PDA

View Full Version : White/Decker

MABroncoFan
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Couple of injury updates from rotoworld.com. Sounds like good news on Decker.

LenDale White-RB- Broncos Aug. 11 - 11:07 am et

The leg injury keeping LenDale White out of practice this week is described as cramping in the thigh and tightness in his hamstring.

Considering his history, it's no surprise that LenDale arrived to camp in less than tip-top football shape. He's not practicing this week, and Lance Ball is the favorite to start the preseason opener against the Bengals.
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Eric Decker-WR- Broncos Aug. 11 - 11:04 am et

Broncos WR Eric Decker's latest injury is being called a sprained left ankle after all.

Injury updates out of Denver have been hard to come by, as predicted. At this point, it appears that Decker is rehabbing the pre-existing high ankle sprain that was aggravated in last Saturday's practice. The MRI apparently did not reveal an aggravation of his Lisfranc fracture. There's no timetable for his return to practice.

Chris
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks.

enjolras
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
That Decker news could not be better.

crush17
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Decker needs to just go on the PUP.

oubronco
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
WooHoo good news

diehardbroncosfan
08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I like the last couple of updates we've gotten. Doesn't sound like Decker or Thomas are too serious, Buckhalter is supposedly going to practice again next week and DJ/Baker returned to practice yesterday. If we get Moreno and Clady back reasonably quickly (Moreno by week one and Clady by week three or four hopefully) we'll be in decent shape considering where we were.

BroncosMT
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I think someone said that they expect everyone back except Doom of course for the opener. I still doubt Clady will be back but still some good news!

diehardbroncosfan
08-11-2010, 10:57 AM
If anything these injuries are going to definitely strengthen us in the long term. Think about all of the players that are getting the reps they usually wouldn't, the players we might have otherwise not signed, and how much that is going to strengthen our depth going forward. I especially can't wait to see what our running game looks like when everyone is back healthy. Moreno, Buck, Fargas, and White is an extremely talented, versatile, and deep unit, potentially the best we've had in quite some time.

mj1569
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Decker needs to just go on the PUP.

He can't at this point. If a player starts training camp they are not eligible for the PUP list.

Rabb
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I love the thread title myself, well done

Broncoman13
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
If anything these injuries are going to definitely strengthen us in the long term. Think about all of the players that are getting the reps they usually wouldn't, the players we might have otherwise not signed, and how much that is going to strengthen our depth going forward. I especially can't wait to see what our running game looks like when everyone is back healthy. Moreno, Buck, Fargas, and White is an extremely talented, versatile, and deep unit, potentially the best we've had in quite some time.

While I agree with what you are implying regarding the reps everyone else is getting, I don't think you can count on guys that haven't been through camp being in football shape. The truth of the matter is guys that play on the lines and impact positions (RB, LB, Safety) will struggle when the hitting is real. I suspect it will take Moreno and Buck a little longer than people think to really get going. They'll play early on, but they won't be "right" until week three or week four.

Los Broncos
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Not to far off from "Black/Decker" which is my employer, well it's Stanley Black and Decker now, but close enough.

dbfan21
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
That Decker news could not be better.

definitely. thank goodness it's no the lisfranc!!

Play2win
08-11-2010, 12:54 PM
While I agree with what you are implying regarding the reps everyone else is getting, I don't think you can count on guys that haven't been through camp being in football shape. The truth of the matter is guys that play on the lines and impact positions (RB, LB, Safety) will struggle when the hitting is real. I suspect it will take Moreno and Buck a little longer than people think to really get going. They'll play early on, but they won't be "right" until week three or week four.

What it might do, though, is weaken our start, but strengthen our finish. I am not wanting a weak start, but above all-- after these last few years, I want a strong season FINISH!!!

I just want December to be fun again (and maybe even January ;D )

You here me Santa, I want a playoff WIN this year...

TonyR
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Considering his history, it's no surprise that LenDale arrived to camp in less than tip-top football shape...

I guess LenDale isn't in Josina's little black book...

Mogulseeker
08-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I think someone said that they expect everyone back except Doom of course for the opener. I still doubt Clady will be back but still some good news!

That was Kilis... he said it's likely we'll have everybody at the opener sans Dumervil, who could be back after the bye week by week 10 at home against KC.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
That was Kilis... he said it's likely we'll have everybody at the opener sans Dumervil, who could be back after the bye week by week 10 at home against KC.

Holy crap! Where did the Week 10 news come from? Is that the word going around now?