pass is dropped by Alric Arnett. The Defense blitzes and Andre' Goodman intercepts the ensuing jump ball over Matthew Willis. Orton side pass to Willis that goes incomplete because of a bad pass and a bad route. Cassius Vaughn picks the ball up off the turf and heads toward the end zone. Wink says it could be a live ball (lateral). He is happy that the Defense looked alive on the play. Kyle completes a pass to Willis over Cassius Vaughn. Darcel McBath (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71316/Darcel_McBath) sacks Tebow, HORN.

9 minutes go on the segment clock. 11 on 11 Red Zone drills. Kyle Orton complete to Brandon Lloyd. I notice that Robert Ayers and Mario Haggan are the Outside Linebackers. Orton complete to Brandon Stokely over the middle. Orton to Justin Fargas just misses on a fade in the end zone with Kevin Alexander covering. Fargas runs up the middle for a yard. Orton to Stokely on a sideline out. The ball is spotted on the 10 yard line. Bruce Hall runs up the middle for 4 yards. Tebow has to throw the ball away. The ball is spotted on the 5 yard line. Kyle draws the Defense offsides. Orton over the middle to Stokely for a touchdown. 2nd "Base" Defense comes out. LeKevin Smith, Perrish Cox (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108693/Perrish_Cox), Wesley Woodyard, Chris Baker, Marcus Thomas, Joe Mays, Darcel McBath, Nate Jones (at Safety), Nick Greisen, Kevin Alexander and Alphonso Smith. Orton has a pass intended for Matthew Willis tipped away by Perrish Cox (good athletic play). Kyle passes complete to Willis with Phonz covering. HORN.

5 minutes on the clock. The Teams switch sides and continue 11 on 11's. The ball is on the 30 yard line. One minute hurry up Offense. Orton completes consecutive passes to Brandon Lloyd and Richard Quinn, then throws an incomplete pass to Lloyd. Kyle passes to Lloyd, who beats Perrish Cox and gets pushed out of bounds at the 5 yard line. HORN.

3 minutes on the clock and it's time for Field goal Blocking drills. The outside rushers practice laying out their bodies to block Field Goals. There is a mat for them to land on. The Linemen practice blocking Field Goals by penetrating the middle. HORN.

The players assemble at the Goal Line for full field sprints. They run 4 lengths and then an out to the 50 and back. Everyone claps for the linemen as Ben Garland (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109533/Ben_Garland) sprints down the field. The team huddles at midfield, and then cools down. Autograph time. Jeff Stehle (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109539/Jeff_Stehle), Riar Geer (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109534/Riar_Geer), Devin Bishop (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109529/Devin_Bishop), Jammie Kirlew, Kevin Alexander, Toney Baker, Alric Arnett, J.D.Walton, Zane Beadles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/108527/Zane_Beadles), Eric Olsen, Perrish Cox, Kyle McCarthy (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109536/Kyle_McCarthy) and Tim Tebow are all signing autographs. I get Perrish Cox and Kyle McCarthy to sign a hat and then leave, as it's been a long day.

I started nodding off last night as I transcribed this, so please forgive the tardiness. at least I fed your fix right?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8/12/1619410/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp#storyjump

Requiem
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Thank you guys for the reports.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Careful OU the owner of Mile High Report doesn't like his stuff cut and paste onto other sites. He doesn't mind the link, who wouldn't, but you don't go to his site and read when its pasted over here.

Not that I care really, but he does get upset. Oh and that camp report is horrible to read. Do we really care when the horn sounds?

Requiem
08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Barnes for Goodman isn't going to happen. Joe Mays is already getting reps as the first team TED.

Give us Mr. Willis McGahee.

Chris
08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't like the "as it happens" camp report style. I find it a huge pain to read. I much prefer the way you guys do it.

oubronco
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Careful OU the owner of Mile High Report doesn't like his stuff cut and paste onto other sites. He doesn't mind the link, who wouldn't, but you don't go to his site and read when its pasted over here.

Not that I care really, but he does get upset. Oh and that camp report is horrible to read. Do we really care when the horn sounds?

Cool no problem

Tombstone RJ
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reports gentlemen!

crush17
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM

exactly, do not cut and paste entire articles from MHR.

only links.

Rabb
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't like the "as it happens" camp report style. I find it a huge pain to read. I much prefer the way you guys do it.

samsies

crush17
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
well everyone's got to complain about something right?

just enjoy the fact that you get to have it at all imo.

epicSocialism4tw
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM

7-1 with Ryan Harris
1-7 without Ryan Harris

I love Ryan Harris as much as the next guy, but thats a little too simplistic an observation to have any meaning.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
well everyone's got to complain about something right?

just enjoy the fact that you get to have it at all imo.

Are you the author? If so don't take it as a negative but just an opinion. Fact is people will always want to have it their own way!

Chris
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Americans love statistics.

epicSocialism4tw
08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh oh Drama Llama, aka McSkillet, didn't like my Tebow Jesus reference! I got a neg rep, must have hurt his whiddle feelings! :spit:

Blasphemes are of the devil! LOL

Oh! I got a negative rep because I douched out for a minute there and I have to post it in the thread because I have to compensate!

Dude, spare the drama. You got a negative rep because you asked for it. Take it like a man and quit whining and crying like a two year old over something called "rep" on a stinking internet message board.

I put it in your rep because I didnt want to derail a thread, but apparently you want to derail the thread. Have fun with that.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2010, 02:34 PM
EDIT: Since you don't want to derail a thread I went ahead and erased my post and will just continue our dialogue behind the scenes! :thumbsup:

Great point, and I am being sincere.

Requiem
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I love Ryan Harris as much as the next guy, but thats a little too simplistic an observation to have any meaning.

So now you are a homosexual?

What do you thinK Tebow. . . I mean Jesus would say about that?

Do we get to dig a hole, throw you in it and toss stones at your face?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-12-2010, 03:00 PM

And yet, people found the correlation between Brett Kern being on the team and our win total absolutely breathtaking information.

broncosteven
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
And yet, people found the correlation between Brett Kern being on the team and our win total absolutely breathtaking information.

Britt or Brett?

epicSocialism4tw
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Britt or Brett?

http://www.steamcrow.com/image/cache/boom_king_button-800x800.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-12-2010, 03:56 PM
She's so hot, she's making me sexist. Bitch.