PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cardboard...

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 07:37 PM
... THY NAME BE BUDWIESER SELECT 55!

I've drank a lot of bad beer in my day, I'm not gonna lie. But I've finished them all. Why, because it was beer. I made a frightening discovery tonight, one I''m not really thrilled to share. But I don't think I can finish this 12 pack. This beer sucks so bad I think I'm gonna have to flush it.

Warning: Do Not Buy Budweiser Select 55. That stupid red crown should be banished from the beer kingdom. Forever!

PS: This thread is for baja :yayaya:

ColoradoDarin
08-06-2010, 07:42 PM
You bought a 55 cal beer and thought it would taste like anything other than bad water?

Even in my youth the worst beer I'd drink was BL or Coors Light... I've become even more of a beer snob these days.

Homer Simpson
08-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember trying the Beck 64 or whatever. Whole 12 pack and not a buzz. was like 3.2!

skunk
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
uh you do know they dont even sell that in liquor stores because its not even 3.2 right? perhaps you have been owned... by your own stupidity? perhaps you should... hmmm ...dare i say... ki

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 07:52 PM
You bought a 55 cal beer and thought it would taste like anything other than bad water?

Even in my youth the worst beer I'd drink was BL or Coors Light... I've become even more of a beer snob these days.

Dude, this beer sucks to a whole new level. I opened a can, took a swig and I thought the carbonation had disappeared, so I thought I'd just opened a bad can of beer. So, I went ahead and drank, because I don't waste beer, whatever, no biggie. Then, I open the second can and same thing. So, I poor the can into a class and it foams right up! Good solid head of beer. I'm like "wow, it don't look flat." So give a can to my friend and say "what do you think?" He's like "yah, what's wrong with it, it's flat."

So, wtf?

I open another can and same thing. Now I'm like WTF?

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
uh you do know they dont even sell that in liquor stores because its not even 3.2 right? perhaps you have been owned... by your own stupidity? perhaps you should... hmmm ...dare i say... ki

I bought it in a liquor store in Wyoming. I don't know the legalities of beer in Wyoming but I'm pretty sure it's 6.0 beer.

Los Broncos
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
"I'm going to flush it" Hilarious!

Captain 'Dre
08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I bought it in a liquor store in Wyoming. I don't know the legalities of beer in Wyoming but I'm pretty sure it's 6.0 beer.

I think it's beer you're supposed to drink after you're already drunk. ugh!~

skunk
08-06-2010, 08:24 PM

well i guess the more you know... [rainbow] *a bunch of gay guys in cutoffs and tanktops with bartles and james wine coolers jump out and dance around "tombstone rj" for the gayest dance party ever* :egbgb:

Hogan11
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I'd still take it over any Coors product, although I know that isn't saying very much

Swedish Extrovert
08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
... THY NAME BE BUDWIESER!

I've drank a lot of bad beer in my day, I'm not gonna lie. But I've finished them all. Why, because it was beer. I made a frightening discovery tonight, one I''m not really thrilled to share. But I don't think I can finish this 12 pack. This beer sucks so bad I think I'm gonna have to flush it.

Warning: Do Not Buy Budweiser. That stupid red crown should be banished from the beer kingdom. Forever!

PS: This thread is for baja :yayaya:

I fixed your post.

Drink New Belgium, Avery, Left Hand or Tommyknocker instead.

Durango
08-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd still take it over any Coors product, although I know that isn't saying very much

Wow. How very Colorado of you. Coors is an outstanding beer, especially the banquet beer. The only beer I'd prefer more might be a Whatney's or maybe a Sam Adams pale ale, and I've downed suds in Europe, England and South America. Coors matches up just fine with anything in the world.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2010, 12:19 AM

Man, you just started a war in Colorado. Get ready to put your dukes up.
Bud55 would probably be drank by you just because it is bud. 55 calories. I think water has more calories than that. I believe it is the first beer that advertises that you actually lose weight drinking it because one can and you are going to the toilet and sticking the finger down the throat.

Broncobiv
08-07-2010, 01:50 AM

BS 55 over Blue Moon? Hardly...

eddie mac
08-07-2010, 02:20 AM
No offense but you guys haven't lived until you've drank real beer. None of that gassy **** that fills your stomach up after 5-10 pints.

You want fizz go drink coca-cola or champagne.

Atwater His Ass
08-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Coors is probably the worst of the big domestic beers. Although that's not really saying that much since they all suck.

bowtown
08-07-2010, 06:41 AM
From the title I thought this was going to be another tebow bust thread.

Broncos4tw
08-07-2010, 06:54 AM
I don't usually drink beer.. but when I do.. I prefer anything not named Budweiser, Coors, Michelob, or any other cheap nasty beer.

Give me a Guinness any day, thank you. Or better, a good imported English porter or dark lager any day. Budweiser.. I used to drink that when I was in the Army and didn't know any better.

Captain 'Dre
08-07-2010, 07:06 AM
No offense but you guys haven't lived until you've drank real beer. None of that gassy **** that fills your stomach up after 5-10 pints.

Sounds like what Jay Cutler used to talk about in the huddle.

".... On three-- BREAK!!! Ha!

elsid13
08-07-2010, 07:12 AM

No offense Eddie Mac, but I would put up some of our micro brews against anything in the world no matter the style. I would say the US brews would beat most of your stuff hands down, in taste, aroma and flavor

Pony Boy
08-07-2010, 07:25 AM
"I'm going to flush it" Hilarious!

Flush it now or flush it later.......but I would rather stand on the back deck and go..... no neighbors around my place. (my wife hates when I do that)

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Flush it now or flush it later.......but I would rather stand on the back deck and go..... no neighbors around my place. (my wife hates when I do that)

I love pissing outdoors.

Pony Boy
08-07-2010, 07:46 AM
I love pissing outdoors.

Yep, being able to hold the beer under my chin while I piss is a talent I'm proud of.

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Yep, being able to hold the beer under my chin while I piss is a talent I'm proud of.

:notworthy

Hogan11
08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow. How very Colorado of you. Coors is an outstanding beer, especially the banquet beer. The only beer I'd prefer more might be a Whatney's or maybe a Sam Adams pale ale, and I've downed suds in Europe, England and South America. Coors matches up just fine with anything in the world.

Well, for a start, I'm not from Colorado (even though I would've loved to have been) and 2: I just never cared for it and believe me...my life would be a lot easier if I could drink the stuff even on occasion.

Flex Gunmetal
08-07-2010, 08:37 AM

lol. Coors is a terrible tasting boring beer for freshman in college.

Hogan11
08-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Bud55 would probably be drank by you just because it is bud. 55 calories. I think water has more calories than that. I believe it is the first beer that advertises that you actually lose weight drinking it because one can and you are going to the toilet and sticking the finger down the throat.

Uh no....I tried one bottle and while it's not as rancid as Bud Light Wheat, it's not something I would choose to buy nor would accept if it was given to me.

Hogan11
08-07-2010, 08:40 AM
BS 55 over Blue Moon? Hardly...

I'm not much a Blue Moon fan, sorry.

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 08:47 AM

I'm looking forward to trying some beers this year in Denver.

Any good ideas and where to go? I mean we've been to a few places in the past but I'm looking for the mother load.

gunns
08-07-2010, 09:11 AM
I love pissing outdoors.

It's something we women are jealous about. Yes we can go outdoors, but we have to find a private spot, and hope we don't get it on our pants, and the biggest one.....we cannot write in the snow!

NYBronco
08-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Any good ideas and where to go? I mean we've been to a few places in the past but I'm looking for the mother load.

Try this link that is posted on the Baltimore Sun website. I saw it in the newpaper this morning while waiting in line at the grocery store. Being from the Longmont/Boulder area it grabbed my interest.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/sc-trav-0727-denver-beer-20100727,0,4624222.story

Hogan11
08-07-2010, 09:29 AM
It's something we women are jealous about. Yes we can go outdoors, but we have to find a private spot, and hope we don't get it on our pants, and the biggest one.....we cannot write in the snow!

Penis envy at it's finest Hilarious!

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 09:33 AM

Yeah sucks for women in that respect, they can't just whip it out.

I like to write my name.

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Try this link that is posted on the Baltimore Sun website. I saw it in the newpaper this morning while waiting in line at the grocery store. Being from the Longmont/Boulder area it grabbed my interest.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/sc-trav-0727-denver-beer-20100727,0,4624222.story

Looks cool, thanks bro.

chickennob2
08-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Don't flush it. Never flush alcohol. Find some homeless person and make their day!

mwill07
08-07-2010, 09:44 AM
whole lot of apples being compared to oranges in here.

Coors is a fine example of an American Lager. There are literally hundreds of other styles of beer available throughout the world. If you don't like Coors/Bud/ whatever, that's fine but it's not because they make swill, it's because you'd prefer a different style.

I've never had Bud 55, but I'm sure it is exactly what they intended it to be - a very watered down, flavorless version of an already watered down, flavorless style, aimed at health snobs and women. If that's not you, I can't blame you for not liking it, but you don't like it because it's bad beer, you don't like it because you don't like the style.

* unless the particular batch you had was defective for some reason. Maybe Budweisers carbonating system was broke when they canned your particular 12'er. I once had a 12-er of Blue Moon that tasted like cooked celery- absolutely terrible. I now know that's a symptom of bacteria being present during fermentation, and it was a manufacturing defect - all Blue Moon does not taste like celery.

elsid13
08-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Looks cool, thanks bro.

Lefthand, Avery Brewing and Great Divide Brewing are award winning breweries. Their beer is outstanding.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Great Divide tap room at 22nd and Larimer (I think). Good beers, cool patio.

Take the New Belgium tour in Fort Collins. AWESOME experience.

Hit up the Coors Brewery. I know, I know, not the best beer in the world (though i still drink my share of CL and Banquet), but it's cool to see a macro-brew in action.

And if you like whiskey, the Stranahan's Tasting Room at Alameda and I-25 is a must-visit.

If you just want a bar, check out the Falling Rock Tap House downtown. About 150 beers on tap. Good stuff.

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Great Divide tap room at 22nd and Larimer (I think). Good beers, cool patio.

Take the New Belgium tour in Fort Collins. AWESOME experience.

Hit up the Coors Brewery. I know, I know, not the best beer in the world (though i still drink my share of CL and Banquet), but it's cool to see a macro-brew in action.

And if you like whiskey, the Stranahan's Tasting Room at Alameda and I-25 is a must-visit.

If you just want a bar, check out the Falling Rock Tap House downtown. About 150 beers on tap. Good stuff.

I've been to some of those, great beer.

I'm just gonna try them all and see what I like.

Really looking for a good porter.

BroncoLifer
08-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Understanding and enjoying quality does not make you a snob.

NYBronco
08-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Lefthand, Avery Brewing and Great Divide Brewing are award winning breweries. Their beer is outstanding.

I just tried the Lefthand two weeks ago and liked it very much.

Coors and Bud are good brews but I had so many of them when I was younger. Now I try to venture out and expand my tastings. Way too many good flavorful micro brews out there to limit myself to the big corporate domination.

elsid13
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I just tried the Lefthand two weeks ago and liked it very much.

Coors and Bud are good brews but I had so many of them when I was younger. Now I try to venture out and expand my tastings. Way too many good flavorful micro brews out there to limit myself to the big corporate domination.

To many great American Brewery not to try the little guys. The big multinational use rice vs yeast and barely which is half the problem.

ColoradoDarin
08-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I've toured the Bud Brewery here in Jax twice in the year we've been here. Bud's American Ale is just about as good as a microbrew (but I'd still drink Yuengling over it). Beach Bum Blonde Ale is good too.

Don't know if they have it in CO, but back in Oregon Deschute's Mirror Pond Pale Ale is a very good beer, my wife loves their seasonal Twilight Summer Ale.

One of these days, I'm going to try and brew up my own batch...

steeledude
08-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Beer?? How dare you try to change the subject around here. I thought by your subject title "Liquid Cardboard" you were talking about the bone structure of our football team.

eddie mac
08-07-2010, 10:51 AM
No offense Eddie Mac, but I would put up some of our micro brews against anything in the world no matter the style. I would say the US brews would beat most of your stuff hands down, in taste, aroma and flavor

If it aint fizzy I'll certainly drink it bud.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Uh no....I tried one bottle and while it's not as rancid as Bud Light Wheat, it's not something I would choose to buy nor would accept if it was given to me.

Boy we differ big time. I dont drink Bud hardly at all but I would buy Golden Wheat Bud when I need a cheaper beer that my wife and father in law would drink. I dont think it is that bad for a mass produced company.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Beer?? How dare you try to change the subject around here. I thought by your subject title "Liquid Cardboard" you were talking about the bone structure of your football team.

Fixed it for ya.
Dont even try to be a Broncos fan around here. We know your past and present.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I've been to some of those, great beer.

I'm just gonna try them all and see what I like.

Really looking for a good porter.

I know we talked about going to Stone's in SD but an old boy scout guy from my troop opened up a brewery in Lake Elsinore. I thought he had a good Prter. Maybe hit that one up during a baseball game there (the Single A Padres play a mile away). BEER!
BTW, OMane weekend you have to go with me to New Belgium in Fort Collins.

Los Broncos
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
I know we talked about going to Stone's in SD but an old boy scout guy from my troop opened up a brewery in Lake Elsinore. I thought he had a good Prter. Maybe hit that one up during a baseball game there (the Single A Padres play a mile away). BEER!
BTW, OMane weekend you have to go with me to New Belgium in Fort Collins.

I'm down for the crown.

elsid13
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
If it aint fizzy I'll certainly drink it bud.

Nothing fizzy with the beers I drink.

steeledude
08-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Fixed it for ya.
Dont even try to be a Broncos fan around here. We know your past and present.

Get over yourself. I'm a Bronco fan and nothing you can do about it. I hope I run into you someday at invesco. See if your run your little yappy mouth in real life.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Beer?? How dare you try to change the subject around here. I thought by your subject title "Liquid Cardboard" you were talking about the bone structure of our football team.

funny, that's very funny. don't quit your day job...

Hogan11
08-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Boy we differ big time. I dont drink Bud hardly at all but I would buy Golden Wheat Bud when I need a cheaper beer that my wife and father in law would drink. I dont think it is that bad for a mass produced company.

Wow, you actually like that Wheat stuff? Man, I couldn't even get a swallow of it down. Best thing they make IMHO is the regular Select, but it's hard to come by around my area. I'm no beer coniseur (or however you spell it), I just like what I like and try to stick to it because mixing brews is always a bad idea.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2010, 07:00 PM
So I found a PBR in the back of the fridge and cracked it open. It's like Nector Of The Gods compared to the Select 55 swillage. I mean, it's like I found an island of refreshment is a sea of liquid cardboard hell...

Requiem
08-07-2010, 07:02 PM
PBR. . . huge step up from #55. . . WOW!

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2010, 07:05 PM
ok bad analogy, it's like an oasis of refreshment in a vast desert of flat swillage crap...

broncocalijohn
08-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Get over yourself. I'm a Bronco fan and nothing you can do about it. I hope I run into you someday at invesco. See if your run your little yappy mouth in real life.

oh, another threat from the "fan" who couldnt wait until another poster could be proven wrong that the Broncos would be good. No fan would want to be correct in that instance. Well, anyone except you. I will be there during the Seattle game. You want to threaten me there, go for it. Sounds like you need to resort to violence to prove you are a fan. I think the many here would think otherwise.

steeledude
08-07-2010, 10:18 PM
oh, another threat from the "fan" who couldnt wait until another poster could be proven wrong that the Broncos would be good. No fan would want to be correct in that instance. Well, anyone except you. I will be there during the Seattle game. You want to threaten me there, go for it. Sounds like you need to resort to violence to prove you are a fan. I think the many here would think otherwise.

No violence, just curious to see if you'd run your flapper when you had to look someone in the eye. My guess is no--even knowing there is no possibility of violence you don't strike me as big enough to mouth off in public.

HAT
08-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Do you really want me to bump *that* thread?

steeledude
08-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Do you really want me to bump *that* thread?

Go for it. I've said it was a mistake, and I've moved on. You should pull your panties out of your butt and get over it too! But bump away, your belief about me doesn't change the fact that I'm a Bronco fan. And a season ticket holder sucker.

Homer Simpson
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Go for it. I've said it was a mistake, and I've moved on. You should pull your panties out of your butt and get over it too! But bump away, your belief about me doesn't change the fact that I'm a Bronco fan. And a season ticket holder sucker.

Bronco fan or not you come across as an absolute cock.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2010, 09:11 PM
No violence, just curious to see if you'd run your flapper when you had to look someone in the eye. My guess is no--even knowing there is no possibility of violence you don't strike me as big enough to mouth off in public.

If you asked me if I thought that you were a good fan, I would say no with the proof in the pudding. Now if you really want to come by for the seattle game to hear that, go for it. If I say it here, I will say it to you. Without violence involved, why would I not back up what I (and many here) believe you to be a bad fan? Save the trip. Hopefully you are a Broncos fan and made a huge mistake trying to be correct by having the Broncos suck. You just dont want to bring opposing fans to OM weekends like a guy many of us know named broncofan2438. He actually threw out his Broncos gear.