PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2010 camp video!

HEAV
08-08-2010, 09:21 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DBZ_BNWrdxo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DBZ_BNWrdxo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
08-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice, Tebow threw some lasers out there.

uplink
08-08-2010, 10:15 PM
thanks, enjoyed it.

bpc
08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Great video, about three minutes in.... TEBOW, THROW THE BALL!!!! Holy crap he's holding on to it for a long time. He's gotta cut that string and go somewhere with it.

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Great video, about three minutes in.... TEBOW, THROW THE BALL!!!! Holy crap he's holding on to it for a long time. He's gotta cut that string and go somewhere with it.

That was less than 4 seconds he held onto the ball.

Try again.

Kaylore
08-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Orton had more plays where he held the ball too long than Tebow did in that video.

Rabb
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
That was less than 4 seconds he held onto the ball.

Try again.

don't question the ol' ball coach

TheReverend
08-09-2010, 11:54 AM
2:45

Gorgeous

TheReverend
08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
4:30 is gross though.

wtf timmy

Los Broncos
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
2:45

Gorgeous

No ****, that was a frozen rope!

TheReverend
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Pass pro looks pretty bad. Quinn looks a lot worse than I'd hoped. Orton still hasn't grown a pair from the throws in that vid. Some plays Tebow looks like a 5 yr vet and others still like a senior at Florida. Ugh, I really wish I weren't missing this Cinnci game.

BMF Bronco
08-09-2010, 12:21 PM
wow, I cant friggin wait until sunday!

TheProfessor
08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
4:02 beautiful back shoulder throw

Ray Finkle
08-09-2010, 12:33 PM
that video annoys me.....why do they have to keep pausing for pictures?

Jay3
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
4:30 is gross though.

wtf timmy

You think, really? I thought that looked like a bullet. I can barely see the football.

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Ugggg.... I'm as much a Tebow believer as anybody, but he's STILL holding on to the ball too long and dipping it before he throws it. He obviously still has an incredibly long way to go before he's ready to play in the NFL.

Look at 5:03 - he practically drops that thing to his hips.

Quinn's mechanics are much better, but he holds on to the ball much longer than Tebow.

Orton is clearly the best QB on this team right now. He's always had beautiful mechanics. He still looks like he lacks accuracy on the deep throws, but he's the most accurate in the short game, and evidently, his pocket presence - which was an issue of concern last year - looks much better. (And he still has the quickest release of any player on the team).

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
You think, really? I thought that looked like a bullet. I can barely see the football.

Probably because the camera was out of focus during the ball's flight, lol.

Kaylore
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Pass pro looks pretty bad. Quinn looks a lot worse than I'd hoped.
That's funny because he looks exactly like I thought he would: Hold the ball a long time and then throw into dirt. Then go flex on the sidelines.

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
This video is an omen - right when the picture pans to Dumvervil, Baily and B-Dawk the lyrics say "Maybe it's hopeless, maybe I should just give up."

Jay3
08-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Totally. Favre wheelhouse on that one. My first thought was that TheReverend meant that one when he said "gross." Because it was also incomplete. (Though it may have been a throw away).

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
That's funny because he looks exactly like I thought he would: Hold the ball a long time and then throw into dirt. Then go flex on the sidelines.

His mechanics are decent... just needs to work on the accuracy and the release.

That pass to Lloyd was pretty sweet.

Kaylore
08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Ugggg.... I'm as much a Tebow believer as anybody, but he's STILL holding on to the ball too long and dipping it before he throws it. He obviously still has an incredibly long way to go before he's ready to play in the NFL.

Quinn's mechanics are much better, but he holds on to the ball much longer than Tebow.

Orton is clearly the best QB on this team right now. He's always had beautiful mechanics. He still looks like he lacks accuracy on the deep throws, but he's the most accurate in the short game, and evidently, his pocket presence - which was an issue of concern last year - looks much better. (And he still has the quickest release of any player on the team).
Tebow's mechanics aren't as much a concern as people think they will be. First of all he's working on them and they are improving. But more importantly there hasn't been a single report of Tebow's slow motion getting him in trouble in camp. Remember, he is playing against pro players right now, so if it was such a huge deal we'd be reading about lots of fumbles and deflections - especially concerning how depleted our offensive line is. I get that camp is camp, but they are still pro starters with some pro-bowl players in there.

Tebow will be fine as far as mechanics. He'll work hard enough and keep it in check enough it won't be a problem. I don' t think they'll ever go away completely, at least not for some years, but they won't be an issue.

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Totally. Favre wheelhouse on that one. My first thought was that TheReverend meant that one when he said "gross." Because it was also incomplete. (Though it may have been a throw away).

That's a bad thing.

That throw = completion in college... sack in the pros

Jay3
08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
To me, the worst one is the last one (at about 8:42). It's got it all -- holding it forever, wheelhouse wind-up, and the throw looks like it takes forever to get there.

Kaylore
08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
His mechanics are decent... just needs to work on the accuracy and the release.

That pass to Lloyd was pretty sweet.

And he needs to throw the ball on time. See that's my problem with Quinn, he looks the part, does everything right, but at the end of the day he sucks. It doesn't matter how pretty you look in your drop back if you are taking sacks and don't know where you're going with the ball.

Jay3
08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
That's a bad thing.

That throw = completion in college... sack in the pros

The throw I'm talking about (5:00) is not a completion anywhere but the popcorn stand.

coachmastermind
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Smurf, not picking on your post in particular but just the general idea I'm hearing about how improved Orton is, and trying not to offer too much false hope.

The thing to remember when watching and commenting about all the QB's at this time of year, this is PRACTICE- and they can't get hit... and don't think thats not in the back of their mind. From what I've ever seen of Orton this will continue to be a huge issue when the real bullets start flying. This is the same guy last year I saw go down when a stiff breeze hit him. I don't care how much better he knows the offense, or is more confident- it does no good if he knows where the hot read is, when he's laying in the fetal position because a rush is coming. Physically he doesn't have the tools to be elusive in the pocket, and once your mind is scared of getting hit, its a hard thing to get out...

I'm not saying he's not the best of our 3 qb's RIGHT NOW, but I think he has a low ceiling, and we've pretty much seen him hit it already. So I wouldn't hold my breath for some huge improvement from Orton at the QB position.

Time will tell.

Houshyamama
08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Smurf, not picking on your post in particular but just the general idea I'm hearing about how improved Orton is, and trying not to offer too much false hope.

The thing to remember when watching and commenting about all the QB's at this time of year, this is PRACTICE- and they can't get hit... and don't think thats not in the back of their mind. From what I've ever seen of Orton this will continue to be a huge issue when the real bullets start flying. This is the same guy last year I saw go down when a stiff breeze hit him. I don't care how much better he knows the offense, or is more confident- it does no good if he knows where the hot read is, when he's laying in the fetal position because a rush is coming. Physically he doesn't have the tools to be elusive in the pocket, and once your mind is scared of getting hit, its a hard thing to get out...

I'm not saying he's not the best of our 3 qb's RIGHT NOW, but I think he has a low ceiling, and we've pretty much seen him hit it already. So I wouldn't hold my breath for some huge improvement from Orton at the QB position.

Time will tell.

I don't think this is true. While I don't see him as a perennial pro-bowler, I do think that we've haven't seen the best he has to offer yet. While he may still be sack scarred, to say that an additional year in the system and tutelage under McDaniels will not improve his game is unfair and I think will prove to be untrue.

Mogulseeker
08-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Time will tell.

And I'm not saying it applies to Orton specifically, but everything you said about Orton in the pocket, they said about Tom Brady as well.

coachmastermind
08-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't think this is true. While I don't see him as a perennial pro-bowler, I do think that we've haven't seen the best he has to offer yet. While he may still be sack scarred, to say that an additional year in the system and tutelage under McDaniels will not improve his game is unfair and I think will prove to be untrue.

We'll see, that's whats great about this game, and this time of year.

I think Quinn and Tebow (including the price we paid for him) are all indications of how much confidence McD ultimately has with Orton.

NYBronco
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
At 7:52 Nate Jones quickly comes off the edge and gets a nice "sack" on Orton...I believe.

bronco militia
08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
mehhhh...good throws, but Tebow would have been sacked. looks like chris simms in the pre-season last year

TheReverend
08-09-2010, 02:35 PM

This is practice. I don't care if the balls going fast or if he completes it if he's regressing to a full body flail like that.

Houshyamama
08-09-2010, 02:43 PM
We'll see, that's whats great about this game, and this time of year.

I think Quinn and Tebow (including the price we paid for him) are all indications of how much confidence McD ultimately has with Orton.

I completely agree. But the fact that McD didn't go out and get proven QB talent, along with his need to win now shows his confidence in Orton, at least in the short term. While I don't think he sees Orton as the long term solution at QB, he definitely thinks he can get the job done for the next few years.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I think its funny that people are making huge judgements about Tebow based on whats shown in that video.

elsid13
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Tebow feet look better when he throws. Still not balanced but most of the time he hasbetter base then he did. Orton is slow and his feet in the pocket still suck. The center of the line needs to improve from last year or we are going to face more problems up the middle with Orton piss poor feet.