PDA

View Full Version : Decker and Thomas updates

MABroncoFan
08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. Got it on rotoworld.com.

Fox 31s Josina Anderson reports that Broncos WR Eric Decker suffered a left foot sprain, not left ankle sprain like previously speculated.

Anderson also reports that a pre-MRI detected evidence of a previously existing high ankle sprain. In short, when Decker went down yesterday doctors found both a pre-existing high ankle sprain in addition to a left foot sprain. What does this all mean? If the MRI confirms aggravation of Decker's previous Lisfranc fracture he'll be looking at missing extended time. Any way you cut it things don't look good for Decker.

-----------------------------

Fox 31 Denver's Josina Anderson reports that Demaryius Thomas' left foot injury is an aggravation of his pre-Combine fracture.

Sunday's tests, including a CT scan, are expected to determine whether the soreness is from "old or new damage, a combination of both, and to what extent." One source tells Anderson the initial belief is that "it's not that serious." Thomas reportedly struggled early in camp, lacking confidence in his foot. The past two days, however, he had been coming on strong, highlighted by a pair of TD catches just prior to the re-injury.
Source: Fox 31 KDVR Denver

lostknight
08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. Got it on rotoworld.com.
Fox 31s Josina Anderson reports that Broncos WR Eric Decker suffered a left foot sprain, not left ankle sprain like previously speculated.

This actually makes a lot of sense, there was a lot of good early press, and a sudden drop off this week. I suspect that this injury was hitting early.

Chris
08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks man. Not great news.

diehardbroncosfan
08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Well at least it sounds like it's good news on Thomas' end. It's too bad with Decker, but hopefully if he isn't able to contribute much this year we won't rush him back onto the field and let him recover for next year.

Cito Pelon
08-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Broncos practices have been canceled for today. They won't practice again until Tuesday.

MABroncoFan
08-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Broncos practices have been canceled for today. They won't practice again until Tuesday.

Good move. At this rate they won't have any players left come Sept. 12.

diehardbroncosfan
08-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Not a terrible idea. Time to get whatever is the water out of it.

BMarsh615
08-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I didn't get much of anything out of that report from Josina.

HEAV
08-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Reports say that Bay Bay dealing with scar tissue in the foot.

meangene
08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I didn't get much of anything out of that report from Josina.

Me either. What is a "pre-MRI"? And a sprained foot does not necessarily mean an aggravation of a previous fracture. It could just mean a sprained foot. Guess she felt the need to write something. Wake me when the tests come in.

bpc
08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Anybody surprised Decker's hurt? That's been the story of this guy's career at Minnesota and will continue to be so on the next level. Great player when heallthy, unfortunately it never stays that way for long.

meangene
08-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Reports say that Bay Bay dealing with scar tissue in the foot.

That would be pretty normal then. It's going to cause some discomfort from time to time when it is stressed. Reports said he walked off the field and to the locker room under his own power.

meangene
08-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Anybody surprised Decker's hurt? That's been the story of this guy's career at Minnesota and will continue to be so on the next level. Great player when heallthy, unfortunately it never stays that way for long.

I think the hope is that now that he has given up baseball and is able to condition himself for football in the offseason that will not continue to be the case. Unfortunately, he spent this offseason recovering from the fracture. Hopefully the sprain is just a minor setback.

misturanderson
08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Sucks about Decker. Guys that are prone to soft tissue injuries never really get better from them. Ligaments and tendons never truly heal back to 100%. I also wonder if they don't have some genetic predisposition to somewhat weaker connective tissue that makes them get so many different soft tissue injuries. These injury prone guys can have a couple productive seasons or be good while they aren't injured, but can rarely stay in the line-up on a regular basis.

Has there ever been a guy that had multiple knee or ankle injuries in college that was able to stay consistently healthy in the pros?

BowlenBall
08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Sucks about Decker. Guys that are prone to soft tissue injuries never really get better from them. Ligaments and tendons never truly heal back to 100%. I also wonder if they don't have some genetic predisposition to somewhat weaker connective tissue that makes them get so many different soft tissue injuries. These injury prone guys can have a couple productive seasons or be good while they aren't injured, but can rarely stay in the line-up on a regular basis.

Has there ever been a guy that had multiple knee or ankle injuries in college that was able to stay consistently healthy in the pros?

Frank Gore.

misturanderson
08-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Frank Gore.

He's been pretty healthy, but he still misses a couple games a year due to injury. His really big year in '06 was the only year he didn't get injured and miss a game.

SoCalBronco
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM
He's been pretty healthy, but he still misses a couple games a year due to injury. His really big year in '06 was the only year he didn't get injured and miss a game.

He would have been one of the greatest NFL running backs of all time if he didn't have two ACL tears in college.

He's still a very good pro, but looked like he was going to be the best UM running back of all time as a true freshman in 2001. When he got the oppurtunity to spell Portis, he averaged almost 10 yards per carry.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Huh? He had missed one game in his college career (junior season) until he got hurt last year. Try not to overexaggerate too much.

brother love
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
He would have been one of the greatest NFL running backs of all time if he didn't have two ACL tears in college.

He's still a very good pro, but looked like he was going to be the best UM running back of all time as a true freshman in 2001. When he got the oppurtunity to spell Portis, he averaged almost 10 yards per carry.

That Miami team was unbelievable to have that much talent like they did.
Look at all the Pro's from that team.

Willis Mcgahee, Najeh Davenport, Andre Johnson, Antrell Rolle, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Kelly Jennings, Sean Taylor, Phillip Buchannon, Frank Gore, Rocky McIntosh, Vince Wilfork, Bryant McKinnie, Kellen Winslow, Jonathan Vilma, Roscoe Parrish, Jeremy Shockey, William Joseph, Brett Romberg, Martin Bibla, Jerome McDougle and Kevin Everett.

Damn!

meangene
08-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Thurman Thomas

Requiem
08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Huh? He had missed one game in his college career (junior season) until he got hurt last year. Try not to overexaggerate too much.

It is what he does best.

bpc
08-08-2010, 02:20 PM

2008 season
Decker finished his junior season with 84 catches for 1,074 yards and seven touchdowns.[1] He either sat out or played with neck, shoulder and leg injuries in several games.[2]

2009 season
Decker began the season with the consistent, elite play that had been a hallmark of his Gopher career. Through 3 games, Decker is 6th in the nation in receiving yards, averaging 124.8 per game. Sports Illustrated columnist Stewart Mandel declared Decker the 3rd best wide receiver in college football, behind Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant and Georgia's AJ Green.[3]
On October 27, it was announced that Decker was going to miss the rest of the season (4 games) after suffering a sprained foot against Ohio State. The injury was confirmed as the Lisfranc spraign which required surgery and is notoriously difficult to come back from in football.[4]

Good call junior. Do a little research. I watch a lot of Big 10 games and saw him leave the field a bunch during his junior season as well.

bpc
08-08-2010, 02:21 PM
It is what he does best.

See the post above.

Requiem
08-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Your first bolded point doesn't do much. He played through injuries and occasionally went off the field to get checked up before being able to return or not. These were not large injuries that kept him from missing significant time in 2008.

Herc's point was that he missed one whole game due to injury, prior to his lisfranc injury this past year in his collegiate career. He was right.

Do you remember which games he was leaving back in 2008? I doubt you do.

I've had the ability to go to several Gophers games and see most all their broadcasts over the past five years because I am a spit away from the Twin Cities. You are not being genuine with your statements regarding the health issues concerning Decker. His lisfranc injury that ended his fabulous campaign in 2009 was the only major one of his entire career with the Golden Gophers.

Get a clue.

Archer81
08-08-2010, 02:30 PM

He missed 5 games due to injury in four years...four of the five last year when he hurt his foot. Am I missing some secret stat or insider thing where it is stated differently?

:Broncos:

Requiem
08-08-2010, 02:37 PM
He missed 5 games due to injury in four years...four of the five last year when he hurt his foot. Am I missing some secret stat or insider thing where it is stated differently?

No, but you are witnessing BPC putting his hands and head up his ass to come up with the best dog**** ever to try and reinforce his uninformed opine regarding Decker. One wonders if he'll ever come around. Doubt it.

oubronco
08-08-2010, 02:41 PM
How long are they saying he'll be out

Requiem
08-08-2010, 02:43 PM
How long are they saying he'll be out

Probably two weeks. It is how long it is going to take for Tim to get some holy water back from the Promise Land.

bpc
08-08-2010, 02:45 PM
No, but you are witnessing BPC putting his hands and head up his ass to come up with the best dog**** ever to try and reinforce his uninformed opine regarding Decker. One wonders if he'll ever come around. Doubt it.

What's his status right now? Because I swear he's injured again, as of right now. True or false? This guy is gong to be a Nate Jackson type most likely. A guy that totally looks the part, makes some great plays, and gets injured a ton.

That's my prediction. What's yours? That's right, you never give an opinion one way or another. You just sit on your thumbs and criticize like you always do.

Do me a favor... save this post of mine. Just like you could have with Ryan Harris' issues and also Knowshon's. Come back and talk to me in three years and we'll see where we're at. If i'm wrong, criticize away. Until then, STFU about things you have no understanding of since you never played football past pop-warner.

Thanks.

oubronco
08-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Probably two weeks. It is how long it is going to take for Tim to get some holy water back from the Promise Land.

Please refrain from the Tebow BS, how long for Thomas?

Requiem
08-08-2010, 02:47 PM

You have a brain, check out Josina's twitter and find out!

oubronco
08-08-2010, 02:51 PM

You know that you can't believe anything she or it says

Requiem
08-08-2010, 02:54 PM
What's his status right now? Because I swear he's injured again, as of right now. True or false? This guy is gong to be a Nate Jackson type most likely. A guy that totally looks the part, makes some great plays, and gets injured a ton.

You are right, he is injured. So bold to state it after the fact. Wow!

That's my prediction. What's yours? That's right, you never give an opinion one way or another. You just sit on your thumbs and criticize like you always do.

I hope that Decker will have a long and successful career with the Denver Broncos. Best case scenario, he could have numbers compared to Hines Ward. Worst case scenario, he is Tim Dwight without the return prowess. As you may remember, Dwight's career was often involved with multiple injuries that impacted his ability to contribute.

Do me a favor... save this post of mine.

No thanks.

Just like you could have with Ryan Harris' issues and also Knowshon's. Come back and talk to me in three years and we'll see where we're at.

Hopefully you aren't around here in three years.

If i'm wrong, criticize away. Until then, STFU about things you have no understanding of since you never played football past pop-warner.

No understanding of what? I'm well aware of Decker's career at the University of Minnesota and how and when he was injured. And I played football past Pop Warner, just because I didn't suit up for powerhouse Missouri State doesn't mean I can't read between the lines on the health regarding a player.

We all know that lisfranc injuries are hard to come back from. Looks like he messed it up again. Unfortunate. Nobody gives a **** if you enjoy touting your horn when players get injured.

At least he made it to the next level, right?

HEAV
08-08-2010, 03:04 PM
That would be pretty normal then. It's going to cause some discomfort from time to time when it is stressed. Reports said he walked off the field and to the locker room under his own power.

Yup. It looks like it was just scar tissue...Thankfully! Hopefully a few days rest will help!

-----------------------

The Broncos were initially concerned because it was the same foot that Thomas fractured in March. But a person with knowledge of the diagnosis told The Associated Press on Sunday afternoon that Thomas wasn't seriously injured and that he won't be out long-term.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team hadn't publicly addressed the issue.

Homer Simpson
08-08-2010, 03:09 PM

Josina's twitter is just awful, AWFUL. If she breaks a story MaxBroncos/Or Lindsay from the post breaks it right after. I'd rather wait those few seconds than lose more brain cells to reading the grinch!

Requiem
08-08-2010, 03:10 PM
We need Beybabebebyebebey on the field. I hope he scores 9 touchdowns against the ViKES!

Requiem
08-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Josina's twitter is just awful, AWFUL. If she breaks a story MaxBroncos/Or Lindsay from the post breaks it right after. I'd rather wait those few seconds than lose more brain cells to reading the grinch!

I know I was beign saracstic. I go to www.johnelway4life.com for my Broncos news!

bpc
08-08-2010, 03:22 PM
You are right, he is injured. So bold to state it after the fact. Wow!

I hope that Decker will have a long and successful career with the Denver Broncos. Best case scenario, he could have numbers compared to Hines Ward. Worst case scenario, he is Tim Dwight without the return prowess. As you may remember, Dwight's career was often involved with multiple injuries that impacted his ability to contribute.

No thanks.

Hopefully you aren't around here in three years.

No understanding of what? I'm well aware of Decker's career at the University of Minnesota and how and when he was injured. And I played football past Pop Warner, just because I didn't suit up for powerhouse Missouri State doesn't mean I can't read between the lines on the health regarding a player.

We all know that lisfranc injuries are hard to come back from. Looks like he messed it up again. Unfortunate. Nobody gives a **** if you enjoy touting your horn when players get injured.

At least he made it to the next level, right?

Bottom line, this is more of the same injury plagued issues Decker had at Minnesota. Three months ago when we drafted him I thought this was a risky proposition because of where he was drafted and his previous injury history. Once again, I am not surprised that he's hurt. Hopefully he gets healthy and stays that way because when he is on the field, he's a very good player.

You got all uppity because you like to follow around my posts, disagree, attack and talk **** about things you have no idea about or ever will. As previously mentioned, unless you bring something to the conversation, sit back, STFU, and don't bother those talking football. I was merely commenting on him getting injured and if i'm not mistaken, this is a message board right? About football? And the Denver Broncos? Ah, good. Appears i'm at the right place.

Yup, I lined up for the UH's and Missouri State's of the world. Those schools suck. I've been in games against Pac 10 (USC/WSU/UofA/OSU), Big 12(KU), SEC(Arkansas), and Big 10 (Michigan/NW) foes. Played with and against multiple NFL players and some great coaches, experiences that will stick with me for the rest of my life. I've ran out those tunnels. How about you? While my experience didn't take me to the NFL, it's an accomplishment that not many other people get to experience. Am I bitter for not making it to the league? Hell no. I had a great ride. It was time for me to leave when I did because of knee injuries.

In the end I still have my faith, family, love, experience, dog, and white picket fence so I guess I turned out alright.

BlueCrusher
08-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Would it be written on the wall?

Florida_Bronco
08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Do me a favor... save this post of mine. Just like you could have with Ryan Harris' issues

There's a way to establish credibility!

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2890138#post2890138

HAT
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Yup, I lined up for the UH's and Missouri State's of the world. Those schools suck. I've been in games against Pac 10 (USC/WSU/UofA/OSU), Big 12(KU), SEC(Arkansas), and Big 10 (Michigan/NW) foes. Played with and against multiple NFL players and some great coaches, experiences that will stick with me for the rest of my life. I've ran out those tunnels. How about you?

Ahahahahaha. OMG, seriously, you just typed that?

This instantly is one of the top 3 funniest posts I have ever read on the Mane...Maybe anywhere. And I've read 10's of thousands.

LOL:blowhorn::loopy:

meangene
08-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Yup. It looks like it was just scar tissue...Thankfully! Hopefully a few days rest will help!

-----------------------

The Broncos were initially concerned because it was the same foot that Thomas fractured in March. But a person with knowledge of the diagnosis told The Associated Press on Sunday afternoon that Thomas wasn't seriously injured and that he won't be out long-term.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team hadn't publicly addressed the issue.

Now THAT is some good news. Hopefully Decker is similar. Odd that he would have been playing with a high ankle sprain without it being noticed. Unless that is just more Josina bad info.

Requiem
08-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it was pretty funny. Look where it got him now.

bpc
08-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Farther than you? Bus-pass? Skateboard?

bpc
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
There's a way to establish credibility!

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2890138#post2890138

I think this post is hilarious. Wish I would have seen it sooner however I cut down my internet time to a minimal amount and just happened to see it.

I'll just re-post what I said over on that thread:

Wow, I love this and feel honored! You looked up four years worth of posts. I think that's great!

Admitting fault where it was, I didn't wait long to get after his ass but in retrospect, watching the 2007 offensive line was depressing and if he couldn't beat out Adam Meadows or how ****ty Ryan Pears or Matt Lepsis was, damn right I was down on him.

In the end the original problem was his health. That was my key issue. So where are we 3 years after the fact? He didn't have but one play his first year because of back surgery. In year 2 he was great. And if I recall, i was one of the first people to acknowledge HOW MUCH BETTER he looked starting in the preseason. Conveniently it looks like that was not posted. Year 3, played a few games, ended up injured. Again. What was my key issue?

These posts take me back and I'll tell you why. Before I had kids, football, namely the Denver Broncos was my life. We lost on Sunday, I was pissed until Thursday. Now if we lose on Sunday, i'm commenting on how pretty it is outside that afternoon while BBQ'ing. Anger definitely got the best of me back in the days. No apologies for it since we're all supposed to be fans right?

I stand by my key arguments. I'm greatly concerned about Ryan Harris' injury history. Missing the majority of two out of three years is not an encouraging sign. When he's on the field, he has looked great. Let's hope he can stay there and produce for us. Am i counting on it? No.

--------------------------------------

Fast forward to today, leaving the personal nature of my feelings on Ryan Harris' rookie season out of this because our OL incompetence completely pissed me off, I have the exact same concerns about Eric Decker. I think we're going to be battling the injury bug which is going to keep him off the field for us a bunch.

Don't forget to save this post either FLA!

BMarsh615
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM

-----------------------

Link?

Florida_Bronco
08-08-2010, 03:54 PM

Matt Millen accomplished 100 times more on the football field than BPC ever did. That sure translated to front office side of things, didn't it?

Requiem
08-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Matt Millen accomplished 100 times more on the football field than BPC ever did. That sure translated to front office side of things, didn't it?

Hilarious! w0rd up!

Florida_Bronco
08-08-2010, 04:08 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qKBX9Zt7b_M/0.jpg

"Son, just who the **** do you think you are to question my player analysis? Don't you know I played pro ****ing football? Get outta here, draft nerd."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/millen.jpg

http://www.truecrimereport.com/assets_c/2010/01/charles-rogers-thumb-359x450.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OZPWeCvGMF71cM:http://sidelionreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mike_williams.jpg&t=1

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/matt-millen.jpg

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/former-lions-gm-matt-millen.jpg?w=330&h=365

bpc
08-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd take Matt Millen's expertise over mine... and I would take mine over yours... and it just rolls on downhill from there.

Are we in agreement there? ha ha.

baja
08-08-2010, 04:18 PM
worst TC ever on the Mane

Florida_Bronco
08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd take Matt Millen's expertise over mine... and I would take mine over yours... and it just rolls on downhill from there.

Are we in agreement there? ha ha.

And there is your problem. You equate experience with ability. You and Matt Millen disproved that theory pretty well.

pink_feet
08-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Not surprised both guys are injured.
Decker has a history. As others stated, great talent when healthy, but he cant stay healthy.

I was always concerned about Thomas foot injury. I think it will be a long lingering injury.

UberBroncoMan
08-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Decker has a history. As others stated, great talent when healthy, but he cant stay healthy.

I was always concerned about Thomas foot injury. I think it will be a long lingering injury.

Why do people keep saying Decker has a history when he was fine in college until his Sr. year? There's a reason he has all the records at that school. It's not because he missed tons of games.

Archer81
08-08-2010, 05:14 PM

I think it bears repeating...

Decker has missed 5 games in four years. Four of those games were last year...

Thomas has missed 2 games in three years, and redshirted his freshman year...

WTF with this "injury prone, always hurt, blah blah" nonsense?

Archer81
08-08-2010, 05:18 PM
And again...

The two players have 7 games lost due to injury in 7 combined years of college play...they are TOTALLY injured "all the time"...

HAT
08-08-2010, 06:04 PM

Your opnions have been rendered meaningless. BPC played college football so whatever he says goes. Hilarious!

pink_feet
08-08-2010, 06:29 PM

We shall see, but I have a bad feeling. More so at Decker than Thomas.

FireFly
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
So, if someone is dealing with scar tissue, what's the normal treatment? Just work through the pain?

FireFly
08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Also, I'm sad about Decker.

I don't think he plays much this year. And honestly, I thought he was going to play MORE than Thomas

:(

Natedogg
08-08-2010, 06:43 PM

The reason all our players are getting hurt is because God is punishing the Orange Mane for blasphemy.

Hulamau
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. Time to be real smart with both Decker and Thomas. Give Decker ALL the time he needs to Fully heal plus two extra months before rushing him back... give his body time to feel good being strong again.

Depending on the final verdict on DTs foot also do NOT rush him back just because we deparately need him. Would rather forfeit an already iffy season as it seems now than risk screwing up the career of a guy who could wind up being the real gem of this year and perhaps a real stud for the next 12 years if we do smart by him.

A guy that shows this kind of quick learning curve may not need endless reps to turn DBs in this league into pretzels. Make damn sure his foot is SOLID gold before even thinking of bringing him back, and then only one a days at most the first month or so back.

Running Two-a-days for a pair of rookies desparate to make a good first impression and who are both just coming off delicate foot injures doesn't seem the better part of valor and wisdom to me.

Decker can be a solid possesion playmaker when he can get himself healed up but good and Thomas might just be 'Mr. All World- Brandon WHo?' in the making. Don't '***-it up Broncos

Broncos_OTM
08-08-2010, 09:24 PM

just report to us when Kmart is having a blue light special...

Broncos_OTM
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
The reason all our players are getting hurt is because God is punishing the Orange Mane for blasphemy.

I hope you arent serious. I think we should all blame Wesly Woodyard then.

bpc
08-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Your opnions have been rendered meaningless. BPC played college football so whatever he says goes. Hilarious!

I think you should change your name to asshat.

Sorry, more catchy. Slightly funny too.

Natedogg
08-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I hope you arent serious. I think we should all blame Wesly Woodyard then.

;)

bpc
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
And there is your problem. You equate experience with ability. You and Matt Millen disproved that theory pretty well.

Yawn.

Here's the deal. Personnel decisions are projections in a lot of cases. Definitely not a full-proof process. You are sometimes at the mercy of your bias. Wish I had the run and opps Millen did. You're not always going to be right on players. Nobody will. If people were, they would be making millions of dollars for a program in the NFL.

I had a solid three year run as a college scouting director for the AFL San Jose Sabercats and Arizona Rattlers and almost caught on with Tom Dimitroff when he left NE for Atlanta. In my time in the AFL, we made the playoffs all three times, won two division titles and won the AFL Championship once. That was as far as I could take it. Had a family on the horizon, the league had a work stoppage and I live in expensive ass CA. Had to get out of it.

Not a bad run, we had great success with the scouting programs I was running. Quite comfortable with my resume, where I left it and I plan to get into high school coaching sometime in the near future here in Norcal. Sacramento is a young hotbed which is really coming up right now.

mwill07
08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Here's the thing - Decker may very well have an injury history...or not. Either way, that was no secret in April, and therefore included in his pre-draft appraisal. If he had a clean bill of health, he likely would have been drafted in the 2nd or possibly 1st.

The fact that we got him in the 3rd (and not the 2nd) indicates to me that the cost of a draft pick had decreased to the level we were willing to pay, given his history.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Bottom line, this is more of the same injury plagued issues Decker had at Minnesota. Three months ago when we drafted him I thought this was a risky proposition because of where he was drafted and his previous injury history. Once again, I am not surprised that he's hurt. Hopefully he gets healthy and stays that way because when he is on the field, he's a very good player.

You got all uppity because you like to follow around my posts, disagree, attack and talk **** about things you have no idea about or ever will. As previously mentioned, unless you bring something to the conversation, sit back, STFU, and don't bother those talking football. I was merely commenting on him getting injured and if i'm not mistaken, this is a message board right? About football? And the Denver Broncos? Ah, good. Appears i'm at the right place.

Yup, I lined up for the UH's and Missouri State's of the world. Those schools suck. I've been in games against Pac 10 (USC/WSU/UofA/OSU), Big 12(KU), SEC(Arkansas), and Big 10 (Michigan/NW) foes. Played with and against multiple NFL players and some great coaches, experiences that will stick with me for the rest of my life. I've ran out those tunnels. How about you? While my experience didn't take me to the NFL, it's an accomplishment that not many other people get to experience. Am I bitter for not making it to the league? Hell no. I had a great ride. It was time for me to leave when I did because of knee injuries.

In the end I still have my faith, family, love, experience, dog, and white picket fence so I guess I turned out alright.

Yah, you are like a lot of guys who have played the game. You are not unique, sorry.

That being said, you are never going to make it as a coach. Not with this attitude. Sorry, I've played enough to know...

Dagmar
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Complaining about a quality product you get for free? The American way...

Broncoman13
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM

Why is that?

Dagmar
08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I think you should change your name to asshat.

Sorry, more catchy. Slightly funny too.

http://i27.tinypic.com/153wo4g.gif

Can you change your name to "****ingdouchenozzle" then?

Eldorado
08-09-2010, 10:23 AM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/themightycelestial_bucket/movies%20by%20year/anchorman.gif

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
NFL channel did a segment on the Bronco injuries and reported this morning that the Thomas injury is a re-agravation of the prior one he had but that it apparently checked out OK and wouldn't require any surgery. I imagine this kid needs some additional time to rest and they ought to give it to him.

Pseudofool
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM

After what happened last year, is anyone really be surprised?

oubronco
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Care to share your stats as a player or a link so we can look ourselves

TheReverend
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Care to share your stats as a player or a link so we can look ourselves

Collegiate offensive lineman stat lines are great to look at... :rofl:

broncswin
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
shoot I played college ball too, for the Ottowa Braves in Ottowa Ks....that school is so small I don't think I could find my stats...LOL

gunns
08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I played QB on the Powder Puff team in High School. Am I qualified?

Decker maybe out for the year? Oh LAWD!

You think he'll at least stand on the side lines?

ShutDownPoster
08-09-2010, 05:15 PM
NFL channel did a segment on the Bronco injuries and reported this morning that the Thomas injury is a re-agravation of the prior one he had but that it apparently checked out OK and wouldn't require any surgery. I imagine this kid needs some additional time to rest and they ought to give it to him.

Those fifth metatarsal fractures are very very tricky - I know because I'm recovering from one as we speak. Depending on where it is - it's a watershed area with very limited blood supply and takes a really long time to heal.

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/ankle_and_foot/metatarsal_fracture_full.php

TonyR
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Meanwhile, on the RB front...

Correll Buckhalter to see specialist for back injury
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 9, 2010 4:51 PM ET

When Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter both left Denver's first practice of training camp with injuries, Buckhalter's back strain was supposed to be minor.

Nine days have passed, and Buckhalter still isn't back on the field. The Denver Post reports the 31-year-old plans to visit a specialist this week examine his back and neck. That's never good.

Knowshon Moreno is expected to miss most, if not all, of the preseason after a hamstring injury. LenDale White is already missing practice, and he's suspended for the first four games.

The situation isn't dire just yet -- it's August 9 -- but perhaps Brian Westbrook should be expecting a phone call soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/09/correll-buckhalter-to-see-specialist-for-back-injury/

oubronco
08-09-2010, 05:40 PM
That doesn't sound good

FireFly
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
why are all the threads so depressing :(

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Meanwhile, on the RB front...

Correll Buckhalter to see specialist for back injury
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 9, 2010 4:51 PM ET

When Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter both left Denver's first practice of training camp with injuries, Buckhalter's back strain was supposed to be minor.

Nine days have passed, and Buckhalter still isn't back on the field. The Denver Post reports the 31-year-old plans to visit a specialist this week examine his back and neck. That's never good.

Knowshon Moreno is expected to miss most, if not all, of the preseason after a hamstring injury. LenDale White is already missing practice, and he's suspended for the first four games.

The situation isn't dire just yet -- it's August 9 -- but perhaps Brian Westbrook should be expecting a phone call soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/09/correll-buckhalter-to-see-specialist-for-back-injury/

Why don't they just say "chiropractor"? :sunshine:

watermock
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
"Chiropractor" is slang for "When will I see you again."

Dr. Broncenstein
08-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Why don't they just say "chiropractor"? :sunshine:

I seriously doubt a chiropractor would be the specialist of choice in this instance.

watermock
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Whoever he sees, he'll likely hear "You shouldn't step on the football field again."

Buckhalter's talent has never been the issue.

The MVPlaya
08-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Denver running back Correll Buckhalter has seen a specialist after suffering an upper back and neck injury last week. According to a source close to the situation, the visit was as a precaution and Buckhalter should be fine. The hopes are that he returns to practice next week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/15445/afc-west-news-and-notes-118

broncos-rock
08-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Demaryius Thomas-WR-Broncos Aug. 10 - 4:13 pm et

According to Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, X-rays came back negative on rookie WR Demaryius Thomas'
We take all injury updated from McDaniels with a big grain of salt, as he's not known for honesty in the media. Good news: Thomas does not appear to have re-fractured his foot. The first-rounder remains without a timetable to return.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

Finally some good news!

Rabb
08-10-2010, 01:37 PM
just heard Decker is on the practice field...anyone confirm?

Requiem
08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
No way Decker could be back on the field, he is injured all the time! /sarcasm

THANK YOU TEBOW FOR BLESSING HIS FOOT WITH THE HOLY WATERS!

Kaylore
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
X-rays on DT's foot were negative. It likely was some scar tissue ripping loose.

Rabb
08-10-2010, 01:53 PM
love hearing good news, thanks

Natedogg
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM

That blasphemous post probably just cost us two games. :/

Broncoman13
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah baby, we are going to be just fine! Btw, the Tim Tebow show is on right now! ESPN U, 1998 Gators vs Vandy. He just scored a nice running TD. So far, three TDs, two running. I watched a lot of his games during his Florida days, but watching now that we know he is a Bronco is different.

Broncoman13
08-10-2010, 02:03 PM

Relax, he is still a young kid that doesn't fully understand the power of karma or blasphemy!

broncofan2438
08-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Why do you have a dork for your avatar??

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Lindsay Jones:

As expected, the guys out are: RBs Moreno, Buckhalter, White; OLBs Dumervil, Moss; WRs Thomas, Decker; and RG Kuper

Requiem
08-10-2010, 02:09 PM

Only two games? God damnit! In Tebow's name, let us pray.

crush17
So, Kuper is an ankle injury, correct?

I was out of town and away from internet, etc for 4 days and about all I've gotten is that Kuper has a leg/ankle injury.

What is the severity?

Requiem
Why do you have a dork for your avatar??

His name is Alastor -- and he is a moderator at Broncos Country.

MABroncoFan
08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Lindsay Jones:

As expected, the guys out are: RBs Moreno, Buckhalter, White; OLBs Dumervil, Moss; WRs Thomas, Decker; and RG Kuper

Does that mean DJ is back practicing?

Requiem
08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Relax, he is still a young kid that doesn't fully understand the power of karma or blasphemy!

A firm believer in karma and doing well to others and paying it forward. In no way will making Tim Tebow jokes on this forum hurt me in real life or the Broncos chances of winning. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM

He's back out there, from what I read, wearing a different top for non-contact.

ND Bronco Fan
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
He's back out there, from what I read, wearing a different top for non-contact.

They should make chicks in bars do the same thing.

diehardbroncosfan
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Not only DJ, but apparently Spencer Larsen, Dustin Fry, and Chris Baker (finally!) were back as well.

Los Broncos
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
His name is Alastor -- and he is a moderator at Broncos Country.

And he's never had sex with a woman.

underrated29
08-10-2010, 03:32 PM
And he's never had sex with a woman.

Or a man. Most likely an animal of some sorts.

Rock Chalk
08-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah baby, we are going to be just fine! Btw, the Tim Tebow show is on right now! ESPN U, 1998 Gators vs Vandy. He just scored a nice running TD. So far, three TDs, two running. I watched a lot of his games during his Florida days, but watching now that we know he is a Bronco is different.

No its not. His defense was still incredible and I want you to sit there and count how many people on those teams are in teh NFL and then you MIGHT get some inkling of why Tebow had success in College.

TheReverend
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
No its not. His defense was still incredible and I want you to sit there and count how many people on those teams are in teh NFL and then you MIGHT get some inkling of why Tebow had success in College.

What's Miami's perpetual excuse then?

Kaylore
08-10-2010, 07:48 PM

1998? So Tebow is doing this and he's eleven years old here? He really is good.:~ohyah!:

Broncoman13
08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
1998? So Tebow is doing this and he's eleven years old here? He really is good.:~ohyah!:

Hahaha, I'm living in the SB years still! Lol

Alec, What does the defense have to do with Tebow scoring TD after TD? What does it have to do with him being the second highest rated passer in FBS history? Haters gonna hate!