PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11: Broncos @ Raiders

HEAV
08-08-2010, 09:33 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBvdUmTz1jk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBvdUmTz1jk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

----------

Looks OK. I like that they added the Gator package from NCAA to the Broncos playbook.

RonDaChamp24
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow night! Domt like playing the demo cuz I can't use the Broncos and that's the only team I use in madden! 24 hours from now I'll be up at gamestop in line getting my game!

Prodigal19
08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
We get injured on the first play. Most realistic madden yet.

maher_tyler
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
The playbook looks sick...

BMarsh615
08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Great now Royal is hurt. McDaniels is killing this team.

HEAV
08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Atleast in the video game we can turn off injuries...

enjolras
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I really wish they would have recorded some new color-commentary. I'm so tired of hearing those same calls.

maher_tyler
08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I really wish they would have recorded some new color-commentary. I'm so tired of hearing those same calls.

Nice to hear Gus Johnson in there...if they could only replace Collinsworth!

Los Broncos
08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks sweet.

Archer81
08-08-2010, 10:25 PM
It looks like it plays exactly like NCAA 2011...not surprising...But Madden 11, you will be mine...oh yes...

:Broncos:

BlaK-Argentina
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Looks like absolute ****.

Even crappier than... 06. Way to go EA!

ShutDownPoster
08-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Looks like absolute ****.

Even crappier than... 06. Way to go EA!

Excruciatingly hot avatar you got there. New Broncos model? ^5

Ugly Duck
08-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow.... Broncos 164 yards, 10 points. Raiders 18 yards, 0 points. Dang, we suck....

bpc
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
NCAA 2011 looks better to me. I've always gravitated towards those graphics when EA releases both games each year.

I think we have one of the worst rated teams this year, correct? Gonna be rough using the Broncos.

RonDaChamp24
08-08-2010, 10:58 PM
It looks like it plays exactly like NCAA 2011...not surprising...But Madden 11, you will be mine...oh yes...

It doesn't really play like NCAA 11. It's much more realistic and a lot harder. I think you'll like the game, but don't expect to put it on all madden and win by 30 or 40 like you (or at least I) can at NCAA. this year will be the best and most realistic Madden yet. I'm stoked for it. Some EA haters will never be satisfied but it's an awesome game! Can't wait till tomorrow night!

RonDaChamp24
08-08-2010, 11:00 PM
NCAA 2011 looks better to me. I've always gravitated towards those graphics when EA releases both games each year.

I think we have one of the worst rated teams this year, correct? Gonna be rough using the Broncos.

No were not one of the worst rated teams. Were rated a 78 which is just 2 point lower than last season. If you're good at Madden it doesn't matter what the team is rated anyways. You build the team up through progression in franchise mode.

Cosmo
08-08-2010, 11:01 PM
pass

BlaK-Argentina
08-08-2010, 11:01 PM
excruciatingly hot avatar you got there. New broncos model? ^5

rofl!^5^5

BlaK-Argentina
08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
It doesn't really play like NCAA 11. It's much more realistic and a lot harder. I think you'll like the game, but don't expect to put it on all madden and win by 30 or 40 like you (or at least I) can at NCAA. this year will be the best and most realistic Madden yet. I'm stoked for it. Some EA haters will never be satisfied but it's an awesome game! Can't wait till tomorrow night!

Did they remove QB vision? Last Madden I played was 08.

Cosmo
08-08-2010, 11:03 PM

You put NCAA on heisman and have the sliders adjusted properly and you won't win by 30-40 unless you play a cupcake.

Last years madden I could score 100 points against every team with it on the hardest level possible. Done with madden, happier with NCAA.

Prodigal19
08-08-2010, 11:15 PM
QB vision was the best thing the madden series ever implemented... and then they removed it because it made the casual fans shy away from the game.

RonDaChamp24
08-08-2010, 11:18 PM
You put NCAA on heisman and have the sliders adjusted properly and you won't win by 30-40 unless you play a cupcake.

Last years madden I could score 100 points against every team with it on the hardest level possible. Done with madden, happier with NCAA.

What slider settings do you suggest because I crush the computer whether it's Alabama, OU, Ohio St etc w Penn State and have little difficulty.

NCAA is cool this year. Best it's ever been. Still has nothing on madden though. Nothing like getting ahold of my Broncos and tearing through the computer and my friends with them. Love me some Madden.

Archer81
08-08-2010, 11:20 PM

What annoys me about NCAA 11 is how the **** am I a 6 star program and have been for four seasons but continually get dicked on recruits?...****ing Alabama...In 6 seasons, I have played them for the Nat'l Championship 3 times and have won each time, yet they continually get 6-12 5 star recruits...I call shenanigans.

montrose
08-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Cool to see the Wild Horses formation is in the game, as well as "Bronco Heavy" which is basically "Gator Heavy" from NCAA with Tebow in.

ShutDownPoster
08-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I have '08 - which I like a lot and I binge play it coz I'm not much of a gamer. Love choosing the 97 or 98 Broncs. I tried '10 but I didn't find you can use historic teams but I am game video game illiterate.

TheChamp24
08-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I laugh at the people who say EA keeps getting better with Madden.
EA basically did NOTHING to improve franchise mode this year, they even said this because they realized what a scrap heap it is and it would take 2 years to rehaul. Hopefully its decent next year, that is if they do actually improve it.
And then, of course, NCAA where with how recruits are, after 4-5 years in Dynasty mode, there is a huge problem with ratings where you have national powerhouses rated horrible due to the recruits, where powerhouse teams are rated what would be now middle of the pack. And also, some positions become stockpiles on teams and they have to resort to changing QB's to CB's, etc and that kickers can't kick worth a damn. Guys reporting you can't make a field goal past 30 yards, and extra points can be missed rather regularly due to the poor ratings of the recruit kickers.

I know EA tries hard, but honestly they full well know they can just polish some things, redo rosters and sell the game for huge profit without having to really do anything, because people are brainwashed into always getting the next NCAA/Madden.

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Got this game on Friday.

It's fun, and it is the only NFL football game so it is what it is. From 2010, it's an upgrade but it's not anything mind boggling. The locomotion does change how players move, pivot, and all that... but at the end of the day it's still Madden if that makes any sense. I feel as if, there was competition on the market, they'd do more upgrading every year but they're extremely modest with what they upgrade.

Tackling animations are still very similar, same with juke moves and all that. There a bunch of new sideline catching animations that are nice.

It's a fun game at the end of the day and I have noticed or found any game killing bugs. Possible the new integration of the D-pad for pre-snap adjustments... this is actually HORRIBLE and it now takes longer for hot routes, shifts... all that.

There is dumb **** that happens though, but I guess that's what happens in video games.

Running of the Broncos heavy is similar to Gator Heavy but not as many pass plays. Our TE's are not fast nor good catching TE's so it really limits the passing plays.

Running out of the Gator Heavy or Wild Horses is easily stopped too... especially the Wild Horses. When the carrier gets (Moreno or Tebow) gets the ball, they pivot their foot back before they take off. The time it takes to do this pretty much botches the play most the time. And with the new locomotion, it takes time to gain speed (unless you have a CJ or AP, etc) so the take off is extremely slow... which makes it even less effective/worst.

I think Orton's ratings are cool for the most part, if you're referring to last year, but I believe it'll go up this year with his improvement. There is still a lot of instances like last year where he just point blank misses WR's down field on "long" passes. This is annoying - and I almost feel they're hating on him when this happens because some of these passes are to open players. His THP is only 80... which I think is low for him but I guess that's the common perception of him. However Philip Rivers is 88 which I think is complete BS... they had it right last year when he had like an 83 THP.

Theres a roster update that came out yesterday, and we obviously got Lendale. He's mighty slow (I think 79 or 77 speed?) but he trucking is nice and he'll be great for short yard situations.

Eddie Royal is a beast in the return game, especially with the new locomotion. It takes some joy stick jockying for him to be really effective... so it's not as easy as it sounds.

Bay Bay is a monster on the deep ball (if Orton can accurately get it there). He burns pretty much all the CB's (96 speed) and will tear up press coverage.

Matthew Willis isn't in the game yet, so I hope he shows up the 1st few weeks (for the Broncos sake too) so he can get some accurate ratings with high spd, agi, acc.

Dumervil is a beast obviously. I think they underrate Mario a bit, but it is what it is.

As you can see in that video, the playbook is almost a complete turnover from last year (if you played last years). The funny thing is, you'd think there would be a ****load of screen plays based on what we did for a lot of the season, but there's actually not as much as I thought there would be. There is a TE screen which is cool (wasn't there last year I don't believe for the Broncos).

Oh and Gameflow is nice... but I think most people aren't going to use it online. Sometimes it can really **** you over and you kind of want control of what play to pick. When Gameflow is on though, you can choose to use it or to open the full playbook on every play... well if you have the demo I'm sure you know. I think what they should have done here is give you an option to CHOOSE the plays out of the plays in your game plan rather than just have a random play selected by the CPU.

Last thing, is the Broncos defensive playbook... it's just a basic 3-4 with all the 3-4 formations... nickel with nickel base, strong, and 3-3-5. There's Dime and Dollar... Quarter. Some of the blitzes/plays are new this year but a lot is still basic like last years and the years before.

Anyways, if you have any questions just shoot it up and I'll try and answer.

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 02:10 AM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="wmode" value="transparent" valuetype="data" /><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.www.easports.com/static/194.18.33/flash/mdMediaPlugin/mediaplayer.swf?file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/madden11/4050644/552A0001_4_FLV_VIDEO_bhv.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29389473&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" valuetype="data" /><embed src="http://cdn.www.easports.com/static/194.18.33/flash/mdMediaPlugin/mediaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2011/madden11/4050644/552A0001_4_FLV_VIDEO_bhv.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29389473&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image="></embed></object><div style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"><a href="http://www.easports.com/" target="_top" shape="rect">EA Sports</a>: <a href="http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29389473" target="_top" shape="rect">Madden NFL 11 Video Highlight</a></div>
There's a 50 yard pass to Thomas if anyone is interested... burned Vontae Davis. It was online.

i4jelway7
08-09-2010, 03:03 AM
too bad the next roster update will put highest rated bronco-- Elvis Dumervil on the IR... have fun playing w/ a weak team online

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 03:45 AM
too bad the next roster update will put highest rated bronco-- Elvis Dumervil on the IR... have fun playing w/ a weak team online

Usually when a player goes on IR you can still put him in.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-09-2010, 05:49 AM
What annoys me about NCAA 11 is how the **** am I a 6 star program and have been for four seasons but continually get dicked on recruits?...****ing Alabama...In 6 seasons, I have played them for the Nat'l Championship 3 times and have won each time, yet they continually get 6-12 5 star recruits...I call shenanigans.

What team are you using to play? I had the same problem with UW for three straight seasons... ran into Tebow and the Gators one year, then OSU the next two, and each time lost by a last second field goal.

orinjkrush
08-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Several thousand former National Football League players have filed a class-action lawsuit against Electronic Arts, claiming that the company has engaged in the “commercial exploitation” of using their likenesses in Madden NFL videogames without permission or due compensation.

Calling EA’s actions “blatant and prolific,” the lawsuit, which was filed last week with the US District Court of Northern California, alleges that recent iterations of the best-selling Madden NFL franchise have appropriated former players’ attributes to a nearly identical degree and that, in many cases, have made “trivial changes” in players’ profiles in order to skirt licensing requirements from the NFL Players Association. “These changes reflect a calculated and underhanded attempt to avoid having to pay any license or royalty,” the suit contends. “In this way, EA has exploited the retired players by using their valuable likenesses and publicity rights.”

The suit names former running back Tony Davis, who played six seasons in the NFL in the late ’70s and early ’80s, as the plaintiff, and seeks punitive damages based on all profits made from Madden games sold from July 29, 2008 to the present.

Although the suit does not specifically mention John Madden – the Hall of Fame coach and former broadcaster upon whose name the series is based – this sort of legal wrangling, depending on how far it progresses, has the potential to tarnish what has become one of the biggest success stories in videogame-publishing history. Indeed, more than just the sheer enjoyment that the games have provided to fans or the billions they have made for EA, the Madden NFL franchise has also evolved into a tool that players themselves have used to enhance their play on the gridiron.

EA has not publicly commented on the legal proceedings.

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/08/ea-madden-lawsuit/

montrose
08-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Got this game on Friday.

How'd you get it already?

BlaK-Argentina
08-09-2010, 10:36 AM
QB vision was the best thing the madden series ever implemented... and then they removed it because it made the casual fans shy away from the game.

Well, doesn't really surprise me. They got rid of almost anything that worked well and made it more realistic. (like playmaker in 04 that worked great, then they ****ed it up, being able to direct your lead blocker in 05, QB vision in 06... I'm going to assume you can still take control of a player that's not the QB on offense like in 07 and 08)

Dagmar
08-09-2010, 10:54 AM
How'd you get it already?

This! Looking forward to Wednesday!

Chris
08-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I got the game on Thursday. It's pretty much the same as 10 if you don't care about online COOP and want to pick your plays. Still, I'm enjoying it.

Dagmar
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I got the game on Thursday. It's pretty much the same as 10 if you don't care about online COOP and want to pick your plays. Still, I'm enjoying it.

Could one of you delightful people explain how you got this game a week early?

Chris
08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Moreno and Tebow both look like themselves. That's about it for Broncos players. The commentary sounds so similar to last year it may even be the same commentary. Kicking has been changed to be more simple which to me is just a case of them wanting to change something for the sake of changing it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it... Madden fixes things that were fine every year to give the illusion that they've made major changes. The only reason I bought it is because I play online franchise with my coworkers.

Dagmar
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Are you guys allergic to telling us how you got it early or what??

elsid13
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Moreno and Tebow both look like themselves. That's about it for Broncos players. The commentary sounds so similar to last year it may even be the same commentary. Kicking has been changed to be more simple which to me is just a case of them wanting to change something for the sake of changing it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it... Madden fixes things that were fine every year to give the illusion that they've made major changes. The only reason I bought it is because I play online franchise with my coworkers.

So how is the draft and off season in franchise?

Chris
08-09-2010, 01:28 PM
So how is the draft and off season in franchise?

Haven't checked that out yet I just skipped to the Jags and whooped their ass. Can do tonight.

I got it early because I work in the industry.

elsid13
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Haven't checked that out yet I just skipped to the Jags and whooped their ass. Can do tonight.

Thanks. I wondering how the NCAA draft class come in. I wish EA would actually overhaul the franchise and bring back stuff that was last gen product.

Swedish Extrovert
08-09-2010, 02:03 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBvdUmTz1jk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBvdUmTz1jk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

----------

Looks OK. I like that they added the Gator package from NCAA to the Broncos playbook.

I like the graphics, but what's up with the overly enthusiastic announcing? He THROOOOWWS.... the is brought to you by Verison wireless, the official supplier of the NATIONAL... FOOOTBAL.... LEAGUE.

Swedish Extrovert
08-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Well, get a version for the MacBook Pro, already!

Madden is the only video game I've really ever played... so I will never buy a console.

Not a lot of games for Mac.

yerner
08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Still looks ****ty. The player interaction is same typical madden bs. NHL and NBA2k kill this game. They need to start from scratch. It's too bad EA never wanted to really try to impress.

Chris
08-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Only two more years of Madden exclusivity... hopefully. Madden sales have actually gone down since 2006. They've poisoned their own fan base with a lackluster game.

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Only two more years of Madden exclusivity... hopefully. Madden sales have actually gone down since 2006. They've poisoned their own fan base with a lackluster game.

It'll be nice for some competition because that will force EA to bring out a better product.

2 years is a long time. McDaniels could have a ring on his index finger and I'm not talking Cracker Jack.

i4jelway7
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM

EA will re-up with the NFL before the contract expires, EA won't let go of that license easily... believe that

montrose
08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
EA will re-up with the NFL before the contract expires, EA won't let go of that license easily... believe that

This. EA's found it's a smarter financial move to pay ridiculous money for the exclusive license and save money on annually developing a top notch game since there's no competition - they can also put out supplemental games (NFL Head Coach, Madden Arcade) with little development that still sell because of the NFL license.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Will purchase tomorrow on way home from work.

chadta
08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
thanks guys, i totally forgot about this games release date, its been posted for almost 24 hours now, ill be playing it in 20 minutes

and yeah i know its wrong popps, i just dont care

Chris
08-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Thought it was spelled "belee dat".

What questions do people have and I'll try to answer?

521 1N5
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
we get injured on the first play. Most realistic madden yet.

lmao

Chris
08-09-2010, 08:53 PM
The NFL loves the video game monopoly because it itself is a monopoly.

montrose
08-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Just played two games, worst Madden since '07. The new kicking meter and strategy pad are horrible - change for the sake of change which makes the game worse. The gameplay feels choppy and the control is terrible. Hopefully some of this stuff gets patched up or NCAA's heading back into my Xbox permanently.

i4jelway7
08-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Just played two games, worst Madden since '07. The new kicking meter and strategy pad are horrible - change for the sake of change which makes the game worse. The gameplay feels choppy and the control is terrible. Hopefully some of this stuff gets patched up or NCAA's heading back into my Xbox permanently.

agreed the strategy pad is horrible.. but there will be a patch the first week of the NFL season to add the old controls back

RhymesayersDU
08-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Digging the game, love putting TEBOW in.

Chris
08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I hate the new kicking meter.

Los Broncos
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I hate the new kicking meter.

Same here, I cant hit 100 percent on the power.

Doggcow
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Everything they changed sucks ass. It seems like DB/Secondary bugs have returned.

The Broncos can't intercept anything to save their lives.

Defense is nearly non existent in this years addition.

Removing sprint was stupid.

Gator Heavy is awesome.

jhns
08-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I played my first regular season game last night. My first TD came from a Cox pick 6. The second was a Tebow scramble from the 5. The third was a 40 yard Moreno run. I beat the Jags 21-10. Tebow was like 9 of 13 for 190 yards and the rushing TD.

I think we should bench Orton IRL since it worked in Madden.

Edit: I would like to add that Thomas is impossible to stop at receiver. He had like 6 catches for 110 in a very short game.

Chris
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm playing on all-pro and winning by 30-40 points on average. It seems like they made this year a lot easier.

jhns
08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm playing on all-pro and winning by 30-40 points on average. It seems like they made this year a lot easier.

I use the my skill thing. I couldn't run up the score though as the game went really fast with that clock runoff feature on. I'm going to have to take that off or extend the quarters.

Los Broncos
08-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Have you played online yet?

BlaK-Argentina
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Everything they changed sucks ass. It seems like DB/Secondary bugs have returned.

The Broncos can't intercept anything to save their lives.

Defense is nearly non existent in this years addition.

Removing sprint was stupid.

Gator Heavy is awesome.

You can't sprint?? WTF?

spdirty
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Just put it in. The Drew Brees opening is badass.

BMarsh615
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
You guys must not be playing on All Pro because Tebow and Thomas suck balls on All Pro. All Thomas can do is run streaks if he has to make any sort of cut it slows his route down horrendously and the opposing DB just sits there waiting on him to finish his route.

Tebow can't complete anything over 15 yards and after simulating a few franchises it seems that his overall rating tops out at 88 overall.

wolf754life
08-12-2010, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj0mhShYMi8&feature=related

elsid13
08-13-2010, 10:02 AM
You can't sprint?? WTF?

They changed to be like FIFA and NHL game. The players sprints as you progress done the field, it more natural then old hold done the sprint button.

Rabb
08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj0mhShYMi8&feature=related

my God, that's horrible

Los Broncos
08-13-2010, 10:11 AM
my God, that's horrible

The same happens on Madden 2005-2006.

I thought they would fix that or something.